Stray Fawn Community

Near Extinction-A Niche plague and re-population roleplay

Chiyanna

3 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

Erixo

"I know you never wanted to be a healer. Now's your chance. You must be one since you will be the only one with the knowledge, but you will be a hunter too. And a leader, and a mother." she said this like it was the most important thing in the world.

Zlatko

(oh well nvm...i mean if you wait a minute his mother will be dead shortly. Most of the nichelings are just barely weaned so it wouldn't make sense if his mother was alreasy dead. I can age him up bit if you want so we can say his mother is already dead)

Erixo
Erixo was so shocked at what her mother said that she almost didn’t respond. 

“Wha-no! I just want to be one thing! And I don’t even have a mate! I don’t even want to be leader!

Zlatko

Zlatko suddenly felt anxious.

Where was mom?

Standing up, he began to look around.

44 minutes ago, FriendlyBearyena said:

Erixo
Erixo was so shocked at what her mother said that she almost didn’t respond. 

“Wha-no! I just want to be one thing! And I don’t even have a mate! I don’t even want to be leader!

Zlatko

Zlatko suddenly felt anxious.

Where was mom?

Standing up, he began to look around.

Erixo

Your mother sighed, the sound was barely recognizable, and it took her a minute to speak, when she did it was scratchy, "You need no mate. The children you are to be a mother to...they are here already. We visited them today. You must raise them. They are depending on you."

You could've sworn those children had their mother's with them already...what was she talking about?

Zlatko

It was so dark. You couldn't see much...but you heard somebody somewhere talking.

-Try to crawl toward the sound

-Call out

-Stay quiet and still

-Go back to sleep, nothing's happening that concerns you, right?

Just now, Chiyanna said:

Erixo

Your mother sighed, the sound was barely recognizable, and it took her a minute to speak, when she did it was scratchy, "You need no mate. The children you are to be a mother to...they are here already. We visited them today. You must raise them. They are depending on you."

You could've sworn those children had their mother's with them already...what was she talking about?

Zlatko

It was so dark. You couldn't see much...but you heard somebody somewhere talking.

-Try to crawl toward the sound

-Call out

-Stay quiet and still

-Go back to sleep, nothing's happening that concerns you, right?

Erixo 

Erixo, for the first time, was stunned into actual silence. Her skin was ice cold as she sucked in a shallow breath. 

How…?”

Erixo whispered.

Zlatko

Just as Zlatko stood up, he tumbled back down.

Crawling it was.

56 minutes ago, FriendlyBearyena said:

Erixo 

Erixo, for the first time, was stunned into actual silence. Her skin was ice cold as she sucked in a shallow breath. 

How…?”

Erixo whispered.

Zlatko

Just as Zlatko stood up, he tumbled back down.

Crawling it was.

Erixo

You were beggining to feel drowsy. You saw guilt etched on your mother's face, along with determination. She closed her eyes, "You will know soon enough. But there are more important things to tell you. You must remember the healing knowledge. You don't want it, I know, so pass it on. The sooner you teach someone else, the sooner you can be freed of being a healer. The tribe will need the knowledge, if not now, then someday."

Zlatko

You attempted to crawl, but didn't quite have the strength, and certainly not the technique!

3 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

Erixo

You were beggining to feel drowsy. You saw guilt etched on your mother's face, along with determination. She closed her eyes, "You will know soon enough. But there are more important things to tell you. You must remember the healing knowledge. You don't want it, I know, so pass it on. The sooner you teach someone else, the sooner you can be freed of being a healer. The tribe will need the knowledge, if not now, then someday."

Zlatko

You attempted to crawl, but didn't quite have the strength, and certainly not the technique!

Erixo 

“But…but…”

Erixo stuttered, sleepiness taking over. 

Zlatko 

Zlatko grumbled, burning with frustration. It looked so easy when the other one-gemmers did it… 

32 minutes ago, FriendlyBearyena said:

Erixo 

“But…but…”

Erixo stuttered, sleepiness taking over. 

Zlatko 

Zlatko grumbled, burning with frustration. It looked so easy when the other one-gemmers did it… 

Erixo

The last thing you heard before falling asleep was your mother's voice, "You must repopulate the islands. The plague has probably wiped everyone out. It is the destiny of this newly created tribe to restore nichelings to the numbers of before. Remember the healing knowledge. I love you."

Zlatko (he is a no-gemmed nicheling, unsure if you knew)

Your crawling efforts were to no avail. You heard splashing.

12 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

Erixo

The last thing you heard before falling asleep was your mother's voice, "You must repopulate the islands. The plague has probably wiped everyone out. It is the destiny of this newly created tribe to restore nichelings to the numbers of before. Remember the healing knowledge. I love you."

Zlatko (he is a no-gemmed nicheling, unsure if you knew)

Your crawling efforts were to no avail. You heard splashing.

Erixo 

Erixo fell to the ground, unconscious.

Zlatko 

Zlatko turned his head-the one thing he could do-towards the splashing.

1 hour ago, FriendlyBearyena said:

Erixo 

Erixo fell to the ground, unconscious.

Zlatko 

Zlatko turned his head-the one thing he could do-towards the splashing.

Zlatko

You caught a familiar scent...your mother. You heard more splashing...and then, slowly the scent dissapated.

18 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

@SafiraCoyfolf (ignore the last post respond to this one)

Mist 

You heard a splashing sound coming from somewhere...

-Wake up

-Ignore it and continue to sleep

@SafiraCoyfolf

3 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

Zlatko

You caught a familiar scent...your mother. You heard more splashing...and then, slowly the scent dissapated.

@FriendlyBearyena

These are the posts to each of you. I decided to combine them into one post. Respond when you're ready.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

Zlatko

Zlatko 

Zlatko struggled to calm his frayed nerves.

She’s probably just swimming, right?

Right?

On 9/29/2021 at 9:55 AM, Chiyanna said:

Mist newly gemmed one-gemmed nicheling:

You were in a deep sleep.

-Sleep

-Dream

Mist, in a deep sleep, dreamed of bunnles and stagmoles, only to jump awake to the sound of splashing water

[Ack, sorry for being kinda late here, I'm recovering from a nasty cold that leaves me not wanting to eat anything, cause my stomach rejects it, and just sleeping all day]

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, SafiraCoyfolf said:

Mist, in a deep sleep, dreamed of bunnles and stagmoles, only to jump awake to the sound of splashing water

[Ack, sorry for being kinda late here, I'm recovering from a nasty cold that leaves me not wanting to eat anything, cause my stomach rejects it, and just sleeping all day]

It was too dark to see anything. But your mother was no-where around.

[So sorry to hear! I'm praying for you to get better!]

Zlatko 

Zlatko struggled to calm his frayed nerves.

She’s probably just swimming, right?

Right?

The splashing continued for a few minutes. It got fainter evenually, and then stopped. You felt exhausted. But also very nervous.

38 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

The splashing continued for a few minutes. It got fainter evenually, and then stopped. You felt exhausted. But also very nervous.

Zlatko 

Zlatko’s nerve finally broke.

”MOM!”

He yelled out again, louder this time. 

“MOM!”

You felt as if the darkness...the silence...would swallow you. But there wasn't much you could do. Perhaps your mother was out of earshot, but she would be back in the morning, right?

-Cry yourself to sleep

-Try and calm down

-Attempt to crawl again

-Keep calling...

-Other

26 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

You felt as if the darkness...the silence...would swallow you. But there wasn't much you could do. Perhaps your mother was out of earshot, but she would be back in the morning, right?

-Cry yourself to sleep

-Try and calm down

-Attempt to crawl again

-Keep calling...

-Other

Zlatko 

Zlatko pushed all of his limited energy into his paws, and, through violent wriggling and kicking, moved about a inch. But he was so tired…

13 hours ago, FriendlyBearyena said:

Zlatko 

Zlatko pushed all of his limited energy into his paws, and, through violent wriggling and kicking, moved about a inch. But he was so tired…

Still, you no longer heard anything but the sound of waves lapping the shore rythmically.