Stray Fawn Community

Remnant Clan (A warrior cats challenge playthrough)

Chiyanna

Remnants Moon 1 on the island:

Ferndawn was exhausted from all she'd been through. And yet she had to keep swimming, or else she'd die in the depths of a watery expanse. That was all she knew for sure. Keep paddling, keep kicking, or else you'll sink. She could think of nothing else.

But all her focus, all her will, it wasn't enough. She just couldn't paddle anymore or go any further. The waves battered her, yanking her this way and that, and pulling her downward. Her paddles were no longer strong enough to propel her forward, and when the next wave washed over her she sank like a stone. There was nothing to be done. She didn't even try to hold her breath, though she couldn't if she tried. She felt her lungs screaming for oxygen, her life leaving her. Panic surging through. She knew there was no chance of survival.

Suddenly she was free of all the pain. She saw herself in the ocean. She was drifting away from her body...

And then she saw somebody else, swimming downwards. And she could no longer see herself. She couldn't see clearly at all. The pain was back. Her lungs screaming for air. And the exhaustion in her limbs and very being. She was confused...very confused.

Something was pulling her, upwards and forwards. She didn't know what because she couldn't see clearly. And then, air burst into her lungs. She could breathe again. She was still being pulled by something. It's progress was slow. For a minute all she did was breathe. And then she blinked her eyes open.

Immediately water rushed into them and she shut them again. She was back under, and panicked I’m going to sink again! But then she took a breath. She was no longer under water. She couldn’t quite figure it out. Something was under her, land? No, it seemed to be breathing itself. She dug her claws into it’s fur, holding on, not wanting to fall back into the water.

And then water surrounded her again, have I fallen in? Within a minute it was gone again, and she blinked open her eyes. Just in time to see a wave coming for her. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, exhaling as the water hit. Waves had just been crashing into her and passing.

It went on like this for a while, until Ferndawn suddenly felt her feet brush against something different. And then her bottom half fell off the thing that had carried her through the water. She yowled out and dug her front claws in as hard as she could with how exhausted she was, fearing falling into the watery depths.

It’s alright,” soothed a voice.

Ferndawn didn’t believe the voice until she realized her legs were resting upon something beneath the water. She blinked open her eyes. The world was spinning and blurry, and she was seeing stars even though it was light. But she also managed to see something other than endless water land. So she slowly retracted her claws.

And then Ferndawn slowly slid off the creature. Hitting the soft sand beneath her, she croaked out the words, “thank you.” And then drifted to sleep.

-

(All this is before the actual playthrough but I like my story background beginnings alright? Anyways, welcome to my warrior cats challenge playthrough! I won’t be using any particular set of challenge rules though I will be drawing from my own Cats Challenge ____ and this old warrior cats challenge ___[though it is too detailed even for me! Unless someone can take all those lists of events and make random generators out of them…]. For personalities I will be using Sky’s generator ____. And I will also rely on my own WC knowledge and common sense, plus whatever makes a good story, and will roll dice to decide what characters do sometimes. Some of the posts will be long stories, others will be summaries of what happens interspersed with bits of story, some will be both. Most posts will have at least 1 screenshot if not more. So yeah, that’s about it! On with the story!)

-

Ferndawn heard water...that’s strange. Camp isn’t anywhere near water… Then, all the sudden, she was stricken with fear, vague recollections of violent waves and currents, of a lake without end, coming into her mind. She sat up suddenly.

I...can’t believe I’m alive,” she heard.

I can’t believe what just happened,” a different voice said that.

The two voices were afraid, grieved, shocked, and confused. The second one was also quite angry? Bitter?

Ferndawn opened her eyes, and saw sand (also yes I’m pretending the port is made of sand). She slowly got up, shaking. She heard a wave crash and whirled around. The endless lake was before her, but at least she was on land now.

Ah, the sleeping she-cat is awake,” remarked a voice to her right.

She recognized that voice from somewhere… She turned to see who was speaking to her. She had seen him before...but where?

I’m Redfish,” he said, his eyes non-judgmental even as she stared at him, “what’s your name?”

Now she knew! Redfish was an experienced and respected member of Jungle Clan. She had talked to him at the Meeting Rocks her first time there as an apprentice. Since then she’d only seen him around when she went to such meetings.

Ferndawn,” she replied.

You couldn’t be that scrawny little apprentice that pestered me with all those questions about being a great warrior, could you?” his eyes now showed recognition as he teased her.

Yes,” she said, chuckling for a moment as she thought back on it, “that was me.”

Redfish nodded, his thoughts evidently drifting back to the present as his expression darkened. It was silent for a few minutes.

Finally, somebody said what everyone was thinking, “So what do we do now?” The question came from a light-brown tom who looked at home in the hot savanna grasses. He was smaller than the rest of the cats, but he had a claw he could probably use capably. Ferndawn guessed he was a Savanna Clan cat.

Well, we must survive,” said Redfish.

Without our clans?” Ferndawn asked. She couldn’t imagine life as a loner...but he probably meant stick together and help eachother survive. Would we then be a clan or a group of rogues?

Our clans…” Redfish trailed off, then started again, “I doubt anyone else survived the disasters. If they did they may have found their way to another island. There is no way for us to reach them. So we-”

I refuse to accept that!” interrupted a large white cat with a menacing claw, “I’m going to look for survivors of Mountain Clan!”

I doubt there will be any” Redfish sighed, “but I suppose we can all search for survivors and try and rebuild our respective clans.”

No,” Dawnfish suddenly heard herself say, and all eyes were on her, she swallowed and continued, “we must stick together. We’re all used to living in clans with other cats to look out for us. And that is the way it should stay. I think Redfish is right, there will be few if any survivors. We don’t have enough cats for multiple clans. And so maybe we should only have one.”

A couple gasps rose up from the group, and white (Mountain Clan) cat protested, “And become clan-mates with a Savanna Clan cat?” Mountain Clan and Savanna Clan had a bitter rivalry. Mountain Clan cats saw themselves as superior, over every clan, but especially over the ‘weak’ savanna clan cats who’d been known to lead predators away rather than fight and would usually run from them and make peace with cat intruders unless they threatened their camp. Savanna Clan cats thought Mountain Clan to be judgmental brutes and bullies who throw their strength around. The two clans also shared a border and had some territory disputes and skirmishes which only added to the hatred.

I can’t trust a Swamp Clan cat,” Redfish added, “no offense,” he said to someone behind him.

None taken,” huffed a cat Ferndawn couldn’t see, “though I am a medicine cat. My first duty is to Star Clan and the injured.” Swamp Clan cats were known to trick other cats and lie, which led to Redfish’s concern.

Would you rather be loners?” asked Ferndawn, “And risk ending your clan’s genes and legacy? We may be the only thing left of our clans! Each of you may be the only cat of your clan that survived. I know I barely did.”

There was silence for a few seconds, but the white cat broke it, “And who will be leader?”

We’ll vote,” suggested Ferndawn.

Vote?” growled the Mountain Clan cat, “That will only take into account who’s most popular!”

Suddenly, a male that had similar coloring to Redfish walked past him, so that Ferndawn ould see them. They had black eyes that seemed to stare straight into her soul. And right now they were filled with wonder and wisdom. “Starclan agrees that we should band together and form a clan. That is what each of us was brought here for, to preserve the legacy of the old clans which are now destroyed. This new clan will be called Remnant Clan, because it is a remnant of the old clans. And in time, if the clan thrives, perhaps the old clans will be revived through it.”

Redfish bowed his head to the medicine cat, “If Star Clan wills it, then I will obey.” The Savanna Clan cat nodded in agreement. The Mountain Clan cat rmained silent.

Well,” said someone next to Ferndawn, “I’m going to leave you clan cats to clan things.” Ferndawn recognized the voice and looked to see the cat.

It was a bright yellow she-cat. “Did you rescue me from the water yesterday?” asked Ferndawn.

Yes,” said the yellow cat.

You saved my life! I will never be able to repay this debt,” exclaimed Ferndawn.

The cat looked down at her paws, “It was nothing. Well anyways I must be going now.”

How would you like to join us?” asked Ferndawn.

The cat’s face brightened, but before they could answer the Mountain Clan cat interrupted, “You don’t have the authority to do this!”

Well,” said the Savanna Clan cat, “technically there is no leader so I guess there’s no-one to say who can and cannot be invited into the tribe.”

Then we vote,” said the Mountain Clan cat, “right now. And the rogue isn’t allowed to vote!”

Ferndawn was tempted to ask why but decided against it. She nodded.

I vote Redfish,” said Ferndawn.

The Savanna Clan cat was next to answer, “you,” he said, pointing to Ferndawn. Me? She thought, I’m too young to be a leader!

Redfish,” said the Mountain Clan cat.

The Swamp Clan medicine cat had been staring off to no-where in particular, but suddenly their gaze shifted. He looked at Redfish, good, the most experienced cat should be leader. Then, he looked at the Savanna Clan cat, and then the Mountain Clan cat. Maybe she’ll vote for him, I think that would be a mistake, though he would make a strong and bold leader. Then he looked at Ferndawn, his eyes staring into her soul. After a minute, he spoke, “you.”

Me?” asked Ferndawn, confused.

Yes, you,” he said in a gruff voice. Then he turned away.

It was a tie between her and Redfish, realizing it to be unfair otherwise, she said, “Feel free to vote for yourself.” There. She was safe. He would vote for himself and she could rest easy.

He sat there for a minute thinking, then shook his head, “No, I’m voting for you.”

Is it just because you don’t want to vote for yourself?” Ferndawn was still trying to get out of it.

No,” he said simply, wrapping his tail around his paws. And she knew better than to pry. So that was that. Even Redfish didn’t vote for the obvious choice of himself. The only one who did (other than her) did it out of spite for the other two.

How am I ever supposed to be a leader? Especially with so little experience? She felt utterly unprepared. She could scarcely believe any of this was happening. But she had to stay strong for the sake of the group. Then she realized something else, “How am I to receive my leader name and lives without a moonstone?”

You will receive them in a dream,” said the medicine cat, “though we must set about finding one on this island.”

Ferndawn was surprised at this. And still utterly overwhelmed. She simply nodded. “Well I guess we should start exploring the island.”

855172799_WCCarrivalonport.PNG.e39ff4839bad78a8b8d6642aca8920cf.PNG

[White one on the far left is Mountain Clan- Yellow one beside his is rogue- Yellow-brownish/light brown one in front of the rogue is Savanna Clan- Behind him with the blue gems is Swamp Clan- Right of him is Jungle Clan (Redfish)- Behind him is Green Clan (Ferndawn)]

• Like 4

The Dream Moon 1 on the island:

Ferndawn lifted their head. They were in a grassy clearing. She smilled, it reminded her of home. But when she looked directly in front of her, she saw something quite odd. A pool of water shimmering in a way unlike any other. In the middle of this pool was a stone which reflected the water's brilliance. The stone drew her, but she knew something wasn't quite yet right.

Besides the feeling that she should wait, there was also the feeling that she didn't want to do this at all. She wasn't prepared. She wasn't good enough, for what? Her paw was frozen in the air, unsure of whether she should walk toward it.

"What are you waiting for?" said a voice beside her.

She looked, and saw an orange tom with faint white stripes. "I was waiting for you," she realized, "I knew I couldn't do this thing without you present, Turtlemist."

His black eyes stared into her soul, "I know you're unsure about this. You feel unprepared, perhaps unworthy."

"How?" has he received more from Star Clan about me?

"I'm good at reading cats," he murmured, "your expression, body language, what you say and don't say..."

Ferndawn nodded, "I feel you guys made a mistake in voting me."

"It was Star Clan that picked you," he responded.

"Well maybe they made a mistake," Ferndawn said, knowing Turtlemist would take it the wrong way. His whole life was about Star Clan.

His expression revealed no animosity, "Why don't you head toward the stone?"

Ferndawn nodded and turned toward the stone. She began to walk toward it. I can't be a leader, let alone the leader of the last of our clans! The one to protect the remnant. The responsibility is too high. I don't know enough. I'm not skilled enough. 

She took her first step into the water. It was a jolt at first, but then she felt calm. She slowly waded through, the water got up to her belly. She shivered, water is dangerous, she remembered how she nearly died...

But she couldn't go back now...being so close to the stone. She leaned ahead as far as she could and touched her nose to it. She felt wind rushing by her, and then she opened her eyes and found herself in another clearing. This time a cat stood there.

"Mother!" Ferndawn cried, running up to her, "I'm so glad you're alright..." wait. She was fainter, greyer, and had an aura about her. Her eyes shone with wisdom, and sadness. "Oh..."

"Don't worry my dear, I am in a better place now. My tasks are over. Yours are just beginning."

"Don't remind me..." muttered Ferndawn.

Ferndawn's mother chuckled, "You may not think you can do it, but you have a god heart and a solid head. That will get you far as leader."

Ferndawn purred at her mother, "Thank you for the encouragement. What is Star Clan like?"

"That is for you to find out when you come to join us," growled a voice to her left.

Ferndawn was embarrassed, she looked at her paws.

"She didn't know!" insisted Ferndawn's mother.

"I know, just had to make sure you wouldn't tell her. It is a secret that has been harbored for generations, though it has no real significance it is tradition to keep it," explained the tom.

Ferndawn looked to see who the tom was. He was plain brown with multiple scars. She didn't recognize him, but a familiar voice to her right said, "This is Woodstar," the tom pointed to the other tom.

"Brindlestar!" said Ferndawn, bowing her head in respect. Brindlestar had been the leader of Green Clan, but he must've died during the hurricane. He was brown with grey stripes and swirls streaking his body.

She looked back at the brown tom, and dipped her head in respect, "I've heard much about you. How brave you were as leader of our clan. Did you really kill a dog all on your own?"

"It wasn't all on my own, but I did a good bit of the fighting. It took one of my lives, but I took it's only life!" Woodstar responded.

Ferndawn smiled. She was meeting a real legend. And she got to see again her leader and mother. Maybe this isn't so bad after all.

"Now," said Brindlestar, "about your nine lives. For some reason, we can only give 7. We are unsure how this happened. Perhaps it is this dream moonstone, or this new island. We will only know for sure once we find the real moonstone of this island."

"That's alright," said Ferndawn, "I was planning on having just one."

Ferndawn's mother laughed and Brindlestar chuckled. Woodstar continued, "And you already lost one."

"How?" asked Ferndawn that's unheard of! Non-leaders only have one life!

"In the ocean you drowned," so I died...not almost died! "but you were destined to be leader. We already knew that. So we granted you your lives early," Woodstar explained.

"You can do that?" asked Ferndawn, shocked.

"Sometimes...and very rarely," said Brindlestar.

"It doesn't always work," said Ferndawn's mother, "but I'm glad it did! You have a great destiny ahead of you my dear."

Brindlestar nodded.

Woodstar then said, "We must administer the oath." (Honestly I have no idea if this exists in the books or what it says I'm just winging it...chalk any differences up to different clans and universe)

Ferndawn swallowed and nodded.

Brindlestar spoke, "Do you vow to uphold the warrior code, and make the best possible decisions to guide your clan forward? To defend and protect your clan with all your lives, and be loyal to your clan above all else?"

"I do," said Ferndawn solemnly.

"Then I give you your leader name, Fernstar, and your 6 remaining lives. Use them wisely and for the benefit of your clan." Brindlestar finished.

"I will," said Fernstar, "I accept them with great humility and hope that you will continue to guide my pawsteps and those of the members of Remnant Clan."

Brindlestar nodded. 

Woodstar then said, "It is time for you to head back."

Fernstar nuzzled her mother, "Goodbye." She did not know if she would ever be visited by her again in a dream or vision.

"Do me proud," said her mother, "I know you can."

643918185_WCCFerndawnbecomesFernstar.PNG.9f5b64651e57517b22f62fa7c156599c.PNG

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Hydropuff said:

I will be reading this with excitement :)

Thank you for your support! I'm pretty excited about this as well. Feel free to suggest potential rules and names for characters. (All the current characters are named but Remnant clan will be growing soon hopefully)

The First Clan Meeting Moon 1 (technically moon 2 but I'm playing through the first few days as just that storywise)

2070732918_Screenshot-9_15_20218_12_04AM.thumb.png.27d2a2a75195ff5732fbd95248e792f8.png

“All cats old enough to catch your own prey, gather…” Fernstar hesitated, where should the cats gather with no camp yet established? “around me, for a clan meeting!”

Turtlemist, who had been sitting next to her, padded away to the back of the group. Lightwatcher slipped in through the reeds, apparently he had been sleeping on the beach. The look of jealousy and scorn he gave her told her she shouldn’t make him deputy. She didn’t want to have an unloyal deputy she couldn’t trust. Being so close to power...what if he killed her so he could be leader? Of course, Mountain Clan cats were known for their strict following of the warrior code, so cold-blooded murder just for power wasn’t likely. But the survival of a new clan may depend on the bending or breaking of the code. Fernstar wasn’t eager to do so, but she was going to protect what remained of their once mighty five clans no matter what. What if, because of that, Lightwatcher got the idea in his head that it would be better for him to lead the clan strictly by the book, no matter how he came to power?

Fernstar realized she had been staring and turned away. It was best to pick the obvious choice, “Redfish, I appoint you deputy of Remnant Clan.”

Redfish dipped his head, “I am honored.” Fernstar looked at him quizzically for a moment. He had the chance to be leader, why didn’t he take it? But it didn’t matter now. They must move on into the future.

“It is undeniable we need more warriors. And if we are to grow this clan, we will need more potential queens,” she looked at her group of all male warriors. “Sunshine,” she called, “come forward.” Lightwatcher’s swishing tail was the only sign of his displeasure.

The bright yellow she-cat shyly walked to the front.

“You have already shown the brave and sacrificial spirit of a warrior in saving a total stranger at the risk of your own life. But joining a clan is a great commitment. Do you vow to uphold the warrior code, and protect your clan, even with your life?” asked Fernstar.

“I do,” said Sunshine.

“From this day forward, you will be known as Shiningsun,” announced Fernstar. She didn’t change the name much, because it fit her. But it had to be changed so that she realized she was a warrior now.

Shiningsun held her head high. Redfish looked at her quizzically for a moment, and she figured he must be thinking, why didn’t you change her name fully?

But soon he turned away and congratulated Shiningsun. Turtlemist also congratulated her. Even Lightwatcher did with no hint of malice. But Rootclaw was less enthusiastic, noted Fernstar.

“I know you all want to celebrate,” said Fernstar, “but we must get to work. I have heard many of you say that this would be a suitable site for camp. Why do you believe this is so and do you think we could find a better spot?”

Redfish and Lightwatcher told why they thought this was a good camp spot. Turtlemist voiced some good things about it but some concerns as well. The other two didn’t say much.

In the end, they all decided that they would look around a bit for another site, and if they didn’t find one they would set up camp here shortly.

Lightwatcher and Rootclaw, go on hunting patrol together,” They were the only ones with sharp and well-trained claws other than Redfish, who had been assigned the task of looking for another camp spot.

Can’t I go with Redfish or stay here and guard camp?” asked Lightwatcher.

What, are you afraid of being out-hunted by a Savanna Clan cat?” Rootclaw teased.

No,” hissed Lightwatcher, he then looked at the ground.

For now,” said Fernstar, trying to keep emotion out of her voice, “you two are probably the best hunters." Fernstar saw worry flicker through Lightwatcher’s eyes. "And Shiningsun will go with you.” She added the she-cat to the group in the hopes that she could keep the peace between the two.

Go now,” said Fernstar, “we don’t have much food.” Rootclaw and Shiningsun dipped their heads and Lightwatcher stiffly nodded, then the three raced off into the reeds and grasses.

• Like 2

No prey Moon 1

Lightwatcher was partly glad when Rootclaw decided to take the beach route instead of going through the reeds and thorns with the other two cats. What a wimp though, he thought, he's so weak! This rogue is a tougher cat than him! 

Then, he saw a wall of tangled thorns ahead of them. It was too think to simply walk through or over. He had never seen these before he came to this island, but here they were common. "Not again," he grumbled, and he moved to the side to look for a way to slip through. Some space that wasn't completely covered. But other spaces had large thorny berry bushes. And one had a small prickly plant that looked quite odd.

"Hey, I think I found a way through!" called the bright yellow she-cat.

"Really?" said Lightwatcher doubtfully. He grew angry when he found her right back where he started, "There's no way through here!" he growled, approaching her. Dumb rogue.

She squeaked in fear and quickly slipped through the brambles and berry bush to the other side. Lightwatcher was a bit shocked, but he copied what she did and barely made it through, his fluffly white fur getting snagged on the thorns.

I guess she isn't as dumb as she looks...and she's tough too. Not quite strong, but tough. "That was...impressive." He admitted.

"Thanks," she said, with a flick of her tail.

Rootclaw was standing off to the side, looking at the area. "This looks like a decent place for a medicine cat den," he noted.

Lightwatcher would hate to agree with him, but he was right.

650887820_Screenshot-9_15_20218_52_42AM.thumb.png.4e78990068b50e458e1912e4f302613e.png

After scenting and hearing no prey, the three headed back toward Fernstar to tell her about the ideal medicine cat den they had found. An aerial view of all our cats at that moment and what they were doing.

450448774_Screenshot-9_15_20218_54_37AM.thumb.png.77b3beb9b369a46372906f0daacdaa68.png

Fernstar was anxious. Her hunting patrol had come back, telling her there was no prey around that they could find. What if there is no prey on the island? Has Star Clan brought us here just for us to starve to death? She looked out at the ocean, back toward the home they had all lost. How she wished to be back there now, even in it's present state it had to be better than this! 

She attempted to kick the sand in frustration, but instead she kicked something hard. It was an odd rock-looking thing, but it appeared to be moving. She stared at it.

"It's a clam," said a voice beside her.

She looked to see Turtlemist. Fernstar smiled at the sight of her medicine cat, always calm, always mysterious. "Is it alive?"

"Yes," said Turtlemist, "and you can eat it too. But only with nimble fingers can you crack it open."

"Well my fingers are pretty nimble," said Fernstar, "let me try." 

Turtlemist instructed her on how to open it. After a few minutes of furstration, Fernstar finally got it open!

She peered inside and saw a slimy thing that didn't look much like any prey she'd ever seen, "What is this?" she said, swinging the clam open for Turtlemist to see.

"Clam meat," he said with a gleam in his eye, "it was a delicacy back in Swamp Clan. A rarity."

"Well fair enough that they're rare, but I wouldn't call this a delicacy!" she joked.

"Well if you don't want it, I'll be happy to take it off your hands," insisted Turtlemist.

"I should keep my strength up as the leader," she said, "and I won't torture the other cats and make them eat this! But I'm not going to eat all of it. Let's split it."

Turtlemist nodded. Normally in a clan it was a great honor to eat with the leader...but with so few members... Still, Turtlemist seemed to be having a great time as he gratefully ate his half of the clam. Fernstar had trouble getting it down, and keeping it there!

1708383787_Screenshot-9_15_20218_57_08AM.thumb.png.69c9642bdf15aa0b533be21133bd665f.png

• Like 3

Ocean of Abundance Moon 1

"Why don't you try fishing?" the voice of the deputy made Lightwatcher turn his head.

"Fishing?" repeated a shocked Lightwatcher.

"Of course," replied Redfish, "where do you think I got my name? Jungle Clan used to fish out of the river that ran through our territory."

Lightwatcher twitched his tail in annoyance, he looked briefly at his paws, then caught himself, it was a bad habit. Showed weakness. He forced himself to meet Redfish's eyes.

Thankfully, Rootclaw spoke so he didn't have to, "But I'm no Jungle Clan cat! We had barely any water at all in Savanna Clan."

"I'm not keen on fish either," said Fernstar with a sigh. Lightwatcher was surprised that Fernstar agreed with his sentiment. Of course she would feel this way, she was weak. What's wrong with me? If Redfish does it why can't I? Am I too weak to eat fish? No, mocked his inner voice, just to catch them! That was really it, he could barely hunt land animals that he was used to hunting! Now he had to hunt slippery water creatures?

This island is beating me. I'm too weak. What would his parents think? Lightwatcher kept his inner turmoil to himself, or tried to. Fernstar had said something, but he wasn't about to go asking what it was and admit he hadn't been listening.

"Go try fishing," said Fernstar, "and report back to me with whatever you catch." Rootclaw turned around and immediately walked toward the ocean. Lightwatcher hesitated.

Shiningsun followed after Rootclaw, but Fernstar called after her, "Shiningsun!" 

The she-cat turned around, "Yes, Fernstar?"

"Your claws aren't suited for catching fish. Have you ever fished before?" she asked.

"No," answered Shiningsun sheepishly. Shingsun's weakness made Lightwatcher unnervingly uneasy. Why should I care if the ex-rogue is weak? Did I just call her an ex-rogue, once a rogue always a rogue! But that sentiment didn't sit well with him, no matter what he screamed at himself.

"Would you mind helping Turtlemist set up camp?" asked Fernstar.

"Not at all," said Shiningsun, her eyes lighting up. What could be so exciting about setting up camp? Lightwatcher felt irritated, he stared after Shiningsun as she headed back toward camp.

Fernstar was looking at him with a 'what are you still doing here?' look. And so with a defiant glance back, he started towards the ocean.

When he got there, Rootclaw was already fixated on something in the water. Then, there was a splash coming up from the water as he scooped a fish right out and onto land. He pounced on the creature and easily killed it. Fish looked easier to pounce. Once on land they flopped around hopelessly, quite stupid. But it would be scooping them out of the water that would give Lightwatcher trouble...

1848136295_Screenshot-9_15_20218_57_39AM.thumb.png.6e98358621d550285544929e458b2607.png

"How'd you do that?" Lightwatcher asked him, he tried to keep his voice cool. He was desperate for help.

Rootclaw ignored him, and kept his eyes fixated on the water. He repeated what he had done before. Lightwatcher sighed and walked over. He put his paw in the water, making a splash. The fish swam away.

"You've scattered the rest of the fish!" growled Rootclaw.

"I'm just trying to catch them!" protested Lightwatcher.

"Well go try and catch them over there," hissed Rootclaw. "Or does the mighty Mountain Clan warrior need my help?"

"No," hissed Lightwatcher defensively, and he stomped his way down the beach.164167677_Screenshot-9_15_20218_58_10AM.thumb.png.e8e6a0e8200d5eda504a0b7a72a9482b.png

Lightwatcher saw a singular fish swimming slowly along. He let his paw slip carefully into the water this time, positioned it under the fish, and brought it up quickly. But he missed completely! The fish swam away!

"Star Clan!" muttered Lightwatcher, splashing the water in his anger.

Just then, he noticed Fernstar on the beach watching him (I forgot to put her leader name in the game, opps).

He expected her to mock him, but though her eyes were filled with humor, she said calmly, "Why don't you go help clear out and set up the camp."

Lightwatcher nodded, and padded out of the water. He couldn't let on how grateful he really was.

1368252467_Screenshot-9_15_20219_01_33AM.thumb.png.5d35cc4a287873c56b589f5c39a8c3cf.png

• Like 2

The First Troubles Moon 2

777620157_Screenshot-9_15_20219_04_20AM.thumb.png.a70769b0af203cef9b68adcee7a61a71.png

Redfish padded to the water to join Rootclaw on fishing patrol. For the past moon they had done this together, providing for the clan, but now, as the first rains came, the clan was in dire need of food.

"Anything?" asked Redfish hopefully as he approached Rootclaw.

"Nothing," said Rootclaw with a hint of fear in his eyes.

The fish had been scared away from the place they usually fished, and they had to venture further along the shoreline. But even there...there was no guarantee they would find anything. The clan might go hungry, it might even starve without the fish that had sustained them thus-far.

465503444_Screenshot-9_15_20219_07_30AM.thumb.png.d09db156d49258b5dbee819ec84288ba.png

Lightwatcher had been patrolling camp when he was swarmed by the nastiest bugs he had ever seen. He wasn't used to seeing bugs up in the mountain. Irritated, he swat at them, trying to kill them or chase them away, but they kept on swarming him.

Tiny pricks of pain were happening all over his body, and each one turned to a slight itch. Finally, the bugs left him, but he could hear more swarms in the grasses. 

Turtlemist tried to treat the bites best he could, and explained what the bugs were. He told Lightwatcher that in a few days he wouldn't be able to move around a lot or do much of anything. This would last for at least a couple moons. Great, now I'm even more useless! thought Lightwatcher.

• Sad 1

The First Predator Attack Moon 3

Shingingsun was pregnant with a rogue's child. Fernstar was not in the least bit pleased. "How did this happen if you did not permit it?"

"Well, a rogue approached me, and I thought he might want to join the clan, so I tried to talk to him. But then he asked me to come away with him. I refused, and he...bred with me." Shingingsun explained, some tears in her eyes, "I really didn't mean to burden the clan like this...and believe me I didn't want this to happen either! I had a mate all picked out and everything..."

Fernstar softened, "You'll still get that chance, after the kit is born." She was about to ask who the proposed mate was, but before she could something burst through the reeds, snarling.

It was the largest creature Fernstar had ever seen, and most menacing. She had no idea what it was, but its snarl was enough to nearly send her flying out of camp.

It was the end of the day, and Fernstar was tired, but she had to try and fight this thing, drive it out of camp. She hissed and fluffed her fur up, ready for battle. 

And suddenly, another cat was beside her. It was Lightwatcher. He was still sick, and he had run as fast as he could down to the battle. Now he looked too exhausted to fight. "Get out of here!"

He shook his head, "I'm not missing the first battle. Especially when I can do nothing else." But his eyelids were already heavy.

"Lightwatcher," said a gentle voice beside Fernstar, "please, you must go. You musn't get yourself killed!" It was Shiningsun. She must be in love with Lightwatcher! Fernstar realized with a jolt.

Lightwatcher growled at something, but it was past the predator charging toward them now. Shiningsun noticed.

"You must go too, Shiningsun!" Fernstar yelled.

"No," she suddenly said, "if he stays I stay. And we have to. What he just growled at is the male that got me," Lightwatcher looked shocked and then had an anger in his eyes, "if we aren't careful it'll get you too!"

"I should go..." he stifled a yawn.

"It's too late. And avenging me is a horrible idea. We can't let him get Fernstar!" yowled Shiningsun.

Suddenly, the predator was upon them. The three cats hissed and clawed him in unison. Forgetting about everything else.

1547352496_Screenshot-9_15_20219_20_47AM.thumb.png.aee6ce1a7f1758f5be200d67bb76b60c.png

The male on the beach ran from the fight like the coward he was. Shiningsun noticed.

"You must go!" yowled Fernstar again.

"Yes," said an exhausted yet wired Lightwatcher. She noticed his scratches were very weak and missed half the time. He could die if I leave him here!

"Leave, and that's an order! You're the only queen the clan has!" growled Fernstar.

Finally, Shingingsun listened to her leader, the male was gone. He wouldn't get her now. She sprinted after Turtlemist who was evacuating from camp. Where's Redfish and Rootclaw? Are they still out fishing while camp is being attacked?

1829886806_Screenshot-9_15_20219_22_45AM.thumb.png.8c2c223716400b9f085c0e8fea2537f4.png

Rootclaw and Redfish arrived as soon as Fernstar and Lightwatcher started to retreat. Rootclaw took it upon himself to guard Lightwatcher and help him back to camp.

Redfish got the much more dangerous job of staving off the bearyena. The creature continued to follow us as we retreated. And so, Redfish had to take it down. And surprisingly, he was able to! Rootclaw and Lightwatcher sustained serious injuries. Redfish remained unscathed!

1701427582_Screenshot-9_15_202110_00_37PM.thumb.png.761cabc58c008b25dfe4005f781626c4.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Modiano said:

I ship Rootclaw and Lightwatcher, who doesn't love a good enemies to lovers story?

I just think Shiningsun fell in love way too early, they've known each other for a month

(They knew eachother for a few months actually. I know it's soon but there's a real possibility cats could start dying soon so i gotta make CHILDREN. 

Also I rolled for who is attracted to who. 

Also, I want to have decdendants of each of the clans so if we don't find any queens mateship won't be a thing for at least one of them poor Fernstar will probably have to bear this)

7 minutes ago, Hydropuff said:

What are your settings btw? I always end up making mine too harsh or too easy. :<

Babies: 2 days

Child: 4 days

Teen: 12 days

Adult: 80 days

Pregnancy duration: 3 days

I did them according to Ultimate Warrior Cats Challenge 3. 

• Paw up 1

Sickness Moon 5

The clan had been weak in the aftermath of the attack that had driven them from their old camp. Most of them hadn't eaten for days, and were very susceptible to the sickness carried by the mosquitos.

Further in-land and near a river, they had finally found prey. Fernstar hunted as much as she could, being the only warrior near camp.

But soon, she came down with the sickness herself. She became gravely ill, more than all the others. Turtlemist moved her into his den and tried his best to look after her, but his attentions were divided. Lightwatcher and Shiningsun also had the illness, and Shiningsun was expecting kits soon.

Redfish had gone back out to bring back the rest of the meat of the predator that he couldn’t carry in the first trip, and hadn’t been back to camp since. The clan feared the deputy was dead, but Fernstar refused to appoint a new deputy unless it was confirmed.

Fearing for her first life and having received a dream from Star Clan which revealed to her that the heritage of all 5 clans must be represented, she crawled out of the den to summon Turtlemist back.

Turtlemist looked startled and concerned, “What are you doing outside of my den? You should be resting!”

“I needed to tell you something,” she croaked back, “before I forget it…” or worse. I’ll have another life, but who knows how much a cat forgets when they die? Then she realized with a jolt that she had experienced it before, in the ocean. I’m in much more danger of this illness causing me to forget...or doing so as I sleep. I nearly forgot that one of my lives had been used before I became leader! She had told no-one this except Turtlemist. She told the clan the correct number of lives, but said it was probably just because she had received them in a dream instead of a physical moonstone.

Turtlemist was beside her now, nudging her back into the den, “I’ll come,” he said.

Fernstar nodded and stumbled her way back inside.

A moment later, Turtlemist padded into the den, “What did you want to tell me?”

Star Clan has revealed to me that the lineage of all five clans must be represented in Remnant Clan,” rasped Fernstar.

Turtlemist’s eyes flashed, “Including Swamp Clan?”

Yes,” Fernstar said, her eyes shifting to the ground. Turtlemist had no idea how she felt about him, and she knew he was a good medicine cat, loyal to Star Clan and the Warrior Code.

Are you asking me to have kits with you?” she could see anger in his eyes for the first time since she’d known him.

If I get better...or loose a life before you get too old,” she mewed, “otherwise Shiningsun would have to put aside her mateship with Lightwatcher for a little longer.” Fernstar hated the thought of hurting her friend in that way. She had been willing to have the rogue child, but to ask her to kit with someone she didn’t love again? Besides, the thought of Turtlemist with anyone else made her jealous. But it must be done if necessary for the good of the Clan.

I will not!” he hissed, “It is against the code and my own principals.” This made Fernstar’s headache act up, and she flinched

I know,” Fernstar managed, “but you might be the last Swamp Clan cat alive…”

Turtlemist turned away, “I must inquire of Star Clan.”

Very well,” said Fernstar.

Turtlemist didn’t even look at Fernstar as he trudged to the other side of the den.

Fernstar couldn’t help herself from falling asleep, but just before she drifted into unconsciousness, but just before she did she heard groans and yowling from elsewhere in the camp. She tried to open her eyes, but she simply couldn’t. So she drifted off into sleep.

834342425_Screenshot-9_15_202110_01_50PM.thumb.png.db8423cb7c32fb8f21c58b9174ffd2ff.png

Lightwatcher looked down at the squirming kit. He had been so horrified watching his mate-to-be kitting. She looked in such agony and had screamed frequently. Now she was quite weak.

It was a hard kitting,” commented Turtlemist, “but she’ll survive. And the kit appears to be healthy.”

Lightwatcher couldn’t help but feel hostility toward Turtlemist, how could he be so nonchalant? But Turtlemist said, “Keep an eye on her and yowl for me if anything happens.” With that he wondered away. Lightwatcher felt hostility toward him again, he’s needed here! What could possibly be so important for him to leave? But when he saw him going into his own den, he assumed he must be tending to Fernstar, of course he’d be doting on the clan leader! But she’s got 6 lives, Shiningstar only has one!

Lightwatcher crouched next to Shiningsun and groomed her. “Shiningsun,” he gently mewed.

The she-cat opened her eyes and saw the kit suckling. “Oh, my kit!” She said, and began to lick it.

Lightwatcher felt a pang of jealousy. This was a rogue’s kit. A rogue who didn’t even have the decency to stick around and provide for its own offspring. And the love shining in her eyes...it wasn’t for their kits. It was for a kit that shouldn’t even be here. His tail lashed once and twitched. But if Shiningsun loved it...well...he couldn’t ever love it himself, but at least he would try and be friendly. At least he wouldn’t be outright mean or do something stupid like try and hurt it. The kit was here to stay. He just hoped that once she had their kits she forgot about this scrap of fur.

[(ALSO I already picked out a name for the kit but I forgot to ask here for suggestions first so I am open to changing their name. If you guess the current name I will give you the right to pick the life wish of the next rogue or kit born! Hint: It has something to do with the post.)]

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

Sickness Moon 5

The clan had been weak in the aftermath of the attack that had driven them from their old camp. Most of them hadn't eaten for days, and were very susceptible to the sickness carried by the mosquitos.

Further in-land and near a river, they had finally found prey. Fernstar hunted as much as she could, being the only warrior near camp.

But soon, she came down with the sickness herself. She became gravely ill, more than all the others. Turtlemist moved her into his den and tried his best to look after her, but his attentions were divided. Lightwatcher and Shiningsun also had the illness, and Shiningsun was expecting kits soon.

Redfish had gone back out to bring back the rest of the meat of the predator that he couldn’t carry in the first trip, and hadn’t been back to camp since. The clan feared the deputy was dead, but Fernstar refused to appoint a new deputy unless it was confirmed.

Fearing for her first life and having received a dream from Star Clan which revealed to her that the heritage of all 5 clans must be represented, she crawled out of the den to summon Turtlemist back.

Turtlemist looked startled and concerned, “What are you doing outside of my den? You should be resting!”

“I needed to tell you something,” she croaked back, “before I forget it…” or worse. I’ll have another life, but who knows how much a cat forgets when they die? Then she realized with a jolt that she had experienced it before, in the ocean. I’m in much more danger of this illness causing me to forget...or doing so as I sleep. I nearly forgot that one of my lives had been used before I became leader! She had told no-one this except Turtlemist. She told the clan the correct number of lives, but said it was probably just because she had received them in a dream instead of a physical moonstone.

Turtlemist was beside her now, nudging her back into the den, “I’ll come,” he said.

Fernstar nodded and stumbled her way back inside.

A moment later, Turtlemist padded into the den, “What did you want to tell me?”

Star Clan has revealed to me that the lineage of all five clans must be represented in Remnant Clan,” rasped Fernstar.

Turtlemist’s eyes flashed, “Including Swamp Clan?”

Yes,” Fernstar said, her eyes shifting to the ground. Turtlemist had no idea how she felt about him, and she knew he was a good medicine cat, loyal to Star Clan and the Warrior Code.

Are you asking me to have kits with you?” she could see anger in his eyes for the first time since she’d known him.

If I get better...or loose a life before you get too old,” she mewed, “otherwise Shiningsun would have to put aside her mateship with Lightwatcher for a little longer.” Fernstar hated the thought of hurting her friend in that way. She had been willing to have the rogue child, but to ask her to kit with someone she didn’t love again? Besides, the thought of Turtlemist with anyone else made her jealous. But it must be done if necessary for the good of the Clan.

I will not!” he hissed, “It is against the code and my own principals.” This made Fernstar’s headache act up, and she flinched

I know,” Fernstar managed, “but you might be the last Swamp Clan cat alive…”

Turtlemist turned away, “I must inquire of Star Clan.”

Very well,” said Fernstar.

Turtlemist didn’t even look at Fernstar as he trudged to the other side of the den.

Fernstar couldn’t help herself from falling asleep, but just before she drifted into unconsciousness, but just before she did she heard groans and yowling from elsewhere in the camp. She tried to open her eyes, but she simply couldn’t. So she drifted off into sleep.

834342425_Screenshot-9_15_202110_01_50PM.thumb.png.db8423cb7c32fb8f21c58b9174ffd2ff.png

Lightwatcher looked down at the squirming kit. He had been so horrified watching his mate-to-be kitting. She looked in such agony and had screamed frequently. Now she was quite weak.

It was a hard kitting,” commented Turtlemist, “but she’ll survive. And the kit appears to be healthy.”

Lightwatcher couldn’t help but feel hostility toward Turtlemist, how could he be so nonchalant? But Turtlemist said, “Keep an eye on her and yowl for me if anything happens.” With that he wondered away. Lightwatcher felt hostility toward him again, he’s needed here! What could possibly be so important for him to leave? But when he saw him going into his own den, he assumed he must be tending to Fernstar, of course he’d be doting on the clan leader! But she’s got 6 lives, Shiningstar only has one!

Lightwatcher crouched next to Shiningsun and groomed her. “Shiningsun,” he gently mewed.

The she-cat opened her eyes and saw the kit suckling. “Oh, my kit!” She said, and began to lick it.

Lightwatcher felt a pang of jealousy. This was a rogue’s kit. A rogue who didn’t even have the decency to stick around and provide for its own offspring. And the love shining in her eyes...it wasn’t for their kits. It was for a kit that shouldn’t even be here. His tail lashed once and twitched. But if Shiningsun loved it...well...he couldn’t ever love it himself, but at least he would try and be friendly. At least he wouldn’t be outright mean or do something stupid like try and hurt it. The kit was here to stay. He just hoped that once she had their kits she forgot about this scrap of fur.

[(ALSO I already picked out a name for the kit but I forgot to ask here for suggestions first so I am open to changing their name. If you guess the current name I will give you the right to pick the life wish of the next rogue or kit born! Hint: It has something to do with the post.)]

Lightwatcher is not a good guy, red flags

• Like 1

A Changing of The Code Moon 6

Turtlemist had been sitting in his nest ever since he had woken up that morning, his eyes mostly blank, but with a hurt undertone. "What's wrong?" Fernstar rasped.

"Star Clan has finally spoken," he began, "they have changed the code."

"About medicine cats having kits?" Fernstar said as fast as she could with her sore throat.

"Yes," he dipped his head, reciting, "tom medicine cats may have kits if they have an apprentice or co-med cat."

"Not she-cats?" Fernstar asked.

"No," he spat, "having kits would debilitate them for days, maybe weeks. What if the clan needed them in that time? It's bad enough that toms will be distracted by their own kits now! Star Clan isn't that mouse-brained."

Fernstar was taken aback by her response, but she forced herself to have composure, "We will have kits them, as soon as I'm well enough to have them."

"I still need an apprentice," he growled, and she thought she could see a rebellious glint in his eyes.

"What about Bugkit?" she suggested.

"He would not be my first choice," admitted Turtlemist.

"Why not?" Fernstar's fur bristled at her friend's kit being rejected.

"He has the blood of no clan in him," said Turtlemist, before Fernstar could object he continued, "plus, no purr-snout or nimble fingers. He has no natural healing ability. And no apparent link to Star Clan."

"Well he might be the only choice," growled Fernstar, "he's the only kit and you're not getting any younger. Besides, his crippled paw may make warrior duties difficult for him."

Turtlemist said nothing.

"I know you don't want to be distracted from your duties at such a critical time," said Fernstar, "but it is the will of Star Clan for Swamp Clan to have blood in this clan."

"Fine," he hissed, "I won't drag this out 'till I die, but to me your kits will be just like any other clan cat. As far as I'm concerned, they'll have no father."

The words hurt Fernstar deeply, does he really hate the thought of me having his kits that much? He must not love me at all. Pain began radiating throughout Fernstar's head. She couldn't suppress a small scream as she tried to cover it with her bedding. She rocked front-to-back with pain. Her breath came out in gasps.

She heard paws scurrying away, and swiftly coming back, "Eat this," an urgent voice said, and something was shoved under her nose.

Fernstar grabbed the bundle of herbs in her mouth and started chewing. They tasted bitter, but she knew they would help, they had before. But for their heart and her spirit, there was no cure. She was wounded. The one she loved would never love her back, ever.

• Like 1

The Hallucinating Prophet Moon 7

Shiningsun's kit was batting her tail as he began to play. She purred at Bugkit. The young kit was growing well.

Shiningsun's mate watched from a distance. He never looked at the kit with warmth, only occasional concern. This worried her. But what could she do? It wasn't his kit, what could she expect? Bugkit had been the result of a rogue taking advantage of her, perhaps Lightwatcher was still angry with the kit's father.

Suddenly, Bugkit stopped playing. His fur puffed up, and he gazed, worried, at the camp wall.

The kit had done this before, when he was younger, and he had occasionally hissed at the undergrowth, but Shiningsun hadn't thought much of it. This time, she asked, "What's wrong?"

"Eyes," answered the kit, staring at nothing.

"Eyes?" Shiningsun was confused, "where?"

Bugkit didn't answer, only hissed, "Stay back!"

Shingsun looked around the clearing, worried. "We might be in danger!" she yowled.

Lightwatcher looked around, eyes narrowed, fur bristling. He padded over to Shiningsun, "I'll protect you," he murmured.

"Mom! Help!" a wail caused Shingingsun to turn back to her kit.

But nothing was there. The kit was hissing and wailing for help, he was backing up. Then he whirled around and hissed again. "What is he doing? Where's the danger?" Shingingsun detected annoyance in Lightwatcher's tone.

Shingingsun mewed softly to her kit, "Come, Bugkit," reaching out her paw to pull him close.

But he whirled around and clawed her with unsheathed claws. There was terror in his eyes.

Shocked, she withdrew her paw.

"Why you little snake!" hissed Lightwatcher, stalking up to the kit. He was enraged.

"Don't hurt him!" Shiningsun said with worry.

Lightwatcher didn't seem to hear her, his unsheathed claws glinting as he raised one to strike the kit. But suddenly, he was bowled over. Rootclaw had jumped at him, and now the two were clawing eachother in screeching fury.

"Stop this at once!" called a voice, Shiningsun looked to see Turtlemist.

Rootclaw got off of Lightwatcher, who shook himself off and glared at the tom before licking his wounds. 

"Why did you attack Lightwatcher?" Turtlemist demanded of Rootclaw.

"He was going to hurt Shiningsun's kit," replied Rootclaw, tail held high, hatred glinting in his eyes.

"Is this true?" asked a shocked Turtlemist.

"Yes," chocked out Shingingsun.

"The kit viciously clawed my mate when she was only trying to comfort him," Lightwatcher explained, "I was only going to teach him a lesson about respecting his mother."

"You could've killed the kit!" exclaimed Turtlemist, "It's so young and small still!"

Lightwatcher looked to Shiningsun, and she glared at him, "Turtlemist is right. Never, ever, touch Bugkit again. Don't even think of it," she growled.

"I'm sorry..." Lightwatcher muttered, "I won't do it again." Sorrow and repentance was rare for the male, so that gave Shiningsun a glimmer of hope. But still...could she really trust this male that would've killed her kit? Could she really love him again? She saw him in a cynical light now. 

Her silence seemed to cut right through him, his ears drooped, he shuffled his paws, tears shone in his eyes. But she couldn't bring herself to speak to him.

"What happened?" a faint croak of a voice cut through the silence.

Shiningsun turned, and was shocked to see a thin, battered, weak-looking Fernstar, "Oh, Fernstar! You look terrible!" she said, running over to give her a comforting lick, despite her whole body shaking.

"Don't worry about me," Fernstar sputtered, "I have 5 more lives after this one. What happened?" she repeated, "I need to know why my warriors were fighting amongst eachother."

"Lightwatcher attempted to attack Bugkit, and Rootclaw stopped him by fighting with him," explained Turtlemist.

Fernstar looked shocked and disappointed, "Why?" she angrily demanded of Lightwatcher.

"He attacked his mother," Lightwatcher muttered.

Fernstar turned to Shiningsun, "It's true," she reluctantly admitted.

"And why did he?" asked Fernstar, does she think I caused him to be angry at me? No, she trusts me, she's just trying to figure out how this happened to prevent it from occurring again.

"He...well he seemed to think he was being attacked by something, I think it unnerved him," Shiningsun explained.

"Or he thought you were that something," Turtlemist interjected, surprising Shiningsun.

"What? How could he?" she asked.

"Sometimes, when cats hallucinate, or see visions, things that are there are replaced by things that aren't," he explained.

Fernstar looked surprised, but pleasantly so, "You think it could've been a vision?"

"Or a hallucination," growled Turtlemist. Shiningsun was confused about their respective attitudes, shouldn't Turtlemist be happy if the kit had a connection to Star Clan?

"Keep a close eye on him," Fernstar ordered Shiningsun, "let us know if anything else strange happens." Shiningsun nodded, her spirits higher now that she figured her kit to have a connection to Star Clan.

Fernstar turned around and took a pawstep, and then turned back to Shiningsun, "And Shiningsun?"

"Yes?" she replied.

"I should hope you and Lightwatcher will work it out, despite his terrible temper and actions today. Like it or not, we will need Mountain Clan's strength in the future," Shiningsun suddenly felt angry toward her friend, and very frustrated.

"Yes Fernstar," she muttered through gritted teath. She glanced at Lightwatcher, and saw he was absolutely shocked, but a glint of hope shone. He turned away from her gaze, is that guilt? Or something else?

"Lightwatcher," said Fernstar sternly, "you must never hurt any kit, ever. It is the job of a mother and clan leader to punish kits. And I will not have kits be scratched and bitten as punishment in this clan as long as I am leader." Her tail swooshed back and forth as she said this.

"Yes, Fernstar," Shingingsun had never seen him be this obedient, ever!

1456253982_Screenshot-9_15_202110_14_56PM.thumb.png.2d131aa32803de20f2af813826e69359.png

Turtlemist padded across the clearing, he felt uneasy but didn't know why. He was headed toward an unfamiliar cat. He recognized them as a Star Clan cat, but not one from his clan. He felt a twitch of irritation, he hadn't spoken to a Star Clan cat of Swamp Clan since they came to this island, except for once when he had spoken to the dead leaders of all the clans. He didn't have anything against any of his new clan members or their clans, but he missed seeing familiar faces in his dreams.

Before he even reached the cat, they spoke, their voice identified them as a tom, "A tragedy has occurred. You must find out what happened, before the Remnant is shattered."

"How?" asked Turtlemist, but the tom didn't speak again. A dragonfly landed upon him, and a fly buzzed around Turtlemist's head. Then the clearing faded, and Turtlemist was awake.

It was early morning, he went over to check on Fernstar, she was still asleep. So he padded out into camp.

He remembered his dream, and wondered what it meant. He had to find out what the tom was talking about.

Then, he heard a mew, "It's right there!"

"I don't see anything," said a she-cat.

Turtlemist padded over, to see Bugkit pointing at a spot next to the river. His mother was next to him, looking exasperated. 

"What's going on?" asked Turtlemist.

"Bugkit says he sees a body!" exclamed Shiningsun.

Turtlemist remembered the things from his dream, the fly and dragonfly, "Maybe he does," he realized.

Bugkit proudly lifted his tail, "Can you see it?"

"No," said Turtlemist, "But it doesn't matter. Star Clan is showing it to you. Tell me what it looks like."

"It's just a pile of bones," said the kit, "with red stuff."

"No fur?" asked Turtlemist, a bit surprised.

The kit shook his head. "And there's water where it wasn't before, very loud water. And bigger than the river."

The ocean, "Is the river still there?"

"Yes," the kit answered, "there's two waters."

So we must follow the river to the ocean, thought Turtlemist

1830701779_Screenshot-9_15_202110_20_18PM.thumb.png.224db34af0eda39b23513790be283adb.png

• Like 2

The Deputy is Found Moon 7

Rootclaw had been sent on a mission by Fernstar to find the missing deputy, Redfish.

He had hunted before he went, and again on the way. His fresh-kill buried in the swampy earth, he set out again on his mission. He kept his ears pricked and breathed in scent every few few minutes, though the swamp scent still masked most things... 

Then, he heard something pushing through the reeds and brambles.

He whirled around, and heard a voice say, "Rootclaw?"

A red tom stood before him, "Redfish!" said Rootclaw with happy surprise. He had expected to find the deputy dead after all this time.

"It's so good to see you!" Redfish said, then he looked worried, "Where's everyone else?"

"At our new camp," said Rootclaw, "I was sent out to find you and bring you back there."

"Well let's get going," he said, and he turned and started dragging a very large chunk of meat.

"I'll help carry it," said Rootclaw, feeling bad for the tom who had dragged this all on his own so far.

Redfish nodded, "grab it then."

1829775897_Screenshot-9_19_20214_21_51PM.thumb.png.292b96deeeff05a4faa90fe4b3d5c6c3.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chiyanna said:

The Hallucinating Prophet Moon 7

Shiningsun's kit was batting her tail as he began to play. She purred at Bugkit. The young kit was growing well.

Shiningsun's mate watched from a distance. He never looked at the kit with warmth, only occasional concern. This worried her. But what could she do? It wasn't his kit, what could she expect? Bugkit had been the result of a rogue taking advantage of her, perhaps Lightwatcher was still angry with the kit's father.

Suddenly, Bugkit stopped playing. His fur puffed up, and he gazed, worried, at the camp wall.

The kit had done this before, when he was younger, and he had occasionally hissed at the undergrowth, but Shiningsun hadn't thought much of it. This time, she asked, "What's wrong?"

"Eyes," answered the kit, staring at nothing.

"Eyes?" Shiningsun was confused, "where?"

Bugkit didn't answer, only hissed, "Stay back!"

Shingsun looked around the clearing, worried. "We might be in danger!" she yowled.

Lightwatcher looked around, eyes narrowed, fur bristling. He padded over to Shiningsun, "I'll protect you," he murmured.

"Mom! Help!" a wail caused Shingingsun to turn back to her kit.

But nothing was there. The kit was hissing and wailing for help, he was backing up. Then he whirled around and hissed again. "What is he doing? Where's the danger?" Shingingsun detected annoyance in Lightwatcher's tone.

Shingingsun mewed softly to her kit, "Come, Bugkit," reaching out her paw to pull him close.

But he whirled around and clawed her with unsheathed claws. There was terror in his eyes.

Shocked, she withdrew her paw.

"Why you little snake!" hissed Lightwatcher, stalking up to the kit. He was enraged.

"Don't hurt him!" Shiningsun said with worry.

Lightwatcher didn't seem to hear her, his unsheathed claws glinting as he raised one to strike the kit. But suddenly, he was bowled over. Rootclaw had jumped at him, and now the two were clawing eachother in screeching fury.

"Stop this at once!" called a voice, Shiningsun looked to see Turtlemist.

Rootclaw got off of Lightwatcher, who shook himself off and glared at the tom before licking his wounds. 

"Why did you attack Lightwatcher?" Turtlemist demanded of Rootclaw.

"He was going to hurt Shiningsun's kit," replied Rootclaw, tail held high, hatred glinting in his eyes.

"Is this true?" asked a shocked Turtlemist.

"Yes," chocked out Shingingsun.

"The kit viciously clawed my mate when she was only trying to comfort him," Lightwatcher explained, "I was only going to teach him a lesson about respecting his mother."

"You could've killed the kit!" exclaimed Turtlemist, "It's so young and small still!"

Lightwatcher looked to Shiningsun, and she glared at him, "Turtlemist is right. Never, ever, touch Bugkit again. Don't even think of it," she growled.

"I'm sorry..." Lightwatcher muttered, "I won't do it again." Sorrow and repentance was rare for the male, so that gave Shiningsun a glimmer of hope. But still...could she really trust this male that would've killed her kit? Could she really love him again? She saw him in a cynical light now. 

Her silence seemed to cut right through him, his ears drooped, he shuffled his paws, tears shone in his eyes. But she couldn't bring herself to speak to him.

"What happened?" a faint croak of a voice cut through the silence.

Shiningsun turned, and was shocked to see a thin, battered, weak-looking Fernstar, "Oh, Fernstar! You look terrible!" she said, running over to give her a comforting lick, despite her whole body shaking.

"Don't worry about me," Fernstar sputtered, "I have 5 more lives after this one. What happened?" she repeated, "I need to know why my warriors were fighting amongst eachother."

"Lightwatcher attempted to attack Bugkit, and Rootclaw stopped him by fighting with him," explained Turtlemist.

Fernstar looked shocked and disappointed, "Why?" she angrily demanded of Lightwatcher.

"He attacked his mother," Lightwatcher muttered.

Fernstar turned to Shiningsun, "It's true," she reluctantly admitted.

"And why did he?" asked Fernstar, does she think I caused him to be angry at me? No, she trusts me, she's just trying to figure out how this happened to prevent it from occurring again.

"He...well he seemed to think he was being attacked by something, I think it unnerved him," Shiningsun explained.

"Or he thought you were that something," Turtlemist interjected, surprising Shiningsun.

"What? How could he?" she asked.

"Sometimes, when cats hallucinate, or see visions, things that are there are replaced by things that aren't," he explained.

Fernstar looked surprised, but pleasantly so, "You think it could've been a vision?"

"Or a hallucination," growled Turtlemist. Shiningsun was confused about their respective attitudes, shouldn't Turtlemist be happy if the kit had a connection to Star Clan?

"Keep a close eye on him," Fernstar ordered Shiningsun, "let us know if anything else strange happens." Shiningsun nodded, her spirits higher now that she figured her kit to have a connection to Star Clan.

Fernstar turned around and took a pawstep, and then turned back to Shiningsun, "And Shiningsun?"

"Yes?" she replied.

"I should hope you and Lightwatcher will work it out, despite his terrible temper and actions today. Like it or not, we will need Mountain Clan's strength in the future," Shiningsun suddenly felt angry toward her friend, and very frustrated.

"Yes Fernstar," she muttered through gritted teath. She glanced at Lightwatcher, and saw he was absolutely shocked, but a glint of hope shone. He turned away from her gaze, is that guilt? Or something else?

"Lightwatcher," said Fernstar sternly, "you must never hurt any kit, ever. It is the job of a mother and clan leader to punish kits. And I will not have kits be scratched and bitten as punishment in this clan as long as I am leader." Her tail swooshed back and forth as she said this.

"Yes, Fernstar," Shingingsun had never seen him be this obedient, ever!

1456253982_Screenshot-9_15_202110_14_56PM.thumb.png.2d131aa32803de20f2af813826e69359.png

Turtlemist padded across the clearing, he felt uneasy but didn't know why. He was headed toward an unfamiliar cat. He recognized them as a Star Clan cat, but not one from his clan. He felt a twitch of irritation, he hadn't spoken to a Star Clan cat of Swamp Clan since they came to this island, except for once when he had spoken to the dead leaders of all the clans. He didn't have anything against any of his new clan members or their clans, but he missed seeing familiar faces in his dreams.

Before he even reached the cat, they spoke, their voice identified them as a tom, "A tragedy has occurred. You must find out what happened, before the Remnant is shattered."

"How?" asked Turtlemist, but the tom didn't speak again. A dragonfly landed upon him, and a fly buzzed around Turtlemist's head. Then the clearing faded, and Turtlemist was awake.

It was early morning, he went over to check on Fernstar, she was still asleep. So he padded out into camp.

He remembered his dream, and wondered what it meant. He had to find out what the tom was talking about.

Then, he heard a mew, "It's right there!"

"I don't see anything," said a she-cat.

Turtlemist padded over, to see Bugkit pointing at a spot next to the river. His mother was next to him, looking exasperated. 

"What's going on?" asked Turtlemist.

"Bugkit says he sees a body!" exclamed Shiningsun.

Turtlemist remembered the things from his dream, the fly and dragonfly, "Maybe he does," he realized.

Bugkit proudly lifted his tail, "Can you see it?"

"No," said Turtlemist, "But it doesn't matter. Star Clan is showing it to you. Tell me what it looks like."

"It's just a pile of bones," said the kit, "with red stuff."

"No fur?" asked Turtlemist, a bit surprised.

The kit shook his head. "And there's water where it wasn't before, very loud water. And bigger than the river."

The ocean, "Is the river still there?"

"Yes," the kit answered, "there's two waters."

So we must follow the river to the ocean, thought Turtlemist

1830701779_Screenshot-9_15_202110_20_18PM.thumb.png.224db34af0eda39b23513790be283adb.png

I don't care if they need "Mountainclan's strength" they should break up right away. And if Fernstar is so worried about that, she can have his kits. He's been throwing red flags left and right!

1 hour ago, Modths are butterflies said:

I don't care if they need "Mountainclan's strength" they should break up right away. And if Fernstar is so worried about that, she can have his kits. He's been throwing red flags left and right!

(True, Fernstar is being a bit selfish. Though she does have to have the kits of Turtlemist, Rootclaw, and maybe Redfish still so...
plus neither Redfish nor Rootclaw are interested in Shiningsun

I already played ahead too. I do fell like I made a mistake story-wise, but the game keeps throwing things at me that keep me focused on simply surviving. We would've starved to death by now if I hadn't rolled for fresh-kill when warriors go out to hunt. AND THE DARNED SLEEPING SICKNESS WHY (it's even worse since I roll for how bad it is (i.e. if it does damage as well as sleeping.)

I really wanna move islands and I just realized I can't rlly have litters with a pregnancy duration of 3 days so I might recreate the save (with all the cats that came to the new island). And the nearest port is a snow island port so there's that too. OK Imma stop ranting and let the story speak for itself now)

Curse of The Rain Moon 7

By the time Redfish and Rootclaw got back to camp, it was raining. They had been traveling all day, and Redfish was yawning [as aptly demonstrated by his closed eyes]. They walked past the nursery, and Shiningsun looked at them as they entered, "Redfish!" she exclaimed, "You're alive!"

Redfish chuckled, "I'm far too stubborn to die! Look at what I brought back with me, too."

As Shiningsun noticed the chunk of meat, Rootclaw saw movement out of the corner of his eye. He turned to see Lightwatcher slinking over. "Redfish," he purred, "it's good to have you back." 

Rootclaw couldn't help but growl, "And you should you care?"

"He's our deputy?" hissed Lightwatcher, "Isn't that reason enough?" Seeing Shiningsun glaring at him, he stopped hissing, "but he's also a good warrior. Good hunter and fighter. Our clan is stronger with him."

And weaker with you around to cause trouble, thought Rootclaw, but he kept the thought to himself.

Shiningsun worriedly looked at the sky, "Looks like it'll be raining for a while," she murmured.

"And rain brings the bug swarms again," Redfish voiced the concern of all of them. But he only had a glint of worry in his determined eyes.

Bugkit poked his head out from underneath his mother, "I want to meet the deputy!" he shivered as a drop of rain fell on his head.

"And who's this?" Redfish asked fondly.

Lightwatcher's tail was swishing back and forth, and Rootclaw kept a close eye on him.

"This is Bugkit," purred Shingingsun, "you were here when I was expecting him, but he was born after you went missing."

Redfish nodded. For a moment, Rootclaw wondered what he had been doing gone so long. He had been so busy getting him and the meat back to camp...he had forgotten to ask, "What delayed you coming back to camp?"

"On my way back I ran into multiple bug swarms...and I couldn't avoid them, especially dragging that meat chunk. I grew ill. The sickness seems to make you weak and sleepy, with occasional headaches. And if you eat much you end up throwing up. It saps the energy out of your body in any way possible," explained Redfish.

"I know that," agreed Lightwatcher, "I've had it multiple times. I hate being that weak. It must've been difficult for you, knowing we were all counting on you but unable to do anything."

Redfish nodded, but Rootclaw glared at the tom, stop trying to endear yourself to the deputy! He nearly hissed it aloud, but figured he better not. Lightwatcher gave him an angry glance, but then looked away.

153861895_Screenshot-9_19_20214_28_41PM.thumb.png.dc0291a07bbacbec3d39118169dd734d.png

"We must go looking for the body!" insisted Turtlemist, "Star Clan has spoken, the future of the clan depends on it! Now that Redfish is back, you have no excuse."

"I understand the importance," said Fernstar, "but Redfish needs to rest after his exhausting journey. Rootclaw must remain in camp for now until Redfish can keep an eye on Lightwatcher." Fernstar didn't really trust the tom, but she had to keep him in the clan and ensure he had kits...or risk the wrath of Star Clan. Since she had taken ill, she had been visited by them 3 times, all the same message. Keep all 5 clans alive...or doom would follow shortly. One of them had been a terrifying and vivid demonstration that Fernstar couldn't quite remember. So she had Rootclaw keep an eye on Lightwatcher, and when he wasn't here she sent Turtlemist to do it.

"Besides," she rasped, barely able to draw enough breath to speak, "have you forgotten my illness? And the rains have come, I smell them. You must remain here to take care of those who become sick like me."

"To prevent it would be better," Turtlemist spoke boldly.

"And how do you suggest we do that? Abandon our camp like last time?" Fernstar challenged between gasps of breath.

"It may be for the best," he said, "the pools of water within our camp are sure to produce bugs as the rains progress."

"That may be," said Fernstar, closing her eyes. Her headache had come again, and it ended the conversation.

• Like 1
  • Love 1