Stray Fawn Community

The Unexplored Islands: An rp about Nichelings discovering humans

Chiyanna

A group of nichelings set off to explore. They were made up of multiple different tribes from the same island. And then they picked up other members along the way, some wanderers, some from other tribes with different customs. They have traveled further than any nichelings before them into unexplored areas of their world. And they found something shocking and unexpected.

A new creature, different from the others. A competitor, a threat, someone above their level. A new master of the globe...if only they knew the secret the nichelings know, how to travel from island to island without the monsters of the deep destroying you. They found us, the human race. A new friend, or a new foe? Or both.

This is an rp about humans and nichelings existing in the same world. The humans have a modern society fairly similair to todays. However, beyond the waters of their island chain out into the deep ocean surrounding them there are formidible ocean monsters which keep the humans from exploring beyond. Air travel has not yet been discovered, and I'm unsure if it is possible in this world. So basically they live in overcrowded cities because they can't leave the islands and in recent years there has been a big push to find a way to leave.

The nichelings are able to activate ports. Nobody knows who built them or how exactly they work, but when a nicheling puts their paw on the rock of a port the stones come out of the ocean. But the stones soon receed again. The ports generally can't be used again for a long while. Sometimes generations.

The group of nichelings are sentient and can build some basic structures but cannot build complec things like humans. Fire may be made on accident. Though some of the nichelings lived in tribes where fire was used and there might be one nicheling total who knows the secret for themself (put it in your form if u want a chance of that). Some have written languages, others do not. But as of right now they are mostly unassimilated, meaning there are multiple different written languages. The spoken language is largely the same, though there may be some differences, and if u want a character with a completely different language than the others feel free to submit one.

Also the humans have pet bearyenas and rabbils and such. There are also wild and feral ones. And they do farm them and eat them too. Dodomingos are a main source of food since they lay eggs like chickens.

So you can be either a nicheling in the group of nichelings arriving on the island, or a human. You can have one of each if you want. Character limit is 3 for now (there may be exceptions). And yes if you are a human be free to have any pet niche animal EXCEPT a nicheling. You may be able to have other niche creatures as characters eventually but for now just submit humans and nichelings.

Also I must explain the 'will' on the character form. Basically this is what u want to happen to your character if you drop off the face of the earth or have to abandon the rp. Your will can also take effect temporarily if ur going to be offline for a long time but plan on coming back. You can say a certain person plays your character or they revert back to npc (played by me most likely) or say they died (permanant) or went missing until u come back. Or anything else u can think of that would work. It's important so the rp doesn't die. You can have different wills for different characters and change your will at any time.

Spoken Language:

Universal Nicheling Language: The language most nichelings use

(feel free to add more)

Written languages:

No written language: Your nicheling comes from an illiterate island/tribe. 

Picture Language: basically like cavemen language, they draw pictures

(plz suggest other written languages)

Form:

Name: 

Species: (nicheling or human)

Gender/pronouns:

Genes/appearance: (preferably a screenshot of your character and their genes if a nicheling, but it doesn't have to be!)

Personality:

Backstory (optional):

Skills:

Do you want a chance for this nicheling to be a fire starter?:

Do you want a chance for your nicheling to be the leader?:

Relationships: (others they know/are related to. You may leave this blank for now and edit it once everyone has joined. You don't have to put npcs here but if you are a human and want me to make certain to interact with ur character I would encourage it)

Language (put here if u have a different language than the others and if u know any written languages, if human put Human (I know it's uncreative lol plz help me what should I name the humans/their island))

Were they apart of the original exploring group?: 

(let me know if I forgot anything!)

NPCs and adoptables:

Members of the Original Exploring Group and their children:

Donsi.PNG.7ea874722c89bc21bb1351c4980e0ef9.PNGDukvan.PNG.86332831aa3a77437fa9315445475d3c.PNG

Siblings with a close bond. From the Spit Snout Tribe that lived near the river. They have an adventurous spirit. They aren't quick to trust others having been judged for their appearance and "useless" genes. However they now seek to not judge others and create a group where everyone is welcome. They like being in an unstructured exploring group rather than a tribe and like to meet new and interesting looking nichelings on their travels. Unofficial leaders of the exploring group after the death of their official leader.

ADOPTABLE NPCs (played by me for now, but can be adopted)

Submitted by: @Chiyanna

Survivors from Frost Lands X Summer Mountains Island:

West Coast Tribe:

20211108174100_1.jpg

Name: Frost

NPC

Submitted by: @HOLD THE MAYONNAISE

20211108173943_1.jpg

Name: Glacier

NPC:

20211108174254_1.jpg

Name: Ice

NPC

20211108174418_1.jpg

Name: Snow

NPC

Sole survivors of their tribe:

20211108174729_1.jpg

20211108174732_1.jpg

Name: Owl

NPC

Relationships: BFF of Aurora

Personality: 

she's usually peaceful but can attack if threatened/angered

She is kind but kinda annoying

Other:

she sometimes climbs up a tree and falls from it in an attempt to fly (everyone in her tribe could except her)

She likes to rest near the sea.

Scared of razorahnas and eclipses.

Others picked up along the way:

Sandfeather.PNG

Name: Sandfeather

NPC

Submitted by: @mk deltarune

Relationships: Sister of Mosspelt

Personality: 

Humans (only adoptables and major human NPCs listed): 

Characters

Humans:

Owned by @__________________________ :

Name: Dustin

Species: (nicheling or human) Human

Gender/pronouns: Male, he/they

Genes/appearance: (preferably a screenshot of your character and their genes if a nicheling, but it doesn't have to be!) Black hair, dark skin with pale white patches(skin condition), green eyes.

Personality: Tries to stay positive, friendly

Backstory (optional): (You can make one up if you want)

Skills:

Do you want a chance for this nicheling to be a fire starter?: No

Do you want a chance for your nicheling to be the leader?: No

Relationships: (others they know/are related to. You may leave this blank for now and edit it once everyone has joined. You don't have to put npcs here but if you are a human and want me to make certain to interact with ur character I would encourage it) Older brother(Akiel)?

Language: (put here if u have a different language than the others and if u know any written languages, if human put Human (I know it's uncreative lol plz help me what should I name the humans/their island)) Human language

Owned By @A Nicheling v3.0 :

Spoken Language: Human (I guess English?)

Name: Agent 464

Species: Human

Gender/pronouns: he/him

Genes/appearance: medium height, kinda short black hair.

Personality: Cold, mean, can be a bit more warm towards those he serves.

Backstory (optional): He was an inhabitant of one of the northern islands but he moved to one in the south (or wherever Nichelings will come) after his job application for the main government office was rejected. He now works for the regional government as pest control officer. He is quite rich as he is son of an influential government official.

Skills: He can be quite resourceful to track down and eliminate pests, performs his job quite well, is kinda strong, he can drive different vehicles and operate lethal and non-lethal pest control weapons.

Relationships: He has a crush in a female pest control officer, and wants to impress her.

Language: human but maybe at some point he can learn Nicheling to help track them down.

Were they apart of the original exploring group?: no

Nichelings

Owned By @mk deltarune :

Name: Mosspelt

Species: (nicheling or human) Nicheling

Gender/pronouns: Female (she/they)

Genes/appearance: (preferably a screenshot of your character and their genes if a nicheling, but it doesn't have to be!) Cream with dark green eyes, two runners legs

Personality: has a "I don't care what you say but I don't want you to think I'm dumb" vibe

Backstory (optional): is an outcast, they where exiled from their old tribe because they were framed for murder

Skills: running fast? idk

Do you want a chance for this nicheling to be a fire starter?: no

Do you want a chance for your nicheling to be the leader?: no

Relationships: Sandfeather (younger sister)

Owned by @PurrSnoutMaster :

Name: Kaynnayniarth

Species: Nicheling

Gender/pronouns: Male, He/Him

Genes/appearance:

image.thumb.png.724a4bf9d8a2a7e7da10d455b0d29433.png

Personality: Confident, brave, but often shows off

Backstory: He was a wanderer accepted into the tribe for his skill in hunting and digging

Skills: As mentioned, hunting and digging, but he's scared of water and sometimes refuses to fight anything that isn't prey (Bearyenas, ramfoxes, etc)

Do you want a chance for this nicheling to be a fire starter?: Yes NOT A FIRE STARTER

Do you want a chance for your nicheling to be the leader?: No

Relationships: 

Language: Nicheling

Owned by @Lizardcake :

Name: Aurora

Species:West Coast Mountain nicheling

Gender/pronouns: female (she/her)

Genes/appearance: 20211108173614_1.thumb.jpg.94e406ae1731068283a85d6cd761c16b.jpg.40ffcbea6b78a73e04bc1b485b144ded.jpg

Personality: kind, brave, sometimes clumsy

Backstory: The tribe she lived in was devastated by a second ice age. Only her mother, siblings, and Owl survived.

Skills:

Do you want a chance for this nicheling to be a fire starter?: yes HAD FIRE STARTERS IN HER TRIBE BUT SHE DOESN'T EXACTLY KNOW HOW TO DO IT HERSELF

Relationships: Glacier (mother), Frost, Ice, Snow (siblings), Owl (BFF) (Ice is the leader of their pack) (ignore the two ices, the second one was snow)

@Stormtroope commandercake @Lizardcake @Sky

(just tagging a few ppl. Don't feel left out if u voted in the poll and weren't tagged. I'm not sure if everyone who voted wants to join and if they want to be tagged even if they DO want to join. Just submit ur form if u want to join this :)

also @__________________________ because I know you won't check the niche section and u don't have to be a nicheling in this u can be a human. I just wanted to let u have a chance to join but it's OK if not I know you're busy with all the sims u run lol)

• Eek! 1
  • Paw up 2

6 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

@Stormtroope commandercake @Lizardcake @Sky

(just tagging a few ppl. Don't feel left out if u voted in the poll and weren't tagged. I'm not sure if everyone who voted wants to join and if they want to be tagged even if they DO want to join. Just submit ur form if u want to join this :)

also @__________________________ because I know you won't check the niche section and u don't have to be a nicheling in this u can be a human. I just wanted to let u have a chance to join but it's OK if not I know you're busy with all the sims u run lol)

I'll join b/c why not

This seems interesting, anyhow

Name: Dustin

Species: (nicheling or human) Human

Gender/pronouns: Male, he/they

Genes/appearance: (preferably a screenshot of your character and their genes if a nicheling, but it doesn't have to be!) Black hair, dark skin with pale white patches(skin condition), green eyes.

Personality: Tries to stay positive, friendly

Backstory (optional): (You can make one up if you want)

Skills:

Do you want a chance for this nicheling to be a fire starter?: No

Do you want a chance for your nicheling to be the leader?: No

Relationships: (others they know/are related to. You may leave this blank for now and edit it once everyone has joined. You don't have to put npcs here but if you are a human and want me to make certain to interact with ur character I would encourage it) Older brother(Akiel)?

Language: (put here if u have a different language than the others and if u know any written languages, if human put Human (I know it's uncreative lol plz help me what should I name the humans/their island)) Human language

• Paw up 1

33 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

Name: Mosspelt

Species: (nicheling or human) Nicheling

Gender/pronouns: Female (she/they)

Genes/appearance: (preferably a screenshot of your character and their genes if a nicheling, but it doesn't have to be!) Cream with dark green eyes, two runners legs

Personality: has a "I don't care what you say but I don't want you to think I'm dumb" vibe

Backstory (optional): is an outcast, they where exiled from their old tribe because they were framed for murder

Skills: running fast? idk

Do you want a chance for this nicheling to be a fire starter?: no

Relationships: Sandfeather (younger sister)

• Paw up 1

Name: Kaynnayniarth

Species: Nicheling

Gender/pronouns: Male, He/Him

Genes/appearance:

image.thumb.png.724a4bf9d8a2a7e7da10d455b0d29433.png

Personality: Confident, brave, but often shows off

Backstory: He was a wanderer accepted into the tribe for his skill in hunting and digging

Skills: As mentioned, hunting and digging, but he's scared of water and sometimes refuses to fight anything that isn't prey (Bearyenas, ramfoxes, etc)

Do you want a chance for this nicheling to be a fire starter?: Yes

Do you want a chance for your nicheling to be the leader?: No

Relationships: 

• Paw up 1

(Btw thumbs up means the character is accepted. I will put the characters into the characters section once the rp begins (to give ppl chance to edit relationships and such). On that note feel free to discuss who is friends with or related to who. Relative nichelings must have at least some genes in common, but tribemates don't have to (tho it would make more sense if they did). Feel free to add your niche languages into the rp and have your nicheling speak multiple languages. And also u can say under language what words are different from the standard if there are slight differences. Remember to put down if they have a written language

Genes/appearance: 20211108173614_1.thumb.jpg.94e406ae1731068283a85d6cd761c16b.jpg

Backstory: The tribe she lived in was devastated by a second ice age. Only her mother, siblings, and Owl survived.

Skills:

Do you want a chance for this nicheling to be a fire starter?: yes

Relationships: Glacier (mother), Frost, Ice, Snow (siblings), Owl (BFF) (Ice is the leader of their pack) (ignore the two ices, the second one was snow)

20211108173943_1.thumb.jpg.a7902eeb442b6c4fcddbea9f7ce9cf6b.jpg

Language: Nicheling20211108174100_1.thumb.jpg.44ffc11cdeaadafc31906f47ff296050.jpg20211108174254_1.thumb.jpg.a039ac63607d694b4143d2ea3e6352c1.jpg20211108174418_1.thumb.jpg.65852e803b99577693f3b65e7bfd5754.jpg20211108174729_1.thumb.jpg.59e7b831352dd178fa031d4138a53054.jpg20211108174732_1.thumb.jpg.9ca12ca4e05ac21b3f066dfa96be5cb3.jpg

• Eek! 1

1 hour ago, Lizardcake said:

Genes/appearance: 20211108173614_1.thumb.jpg.94e406ae1731068283a85d6cd761c16b.jpg

Skills:

Do you want a chance for this nicheling to be a fire starter?: yes

20211108173943_1.thumb.jpg.a7902eeb442b6c4fcddbea9f7ce9cf6b.jpg

Language: Nicheling20211108174100_1.thumb.jpg.44ffc11cdeaadafc31906f47ff296050.jpg20211108174254_1.thumb.jpg.a039ac63607d694b4143d2ea3e6352c1.jpg20211108174418_1.thumb.jpg.65852e803b99577693f3b65e7bfd5754.jpg20211108174729_1.thumb.jpg.59e7b831352dd178fa031d4138a53054.jpg20211108174732_1.thumb.jpg.9ca12ca4e05ac21b3f066dfa96be5cb3.jpg

(do you want me to npc all those characters? Or adopt them out? Or do you want to play them? Or different things for different characters?

Also are they apart of the original exploring group or found by it? Were there any other tribes on the island and did any of their members survive? (Others could make chracters from different tribes on that island if so))

23 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

I edited the form, if the answer is no and you already completed the form u don't have to add this to your form)

the answer is no

26 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

(do you want me to npc all those characters? Or adopt them out? Or do you want to play them? Or different things for different characters?

Also are they apart of the original exploring group or found by it? Were there any other tribes on the island and did any of their members survive? (Others could make chracters from different tribes on that island if so))

(god you are asking hard questions) npc them

a part of the West Coast tribe, so not a part of the original group

Owl is from a different tribe, she was adopted by Peak, the former leader

Others didn't survive but only from Owl's tribe so people feel free to make survivors from other tribes from that island

• Paw up 1

13 minutes ago, Lizardcake said:

the answer is no

(god you are asking hard questions) npc them

a part of the West Coast tribe, so not a part of the original group

Owl is from a different tribe, she was adopted by Peak, the former leader

Others didn't survive but only from Owl's tribe so people feel free to make survivors from other tribes from that island

(sorry lol I just want things to make sense and want to know what to do myself.

Alright I'll npc them. Man I already have a lot more characters to npc than I'm used to so I hope I'll do well at it. I was expecting this rp to be bigger and more complex than the other one and so far it hasn't dissapointed!

Thanks for more background that helps me understand these characters!)

5 hours ago, Stormtroope commandercake said:

Should I make a good or evil character?

(idk maybe one of each. Tho the main challenge is gonna be the nichelings adapting to the cities probably so we don't rlly NEED an evil nicheling to make things even worse...tho it would be dramatic and I do like a good ol good vs evil plot arc

Just please make at least one character of the original exploring group so I don't have to npc them all. There should be probably at least 5 of them total)