Stray Fawn Community

Wolf Pack Challenge

wolfkitty42

This is sorta just my playthrough of a personal challenge.

Started with two breeding pairs. Made two packs (named after gem colors so creative ik) and started them  in different directions. Since I started in the spring season I was looking for nests.

After a while I eventually found two nests, so I rolled to see how many pups each pair got. I can't entirely remember but I know two of the orange pack pups died to blue birds leaving only one female pup surviving. Similarly in the green pack there were only two male pups, one of which died to a bearyna. 

I sorta just went through the seasons for a while, not much happening till winter. Around summer/fall the orange pack accepted a blind loner into their pack, who ended up mostly pupsitting (Though by now 2F the orange pack's only pup was at the teen stage.) The pack encountered another loner, however she did not join their pack. After that the pack began moving around seeking out a new territory due to killer bearyna presence. 

The lone female continued to move towards the green pack territory. She was chased out.

Near the start of winter, the female had been hanging around the green pack territory upper border. She had managed a couple solo bearyna kills and was doing very well. When the mating season began she started moving into the green pack's territory.

Now came a confrontation. While Green1F and Green1M (green pack current alphas) had already mated, the lone female was very interested in the pack. She ended up managing to join and quickly rose through the ranks before winning a fight with Green1F. After that she mated with Green1M and I decided to name her Green2F. She had secured an alpha position.

2F continued to be highly aggressive to 1F, taking one of the better nests and forcing her out to the edges. Around now the orange pack had found a nest and their mating season had gone much more smoothly, Orange1M showing no interest in mating with the blind female.

Around the start of spring I rolled for pup litter amounts. For the orange pack I got only two pups, one of which was an albino male and the other a dark red female like her older sister Orange2F. The blind female quickly took on the brunt of the work raising and watching Orange1F's pups, since the female preferred to hunt.

I decided to pool the roll for the green pack's litters unless I got a very low amount (1-2) and rolled a six. 2F had four pups (Three males, one female, one male was albino) while 1F had two male pups. The pack was driving out many loners from their territory along with bearynas.

After killing a killer bearyna, some of the older pack members were wounded so less food was coming in, prompting 2F to attempt an attack on 1F's pups. 1F proved herself as a worthy defender, driving out 2F. (thank god my roll was lucky... i like 1F lol) 

Other than that I've reached summertime and all of the new pups are at teen stage. The yearlings haven't grown to the adult stage just yet.

Will update once I play more? Idk lol

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

Forgot to note the orange pack is kind of moving around and may be looking for a new territory. (CURSE YOU KILLER BEARYNAS) Just thought i'd do a quick tally of the packs...

Green Pack

1F and 1M sitting comfy in alpha positions

2M(?may be 3M i think i may be forgetting ill have to check) current yearling at teen size.

the pups (too many numbers to remember okay) 5 males (one albino male) 1 female at teen size

Orange Pack

1F and 1M keeping the alpha's positions well.

2F, current yearling, still at teen size.

2M and 3F (numbers may be slightly off again) current pups, at teen size.

Blind Female, lowest ranking of the pack. Mostly just kept around for pupsitting.

So.. That's the packs! Green2M (3M? the reason im getting confused btw is cause im sure he had a brother who died early) will probably be dispersing once he reaches adult size. (due to aging settings i cant set adult nearly high enough, so unfortunately i've got to have yearlings be leaving around 2 years if i want them to be able to have more than one litter of pups :<) I will also probably have Orange2F disperse once she reaches adulthood as well.

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

Alright! So just a quick note... I figured out how to manually set the ages, so the nichelings/wolves should live for twice as long! Making my life much easier... ;w;

Not much is going on. The orange pack has shifted their nest.

Near mid fall, Green3M (yes i figured it out he's not 2M he's 3M are u proud) dispersed. Now poor 1F and 1M have to juggle the six pups alone... What a handful! Orange2M also grew in late fall, though she's stayed by her (admittedly much smaller) pack. The blind orange pack female's health has been going down and she's been almost entirely staying by the den. Luckily the pack is still getting plenty of food, but the winter will be harsh on her.

Near late fall, the green pack killed another killer bearyna. They've been developing increasingly aggressive efforts to drive out loners. 

In other news, Green3M has reached the edge of the orange pack's territory. 

He attracted the attention of both Orange 2F and 1F (SEE IMAGE), though 1F quickly lost interest. 2F has been hanging around Green3M and the two have been bonding well.

Near midwinter the two were sighted headed into an unknown area. The breeding season will begin soon.

That's all for now, but I'll update in a bit!

Screenshot (23).png

• Paw up 1