Stray Fawn Community

The Tribe of Wings

Peanutpup77

Hello! This is my first playthrough so I hope it goes well. Before I start the story I'm going to give some background story about the characters.

My starter nichelings , Sparrow and Crow, were thrown out of their tribe because they had wings. They washed up on the shore of an new island. They decide to start a tribe, and call it the tribe of wings. The rules are-

1. A wanderer must have a tribe gene to join. The tribe genes are - Antenna, wings (bat or bird), bird beak, and big ears. If a wanderer doesn't have any of these genes, they will not be invited.

2. A nicheling in the tribe may breed with wanderers, even if they do not have the genes needed to join.

3. If a baby born in the tribe doesn't have the correct genes, once they are old enough they will be banished.

• Like 3
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, Peanutpup77 said:

Hello! This is my first playthrough so I hope it goes well. Before I start the story I'm going to give some background story about the characters.

My starter nichelings , Sparrow and Crow, were thrown out of their tribe because they had wings. They washed up on the shore of an new island. They decide to start a tribe, and call it the tribe of wings. The rules are-

1. A wanderer must have a tribe gene to join. The tribe genes are - Antenna, wings (bat or bird), bird beak, and big ears. If a wanderer doesn't have any of these genes, they will not be invited.

2. A nicheling in the tribe may breed with wanderers, even if they do not have the genes needed to join.

3. If a baby born in the tribe doesn't have the correct genes, once they are old enough they will be banished.

henlo new person!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Part 1

From the perspective of Sparrow

Sparrow was drenched and she couldn't remember why. All she could remember from the past month was the raft that had carried her out to sea, and the aching hunger that always seemed to linger in the pit of her stomach. Sparrow slowly opened her eyes. The bright blue sky was spinning and blurring. She tried to get up, and stumbled, landing on a patch of black fur that grunted at her. It wiggled and Sparrow fell off of it. She stood up again and this time was able to see the island in which she had landed on. It was bigger then any island Sparrow had ever seen! Tree's dotted the area, perfect for gathering from and nesting in. There seemed to be a cliff which rose up from a small patch of savanna. 

423957542_Screenshot(1).thumb.png.b08aa5e236acebecf8d50183ad7d9c29.png

756779260_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.8b6e2d14b27afd047e1c3b94f1bcf0ab.pngSuddenly the other nichelings head shot up. He hissed at sparrow. "Um... Hi?" Sparrow said. The creature relaxed. "Oh it's just you." He said. Suddenly, as Sparrow was looking over the other creature, she remembered his name. "Crow! I thought I was the only winged creature that got away!" Sparrow threw her wings around Crow, gleeful that her winged friend was alive. "Do you think the others survived? Kakoo, Chirp, and Finch?" Sparrow asked enthusiastically. Crow flew to the top of a palm tree and tried picked up a shell that was nearby. 918020931_Screenshot(3).thumb.png.54bf11b2545c6c585b6204ee92c668d4.png

"I don't know... maybe they washed up somewhere else on the island?" Crow said hopefully. "Lets go into the grasses and try to find them!" Sparrow exclaimed. She flew down the beach , heading over to a yellow savanna port, where she guessed one of the others might be. Crow pecked half heartedly at the shell one more time and then followed her along the beach. They layed down in the sand and fell asleep in minutes.

When Sparrow awoke the next day, some fish were just under the waves, teasing her. Sparrow wished she could jump down and grab them to get a meal, but if she did she would drown. Sparrow stared at the fish sadly, her stomach screaming at her to just jump into the water and grab them. Crow had woken up well Sparrow was looking at the fish. He spotted them and immediately jumped under the waves to catch them. Sparrow watched in horror. Was Crow trying to drown him self!?240666460_Screenshot(4).thumb.png.944c1884b34408b163f5f4ed3cb66bd3.png

Then a giant red fish came up and started sniffing at Crow. It's sharp teeth were an inch away from his neck, when Sparrow lashed out at it. The fish swam lower in the wave's and continued to sniff Crow. This time, Sparrow couldn't swipe at it again without drowning, so she just fluttered to the other side of him and anxiously watched him, hoping with all her heart he wouldn't drown.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Part 2

from the perspective of Sparrow

Sparrow opened her eyes. A bolt of fear immediately jolted through her. Crow was either dead, or almost dead. Sparrow knew nichelings could hold there breath for a long amount of time, as long as they stayed still, or jumped out of the water as soon as they got in, but they couldn't hold it over night! Sparrow cautiously looked down. Crow was still there. At least he wasn't a pile of bones. The red fish had swam away over night, which at least meant it wouldn't kill Crow. "Crow? Are you alive?" Sparrow whispered. Crow didn't move. "Crow!" Sparrow said a little louder. Crow still didn't stir. "Crow!" Sparrow exclaimed. Crow opened his eyes. "Sparrow! What are you doing! I was trying to sleep!" Crow said angrily. Sparrow stared at him. "You were going to drown! You were under the water over night! I thought you were dead!" Crow jumped out of the water and shook the water out of his fur.

379660773_Screenshot(6).thumb.png.a632690c45c9464cc2e7b5cc12651483.png" I have the water body. I can't drown." He said. Sparrow stared at him, dumbstruck.  Crow... couldn't drown? Was that how he survived the purge without a raft? "Do the others have this water body to?" Sparrow asked. Once Crow said he couldn't drown, Sparrow had been noticing somethings that were different about him then about other nichelings she knew … or used to know. Crow responded to her question, cutting of her train of thought. "No not that I know of, though Piper might. She always seemed as interested in the sea as I was. I could swear she was smiling well they said that they would send us out to sea for the purge this season." Sparrow shivered. The purge was something that happened every season. Any double winged nichelings would be killed in some horrific way. Sparrows mother said that one year they burned all the unwanted nichelings, and another they feed them to carnivorous plants. No one had ever survived the purge … until this season. Crow lightly touched Sparrows shoulder with his bird wing. " Come on. Lets go." He flew of. Sparrow slowly followed. She knew she should feel glad that Crow couldn't drown, but instead a feeling of dread was growing.

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1

• 3 weeks later...

Part 3

from the perspective of  Crow

Ever since Crow had told Sparrow about his ability, she had been sitting sadly in a corner, picking berries. Crow fluttered closer to Sparrow and she flinched away. "What's wrong?" Crow asked her softly. Sparrow flinched again "Please leave me alone" she whispered, not looking up from her berry bush.  "Why! I've done nothing to you. I've helped you! We would still be hungry right now if I hadn't gotten those fish!" Crow said harshly. Anger was flowing through him as memories of his past arose. Parents that never wanted him. Elders calling him a embodiment of evil. Saying Crow would hurt and kill. The whole tribe cheering as he was thrown into the sea. His mothers last words to him. Before he killed them all. Then it was to much. All the awful things that the Tribe of the Sea had done to him.  Crow fell to his side and closed his eye's. He felt no grief or remorse. Only anger. And then sleep came to claim him.

The waves washed over Crow. His tribe was staring at him as the sea carried him away. Carried him to death he was sure. Suddenly they erupted into cheers. "The killer is gone! The killer is gone!" they yelled, celebrating their victory. Sadness surged through Crow. He had killed. When he was just born he had killed his sister. A week later he had been playing with Gorge and had slashed him across the throat. Eight days later a visiting rouge had died under his claws. A season after that his father had died because he was talking badly about Crow. He was dangerous. He should die. No, Crow realized. They will die. And I will have my revenge. And that is when Crow first felt evil enter his body.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

(wow Crow has a very tainted backstory....wait how could he kill his sister as a newborn? Maybe her death was simply blamed on him...?)

I was thinking maybe his instinct was to attack her egg (like in wings of fire?) and he ended up accidently hurting her.  The wound was to hard to heal especially since the main plant the tribe would use was the water breathing ones and the baby couldn't walk yet. But yes technically that's the tribes fault and not Crows. 

• Paw up 1

• 4 weeks later...