Stray Fawn Community

Give. Criticism.

lizardcake

First of all, I have to say that these all look adorable!

10 hours ago, Lizardcake said:

Yes I do realize her belly is too thin but I tried a billion times and couldn't get it right

I think the problem with that one is not so much the belly, but her back, which is too low. As much as they try to hide it, cat's do in fact have bones. (Those little liars!) When you draw bodies, try to think of the spine and ribcage

kuva.thumb.png.b31a5255ba26684652d3ed59c31a86c8.png

Most tutorials recommend the three circle method

kuva.png.09f17fa6055704c1000e4c0c6890d857.png

I also once saw a tutorial recommend sketching a cat body as a bean

(The artist has since apologized for making fun of cartoony styles) https://www.deviantart.com/amyvstheworld/art/So-you-want-to-draw-Cats-TUTORIAL-364184823

Here are a few other good tutorials I found:

https://www.deviantart.com/neotheta/art/Drawing-Cats-288744668

This one's a long read, but it's 100% worth it! I haven't finished it yet, but I've learned a ton of new things from it https://design.tutsplus.com/articles/how-to-draw-animals-cats-and-their-anatomy--vector-17417

• Eek! 1
  • Love 1

as i've said before, your art is so so pretty aaaaaaa

if you really want criticism, maybe try some different shading teqniques?

i find that colored shading typically works a lot better than just black shading. so colors like brown, maybe blue-ish or purple-ish, or you could just get a darker and more saturated color of whatever color you're shading, which is what i've been doing recently. i think that the result is pretty nice!

• Eek! 1

Just now, Christmas pepper said:

as i've said before, your art is so so pretty aaaaaaa

if you really want criticism, maybe try some different shading teqniques?

i find that colored shading typically works a lot better than just black shading. so colors like brown, maybe blue-ish or purple-ish, or you could just get a darker and more saturated color of whatever color you're shading, which is what i've been doing recently. i think that the result is pretty nice!

you mean what? the main problem I have with shading is actually I can't shade in pretty much any way other than the airbrush...

2 minutes ago, Lizardcake said:

the main problem I have with shading is actually I can't shade in pretty much any way other than the airbrush...

Does your art program have layer modes? If so, try multiply with different colors. It's a ton of fun and adds more depth to your art

• Paw up 1

21 hours ago, Lilytuft with antlers said:

Does your art program have layer modes? If so, try multiply with different colors. It's a ton of fun and adds more depth to your art

yes I have layers but what do you mean I'm an idiot