Stray Fawn Community

Remnant Clan (A warrior cats challenge playthrough)

Chiyanna

13 hours ago, Modiano Ourania said:

I had forgotten Redfish needed the help of a dead guy to date the girl he liked. Anyway *shoves Redfish out of the way* Friendship ended with RemnantClan child raised by foxes is my new best friend 

Also yes let's all ignore the fact that Redfish made a deal with evil dead rogues to get a family... Tho unfortunately I don't think the evil dead rogue is gonna let him forget

Kits and Tensions Moon 24

(I know you're probably sick of moon 24 and want to move onto the next chapter of this story but this’ll be quick I promise...I mean, uh, hope)

1678275941_Screenshot-12_14_202211_01_51PM.thumb.png.10aeb546c34224e87961d61a32633053.png

“I can’t believe this mouse-dung!” huffed Turtlemist as he came into the medicine den. He was ablout to say more but then spotted Lonelykit huddled in the back of the den.

“Odd-snout,” Bugflight had found that the cat responded more readily to their fox-given name, “Can you step out of the den for a moment? Snowbridge should be out there waiting for you.”

“Only a moment, call me back in here soon,” the tom replied with some reservation, Bugflight had found that the cat was indeed a young tom.

“I will, I promise,” and with that assurance, Lonelykit got up and trotted out of the den.

“I’m sorry for barging in here like this, I forgot there for a minute that someone else would be in here. And you probably don’t want to hear about my problems anyway.” The old medicine cat made his way over to his fully trained apprentice, “I might as well help with sorting herbs while I’m here.”

Bugflight scooted over to make room for his mentor, “I’d be thrilled with the help. And your company. I don’t mind listening at all, you used to help me through my emotional rough patches.”

As Turtlemist settled down to sorting herbs he continued, “I just don’t know why my emotions are spilling out all the sudden. It used to be enough to mull it over in my own head. Now I can’t seem to sort things out, or push through them.”

“What’s happened?”

“I went to visit my kits in the nursery. I’ve been avoiding the nursery as much as possible ever since Fernstar settled in there, but I had to see them. I didn’t think I would care so much. But my heart warms whenever I’m around them. They love to listen to my stories and show off their knowledge when I quiz them. I even began to miss the little rascals pouncing on my tail.

“But I saw Fernstar glaring at me when I entered. I pressed on, not being one to let my nerves get to me, and she started making snarky comments about me as I tried to tell my kits a story. She even interrupted the story and said that I was lying about what happened. Then she told a version that frightened the kits and made StarClan seem evil! I couldn’t tolerate it so I spoke out against it and pretty soon we were having an argument right in front of the poor kits. Shiningsun was quite distressed and so were the kits, she tried her best to shield them from the argument, bringing them to the other end of the nursery and telling us to take our argument outside. Realizing Fernstar wouldn’t leave or quit it, I told her she should be ashamed of herself, and left.”

Fernstar arguing around kits? Making up awful stories about StarClan? That doesn’t sound like her at all. Has Rootclaw’s death made her a completely different cat? Will she never be the good leader she was again? But Bugflight decided not to voice these concerns aloud, “You two have had argumens before. When I was an older kit, and then young apprentice, you two seemed to have such a rocky relationship. But eventually you learned to work together well and accept eachother. Rootclaw’s death may have changed her, but I’m sure she’ll snap out of it.”

Yes, this has happened before,” said Turtlemist with intensity, “but that was different! That was over several issues of substance. And for the most part, I was wrong. It was StarClan’s will for me to have kits.” Turtlemist paused, and it looked like he was thinking about several different things before he spoke again, “Well, I guess the two instances do have something in common. Her broken heart. But before, she put the clan first. It may have soured our relationship but we still consulted, she still ran the clan, and she never let it boil over on anyone else.”

I’m concerned too,” admitted Bugflight, “but all we can do is hold tight and try and keep the clan together through this. And pray that she’ll snap out of it.”

Several excited squeaks and voices came from outside the medicine den, and Turtlemist stepped away from the herb piles to look out. “My kits are out in the center of camp! That’s terrifying and exciting all at once.”

I better call Lonelykit back in here,” said Bugflight with a cautious air. “Lonelykit!” After a few seconds he called out the other name, “Odd-snout!”

The young cat came trotting back into the den, “There’s pups out there! Pups that are a little odd, but that’s what mom said about me too.”

Kits,” corrected Bugflight, “and that’s what you are.”

Yeah, yeah. But can I play with them?” He looked out at the kits again, “Though they play rather strange.”

1678275941_Screenshot-12_14_202211_01_51PM.thumb.png.10aeb546c34224e87961d61a32633053.png

(Ignore Fernstar's head in the background)

Then Shiningsun came up to the entrance, “I brought the kits out into camp so you can be with them without Fernstar around. I also talked to her about what happened. She seems to be sorry about fighting in front of our kits, but she just isn’t willing to give up her hatred of you. I’m sorry about all this.”

It’s not your fault. You’re doing what you can. It must be hard feeling stuck in the middle.” Said Turtlemist as he walked out of the den.

Turtlemist!” called Bugflight.

Yes?”

Do you think it’s alright if Lonelykit plays some with your kits?”

Well he’s not really their age. He might hurt them accidentally. Maybe you should introduce him to the other apprentices.”

Yeah, you’re probably right about that.” It would be good for him to have friends more his own ageBut I don’t want to until Fernstar makes up her mind on whether he can stay.”

I wouldn’t hold my breath.”

We can let him play with them some, as long as he’s gentle, can’t we? The kits are now a few moons old. He’s not too much bigger than them,” butted in Shiningsun.

Well alright,” said Turtlemist after thinking a minute, “but you have to be there to direct him.”

Screenshot - 12_14_2022 , 11_02_19 PM.png

• Like 2