Stray Fawn Community

Restarting my old Warriors challenge: Bogclan

medicine cat

1 hour ago, medicine cat said:

DAY 157 / CHAPTER 11
CLAN MEMBERS:
LEADER - Owlstar - A red and tan tom, son of Skunktail and Petalsun. Formerly named Owllight.
DEPUTY - Swiftdeer - a clever and jolly she-cat; fastest in the clan.

MEDICINE CAT - Gardenpelt: a gentle, shy medicine cat with golden fur.
WARRIORS:
Dawnmouth - a bright orange male with dark mane. 
Yawnmuzzle: A quiet, bright ginger she cat.
Freegrove - A red, speckle-pelted male with a naive personality.
Ridgesworn - A bold and outspoken ginger tom. Son of Yawnmuzzle and Freegrove.
Mellowspring - a speckled red she-cat.
Caverndawn - a sand colored tabby she-cat.
Pridewolf - a dark red she-cat with blue eyes.

Primekit - An eccentric brown-furred tomkit with tan patches.

Primekit grows old enough to be an apprentice, and Caverndawn approaches him soon before he receives his apprentice name of Primepaw.
"So, Primekit, are you ready to become my apprentice?" asks Caverndawn, smiling. "You're going to be a great warrior."
"Not really..." admits Primekit, looking at his paws. 
"Don't be nervous," says Caverndawn.
"No, it's not that," says Primekit. "I want to be a medicine cat."
Shocked, Caverndawn flicks her ears forward. "A medicine cat?"
"Yes..." he says nervously, looking downward. 

Caverndawn cautiously takes Primekit into the medicine den, to ask Cedarpelt for help.
"I can take him in," says Cedarpelt with a smile. "He'll be called Primepaw. Medicine cat apprentice."

Primepaw grows into a qualified medicine cat and is renamed Primewhisker.
prime.PNG.3f231a6000efd84e56d24b710a6a0199.PNG
Shortly after, Gardenpelt dies.

Yawnmuzzle has a she-kit, who she names Finkit. Finkit is quiet and shy.
finiit.PNG.89e997e2187d05e91c864cdc97a5aeea.PNG
Pridewolf dies of old age.
Finkit grows into Finpaw, and is mentored by Cavernpaw.

Swiftdeer dies of old age. In mourning, Owlstar declares his new deputy to be Ridgesworn.

Cavernpaw one day approaches Owlstar shyly, her ears flattened.
"Owlstar... I have a question for you." She asks him to be her mate. Floored, Owlstar is taken aback; he's the leader of the clan and was always too focused on the clan to have kits. But he has never had kits of his own, so he agrees.

Finpaw is promoted to Finspeckle, a warrior.
finspeckle.PNG.132d0d76a2201e7fa426f3df2824e871.PNG
To the clan's surprise, Owlstar announces that he will be having a kit with Caverndawn.
Dawnmouth dies of old age.

Caverndawn is mentioned twice as still being called Cavernpaw. Cedarpelt is also not listed in these allegiances nor the next

love your story so far!! I'm glad Owlstar finally found a mate!

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

DAY 182 / CHAPTER 12
CLAN MEMBERS:
(Author's note; since i keep messing up and I think it would be a better visual anyway, I will now be showing clan members like this!)

BI2-UCPc-RTOrx.png

The clan finds themselves on a lush island with a variety of terrain, and plenty of bog-like land that the original founders of Bogclan called home. Letting the wind brush through his coat, Owlstar feels inspiration in his chest as he looks upon the land. Is this what his ancestors intended?

Caverndawn suggests the two have another kit, and Owlstar agrees. Caverndawn has Swiftkit, named after Caverndawn's mother and Owlstar's former deputy. Like her mother and grandmother, she is fast, but is much more bold and impulsive then those before her. She specifically admires her older sister, Skipbrush, and her father. The quiet Caverndawn tries to discipline her properly, but this often leads to tension between her and her mother despite Caverndawn's best intentions. Her rash behavior irritates Skipbrush, and Skipbrush fears being asked to mentor her in fear the kit would get herself hurt and it be Skipbrush's fault.
swift.PNG.0de59c8093b19a0c6b24e4986feca6b2.PNG

Finspeckle is attacked by a bearyena and killed.

Swiftkit is promoted to Swiftpaw, and is mentored by Covehollow.
"Do you think you can handle her?" asks Caverndawn, flattening her ears.
"I worry about her, but I do think she has potential to become a great warrior," he says. "It'll be fine."
Swiftpaw does develop a friendship with Covehollow, but retains her rebellious nature. He nuzzles her with pride when she turns into a warrior. She is renamed into Swifttremor due to her quick feet and unpredictable nature.

However, over the next few moons, Swifttremor begins to speak less to her clanmates, as if she is hiding something. This concerns the clan.
swifttremor.PNG.08052fe8c38da6c4e7c4fcbdfdba65ca.PNG

Meanwhile, Covehollow is attacked by a bearyena, but his life is saved by Skipbrush and he is left with a scar over his right eye.

One day, unexpectedly, Swifttremor brings a strange he-cat in her jaws. The kit is hers. Considering no one in the clan is her mate, they are bewildered, before coming to find that Swifttremor had a kit with a rogue. She names the kit Mudkit, and the clan is left bewildered as to what to do with him. Something like this has never happened in Bogclan history, and she is met with strong disapproval.

mudkit.PNG.9536917cb72cc8fa56f3f2933e4bdad7.PNG
As for Mudkit, he displays aggression towards Owlstar and blames him for clan law not accepting him. This hurts Owlstar, who deeply loves the kit and cares not for the circumstances of how he was born. Caverndawn, meanwhile, detests the rebellious tomkit, and wishes he would show respect to his clanmates.

• Sad 2
  • Eek! 1

DAY 225 / CHAPTER 13

Noje-RUCZgm-WV.png

Mudkit grows into Mudpaw, and is to be mentored by Skipbrush. Mudpaw grows hard to handle by Skipbrush, and she gets aggravated with her apprentice.
"You're never going to be a warrior if you don't have respect for others," hisses Skipbrush. "You have to take this seriously."
"You're just saying that because I'm not pure clan blood," growls Mudpaw, raising his hackles. "You don't know anything about me."
"Who you are is determined by how you treat others," asserts Skipbrush.

Ridgesworn dies of old age, and Caverndawn mourns the death of her father as the clan mourns their deputy. Owlstar declares his new deputy to be Covehollow.

A bearyena attacks the clan one day, and despite the effort of the warriors, it's not going down. It's about to dig its claws into Owlstar when a fiery yowl is heard and claws dig into the side of the creature. It's Mudpaw. He takes the bearyena down before it can harm a warrior, and his dark eyes flash with Starclan's fury. Impressed, Owlstar promotes him to a warrior- Mudflash.
mudflash.PNG.952e4ad79e597549f65c2f399a52511f.PNG

The clan is joined by a rogue female named Shell, who is renamed to Shellpaw. She is placed under the instruction of Swifttremor, against Owlstar's instinct. She is a mischievous she-cat, but means well and is happy to take part in clan culture.
shellpaw.PNG.df2b0667be6d850630fe0a5af8d16198.PNG

Mudflash takes interest in Shellpaw; not only is she pretty, but she isn't a clan cat by birth fully either. He resonates with that.

• Eek! 3

DAY 237 / CHAPTER 14
WGaq-Lh9-FNv3j.png

Shellpaw is promoted to a warrior, and is named Shellmaw. Mudflash approaches her. The usually fierce male has his ears flat on his head, and he averts his gaze.
"I would like to ask to.. be your mate."
Shellmaw smiles. "Of course, Mudflash."

Owlstar dies of old age, giving up his last life. The clan is lost without him, especially Covehollow and his mother, Caverndawn.

Covehollow takes his place as the new leader of Bogclan. Encouraged to share dreams with Starclan, Primewhisker gives him poppy seeds to sleep. He is visited in his dreams by cats he has both seen and never seen before. 
Owlstar steps forward in the dream, looking proudly at his son. "Covehollow. It's time to receive your nine lives of leadership.
"I don't know how we're going to make it without you," says the ginger tom, standing in awe before his father and all the cats of Starclan. "And... in this place... I have no idea what to say."
Owlstar simply smiles and begins the ritual. Covehollow is given his lives by Owlstar, Ridgesworn, Swiftdeer, Finspeckle, Yawnmuzzle, Freegrove, Mellowspring, Littlefly, and, finally, Bogstar himself.
Bogstar speaks firmly to the new leader. "Your name is Covehollow no longer. I pronounce you Covestar, leader of Bogclan." His voice feels like a roar, and Covestar feels shaking in his paws. "Your deputy, Covestar, is to be one from the most unexpected of places. Choose wisely, and look in unlikely areas."

"Unlikely areas..." Covestar thinks, but before he can asks what Bogstar means, the cats of Starclan are gone, and Covestar is alone in the leader's den. Who could Bogstar mean? Bogstar was scary, too. The only cat in the clan who matched Bogstar's fury was...
Oh no. He knows who Starclan wants to be deputy. But why???

Covestar takes his place to call a clan meeting, and the cats of Bogclan gather around him.
"After sharing dreams with Starclan, I am ready to pick my deputy. The new deputy of Bogclan will be..."
The cats of Bogclan lean forward with interest.
"Mudflash."

The clan is silent for a heartbeat, surprised. But then, Swifttremor starts cheering his name, and other cats slowly join in. Shellmaw congratulates her mate, nuzzling him.
All are reacting except Mudflash, who looks up in awe at Covestar. Of all the cats he could've chosen....

Shellmaw tries to have a kit with Mudflash, but the first kit dies. After a few moons, they try once more, and she announces to the clan once more that she is pregnant.

The clan is joined by Bluffpaw, a light yellow male with impressive white tufts of fur on his head. He is taken in as an apprentice by Mudflash.
bluffpaw.PNG.5330c9bb453b5d45e91c6eee105db74a.PNG

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1

DAY 250 / CHAPTER 15
9-BY0d-Ole4-PFi.png

Caverndawn dies of old age, and joins her mate and family in Starclan.

Bluffpaw is promoted to Bluffhavoc, named for his clumsy demeanour that sometimes causes problems for his clanmates.

Shellmaw gives birth to she and Mudflash's kit- a beautiful she-kit. She looks upon her kit with pride, nuzzling Mudflash close. She holds onto the kit, hardly believing it's real- she has a healthy kit, one that survived. She bears the spitting image of her mother.
whipkit.PNG.a0fe4041d76032bf04aeb904e05372b3.PNG
Whipkit becomes the pride of her grandmother, Swifttremor. However, Shellmaw notices that Mudflash is distant from his child as she grows, avoiding interacting with her. While he has no intent to be malicious to his kit, Mudflash has no idea of how to treat kits due to how he was treated in a strange way as a kit. He was son of a rogue, and the clan treated him different- he has no frame of reference for how to raise a young cat.

Skipbrush becomes the mate of Bluffhavoc.

The clan is joined by a middle-aged she-cat named Dustviolet, who has been trained in the art of being a medicine cat. She works alongside Primewhisker, who is now old and close to retiring. However, she doesn't get along well with Covestar, who is as of right now an inexperienced leader.
heehee.PNG.912f45a445df492a3c2e9b26c675532c.PNG

Whipkit is promoted to Whippaw and is placed as an apprentice under Bluffhavoc.

A bearyena attacks the clan, but with the help of other warriors, Whippaw kills it. She is named Whipsquirrel due to her bashful personality and fluffy tail.

whip.PNG.a3e2b13a30ed8b2d7bbcd95be7c2a715.PNG

Skipbrush announces she will be having a kit.

Primewhisker dies of old age, and Dustviolet takes over as medicine cat.

Skipbrush has a daughter, a she-kit named Rainkit. She is shy and much like her mother, which worries Skipbrush. She becomes very protective over her daughter.
rainkit.PNG.8b3d46226541e09b9a78d9913b74a6c0.PNG

Rainkit grows into Rainpaw, and is mentored by Whipsquirrel.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

CHAPTER 16 / DAY 275

ocjf-UZg-Tm-Io8.png

Dustviolet approaches Covestar.
"Covestar, I know we don't always agree, but I bring an urgent message from Starclan," she says. "We need to move islands, lest a terrible blizzard come in leafbare."
"A flood?" Covestar flattens his ears. He has lived on this island since he became a warrior- can he lead his clan to a new territory safely? But the word of Starclan is law. "We've been here nearly a hundred moons, Dustviolet. I suppose it is time to go." He calls a clan meeting, and everyone except Shellmaw and Skipbrush agrees.
"I don't know, Covestar, I think it would be a big risk moving islands," she says. Shellmaw protests due to her age. Nonetheless, the clan votes to move north, to a threatening looking island. Shellmaw elects to stay behind, despite the protests of Mudflash.
"Mudflash, I'm an older she-cat," she admits. "I wouldn't make the journey."
"It's not fair!" the large male hisses, his eyes flashing with the rage of a bearyena. "I don't think you should do this."
"Please. Care for our daughter." She nuzzles Mudflash one last time, and he gives a longing look at her as the clan moves on toward the new island.

But when the clan goes to leave, only five spots are available on the path they chose.. The older cats of the clan stay behind, and only Covestar, Dustviolet, Mudflash, Rainpaw, and Whipsquirrel remain. Rainpaw is promoted to a warrior for her bravery during the journey of leaving her parents behind, and is renamed Rainwood.
When they get to the new island, Bogclan arrives at a red-hot, unforgiving oasis. Covestar feels a shudder run through his pelt, despite the heat on his back. Would his clan survive such a formidable habitat?
bogclanoasis.PNG.d1e7c0275f30c4881585aa73673b3921.PNG

Smaller numbers force the clan members to get to know each other better. Rainwood begins to feel homesick for her mother, and Whipsquirrel comes to comfort her peer.
"I know I can't exactly relate," she says, gently, "but I had to leave my mother behind too. I know how you feel," she purrs gently, and Rainwood nuzzles her. "Thank you, Whipsquirrel."

"I'm grateful we gathered much food for the journey," says Covestar with uncertainty. "I worry the clan will experience hunger here."
"We have enough food for many moons," replies Mudflash shortly, his mind still on his mate.

The clan is joined by a strange-looking she-cat who requests to join the clan. Covestar is suspicious of new cats, but agrees to accept her as she is a native to the oasis.
"What's your name, stranger?" he asks.
"Zebra," she says. She is renamed Zebrapaw and is made the apprentice of Rainwood. She becomes a friend of Covestar.
zebra.PNG.417a5d67bcecc879e8619032b3f28c6b.PNG

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

CHAPTER 17 / DAY 287
Xo-Mh-YAc-Vn-Hxr.png

Zebrapaw is promoted to a warrior, and is renamed Zebranose due to her interesting-shaped snout. Covestar asks her to be his mate, and she agrees.
"Her?" He tilts his head to the side. "I'm surprised, Covestar, especially since you've never had interest in having a mate. What made you change your mind?"
"She's brave," he purrs. "I admire it."

They eventually announce they are going to have a kit. They have a handsome son, who they name Burnkit due to his bright, fiery color and for being the first kit born in the hot oasis.
burnkit.PNG.207541664c169da5719db79d0c2a4ea5.PNG
Burnkit is a sassy, adventurous kit, and the pride of his father.
Dustviolet dies of old age, and Rainwood receives a dream from Starclan to be the new medicine cat. She is visited by her mother, specifically, and her strong connection to her inspires her to drop her path as a warrior in favor for one as a medicine cat. This surprises Covestar.
Burnkit is promoted to Burnpaw, and is mentored by Whipsquirrel. He then turns into a warrior, and is renamed Burnsky due to his bright blue eyes. He shows interest in Whipsquirrel, and asks her to be his mate. She agrees, and they plan to have a kit.
burnsky.PNG.f1e7ed5990b693206a7b5f60a260cb27.PNG

They have a daughter, named Wildkit. She is bold and fiery like her father. She has the support of both of her parents, making her a confident and proud young she-kit.
kit.PNG.d70b6a665e6ccc79995ad7ce32f11b07.PNG

Whipsquirrel confronts Covestar, asking for his help. "Covestar, I think we should really move islands..." she says, shifting her paws. "We still have food, but it runs down much faster than it did on the old islands, and I worry about Wildkit. She has a thick, winter pelt. I fear she'll overheat here, especially when she gets older."
"We'll hold a clan meeting," he says.
The clan agrees aside from Burnsky, who enjoys the oasis. The clan votes to go north, and everyone gets together for it. Mudflash is too old to travel, so he stays behind, and Wildkit dies on the way there, deeply upsetting the clan.
"We'll miss you," says Covestar before they leave. "You would have been a spectacular leader of Bogclan."
"Pick a good deputy," purrs Mudflash. "Go."
"The new deputy of Bogclan will be Whipsquirrel," announces Covestar.

The clan arrives on a looming, dark island that seems deadly, but at least it's not as hot as the old island. Upon arrival, Whipsquirrel also announces she will be having a kit again.
deadly.PNG.602cf8abb9aa81bb121ae29103542c00.PNG

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

CHAPTER 18 / DAY 330
6f0-XJly-LLlo-T.png

Whipsquirrel gives birth to a son, who she names Patchkit. He is a kindhearted, humble kit, patiently following his mother and sticking close to her. He is kind to his clanmates and never shows aggression to them; however, he is very shy and insecure. Zebranose loves him very much, bonding with her grandson.
patchkit.PNG.b598923551742d72015912e97d1d7710.PNG

Patchkit grows into Patchpaw, and is mentored by Zebranose. Patchpaw is attacked by a killer bearyena, and lives, but is forced into early retirement. His back left leg is crushed by the beast, so he walks at a limp now. The killer bearyena kills Rainwood, and a regular bearyena kills Covestar. Whipsquirrel is forced to take her place as leader as Whipstar, and names her deputy Burnsky in the depths of battle. Zebranose dies.

After the battle, just Patchpaw, Whipstar, and Burnsky are left. Patchpaw is renamed to Patchmountain for his bravery in battle. He becomes medicine cat.

"You all look like you need some help," says a strange, dark red she-cat. Her name is Windthistle, and she's a rogue warrior. The cats of Bogclan look at her suspiciously, though they are too tired to fight her off.
"I mean no harm," she says. "I've lived in these hills all my life. I've seen loss, too. If I can join your clan, I'll be happy to help." She is accepted due to her strength and knowledge of the area.
grove.PNG.f5893ddb17e92639c11de4b70da31c49.PNG
Meanwhile, Whipstar and Burnsky are debating as to whether to have another kit. Whipsquirrel argues it's too dangerous, while Burnsky argues the clan needs more warriors and with the help of Windthistle's knowledge they can protect the kit.

The clan is then joined by a pitch-black male named Coal. He is a gentle tom. Patchmountain finds himself jealous of the male, seeing in him the young, strong warrior Patchmountain never got to be. He is mentored by Windthistle as Coalpaw.
Coalheart.PNG.a942cbba8344d91349c98742d10a0883.PNG
With two new warriors to support the clan, Burnsky and Whipstar try to have another kit. They have an interesting-looking she-kit with round ears, and they name her Scrapkit. Scrapkit is a product of the environment she was born in, and is very determined and hardy. She is an independent kit, and the pride of Burnsky. She shows interest in the stories of Starclan her older brother has to tell, and therefore Patchmountain also bonds with her. She often resents her parents hovering over her, thinking they worry too much.
sscrapkit.PNG.db604c0e8c27819f969cd5f53c08822d.PNG

Windthistle is killed by a bearyena, but Coalpaw manages to take down the beast before it hurts anyone else. This allows Coalpaw to be promoted to a warrior, and he is renamed Coaldark.

A killer bearyena kills Burnsky and Coaldark, and eventually Whipstar. Lost, Scrapkit, now Scrappaw, and Patchmountain run searching for help.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

(So the clan didn't survive, but I'll be up with a new playthrough soon! And hopefully will be more prepared next time I'm put into deadly hills via rng, lol. Either way, have a cool graphic I made of the Bogclan line as a consolation gift for everyone dying or something. i couldn't fit every cat due to the program i used limiting the circles, but i had fun!
tree.thumb.PNG.ef9ded21addcd2051ab9c77ca6e6508d.PNG

• Like 1
  • Sad 2