Stray Fawn Community

Pet reptiles/amphibians/fish and their enclosures

CosmicChaos21

20 minutes ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

BALL PYTHON!!! What's her name?  I would love a snake but mom doesn't like snakes so : (  but if i could have one it'd be a BP a corn a hognose or (if i wanted to try my luck with a hot(venomus) one) a bush viper

I love Hognoses

also her name is Izzy

• Eek! 1

1 hour ago, Pancake said:

I love Hognoses

also her name is Izzy

I already love her (I'm stealing your snake this is a snake robbery(jk-))

Also if you could have any pet reptile/amphibian without having to worry about legal stuff and cost of care n all that what would you get?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

I already love her (I'm stealing your snake this is a snake robbery(jk-))

Also if you could have any pet reptile/amphibian without having to worry about legal stuff and cost of care n all that what would you get?

Leopard gecko

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

Wow that's alot of fish! do you have lots of different tanks for em or are they in like a few huge tanks? (I've only had betta fish before and one snail named zebra-) also do you watch any youtube channels to do with fish? I watch fish for thought

One BIIIIIIIG tank, I think 100l one

I don't watch any youtube channels with fish, my knowledge comes from a book about tank fish and my mom had danios once

(btw my snails are striped too!)

I'll fetch you photos in a while

• Eek! 1

19 hours ago, Modiano, Eater of Worlds said:

Idk which ones but not Trachemys scripta elegans (red eared) since it's straight up illegal

We have a red eared slider (They're not illegal here)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

Pretty fish!

Tetra was jealous and wanted in on the photos-

Also i love your tank, are those live or artifical plants?

Live, though they get digged off by fish sooner or later

Only Algey's house is artificial

• Eek! 1

4 hours ago, AlgaeEaterFishe said:

Live, though they get digged off by fish sooner or later

Only Algey's house is artificial

I've heard that some fish love digging up the plants but i hope they stop digging them up someday-  Also i like the placment of your plants, hope they get big and healthy someday.

• Love 1

the only pets ive ever had are the just cats and dogs but snakes and stuff are really cool : D but my mom would probably never want to get a pet other than a cat or dog except like, idk a bird or something???? very unlikely tho

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

I've heard that some fish love digging up the plants but i hope they stop digging them up someday-  Also i like the placment of your plants, hope they get big and healthy someday.

once Algey SAT on them

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Moptimus Prime said:

Konna. She might be as old as my mom but we'll never know for sure

I love the name! Yeah i don't think there's really a way to tell a turtles age from what i know. You think you'd ever get another turtle or would you rather just have one?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, cookie -she,her- said:

the only pets ive ever had are the just cats and dogs but snakes and stuff are really cool : D but my mom would probably never want to get a pet other than a cat or dog except like, idk a bird or something???? very unlikely tho

Ah yeah my mom does let me have more types of pets but she definitaly doesn't like snakes at all. Also what type of snake would you get if you could?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

I love the name! Yeah i don't think there's really a way to tell a turtles age from what i know. You think you'd ever get another turtle or would you rather just have one?

Her current tank is already a bit too small (we're planning on getting a bigger one) so I don't think it'd be a good idea to stuff another one in there

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

Ah yeah my mom does let me have more types of pets but she definitaly doesn't like snakes at all. Also what type of snake would you get if you could?

i would probably be too scared to actually get one even tho i know it would be fine because im a dumby little scaredy baby , if i Did tho i dont actually know many kinds of snakes or anything about them so idk !

i dont know what kind he is but i like this little guy hes great

sn7kjt2ckcw01.jpg.62f29ddf73565438fb1f0322b3ab8195.jpg

• Love 1

17 hours ago, Moptimus Prime said:

Her current tank is already a bit too small (we're planning on getting a bigger one) so I don't think it'd be a good idea to stuff another one in there

Ah alright, i've never had a turtle so are turtles very active? Or do they mostly stay in one spot?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cookie -she,her- said:

i would probably be too scared to actually get one even tho i know it would be fine because im a dumby little scaredy baby , if i Did tho i dont actually know many kinds of snakes or anything about them so idk !

i dont know what kind he is but i like this little guy hes great

sn7kjt2ckcw01.jpg.62f29ddf73565438fb1f0322b3ab8195.jpg

That's an albino hognose snake!(you can tell because of the coloration and the red eyes) Hognoses are pretty hissy from what I've seen on youtube n stuff. But they're usually pretty hesitant to bite they mostly just hiss at you.

• Eek! 2

3 hours ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

Ah alright, i've never had a turtle so are turtles very active? Or do they mostly stay in one spot?

Well she likes to lie on her platform under a lamp, but she also spends a lot of time in the water either swimming around or sleeping. She also likes getting to freeroam the apartment when her tank is being cleaned. We've even taken her outside a few times

• Eek! 1

1 hour ago, Moptimus Prime said:

Well she likes to lie on her platform under a lamp, but she also spends a lot of time in the water either swimming around or sleeping. She also likes getting to freeroam the apartment when her tank is being cleaned. We've even taken her outside a few times

She react well to being outside? Having a turtle does sound interesting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

She react well to being outside? Having a turtle does sound interesting.

Yeah, she liked wandering around in the grass.

It's probably interesting at first, but for me she's always been there so most of the time I kinda forget she even exists since she doesn't require nearly as much attention as our other pets. (In the summer she gets attention by constant splashing around because she wants to go on the balcony. She also used to constantly beg my dad for treats like this.) They look cool, but there's a reason she's had plenty of homes before ending up with us and also why people have released them into the wild. They just aren't that exciting in the long run, so people who can't commit get bored and find the easiest way to get rid of them, hence the reason they have become a problem. I'm sure they're fun for people who are into reptiles though.

• Sad 1