Stray Fawn Community

DuskClan...4?!

Sky

ok so waaaaay back like almost 3 years ago I made a wc challenge playthrough thing. and then i abandoned it. and then i guess I made a 2nd version but I can't find it. then there was DuskClan 3 and I abandoned that one too. but then yesterday @Chiyannarevived the thread and made me want to make a DuskClan 3 so HERE WE GOT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

...also I have to go like now so just a quick intro and then it'll be continued tomorrow

20210910211415_1.thumb.jpg.1dda6936058bc4e9a6fa59b11172ca87.jpg

A small kit arrives on an island. He does not know where his parents are, but he's always been a nice independent young man so he decides he's gonna go make his own Clan and be the greatest leader ever. He's sorta self conscious though so hopefully his subjects Clanmates like him.

This nicheling is self-conscious. Their life wish is to become a hunter.

...and that's literally it for now cause i gtg. i'll finish tomorrow!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

(surprise, extra update!)

Duskkit spends a few days on his little island, collecting food and growing up. As a young adult he crosses to the next island, and meets a strange but beautiful cat named Cherrydust.

This nicheling is exciting. They don't like kits. Their life wish is to destroy bushes.

20210910214617_1.thumb.jpg.5a219e34c08b3eeed4d8dbed858f4956.jpg

ok actually gtg now see y'all tomorrow

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

10 hours ago, Sky said:

(surprise, extra update!)

Duskkit spends a few days on his little island, collecting food and growing up. As a young adult he crosses to the next island, and meets a strange but beautiful cat named Cherrydust.

This nicheling is exciting. They don't like kits. Their life wish is to destroy bushes.

20210910214617_1.thumb.jpg.5a219e34c08b3eeed4d8dbed858f4956.jpg

ok actually gtg now see y'all tomorrow

(is it possible to not breed Adam with Eve? if it is maybe u shouldn't since she don't like kits. otherwise she will neglect them)

• Paw up 1

7 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

(is it possible to not breed Adam with Eve? if it is maybe u shouldn't since she don't like kits. otherwise she will neglect them)

Yeah, I'm gonna hope that a female wanderer shows up before they're too old but if it takes too long they'll make an agreement that she'll have like 2 kits with him to keep the Clan alive

• Like 1

(btw I'll start doing allegiances once there's more cats)

Duskstar asks this strange cat if she'd like to join his Clan. Cherrydust accepts happily, automatically becoming his Deputy, and the two get to work on collecting food for their journey to the next island.

Duskstar kills two rabbils. He is very proud and wants to do it more. He nervously asks Cherrydust what he thinks of this and she ends up excited too. More food! Yay!

The small Clan makes their way to the new island. The pair starts to explore, hoping that new clanmates await them.

20210911160106_1.thumb.jpg.f5bb8d68d63362637205186ec69925d5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

The Clan splits up to search for new members for their Clan. They agree to meet up in a few days and bump the population themselves if they have to. (Cherrydust isn't so excited, but Duskstar compromises and says he'll take care of the kits and all she has to do is birth them. From then one they're simply her Clanmates.)

The two reach the other end of the small island with no luck. Cherrydust is soon on a nest, expecting their first child. A beautiful boy named Applekit is born. Duskstar is delighted.

This nicheling is freewheeling. They are a bit stupid. Their life wish is to kill an important nicheling.

20210916213638_1.thumb.jpg.834afd1f77ec2c93fd8e2d64234f90f8.jpg

In a couple days, a very similar-looking kit named Butterflykit is born. Duskstar seems to like him even more. Applepaw becomes an apprentice and is assigned to Cherrydust.

This nicheling is popular. They don't like too much socialization. Their life wish is to have multiple mates.

20210916213916_1.thumb.jpg.5523db4b9c8efde2368806c62559d360.jpg

• Eek! 2

Leader
Duskstar - large orange tom with red stripes

Deputy
Cherrydust - brown and gray she-cat with smooth fur
     Apprentice - Applepaw

Apprentices
Applepaw - large red and beige tom with long fangs

Kits
Butterflykit - large dark red and beige tom with long fangs (son of Cherrydust and Duskstar)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

"please please please please PLEAAASE?!?! can we PLEASE have just one more kit??" - Duskstar, abridged
"FINE BUT YOU HAVE TO CLEAN UP AFTER THEM" - Cherrydust, abridged

Cherrydust becomes pregnant for the final time. Duskstar leads his oldest son to the berry bush, since his mom/mentor is busy having babies.

Cherrydust gives birth to Sunnykit, a she-kit. Butterflykit becomes an apprentice, and is assigned to Duskstar himself.

This nicheling is skeptical. They love socialization. Their life wish is to dig up roots.

20210920170801_1.thumb.jpg.25f46a7851e74eb399211686e91b32b3.jpg

However, Duskstar realizes he and his friend-with-benefits (benefits = children) do not have much time left in this world. He teaches his sons all he knows about being a leader and raising children (they'll have to raise Sunnykit themselves). He tells them that they've got to find mates or the Clan will fail. He expects Applepaw to become the leader, since he's older, and Butterflypaw to be the deputy. Applepaw, feeling confined by all of these rules and expectations, asks his father if it'd be okay if Butterflypaw could be the leader instead. Duskstar agrees, saying they can do whatever they want, as long as they keep the Clan alive. (Butterflypaw was his favorite anyways, so score! Butterflypaw also agreed to this arrangement.)

20210920170750_1.thumb.jpg.5921827b74f171609c65463134720e1f.jpg

Cherrydust, tired and old, informs her Clan that her time is up and she's gonna go and die alone thank you very much. Her children and friend-with-benefits, though they were not her family relationship wise, are sad to see her go. However, as they watch her, a tom pops out of the Unknown!

20210920175532_1.thumb.jpg.9e9544333b581e5029985ca0fb92c10d.jpg

This nicheling is pessimistic. Their life wish is to becomes mates with an important nicheling.

Cherrydust does not see the male before she disappears, so Applepaw runs up to him. "Hi! What's your name?!"

"...Birdwatcher."

"Would you like to join our Clan? It's AWESOME! My dad's our leader but he's gonna die soon....but my brother's gonna be leader so that's still awesome!!"

"Er...do I have to?" Applepaw gives him the kit eyes. "Fine, if you insist, young cat."

• Haha 1
  • Eek! 1

3 hours ago, Sky said:

Leader

Deputy
Cherrydust - brown and gray she-cat with smooth fur
     Apprentice - Applepaw

Apprentices

Kits
Butterflykit - large dark red and beige tom with long fangs (son of Cherrydust and Duskstar)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

"please please please please PLEAAASE?!?! can we PLEASE have just one more kit??" - Duskstar, abridged
"FINE BUT YOU HAVE TO CLEAN UP AFTER THEM" - Cherrydust, abridged

Cherrydust becomes pregnant for the final time. Duskstar leads his oldest son to the berry bush, since his mom/mentor is busy having babies.

Cherrydust gives birth to Sunnykit, a she-kit. Butterflykit becomes an apprentice, and is assigned to Duskstar himself.

This nicheling is skeptical. They love socialization. Their life wish is to dig up roots.

20210920170801_1.thumb.jpg.25f46a7851e74eb399211686e91b32b3.jpg

However, Duskstar realizes he and his friend-with-benefits (benefits = children) do not have much time left in this world. He teaches his sons all he knows about being a leader and raising children (they'll have to raise Sunnykit themselves). He tells them that they've got to find mates or the Clan will fail. He expects Applepaw to become the leader, since he's older, and Butterflypaw to be the deputy. Applepaw, feeling confined by all of these rules and expectations, asks his father if it'd be okay if Butterflypaw could be the leader instead. Duskstar agrees, saying they can do whatever they want, as long as they keep the Clan alive. (Butterflypaw was his favorite anyways, so score! Butterflypaw also agreed to this arrangement.)

20210920170750_1.thumb.jpg.5921827b74f171609c65463134720e1f.jpg

Cherrydust, tired and old, informs her Clan that her time is up and she's gonna go and die alone thank you very much. Her children and friend-with-benefits, though they were not her family relationship wise, are sad to see her go. However, as they watch her, a tom pops out of the Unknown!

20210920175532_1.thumb.jpg.9e9544333b581e5029985ca0fb92c10d.jpg

This nicheling is pessimistic. Their life wish is to becomes mates with an important nicheling.

Cherrydust does not see the male before she disappears, so Applepaw runs up to him. "Hi! What's your name?!"

"...Birdwatcher."

"Would you like to join our Clan? It's AWESOME! My dad's our leader but he's gonna die soon....but my brother's gonna be leader so that's still awesome!!"

"Er...do I have to?" Applepaw gives him the kit eyes. "Fine, if you insist, young cat."

(nice! the clan is off to a rocky start but growing...

also apparently Applepaw wants to kill his brother the leader since he's the only important nicheling? Idk maybe he wants to kill the future med cat or himself. I guess regular warriors and queens can be kinda important too??

I guess the only female in the tribe is kinda important so maybe Birdwatcher can be their mate and say he's checked that box and then Applepaw can kill them Imeanwhat

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 9:13 PM, Chiyanna said:

(nice! the clan is off to a rocky start but growing...

also apparently Applepaw wants to kill his brother the leader since he's the only important nicheling? Idk maybe he wants to kill the future med cat or himself. I guess regular warriors and queens can be kinda important too??

I guess the only female in the tribe is kinda important so maybe Birdwatcher can be their mate and say he's checked that box and then Applepaw can kill them Imeanwhat

Yeah I gotta think about who he's gonna want to kill. Though their life wish doesn't necessarily mean that they'll actually do it - like Cherrydust wanted to destroy bushes but she just didn't because she had more important things to do. Applepaw might want to murder someone important (perhaps with the intention of being known as the cat murdered a very important cat so then he'll go down in history?) but then all the important cats are his family so he doesn't do it. Also, their life wish isn't necessarily something they want to do from birth - just a sort of end goal. Maybe later on something happens and, for example, he comes to hate his brother and murders him.

On 9/21/2021 at 7:55 AM, Chiyanna said:

Also Sunnykit wants to dig up roots and she has digger paw so that's just perfect! And cute too :)

Perfection 👌 Cherrydust wanted to destroy bushes bush she had 0 strength so I was just like "yeah...you're not doing that". she had more important things to do, like collecting food and trying to find wanderers

• Paw up 1

5 hours ago, Sky said:

Yeah I gotta think about who he's gonna want to kill. Though their life wish doesn't necessarily mean that they'll actually do it - like Cherrydust wanted to destroy bushes but she just didn't because she had more important things to do. Applepaw might want to murder someone important (perhaps with the intention of being known as the cat murdered a very important cat so then he'll go down in history?) but then all the important cats are his family so he doesn't do it. Also, their life wish isn't necessarily something they want to do from birth - just a sort of end goal. Maybe later on something happens and, for example, he comes to hate his brother and murders him.

Perfection 👌 Cherrydust wanted to destroy bushes bush she had 0 strength so I was just like "yeah...you're not doing that". she had more important things to do, like collecting food and trying to find wanderers

I like the idea of something happening so he wants to murder his brother or someone else important. It's better than him vainly wanting to kill someone just to go down in history...

• Like 1

Leader
     Apprentice - Butterflypaw

Deputy
(Butterflypaw)

Warriors
Birdwatcher - large red and mossy-brown tom

Apprentices
Butterflypaw - large dark red and beige tom with long fangs

Kits
Sunnykit - yellow she-kit with smooth skin and long fangs (child of Duskstar and Cherrydust)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Cherrydust passes away alone in the Unknown, as she wished.

Duskstar gives Applepaw his warrior name of Appledash, after his energetic spirit. He gives Appledash and Butterflypaw a very long speech about how to be leaders and carry on the legacy and please StarClan and find a medicine cat and find at least one female and blah blah blah. Neither listen that much, but they get the basics. (Birdwatcher begrudgingly watches over Sunnykit.)

20210930202533_1.thumb.jpg.f74156f5690c679d6946e9b40c3403e0.jpg

The next day, Duskstar sadly passes on to StarClan. Butterflypaw is not yet an adult and does not receive a dream from StarClan, so the Clan spends this interim grieving.
Sunnykit is now of apprentice age, but keeps her kit title for now as there's no official leader to apprentice her. She spends her time pestering Birdwatcher. They leave Appledash and Butterflypaw to grieve for their father; Sunnykit and Birdwatcher did not know Duskstar well enough to truly grieve him.

When Butterflypaw next wakes up, he finds himself somewhere he's never seen before. It's almost like his home - a grassy island of tall grass. Yet though the sky is full of stars, the ground is lit like day. His surroundings almost seem to glimmer.

"Butterflypaw." He turned around to find his father standing before him. His pelt shimmered and shined, as though he had swum in a lake of stars. He seemed younger, yet wiser.

"Father!" Butterflypaw ran up to Duskstar. "Where are we? How are you here?"

"We're in StarClan. I came here after I died, and now I have brought you here to receive your new name."

"Oh, yes, father. I'm leader now, aren't I? But...how can I lead without you? How can I live without you?"

"I'll be here, beside you. In StarClan, yet at your side. You may even see me in your dreams. You will be a great leader. You will be brave, fierce, strategic—just what DuskClan needs. You will be called Butterflystar, taking the suffix of many leaders before you, though only the second of our own Clan. Though you have not a warrior name, you will not need it; as young as you are, you are as fit to be a leader as any cat—" he winked at Butterflystar "—and you're in your prime as far as fatherhood goes."

Butterflystar took a moment to process this. "But how will I be a father? Who will be my mate?"

"I hope you will find a wandering she-cat, but if it comes to it...Sunnykit. Don't forget to apprentice her first though!" He ruffled his son's mane with his paw like a little kit. Suddenly his face grew serious. "I'm almost out of time. Listen carefully; I have a warning for you. Another cat will come for you and your family one day. Protect your Clan, and be wary of your surroundings. I wish you StarClan's favor, my son..." the dream faded away as the new leader woke up. The reign of Butterflystar had begun.

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

Leader
Butterflystar - large dark red and beige tom with long fangs

Deputy
Appledash - large red and beige tom with long fangs

Warriors
     Apprentice - Sunnypaw

Apprentices
Sunnypaw - yellow she-cat with smooth skin

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Butterflystar announces Appledash as his deputy, like their father had wished. Sunnykit is also made an apprentice, and is assigned to Birdwatcher, as he seems a good fit. He grumbles as it's announced, but inside he's a little excited as he's taken a shine to her. He also won't have another chance, as by the time she becomes a warrior, he'll be near ready to join StarClan. (he's got 5 days left!! :()

The next couple days are spent peacefully. Appledash hunts rabbils; Butterlystar searches for new Clan members; Birdwatcher teaches Sunnypaw how to dig up roots and collect berries. Sunnypaw is now an adult, but due to her late apprenticeship, she spends an extra day training.

Finally, it's time for Sunnypaw to receive her new name. Butterflystar names her Sunnyroot, in honor of her unique ability to (and love for) digging up roots. Soon after, Sunnyroot approaches her former mentor.

"Hey, Birdwatcher! So, er...I've had this idea. Well, this feeling, really. But I don't really know if you'll like it..."

Birdwatcher is curious. "What is it?"

"Well...er...I, um, I like you. Uh, a lot. Yeah."

"Oh...?" The tom was taken aback. He'd always felt like he had a bit of a crush on Sunnyroot, but he never thought she'd actually ask him to be her mate! He'd thought she wouldn't be interested since he's so much older than her, and he was her mentor. "I...alright."

"...alright?"

He smiled. "Alright, I'll be your mate."

20211001180939_1.thumb.jpg.c432a2ad84e7806834c3133c977ecacf.jpg

Unfortunately, there's no time to waste, as Birdwatcher is in his final days. The next day, a she-kit is born. She is quickly named Acornkit, as her pelt is the same colors as an acorn.

This nicheling is mellow. Their life wish is to have a beautiful kit.

20211001181223_1.thumb.jpg.590badf6cf51221924e5d86cd0f08943.jpg

• Eek! 2

On 10/1/2021 at 7:15 PM, Sky said:

Leader
Butterflystar - large dark red and beige tom with long fangs

Deputy
Appledash - large red and beige tom with long fangs

Warriors
     Apprentice - Sunnypaw

Apprentices
Sunnypaw - yellow she-cat with smooth skin

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Butterflystar announces Appledash as his deputy, like their father had wished. Sunnykit is also made an apprentice, and is assigned to Birdwatcher, as he seems a good fit. He grumbles as it's announced, but inside he's a little excited as he's taken a shine to her. He also won't have another chance, as by the time she becomes a warrior, he'll be near ready to join StarClan. (he's got 5 days left!! :()

The next couple days are spent peacefully. Appledash hunts rabbils; Butterlystar searches for new Clan members; Birdwatcher teaches Sunnypaw how to dig up roots and collect berries. Sunnypaw is now an adult, but due to her late apprenticeship, she spends an extra day training.

Finally, it's time for Sunnypaw to receive her new name. Butterflystar names her Sunnyroot, in honor of her unique ability to (and love for) digging up roots. Soon after, Sunnyroot approaches her former mentor.

"Hey, Birdwatcher! So, er...I've had this idea. Well, this feeling, really. But I don't really know if you'll like it..."

Birdwatcher is curious. "What is it?"

"Well...er...I, um, I like you. Uh, a lot. Yeah."

"Oh...?" The tom was taken aback. He'd always felt like he had a bit of a crush on Sunnyroot, but he never thought she'd actually ask him to be her mate! He'd thought she wouldn't be interested since he's so much older than her, and he was her mentor. "I...alright."

"...alright?"

He smiled. "Alright, I'll be your mate."

20211001180939_1.thumb.jpg.c432a2ad84e7806834c3133c977ecacf.jpg

Unfortunately, there's no time to waste, as Birdwatcher is in his final days. The next day, a she-kit is born. She is quickly named Acornkit, as her pelt is the same colors as an acorn.

This nicheling is mellow. Their life wish is to have a beautiful kit.

20211001181223_1.thumb.jpg.590badf6cf51221924e5d86cd0f08943.jpg

waiitt...does this mean it would be OK for Redfish and Snowpaw to be mates???

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

waiitt...does this mean it would be OK for Redfish and Snowpaw to be mates???

i would say probably not?? an apprentice is a child (unless Snowpaw isn't a teen anymore and just doesnt have her warrior name or smth, relationships between two adults is usually perfectly okay) so really putting them together with any adult is. disturbing in my opinion (im sorry if that came off as rude but it just really rubs me the wrong way)

On 9/10/2021 at 10:30 PM, Sky said:

ok so waaaaay back like almost 3 years ago I made a wc challengeplaythrough thing. and then i abandoned it. and then i guess I made a 2nd version but I can't find it. then there was DuskClan 3 and I abandoned that one too. but then yesterday @Chiyannarevived the thread and made me want to make a DuskClan 3 so HERE WE GOT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

...also I have to go like now so just a quick intro and then it'll be continued tomorrow

20210910211415_1.thumb.jpg.1dda6936058bc4e9a6fa59b11172ca87.jpg

A small kit arrives on an island. He does not know where his parents are, but he's always been a nice independent young man so he decides he's gonna go make his own Clan and be the greatest leader ever. He's sorta self conscious though so hopefully his subjects Clanmates like him.

This nicheling is self-conscious. Their life wish is to become a hunter.

...and that's literally it for now cause i gtg. i'll finish tomorrow!

so here's an idea

if you want all of it to fit together you can use reincarnation to have all of the duskclans be one story

• Like 1