Stray Fawn Community

My computer won't turn on

Chiyanna

So I know you all aren't tech geeks able to fix problems like this and I've already posted this on the HP forums but I haven't got any response so far. If this isn't fixed I won't be able to continue my WCs playthroughs (or any other recent ones) and will most likely not be able to attend the WCs Ultimate thing we have been preparing for weeks.

I restarted my computer because the wifi wasn't working correctly. After about 20 minutes of the same restarting screen, I wondered if I might be better off shutting it down to stop the seemingly eternal restart. 

I may have been better off just being patient, but I was trying to get online to play with a friend who had been waiting for me and that didn't seem like a good option to make them wait longer. So I looked up what happens if you turn off the computer when it is restarting. Generally, people said it shouldn't be an issue if it wasn't updating, and that if it was an issue you would have to do system recovery. It hadn't given me an updating screen or shown any signs of an update so I thought it would be fine. I turned it off.

Now it won't turn back on. When plugged in the red power light shows, but other than that nothing. I've tried to turn it on using the power button multiple times. I think I probably ruined the computer. If anyone can help, please do. Thanks.

I know its formatted weird with the funny white color but that's the least of my problems right now. Thank you for reading. If you know anything please help.

12 minutes ago, Beautiful Birb said:

So I know you all aren't tech geeks able to fix problems like this and I've already posted this on the HP forums but I haven't got any response so far. If this isn't fixed I won't be able to continue my WCs playthroughs (or any other recent ones) and will most likely not be able to attend the WCs Ultimate thing we have been preparing for weeks.

I restarted my computer because the wifi wasn't working correctly. After about 20 minutes of the same restarting screen, I wondered if I might be better off shutting it down to stop the seemingly eternal restart. 

I may have been better off just being patient, but I was trying to get online to play with a friend who had been waiting for me and that didn't seem like a good option to make them wait longer. So I looked up what happens if you turn off the computer when it is restarting. Generally, people said it shouldn't be an issue if it wasn't updating, and that if it was an issue you would have to do system recovery. It hadn't given me an updating screen or shown any signs of an update so I thought it would be fine. I turned it off.

Now it won't turn back on. When plugged in the red power light shows, but other than that nothing. I've tried to turn it on using the power button multiple times. I think I probably ruined the computer. If anyone can help, please do. Thanks.

I know its formatted weird with the funny white color but that's the least of my problems right now. Thank you for reading. If you know anything please help.

Keep it charging, keep the power button pressed for a while (though wait for it to charge more)

• Paw up 1

5 hours ago, New Mod Eve said:

Was it updating something when you restarted it?

5 hours ago, New Mod Eve said:

Unplug any USB devices

Both these are good tips btw but neither was true in my case as far as I know.

I was really upset when I posted this and your response helped calm me down. Though I still felt stupid once it worked and I realized I was crying over such a simple fixable issue.