Stray Fawn Community

DuskClan...4?!

Sky

14 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

Nice! I didn't know that could be done! Thank you so much for helping on this! It will help alot in my playthrough and I hope others will use it too. Maybe put it in the old WC name generator thread or make it's own thread once it's done?

Also it looks like a work in progress, lol. I love all the warning messages. Is the birth generator completely working? All I can get is a healthy birth (though i guess that's a good thing it points to the other options not existing/working yet). 

I didn't know either until I found a warrior cat name generator with this feature while working on DuskClan 3 a couple days ago! It took a while to figure out how it worked but I got it now :D

(I just realized a problem with the birth thing, should be fixed now.)

• Eek! 1

35 minutes ago, Sky said:

I didn't know either until I found a warrior cat name generator with this feature while working on DuskClan 3 a couple days ago! It took a while to figure out how it worked but I got it now :D

(I just realized a problem with the birth thing, should be fixed now.)

Added prophecies and events, I'm taking a break now, I may do the DF today or tomorrow.

• Paw up 1

Leader
Squirmstar - large red-brown she-cat with brown eyes (daughter of Acornstar and Mumblejaw)

Deputy
Crystalgaze - large red-brown she-cat with brilliant blue eyes (daughter of Acornstar and Mumblejaw)

Medicine Cat
Shellwhisper - brown tom with stark black eyes

Warriors
Chirplark - brown tom with warm brown eyes (son of Acornstar and Mumblejaw)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Clan arrives on their new island: a Tiny Green, much like the one Duskstar and Cherrydust had their 3 children upon. However, DuskClan will not stay here for long; Sheelwhisper interprets StarClan's wishes and tells his leader that they must keep heading north.

Chirplark discovers an elder female.

This nicheling is adventurous. They don't talk very much. Their life wish is to have no children.
20211027155656_1.thumb.jpg.aa9b4ed53bfc7f9690311e9102e53bb0.jpg

The female introduces herself as Dandelion. While she doesn't have much time left here, she joins the Clan so she might see another land before she dies.

Crystalgaze decides to retire into elderhood. (She is the same age as Dandelion.) Chirplark becomes her successor without another choice. He leads them to a new island.

The island is bigger than any of the cats has ever seen. They are happy to hear from Shellwhisper that this is where StarClan wishes them to stay.

20211027160420_1.thumb.jpg.915fe7ee090a855dcd490017e2d67f55.jpg

Chirplark catches a light case of greencough. (It will last 4 moons.) He helps Shellwhisper find two healing plants.

(everyone's dying at this point so I used increasespawn playeranimal twice lol)

Crystalgaze finds a blind young she-cat. Crystalgaze is not impressed by the stranger's overly high self-esteem, but lets her join the Clan. She refuses to give her former name, so she is renamed Vinewish.

This nicheling is pretentious. Their life wish is to becomes mates with an important nicheling.

20211027161901_1.thumb.jpg.be1bf5b0d1ffbdcd1755aad838992c2d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Eek! 2

15 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

(no it's fine lol we just thought it was an error! What would u do if u got it tho? Obey it or roll again?)

It just means everyone lives I just made a weird joke by saying that it's sad (because obviously you want your nichelings to die right? /j)

• Paw up 1

• 1 month later...

Leader
Squirmstar - large red-brown she-cat with brown eyes (daughter of Acornstar and Mumblejaw)

Deputy
Chirplark - brown tom with warm brown eyes (son of Acornstar and Mumblejaw)

Medicine Cat

Warriors
Vinewish - yellow she-cat who is blind

Elders
Dandelion - yellow former rogue she-cat with a disfigured face and black eyes
Crystalgaze - large red-brown she-cat with brilliant blue eyes, retired from deputyship (daughter of Acornstar and Mumblejaw)

(it's been a while so please forgive me if the characters seem different)

A few moons pass. Chirplark and Vinewish pass by but never speak. Chirplark takes little notice of the female, but she is entranced by him. She listens to his conversations with others, and knows him by his footsteps. She loves the way he gets freaked out about everything (he nearly fainted when Shellwhisper taught him about the effects of toxic berries!), how much he wishes for a family...and not to mention that he just so happens to be deputy. One day she hears him nearby, gathering grass from the Unknown.

"Hey, Chirplark!", Vinewish greeted him. "I heard you're looking for a mate."

"Uh, well, yeah..." He blushed. "I didn't know that everyone knew that though. I don't really have that much hope though."

"Why not?"

"Because, uh...there's not really any eligible females around, is there? Just my sisters and Dandelion." He wrinkled his face, as though the idea of being mates with wrinkly old Dandelion (who would be too old anyways).

Vinewish giggled. "Well, there's me, isn't there? I could be your mate, even if it's just for the kits."

Chirplark gasped softly. "I never thought about that...I mean, I'm not really in love with you or anything, but if you really mean it—"

"Of course!" Vinewish smiled. All according to plan. "Mates, then."

"Mates!"

The pair is soon expecting, just as Dandelion and Crystalgaze leave for StarClan. Squirmstar will not be far behind them, but she won't be missed quite as much—she's always been too apathetic for Chirplark and Shellwhisper's liking.

Little Pearkit is born with no complications.

This nicheling is timid. They have a crush on one of their Clanmates. Their life wish is to destroy bushes.

20211221201840_1.thumb.jpg.81d332f0a8400a845713b668a51652b2.jpg

Chirplark is overjoyed that he has a son. Vinewish doesn't seem to really care - she lets Pearkit suckle but lets her mate do all of the socializing. However, she very much enjoys the extra attention: Chirplark talks to her, and even becomes a little affectionate; Shellwhisper fusses over her and the kit, making sure everything is alright; and Squirmstar even pays a little attention to her.

Vinewish becomes pregnant again. Squirmstar goes out on a exploring mission, but her skeleton is found the next day. Chirplark takes on the responsibilities of leader and names himself Chirpstar. His son is named Pearpaw, assigned to Chirpstar himself, that same day. Before sunset, Vinewish is named deputy, due to no oher choice. She is delighted but not surprised.

That night, Chirpstar has a dream. He finds himself in a place not like where he closed his eyes, save for the stars among everything. Three figures stand before him.

The middle steps forward from the shadows. Chirpstar instantly recognizes her as his mother, Acornstar. "Chirplark...or shall I say, Chirpstar." The astonished tom respectfully nods. "We, StarClan, have decided on a new tradition. When a leader dies and their deputy is to become leader after them, we, StarClan, will give them their new name ourselves. Not only that, but we will give you 2 new lives in addition to your own; 3 full lives to protect your Clan. Any time you die, you will find yourself in StarClan. However, you will not stay. You will be sent back to your Clan in their time of need. Once you use your 3 lives, you will find us permanently."

"Wow," said Chirpstar. He hadn't expected this.

"I give you your first life; the one you lead now. May you be kind to your family - blood or not." Acornstar touched her nose to his, and a warm, fuzzy feeling gushed through him. His mother stepped back, and another figure came to the light. It was Streamglimmer, his aunt.

"I give you your second life, that you may have the courage when times are tough." Chirpstar was shocked for a moment that she could speak, but as she touched her nose with his, a feeling of understanding and strength came into him, and he did not question her.

A third figure came forward. It was an orange striped tom. "I am Duskstar, founder of DuskClan. You do not know me, but I have watched you, as I have every cat before you. I give you your third and final life, that you may make the right choices when your Clan is at stake." This time the feeling was in his head, like his brain was becoming stronger.

The three cats chanted his new name, Chirpstar. The dream slowly faded away into pure sleep.

• Love 1

Family Tree || Rules

Leader
Chirpstar - brown tom with warm brown eyes (son of Acornstar and Mumblejaw)

Deputy

Medicine Cat

Apprentices

Pearpaw - yellow tom with beige spots and a long snout (son of Chirpstar and Vinewish)

Vinewish gives birth to little Daisykit. Sadly, both of her front paws are deformed, but otherwise she is as healthy as can be.

This nicheling is mannered. Their life wish is to kill an important nicheling.

20211221214414_1.thumb.jpg.1b155847b14fbdc75ae27bd041ccd61c.jpg

However, that morning Shellwhisper wakes up in a panic. "StarClan gave me a prophecy!," he shouted.

"A prophecy?!" exclaimed Chirpstar. Vinewish sat in her nest with Daisykit, bewildered, while Pearpaw sat in shock. "DuskClan has never received one!"

"I know. Streamglimmer - through StarClan - warned me it was a possibility, but I never expected it."

Vinewish sat up. "What did they say, and who said it?"

"It was Acornstar. She said, 'The Unknown is coming. Beware the brown.' Then she was gone and I woke up, before I could ask her what it meant."

"What does it mean?" cried Pearpaw.

Vinewish suddenly jerked out of her nest. "It's Daisykit! Acornstar said 'beware the brown' - just look at her coat!" The Clan looked to the kitten, and sure enough, her coat was a mossy brown, just as it was before.

"Well...I'm brown too. So is Chirpstar," replied Shellwhisper.

"But the prophecy came today, just after she was born. Surely that is no coincidence." Vinewish distanced herself further from her daughter.

Chirplark pondered for a few moments. "I can't think of another reason for the prophecy. I don't know if StarClan really means this little kit could harm us, but..." He thought of Dusktar's words: "...that you may make the right choices when your Clan is at stake." 

Chirpstar looked at his Clanmates. "We will put it to a vote. All those who believe Daisykit is the subject of the prophecy, step forward."

Chirpstar stepped forward, quickly followed by Vinewish, then Shellwhisper. Chirpstar looked to his medicine cat questioningly. "I know it's a kit, but it can't be a coincidence," the tom responded. Chirpstar nodded.

"Pearpaw, come on, step up," coaxed Vinewish to her son.

"I don't want to," he stated defiantly, unlike his usual timid self. "She's just a pretty little kit. She can't hurt anyone."

Shellwhisper brushed the young tom with his tail comfortingly. "We know, young one. But it is what she will grow into that we worry of." Pearpaw hung his head.

"It is decided then," said Chirpstar. "We will move north, and leave the kit behind us. StarClan will do with her what they wish."

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Snowy Sky said:

Family Tree || Rules

Leader

Deputy

Medicine Cat

Apprentices

Pearpaw - yellow tom with beige spots and a long snout (son of Chirpstar and Vinewish)

Vinewish gives birth to little Daisykit. Sadly, both of her front paws are deformed, but otherwise she is as healthy as can be.

This nicheling is mannered. Their life wish is to kill an important nicheling.

20211221214414_1.thumb.jpg.1b155847b14fbdc75ae27bd041ccd61c.jpg

However, that morning Shellwhisper wakes up in a panic. "StarClan gave me a prophecy!," he shouted.

"A prophecy?!" exclaimed Chirpstar. Vinewish sat in her nest with Daisykit, bewildered, while Pearpaw sat in shock. "DuskClan has never received one!"

"I know. Streamglimmer - through StarClan - warned me it was a possibility, but I never expected it."

Vinewish sat up. "What did they say, and who said it?"

"It was Acornstar. She said, 'The Unknown is coming. Beware the brown.' Then she was gone and I woke up, before I could ask her what it meant."

"What does it mean?" cried Pearpaw.

Vinewish suddenly jerked out of her nest. "It's Daisykit! Acornstar said 'beware the brown' - just look at her coat!" The Clan looked to the kitten, and sure enough, her coat was a mossy brown, just as it was before.

"Well...I'm brown too. So is Chirpstar," replied Shellwhisper.

"But the prophecy came today, just after she was born. Surely that is no coincidence." Vinewish distanced herself further from her daughter.

Chirplark pondered for a few moments. "I can't think of another reason for the prophecy. I don't know if StarClan really means this little kit could harm us, but..." He thought of Dusktar's words: "...that you may make the right choices when your Clan is at stake." 

Chirpstar looked at his Clanmates. "We will put it to a vote. All those who believe Daisykit is the subject of the prophecy, step forward."

Chirpstar stepped forward, quickly followed by Vinewish, then Shellwhisper. Chirpstar looked to his medicine cat questioningly. "I know it's a kit, but it can't be a coincidence," the tom responded. Chirpstar nodded.

"Pearpaw, come on, step up," coaxed Vinewish to her son.

"I don't want to," he stated defiantly, unlike his usual timid self. "She's just a pretty little kit. She can't hurt anyone."

Shellwhisper brushed the young tom with his tail comfortingly. "We know, young one. But it is what she will grow into that we worry of." Pearpaw hung his head.

"It is decided then," said Chirpstar. "We will move north, and leave the kit behind us. StarClan will do with her what they wish."

(poor kit! Her personality does say she wishes to kill an important nicheling... but maybe she really will take revenge now that she's been abandoned! Self-fufilling prophecy?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiyanna said:

(poor kit! Her personality does say she wishes to kill an important nicheling... but maybe she really will take revenge now that she's been abandoned! Self-fufilling prophecy?

it's really all coming together...the original wc challenge gave me a prophecy about the brown thing so I rewrote it...then I realized Daisykit had brown fur, then I remembered her life wish and I knew what had to happen xD

• Paw up 1

Family Tree || Rules

Leader

Deputy

Medicine Cat

Apprentices

Shellwhisper hears a young kit in the grass and goes after him, only to discover a bearyena! By this time the rest of the Clan was asleep, and the medicine cat was too tired to try to attack.

20211222112133_1.thumb.jpg.eeec3747cd7a458c9dc787e69fe233f6.jpg

The bearyena attacks poor Shellwhisper. The kit - now of apprentice age - helps him get away as Pearpaw rushes to defend him. The Clan has not had the time to move North yet, so Daisykit is still around, protected by the brave apprentice. Chirpstar, due to a lack of physical strength, stays back to protect his yet-again-pregnant mate.

Meanwhile, the young cat introduces himself as Hare. He tells Shellwhisper of how he's been watching him, and would like to become his apprentice. The young cat is a natural in helping Shellwhisper to lick his wounds. The medicine cat is grateful for the help and names him Harepaw, medicine cat apprentice.

This nicheling is determined. They over-explain things. Their life wish is to defend their tribe.

20211222113119_1.thumb.jpg.fb5e8482fce782b88107a8be8e98153a.jpg

Pearpaw fights the bearyena. It gets a hit in first, but Pearpaw manages to land one of his own, though it is a weak hit. The bearyena hits him again the next morning, and Pearpaw flees. Daisykit, now old enough to run, flees the Clan without another word - she's heard enough abusive words from Vinewish.

Pearpaw, heavily injured, and Shellwhisper, not far from death, are treated by Harepaw. (Shellwhisper helps him, even in his weak state.) Vinewish has another son, Fearkit, without a medicine cat's help, but has no complications. Swamp bugs surround the Clan.

This nicheling is selfless. They don't like kits. Their life wish is to defend their tribe.

20211222113920_1.thumb.jpg.202e1028feae50c858be115338f9a3c9.jpg

Chirpstar is now on his last day. He pummels the bearyena, but it is of no use; its hide is too strong. Pearpaw, covered in healing herbs, rushes to attack again, despite his caretakers' urging. He lands one hit, missing another.

Chirpstar loses his last life to the bearyena as Pearpaw wars on. Vinewish is terrified, but keeps her little son close to her bulging belly.

The bearyena miraculously runs away (after Daisykit, though the Clan does not know). Vinewish receives her 3 lives and her new name, Vinestar. Pearpaw receives his warrior name of Pearbrave, and is assigned Fearpaw as his apprentice. He is also named deputy. Vinestar births her final child, a daughter named Larkkit, after her father. The Clan holds a vigil that night in honor of their fallen leader.

This nicheling is forgetful. They have a crush on one of their Clanmates. Their life wish is to to become Deputy/Leader.

20211222115139_1.thumb.jpg.e26c88b9ebebcbbb3c9c87b13809ca9f.jpg

Vinestar is a changed cat. Having seen the horrors of battle and death, she feels more empathy towards her Clanmates, and love towards her children. The Clan praises StarClan xD

Unbeknownst to the Clan, Daisykit lives on. She has renamed herself Fierce, and has even killed the bearyena that terrorized DuskClan.

A young she-cat is invited into the Clan. She is named Dapplepaw and apprenticed to Vinestar.

This nicheling is caring. They do a lot of idiotic things. Their life wish is to dig up roots.

20211222120056_1.thumb.jpg.24e3e6af52b64611d09a3a1ffa791495.jpg

WHEW that was a lot!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

wooo big family tree!! (warriors without parents are assigned as adopted kids of their leaders, and medicine cats assigned to their mentors)

image.png.9fe75024bc8665e0b39b56196bef20ea.png

I'm sad now because I realized that in all the families, only one of the kids continued the tree :( Sunnyroot, Acornstar, Chirpstar...hopefully things will change now since there's more former wanderers and more family bloodline kids too.

• Paw up 1

8 hours ago, Snowy Sky said:

wooo big family tree!! (warriors without parents are assigned as adopted kids of their leaders, and medicine cats assigned to their mentors)

image.png.9fe75024bc8665e0b39b56196bef20ea.png

I'm sad now because I realized that in all the families, only one of the kids continued the tree :( Sunnyroot, Acornstar, Chirpstar...hopefully things will change now since there's more former wanderers and more family bloodline kids too.

Yeah that is kinda sad. In my playthroughs I kinda have everyone possible have kits so I always have population explosions and then havw trouble with food for a while lol. But eventually the food trouble subsides as there's so many nichelins to collect it. That is if they don't all die first.

So I can't really relate to the problem of two few nichelings. Though on my storymode playthrough I did get lucky with wanderers and bred every one I found. Also I didn't shy away from breeding siblings as long as immunities were compatible. I will still breed siblings if it makes the most strategic/story sense even with over 100 nichelings (and it often does on the archipelago where it's hard to move nichelings to other parts without drowning them). I'm rambling again.

I do hope you'll have better luck with population expansion and preserving bloodlines now.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Family Tree || Rules

Leader
Vinestar - yellow molly who is blind

Deputy
Pearbrave - yellow tom with beige spots and a long snout (son of Chirpstar and Vinestar)
     APPRENTICE - Fearpaw

Medicine Cat
    APPRENTICE - Harepaw

Apprentices

Harepaw - red tom with bright blue eyes with a disfigured face
Dappledpaw - red and mossy-brown molly with a disfigured face
Fearpaw - red and beige tom with brown eyes (son of Chirpstar and Vinestar)

Kits

Larkkit - red molly with brown eyes (daughter of Chirpstar and Vinestar)

Outside the Clan

Fierce - yellow-brown apprentice-age molly with lighter spots and two deformed paws (daughter of Chirpstar and Vinestar)

(I haven't played Niche since...well, probably the last time this was updated. Today I remembered this and decided to continue since it was really fun. maybe it'll get me back into Niche a bit again :) anyways please forgive me as I try and remember what the heck was going on, who these nichelings are, and how they're supposed to act! (as well as what all my rules were and how they work lol)

Harepaw and Dappledpaw become adults, but due to Harepaw's rank as medicine cat apprentice and Dappledpaw's lack of time in Clan life, neither take their full names yet. However, as Larkkit becomes Larkpaw, she is assigned to Vinestar as a second apprentice since Dapplepaw won't be one for much longer. Larkpaw is delighted, as she loves her mother with all her heart. She and Dappledpaw are given a lesson in toxic berries: not only how they look, but how they smell and feel in contrast to normal berries (Vinestar is more focused on this aspect since she can't see).

Meanwhile, Fearpaw becomes sick with sleeping fever. Sleeping fever has no known cure, but Shellwhisper and Harepaw make sure to keep him in the best condition they can as he sleeps through it.

Outside the Clan, Fierce becomes an adult. Having never been taught the knowledge her sister learns some ways away, she attempts to eat a toxic berry and becomes sick. In a dazed panic, she heads towards the DuskClan camp in the hope of unbiased healing.

Dappledpaw becomes Dappledtooth, and Harepaw becomes Haredew. Fearpaw wakes up, but another swarm has descended on him, and spends the day fighting it off with the help of the medicine cats; meanwhile, his mentor Pearbrave tracks down a rabbil. Vinestar leads her remaining apprentice to kill a stagmole, but Larkpaw scares it off, disappointing her mother deeply. Larkpaw is hurt that her mother is making it such a big deal when it was only her first hunt.

Shellwhisper passes away of old age, making Haredew a full medicine cat, not only in name but in power (in regards to StarClan). His first day of solo medicine cat-ing is eventful, as a cat he'd never seen before approached him and a again-sick Fearpaw...

"Sir - please -" the molly stepped out of the Unknown, startling Haredew with her words and her subsequent cough. "I'm sick."

"Please, don't call me sir. I'm not much older than you, by the looks of it." He looked her down. The brownish-yellow molly had disfigured forepaws, making it hard for her to walk. She seemed to be used to it, but her sickness seemed to fatigue her. "I'm Haredew. And you are?"

The molly coughed more, and Haredew motioned her to lie down. She eyes the sleeping Fearpaw before answering. "Fierce."

Haredew laughed. "My, what a name! And don't worry about him," he motioned to Fearpaw. "That's Fearpaw. He's got the sleeping fever - that makes you very sleepy, you see, so he won't be waking for another day or two." Fierce coughed with a annoyed glance at Haredew, indicating that she didn't have the patience to talk about unrelated matters. "What seems to be the problem?"

"I ate a strange berry - it was blue and spiky and tasted horrible. I feel terrible - tired, hoarse, nauseous, you name it."

Haredew didn't have to think about it for long. "I see. You ate a toxic berry. Those are just what they're called - toxic. I don't have anything here for it, but in the morning we can visit the healing plant nearby. In the meantime, you should rest." Fierce rolled her eyes, huffed, and settled deeper into the make-shift nest. "So er...how did you know to come here?"

Fierce thought for a few moments. "I...was here once. As a kit. Didn't stay for long." She looked away as though that was that, and the conversation abruptly ended.

Haredew smiled. Despite her attitude, the pretty molly had already grown on him.

• Like 1

Family Tree || Rules

Leader
Vinestar - yellow molly who is blind
     APPRENTICE - Larkpaw

Deputy
Pearbrave - yellow tom with beige spots and a long snout (son of Chirpstar and Vinestar)
     APPRENTICE - Fearpaw

Medicine Cat
Haredew - red tom with bright blue eyes with a disfigured face

Warriors
Dappledtooth - red and mossy-brown molly with a disfigured face

Apprentices
Fearpaw - red and beige tom with brown eyes (son of Chirpstar and Vinestar)
Larkpaw - red molly with brown eyes (daughter of Chirpstar and Vinestar)

Outside the Clan

Fierce - yellow-brown molly with lighter spots and two deformed paws (daughter of Chirpstar and Vinestar)

Vinestar shows her daughter-apprentice a desert-bush and they pick the meager amount of berries from it, but Larkpaw barely pays attention. Dappledtooth tries to eat the fever-flies before they bite her, but it doesn't work out, and she ends up surrounded by medicine cats. Fearpaw is still taken down with the sleeping fever, and though he is now of warrior-age, his sickness has delayed his ceremony. Haredew leaves Pearbrave in charge of Dappledtooth and Fearpaw, and he and Fierce make their journey to the healing fruit.

Fearpaw is finally free of the fever, and Pearbrave shows him how to collect the berries that are conveniently located within the medicine cat den. Dappledtooth is still feverous, but her stomach looks odd...is something else wrong with her?

The next day, the "problem" is apparent: Dappledtooth is pregnant! After some interrogating from Fearpaw, Dappledooth shyly reveals the father...Pearbrave, of course! The two were just too shy to admit their relationship. The Clan is delighted, however.

Dappledtooth gives birth to a little tom with the help of Vinestar (an experienced queen) and her mate (only in the encouragement field...no physical contact from him until AFTER the birth!). She and her mate name him Windykit. Vinestar is delighted to be told that he looks a lot like her.

This nicheling is clever. Their life wish is to have a beautiful kit.

20220329165408_1.thumb.jpg.42c2fb880357231f780098bc37923f53.jpg

That same day, Fearpaw becomes a warrior, receiving the new name Feardream. He's disappointed, as it obviously alludes to his time "dreaming" in the medicine cat den, but respects Vinestar and does not complain. Larkpaw makes fun of him for it, but quickly shuts up when she's called up to receive her name as well: Larkgaze. Larkgaze is mad, as she believes this is because she gets distracted, her gaze fluttering about like a bird. She is furious with her mother, and storms off.

Haredew returns from his trip; Fierce stayed behind at the plant, going on her separate way. Haredew seems distracted when he's told about what happened in his absence.

Haredew promptly receives sleeping fever as well. He stays in the den with Dappledtooth and Windykit as Pearbrave and Vinestar watch over all of them. Dappledtooth gets pregnant again, and Vinestar loses a life to old age.

Fierce unexpectedly reappears, clearly pregnant - probably from the rogue Pearbrave smells nearby. Vinestar approaches her before she can get any closer to her Clan.

"Now what do you think YOU'RE doing?!" Vinestar shouted, standing her ground. "Get OUT, Daisykit!" This mud-brain was told to stay! AWAY! She wished Haredew would have told her her sooner about her daughter's plea for help, as she would have driven her out herself if she'd known.

Fierce stood defiantly, her stomach hanging out noticeably on her bare ribs. "I'm FIERCE now. I'm not a kit anymore." She took a step closer. "I have a right to be here," she spat at her mother. "This is my Clan. That prophecy was never about me, and you know it."

"Did it now?" Vinestar smirked. She hated the way "Fierce" spoke to her, as if she was the mud of the earth, but she could barely hold in a laugh at the molly's silly words. "Then what was it about?"

"Bearyenas. Fever-flies. Mud. Anything, really - everything's brown around here. But it wasn't me. I was a kit."

Vinestar sat down, as though she wasn't worried at all at what her daughter might do. "Then what do you propose?"

"I rejoin the Clan. I'll leave you alone, as long as you leave me and my baby alone too. I can't raise my kid out here." She gestured to the Unknown.

"Your kid, huh? Rogue-scum, I assume? You probably wanted it. I'm not allowing you or your rogue-spawn in my Clan. Ever."

Fierce burst in anger. "No rogues had ANYTHING to do with this!"

"Ha. Then who's the father, huh? I haven't 'seen' any other toms around here!" Vinestar hissed.

Fierce looked at the Clan cats behind Vinestar nervously, then gave her answer. "Haredew." Shock went through Vinestar and the rest of the Clan. Haredew? The MEDICINE cat?? But he wasn't allowed to have kits... Even Haredew looked shocked.

"HAREDEW?! Vinestar screamed. She whipped around furiously. Her Clan had never seen her this angry before. "YOU." She pointed her nose to Haredew. "OUT. NOW. DON'T COME BACK."

Haredew shook. "But- Vinestar- there's no other-"

"NOW."

(warning: BLOOD)
Suddenly Fierce sprang at Vinestar, and there was a tussle. Claws tangled, tails whipped. Blood splattered. It lasted several minutes; the Clan was too bewildered to try and stop it or even help.

Finally, the cloud of fur slowed down. Fierce stood panting, blood dripping from her mouth and all over her body. Her stomach seemed unscathed, thankfully, but nobody paid attention - Vinestar laid on the grass below. Her neck was...bloody. Her eyes were cold. She was dead, her remaining lives ripped away. The Clan stared in shock.

"I am your leader now," Fierce barked to DuskClan, her pupils narrowed with a glimmer of insanity. "Fiercestar of DuskClan!" DuskClan nervously repeated it. They had no choice. Fiercestar was their leader now. The prophecy echoed in their heads: "The Unknown is coming. Beware the brown."

(ignore the rain and Windykit's age okay--)

20220329173042_1.thumb.jpg.1d10b60ed6889e7d1d8a17db701ad689.jpg

• Eek! 1

Family Tree || Rules

Leader
Fiercestar - yellow-brown molly with lighter spots and two deformed paws (daughter of Chirpstar and Vinestar)

Deputy

Medicine Cat
Haredew - red tom with bright blue eyes with a disfigured face

Warriors
Dappledtooth - red and mossy-brown molly with a disfigured face
Feardream - red and beige tom with brown eyes (son of Chirpstar and Vinestar)
Larkgaze - red molly with brown eyes (daughter of Chirpstar and Vinestar)

Kits
Windykit - orange and grey tom with brown eyes (son of Pearbrave and Dappledtooth)

A bearyena appears! Larkgaze is attacked. Her brother rushes to her defense and lands a blow, poisoning it with his tail tip.

Dappledtooth and Windykit flee. Windykit is of apprentice age now, but his ceremony will be delayed until the bearyena is dealt with. Fiercestar announces Pearbrave will continue in his role of deputy. Haredew advises him to stay back from the fight due to his previous injuries that still plague him and instead stand guard over him and Fiercestar.

The bearyena attacks both of its opponents. Larkgaze and Feardream land two attacks each. That night Feardream starves. The bearyena leaves the siblings and tries to get to Haredew, but is prevented.

Feardream, Larkgaze, and Pearbrave all starve for a night, but the bearyena is defeated, providing the Clan with food. Haredew takes them all under his wing. Windykit is made an apprentice and is assigned to Fiercestar - she'd give him to one of the warriors, but none are in the condition to. Fiercestar finally has her baby with Haredew, a little tom named Cactuskit, named after the cacti surrounding their new spot (they had to flee the old camp due to bearyenas)

This nicheling is self-conscious. Their life wish is to fall in love.

20220402161125_1.thumb.jpg.7caabd31201c5e778dbe7a5a12b0f942.jpg

Windypaw attacks a wanderer that invades the camp, but accidentally kills her (as she was old and sickly, though he didn't know any better) and is horrified. Dappledtooth has a daughter, Sneezekit; she was barely born before she started sneezing. Haredew concluded that this is an unfortunate genetic disease, and cannot be cured - he can do his best to keep her well but she will inevitably die young. Her parents are terrified, but Windypaw is delighted to have a little sister.

This nicheling is uncooperative. They are scared of any water at all. Their life wish is to becomes mates with an important nicheling.

20220402174803_1.thumb.jpg.da0658fdedc36bb73eee092a4a6498a4.jpg

Another bearyena appears! Pearbrave is unfortunately its first pick, and is immediately killed as his recent days of starvation weakened him. The rest of the Clan flees further. Feardream takes a blow to protect Haredew and Sneezekit. He hits it twice in retaliation. A new deputy is not selected yet as Fiercestar would like to appoint Feardream, but he is currently engaged in battle and she is unsure if he will survive, since he is holding his place against the bearyena is defend the Clan. (They continue to move north-east, but Sneezekit is holding it up.)

Cactuskit becomes apprentice age, but instead of delaying his ceremony like she did for Windypaw, Fiercestar immediately makes him a warrior, assigning him to Larkgaze. Windypaw is incredibly jealous - he's barely an apprentice and this kit is already one! And his warrior ceremony will end up delayed too since he'll barely have had any training! Windypaw starts to make fun of Cactuspaw for being the son of a medicine cat and a leader who murdered the previous one, as well as being named after a cactus. Cactuspaw can often be seen crying after talking with him.

The bearyena tries to go around Feardream to reach the rest of the Clan, but is blocked. Feardream, Dappledtooth and even Haredew stand around Sneezekit to defend her. 

Feardream dies of wounds and starvation. Sneezekit is old enough to run away now, so she and her remaining "guards" rejoin the Clan. Under her own request, she is made an apprentice to Haredew. Larkgaze is made deputy. (I forgot to do this until later so her gems aren't colored right in the next couple screenshots)

Dappledtooth is killed by the bearyena, but it dies the same night of its own wounds. Windypaw is made a warrior with the new name Windywave. He meets a female named Berrytail, who joins them to flee from ANOTHER bearyena, forcing the Clan to move back to where they came from.

This nicheling is friendly. Their life wish is to have kits.

20220402180926_1.thumb.jpg.2dc40f64925b6143dbf3a27129d4feb7.jpg

Berrytail enlists Windywave in having kits before she dies. He is flustered but accepts.

Windywave is attacked by the bearyena, but decides to just flee with the rest of his Clan. Fiercestar loses a life to age and injury. Berrytail has a daughter, Swiftkit, as ANOTHER. FREAKING. BEARYENA. ARRIVES. along with the other. The Clan is still terribly low on food.

This nicheling is unconfident. Their life wish is to have no children.

20220402181636_1.thumb.jpg.1e35a0360201801e24b4f1c248bbd9f5.jpg

Fiercestar loses her second life to the bearyenas, making Larkgaze leader. She immediately loses her first life to the bearyenas, who also take the only life of Haredew. Sneezepaw is automatically made medicine cat with the new name of Sneezewhisker, and Cactuspaw is made warrior with the name of Cactustail. Cactustail is made deputy due to WIndywave being too far away (with Berrytail). Berrytail dies leaving a kit in her wake, who is named Berrykit after her mother.

This nicheling is neglectful. Their life wish is to become a Medicine Cat.

20220402182626_1.thumb.jpg.ac04013101c3100480fc078cd29b15e0.jpg

Swiftkit - now an apprentice, Swiftpaw, assigned to Larkstar herself - is attacked, and she and Cactustail starve a night. Larkstar loses her second life as well, making Cactustail Cactusstar and reassigning Swiftpaw to him. He is unable to make anyone deputy as of yet.

Cactuspaw is attacked. Several cats starve, including Windywave who dies of it. Berrypaw is made an apprentice to Sneezewhisker (as she had shown interest as a kit, watching her now-mentor tend to the leader at a young age), but her first day is spent in a coma with the sleeping fever. Virtually everybody is sick (from Sneezewhisker) and bleeding (from wounds), including Berrypaw who is attacked. The Clan is back in the original camp now.

Berrypaw is freed from fever, but Sneezewhisker gets it instead. One of the bearyenas perishes, and Swiftpaw kills the other. Both bodies provide a fine feast for the Clan in comparison to how little food they've had for so long. Swiftpaw is made a warrior with the name Swiftclaw, and is appointed deputy due to no other choices. Cactusstar befriends a peaceful bear in the hopes that it will protect them. I delete a bearyena and its baby because I am SO done with them okay--

Sneezewhisker dies of her sickness. Berrypaw is made a full medicine cat with the name Berryspots. She goes in search of a healing plant that Sneezewhisker had told her she could smell nearby - unknown to them, this is the same plant that had healed Fiercestar so many moons ago.

Cactusstar and Swiftclaw become mates. Swiftclaw reluctantly gives in to Cactusstar's wishes and agrees to have kits, but only if they never forget that they're partners and not just kit-makers. They soon have a daughter named Grasskit.

This nicheling is mellow. Their life wish is to mentor an apprentice.

20220402184720_1.thumb.jpg.0d2f9e1035d1075b630acdd88bf8397f.jpg

sorry for the length and lack of personalities - I get really caught up in all the battle and death 😅

• Like 1

the family tree is so big now!! we also have the first incest pairing - Swiftclaw is mated to her first cousin once removed. (Grasskit is 7th/8th gen!) but that's pretty impressive for Niche! All the other pairs have included former rogues

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Family Tree || Rules

Leader
Cactusstar - red tom with green eyes and a pointy tail (son of Fiercestar and Haredew)

Deputy
Swiftclaw - orange and grey molly with green eyes (daughter of Windywave and Berrytail)

Medicine Cat
Berryspots - yellow with black spots and brown eyes (daughter of Windywave and Berrytail)

Kits
Grasskit - Mossy-yellow molly with green eyes (daughter of Cactusstar and Swiftclaw)

Berryspots reaches her healing plants and heals herself with them. Swiftclaw gives birth to a second daughter, Rootkit. Grasskit is made an apprentice to Cactusstar.

This nicheling is conventional. They love to help others. Their life wish is to become a parent.

image.thumb.jpeg.235bf8ace8212a93fba0a07d632431b0.jpeg

Swiftclaw dies of her old wounds : ( Cactusstar and Grasspaw find a rogue female and invite her in, giving her the name Elkfur. Unfortunately, very soon becomes pregnant with the child of a rogue male. Due to the lack of adults, however, she is made deputy.

This nicheling is fanatical. Their life wish is to fall in love.

image.thumb.jpeg.f676c5e6aa4cb9a5e9981d1a2ba4b55a.jpeg

Only a day later, another rogue is found: Hazecreek.

This nicheling is pure. Their life wish is to have lots of children.

image.thumb.jpeg.597d972b74ffca75c17824856495baff.jpeg

Rootpaw is apprenticed to Hazecreek. Elkfur has a daughter, Songkit.

This nicheling is dry. They love kits. Their life wish is to become a parent.

image.thumb.jpeg.81522b75b5929b59d96408fd4f9597cb.jpeg

• Like 2

• 7 months later...