Stray Fawn Community

The Legacy of the Clans

MistyHeart

Prologue

“Then it is decided.” Berrystar said, lashing his tail. “Us four clans will split up, and find their own territories.” 

Fallkit couldn’t comprehend it. There had to be a better solution to this all-clan wide starvation issue! What if some of the clans starve before they can find a better place to eat? Why not just become a conjoined clan for a while? She looked around at the small crowd. A lot of cats have starved in these harsh times, but most of the cat’s faces were filled with slight terror. 

“Our clan shall get moving, then. Our only queen, Hawkmountain, is weaker than ever.” Bumblestar nodded.

Fallkit lowered her ears at the mention of her mother. Her mother not only was starving, but also had gotten desperately ill, and now was in critical condition. 

“I don’t know if she’s strong enough to travel.” Limpfoot said, his voice soft with grief. 

“She has to be. She still has a kit to take care of. She’s too young to die.” Pepperfur, the deputy said.

“I’m afraid her time has come, but we might as well try.” Limpfoot meowed. 

Fallkit followed Bumblestar back to the camp they were now abandoning. Her mother was in the isolated medicine cat den so she wouldn’t get anyone sick, but Fallkit didn’t care if she would get infected as well, she just wanted to be under the warmth of her mother.

“Hawkmountain? We’ve returned.” Limpfoot yowled to the she-cat.

There was no response, and Fallkit felt her heart drop. Hawkmountain always tried to respond, no matter how weak she was.

Limpfoot padded into the den, and Fallkit was glad to see Hawkmountain raise her head up.

Limpfoot told Hawkmountain about everything, and Fallkit could see Hawkmountain nodding slightly, before whispering something Fallkit couldn’t hear. Whatever it was, Limpfoot widened his eyes.

“No!” Limpfoot yelled.

Fallkit gasped, and she saw the rest of the small clan gather around.

Limpfoot turned around to speak to the now concerned clan, his face spelling out sadness.

“Hawkmountain says she won't join us on the journey to a new territory.” Limpfoot mewed sorrowfully. 

Fallkit shook her head. “What? Why!” 

“She says she’ll die if she goes, and she wants to die at her home, peacefully.” 

Fallkit drooped down in disbelief. “But I have to go! How am I supposed to leave her?”

“You’ll have to,” Limpfoot said. “The future of us all depends on it.” 

image.png.2b0f50ff83a473d2d0ccf68a51569e6f.png

• Sad 2

Chapter 1

“So this is where you plan on spending the following moons on?” Fallpaw snorted.

“This is the best place we’ve been at for a while. I think it’s fine.” Pepperfur meowed.

“Look at all the potential it has! It’s huge!” Bumblestar said, his eyes drifting all around the island.

“I prefer our old territory.” Fallpaw said moodily.

“I think we all do.” Limpfoot nodded.
“Not me, It was deprived of prey. We ruined it by overcatching.” Pepperfur said.
“And we’re going to overcatch this island too.” Firedapple spat.

“Not if we’re careful.” Pepperfur defended. 

“Enough, let’s find a spot to make camp. That's what we need to do first.” Bumblestar commanded.

All the cats whispered in agreement, and soon they were set off to find a nice spot to camp.

image.png.e7d4ade99d1ef05d9663ce48c5d20fc8.png

• Eek! 1