Stray Fawn Community

(CLOSED) Secret Niche Art Santa 2021 🎨🎅 (Signups and Rules)

Sky

O Christmas Meringue,
O Christmas Meringue,
Your snotty branches
delight us!

529579715_OChristmasMeringue(big).gif.6f3ffe159057f44ca9584508d64193ac.gif

1. Comment below if you'd like to a be a Secret Santa and recipient. With this comment, include a picture of the nicheling you'd like drawn, as well as any info you can give about them (genes, personality, differences from photo, even a toyhouse link!). If giving a picture not from the game, please include their official niche genes.
  1. Signups end the 4th of December! This will give everyone 3 weeks to complete their art and send it in.
  2. I will use a random generator to pair participants. (I will not be a participant.)
  3. I will pm everyone with their recipient's name, nicheling and info.
  4. Everyone makes their art. It can be traditional, digital, pixel, a sculpture, whatever you want; animation, gif, plain, anything! Do not sign your art or post it on any platform, including the forums.
  5. Everyone PMs their art to me as soon as they are finished. Art is due the 20th!!! If you do not send in your art in time, I will request art from an Emergency Santa to fill the place. You may post your art AFTER the rest of the art is released.
  6. On or near December 25th (my schedule may cause delays), I will post the finished art with the recipient's name (I will not reveal the Santas myself). Everyone may make their guess on who was their Secret Santa. Secret Santas may confirm or deny these guesses. Please wait for your recipient to guess you and then confirm the guess rather than announce that you were so-and-so's santa. 
  7. If your recipient has made a correct guess and you confirmed, you may post your art to other places (DA, Fanart section, etc). You may also sign the art. (If you'd like your signed art used instead of the unsigned version if posted elsewhere by other people, just say so.)
  8. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! ❤️

IMPORTANT

Like the last 2 years, we will have Emergency Santas (ESs). ESs will make art for anyone whose Secret Santa did not finish or submit their art by the 20th. ESs need to be able to quickly make art. This Emergency Art (EA) does not need to be of the same quality of the official art; EA is just so everyone can receive something at the same time. ESs can also be a regular Santa at the same time but are not required to be.

Just ask if you'd like to be an Emergency Santa. They're documented below for my own convenience lol

Emergency Santas: @Sky @Pebble the derp snout @flower -she-he- @ralsei deltarune @Lilytuft with antlers @Gono*

TIPS

-Try out a new style or a style you haven't revealed before. It will be harder to guess the Secret Santas.
-Don't start a big project if you're not 100% you can finish it. Go with something simple to give yourself time to finish and not be rushed.
-You can ask me for a critique if you want. This would be especially helpful if you're trying a brand new style and you're not sure if it's good, or if you just want to get your art right. Just tell me what level of critiquing you want: Light, Medial or Heavy.

OTHER

-Check out @Pebble the derp snout's Secret Santa here!
-This is the 4th annual Secret Niche Art Santa, hosted by yours truly!! : D
-Check out previous Signups here: 2018, 2019, 2020
-Check out previous Art here: 2018 (can't be found?), 2019, 2020

REMEMBER THIS

-Send in your nicheling submissions by December 4th.
-Start your art as soon as possible once I PM the info.
-Send in our art no later than December 20th.
-If you do not submit your art by then, a volunteer will make art in it's place. Save your late art for the 25th or later.
-On or near the 25th, the art will be released. Make your guesses and make sure to confirm or deny if they're directed to you!
-MERRY CHRISTMAS Y'ALL

• Like 1
  • Eek! 5

• Sky pinned this topic

HI HI! I'm down to be an ES I should have time for it.

HAVE JUNIPER!! Shes a very gentle nicheling who would love to do nothing more then take time to smell flowers and collect rocks every now and then but she was sort of thrust into a  temporary role of leadership in her tribe so she sadly she refuses to take time for herself and because the needs of her tribe are more important to her. when her wife Rue gets involved and forces her to take a break she reluctantly agrees and usually ends up crashing and taking a long nap. (If gems are relevant to your art style hers are orange on the outside and yellow in the middle I just forgot to change them in the first photo) 

1345930081_Screenshot(1510).thumb.png.a2f3b2be64584a0f109ab412ac7c7c95.png1585671015_Screenshot(1511).thumb.png.ef46bccc37c87e7bc858a876df41cec4.png1929906871_Screenshot(1512).thumb.png.33878f6b675ca867d8abc7ecb62784bf.png1299881273_Screenshot(1513).thumb.png.ee74b861681ad70e234e8a53596ef69a.png

• Paw up 1

It's me, ya boy, Kat, finally joining a SS

anyway uh. Doxx my beloved

I'll try my best to explain his personality but he's just so. weird. so if my explanation doesn't work and you really need something to go off of: Kokichi from Danganronpa (that's the thing I based him off initially)

He's very uh. Eccentric. And odd. He's never really seen with anything but a smile on his face, and he has this uncanny ability to tell if someone's lying or not, and be able to know pretty much anything about them even if they've never met before. Oh yeah, he also killed a guy

idk man i just woke up

image.thumb.png.d433c3f1e944f3c5c646f8547029c78c.png

• Eek! 1
  • Paw up 1

I'd like to both participate and be an ES

I think I'll go for Misty the warning dot queen this time. She likes exploring, but is quite calm. You can add some flowers or something if you want

image.thumb.png.dcb0cc297ad8d01f7a0bf316a0a8244d.png

• Eek! 1
  • Paw up 1

ill join, ill also be an es  if needed.

Anyways heres duki, i forgot his personality, all I remember is that he was a god of war or somethin so go wild ig

image.png.6552207bd7ba6bf743eb77a2916ca50b.png

I'm sure there's a better image somewhere here so if your looking for one be aware of the cringe

AAAAAAAA SO EXCITED I'LL BE ABLE TO JOIN THIS YEAR LETS GOOOOOOOOO!

acorn my beloved

20190602112008_1.thumb.jpg.7e263ac77334422a7ea3470568ecd979.jpg

pretty childish and not all that bright, but he has a big heart. mans wanted to become the leader, but wasnt appointed one because his traits stated before werent really good for that job. but! the dude who did become the leader gave him a position of "co-leader" (which really isnt an actual role but shh dont tell him ok)

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

3 hours ago, FriendlyBearyena said:

I’ll join. Just have to find a nicheling-

found one! 

680172727_Screenshot(121).thumb.png.03dcea8308b5f3105e054016d1d53a87.png

Goddess of family, legacy, and AHVHC. Was a starter for an AHVHC world, which became my longest lived savefile. Protects the weak, sending her blessings in the form of little bits of magic. A burst of strength in a losing battle, berries you didn't know were in the food pile. 

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

Guess I'll join in as well, anyways have this cool wanderer guy from a deadly hills game (good luck trying to draw that bat wing lol)

image.thumb.png.e14a847a80b216184a6f827817dcff19.png

There's not much to him, he's just a passive neutral dude who likes watching his packmates do whatever they do. Like, a background character who's content with his role

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Paw up 1

ok might as well join before it's too late

Here's Vankir

haven't seen this guy in a while, eh?

Vankir.thumb.PNG.204c1ea52592fc2b201ee5af8dab5b81.PNG

Personality: anxiety concentrate. someone please give him a hug. Somewhat overly dependent and clingy. Unfamiliar things make him nervous. But he's really sweet

• Eek! 1
  • Paw up 1

20 hours ago, flower -she-he- said:

i thought we were besties 😔

turns out we were just worsties

its okay flower faf, we can still be besties 👉👈

On 12/1/2021 at 11:29 AM, heyitsgeorgie said:

hey worsties

i cant believe you would say this to me

• Like 1

Time differences are weird

image.jpg.174312e25cfca6ac6134d38e8d38498f.jpg

Sweet, smol quiet bean. Quirky but sweet. Way too observant for their own good, but loves it that way. Would totally love blueberries if they existed in this world. And honey, too. You'll probably find them staring off into space (which usually happens to be someone's face, but let's ignore that fact for their sake)

Hope I don't get busy this time 

• Paw up 1