Stray Fawn Community

Remnant Clan (A warrior cats challenge playthrough)

Chiyanna

Attack of the Sleeping Sickness II Moon 8

The rains came with barely any stop for a month, like before. And soon, swarms of bugs had populated the camp.

As flew into the nursery, Shiningsun crouched protectively over her kit, hissing fiercely, but they weren't deterred. They swarmed her, biting her all over. She faintly saw a white shape, swiping at them and biting them out of the air, but it was no use. Both she and Bugkit were being eaten alive. Then, suddenly, she stopped being bitten, and heard them flying away. 

She was shaking and mewling like a kit, eyes shut. Somebody started licking her. She relaxed, letting herself be groomed, starting to purr, until she opened her eyes. The one grooming her was Lightwatcher. She had loved him once...but he was a violent cat. Fernstar had ordered her to try and mend their relationship, but she couldn't help but hate the leader for even suggesting it.

Shiningsun staggered to her feet, backing away, "You...you don't love my kit. You don't even tolerate him. You tried to kill him!"

"I...I didn't know what I was doing in that moment. I was enraged, in protection mode...I would've killed him," it was the first time she had heard him admit it.

"I don't care if you were trying to protect me," she growled, though, in a way she felt bad fo him. We had a life together all planned out. She felt grief for their lost relationship, but she knew she could never trust or love him enough now.

He stayed silent. She turned to check on her kit, and found him shaken, and already weakened. "Mom," he said, scared, "will they be back?"

"No," purred Shiningsun comfortingly, "they're gone now." She curled around him.

But then, she heard a faint buzzing, and it got louder, will they come back and drain the rest of our blood? she wondered, frightened.

Redfish burst into the nursery, "The bugs are too bad! We must evacuate camp!" His face fell as he spotted the queen and her kit.

"They've already been here," said Shingingsun, "We'll surely fall ill soon."

Redfish nodded, and turned to Lightwatcher, "They haven't got you yet. You must leave before they do?"

"And who will watch them?" he growled, flicking his tail in the direction of Shiningsun and her kit.

"Maybe Fernstar," said Redfish, "she's still sick with it from last time."

"And just getting over it," Lightwatcher pointed out, "I'll stay and guard them."

Distrust flickered through Redfish's eyes, "I'll ask Fernstar, why don't you come stand outside the nursery?"

Lightwatcher narrowed his eyes, but nodded. 

1560837697_Screenshot-9_19_20214_37_51PM.thumb.png.34d9c00f2fb62d59b56d7ae0d1d61e0f.png

Lightwatcher stood at the entrance of the nursery, and every time a stray bug passed he killed it, but there weren't many. Most of them were in swarms which were currently buzzing outside the camp. 

And then, a giant swarm came in the entrance. Lightwatcher stayed where he was, baring his teeth. But it was no good. They came right for him! He would have to run to avoid being bitten and catching the sickness. But he couldn't and he wouldn't. Even if she doesn't love me, I'll protect Shiningsun until the day I die. He realized how irrational, and how weak that was. But he didn't care anymore. He tried to kill the bugs as they bit him, determined, but he only got a few.

A few minutes later Fernstar came to him, Redfish at her side, "Looks like they've already got you." The leader wasn't as weak as she had been the last few moons.

Lightwatcher nodded.

Fernstar sighed, "Well, I suppose you yourself will become ill soon, and immune from the bugs."

"Does that mean I can stay?" Lightwatcher asked.

Fernstar thought a minute, bugs beggining to swirl around her and Redfish, "Fine, but when we return, Shiningsun and Bugkit had better be alive and well. Or I will order you killed."

Lightwatcher was taken aback, did she really think he would lay a paw on Bugkit again? Or murder the love of his life? That wasn't really shocking, however, Fernstar had never trusted him. What was shocking was the threat. He had not thought Fernstar a leader who would punish by death. And to voice it in front of her deputy?

He could barely manage a nod, trying to keep from showing his emotions.

1393030660_Screenshot-9_19_20214_45_27PM.thumb.png.95ba413fe44a7d96525dc91a827fbaca.png

Shiningsun knew he was going to die. His illness had been mild, but with no medicine cat to help...weakened from hunger and previous illness and the battle with the predator that had attacked the camp long ago...

Since he had fallen ill, he had been protective and comforting, and Shiningsun hadn't shied away. He had even been kind to Bugkit for once. Perhaps he knew he was going to die, and soon.

Lightwatcher woke from his fitful and shallow sleep with a burst of energy, "I love you," he said, rubbing his face against hers.

It was part feelings, part hormones, part Fernstar's words echoing in her head. They stumbled out of the nursery, both of them sick and weak...

1276197416_Screenshot-9_19_20214_30_24PM.thumb.png.a60b1bf84801a4518bae783f620acfcc.png

(ALSO IGNORE THE OTHER CATS I TRIED TO MAKE THIS MAKE SENSE BETTER STORYWISE OK)

Back in the nursery afterwards...Shiningsun realized that she was too weak to have kits, why did I do this? What came over me? I wasn't really in love with him! Was I? And does it matter if it kills us both? She hoped to Star Clan that she wasn't actually pregnant...but deep down she knew.

• Like 2

Meanwhile Moon 8

1206601155_Screenshot-9_19_20214_37_06PM.thumb.png.280be54444cd53f9ff9d19968e284d69.png

Rootclaw scouts ahead of the retreating group, Turtlemist and Redfish not far behind.

1446636225_Screenshot-9_19_20214_40_48PM.thumb.png.4da48326aa55befc1059312f787f5165.png

Rootclaw reaches the beach, and finds a rotting body right where Bugkit's vision indicated it would be. He sees a rogue looking anxiously at him from the water before retreating into the shadows. Immediately he grows suspicious.

"Hello?" he calls to the rogue, chasing after him.

The rogue ignores him and continues to run.

1836760739_Screenshot-9_19_20214_41_46PM.thumb.png.6d4c90bb1a04dbed9d9d9fe687b31251.png

Turtlemist reaches the beach.

"Turtlemist! Cut that rogue off!" calls Rootclaw.

Turtlemist gives him an odd look, but complies, "What did he do?" he asks as the rogue is cornered.

"What did you do?" Rootclaw hissed at the rogue, "What do you know about that body over there?"

"No-nothing," the rogue stutters.

Rootclaw walked menacingly toward him, into the water, "I don't believe you!" he growled.

876146406_Screenshot-9_19_20214_46_16PM.thumb.png.6ae83b255ae6e6d07ee14dd55260e711.png

"You're right not to!" screeched a voice behind Turtlemist.

He turned to see a white she-cat. She looked afraid.

"Why not?" asked Turtlemist, calm as ever.

"I saw him," she said, shaking, "he killed a young tom!"

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

(True, Fernstar is being a bit selfish. Though she does have to have the kits of Turtlemist, Rootclaw, and maybe Redfish still so...
plus neither Redfish nor Rootclaw are interested in Shiningsun

I already played ahead too. I do fell like I made a mistake story-wise, but the game keeps throwing things at me that keep me focused on simply surviving. We would've starved to death by now if I hadn't rolled for fresh-kill when warriors go out to hunt. AND THE DARNED SLEEPING SICKNESS WHY (it's even worse since I roll for how bad it is (i.e. if it does damage as well as sleeping.)

I really wanna move islands and I just realized I can't rlly have litters with a pregnancy duration of 3 days so I might recreate the save (with all the cats that came to the new island). And the nearest port is a snow island port so there's that too. OK Imma stop ranting and let the story speak for itself now)

It's not that they're having kits because they like someone, but because Starclan said so. I think you should restart, maybe with 1 day pregnancy. Then you could roll for a litter between 1 to 4, 1 you wait 3 days before giving birth, 2 for 2, and immediately for 3 and 4. Then you can make them all the same age. As for an island, i feel that Swampy Hills would be better. Or Grass Mingle, I swear that island has strategically placed swamps-

6 hours ago, Modths are butterflies said:

It's not that they're having kits because they like someone, but because Starclan said so. I think you should restart, maybe with 1 day pregnancy. Then you could roll for a litter between 1 to 4, 1 you wait 3 days before giving birth, 2 for 2, and immediately for 3 and 4. Then you can make them all the same age. As for an island, i feel that Swampy Hills would be better. Or Grass Mingle, I swear that island has strategically placed swamps-

(I'm not going to restart completely, but I will travel to the next island and ask what island it is. Then I will remake the characters and start on whatever island it is. I am going to set pregnancy duration to 1 and then roll for the number of kits. I think I will always have a duration of at least 3 days to be realistic and have to protect the queen for that time. On the third day of pregnancy I will have the child be born then breed or use commands to have children be born on the subsequent days until the litter size is acheived. This is the way I do it in my Last Sabers playthrough and I had a total brainfart setting duration to 3 days. I may console the kits to be the same age or at least similair ages (where the youngest and oldest will only be one day apart instead of 4 or 5 days with 5 kits).)

1 minute ago, Chiyanna said:

(I'm not going to restart completely, but I will travel to the next island and ask what island it is. Then I will remake the characters and start on whatever island it is. I am going to set pregnancy duration to 1 and then roll for the number of kits. I think I will always have a duration of at least 3 days to be realistic and have to protect the queen for that time. On the third day of pregnancy I will have the child be born then breed or use commands to have children be born on the subsequent days until the litter size is acheived. This is the way I do it in my Last Sabers playthrough and I had a total brainfart setting duration to 3 days. I may console the kits to be the same age or at least similair ages (where the youngest and oldest will only be one day apart instead of 4 or 5 days with 5 kits).)

I meant that you could have the queen start giving birth as soon as possible but the kits wouldn't count as born until the third day. Then you would change everyone's age to be identical to the youngest, otherwise they'd become apprentices at different moons. If a kit died before the day of birht they could be considered stillborn. Also if a nicheling has been bred at least once then console pregnancies will take the genes from the father so you could potentially not have the father close to the mother every single second (not sure if it sticks with the first breeding)

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Modths are butterflies said:

I meant that you could have the queen start giving birth as soon as possible but the kits wouldn't count as born until the third day. Then you would change everyone's age to be identical to the youngest, otherwise they'd become apprentices at different moons. If a kit died before the day of birht they could be considered stillborn. Also if a nicheling has been bred at least once then console pregnancies will take the genes from the father so you could potentially not have the father close to the mother every single second (not sure if it sticks with the first breeding)

I noticed the thing with the console pregnancies too Mothd! I use it when the father is very far away and they have a particularly high number of kits

• Paw up 1

1 minute ago, Hydropuff said:

I noticed the thing with the console pregnancies too Mothd! I use it when the father is very far away and they have a particularly high number of kits

It's Mod not Mothd (I changed it because I somehow managed to make an inside joke with myself)

3 minutes ago, Modths are butterflies said:

It's Mod not Mothd (I changed it because I somehow managed to make an inside joke with myself)

mm i like mothd better /j x100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Modths are butterflies said:

Ah I see! That would make births go faster and happen on the correct day. Then queens couldn't do anything while they're pregnant but everything has trade-offs. I may go with rolling for it on each individual one afterall. 

1 hour ago, Hydropuff said:

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered this in the Saber's playthrough. I actually discovered it when Run had her rogue male cubs because the father was dead so I had to try and use console commands. Since this happened I used it again with Mimeme so that her mate could be away hunting so we wouldn't all starve. It will be quite useful in this playthrough as well! Does anyone know whether it goes with the last male that bred or the first ever one or does it go with neither if they breed with multiple males?

11 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

Ah I see! That would make births go faster and happen on the correct day. Then queens couldn't do anything while they're pregnant but everything has trade-offs. I may go with rolling for it on each individual one afterall. 

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered this in the Saber's playthrough. I actually discovered it when Run had her rogue male cubs because the father was dead so I had to try and use console commands. Since this happened I used it again with Mimeme so that her mate could be away hunting so we wouldn't all starve. It will be quite useful in this playthrough as well! Does anyone know whether it goes with the last male that bred or the first ever one or does it go with neither if they breed with multiple males?

I believe it is with the last male bred. That is how it was with me atleast, let me know if this works!

• Paw up 1

The Witness Moon 8

"What do you have to say now rogue?" growled Rootclaw.

"She's lying!" hissed the rogue.

"No," said the she-cat, "I heard growling and hissing and came to investigate. You two were fighting. And then, when you had him pinned and he pleaded with you to be let go, you sunk your teeth into his neck and killed him!" she was shaking. The story seemed genuine to Turtlemist.

"I'll rip you apart!" growled Rootclaw, starting for the rogue.

"Judgement is up to Fernstar," warned Turtlemist.

"I don't care! He should die on the same beach on which he took an innocent young life!" hissed Rootclaw.

"The clan leader decides that," growled Turtlemist, "or do Savanna Clan cats favor rogues' justice?"

Rootclaw's tail swished back and forth as he glared at Turtlemist. Just then, the rogue made a run for it down the beach.

Rootclaw ran after them, and bit one of their hind legs as they reached the grasses. But the rogue pulled free and disappeared from Turtlemist's view.

Rootclaw disappeared into the grasses and reeds too, and Turtlemist heard him hiss. 

"Did you say you have a leader?" asked the she-cat.

"Yes, we're members of a clan," answered Turtlemist, "we are a group of cats that follows a specific code and is guided by Star Clan."

She looked thoughtful, "I was once apart of a group. I'd like to be again. But you must protect me from that horrible tom."

"We protect all our members," replied Turtlemist, "especially from rogues."

She nodded, "And bring him to justice." It was clear to Turtlemist he had been deeply hurt by what she had seen. So he understood her request.

He nodded, "I'm sure Fernstar would agree. She must approve you and give you a new name." She was young, apprentice age, "and you may have to learn our ways under a mentor. All cats your age do."

The she-cat looked hopeful, "I'm Lenra. What's your name?"

"Turtlemist. I'm our medicine cat. I help the wounded and the sick to get better. And communicate the most with Star Clan."

She looked a tad bit confused, but mostly happy and excited. She will make a fine addition to the clan, and I'm sure Fernstar of all cats won't turn her away. 

Rootclaw came back looking angry and with tail drooping. "I lost him," he growled.

Lenra looked anxious at his announcement.

Turtlemist was quick to soothe her, "We'll find him, I'm sure. Or maybe he will never return, if he knows what's good for him."

1329222529_Screenshot-9_19_20214_47_53PM.thumb.png.126e1a41ca0e022a53ea2994553ca70c.png

Fernstar lost a life clawing brambles to help her clan escape the bugs btw. It's out of order so that's all I'm gonna say about that1237125143_Screenshot-9_19_20214_51_51PM.thumb.png.898d7fea0c2cfcc6e4f3271dfbaeea46.png

• Like 2

(also the pink guy is a random rogue male. I rolled for his personality and got that he is old fasioned, stutters, and his life wish is to fall in love. Thankfully, both Fernstar and Shiningsun are pregnant atm. Since he's a rogue male storywise he is not interested in joining us. He prefers to live alone and is thus more of a loner than a rogue by WC definitions)

• Like 1

So I just played what will hopefully be the last part on this island. I will be posting it in the next couple days. To help me remake it can you identify this port? I'm currently on a Sleepy Reeds Island and this appears to be some mountain or frost island port? Does anyone know which one?

2004666968_Screenshot-9_21_20213_08_54PM.thumb.png.e8de3227892c94637f706947f81b7752.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiyanna said:

So I just played what will hopefully be the last part on this island. I will be posting it in the next couple days. To help me remake it can you identify this port? I'm currently on a Sleepy Reeds Island and this appears to be some mountain or frost island port? Does anyone know which one?

2004666968_Screenshot-9_21_20213_08_54PM.thumb.png.e8de3227892c94637f706947f81b7752.png

It’s Frost lands

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

Chiyanna no not the Frost Lands! Maybe say it actually brought you to Summer Mountains

• Like 1
  • Love 1