Stray Fawn Community

DuskClan...4?!

Sky

6 hours ago, Katumai said:

i would say probably not?? an apprentice is a child (unless Snowpaw isn't a teen anymore and just doesnt have her warrior name or smth, relationships between two adults is usually perfectly okay) so really putting them together with any adult is. disturbing in my opinion (im sorry if that came off as rude but it just really rubs me the wrong way)

(yes Snowpaw is now an adult. She just is still in training cause she was found only a few moons from being an adult and most apprenteices go through more moons of training. Though storywise I suppose he was attracted to her before she turned adult, but she was close to being an adult. So I don't rlly know how weird it is....)

6 hours ago, Modths are butterflies said:

He's not her mentor, though it's definitely a tricky situation since you said Redfish was interested since she was an apprentice

(yeah I know...maybe I'll just wait a bit and see if we find an older female wanderer for him to be mates with first...)

16 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

waiitt...does this mean it would be OK for Redfish and Snowpaw to be mates???

Once Snowpaw becomes a warrior, I think it's alright. This is Niche after all. I don't usually do this storywise though, but I needed to make sure the Clan didn't die out and I figured this was better than making Sunnyroot mate with one of her brothers. So if you have a problem with not having enough nichelings or needing to pass on one of their genes/lineage with no other available mates or a similar crisis, I think it's completely fine.

• Paw up 1

2 minutes ago, Sky said:

Once Snowpaw becomes a warrior, I think it's alright. This is Niche after all. I don't usually do this storywise though, but I needed to make sure the Clan didn't die out and I figured this was better than making Sunnyroot mate with one of her brothers. So if you have a problem with not having enough nichelings or needing to pass on one of their genes/lineage with no other available mates or a similar crisis, I think it's completely fine.

(Redfish is getting up there and I do need to pass on his genes. But thanks to my longer lifespans he has a ways to go yet. I think I will roll for what exactly attracts him to Snowpaw and if we run into a wanderer like that he will fall in love with them instead. If Snowpaw feels the same way about him once she receives her warrior name they may become mates. Or I can just have him mate with someone he doesn't love, (Shiningsun, Fernstar, or unknown wanderer) for the good of the clan. He is a responsible deputy who follows the warrior code so he would set aside how he feels if he felt it in the best interest of the clan. Though I feel like at this point 'I mated cause Star Clan told me so.' is a trope that you guys aren't too fond of lol.)

• Like 1

Leader
Butterflystar - large dark red and beige tom with long fangs

Deputy
Appledash - large red and beige tom with long fangs

Warriors
Birdwatcher - large red and mossy-brown tom
Sunnyroot - yellow she-cat with smooth skin

Kits
Acornkit - orange-and-black she-cat with smooth skin and violet eyes

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Sunnyroot becomes pregnant again. Sadly, Birdwatcher passes in the night, and will never get to see his second kit.

20211009195557_1.thumb.jpg.96d9a5796e1867bf3386bd9fe6fe60dd.jpg

The next day, Butterflystar returns from his mission with no luck, but in time to make Acornkit an apprentice. She is assigned to Appledash.

Butterflystar also comes with a new idea: "Clan, I believe it is time we move on from this island, to new lands. Our Clan is too small to survive for much longer. We need to find a new home with more resources."

"But this is our home!" Sunnyroot exclaimed. This is where she grew up...where she gave birth to Acornpaw...where her mate died. "We have plenty of time! Why can't we go another day?" She glanced down to her bulging stomach. It was glaringly apparent on on skinny frame. "I'm pregnant. I may be able to delay the birth, but it is still taxing on my body." Acornpaw nodded in agreement.

"That's why we have to move quickly," Butterflystar replied. "If your kit is born here, it will be moons before we can move."

"I agree with Butterflystar." Appledash stepped forward. "It's time we move on. Duskstar told us we had to make sure DuskClan never broke apart. We need a medicine cat, too."

"Alright...." Sunnyroot sighed. "Let's get moving."

The small Clan is a moon into their journey when they come upon a young warrior.

"Hello."

"Hello, young warrior. Might I ask your name?"

"Mumblejaw."

"And where are you from?"

Mumblejaw nodded his head back towards the rest of the island. "Here."

Butterflystar was exasperated by the tom's lack of useful words, but accepted it. "Are you part of a Clan, Mumblejaw?"

"Not anymore."

"....Why?"

Mumblejaw shrugged. "Clan broke up."

Butterflystar sighed. He wasn't going to get much out of him. "Well, would you like to join us?"

"Sure."

This nicheling is restrained. Their life wish is to explore the Unknown.

20211009201516_1.thumb.jpg.44718d157147de5cd0101415cae1fca3.jpg

Still on their journey to the Way-Stones, Acornpaw finishes her training. Butterflystar names her Acornpelt, as her pelt is, of course, like an acorn. 

The Clan soon finds their way to the Way-Stones and travels to their new home.

20211009202217_1.thumb.jpg.0f015e9125a4fde070ab10478c52b9bd.jpg

Mumblejaw quickly finds an old nest for Sunnyroot. The she-cat is glad to finally rest and meet her second kit.

With her family gathered around her, Sunnyroot gives birth to a beautiful she-kit she aptly names Streamkit, as the nest is directly beside a bubbling stream.

This nicheling is enigmatic. They are deaf. Their life wish is to have lots of children.

20211009202430_1.thumb.jpg.9fa05738af0ef5bd6cf81c89274bb3a0.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

a few notes:

-in my Niche canon, Nichelings are a species that can put their pregnancy "on hold", essentially pausing it until they are ready to continue it. (I believe polar bears can do this, amongst other species.) This is still taxing on their body like a normal pregnancy, but they are able to give birth at will. (Sometimes the pregnancy can unwillingly pause itself, causing an unexpected birth, possibly in an odd place.) This of course includes the "cats" of DuskClan.

-When the Clan is ready to move to a new island, StarClan guides their way. I imagine Duskstar guided his family to the Way-Stones, sad to see them leave their home, but happy to see his Clan making choices for the good of their Clan.

-Any wandering nicheling found will be added to the family tree as an adopted child of the current leader (no matter the age), as leaders typically consider the Clan as their family (whether biological or not). Plus I just want to have everybody on the tree, lol. (There may be exceptions to this - for example, if a wanderer joins and becomes mates with another former-wanderer, I may just put them as a mate instead of adopted kid because then the tree will glitch out unnecessarily because "INCEST!!!"

-Please feel free to give name suggestions! Some examples include: a prefix/set of prefixes or a suffix/set of suffixes for any cat in the Clan (or any cat that the word could apply to in a meaningful way); a prefix/set of prefixes or a suffix/set of suffixes for the kits of a particular mating pair; or a suffix/set of suffixes for a particular cat who has been born (and thus has a prefix) but has not yet received their warrior name.

-You can also make suggestions for personality ideas for a cat, or ideas/thoughts on what could happen next, or perhaps a pair of cats you think could become a couple, or a cat that should be appointed deputy. All ideas are welcome!!!

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

Leader
Butterflystar - large dark red and beige tom with long fangs (Son of Duskstar and Cherrydust)

Deputy
Appledash - large red and beige tom with long fangs (Son of Duskstar and Cherrydust)

Warriors
Sunnyroot - yellow she-cat with smooth skin (Daughter of Duskstar and Cherrydust)
Mumblejaw - large moss-colored tom
Acornpelt - orange and black she-cat with smooth skin and violet eyes (Daughter of Sunnyroot and Birdwatcher)

Kits
Streamkit - brown and white deaf she-cat with smooth skin and violet eyes (Daughter of Sunnyroot and Birdwatcher)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Butterflystar and his deputy go in search of new members. Sunnyroot and the other warriors stay behind to watch over Streamkit. Oddly, she does not seem to respond to their words. Sunnyroot notices Acornpelt grooming Mumblejaw, and becomes slightly suspicious.

A few days later, Appledash walks into camp. "Butterflystar is no more," he states gruffly.

"WHAT?!" Sunnyroot exclaims. Streamkit, now of apprenticeship age, glances at each cat bewilderingly. The Clan, since her birth, has discovered that she is deaf. It's hard to communicate with her, but they manage.

"He...is no more." He glances down to his paws. The other warriors glance at his paws too to find that they are stained with blood.

Acornpelt gasps. "YOU KILLED HIM!" Her normally mellow nature seems to shatter for a moment as rage breaks through.

Appledash is silent. He refuses to exonerate himself, nor confess to guilt. The Clan decides to keep him prisoner and assume his guilt, unless proven otherwise.

The Clan, now deficit of all leadership, decides to spend a moon or two in grieving for Butterflystar, as well as the loss of a friend in Appledash. Poor Streamkit is not yet an apprentice, despite being of age.

Streamkit finds herself in a place much like her home, yet far from it. It is plentiful with food as well as stars in the sky. Before her are two figures: Butterflystar, and an orange tom similar in appearance.

"Hello." Streamkit is startled; she has never heard sound before. Yet, at the same time, it feels natural, and she knows what Butterflystar means, and even how to speak herself. "I'm Butterflystar, as you know. And this is my father, the founder of our Clan, Duskstar." He nodded to the orange tom, who smiled kindly.

"Where am I?" Her words felt odd, yet she knew their meaning.

"StarClan. This is where cats go when they die."

"StarClan?" Her eyes widened. "Is my father here?"

"In StarClan, yes, but here, no. We have a message for you." He nodded to Duskstar to continue.

"Your—Our—Clan has no leader; no deputy; and, as it has always been, no medicine cat. But these times have come to an end. You, Streamkit—Streampaw— will be the first medicine cat of DuskClan. I will train you in your dreams." Streamkit—or Streampaw, as she was now—felt terrified. It was like she had a rabbil in her stomach, kicking around. But she held her feet firm, and accepted her tasks. "Our Clan needs a leader and a deputy, too. Acornpelt will be leader. Tell your Clan in the morning. They will accept her leadership. Mumblejaw is the obvious choice for deputy, so I trust Acornpelt will choose him without needing our guidance."

Duskstar smiled. "I will see you soon, Streampaw." Butterflystar smiled too, and the figures and StarClan fade away to morning.

Streampaw, with the help of StarClan, is able to make known the new roles. Acornpelt is given her title of Acornstar that night in her dreams. Mumblejaw is announced deputy. The two share...odd looks, but nobody seems to notice. Mumblejaw and Sunnyroot watch over the prisoner, Appledash.

Moons pass. Appledash, still with no verdict for himself, dies of old age. Streampaw becomes a full medicine cat, with the name of Streamglimmer. (The new name is told to Acornstar in a dream, since Streamglimmer cannot speak it herself.) A skeleton is found, but it reeks of disease, and the Clan presumes the nicheling had died of sickness.

Acornstar and Mumblejaw announce that they will be having a kit. Sunnyroot is not surprised, as she had seen the looks and gestures they had been giving eachother. She herself is growing old, and is glad she will have the chance to see her grandchild(ren). Streamglimmer stays close to Acornstar's nest, in case of needed assistance.

Acornstar gives birth to a beautiful baby girl, Crystalkit.

This nicheling is sly. Their life wish is to become a hunter.

20211010162359_1.thumb.jpg.0c21d27f599bffecd06dde52e0c117eb.jpg

• Eek! 2

(APPLEDASH KILLED AN IMPORTANT NICHELING....but why did he? did he and his brother get into an argument? I don't think he did it for power...because he didn't make up a lie or even try to defend himself...hmmmm

The clan goes on. Though I believe the only cat who had any children out of Duskstar's 3 was Sunnyroot which makes me sad tbh and is partly why the clan is still so small

At least they got a med cat, yay!)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

(APPLEDASH KILLED AN IMPORTANT NICHELING....but why did he? did he and his brother get into an argument? I don't think he did it for power...because he didn't make up a lie or even try to defend himself...hmmmm

The clan goes on. Though I believe the only cat who had any children out of Duskstar's 3 was Sunnyroot which makes me sad tbh and is partly why the clan is still so small

At least they got a med cat, yay!)

I meant to have Streamglimmer see what happened but forgot. Main reason was that I panicked because I'd done nothing about getting him to fulfill his wish xD But the explanation I have is that he saw how great being a leader was, regretted his decision as a young cat to give up his title, and in sudden envy he killed his brother.

• Paw up 1

Leader
Acornstar - orange and black she-cat with smooth skin and violet eyes (Daughter of Sunnyroot and Birdwatcher)

Deputy
Mumblejaw - large moss-colored tom

Medicine Cat
Streamglimmer - brown and white deaf she-cat with smooth skin and violet eyes (Daughter of Sunnyroot and Birdwatcher)

Warriors
Sunnyroot - yellow she-cat with smooth skin (Daughter of Duskstar and Cherrydust)

Kits
Crystalkit - large red-brown she-cat with brilliant blue eyes (Daughter of Acornstar and Mumblejaw)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Acornstar and Mumblejaw announce they are having another kit, due to their increasing age. (Both are reaching the ends of their days, as well as Sunnyroot. Streamglimmer is the only young adult, having been an apprentice only a few moons ago.) The she-cat gives birth to another she-kit, Squirmkit.

This nicheling is misguided. Their life wish is to defend their tribe.

20211011174221_1.thumb.jpg.a7cfbb490d9f91a5cb4deea1be7ed9b4.jpg

Crystalkit becomes an apprentice, assigned to Mumblejaw.

Sunnyroot dies of old age. Streamglimmer is right by her side when the time comes. The young she-cat had left her odd hobby of collecting seaweed to join her mother, which was a huge compliment.

Squirmkit becomes an apprentice, assigned to Acornstar. Aptly named, she squirms around when her mother/mentor tries to teach her hunting. She always wants to learn battle moves and is quick to run off to find trouble with her sister, who prefers hunting over battling, but is always successful with her lies.  Though Crystalpaw gets into more trouble than Squirmpaw, the younger sister always ends up with the blame.

Streamglimmer, while out seaweed-gathering, decides to swim across the stream and explore. In her absence, Acornstar becomes pregnant yet again.

Acornstar gives birth to a handsome tom-kit, Chirpkit. She considers him her most beautiful child, and decides he will be her last. This choice is without contest from her mate, as Mumblejaw is on his last legs now.

This nicheling is paternal. They freak out at the smallest of things. Their life wish is to fall in love.

20211011180054_1.thumb.jpg.fa78d5e9099dfbb920906e501edfe8cb.jpg

Crystalpaw is made a warrior and given the name of Crystalgaze, due to her beautiful eyes. With not a moment to lose, she dashes into the Unknown, determined to find a mate. Acornstar gives all the attention to her newest kit, due to his handsomeness. Though Crystalgaze knows she will never be beautiful enough to get that attention too, she hopes she can find a mate and have a beautiful kit too to prove her worth. Her chance will be gone before long, though, due to Acornstar's age.

Mumblejaw dies of old age. Acornstar is overwhelmed by grief. She no longer has a deputy, not to mention a mate. Due to Crystalgaze's absence, there is no viable warrior for deputyship. The grief-stricken she-cat is forced to wait another moon in the hope that Crystalgaze will come back; otherwise, her little sister will become deputy as soon as she becomes a warrior.

Squirmpaw becomes Squirmscratch, after her eagerness to fight. She is given the new apprentice Chirppaw.

Crystalgaze, who had stayed close unknown to her Clan, screams just beyond the high grass. The Clan (save for Streamglimmer, who is still beyond the stream) runs to help her. Together they defeat the bearyena who attacked her. Crystalgaze is left injured and bleeding, in need of DuskClan's absent medicine cat.

Chirppaw is sent to find Streamglimmer. Luckily, she had already been on her way back, and is quickly found. By the time the two make it back, Crystalgaze has not only bled out quite a bit, leaving her very weak, but their leader, Acornstar, has died of old age.

Squirmscratch is made leader sooner than the Clan had thought—Acornstar did well at hiding her age. Her first act of leadership is, of course, to name her deputy—the only choice being the healing Crystalgaze. Her second act is making Chirppaw a warrior. He is given the name Chirplark, since...well, larks chirp, do they not? Squirmstar is not the best at naming.

The Clan moves north, on Streamglimmer's instinct. The Clan stops to rest for a moon at a cluster of nests. Streamglimmer wanders off to find supplies to heal Crystalgaze.

When Streamglimmer returns, the Clan is shocked to see her not only in tears, but pregnant! She runs to Squirmstar for comfort, but finds none; Squirmstar is no fan of overemotional-ness, nor of medicine cats being pregnant. Crystalgaze is too weak to do much other than sleep at the time, and Chirplark had explored ahead. Poor Streamglimmer is left alone, pregnant, and confused.

Crystalgaze recovers, but is left permanently weak. She is unable to hunt or battle.

Chirplarks discovers a young male, Shell. He is accepted into the Clan as Shellpaw, apprentice of Chirplark.

This nicheling is soft. Their life wish is to gather berries.
20211011185017_1.thumb.jpg.41e95ec0dd94907076e8a7e649bd6e59.jpg

Streamglimmer gives birth, but the kit is born severely deformed and dies not long after. The she-cat, though she never meant to have a kit, names him Acornkit, in honor of her sister. She seriously considers killing herself, as this whole experience of pregnancy, shunning by her leader, childbirth and the loss of a kit in such a small space of time makes her very depressed. (Even more, she had always wanted children, but had pushed away the wish when she became a medicine cat. She had almost inadvertently fulfilled her wish, yet it was taken away...) Thankfully, she soon sees a familiar sight. Her mother, Acornstar, visits her in StarClan-form and assures her she will be alright. She will soon receive an apprentice, and she must stay strong so she can train them.

Shellpaw finds two healing plants, side by side. As Streamglimmer walks beside him to marvel at the sight, he realizes he'd much rather be a medicine cat than a warrior. Chirplark is surprised by his decision, but gladly hands over his mentorship when he sees how sad Streamglimmer seems.

• Eek! 1

• 2 weeks later...

Leader
Squirmstar - large red-brown she-cat with brown eyes (daughter of Acornstar and Mumblejaw)

Deputy
Crystalgaze - large red-brown she-cat with brilliant blue eyes (daughter of Acornstar and Mumblejaw)

Medicine Cat
Streamglimmer - brown and white deaf she-cat with smooth skin and violet eyes (daughter of Sunnyroot and Birdwatcher)
     APPRENTICE - Shellpaw

Warriors
Chirplark - brown tom with warm brown eyes (son of Acornstar and Mumblejaw)

Apprentices
Shellpaw - brown tom with stark black eyes

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(Screenshot of Shellpaw becoming a medicine cat apprentice beside the healing plants:)

20211025134219_1.thumb.jpg.6d58f0dc3da86ca79fdcbc54ba2d6edb.jpg

Crystalgaze gets a light case of greencough. She is sent to Streamglimmer and Shellpaw for healing. (She receives a healing buff from Streamglimmer as well as 2 days healed from the healing fruits. This is calculated using my adjusted rules, which I will post once I'm finished.) Despite her sickness, she is still able to hunt and fight.

Crystalgaze gets a leech, but Streamglimmer plucks it off before it can do any damage. Shellpaw completes his training, and is given the full name of Shellwhisper.

Unfortunately, Shellwhisper does not get to work as an equal with his former mentor for long. Streamglimmer passes peacefully in the night from old age.

The Clan finally reaches the Way-Stones. The time has come to move to new lands for the second time in DuskClan's history!

20211025170714_1.thumb.jpg.a9234e1cce7e5c899bae38a0af6124e4.jpg

• Eek! 2

Sorry for the short post. Now that they're moving, I'm doing what Chiyanna did and remaking them in Sandbox so I can lengthen their lifespans since every post has a new set of cats lol. I wanted to do this last time they moved but Sunnyroot was pregnant and I couldn't remake that in sandbox obviously

• Paw up 1

1 minute ago, Chiyanna said:

(also since u do want to use a modified WCs ultimate challenge could you help me to make some random generators for the events listed in the challenge? Or have u already made them?)

Right now I'm just using random.org with number 1-100. Each event has some set number range that the number has to land in for it to occur. For example, each day I roll 1-100. 1-40 is nothing special; 1-10: StarClan prophecy; 11-25: Greencough; 26-40: normal event. I haven't gotten any prophecies or normal events through this yet so I don't have my own rules for them, but since Crystalgaze rolled to get greencough, I made my own modified rules just for greencough. If you'd like I can send you the link to my google doc so you can use my rules even though they're not finished (once they're finished I'll release them publicly) :)

anyways if you tell me what exactly you'd like in the generator(s) I can make it for you if you want < 3

• Paw up 1

new settings! ages were calculated to be about the same ratio as before. also blind gene mode because I don't want to breed them based on genes, but just through story reasons. obviously we know the genes of these 4 but we wont for other cats

edit: i changed the lifespans and ages >>>

20211025205408_1.thumb.jpg.888fb5ee86139756ce7a04df718f7c0f.jpg20211025205413_1.thumb.jpg.71f13f7caf79c48e8d241821da4e41a7.jpg20211025205419_1.thumb.jpg.b4fe141294b8bd0ff2dca7eb2a529676.jpg

also a download for anyone who wants it (updated):

DuskClan.sandbox

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

I would like there to be a random generater for each of the lists of events on here to actually make it doable (like instead of rolling 1-100 and then going down the super long list to see what it means, the end user would only need to roll for which generator, press randomize, and obey the instructions that came up). This will be a large task for you so you don't have to accept or do all of them. I may help if I figure out how to use perchance and have time to do so. 

If an event is more likely than the others simply make multiple different options for the random generator to choose from saying that event so it has more chances of being chosen (if that makes sense and is possible).

The lists to be made into generators:

(stars mean I would like this for my playthrough more than the others)

Dark Forest Events *

Star Clan Prophecies *

Events **

Births (not rlly neccesary)

• Paw up 1

5 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

I would like there to be a random generater for each of the lists of events on here to actually make it doable (like instead of rolling 1-100 and then going down the super long list to see what it means, the end user would only need to roll for which generator, press randomize, and obey the instructions that came up). This will be a large task for you so you don't have to accept or do all of them. I may help if I figure out how to use perchance and have time to do so. 

If an event is more likely than the others simply make multiple different options for the random generator to choose from saying that event so it has more chances of being chosen (if that makes sense and is possible).

The lists to be made into generators:

(stars mean I would like this for my playthrough more than the others)

Dark Forest Events *

Star Clan Prophecies *

Events **

Births (not rlly neccesary)

I found a way to put all 4 generators into one :D I did the births first because it was simplest while I learned how to do it this way. That's the only part finished so far but I'll work on the rest later! After I finish yours I might make one of my own version 👀👀 

https://perchance.org/wcc3-orig

• Eek! 1

31 minutes ago, Sky said:

I found a way to put all 4 generators into one :D I did the births first because it was simplest while I learned how to do it this way. That's the only part finished so far but I'll work on the rest later! After I finish yours I might make one of my own version 👀👀 

https://perchance.org/wcc3-orig

Nice! I didn't know that could be done! Thank you so much for helping on this! It will help alot in my playthrough and I hope others will use it too. Maybe put it in the old WC name generator thread or make it's own thread once it's done?

Also it looks like a work in progress, lol. I love all the warning messages. Is the birth generator completely working? All I can get is a healthy birth (though i guess that's a good thing it points to the other options not existing/working yet). 

• Like 1