Stray Fawn Community

Is it possible to get more save files in Niche

Peanutpup77

uh,, wrong section to post this, i believe? this should probably go in the discussion and feedback section for niche,,

but i believe you can do some digging in the game's files and find your save files, which you can move to a separate folder and put back in when you want to play with them again

Here's my own thread asking how to back up savefiles a while ago:

The Seri video is very helpful if on Windows. Follow the link to the savefile and logfile thread and scroll down till u see the yt video embedded.

Otherwise click on the other link provided for Mac.

15 minutes ago, Peanutpup77 said:

Are they supposed to be named file 0, file 1, file 2, file 3, and file 4?

(yes, i wouldn't rename them if I were u. Put them in folders named what the savefile is about to tell them apart

file 0 is save 1, file 1 is file 2 and so on)

6 minutes ago, Peanutpup77 said:

Thanks! I renamed them, but I just wanted to make sure that was what it was supposed to say. Why is it bad to rename them?

I don't know for sure that it is, (I've never tried it myself) but I know they need to be in the slot they were originally in, and renaming them can make that harder.  

What I mean by they need to be in the original slot is you can't have 2 slot 1 saves or multiple slot 3 saves in the appdata folder and they all work. All saves will go in their original slots 

17 hours ago, Peanutpup77 said:

How do you do console commands?

F1. If that doesn't work for you, try Fn+F1

WARNING! The console commands are glitchy, and it's better to back up your save before doing so. Leaving the save after using them is helpful too.

(one command won't destroy the save, except for broken ones)

NEVER MAKE A FEMALE THAT NEVER MATED BEFORE PREGNANT WITH COMMANDS. IT WILL SPAWN A DEMON AND DESTROY YOUR SAVE FILE I will not show you the demon because you don't wanna see this believe me

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Pebble said:

F1. If that doesn't work for you, try Fn+F1

WARNING! The console commands are glitchy, and it's better to back up your save before doing so. Leaving the save after using them is helpful too.

(one command won't destroy the save, except for broken ones)

NEVER MAKE A FEMALE THAT NEVER MATED BEFORE PREGNANT WITH COMMANDS. IT WILL SPAWN A DEMON AND DESTROY YOUR SAVE FILE I will not show you the demon because you don't wanna see this believe me

It's not that bad, the commands are much more stable. A sign you could use to exit the save and re-enter could be the cry of a newborn nicheling distorting

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

Just now, Modiano said:

It's not that bad, the commands are much more stable. A sign you could use to exit the save and re-enter could be the cry of a newborn nicheling distorting

And the save file tends to go back to before PlayerAnimal is born (will still be conceived). And it had a name you know? Don't call it a demon, you hurt her feelings

Just now, Modiano said:

And the save file tends to go back to before PlayerAnimal is born (will still be conceived). And it had a name you know? Don't call it a demon, you hurt her feelings

sorry uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

playeranimal????????????

• Haha 1