Stray Fawn Community

Vaccine poll

MT26 - A Nicheling

Corona  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Have you gotten the COVID vaccine?

• Yes (at least first dose or both)
    • No, but I may get it
    • No, and I don’t think I will
  2. 2. What vaccine did you get? (If you got one)

• Pfizer
    • Moderna
    • Johnson and Johnson
    • Other (Sputnik V, Sinopharm, etc)
    • I don’t know

I respect others' opinions and choices in this matter but personally I think there are too many possible side effects to not counteract the possible pros. The vaccine only reduces the chance of a severe case of Covid, and I have a small chance of getting it let alone it being severe, so for me at least I think it'd be more likely to cause a sort of side effect than be helpful in the long run.

Note - The forum rules state that there are not to be any political discussions, so far this is peaceful so I'll let this topic continue but I'll watch it in case anything breaks out.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Sky said:

I respect others' opinions and choices in this matter but personally I think there are too many possible side effects to not counteract the possible pros. The vaccine only reduces the chance of a severe case of Covid, and I have a small chance of getting it let alone it being severe, so for me at least I think it'd be more likely to cause a sort of side effect than be helpful in the long run.

Note - The forum rules state that there are not to be any political discussions, so far this is peaceful so I'll let this topic continue but I'll watch it in case anything breaks out.

There's always a chance for side effects with vaccines. Still, If this is your opinion, stay safe and wash your hands!

• Like 1
  • Paw up 2

On 10/4/2021 at 2:19 AM, cookie -she,her- said:

and also i have no idea how old you have to be but im probably too young

where i am (The US) you have to be 12 or older

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sky said:

i am also slightly upset by the fact that you are against getting the vaccine

(/nm) also there arent that many side effects??

and the only side effects you can get (that i've heard of) is your body's natural reactions to building immunity to a virus?????????

(unless you have an allergy to the vaccine in which case that is absolutely fine)

Thats a good thing???

i dont??? i dont understand how it would harm you more than help you??

the side effects are pretty mild compared to other vaccine side effects

i just ??

why??? (/nm i swear)

• Like 1

Also it's very sad that vaccines are political.

Like, I get being against mandatory vaccines for dieaseases that are largely eradicated and could have harmful side effects, but being against non-mandatory vaccines for dieaseases that are killing people and mutating to be deadlier all the time? 

I think it's mainly due to certain political leaders... But there are legitimate concerns too. 

And that's all I'm going to say about that and I'm not going to be mad at people who have a different opinion than me, just voicing mine.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Sky said:

i like- you might have a small chance of getting it but you can still pass it on to someone who it could be lethal to if you did get it? sure the day after the vaccine might be sucky because it can make you feel sick but isn’t it worth it to protect other people?

• Paw up 2

6 hours ago, Mod the non-Mod said:

Actually, this is why I don't feel like actually having a conversation with you: if you decide this is against the rules, you can just shut it down and there's no one else to bring it back. Why should I talk to you when you can just... Delete it?

She literally said she'll leave it be unless there's a fight. Sky closes any threads with fights in them, not just the ones where she's part of the fight. She doesn't abuse her powers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flower -she-he- said:

i like- you might have a small chance of getting it but you can still pass it on to someone who it could be lethal to if you did get it? sure the day after the vaccine might be sucky because it can make you feel sick but isn’t it worth it to protect other people?

Exactly

• Paw up 2

I'm sad to say I'll have to close this now. Perhaps I was wrong in calling it political, but nonetheless, it is a topic prone to fights, and it seems I were right in assuming that. There isn't necessarily a fight in this thread yet, but it's a delicate topic and due to the comments already made following my response, I think it'd be best to close the thread now before it can become a true fight. I encourage you to PM Philo if you feel like this is the wrong decision; I support whatever she decides.

As A Nicheling said, we are welcome to express our differing opinions, whether we will get the vaccine or not. I knew my response may cause a spark, but I very carefully worded it so I would not offend anybody. I also hoped that the community might be forgiving, but perhaps I had too much faith in a community of children (including me, though many of you are younger).

I only shared my opinion. My intentions were only to share my opinion and allow others to share theirs, as well as warn the readers that I am monitoring the topic due to the high possibility of a fight. I didn't mean to cause a fight, only to keep one from happening.
I read your opinions and introduced mine peacefully. We don't need to pressure each other into getting (or not getting) the vaccine. I support everyone's individual rights to their own choice (in this matter, at least!).

Like I said above, please contact Philo if you have questions concerning my decision(s). I'd prefer not to continue the fight in my own PMs, but if you have non-pressuring matters you'd like to discuss, I'm fully open.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1

• Sky locked this topic