Stray Fawn Community

The Resistance- Invasion of Body Snatchers RP-

Chiyanna

At the annual meeting of the Plutanous Civilization Number 12 (i made it up ok?) a common problem arose.

"We already couldn't inhabit and improve infants," said the one who brought up the issue, number 12, "but this is worse!"

"How could the humans have adapted so quickly? It makes no sense!"

"We'll just have to raise them before using the pods on them," commented one 

"No, we can't do that! We just shouldn't reproduce," said number 5.

"But these bodies will die eventually," said number 7.

"And we will then leave this planet in search of a new one, as we've always done," number 5 commented.

"But these are the most suitable bodies we've found. Ones capable of sustaining us for generations," said number 7.

"I agree," said number 1. And that was that.

__

Enough with the story! Onto the rant! So you guys wanted zombie fungi, I give you one better! Cloning and mind controling things from space! I recently watched invasion of the body snatchers. I hated the ending. (also anybody else triggered by that scene where the one guy sacrifices himself instead of them climbing a chain-link fence only a couple feet higher than them? no, just me?) And as the adage goes, whether or not you have a happy ending depends on where you stop the script.

You in this rp are the last humans in the world, the resistance against the body snatches who I have named Plutarians for lack of a better name.

To make this not impossible I instigated some changes from the movie. As you might have guessed, children are now immune from being cloned (only second generation children). And of course the body-snatchers can mate but when they do it creates human children. So yeah, you are actually these children. Cloning teens also doesn't work well and teen clones are often deformed. Sometimes teens survive the cloning process, though they are usually disabled.

Also, I changed the time of cloning to be longer. If in direct contact to a pod and in a deep sleep it takes 10-24 hours. However, if not asleep it takes days. The pod must have direct contact to you to start the process. However, if your clone has already been started if it is anywhere near you it will continue to copy you, though slower, taking weeks if you're asleep, months if you aren't. 

Also humans in this aren't dumb like in the movie (why are the humans always dumb??). They probably aren't quite as smart as the aliens but are much more creative and willing to destroy stuff.

So do what you can. Blend in to try and survive or burn what you can to the ground, (or both). Meet up with other humans or go it alone because you can never know who to trust... Sleep as little as you need to function. And whatever you do, kill any clones of yours as soon as they start being created.

Form:

Do you want a chance at being a gen 1 adult/teen:

Gender/pronouns:

Personality (optional):

Other (optional):

(this is only to join I will roll for whether you are an adult/teen if you said yes to that. Then I will ask you to fill in another form/more info about your character, and will also roll for some things too)

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, __________________________ said:

I've never watched it, but I might

(it's kinda a horror movie, tho not as scary as modern ones lol. I was honestly frustrated by the plot holes and how stupid the humans were as u can see in my rant above. But you shouldn't let that stop you, you might enjoy it!)

4 hours ago, __________________________ said:

Mmmmmm

Sure

Thanks for joining! After all this time I didn't think anyone would lol.

Time to use a random number generator to see if you are a gen 1 adult/teen. Do you want me to randomize your age and circumstances too? Or would you rather make up a backstory for your character?

• Paw up 1

6 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

(it's kinda a horror movie, tho not as scary as modern ones lol. I was honestly frustrated by the plot holes and how stupid the humans were as u can see in my rant above. But you shouldn't let that stop you, you might enjoy it!)

Thanks for joining! After all this time I didn't think anyone would lol.

Time to use a random number generator to see if you are a gen 1 adult/teen. Do you want me to randomize your age and circumstances too? Or would you rather make up a backstory for your character?

You could randomize age, then I could see what I can make as a backstory?

• Paw up 1

18 minutes ago, __________________________ said:

You could randomize age, then I could see what I can make as a backstory?

You didn't get lucky enough to be an adult/teen. You are what I call gen 2 (1st generation is parent generation). Age 8. My original idea is that they had the conferance recently and haven't done much about it yet but you can change that if it doesn't make sense)

2 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

You didn't get lucky enough to be an adult/teen. You are what I call gen 2 (1st generation is parent generation). Age 8. My original idea is that they had the conferance recently and haven't done much about it yet but you can change that if it doesn't make sense)

I'm okay with that!

I would probably just come up with an overdramatic backstory, anyhow-

16 minutes ago, __________________________ said:

I'm okay with that!

I would probably just come up with an overdramatic backstory, anyhow-

(alright, should we just begin then? Or do you wish to add anything else about your character?

3 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

(go ahead and give an appearance unless u want me to pick it but you'd probably be better at it lol)

Ok

Pale skin, dirty blonde hair, blue eyes.

She doesn't like dresses.

-

If you don't like it, you can change it)

Also.. Do you choose a name?

(Sorry for so many questions)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, __________________________ said:

Ok

Pale skin, dirty blonde hair, blue eyes.

She doesn't like dresses.

-

If you don't like it, you can change it)

Also.. Do you choose a name?

(Sorry for so many questions)

(I like it! 

Maybe the children should be referred to by numbers since the snatched don't have much (if any) emotional attatchment? Or would that be less practical than names?

Nah don't be sorry. I'm usually the one asking all the questions! Plus it gives me a chance to figure some stuff out myself)

14 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

(I like it! 

Maybe the children should be referred to by numbers since the snatched don't have much (if any) emotional attatchment? Or would that be less practical than names?

Nah don't be sorry. I'm usually the one asking all the questions! Plus it gives me a chance to figure some stuff out myself)

Ok.

Well, I don't mind what her name is!

And if number names would be most attached to the story, then I don't mind!

• Paw up 1

20 minutes ago, __________________________ said:

She stood from her bed and walked to the dresser, opening the top drawer.

There were socks in it. Most of them were white, some black, some brown, and in one corner a couple pairs of colorful socks.