Stray Fawn Community

Wandering (Warrior Cats Playthrough)

Katumai

"Brookmeadow told me you were expecting kits." Tinystar flicked an ear. "I didn't believe him at first."

Flamepelt stared at them silently.

"Annahjinn, huh? I didn't know you two were mates."

We aren't. Flampelt thought bitterly, flicking their eyes down to stare at their paws, twirling a piece of dry grass between them.

"Flamepelt," Tinystar sighed. "What...made you think this was a good idea? You're my deputy, you have responsibilities. And with Poppywater and Laketalon's litters coming soon as well, we're going to have a lot of mouths to feed."

The leader's tone softened.

"I'm worried about you."

Flamepelt didn't look up.

Tonystar sighed and went quiet, silently settling down next to their littermate and resting their chin on their stomach, purring soothingly in a way that made Flampelt's eyelids grow heavy.

1204397625_Screenshot(8181).thumb.png.e02c265c6843ca643ed93fb71e7ccf90.png

(for anyone confused, Annahjinn is the wanderer that Tinystar and Rainydawn ran into)

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

Laketalon narrowed her eyes at the kit, huffing. This sucks.

Minnownight was next to her, quietly staring at the little bundle of orange fur.

"I'm sorry..." He said quietly.

Laketalon lifted her head and raised an eyebrow. "What are you apologizing for?"

"I was there, I...should have helped you..." His voice cracked slightly at the end, and Laketalon sighed.

"You couldn't do anything, Minnownight. You're a medicine cat, you're not trained to fight off rogues. It wasn't your fault. I'll be okay, so stop sulking and cheer up, alright?" She nudged his shoulder, and he swallowed, giving her a slight nod. "Good, don't go crying on me."

Her brother was silent for another moment, before he gently plucked one of the dodomingo feathers stuck in his fur and pressed it to the kit, sticking it gingerly into the fur on the back of her neck.

"Um, what's her name?" 

"Snapkit."

1489254763_Screenshot(8186).thumb.png.b41ed5e938870eed3dc55b2da1bb2be2.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

not an update, but heres how i'd imagine all the characters if they were actual cats 

(i skipped Poppywater because I couldn't get her to look right for the life of me)

(also if anyone ever feels like drawing these guys I would like it if you used these designs instead of the nicheling ones)

In order: Tinystar, Flamepelt, Sunlight, Brookmeadow, Rainydawn, Lynxleaper, Brushtuft, Puddleheart, Minnownight, Laketalon, Flowerpaw and Snapkit

• Like 1
  • Eek! 2

Flamepelt lay quietly in their nest, exhausted, while Tinystar lay beside them, gently purring and grooming behind their ears.

After a long, stressful labor, three kits had been born-two toms and a she-kit. It hadn't been easy on Flamepelt, they small and thin and birthing three entire kits was going to be hard either way.

Annahjinn sat outside the nursery, having visited a while ago before he left to sit by the entrance.

A small drop of rain landed on Flampelt's nose, and they curled their tail tighter around the two quietly mewing kits at their side, gently licking the one who slept silently between their paws.

Considering the deputy's lack of communication abilities, Tinystar helped to name them, tossing out names for each while Flampelt either shook their head or nodded in agreement.

In the end, the three were named Scorchkit, Rinkit and Hollowkit.

1543250040_Screenshot(8187).thumb.png.09fa72f80a6cec2513d945196b0827b0.png

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Current Allegiances:

Leader: Tinystar-A small and lanky cream and white cat with bright green eyes

Deputy: Flamepelt-A small tortoiseshell cat with bright blue eyes

Medicine Cats:

Sunlight-A cream and white spotted tom with blue eyes

Minnownight-A dark red tom with fur covered in dodomingo feathers

Warriors:

Brushtuft-A big cream and gray tom with brown eyes

Puddleheart-A small ginger spotted tom with brown eyes

Brookmeadow-A gray and white spotted tom with long fangs

Lynxleaper-A brown spotted tom with green eyes

Apprentice, Flowerpaw

Rainydawn-A big and soft gray she-cat with amber eyes

Annahjinn-A strange golden and red tom with black eyes

Apprentices:

Flowerpaw-A sickly cream and white she-cat with black eyes

Queens:

Laketalon-A ginger she-cat with brown eyes, mother to a rogue's kit

Poppywater-A pink she-cat with black eyes, expecting Brushtuft and Puddleheart's kits

Flamepelt-Parent to Annahjinn's kits

Kits:

Snapkit-A small ginger she-cat with brown eyes

Hollowkit-A brown and red tom with black eyes

Scorchkit-A tan and red tom with black eyes

Rinkit-A brown and red spotted she-cat with black eyes

• Like 2

FLOWERFALL FATHER REVEAL?!?!?!?

Anyway, yeah, her dad wasnt anyone in the clan-he was a rogue named Sugar

Rainydawn met him out on patrol and after talking a bit, she mistook her desire to be his friend as attraction (she's actually ace/aro but she didnt know it back then), and so they became mates-kind-of-but-not-really

She was going to ask him to join the clan after she found out she was pregnant, but when she went out to find him he was already gone, and so she had to raise Flowerkit mostly by herself

1868453586_Screenshot(8269).thumb.png.05326a2e5e35a9f3da9d0751c62ae080.png

• Like 2
  • Paw up 1

Brookmeadow was out on patrol, investigating the grassy fields beyond their territory. The island was still unexplored in some areas, so why not go and make them explored?

Halfway in, something popped out in front of him, an he immediately got into a defensive position hissing.

"Woah!" A startled voice said, and Brookmeadow paused.

A pretty black and white she-cat stood in front of him, eyes wide in shock at his aggressiveness. His fur laid flat again, and he sighed.

"Sorry, miss! I thought you were a predator!"

The she-cat blinked, then gave him a small smile. "Oh, it's alright! But I'm no threat, promise! My name is Lisi."

949460930_Screenshot(8271).thumb.png.6298e9e00ee796c006de1113936bf746.png

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1

There was a small crowd in the nursery, the family all gathered by Poppywater's nest and fawning over the new litter.

There were two kits yet again, a tom and a she-cat. Minnownight had assisted with the birth since Sunlight insisted his mother would be more comfortable with him there, even though he was silently panicking the whole time.

Things turned out fine though.

"She looks like you, mama!" Snapkit chirped, gazing in wonder at the little orange kit curled up against Poppywater's side.

Laketalon hummed. "Yeah, I suppose she does." It felt...weird to be in the nursery with her own mother, but hopefully Snapkit would leave the nursery soon so she could return to her warrior duties.

After some time, Minnownight, Brushtuft and Puddleheart all left, leaving the newly named Applekit and Sparkkit in peace.

1183840252_Screenshot(8273).thumb.png.8ea532811f8197eaba0c2f2f82a06f40.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 10/6/2021 at 11:32 PM, Katumai said:

Flowerpaw completes her training and recieves her warrior name-Flowerfall.

(proud dad Lynxleaper in the back)

384621600_Screenshot(8270).thumb.png.076a9f66fe8f50e9c5f2af0707360f72.png

SO PROUD OF HER ❤️

• Like 2

• 2 months later...