Stray Fawn Community

WildClan

CosmicChaos21

(Sorry if there’s any out of character actions and stuff, been a while since I’ve done anything with Wildclan lol, and my writing style has changed somewhat(Also I’m not sure how often I’ll update this since I am trying to update my other story daily))

“What are their names?” Yellowleaf decided to ask before delivering the bad news.

“This one will be Rosekit” Mouseflight said as she gestured towards the light pink kit “And this will be Snakekit” she said as she looked at the red kit.

“Well neither are stillborn but Snakekit is sick and will have to be continually checked on to ensure their health” Yellowleaf said as he sniffed at said kit.

“Do you think they’ll live to become a warrior?” Mouseflight asked nervously, hoping she wouldn’t have to worry.

“…We can hope” Was the only thing Yellowleaf said making Mouseflight’s anxious thoughts worse.

“A-alright, thank you” Mouseflight said sadly as she looked at the red kit in her paws.

Yellowleaf simply nodded and started sorting herbs after checking Snakekit once more.

1.png.785d0986d36669ba6f0801e3c54d6c2b.png

“WHERE IS HE?!” SpottedFrost, and most of the camp to be honest, was awakened by Quillblaze’s scream as she looked for her kit.

“What happened?” ArrowStar asked as he approached Quillblaze.

“IT’S SILVERKIT! He…he’s gone, he was sleeping right next to me and now he’s gone” She said as she looked around again, as if he would just appear.

“That’s horrific! I’ll get some warriors to search for him” Arrowstar said before going to do that.

“Silverkit is gone?” Spottedfrost said, doing his best to fake surprise. Quillblaze didn’t notice it was fake, too worried about her kit’s health and whereabouts.

“Yes, he just disappeared. He was right next to me though, where could he have gone?” She said as she felt guilt and hopelessness fill her heart. If Spottedfrost didn’t feel bad before he definitely did now.

“I’m sure he’ll turn up, he’s a kit he couldn’t have got far” He said hoping it came across as convincing.

“You’re right, a kit couldn’t have gotten far” Quillblaze repeated to try and reassure herself that it was true.

Spottedfrost is guilty and afraid of being found out.

2.png.29d187d6b024f7755b857611aa22bf1e.png

ArrowStar approached the three warrriors once they returned to camp.

“So did you three find anything?” ArrowStar asked.

“Nothing really except…” Ashfall trailed off making ArrowStar tilt his head.

“Except?” He repeated wanting some clarification.

“We may have found something concerning, I smelled Spottedfrost and Silverkit’s scents heading towards an open clearing” Sandtail explained hoping that the patrol’s idea for what happened was wrong.

“And when we followed it Spottedfrost’s scent stopped at the edge of the grasses while Silverkit’s continued into the open…then vanished completely” Mudclaw finished their findings.

“It wouldn’t happen to be the clearing where birds usually circle would it?” ArrowStar asked almost fearfully at what that could mean.

“…Yes it was that one” Mudclaw spoke when no one else would.

“But Quillblaze said Silverkit was next to her and if she didn’t say that she let Spottedfrost take Silverkit than that could mean…” ArrowStar said before clearing his throat. “We may have a few questions for Spottedfrost” He continued as he felt a spark of anger at the thought of what could’ve happened.

3.png.a278402ff4946a43a25986111d1d339e.png

“I want to ask you some questions about last moonrise” Spottefrost already felt startled at the sudden voice but he felt like his heart was going to sink into the ground upon understanding what ArrowStar said.

“O-oh, of course” Spottedfrost said internally beating himself up for that stutter. ArrowStar led Spottedfrost and the three warriors over to a more secluded spot of the territory.

“These warriors found something concerning about Silverkit that involved you” Arrowstar spoke up making Spottedfrost even more nervous.

“They did?” Spottedfrost asked forcing himself to appear calm and collected.

“Yes, they found your scent along with Silverkit’s by the clearing where a lot of those birds circle” ArrowStar said making Spottedfrost internally hiss at his lack of thought. “So why was Silverkit out with you yesterday? ArrowStar asked in an oddly cold manner.

“Alright I’ll tell you” Spottedfrost said with a sigh, but knew what he was going to say wasn’t true. “I took Silverkit out yesterday to get out his energy but when I looked away for a second he had darted away from me and a bird got him before I could save him” He lied through his teeth, making sure to sound honest and convincing.

“It was an accident?” ArrowStar said, as he was convinced it was on purpose from the fact Spottedfrost was jealous of Sweetpool and anything to do with him. “I see, but you must tell Quillblaze what happened yourself” He said making Spottedfrost wince at the thought.

“Of…of course” Spottedfrost said, though he knew he wouldn’t

4.png.67ef7b74407e8c73105d6e4f20caba52.png

• Like 1
  • Eek! 3

Yay! Wildclan is back! And it's back with a bang. Spottedfrost's jealousy has maybe finally caught up with him...poor Quillblaze and Sweetpoll. What a horrible thing to do to someone's kit, let alone the kit of the one you love!

On 11/23/2022 at 11:40 AM, Chiyanna said:

Yay! Wildclan is back! And it's back with a bang. Spottedfrost's jealousy has maybe finally caught up with him...poor Quillblaze and Sweetpoll. What a horrible thing to do to someone's kit, let alone the kit of the one you love!

I didn't see this till now but I'm happy you're excited! A break can make it easier to write more good stuff I guess :D This is actually giving me so much motivation, I might update it today!

• Eek! 1

“Hey Sandtail!” Sunshine said which caused Sandtail to open an eye in curiosity. “I wanted to ask if you wanted to go hunting with me” She continued, hoping for some time with Sandtail.

“I don’t know, relaxing here sounds pretty good” Sandtail said with a yawn.

“Hmm how about this? We can relax in the sun for as long as yoou want afterwards” Sunshine bargined making Sandtail think with a hum.

“Ah well I love relaxing in the sun so sure” Sandtail said with a stretch before getting up, not minding as much because Sunshine was good company.

“Great let’s go!” Sunshine said excitedly before they set off.

After hunting they found a nice, sunny spot to relax.

“I could take a nap here” Sandtail said as he relaxed on the warm ground.

“I’m pretty sure you could sleep anywhere” Sunshine replied as she looked at him.

“I guess you’re right on that” Sandtail said with a chuckle.

“We don’t really know each other that well so do you wanna ask some questions about each other?” Sunshine asked making Sandtail look over at her.

“Sure, you go first” Sandtail said with a shrug.

“Who are your parents?” Sunshine asked.

“They were two warriors named Bearclaw and Cloudgust” Sandtail said making Sunshine regret her words.

“Sorry, I didn’t know they were dead” She apolgized but Sandtail just shrugged it off.

“It’s fine. What family do you have?” Sandtail asked.

“Well I’m not sure where my parents went but I have 2 siblings, both are older than me” Sunshine replied as she stretched.

“Oh I see. Any other questions for me?” Sandtail asked as he looked over at Sunshine.

“What is it like being raised in a clan?” Sunshine asked.

“It can be pretty busy, and there’s always some drama happening. But we can usually feed ourselves pretty well” Sandtail responded as he looked back in the direction of camp. “What about being raised outside of a clan?” He asked in turn.

“It’s not as busy or filled with drama but it’s harder to fight off other cats and food can be really tough in leaf bare" Sunshine replied.

The two spent the rest of their day talking.

1.png.370b0572134d335664052326a69b384b.png

ArrowStar was slightly unnerved as Yellowleaf approached him an oddly tense posture. Yellowleaf checked that the kits and Redflame were asleep.

“Greetings, are the kits okay?” ArrowStar asked as he looked at the medicine cat.

“Greetings, the kits are well. But StarClan has spoken to me about something important” Yellowleaf replied, not liking the news one bit.

“You don’t seem very happy they’ve spoken” ArrowStar said with concern as he felt a sense of dread grow in his chest.

“I’m not, the news they bring is…unpleasant. A prophecy” Yellowleaf said, feeling slightly irritated StarClan contacted him to bring bad news to the clan.

“A prophecy? What was it?” ArrowStar said equal parts curious and afraid.

“Beware a nicheling with the ability to hunt better than their peers, as in their future they will shed blood as red as the colors of their fur” Yellowleaf said as he recited what SquirrelStar had told him.

“…There are a few with red on their fur, do we wait then?” ArrowStar asked with worry, afraid of what nicheling could cause that.

“We don’t have a choice, they aren’t apprentices yet so we don’t know of their abilites” Yellowleaf replied with a sigh.

“Okay, well I guess we wait” ArrowStar said though the thought of having this prophecy come true scared him more than he wanted to admit.

He would focus on his leader duties and kits for now, to keep his mind off it until the current kits had shown their skills.

2.png.39e96a2123a98642d2dcf20491b9f1bf.png

4 moons, it had gone great for four moons for Spottedfrost. He hadn’t told Quillblaze what happened because he didn’t want to even think about her reaction. So it had gone well, she had been stuck in grief for a moon but she seemed to have gotten better since then and focused completely on Stonekit, who had become Stonepaw along with Mouseflight’s kits.

Then ArrowStar said something that completely shattered Spottedfrost’s sense of peace.

“You forgave him?” ArrowStar asked with confusion after watching Quillblaze and Spottedfrost for about a moon.

“What do you mean? Forgive him for what?” Quillblaze asked wondering what ArrowStar could be talking about. ArrowStar gave Spottedfrost a quick look before speaking.

“He told you he was the one who took Silverkit that night, and ended up getting him taken by birds” ArrowStar said which made Spottedfrost feel like he’d fallen into frozen water and made Quillblaze freeze in shock.

“…You wouldn’t do that would you?” Quillblaze said quietly, desperately wishing he hadn’t stooped so low.

“O-of course not! I-” ArrowStar stopped Spottedfrost’s attempt to smooth it over.

“We found his scent with Silverkit’s leading to the open field” ArrowStar finished making everything dead silent, for about a minute.

“HOW COULD YOU?! I KNEW YOU WERE JEALOUS BUT TO KILL A KIT! WHAT A PATHETIC EXSCUSE OF A CAT YOU ARE! YOU KILLED A KIT, A KIT! I’M GOING TO KILL YOU!” Quillblaze snarled as she launched herself at him, but ArrowStar stopped her.

“As tempting as you may find it, please don’t follow his path” ArrowStar said as he looked at Quillblaze’s furious face.

“Then what will you do?” Quillblaze asked, not wanting him to escape without punishment.

“You will see, it’ll make sure we never deal with him again” ArrowStar said. “Exile” He said quietly enough for Spottedfrost to not hear.

“Is that enough?” Quillblaze said almost feeling insulted.

“The scent of bearyena is strong at the edges of the territory” ArrowStar simply said but it was enough to guess what would happen to Spottedfrost if he was exiled.

“Okay…” Quillblaze said as that anger has made her tired, tired of Spottedfrost’s jealousy, tired of his possesivness, and tired of him.

Spottedfrost watched nervously as ArrowStar beckoned him back to camp, he didn’t hear what they said but he felt it wasn’t a good thing for him.

3.png.89cdfae8ad3a828ee8c50eb6dc0b2635.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

51 minutes ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

“Hey Sandtail!” Sunshine said which caused Sandtail to open an eye in curiosity. “I wanted to ask if you wanted to go hunting with me” She continued, hoping for some time with Sandtail.

“Hmm how about this? We can relax in the sun for as long as yoou want afterwards” Sunshine bargined making Sandtail think with a hum.

“Ah well I love relaxing in the sun so sure” Sandtail said with a stretch before getting up, not minding as much because Sunshine was good company.

“I’m pretty sure you could sleep anywhere” Sunshine replied as she looked at him.

“We don’t really know each other that well so do you wanna ask some questions about each other?” Sunshine asked making Sandtail look over at her.

“They were two warriors named Bearclaw and Cloudgust” Sandtail said making Sunshine regret her words.

“Sorry, I didn’t know they were dead” She apolgized but Sandtail just shrugged it off.

“Well I’m not sure where my parents went but I have 2 siblings, both are older than me” Sunshine replied as she stretched.

“Oh I see. Any other questions for me?” Sandtail asked as he looked over at Sunshine.

“It can be pretty busy, and there’s always some drama happening. But we can usually feed ourselves pretty well” Sandtail responded as he looked back in the direction of camp. “What about being raised outside of a clan?” He asked in turn.

“It’s not as busy or filled with drama but it’s harder to fight off other cats and food can be really tough in leaf bare" Sunshine replied.

ArrowStar was slightly unnerved as Yellowleaf approached him an oddly tense posture. Yellowleaf checked that the kits and Redflame were asleep.

“Greetings, are the kits okay?” ArrowStar asked as he looked at the medicine cat.

“Greetings, the kits are well. But StarClan has spoken to me about something important” Yellowleaf replied, not liking the news one bit.

“You don’t seem very happy they’ve spoken” ArrowStar said with concern as he felt a sense of dread grow in his chest.

“I’m not, the news they bring is…unpleasant. A prophecy” Yellowleaf said, feeling slightly irritated StarClan contacted him to bring bad news to the clan.

“Beware a nicheling with the ability to hunt better than their peers, as in their future they will shed blood as red as the colors of their fur” Yellowleaf said as he recited what SquirrelStar had told him.

“…There are a few with red on their fur, do we wait then?” ArrowStar asked with worry, afraid of what nicheling could cause that.

“We don’t have a choice, they aren’t apprentices yet so we don’t know of their abilites” Yellowleaf replied with a sigh.

“Okay, well I guess we wait” ArrowStar said though the thought of having this prophecy come true scared him more than he wanted to admit.

He would focus on his leader duties and kits for now, to keep his mind off it until the current kits had shown their skills.

4 moons, it had gone great for four moons for Spottedfrost. He hadn’t told Quillblaze what happened because he didn’t want to even think about her reaction. So it had gone well, she had been stuck in grief for a moon but she seemed to have gotten better since then and focused completely on Stonekit, who had become Stonepaw along with Mouseflight’s kits.

Then ArrowStar said something that completely shattered Spottedfrost’s sense of peace.

“You forgave him?” ArrowStar asked with confusion after watching Quillblaze and Spottedfrost for about a moon.

“What do you mean? Forgive him for what?” Quillblaze asked wondering what ArrowStar could be talking about. ArrowStar gave Spottedfrost a quick look before speaking.

“He told you he was the one who took Silverkit that night, and ended up getting him taken by birds” ArrowStar said which made Spottedfrost feel like he’d fallen into frozen water and made Quillblaze freeze in shock.

“…You wouldn’t do that would you?” Quillblaze said quietly, desperately wishing he hadn’t stooped so low.

“O-of course not! I-” ArrowStar stopped Spottedfrost’s attempt to smooth it over.

“We found his scent with Silverkit’s leading to the open field” ArrowStar finished making everything dead silent, for about a minute.

“HOW COULD YOU?! I KNEW YOU WERE JEALOUS BUT TO KILL A KIT! WHAT A PATHETIC EXSCUSE OF A CAT YOU ARE! YOU KILLED A KIT, A KIT! I’M GOING TO KILL YOU!” Quillblaze snarled as she launched herself at him, but ArrowStar stopped her.

“As tempting as you may find it, please don’t follow his path” ArrowStar said as he looked at Quillblaze’s furious face.

“Then what will you do?” Quillblaze asked, not wanting him to escape without punishment.

“You will see, it’ll make sure we never deal with him again” ArrowStar said. “Exile” He said quietly enough for Spottedfrost to not hear.

“The scent of bearyena is strong at the edges of the territory” ArrowStar simply said but it was enough to guess what would happen to Spottedfrost if he was exiled.

“Okay…” Quillblaze said as that anger has made her tired, tired of Spottedfrost’s jealousy, tired of his possesivness, and tired of him.

Spottedfrost watched nervously as ArrowStar beckoned him back to camp, he didn’t hear what they said but he felt it wasn’t a good thing for him.

YES SPOTTEDFROST IS GONE

4 hours ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

SPOTTEDFROST IS FINALLY GETTING WHAT HE DESERVED (I kind of want quillblaze to kill him, but wouldn't that mean she would fulfill the prophecy of a red furred cat spilling blood?) 

• Paw up 1

12 minutes ago, YourLocalStranger said:

SPOTTEDFROST IS FINALLY GETTING WHAT HE DESERVED (I kind of want quillblaze to kill him, but wouldn't that mean she would fulfill the prophecy of a red furred cat spilling blood?) 

Huh, I'm gonna be honest I didn't even think of that. But yes Spottedfrost's karma is finally catching up to him.

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

(I know I said this would be updated occasionally but for some reason I'm really excited to write more for this now)

“All cats able to hunt please gather!” ArrowStar said with more authority than usual but he felt this matter deserved it.

Meanwhile Spottedfrost was frozen like a rock to the ice in leaf-bare as he really didn’t want his bad choice to be announced to the ENTIRE clan. ‘But I regret it, isn’t that punishment enough?’ He thought to himself but a small part of him knew better, the part that came from having Berrystripe as his mentor. He knew Berrystripe would be disappointed and perhaps even angry.

The cats slowly filtered in, curiosity in their eyes as meetings weren’t called unless they were needed. And everyone who needed to be given apprentice ceremonies had already been given them.

“We are here to talk about what happened to Silverkit” ArrowStar’s words had caused curious murmurs to fill the camp. “We have found exactly what happened to him and how he died” He finished what he was saying causing a few gasps and louder murmurs to break across the clearing.

“What happened?” and “I was hoping he just wandered off” and other similar things were spoken which just made Spottedfrost flex his claws nervously.

“Why is Spottedfrost by you?” Wishwind piped up as they looked at Spottedfrost and that made Spottedfrost feel worse than anything else, even over the reaction of Quillblaze and the guilt of getting that kit killed. The kit he had basically helped raise was going to know what he did, to their younger brother who they loved so much.

‘StarClan I’m sorry, please I’ll do anything please don’t turn the kit I helped raise as my own against me’ He pleaded but he knew his choice was his and his alone, his to deal with, and his to accept the consequences of.

“He led Silverkit into the open field and let him be taken off by birds, on purpose” ArrowStar spoke and everything was more silent than a leaf-bare night for a few seconds.

“YOU WHAT?!” “HOW COULD YOU!” “WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!” Broke out across the camp but one thing, though quieter stuck with Spottedfrost the most out of anything.

“…Why?” Was the oddly small voice of Wishwind as their ears flattened and they looked at him with so many emotions in their eyes. It made him feel worse than anything any other clan cat had yelled at him.

Wishwind was devstated. Their dad, as far as they were concerned even if mom disagreed, had been the one to get Silverkit killed. They didn’t understand why he would do this, he loved them so much as a kit. But they also know mom wouldn’t let him near the other two much. Either way it stung them in a way they haven’t felt before, even mom trying to say that Sweetpool was their dad was not even a speck to this pain.

“I know you’re angry for the loss of a life at such a young age but I’ve already figured out a punishment for him” ArrowStar said making the shouts and talking quiet down. “He will be exiled, and the scent of bearyena is stronger currently” He said making Spottedfrost feel genuine terror at those words.

‘ArrowStar, one of the kindest cats in the clan is going to send me to die to bearyena?’ He thought with fear.

“So does anyone want to say anything but angry words before he is exiled?”  ArrowStar asked, most didn’t say anything but Wishwind slowly stepped towards Spottedfrost.

“If you’re leaving tell me why, why did you do that to Silverkit?” Wishwind spoke quietly.

“…I was jealous” Spottedfrost simply said.

“Jealous? Of what?” Wishwind asked making Spottedfrost feel even worse.

“Ii was jealous she loved another, and I took it out on your brother” Spottedfrost felt how completely stupid that reason was once spoken aloud.

“…Oh” Wishwind said before stepping back and having their ears flatten against their head.

“…If that’s all I say you get moving, we will give you until sundown to get out of the territory” ArrowStar said and Spottedfrost decided to earlier the better so he left as quickly as he could.

The air was tense the rest of the day.

11.png.9849d57e094021bd0dd0f26d7e83b040.png

“Greetings Yellowleaf” Yellowleaf’s sleep was greeted by a dream from StarClan. “Your clan must move islands, it will bring a new beginning for the clan and help it thrive in the future” The shimmering nicheling spoke.

“Where?” Yellowleaf asked but the dream ended and he woke up before getting an answer.

“ArrowStar I have news from StarClan” Yellowleaf said as he approached him.

“Is it another prophecy?” ArrowStar said with slight fear, he didn’t need anymore of those.

“Thankfully not a bad warning. They say we need to move islands as it will bring a new beginning for the clan and help it thrive in the future” Yellowleaf said.

“Move? We’ve been here for so long, but I guess if it’s what Starlan says. And perhaps a new start after everything with Spottedfrost would be good” ArrowStar replied.

“You should tell the clan so they can prepare” Yellowleaf said.

“You’re right” ArrowStar agreed before heading off to tell the clan.

“All cats please gather” ArrowStar spoke making the other nichelings confused as there was just a meeting a few sunrises ago. “StarClan has said we need to move islands, to bring a better future for the clan” Arrowstar said making the nichelings quietly speak amongst themselves.

“What if we don’t want to go?” Wishwind spoke up.

“…If you don’t want to I won’t force you” ArrowStar replied though he really wanted the clan in tact for a journey like this.

Some nichelings seemed relived at this which worried ArrowStar a little.

“We will take a moon to prepare so please be ready by then” ArrowStar said “You all may leave” He remembered to say before leaping off the rock causing the nichelings to disperse.

12.png.e65014418a9d762a8ef781c5e6df493a.png

Of course something had to go wrong as Redflame had died right before they left.

“…” ArrowStar didn’t say anything as he was heartbroken from losing his mate and afraid to raise the kits himself. ‘We planned to raise the kits in the new island together, but life is cruel’ He thought to himself as the kits cried, concerned and confused while ArrowStar did the best he could to comfort them.

13.png.a4591ae30a83f8de33cc5a3c763c4cca.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

Just made him leave the territory so he wasn't taking any healing fruit.

(Are you still playing him or just leaving him in the same place waiting for bearyena to kill him? Or is he already dead?) 

7 hours ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

Just waiting for the bearyena to kill him.

(That works if his story is meant to end here. Personally I would continue playing as him to give him a chance,  not attacking the bearyena but just moving away every once in a while. Could be kinda interesting if he maybe made a group of rogues to attack the clan or allied with the dark forest and came back one last time to try and kill an important cat (to propechy or something). But you are leaving the island so maybe not enough time to develop that anyway.)

Just now, Chiyanna said:

(That works if his story is meant to end here. Personally I would continue playing as him to give him a chance,  not attacking the bearyena but just moving away every once in a while. Could be kinda interesting if he maybe made a group of rogues to attack the clan or allied with the dark forest and came back one last time to try and kill an important cat (to propechy or something). But you are leaving the island so maybe not enough time to develop that anyway.)

Yeah I have stuff written for after this, I'll probably post the next part soon, so I didn't have time for that sadly. I will mentally store that for later though, thanks for some free potential later plot ideas.

• Paw up 1

These are the nichelings that decided to come with on the journey to a new land.

About half the clan decided to stay for one reason or another. most stayed because this was home but some had different reasons.

“I don’t want to leave my sister” Leaffeather explained sadly.

Mouseflight and Orangepelt wanted to go with but they were getting older and wanted their last days to be here, and to not make their pups see what happened to them.

Quillblaze agreed to go as she wanted to be as far from Spottedfrost as possible, she had become extremely protective of Stonepaw. But was heartbroken by Sweetpool AND Wishwind wanting to stay.

“I’m sorry but if Wishwind is staying I have to keep them safe in case he decides to try anything” Sweetpool said sadly, having to choose between his mate and his kit.

“B-but we worked so hard to be together! And I don’t want to leave my kit” Quillblaze said.

“Then stay! And we’ll keep an eye out for him!” Wishwind said as a solution.

“…I want to, but I can’t! He killed Silverkit I can’t risk Stonepaw being next, please come with. I can’t stand to be on this island with it’s memories any longer” Quillblaze all but begged as she looked at the two but they just looked away.

“I’m so sorry, but I’ll always love you. Even if we’re far apart, and we’ll meet again someday” Sweetpool said as he nuzzled Quillblaze.

“Okay…I love you Wishwind” Quillblaze said towards her kit after nuzzling Sweetpool back.

“Love you too mom” Wishwind said sadly, because they knew their home was here and always would be.

So they set out on their journey to a brand new island.

14.png.f147758ca4b596373608a92df0fb152b.png

Life had decided that wasn’t enough though, as Snakepaw’s sickness had spread first to Rosepaw then to the other members and it ended up wiping out half the nichelings they started with, the others ended up fine but it was quite the blow to their already low numbers.

“Doesn’t seem like a ‘thriving new start’ to me” ArrowStar kind of hissed as he walked along.

“Even I have to agree there has been nothing but pain and sickness due to leaving our home, but we’ve come this far” Yellowleaf had to agree, it felt like StarClan had been messing with them with this journey.

“I suppose, I just hope we get there soon” ArrowStar said with defeat.

Yellowleaf just nodded.

15.png.7e80c4e0f8f691014305a4652776e194.png

“I know you two are apprentice age now so I ask if any of you want to walk the path of a medicine cat, I am getting older so I would be more than willing to teach” Yellowleaf said to Sharppaw and Coralpaw.

“I want to make my clanmates feel better” Sharppaw spoke up after a bit of silence.

“That’s a good reason and motivation, follow me. Your training starts today” Yellowleaf said as he beckoned Sharppaw to follow him.

“But we don’t even have any herbs yet” Sharppaw spoke nervously.

“There are always herbs, I have already found some. I’ll show you how to use them” Yellowleaf said.

Yellowleaf was happy an apprentice took the offer as he knew his time here was not going to be much longer.

16.png.39723b40fd61048adcebbc297a069a79.png

5 moons, they had been there 5 moons with no sign of another nicheling, but food was plenty and they found a camp and a healing fruit.

Then everyone heard the terrified yell of Stonepaw making everyone rush over and see a bearyena towering over the apprentice, who was swiping at it and backing up with impressive fighting skill for his age. Still a lone apprentice though so he was losing still.

ArrowStar and Coralpaw rushed in quickly to help. ArrowStar slid around the bearyena and jumped on it’s backs causing it to try and snap at him. Sharppaw ended up getting hit back, with no major injuries, but that angered Yellowleaf so he attacked with all his might but the bearyena slashed it’s claws through his stomach. That hurt to watch but that left Coralpaw a perfect oppritunity so she jumped at it’s neck and bit and clawed as hard as she could causing the beast to roar in pain before taking it’s final breathes.

“Yellowleaf!” ArrowStar said as he went to look at the medicine cat that has guided him through many troubles and been there through his entire leadership. “Sharppaw are you alright?” ArrowStar asked causing the apprentices to nod and approach his mentor. “I know you didn’t get your last moon of training but can you see if he can survive?” ArrowStar asked and Sharppaw felt panic rise up but he pushed it down, if he was going to be a medicine cat he needed to get use to this.

“…From what I’ve been taught he can’t be healed, the injures are far too deep” Sharppaw said sadly as he realized his mentor would be gone forever.

“You did your best, he would be proud of your abilities” ArrowStar said as he was hurt but knew this would wound the younger nicheling’s self esteem.

“Yeah! You were basically a medicine nicheling already, you just need your name!” Coralpaw tried to encourage her brother.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t help enough” Stonepaw whispered sadly.

“You did the best you could with only one fully trained warrior by your side” ArrowStar reassured thought saying it made him internally wince at remembering the strong clan he led only 7 moons ago.

“Okay…” Stonepaw agreed though he was angry with himself.

17.png.ae968ac1184226dd4e9615b9a9908a41.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Who's ready for a long update??(Also I cleaned out the screenshot folder to remove the clutter but forgot that since I wrote ahead yeasterday is had all the screenshots so no screenshots today, I apologize)

-

Another bearyena had appeared to attack the small clan.

ArrowStar lost a life as the beast pounced on him before he could do anything but younger nichlings had quickly pulled it off and killed it without any other injuries. Internally ArrowStar was furious at StarClan, something that would be odd to his old clanmates as he had full faith in it before this.

‘A new and thriving start, what a sick lie’ ArrowStar thought as he returned to the living world.

“I was worried that whole ‘leaders have multiple lives’ thing was wrong for a second” Coralpaw said as she saw him get up with no injuries anymore.

“I guess we have to find a new camp” ArrowStar said bitterly as this place had been attack twice.

“Makes sense to me” Sharppaw said and the other apprentices agreed.

-

It was a little after that ArrowStar realized he forgot something. It had been two moons and he hadn’t given these more than deserving apprentices their names.

“Would you all gather” ArrowStar asked causing the young nichelings to approach him curiously. “I realize I haven’t given you three your names even though you deserve them” He said making the apprentices looke extremely excited.

“Stonepaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code even at the cost of your life?” ArrowStar asked.

“I do” Stonepaw said with extreme excitement.

“Then by the power of StarClan I give you your warrior name. From now on you will be called Stoneback for your stability and willingness to help the clan any time” ArrowStar said making the other two nichelings cheer.

“Coralpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and defend your clan even at the cost of your life?” He turned to Coralpaw.

“I do” Coralpaw chirped.

“Then by the power of StarClan I give you your warrior name. From now on you will be called Coralboar for your fiesty personality and willingness to fight any battle” ArrowStar said making the other cats cheer again.

“Sharppaw, do you promise to uphold the medicine cat code and heal all cats fairly?” ArrowStar said a little awkward as he didn’t know the correct wording.

“I do” Sharpaw said.

“Then by the power of StarClan I give you your medicine cat name. From now on you will be called Sharpdove for your kind heart and gentle nature” ArrowStar said making the other cats cheer.

-

All the clan nichelings are startled when a stranger nicheling walks right into the camp and making everyone’s hackles raise out of instinct.

“Who are you and what are you doing in clan territory?” Stoneback was the first to speak to the new nicheling.

“I’m Badger and this was my territory before you came around” The nicheling slightly hissed, mad these clan nichelings just walked in and took a piece of her territory that she’s had for seasons.

“Well if you want it back you’d have to fight us for it-” Coralboar started but ArrowStar cut her off.

“We don’t need any more injuries or death, I apologize for taking you territory but we don’t know where else to settle” ArrowStar said to the nicheling which did seem to calm the nicheling down a bit.

“Thank you for apologizing, but why is your clan so…small?” Badger asked as seeing a clan of four was a rare and odd thing.

“StarClan said we should move islands and half the clan didn’t come with to begin but then we have lost half our traveling group to sickness so our clan is much smaller than it once was” ArrowStar explained after wincing from being reminded once more of the large and powerful clan he once led.

“So I’m guessing you’re looking to increase your numbers?” Badger asked curiously, knowing getting more food and protection would be the best choice as it would protect her from bearyena.

“Yes why?” ArrowStar said but he couldn’t hide his hope for a new clan member.

“I will join then, on the condition if you rename me you keep badger in my name” Badger said, not wanting to lose the last connection she has to her parents.

“Sounds reasonable, I have to announce my deputy anyway” ArrowStar said before looking around and realizing there was no rock in sight so he just kinda sat down.

“I need to assign my deputy and have made my choice” ArrowStar spoke while the cats watched in a mix of excitement and curiosity. “Stoneback, you have helped the clan quite a lot upon our journey so I have chosen you” Stoneback was shocked as he expected Coralboar to be chosen but he wouldn’t say no.

“Thank you!” Stoneback said excitedly, thrilled at being chosen.

“Now we have a new cat joining the clan, please step forward” ArrowStar said gesturing to Badger, she got the hint and stepped up. “You shall be renamed Badgerclaw as you seem strong and resilient” He finished making the other nichelings cheer.

“You may go” ArrowStar said to the cats causing them all to do their own things.

-

Things were fine, great even but of course life is never an easy ride. Seeing as the next day…

“SHARPDOVE! ARROWSTAR ISN’T BREATHING” Stoneback yelled with panic getting all the cat’s attention.

“Calm down, he’s a leader he has more lives so he’ll be back soon but I’ll keep an eye on him” Sharpdove said to reassure the nervous deputy.

“Okay, y-you’re right” Stoneback said to try and calm himself. ‘You’re deputy you can’t be such a nervous wreck or else you’ll never be a good leader’ Stoneback berated himself internally.

“Multiple lives?” Badgerclaw said a bit confused as she helped Sharpdove carry ArrowStar to the medicine den.

“Yes leaders typically have 5 lives, they’re used to protect the clan from any dangers” Sharpdove asked.

“So they can live through multiple things that would kill normal cats?” Badgerclaw asked, seeing as she was raised as a loner this clan stuff was new and extremely confusing to her.

“Yes” Sharpdove confirmed as they set ArrowStar down.

The rest of the day dragged on as everyone was on edge as leaders didn’t usually take this long, and 3 of them had seen him lost a life to that sickness on their journey and it didn’t take this long.

By sunrise of the next day Sharpdove knew what he had to announce.

“ArrowStar was on his last life and didn’t say a word, he would have been back by now” Sharpdove sadly announced making all the nichelings freeze as the words processed.

“I-I’M LEADER NOW?!” Stoneback yelled in fear, he needed more time! To train, to get experience, to understand all that needed to be learned to be a good leader!

“I know it must be sudden but yes, you’re leader now” Sharpdove said, feeling bad for the already anxious male.

“B-But we don’t even have the StarStream! Or anything” Stoneback said confused.

“If StarClan accepts you, you will be given your lives through something like a dream” Sharpdove said vaguely recalling something Yellowleaf said he learned from the previous medicine nicheling, Molefern.

“O-okay” Stoneback, no StoneStar a voice whispered to him, just shuffled his paws. Leadership was on his shoulders at a young age and without the normal training apprentices had seeing as ArrowStar had to train him AND Coralboar at the same time due to their situation.

“You need a deputy now though” Coralboar said making StoneStar’s anxiety skyrocket as he had forgotten that.

“R-right um…” He said before noticing a tree stump, making him jump up. “Gather please” He said nervously. “I have to choose a uh new deputy for the clan, Coralboar seems like t-the best choice” StoneStar stuttered out which made Coralboar puff with pride and excitment. “You may go” StoneStar finished before jumping down causing the other nichelings to disperse.

• Like 3

(Hello?? This the best luck I’ve had with wanderers like ever??? They’re so pretty????)

“This clan just keeps getting smaller” Sharpdove grumbled in what was probably to himself but Badgerclaw decided to see if they would try something.

“Would you be fine with some other loners I know joining?” Badgerclaw asked making Sharpdove look up from his aggressive herb sorting.

“I mean you’d have to ask Stoneba- StoneStar” Sharpdove corrected himself, he was still getting used to ArrowStar just being…gone.

“With all due respect I think StoneStar would pass out if given any more decisions right now” Badgerclaw said, feeling bad for the nicheling as he just had this huge responsibility placed on him so suddenly after being made deputy only a few sunrises ago.

“…You’re not wrong” Sharpdove had to agree. “But you should tell him first so he doesn’t assume they’re aggressive” Sharpdove continued as he turned towards Badgerclaw.

“You’re right I’ll inform him” Badgerclaw said before walking off.

“You want to invite some nichelings into the clan? As long as they’re good nichelings I don’t mind, more members means more food a-anyways” StoneStar said, feeling a bit better than last sunrise as he had a bit of time to calm down.

“Alright I’ll get them then” Badgerclaw said before walking off.

“These are some loners I’ve known before you all got here” Badgerclaw said as she stepped away to show the clan three nichelings.

“I’m Marigold, best hunter on the island” The yellow one with white stripes said as she puffed up proudly.

“I’m Mud!” The brown and black one chirped as she looked around the camp curiously.

“I’m Lily, nice to meet you” The light brown one with lighter brown markings said as she dipped her head in respect.

“I’m Coralboar and I’m the best hunter on the island now” Coralboar puffed up too causing Marigold to huff.

“As if! I-” Lily cut her off quickly.

“We wanted to join your clan, though we’d like if you kept some part of our names” Lily said with a sigh, used to Marigold’s antics.

“O-oh sure” StoneStar said and internally hissed for stuttering as a first impression on these new nichelings.

“Marigold, do you promise to uphold the warrior cat code and protect your clan with your life?” StoneStar recited what ArrowStar had said to rename Badgerclaw.

“I do” Marigold said, excited to show off her hunting skills to these clan nichelings.

“Then you shall be renamed Marigoldpounce” StoneStar said making Marigold puff up with pride again. He then turned to Mud.

“Mud, do you promise to uphold the warrior cat code and protect your clan with your life?” StoneStar repeated.

“I do!” Mud said with a grin.

“Then you shall be renamed Mudtail” StoneStar said making Mud smile before turning around to sit by the rest of the clan. StoneStar finally looked at Lily.

“Lily, do you promise to uphold the warrior cat code and protect your clan with your life?” StoneStar said, feeling better the third time saying it.

“I do” Lily replied as she stared at StoneStar in a way that unnerved him a tiny bit.

“Then you shall be renamed Lilyhawk” StoneStar spoke making Lily, now Lilyhawk, just nod before going to sit behind her new clan mates.

“That is all” StoneStar said as he jumped down from the stump making the other cats disperse.

2.png.d1cc78ea598e7b399b1b2a0538699b61.png

Lilyhawk hissed as the scent of bearyena flooded her senses.

‘I could tell my new clan but I know I’m strong enough, I’ve dealt with them on my own before’ She thought to herself before deciding and running into the grasses toward the scent.

The bearyena was looking around, obviously scenting her and the other nichelings scent but it hadn’t seen her yet so she pounced causing it to roar in surprise. The beast snarled as she dug her claws in and raked them down it’s back. The beast managed to shake her off but instead of attacking it ran so she decided to stroll back to camp.

As she approached she heard a scream of pain causing her to hiss before running over to find out what happened.

The bearyena ran from her but it ran towards camp and attacked StoneStar, it had slashed it’s claws through his neck so he crumpled to the ground, dead for the time being.

‘Well he didn’t last long’ Lilyhawk thought, not knowing of multiple lives yet. Everyone was shocked so Lilyhawk was able to dart in first and seeing as it was distracted she got to it’s neck and quickly ended it’s life.

She could vaguely hear the sound of the other nichelings rushing him to the…medicine nicheling? Was that the word? Either way he was being taken to the one who healed injuries in clans. Then she heard something interesting.

“He lost a life already, a moon as leader and he’s already down to 4 lives” The healing nicheling spoke making her turn her attention towards the conversation. ‘Lives? They have more than one?’ She thought as she walked over to watch the chaos happening.

“What do you mean lives?” Lilyhawk asked curiously.

“Apparently leaders of clans have 5 lives so they can die 4 times and come back to life” Badgerclaw answered for Sharpdove as he was busy ensuring that even if he did come back that nothing went wrong.

This was confirmed as a bit of time later the leader spluttered as he came back to life. ‘How interesting’ Lilyhawk thought with a hum as she stared at the leader, he seemed quite nervous for a leader of a clan but who is she to judge anyways.

“He is fine and well so can everyone please leave the medicine den” Sharpdove said in a way that implied he was trying to be kind but was getting irritated causing Lilyhawk to leave, deciding to patrol again.

3.png.84cbbcf43764a28bb518b779264d0ffb.png

It’s now been almost two moons that the new nichelings have been here and it’s been found that Marigoldpounce and Coralboar have a pretty intense rivalry, always trying to one up and best the other to prove they’re better. And this time poor Mudtail has been caught in one of their contests.

“So Mudtail, who’s the better fighter?” Marigold asked as her and Coralboar were recovering from sparring.

“Well uh” Mudtail said, not wanting any part of this.

“Yeah c’mon who’s the better fighter?” Coralboar said as she leaned a bit close to Mudtail making her nervous.

“Well I…” Mudtail stuttered a bit, refusing to look at Coralboar. ‘There’s no answer that’ll appease them both…’ Mudtail thought to herself with nervousness but knew she needed AN answer. “Well I can’t tell! You’re both such amazing fighters I can’t tell who’s better” Mudtail finally spoke making the two slightly deflate.

“Well that just means we’ll have to practice more so one of us comes out on top, which’ll be me by the way” Marigoldpounce said with her usual arrogance.

“As if! I’m gonna be the winner so I can rub it in your snout for the rest of my life” Coralboar said puffing up to probably make herself look tougher.

‘Oh no I made it worse’ Mudtail thought a bit nervous before deciding this would be a good chance to leave, so she took it and went off to hunt.

4.png.3125bffde349730dd899e57afc4b8e4c.png

As Mudtail hunted though she ran, literally, into a huge nicheling.

“I’m so sorry! I wasn’t watching where I was going” Mudtail said, hoping they were okay. The nicheling slowly got up.

“It’s alright, I wasn’t really watching either” The nicheling said with a slight laugh which confused Mudtail until she looked up from her paws and saw cloudy eyes staring at nothing.

“You’re huge” Mudtail said without thinking mentally sighing as she realized she didn’t even think for a second before speaking. The nicheling laughed, hard.

“W-wow I didn’t e-expect that, but y-yeah I am” The nicheling said still laughing, most nichelings mention her eyes first but never how large of a nicheling she is.

“…Are you alone? I live in a clan that you might be able to join” Mudtail said though her fur felt like it was burning from embarrassment.

“Y-yeah If they’d want a nicheling like me” The nicheling spoke finally recovering from her laughing fit.

“Okay lets go- er do you need help getting there?” Mudtail cut herself off as she realized that the nicheling might have issues.

“A little help wouldn’t hurt” The nicheling said as she knew how to navigate her territory but not really much else.

Mudtail led her to the clan and the leader.

“StoneStar this cat wants to join our clan” Mudtail said as she gestured to the new nicheling.

“Of course, what’s your name?” StoneStar asked curiously as he noticed the nicheling's cloudy eyes.

“I’m Frosteyes” The nicheling spoke causing StoneStar some interesting feelings. On one paw this must’ve been a former clan cat, on the other…

‘I can’t get nervous becase a cat has frost in their name, they’re not Spottedfrost nor are they related to him’ StoneStar reassured himself with a deep breath. He and Silverkit were 4 moons or so when that happened so he could remember it more than he’d like to admit.

“Well I guess you don’t need a name change, so you may go do whatever” StoneStar said, forcing his tone to be even though the memories were popping up again.

The cats dispersed to do their own activities.

5.png.a6199ef42051a1c7161c7a3490f90ed8.png

Coralboar awoke but instead of the camp and place she knew she was in a forest where the trees seemed to loom over nichelings and there were thorns growing out of at least half the ground.

“Where…am I?” She asked to herself as she got up and scanned the area.

“You are dreaming” A voice caused her to hiss and turn around, hackles raised, to see a calm yet menacing cat staring at her. “I am LocustStar, I’m dead sadly but I’ve contacted you to help you” The cat spoke again.

“Coralboar, what are you going to help me with?” Coralboar said nervously.

“You feel guilt over Yellowleaf’s death, believing you could’ve done better” LocustStar said with a tilt of his head.

“How did you know that?” Coralboar said, a bit unnerved.

“As I said, I’m dead. StarClan nichelings know many things” LocustStar replied simply.

‘That makes sense, they give prophecies and warnings to medicine nichelings and leaders’ Coralboar thought though if this was StarClan she was a bit afraid of spending her afterlife here.

“Well you said you could help me better protect my clan, how?” Coralboar asked excited to recive help from a StarClan cat.

“We will train, here in your dreams, every night to ensure you get stronger” LocustStar said a smile having lit up on his face.

“In my dreams? How would that help?” Coralboar asked confused.

“Not only will you remember what you’ve learned here but it will make you stronger, believe me” LocustStar reassured.

“Alright, are we starting now?” Coralboar asked, eager to get strong to ensure her clanmates safety.

“Sadly we’re running out of time so not now. Tomorrow we will begin your training” LocustStar said as the dream began to slowly fade and caused her to wake up in her nest.

‘I will be strong, to protect them’ Coralboar thought as she smiled at the rising sun.

(Fun fact! LocustStar was taken from a clan I had in that warrior cats clan gen game(He was supposed to have black stripes but the setgene command apparently didn’t wanna work))

6.png.81c2696367225ac50bb84545b90a316c.png

Marigold was talking with StoneStar, who she had become close two in the time she’s been here.

“I mean this with respect but aren’t leaders supposed to be more confident?” Marigoldpounce asked making StoneStar’s fur heat up in embarrassment.

“P-probably? But I was only made deputy a few sunrises before ArrowStar died, and a warrior only a few sunrises before THAT” StoneStar said nervously.

“Oh” Marigoldpounce said with a wince as she didn’t want to bring up something bad but that begged the question… “Why did he make you deputy than?” She asked deciding she had already asked one bad question what’s two.

“It was desperate, we were a small clan when you joined but we only had four members before Badger joined and all of us are around to same age so he didn’t really have any choice” StoneStar said with a sigh as being leader had made him realize the pressure ArrowStar must’ve been under with that choice.

“I see” Marigoldpounce mumbled. “If that’s the case I’d say you’re not doing that bad than” Marigoldpounce said making StoneStar perk up.

“Y-you think so?” He said hopefully making Marigold’s heart skip a beat at his smile.

“Well being made a deputy a few days after being made a warrior and THEN having to be leader only a few sunrises after that must be hard so you’re doing pretty well” Marigoldpounce said as she was impressed he had to adapt to something like that so quick. StoneStar gave a much more genuine smile for once.

“Thank you, I needed that more than I thought” StoneStar said with that smile still on his face making Marigoldpounce smile too.

“…I should go hunt” Marigoldpounce said as she felt her fur slightly heat up but felt bad as that smile slid off StoneStar’s face.

“Right, see you later” StoneStar said causing her to nod before he left to attend to whatever he needed to.

‘Hm, he’s kinda cute’ Marigoldpounce thought as she went off to hunt.

7.png.a5098bee80cd2b8dbed28402e007b3e7.png

Another moon had passed and life decided it was boring.

StoneStar ran over as fast as he could after hearing the yell of Sharpdove and felt his world slow down for a second as he felt a familar memory pop up at the scene he saw. Yellowleaf trying to fight a bearyena, the way his still body laid after the beast had killed him.

StoneStar snarled as he launched himself at the bearyena, scratching and biting whatever he could. The bearyena roared in pain but just as he cut it’s throat it shook him off and slashed it’s huge claws through his stomach, deeper and far worse than a nicheling could. He felt the world go dark as the beast fell with him.

Sharpdove hissed in anger as he waited for StoneStar to wake up. ‘What a rabill brained thing to do! What leader loses two lives in two- no less than two seasons, he’s so reckless his leadership won’t last long at all at this rate’ Sharpdove thought as his claws flexed in and out due to stress and frustration.

“Did I lose another?” StoneStar asked as he awoke.

“Yes, you only have 3 left and I suggest you use them wisely” Sharpdove said with irritation.

“I used this one wisely! I defended you, you would’ve died!” StoneStar hissed, insulted he would say it wasn’t wise, he was given these to protect his clan for stars sake!

“I assure you I can handle myself until the other clan members arrive” Sharpdove replied getting more irritated.

“Well I’m fine, see you later” StoneStar hissed as he got up and left.

‘He’s not going to last longer than 12 moons is he?’ Sharpdove thought with sadness as he looked at the stars, hoping they would give him a way to knock some sense into his reckless friend.

8.png.f8095e5217fb088bf4cf506f7ca6698c.png

(This wasn’t meant to be a StoneStar marathon but alas)

Marigoldpounce lived up to her name as she all but tackled StoneStar.

“You scared me half to death, there’s no need to be so reckless” Marigoldpounce sighed.

“Sorry, but these lives were given to protect my clan so I intended to use them for that purpose” StoneStar said simply.

“I guess that makes sense, well if you’re going to be to reckless with those lives of your I need to ask you something” Marigoldpounce gathered her courage as she was worried she wouldn’t get a chance again.

“Sure?” StoneStar said slightly concerned.

“I love you, do you love me too?” Marigoldpounce kind of squeaked.

“…Really?! Of course!” StoneStar purred as he went to nuzzle Marigoldpounce. She smiled and nuzzled back before asking something that made him freeze in shock.

“Would you like kits soon?” Marigold pounce purred causing StoneStar to squeak, though he would never admit that.

“A-aren’t we moving a bit f-fast?” He forced out as he felt like the hottest of green-leaf days had settled in his fur.

“Is that a no?” Marigoldpounce asked, worried she pushed too much to fast.

“…No” StoneStar mumbled causing Marigoldpounce to smirk.

“Well then is in the next few moons too early?” She purred.

“N-no” StoneStar said with a shy grin.

“Love you” Marigoldpounce said.

“Love you too” StoneStar agreed.

9.png.5ee99a1af69e517660183b7c5034a019.png

Lilyhawk had kits, with who? She wouldn’t say.

“Are you not saying because they’re Sharpdove’s?” Mudtail spoke without thinking, as usual for her it seemed.

Now they’d seen Sharpdove irritated but never mad until now. His fur bristled and his hackles raised.

“Do NOT accuse me of that, I would never break the medicine cat code” Sharpdove hissed with venom making Mudtail shrink while Frosteyes winced feeling sympathy for her.

“You can’t entirely blame her, it is funny how similar this one looks” Lilyhawk spoke as she licked Birdkit, the one that caused that question. It was ironic how similar the two looked.

“It is the queen’s right to not say the kits other parent” Sharpdove said, having calmed down now.

“Well I hope they grow healthy and strong” Mudtail said, as an apology and it was honest. The rest of the clan agreed.

“It’s nice to have the first births in the clan’s new home, makes everything feel right”  StoneStar said with a smile.

Lilyhawk was focused on her kits though, the other nichelings words being drowned out as she groomed her kits fur and checked they were doing well. She always wanted kits but had never found anyone…until him. She smiled at the memories of the loner she had met, he was caring and kind. Then she felt her smile drop as she remembered his death, crystal clear. She felt nothing but bitterness toward the rogue that took his life.

“-awk, LILYHAWK!” She was suddenly snapped back to reality by Sharpdove’s voice and an oddly clear den now.

“Yes?” She asked with boredom.

“You weren’t responding so I thought something was wrong” Sharpdove said relieved making her blink.

“Sorry” She said, not really meaning it.

“It’s fine” Sharpdove responded as he went to sort herbs, it calmed him a lot.

Lilyhawk turned back towards her kits who were sleeping now.

‘I promise to protect you, no matter the cost’ She thought before drifting off herself.

10.png.2231f444fa4c311d9c5ae0965ea4efb0.png

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1

It had been a moon since Lilyhawk had her kits.

Lilyhawk smiled as she watched her kits play with a slight smile.

‘They’re the best thing that’s happened to me’ she thought before getting up. ‘I need to get something to eat so they can eat too’ She thought before getting up and going over to a berry bush to grab some food for herself.

Meanwhile Mudtail was relaxing by Frosteyes.

“Um how did you survive by yourself?” Mudtail asked, not wanting to be rude but just curious.

“I used my nose to find berries and took small, cautious steps” Frosteyes casually responded, she had been blind her whole life so it wasn’t anything new or weird to her…it didn’t bother her in this new clan anyways.

“You lived on this island your whole life?” Mudtail asked, as she hadn’t heard of any clans other WildClan here.

“No, I travelled here due to my old clan being cruel for my blindness, saw it as weakness” Frosteyes said bitterly making Mudtail feel guilty.

“Ah sorry about bringing it up” Mudtail said.

“You couldn’t have known” Frosteyes brushed it off as Mudtail looked up.

‘I wish I had wings like that, I could fly wherever I wanted to whenever’ She thought as she observed the bird flying above….until she remembered something and looked over to see the three kits alone while Lilyhawk ate.

“HAWK!” Mudtail shrieked which made Frosteyes flatten her ears at the noise and caught the attention of all the cats in the camp.

A flurry of cats tried to rush over but it was too late for poor Sandkit who got grabbed by the talons of the huge bird as she let out a cry.

“MOMMA MOMMA!” Sandkit cried out as Lilyhawk ran as fast as she could and even jumped to try and catch the hawk but had no luck as her claws gently grazed through her kit’s fur before falling to the ground with a thud.

She tried again but was even further this time and then the hawk soared higher into the skies and far away from the island.

The entire camp and entire clan was completely silent, not even a breath could be heard as everyone looked over to Llilyhawk, who was simply staring at the last place the hawk was.

“No one else noticed, no one else in the whole crowded camp” Lilyhawk said, thankful Mudtail said something at LEAST.

“N-now Lilyhawk I-” StoneStar tried his best to reassure but she just turned to him with a glare.

“If a whole clan can’t notice a hawk than I don’t think my kits are safe here anymore” Lilyhawk interupted him with a hiss causing shocked reactions from some of the nichelings.

“B-but how will you fend off the bearyena by yourself?” Mudtail asked, nervous for her and her kits.

“We’ll move a lot to keep them off our trail” Lilyhawk said as she rounded up her kits.

“What will you do if you or your kits get hurt with no medicine nicheling?” Coralboar asked as she looked at at the tiny, terrified kits.

“I’ve seen enough to make sure we don’t die” Lilyhawk said as she grabbed Birdkit by the scruff and turned around before starting to walk.

StoneStar went to follow but Sharpdove stood in front of him, making StoneStar tilt his head.

“If she wants to go let her, if we convinced her we may have an unloyal warrior who could tear us apart from inside” Sharpdove explained as Lilyhawk vanished into the tall grasses with her kits.

“But Berrykit and Birdkit…” StoneStar said worried for their futures.

“I know, but seperating a queen from her kits, especially that one, is like trying to fish on land” Sharpdove said with sadness. StoneStar opened his mouth but then shut it, knowing he was probably right. “And besides your kits will be arriving soon” Sharpdove said which made him smile as he remembered how his mate was in the medicine den now, with their kits on the way soon.

“You’re right, I have other things to worry about” StoneStar said causing Sharpdove to nod before the clan went back to what they were doing before, though more tense now.

11.png.f195669f2f34365fda5a2a17b7df31fe.png

“They’re both healthy and there were no birth complications, congratulations” Sharpdove said after checking the kits and Marigoldpounce making StoneStar smile.

“You should name one and I’ll name the other” He said causing Marigoldpounce to think.

“I think I’ll name this one Mosskit, she reminds me of the moss that grows on rocks” Marigoldpounce said as she looked at the gray and dark yellow kit.

“I’ll name her Canarykit for her yellow fur” StoneStar said after thinking a bit as he nuzzled the yellow kit with white stripes. Marigoldpounce just smiled before yawning and slowly drifting off.

“Sleep well” StoneStar whispered to his mate and kits before heading out of the medicince den to do his leader duties.

12.png.4f5d839f2d01fca428716db977c45a03.png

(SO UH I forgot to keep an eye on their ages so now StoneStar, Sharpdove, and Coralboar are getting old, and the loners who joined are getting older, but it doesn’t feel right so I’m making a different reason why StoneStar would be losing more lives)

StoneStar gasped as he awoke, afraid because the way he woke up felt like it did when he lost his lives before. Deciding that hiding this could be worse StoneStar went over to the medicine den.

“Sharpdove?” He said as he approached the medicine nicheling.

“Hm? What is it StoneStar?” Sharpdove asked as he got up with a stretch.

“When I woke up just now I felt like I lost a life again” Hhe said making Sharpdove hum before starting to inspect StoneStar. “What are you doing?” He asked curiously as he watched Sharpdove.

“Checking for sickness, as that could cause you to lose a life. And you smell like you’re sick so come lay down” Sharpdove said causing StoneStar to quickly comply as he didn’t want to lose anymore lives to it.

“But what about the clan? I’m the leader” StoneStar asked nervously as he saw Sharpdove grab some herbs and put it in front of him. StoneStar started eating them as Sharpdove spoke again to answer his question.

“That’s what Coralboar is for, she’ll run the clan while you’re unable to. I’ll tell her at sunrise” Sharpdove said making StoneStar feel a bit sheepish as he remembered he did wake him up late.

“Alright, just don’t overwork yourself” StoneStar reminded Sharpdove, as the thought of the sickness spreading entered his mind.

“…I can’t promise but I’ll try” Sharpdove said as he knew what that implied.

(I keep forgetting screenshots recently sorry about that)

-

“StoneStar is sick with greencough so you’ll need to take his place for now, alright?” Sharpdove spoke to his sster and he saw several emotions pass through her face.

“I hope he becomes healthy again, but I’m happy to take over for a bit” Coralboar said as she was excited to be leader for a bit but didn’t want StoneStar lose any more lives than he already has.

“Me too, he only has three lives, he doesn’t need to lose any more” Sharpdove sighed before he turned around and went to check on StoneStar again.

Coralboar was so excited she could barely wait, but the day was boring, nothing interesting happened.

But she was still excited to tell LocustStar, almost too excited to sleep. But she eventually did drift off and see the face of the cat she had been meeting in her sleep for about four moons now.

“So StoneStar has fallen sick huh?” LocustStar said causing Coralboar to nod.

“I hope he recovers soon though, he only has three lives left” Coralboar said making LocustStar nod.

“Of course but you have to be prepared in case he loses them all” LocustStar said making Coralboar turn to him.

“I guess but he can’t lose three from one sickness right?” Coralboar asked nervously.

“I’ve seen a leader lose all five to one once” LocustStar said making Coralboar nervous.

“Can we get to training, I think I’m becoming a better fighter” Coralboar said making LocustStar smile.

“Good, under my training I’m sure you have” He said before they trained again.

13.png.75386defdf924ec289f3931941351e25.png

Mudtail took a deep breath as she carried the stagmole over to Frosteyes.

‘It’ll be fine, she’ll either accept or reject. You’ll be friends again if nothing else, unless she becomes uncomfortable around you, maybe she’ll hate you. Oh no oh n-’ Mudtail had become so stuck in her thoughts she wasn’t really paying attention causing her to run into Frosteyes causing her to yelp before recognizing the scent.

“What trying to recreate our first meeting?” Frosteyes teased making Mudtail blush at the slight bit of irony she would confess after doing the same thing she did to meet her.

“I u-uh” Mudtail stuttered making Frosteyes feel a bit concerned.

“I didn’t do something did I?” She asked causing Mudtail to panic more.

“N-NO! I just uh I I love you!” Mudtail blurted out awkwardly making the two freeze, Frosteyes with shock and Mudtail with fear.

“I was waiting for you to ask, thought I’d have to soon!” Frosteyes laughed, as she was hoping Mudtail liked her too. Mudtail stared in shock before nuzzling her.

“I’m so happy!” Mudtail chirped excitedly causing Frosteyes to laugh again as she nuzzled her back.

The two cuddled most of the day.

14.png.e335bfdfa73b6a5bd25f8a1ac924abd0.png

“I still can’t believe it, StoneStar already lost two lives to that sicknss, he only has one left!” Coralboar ranted nervously while LocustStar smiled but quickly hid it.

“That’s actually what I wanted to talk to you about. He only has one life and he’s miserable” LocustStar said causing Coralboar to sadly nod.

“He doesn’t even seem like himself anymore, Marigoldpounce and his own kits are devastated because Mosskit and Canarykit have only known him while hes been sick, they’ve never seen him healthy” Coralboar said as she felt bad for her brother, not only did he feel guilty over StoneStar but now he had Badgerclaw and even Marigoldpounce may have it so he needs to care for them too now.

“I will put it simply, you need to take his last life” LocustStar said causing Coralboar to turn toward him with speed she didn’t know she possesed.

“What?!” She slightly hissed confused and terrified.

“He’s miserable. He keeps sneezing and coughing, he can’t get up and can’t keep much down anymore. The sickness with get him eventually but you can speed it up” LocustStar said which made Coralboar’s head swim in confusion.

“But StarClan shouldn’t encourage killing right?” She said confused.

“Unless there’s an important purpose, not only is he in horrific health but he is supposed to die soon and if you do it now you can stop it from being a long painful death” LocustStar stared at Coralboar as he spoke. A small part of her whispered something was wrong.

“You’re sure he’s meant to and this is a truly needed?” She asked softly, with the whispering growing louder in her mind.

“Of course, StarClan needs you to” LocustStar replied. Coralboar just nodded, now knowing what she needed to do.

15.png.cbc432a8b2bb9dadf2e3db08cda91484.png

Coralboar had to force each paw forward after hearing how Sharpdove had gone on a trip with some warriors to get herbs. turned out Marigoldpounce and Badgerclaw didn’t get sick, it was almost as if poor StoneStar was cursed to have it with no one else affected. This seemed to make it even harder as every step felt like her paws were stuck to the ground.

She took a shuddering breath after reaching the medicine den, where StoneStar slowly looked up to her eyes.

‘Why? Why do you look at me, this is going to be so much harder’ She thought as her claws flexed nervously.

“Coralboar. How’s the-” StoneStar was interupted by his own coughing which made Coralboar cringe before he spoke again. “How’s the clan doing?”  He got out with a rough sounding voice.

“It’s doing well, nothing dangerous or exciting honestly” Coralboar said, it was the truth being leader didn’t magically make everything more fun.

“Good” StoneStar said as he rested his eyes.

“I’m sorry. I’m so so sorry” Coralboar said as she remembered so much, their memories here, their memories at their old home, though those are extremely fuzzy, and the memories of the journey they made to get here.

-I'M NOT SURE IF THIS COUNTS AS GORE BUT JUST IN CASE HERE'S A WARNING!-

StoneStar opened his eyes but Coralboar slammed her paw onto his snout so he couldn’t make noise before using a claw to rip open his throat. He spluttered and coughed up blood before going limp, feeling betrayal burn through his heart before everything went dark a final time.

-END OF ANY POTENTIAL GORE---

‘It hurts, so bad’ She thought as she looked up at the sky. ‘I hope you were right, I needed to do this…right?’ She thought but anymore thoughts were interrupted by a scream causing her to whip around and come face to face with her brother.

“WHAT DID YOU DO?! WHY WOULD YOU TAKE HIS LAST LIFE?!” Sharpdove yelled, feeling shock burn through him at his sister;s actions.

“Sharpdove wait I-I can expl-” Coralboar was roughly shoved aside as Sharpdove checked StoneStar, hoping there was a chance.

“…Leave” Sharpdove said causing Coralboar to stare in shock. “Leave and never return, you aren’t part of this clan anymore” Sharpdove and Coralboar opened her mouth to argue before shutting it.

“I didn’t want to, a StarClan nicheling told me I needed to” She whispered getting Sharpdove’s attention, but before he could ask she left, quickly vanishing into the grasses.

“…I never got anything from them” Sharpdove said to himself, deciding he had some questions for the starry nichelings.

16.png.cc216c4a63e6e953c20e3f977acf0a9b.png

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

(Short update but hey it's AN update!)

Sharpdove finished explaining what happened to Badgerclaw.

“That is…a lot” Badgerclaw said as she processed everything Sharpdove explained to her. “But is StoneStar is now truly dead and Coralboar was his deputy we have no back up to know who’s leader” Badgerclaw said making Sharpdove to look down at his paws in thought.

“We could vote, apparently the clan did that when it first began” Sharpdove said remembering something that Yellowleaf had mentioned of handedly once.

“Hm, sounds good to me. You should probably gather to other cats, maybe leave out a few details to make sure there isn’t a mass panic though” Badgerclaw suggested which Sharpdove couldn’t exactly disagree with.

Sharpdove climbed on the leader rock, almost slipping off.

“Nichelings of WildClan!” He spoke causing the others to gather, a bit confused. “StoneStar has lost his last life to sickness and Coralboar is gone so we need to vote for a new leader” Sharpdove didn’t like lying to the clan like this but it was needed to have a calm and rational vote. “So who would like a chance at leadership?” He asked, narrowing it down would make it easier and ensure no one that didn’t want to lead would end up being picked.

Marigoldpounce and Badgerclaw stepped up.

“If that’s all everyone else cast their votes” Sharpdove said.

“Marigoldpounce” “Badgerclaw” The two other cats spoke making them look at each other before looking back at Marigoldpounce and Badgerclaw.

“Guess I’ll be the tiebreaker”  Sharpdove said as he looked at the two and thought it over for a little bit first. “I vote for Badgerclaw” Marigoldpounce deflated. “That means that Marigoldpounce will be the deputy” He finished making Marigoldpounce perk back up. “I hope StarClan accepts you” Sharpdove nodded towards Badgerclaw before getting off of the leader rock.

The nichelings dispersed to do their own things.

17.png.b3dab69f62191e338a595df9cf1310cd.png

Mosskit and Canarykit were now apprentice age!

They both wanted to be warriors but Sharpdove was getting old and a clan with a medicine nicheling was a death wish.

Sharpdove woke up in the stars making him look around curiously until a shimmering nicheling approached him.

“Are you here to tell me what Coralboar was talking about?” Sharpdove asked and the nicheling just ignored his question entirely.

“The apprentice you seek is as bold as the colors of a bluejay and as odd as a pink crow” The nicheling simply spoke before the world turned dizzy and he awoke in the world of the living again.

“As bold as the colors of a bluejay and as odd as a pink crow?” Sharpdove repeated to himself as if that would give him the answers he craved. “Those two are to be apprenticed at sunhigh, so which one?” He thought to himself before realizing. “Mosspaw is a troublemaker and a bit of an oddball, it has to be her. I’ll inform BadgerStar” He said to himself before he walked off to tell BadgerStar.

“Hm well we do need a medicine nicheling, alright” BadgerStar nodded before going to make the announcment.

“Canarykit, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and defend your clan even with your life?” BadgerStar asked making Canarykit grin.

“I do” She agreed.

“Until you get your warrior name you will be known as Canarypaw” There were various cheers for the new apprentice.

“Mosskit, there has been a sign that shows that you will be the next medicine nicheling” BadgerStar’s words brought no joy to Mosskit, she just stared in shock and betrayal, she wanted to fight and hunt!

“But I don’t want to be one!” Mosskit squeaked out angrily.

“It’s either this or you don’t get to get a different name” BadgerStar didn’t care much but she knew they needed a medicine nicheling.

“…Fine” Mosskit was crushed, her dreams…her hopes…her chance! Gone.

“Than until you earn your medicine cat name you will be known as Mosspaw” The nichelings cheered but Mosspaw just stared at her paws blankly.

The nichelings left to do their own activities after that.

18.png.0c478920275fe4c83926d4a706c77a3b.png

Sharpdove was explaining how to use every part of the healing plant but but Mosspaw was half listening at best.

“Are you even listening?” Sharpdove asked as he sternly looked at his apprentice.

“No, because I don’t want to be a medicine nicheling” Mosspaw huffed as she looked away from Sharpdove.

“Well StarClan said you would be next, it’s an honor to be chosen by StarClan personally” Sharpdove said, knowing it was rare to have that happen.

“Well tell StarClan to pick some other nicheling” Mosspaw grumbled as she stared at her paws angrily.

“What StarClan says goes, and besides, a medicine nicheling is one of the msot important nichelings in the clan” Sharpdove said, feeling a bit exhausted with his apprentice, though he did feel kind of bad for her.

“I don’t care, I want to hunt, to fight, to be strong!” Mosspaw said with a shine in her eyes before she deflated. “But this prophecy took away my dream” She scoffed as she batted away a moss ball.

“A medicine nicheling is strong, they have to face injuries and death more than any other” Sharpdove said while Mosspaw just huffed. “Just listen please” He asked making Mosspaw sighe but nod.

“Fine” She grumbled before Sharpdove continued his lesson.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Mudtail and Frosteyes were shocked as they found an apprentice aged nicheling in the grasses while patrolling.

“What’s your name?” Frosteyes asked as she wondered why this nicheling was here.

“I’m Sandpaw!” The nicheling said making the other two more surprised, a clan or at least former clan nicheling?

“Where is your clan?” Mudtail asked making Sandpaw look down sadly.

“The island we were on before was overwhelmed with bearyena so they told me to run but when I got here none of my other clanmates arrived” Sandpaw said as he looked at the ground.

“Well you could join our clan” Frosteyes suggested.

“But what if my clan mates come back?” Sandpaw asked as he looked at the two nichelings.

“Well you can stay with us until they do” Frosteyes said though she had a feeling they never would, it was mostly to reassure Sandpaw.

“Okay but if they come back I’m going with them” Sandpaw said making Frosteyes a bit worried about the small chance but shoved it down and nodded. “Alright, come with us!” Mudtail said, excited to have a bigger clan, before leading the two back to the camp.

/

“Well the nicheling already knows of clan life and wants to join so sure” BadgerStar agreed, mostly just wanting to go back to sleep, being leader is a lot of work. “Do you promise to uphold the warrior code and defend your clan, even with your life?” BadgerStar recited as she looked at Sandpaw.

“I do” Sandpaw said though he was hesitant, what if his clan came back?

“Then until you become a warrior you will be mentored by Mudtail” BadgerStar said making Mudtail perk up curiously, she would be his mentor? “Teach him all you know” She finished making Mudtail go up and touch noses with Sandpaw. “That’s all” BadgerStar said before leaping down from the stump and causing nichelings to disperse.

“How far into your training were you?” Mudtail asked making Sandpaw look over at her.

“Hm two moons!” Sandpaw chirped making Mudtail nod.

“Well let’s go do some hunting practice” Mudtail said making Sandpaw grin before the two ran off…not knowing a nicheling was watching with slight bitterness but also awe.

“That could’ve been me…” Mosspaw said sadly as she watched them disapper into the grasses. But she just sighed and went back to her mentor, dragging her paws.

1.png.8bfbbcb016d583b4b1d6db45a3e4cfd1.png

A sickness had started to spread through camp and although Sharpdove was trying his best it ended up taking all of BadgerStar’s lives.

‘At this rate I’ll be known for having leaders lose all their lives under my care’ Sharpdove thought bitterly as she continued to try and heal everyone as best e could with an unenthusiastic Mosspaw.

/

“Seeing as I am the new leader I need to choose a new deputy” Marigoldpounce, or MmarigoldStar now, said to the gathered nichelings causing some whispering. “Frosteyes, will you be the clan’s deputy” Frosteyes was shocked, she was choosing a blind nicheling?

“If you’d like me to than it’d be an honor” Frosteyes spoke with a slight bow of her head.

“Then you will be the deputy, clan dismissed” MarigoldStar said making the nichelings disperse.

“Congratulations!” Mudtail chirped as she nuzzled her mate, excited for her new position in the clan.

“Thank you” Frosteyes smiled as she nuzzled her back. hoping she would be good at this.

(I FORGOT THE SCREENSHOT-)

---------------

Life had become brutal for everyone but especially Mosspaw, she wasn’t even 12 moons and it felt like life had it out for her and this entire clan.

First MarigoldStar also lost her lives to this sickness, then her mentor died from said sickness, meaning she had to do it all still as an apprentice, and then a bearyena appears to come try and kill more nichelings!

Mosspaw launched herself at it even with her lack of battle training and due to her inexperience a claw was being aimed at her but Canarypaw jumped in front of her, taking a hit across her left shoulder.

Mosspaw gasped before going to inspect the wound while the other clan members continued attacking it.

“Stay still” Mosspaw growled making Canarypaw huff but comply.

“It’s deep, you won’t be able to do your warrior duties until it’s decently healed” Mosspaw said.

“But I want to hunt!” Canarypaw said making Mosspaw roll her eyes.

“Yeah yeah, c’mon” She said as she helped her sister to the medicine den and started to work on the wound.

Thankfully the bearyena was taken down with no other injuries.

3.png.ca0a981747d1ca1261bf9a2bc58b0840.png

Life was stressful but Mosspaw decided to tell Mudtail something that was a more quiet struggle as she and Frosteyes, or FrostStar now, were the only adult nichelings Mosspaw was close to.

“I just want a mane like Sandpaw and I don’t want to be called she, wanna be he, with a mane!” Mosspaw huffed making Mudtail blink in shock before softly smiling.

“I have an idea” Mudtail said, excited that Mosspaw told her first, and happy because she felt she would know better than most about a similar feeling. Mosspaw followed her curiously as they came across a puddle with mud in it.

“Why are we by some mud?” Mosspaw asked curiously.

“Well Mud is a loner nickname I got because I use mud to flatten my mane to my head” Mudtail hummed as she gathered some mud on her paws.

“You have a mane?” Mosspaw asked making Mudtail slightly frown but grin again.

“Well I wanted to be a she so I flattened my mane. And you want to be a he so I can give you a mane” Mudtail said and before Mosspaw could ask anything Mudtail put some mud on the top and sides of Mosspaw’s head and pushed it back to look spikier and shaped it into shape before pulling back.

“What did you do?” Mosspaw asked curiously.

“Look in the puddle at your reflection” Mudtail simply said making Mosspaw go over and look before gasping.

“I have a mane now!” Mosspaw said, admiring the reflection.

“Yep, now you have a mane to match how you feel” Mudtail grinned making Mosspaw beam before running off to show everyone as this gave more confidence.

Mudtail just laughed before following behind.

4.png.cf6309cc2807ce33480e837ed2b32f36.png

FrostStar felt both in agony and completely empty after learning Mudtail had also been taken by the sickness that was ravaging the clan.

‘Why her? Why did you have to take my wonderful mate away?’ She thought as she sat by the body of her mate, not leaving until the next moonrise as she didn’t know how she would continue without her.

“I tried, I promise” Mosspaw said as he noticed how pained FrostStar looked.

‘I won’t take it out on him, he was only an apprentice and had to do this by himself’ FrostStar calmed herself before she spoke to Mosspaw.

“It’s alright, you did your best” FrostStar said making Mosspaw slightly growl.

“But my best wasn’t good enough! I’m not a good medicine nicheling I don’t know why they chose me!” Mosspaw growled as he felt anger at the fact he couldn’t save the nicheling closest to him.

“StarClan is confusing, but they chose you for a reason, even if you can’t see it now. You’re a good medicine nicheling you’re just under a lot pressure with this sickness” Frosteyes reassured the extremely stressed out apprentice, he deserved to be made a full medicine nicheling by now didn’t he? “I feel you deserve your name” FrostStar spoke making Mosspaw look up in shock.

“But I’m only eleven moons” He said making FrostStar smile.

“You deserve it” FrostStar said.

/

“Mosspaw has trained hard in the ways of the medicine nicheling and even helped during such a stressful event like this so I feel he deserves his medicine nicheling name a moon early” FrostStar said on the stump. “From now on you will be known as Mossbeetle, for your bravery and strength during such a tough time in the clan” FrostStar said making Mossbeetle smile before it dropped as he realized this was it, he would never have a chance at being a warrior now.

The other nichelings, that were left anyway, cheered as they congratulated him on such a rare thing but everything felt numb as he never wanted this role but was now permnantly stuck in it.

‘Guess that’s it, I’ll never get to fight, to hunt for the clan, to fight any potential wars’ He thought as he walked off to the medicine den.

(No screenshot part two-)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I turned down the animal texture quality so they might look a lil different)

So much happened in the last moon, the three felt exhausted and disoriented, the clan life they had grown up in and were used to felt shattered as while they did have a medicine nicheling, FrostStar had died from sickness as well and she had never made a deputy because the 3 left were too young before and now they were the only remnant left of WildClan.

“I’m not sure what to do” CanaryStar, they had decided she was the best choice, said as she rubbed her eyes with one of her paws, she was the leader of a completely broken clan now and she had no idea how she would continue it.

“I don’t know” Sandwing, formerly Sandpaw, admitted as he looked at the 2 other nichelings, still unbelieving that this was a thriving, or at least decent, clan when he first joined. He was now the deputy but he was so confused.

“This clan will die with us” Mossbeetle said bitterly as he stared into nothingness. His family, except his sister, was gone as was Mudtail and FrostStar, the only ones he really cared about.

“It won’t!” CanaryStar protested but one withering stare from her brother made her just sigh and stare at the grass below her paws.

“…” The silence felt deafening and painful as the 3 remaining WildClan nichelings silently continued their duties, feeling on autopilot rather than actually caring anymore.

/

The stars seemed to take mercy on them as soon enough Sandwing came across a group of 4 loners!

“Would you four like to join our clan?” Sandwing asked a bit loudly making all the nichelings turn to him with surprise or alarm.

The four stared before agreeing after a bit of debating and were promptly renamed to more warrior like names. Firefang, Robinbriar, Daisyfall, and Tigerthorn.

(A bit rushed but listen I was desperate-)

1.png.29b61cd89d5a8fff3c898392e66ecd95.png

I don’t exactly remember how injuries were healed so if anything is ever off just uh pretend it is right or just how it works here-)

Mossbeetle’s ears twitched as he heard pawsteps, he just turned around to see Sandwing in the medicine den.

“I snagged a thorn while clearing some grass” He explained as he lifted his paw to show a pretty large thorn stuck between his toes.

“Right, sit down” Mossbeetle said in a tone that said there was no room for argument so Sandwing went over to a moss bed and obediantly sat down.

“So how y-ow!” Sandwing yelped as Mossbeetle took out the thorn with his teeth. “Um do you wanna hang out later?” Sandwing asked but just recieve silence as Mossbeetle turned around.

Mossbeetle still didn’t speak at all as he grabbed some golden blooms and chewed them up. He simply used his paw to apply the chewed up flowers to the place where the thorn was to prevent infection.

“Don’t overexert yourself and it’ll heal fine” Mossbeetle only spoke after and seemed to completely ignore the question making Sandwing slightly deflate, he knows he heard because his ear twitched toward him. ‘Does he not like my company?’ He thought before realizing he’d just been staring at Mossbeetle.

“Oh right, yeah I’ll be careful” Sandwing agreed before leaving the medicine den and towards his own nest.

2.png.d588ef5ebf6fba705617fc8260ce73b6.png

“You seem quite stressed” CanaryStar swore she almost jumped right out of her fur after hearing Daisyfall’s voice right next to her.

“I…guess I’m a bit stressed, I was only made leader about a moon before you four showed up” CanaryStar sighed making Daisyfall hum in thought.

“If that’s the case I suppose there’s a reason this clan it so small, you’re probably having a hard time managing it?” Daisyfall said it like a question but CanaryStar had a feeling that it was more of a statement, Daisyfall seemed like a smart nicheling anyways.

“Yeah a sickness just appeared and took out a lot of the clan and at least three leaders of all their lives” CanaryStar felt sick, in a feelings way, at the thought of that sickess. Why had StarClan been cruel enough to not even warn them of such a tragedy?

“Odd, but I do feel sorry. It must’ve been hard” Daisyfall said, so this clan had been weakened by a sickness? That explains a lot, the small numbers, the general hopelessness, and also Mossbeetle’s air of pure exhaustion.

“It was…but I have to be strong, as leader, and I have to raise the clan back up” CanaryStar was determined to lead this clan to a height it’s never reached before, perhaps even high enough to reach the stars themselves.

“I can see why you were chosen as leader” Daisyfall hummed as he saw the look in CanaryStar’s eyes. ‘A strong hearted leader who would do whatever it takes to keep the clan safe, a good leader indeed’ He thought to himself.

CanaryStar just smiled as thanks.

“…I should check on the clan” CanaryStar broke the silence, wishing she could stay and relax with Daisyfall a little longer.

“I see, perhaps we’ll talk more some other time you aren’t so busy” Daisyfall agreed, the other 3 former loners, from what he does know, wouldn’t cause trouble usually but it’s better to check.

“I hope so” CanaryStar agreed before walking back to the camp and checking on the others.

3.png.2c9aa29ab048812c4a1ce1809b05a81c.png

CanaryStar was lost.

Completely lost in the grasses as she had patrolled farther than usual and lost sight and scent of the camp. She then hissed after she tripped and a thorn cut across the front of her front leg.

‘Well this isn’t going well’ She thought as she walked through the grasses aimlessly but then decided to run as she thought she heard something, though her leg very much protested, and ended up collidiing with something, or perhaps someone.

“OW Hey watch where you’re going” An unknown nicheling spat after turning around and seeing an unknown nicheling, though feeling a bit relieved it wasn’t a young bearyena or something.

“Calm down you don’t look hurt at all, if anything I am because of your spines” CanaryStar scoffed as she rubbed at a spot that had gotten poked. The other nicheling blinked in shock, most nichelings ran off after hearing he snapped at them.

“Good, what’s a nicheling like you doing around here?” The nicheling asked as he looked over this yellow nicheling, determining if they were a threat, though he did stare at the injury before looking back at their eyes.

“I’m trying to get back home, lost my way and got lost” CanaryStar decided lying may land her in worse situations so she just said the truth.

“Wow impressive” The nicheling automatically snarked making CanaryStar scowl.

“I’ll just find my way myself” CanaryStar said before turning around and starting to try and walk back.

“You’re just gonna hurt yourself worse fuzz brain” The nicheling scoffed as he walked in front of her, making her stop and look at him. “Come with me, I know where a healing fruit is that you could eat” The nicheling said making CanaryStar narrow her eyes.

“But you were being rude just a moment ago, why would I trust that?” She asked making the nicheling bristle.

“If you wanna bleed out fine, but I wanted to give you a chance to live” The nicheling said, a bit irritated his chance at kindness was just met with rejection.

“…Fine” CanaryStar sighed, she had more lives anyway right? So she followed this nicheling to wherever she was being led.

/

The nicheling stopped in front of a healing plant, slightly surprising CanaryStar as she assumed he was just leading her to an ambush.

“Are you gonna stare or eat it?” The nicheling said as he stared at CanaryStar.

“Yeah I’m going” CanaryStar said as she started to eat the fruit, relieved at the way it made the pain lessen and feel much better. “What’s your name anyways?” She asked after eating making the nicheling stare at her before speaking.

“Bird, who are you?” The nicheling said, this nicheling wasn’t the worst company, his brother took that title most of the time.

“I’m CanaryStar” Bird internally sighed, of course the best company he’s had since being a kit was a clan nichling, but she didn’t seem to act as prideful as he thought a clan leader would so maybe it’d be fine this time.

“Well your clan is probably worried, it’s almost sundown” Bird said making CanaryStar stand up in alarm before noting that the sky was indeed getting dark.

“You’re right but I’m lost” She sighed in irritation.

“Any hints you could give me?” Bird said, having a clan of nichelings after him because he was seen with CanaryStar when CanaryStar was injured wasn’t what he wanted.

“There’s a lot of nichelings, and um the scent of rabill and berries are very strong” Not much but Bird had a good sense of smell so he just nodded before sniffing around.

/

It took until moonrise but he found the edge of the territory.

“Thank you, do you want to join the clan?” CanaryStar felt that, even with the abrasive personality, Bird deserved to join the clan quite a bit.

“No” Bird gave a monotone reply, the thought of being in a clan made him sick.

“Oh, maybe I could visit you again sometime now that I know the way there?” CanaryStar asked making Bird think before nodding. “I’ll see you soon than Bird, be careful” CanaryStar said, loners had tough lives she’s heard.

“I haven’t died yet” Was all Bird said before turning around and disappearing into the grasses.

CanaryStar was met with worry, even from her usually cold brother, but she reassured everyone and told them she got lost but a kind loner guided her back.

4.png.edfc1ba3374431a7dd82a3696c67f8e7.png

Daisyfall simply watched as the grasses swayed with the breeze, he had already hunted so why waste more energy than needed?

He just tilted his head as he saw Mossbeetle approach him. ‘He’s usually quite the recluse, I wonder what he would talk to me about’ Daisyfall thought as Mossbeetle stopped before him.

“I heard you found another healing plant, can you show me where it is?” Mossbeetle made his voice even, something about Daisyfall put him on edge though he couldn’t pin it down.

“Ah, right. Follow me” Daisyfall gestured to follow with his tail as he got up and started walking making Mossbeetle silently follow him.

/

“Here it is” Daisyfall said as he stepped aside to reveal another healing fruit.

“This will be good for the clan, though I do have a question for you” Mossbeetle said as he turned towards the other nicheling.

“Sure” Daisyfall was curious, was this the actual reason he asked him to show him the healing fruit?

“What do you intent to do here?” Mossbeetle asked with narrowed eyes. ‘So he thinks I have an evil plan?’ Daisyfall thought, interesting indeed.

“To live a clan life, perhaps have kits of my own” Daisyfall answered honestly, he had no plans beyond that at the moment. Mossbeetle kept a narrow eyed gaze on him before sighing.

“Alright, thanks for finding another healing plant” Mossbeetle said but wandered off before Daisyfall could reply.

‘…Trust isn’t easy for him is it?’ He thought to himself before going back to camp.

5.png.2a22a8d23c06593c2ba73398c28e02e3.png

A bearyena had attacked because it was getting to peaceful apparently. Sandwing was the only one hurt but it wasn’t a pretty injury.

“Eat this” Mossbeetle said as he pushed the bitter healing fruit over to Sandwing, who’s nose scrunched up at the smell. But he the withering glare he got from Mossbeetle made him quickly start eating it, and it did help.

Mossbeetle used the same flowers from before to put on his wound after stopping the bleeding.

“You’ll be here for about a moon seeing as your injury is bad” Mossbeetle explained making Sandwing deflate before realizing this would be a great chance to actually interact with Mossbeetle.

“Okay” Sandwing agreed.

“…You seem very dedicated for a nicheling who didn’t want their role” Sandwing’s words made Mossbeetle still.

“No one else will do it” Was all he responded with before going back to checking on the herb supply.

“I guess you’re right” Sandwing felt bad about his words the second he said them and even worse at Mossbeetle’s reaction and words. ‘I wish I had my old clan so I could take you away from the stressfull life you’ve been forced into’ Sandwing thought to himself as he watched Mossbeetle work.

6.png.87b7d51c96006550827729ec4e786f4c.png

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

After a few sunrises in the medicine den Sandwing was curious to see another nicheling stroll into the medicine den.  Mossbeetle walked over to Robinbrair to see if something was wrong but Robinbriar spoke first.

“I’ve felt a lot of nausea lately so I wanted to see if something was wrong” She explained, deciding to save Mossbeetle from asking seeing as she wouldn’t come into the medicine den without reason.

Mossbeetle gestured towards a moss nest with his tail, a silent command to lay down so he could check on her. She quickly complied, walking over to the nest and laying down before watching Mossbeetle appproach. He silently checked her over for anything odd though he did ask something. “Did you eat any odd smelling prey lately, or any berries?” Just to check if it was something like that.

“No, the prey smelled fine and I don’t make a habit of eating berries I find in the forest” Robinbriar answered with a slight roll of her eyes, she wasn’t rabill-brained or something. Mossbeetle simply nodded and continued to check for anything odd. After checking he realized what it was.

“You’re pregnant, congratulations” Mossbeetle said simply, though he was a bit curious about the father as he wasn’t aware of her having a mate, though he didn’t exactly socialize beyond talking to injured or sick nichelings. Robinbriar blinked in shock before beaming, she would have kits! She and her mate would be able to raise kits of their own and truly feel like they belonged in this clan.

“Firefang is gonna be so happy” Robinbriar tried to keep a formal tone but her excitement slipped through and into her voice. Mossbeetle simply gave a hum of acknowledgement as he went back to sorting herbs.

“You should only push doing your warrior duties for a moon before staying in here, anymore could harm the kits” He warned as he moved a misplaced herb to its correct place.

“Don’t worry, I want to make sure they’re strong and healthy” Robinbriar spoke before getting up and excitedly trotting off to tell Firefang.

/

Upon reaching her mate Robinbriar all but tackled him with excitement causing the blind nicheling to hiss in shock before registering the scent of his mate.

“What’s got you so excited, you almost knocked me over” Firefang joked with a grin as he faced the general direction of his mate.

“Mossbeetle said I’m pregnant! We’ll have our own kits, I can’t wait to raise them with you” Robinbriar purred as she snuggled up to her mate. Meanwhile Firefang froze. ‘K-kits? I’ll be having kits?’ He thought to himself with shock and fear. Noticing her mate’s stiff posture Robinbriar pulled away from him and looked at him in a concerned way.

“What’s wrong?” Robinbriar asked with concern and a hint of fear, was he going to break up with her now? She thought he’d be happy about this.

“Oh nothing! Just shocked, in a good way” Firefang hated lying to his mate but she couldn’t know how he really felt about this whole thing, they might not stay mates if she did know.

“Oh, that makes sense, I guess it was a bit sudden but at least you’re happy with it than” Robinbriar said with relief as she leaned against him again, which did make Firefang relax a little.

“Yeah, can’t wait…” Firefang forced himself to say with a cheery tone as he simply took in the smells and sounds around them.

1.png.bcc658f28c1bef02e37bf592fb8ffdce.png

CanaryStar was patrolling the edges of the territory herself as she thought she smelled something, and she had all 5 lives left so if something did happen she would be fine and could warm her clanmates, she reasoned with herself.

She felt more alert as she picked up on the scent of an unknown nicheling. ‘I should make sure they’re not a threat’ She thought to herself as she stalked towards the scent, being as quiet and careful as she possibly could. She stilled as she saw the nicheling, they were a quilled nicheling with horns and red fur that got lighter closer to their paws.

“You’re good but I do know you’re there” The nicheling spoke without turning around causing CanaryStar to jump in shock before deciding to speak.

“What’s your name, you’re on clan territory” She put as much authority in her voice as she could but the other nicheling just chuckled.

“I’m Berry, and you don’t need to chase me off. I’m not stealing food or healing fruit and I have no intention to harm anyone” The nicheling said as he turned around to face her, revealing forest green eyes and a playful smile.

“Well I guess you’re fine than, I’m CanaryStar, leader of WildClan” CanaryStar said as she looked at Berry with curiousity.

“Makes sense, you seem like a good leader” Berry said making CanaryStar tilt her head.

“Thanks, would you like to join my clan?” CanaryStar asked making the nicheling shake his head.

“Tempting if someone like you is there, but no. I prefer the life of a loner, I’ll tell you if I ever change my mind though” Berry shrugged off her question.

“Oh alright, well I should get going than” CanaryStar said as she turned around but was stopped by what Berry said.

“Maybe we could meet on occasion? Once every quarter moon, if you have time?” Berry suggested, curious because he may not like clan nichelings but this one seemed interesting to him. CanaryStar froze before thinking it over, was it right for a clan leader to meet with a loner so often? Well it couldn’t hurt right?

“Sure, but sometimes I may be busy due to my position” CanaryStar said making Berry grinned

“I understand, see you soon” Berry said as he watched the clan leader walk off. ‘CanaryStar huh? That’s the one my brother met right? Well than I suppose I know what I could do’ He thought to himself before going back to him and his brother’s home.

2.png.172040fb9ff6619b026a1b4ce543e608.png

“What do you think about that medicine nicheling rule?” Sandwing asked making Mossbeetle simply look at him with a tilt of his head. “The one about not having a mate or kits?” Sandwing clarified making Mossbeetle hum in thought.

“It’s not something that can be changed, but if a medicine nicheling has a well trained apprentice I don’t understand the problem” Mossbeetle answered, he didn’t understand why it was there under those circumstances, if their apprentice was well trained wouldn’t it be fine? Sandwing felt some hope swell in his heart, perhaps he did have a chance with him if he thought that, but he knew now wasn’t the time to confess.

The two did their different activities in silence for a little bit, Sandwing boredly pushing around a moss ball and Mossbeetle sorting herbs again, Sandwing noted he seemed to do that a lot.

“What would you do if you had a crush on someone but had that rule was still there?” Sandwing asked making Mossbeetle look at him with an unreadable emotion on his face.

“…Well I don’t have an apprentice so I wouldn’t have kits, but the code could weep all it wanted, I’d have my mate either way even if StarClan themselves tried to split us apart” Mossbeetle said, wondering why Sandwing was suddenly asking about it but brushing it off as simple curiousity, a medicine nicheling had more rules than warriors did it seemed. Sandwing didn’t know how to feel about that answer, it could be good but doesn’t that mean that if Mossbeetle felt like that the two would be mates already if he liked him like that? Sandwing just nodded in response making Mossbeetle once again focus on sorting herbs.

3.png.da956a24aeca55378abbbd84065319d7.png

“BEARYENA!” Those words made CanaryStar freeze in her track before turning around and sprinting to the source of that yell. When she got there she saw some of her clanmates snarling at one of the huge beasts before Tigerthorn jumped at it, getting to first attack in, and causing the other nichelings to attack as well in a flurry of claws, horns, and teeth.

IDK IF THIS COUNTS AS GORE BUT UH JUST IN CASE WARNING!

After some fighting CanaryStar saw it swipe directly as Daisyfall. Thinking quickly she jumped in front of him just in time for the bearyena’s claws to rip her chest completely open, spraying blood on the bearyena and even a close-by clanmate making everyone freeze for a second.

POTENTIAL FOR ANY GORE OVER!

“I’ll get her to Mossbeetle, keep fighting it off!” DaisyFall said as he grabbed CanaryStar before dragging her off to the medicine den. The other nicheling went back to fighting and soon it breathed its last breath.

/

“What happened?!” Mossbeetle’s alarmed voice scared Sandwing, he didn’t usually seem to concerned when seeing most injuries or sicknesses.

“A bearyena broke into camp and we were fighting it off, she jumped in front of me and got the attack that was meant for me” Daisyfall explained.

“Put her on one of the nests, carefully” Mossbeetle said as he tried to slip on a mask of indifference and calm himself down, panic wouldn’t do anyone good. Daisyfall walked over and placed CanaryStar on the nest as Mossbeetle grabbed some herbs.

Mossbeetle quickly started checking over CanaryStar, he knew she had multiple lives as a leader but she was still his sister and he worried, he knows personal bonds shouldn’t be a thing with his position but he wanted to make sure her wounds were dealt with when she woke back up.

/

She soon returned to the living world making Mossbeetle extremely relieved.

“Good to see you’re alive again” Mossbeetle said in a somewhat cold voice but CanaryStar knew her brother by now and noticed the slight change in his tone.

“Yeah no need to worry, I have more than one life remember?” CanaryStar said as she slowly got up, feeling a bit weak and sore but otherwise okay.

“Just because you have more doesn’t mean you should be reckless” Mossbeetl said as he watched his sister slowly get up.

“I was saving a clanmates life, it was nowhere near a waste” CanaryStar huffed.

“I know, but do be careful” Mossbeetle said as CanaryStar left the den, which she just nodded to before going back to reassure the other clan nichelings.

4.png.69da1cd07e1d97d588448319b9b04025.png

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

• 1 month later...

I know it's almost been two months but behold an update!)

Sandwing felt mixed feelings about being freed from the medicine den, on one paw he didn’t have to sit around all day and could do his deputy duties again but now he wouldn’t get as many chances to try and chat with Mossbeetle due to their seperate duties that would take lots of their time.

“Are you ever gonna organize the patrols or are you gonna sit there and mope?” A voice jolted Sandwing out of his thoughts, causing him to snap his head up to see Tigerthorn staring at him with a raised eyebrow.

“Of course, I was simply…thinking of who to put together to minimize any fighting or arguing” Sandwing covered up his actual thoughts, knowing that it wasn’t exactly a good idea to keep thinking about it anyways. Tigerthorn didn’t believe him in the slightest but also didn’t really care enough to call him out on it.

“Well can I be on the next patrol? I’m bored and hunting some prey would be something to do” Tigerthorn asked as he wanted to just enjoy hunting instead of trying to socialize with the other clan members, he doesn’t know any other nichelings well due to that fact.

“Sure, more fresh kill is always better. I’ll lead the patrol and take you and Daisyfall with me” Sandwing agreed, maybe hunting would help clear his own head and get him back to being focused on his duties as a deputy, his feelings can be shoved aside.

“I’ll go grab him” Tigerthorn said, not wanting to talk to others but wanting to just get the patrol started so he could hunt, before walking off to get said nicheling.

/

Soon after Tigerthorn got Daisyfall the patrol set off into a small clearing to sniff around for any prey to bring back.

Tigerthorn separated from the patrol pretty quickly, focusing all his attention onto hunting and tracking down some prey. 

‘Finally, some peace and quiet’ He thought to himself as he sniffed the air, hoping something decent was around. His wishes were answered as he caught the faint scent of a rabbil. ‘Perfect’ He simply thought before starting to follow his nose.

He soon snuck up on his prey, unable to stop a small grin from stretching onto his face as he saw the white coat, which stuck out against the greenery around them. He slowly got closer and closer, minding his front paws to make sure he didn’t step wrong and make them hurt, until he was only a few tail-lengths away from the unaware creature.

He quickly pounced, shocking the creature and snapping its neck before it even had a chance to run. ‘Wonder what else is around…’ He thought but decided his paws weren’t really strong enough to dig and hide his current prey. So he decided to slowly start walking back to the other nichelings.

/

While Tigerthorn was hunting the other nichelings were talking, though they made sure to try and catch something first before deciding to converse with each other.

“So, what’s it like being the deputy of a clan?” Daisyfall asked as he turned towards the sandy nicheling causing Sandwing to tilt his head towards Daisyfall.

“Stressful, to be completely honest with you” Sandwing answered with a slight chuckle, he just returned to his duties but he had them before and could say with confidence, it wasn’t something he really enjoyed and the thought of becoming the leader of the clan was a bit sickening due to the stress he was sure he’d be under, he didn’t know how CanaryStar does this. Daisyfall nodded in response, he was sure it was, caring for oh so many nichelings and watching over the whole clan.

“But wouldn’t it be nice to have the chance to make bad choices and still get to live?” Daisyfall asked as he remembered the whole ‘leaders have multiple lives’ thing. Sandwing sighed at the question.

“I’m not sure, it would be nice to be able to make a bad mistake and have a chance to fix it but it also terrifies me. Where others die you’ll live and surely you’d have to watch as some of the nichelings you care about die knowing that they don’t have the same chance you do” Sandwing replied with a nervous edge to his voice, he was so afraid that he’d have to watch the nichelings around him die and live longer than they ever would. Daisyfall made a noise of interest, he didn’t really consider that but he supposes that would make sense.

“I see, that would be quite terrifying wouldn’t it?” Daisyfall asked rhetorically as he looked up at the clouds that slowly rolled above them.

It was silent until Tigerthorn returned with a rabbil in his jaws.

“Quite the plump rabbil you caught” Sandwing commented causing the orange nicheling to simply nod as he couldn’t really talk well while holding it, though he did seem to puff up a bit at the praise.

The patrol quickly returned to the camp, with the prey they had caught in tow, before all separating to do their own activities.

1.png.d910b9a7ded01dbbc2c4df91d9f38b4a.png

Soon Robinbriar had her and Firefang’s kits, two tiny kits were snuggled into Robinbriar’s side after.

“I think Redkit is a perfect name for this one, and this one could be named Twigkit” Robinbriar said as she looked at the tiny bundles of fur that were by her side, her and Firefang had discussed the names so they’d be ready when they arrived. Firefang smelled the scents of the new lives, frozen stiff as he didn’t really ever want kits but here he was, with two. 

“They’re not very noisy” Firefang commented, he had heard they make lots of noise so he was quite confused, and also trying to ignore the fact he now had kits.

“Twigkit is healthy and fine but Redkit is sickly so she may not make it through the night” Mossbeetle warned, deciding to let them name the kits first before he dropped the news of Redkit’s condition. Robinbriar froze halfway through grooming Twigkit’s fur.

“She might not survive?’ Robinbriar repeated with shock and some heartbreak at the mere thought of losing her kit so quickly. Firefang winced slightly at her tone, he wasn’t too attached to the kits but he knew Robinbriar was, from the way she kept talking about them and saying how she’d make sure to be a good mother to them, and she is his mate so he doesn’t want her to be sad either.

“Yes, so know that you may only have one kit” Mossbeetle said bluntly as he turned towards his herb store, he wasn’t trying to be hurtful but he didn’t like sugarcoating things and giving false hope to a dire situation.

Robinbriar was silent as she started to groom Redkit’s pelt.

/

The next morning Robinbriar felt nothing but relief at the fact Redkit was still breathing next to her, showing she had survived the night.

“She’s alive! I’m so happy” Robinbriar said with affectione as she started to groom the sickly kit’s head, causing her to squeak and fuss at her mother. Firefang had to admit he was happy, he didn’t want kits but he didn’t want them to die either.

“Once she’s off of milk she’ll need to eat berry bush roots sometimes to keep up her strength” Mossbeetle said as he started to sort the herb store.

“As long as she lives I don’t care what we have to do” Robinbriar said as she finished grooming Redkit and started on Twigkit.

2.png.fc9b6b901895b8c3451ed132280d56ee.png

CanaryStar had visited with Berry quite a few times now, finding him to be quite kind, if not a bit of a troublemaker.

“A nicheling couldn’t be that rabbil-brained” Canary slightly scoffed with disbelief at what Berry was telling her about a loner he’d met a while ago.

“Oh yes they can be, not only did he steal from a vicious group of rogues but then he insulted the leader’s kit, on purpose!” Berry continued with a snort, knowing the nicheling practically signed a deathwish with that comment. CanaryStar’s jaw slightly hung open with her shock at what she was hearing.

“Did he survive?” CanaryStar asked as she leaned forward a bit with her curiosity. Berry sighed but nodded in response to her question.

“Yeah, but he has a pretty nasty scar across his chest now from it, got pretty lucky” Berry said with a chuckle, wondering what would’ve happened if he was just a bit slower in his running.

“Wow, you’ve got quite the array of stories from being a loner” CanaryStar said with a slight bit of envy, she knew she needed to be the leader but the thought of leaving clan life was tempting at times.

“Comes with that type of life” Berry agreed simply. CanaryStar let out a yawn, feeling exhaustion pull at her limbs from the little sleep she’d gotten recently.

“You seem tired, why don’t you lay down and rest for a little bit?” Berry suggested after noticing it.

“Tempting, but if I fell asleep too long the clan would lose their minds” CanaryStar said with a tired grin, mentally fighting off the drowsy feeling in her body, from her snout to her tail. 

“I’ll wake you up by sundown” Berry offered making CanaryStar look thoughtful. ‘A quick nap wouldn’t hurt right?’ She reasoned with herself before deciding.

“You better keep your promise” CanaryStar decided as she started to lay down and curl up. Berry simply nodded before going next to her and sitting in a loaf position, like cats do.

CanaryStar slightly stiffened at the feeling of their fur touching, she had only known him a few moons but she felt warm and fuzzy whenever she met with him, and after trying to subtly ask Daisyfall about the feeling he told her it sounded like a crush, she was slightly afraid considering he was a loner and she was a clan nicheling but the feeling was nice. Berry picked up on it and slightly grinned as he looked away from her, he knew she must be feeling something for him and that was honestly a perfect chance to put his plan into action, it would make quite a few things easier to play along.

After some time CanaryStar drifted off into a calm sleep.

/

At sundown Berry was tempted to just let her sleep anyways but decided that would win him no favors so he turned towards her and started poking her in the side with his paw. After some grumbling CanaryStar opened her eyes with a grumpy expression before remembering what happened.

“Thanks for letting me take a nap, but I should go” CanaryStar said as she got up with a stretch.

“Of course, see you soon” Berry said as he too got up from his sitting position. CanaryStar nodded before walking back to camp.

3.png.a2f3e92ca2cf8238ac09ce5be04625a4.png

“You can’t catch me, I’m an evil rogue who’s gonna split apart the- the” Redkit’s playful monologue was cut off by a sneeze, causing Twigkit to giggle in response. “Shoosh” Redkit huffed at her brother’s laughter. “As I was saying! I’m gonna split apart the clans so there’ll never be peace again!” Redkit finally finished her monologue as the two kits were playing good guy and bad guy.

“No! You’ll be defeated by me, and your group of evil rogues will never rise again!” Twigkit said before letting out a battle cry and launching himself at his sister, causing her to squeak before getting bowled over, not expecting the sudden attack.

She didn’t easily give in though as she batted at his face without her claws out, trying to push him off of her, the two tussled for some time before Redkit managed to push him off and bounce back onto her paws.

“You’ll never win clan nicheling!” Redkit squeaked before pouncing on him and causing the two to play fight once more, not noticing the way Robinbriar was watching them with an adoring and amused expression.

“She’ll surely survive, she’s quite tough for being sickly, don’t you agree?” Robinbriar said as she turned towards her mate, causing him to get snapped out of his thoughts.

“Oh yeah, of course” Firefang agreed as he listened to the voices of his two kits, still struggling to get truly attached to them, he wanted to adore them like his mate did but no matter how much he tried it seemed impossible for him to bond with them.

“What’s wrong, ever since they’ve been born you’ve been acting off” Robinbriar called him out, trying to wait for him to tell her himself but by now she knows he wouldn’t tell her by himself. Firefang froze upon hearing her words.

“I just am uh worried about Redkit” Firefang easily lied, it wasn’t entirely wrong. He may not have a bond with them but no kit deserves to die.

“Oh, well she’s tough, she’ll make it” Robinbriar reassured her mate as she nuzzle him.

Firefang just nodded before listening to his kits again, from what he could hear Twigkit was losing.

4.png.ea8b403fc26a3f4ccbb929acec982903.png

“…I’d ask but I feel like you won’t tell me” Mossbeetle said after doing a check up on his sister, and her silence told him a lot.

“I didn’t mean for this to happen” CanaryStar said in a small voice, knowing the potential consequences of what this could entail. Mossbeetle sighed, not good at comforting but knowing his sister probably needed it.

“Well you don’t have to tell anyone who the other parent is, and besides I’m sure you’ll take good care of them” Mossbeetle tried to comfort his sister, but even as a med nicheling he wasn’t the most comforting in the clan by a long shot. CanaryStar let out a small laugh, appreciating the effort anyways.

“Thanks, I just hope Sandwing will be okay with taking over when it gets near the end of my pregnancy” CanaryStar said with worry, not that she didn’t trust him but she hated the thought of dumping that on him when he seemed stressed enough about his duties as deputy, neither of them really got a choice in their roles.

“He’ll get used to it” Mossbeetle said as he turned towards the herb store, idly counting and seeing if the clan needed any specific herbs.

CanaryStar simply nodded as she got up before going back to her leader duties.

5.png.dc701203c2ffdb8d33289872f83be547.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A short update!)

(I didn’t feel like looking up the apprentice ceremony so it’s gonna be off)

Time felt like it flew as Redkit and Twigkit were now being made apprentices in the clan.

“Do you promise to uphold the warrior code and protect your clan, even with your life?” CanaryStar asked as she looked at Twigkit from on top of a large rock, making the young nicheling straighten his posture.

“I do!” Twigkit said excitedly as he looked up at the leader.

“Daisyfall please step forward” CanaryStar said as she looked over at the pink nicheling, making him momentarily have a look of surprise before stepping forward. “Do you promise to teach this apprentice everything you know?” CanaryStar continued as she looked him in the eyes.

“I do” Daisyfall said as he glanced at Twigkit for a moment before turning his gaze back towards the leader.

“Then from this moment until you earn your warrior name you shall be known as Twigpaw” CanaryStar said after turning towards Twigpaw, making him beam and puff up proudly before going over and touching noses with Daisyfall.

There were cheers of ‘Twigpaw!’ from the clan nichelings. CanaryStar then turned her attention towards the other young nicheling, causing Redkit’s gaze to snap up from where it was.

“Do you promise to uphold the warrior code and protect your clan, even with your life?” CanaryStar asked making Redkit stand a bit taller.

“I do” Redkit said with a nod.

“Tigerthorn please step forward” CanaryStar said as she looked at the striped nicheling. Tigerthorn quickly stepped forward and looked up at CanaryStar.

“Do you promise to teach this apprentice everything you know?” CanaryStar asked as she stared at Tigerthorn.

“I do” Tigerthorn said causing CanaryStar to look over at Redkit again.

“Then from this moment until you earn your warrior name you will be known as Redpaw” CanaryStar said causing cheers to erupt from the clan nichelings again as Redpaw and Tigerthorn touched noses.

“The clan meeting is dismissed” CanaryStar said after a few more moments before jumping down from the rock, almost falling because of her belly.

1.png.740745dd406bda0617cc85ba18ff4b9b.png

Less than a moon after the apprentice’s ceremonies CanaryStar had her kit.

“So, what are you naming her?” Mossbeetle asked as he looked at the kit snuggled by his sister’s side.

“Blossomkit” CanaryStar simply answered as she looked at the kit, her emotions waging war in her mind. She loved the kit and she knew she loved Berry but she was afraid of what the future would hold for Blossomkit if the clan found out about her origins, she knows that some of the current clan were loners but this felt…different.

Mossbeetle could see the thoughtful expression his sister was making but he wasn’t exactly sure how to, or even if he should, address it. So he turned towards the herb stores and idly began to sort them instead of talking about it.

“What should I do?” CanaryStar’s oddly small and nervous voice made Mossbeetle’s ear turn towards her.

“About what?” Mossbeetle asked, trying to figure out exactly what she was asking about.

“About where Blossomkit came from. Should I tell the clan and potentially make it harder for Blossomkit her entire life or do I hide it and potentially ruin her future?” CanaryStar asked making Mossbeetle still in his current task.

“I…don’t know” Mossbeetle eventually answered, not really having any idea and both of those options didn’t exactly sound ideal. CanaryStar deflated as she looked at the kit with a swirl of emotions as she tried to think of a solution to her problem. Mossbeetle’s ears slightly lowered with guilt as he didn’t have any idea how to help his sister with this difficult situation.

Then Mossbeetle stilled again as he had an idea.

“If you wanted I could ask Sandwing if he could pretend to be the father of Blossomkit, she looks kinda like him” Mossbeetle suggested, though for some reason the idea gave him a bitter taste in his mouth. CanaryStar slowly looked up.

“What if he doesn’t agree?” CanaryStar asked making Mossbeetle hum in thought.

“Why don’t we try first” Mossbeetle said, not having any idea what to do if that failed.

“Okay” CanaryStar simply said making Mossbeetle get up before walking off to find the deputy.

/

“Sandwing” Mossbeetle’s voice felt like it almost startled the fur off of Sandwing as he jumped, dropping a piece of prey, before whipping his head towards the med nicheling.

“Oh it’s you, what is it?” Sandwing asked as he noticed that Mossbeetle sounded more serious than usual, which concerned him a little bit.

“Come with me” Mossbeetle said as he turned around and started walking back to the medicine, making Sandwing slightly scramble to follow, feeling more concerned now.

/

CanaryStar slowly tilted her head up as she saw her brother and the deputy walk into the medicine den.

“Oh how cute! What’s their name?” Sandwing asked as he smiled at the kit.

“Blossomkit” CanaryStar answered as she looked at the kit once more.

“What a fitting name! But you did sound pretty serious when you brought me here” Sandwing said as he turned towards the medicine nicheling, making him nod.

“To put it bluntly, CanaryStar had a kit with a loner so now she doesn’t want to chance Blossomkit being ostracized for it so she wants you to pretend to be the kit’s father so no one suspects anything” Mossbeetle explained, stunning the deputy into silence for a little bit as he tried to process all that.

“But…I already love someone else” Sandwing said in a pained tone as he really didn’t want to choose between even a chance of getting with the one he loves and potentially watching a kit be left out for their heritage. CanaryStar turned her gaze to the ground as she realized what this would mean.

“I see, well then you can go but don’t tell anyone else about this” Mossbeetle said as he turned towards his sister without even giving Sandwing a glance anymore, which kind of hurt but Sandwing understood so he nodded before leaving, making the medicine den deathly quiet.

2.png.46d3bec849b98ea44dae23131b24607a.png

• Like 1