Stray Fawn Community

Kikonokian Language :)

Sky

so a long time ago when the first niche language came about, I made my own. it got messy and I didn't like it so I restarted it a while ago. today I remembered it, fixed some things, and added some words and I thought I'd go ahead and share it :D I made it styled like a real dictionary and everything haha (*laughs in pain because of how long it takes to add just one word*)

the Kikonokian Language!

and if you're curious, here's the old one. I'm reusing some of the words. 

• Like 2
  • Paw up 1

lol...my only verb so far means "to sacrifice", "to punish" and "to drown" (as well as the noun forms). how morbid of me

this has interesting roots though: Separate from the Kikonokian mythology is a religion known as Hallinism (or Hallinity). They worship a single god, Hallie, to which they make regular sacrifices by way of drowning. (these sacrifices are often volunteers, though.) Thus I think the word "hal" would have come to mean sacrifice, punishment, drowning, etc, and replaced whatever word(s) previously represented those meanings. This then spread to other tribes and eventually became the norm among Kikonokians.

• Like 4