Stray Fawn Community

Isle of The Greater Ones

Katumai

There is a pantheon. 

A group-a collection-of powerful nichelings. Greater beings. Gods.

They rule the earth and all that is beyond it.

It's far from perfect.

--------------------

its me, kat katumai, creating yet another playthrough

this one doesnt have a comprehensive story, its just to tell the stories of my gods and spirits and all that (after theyre dead and have become gods, retelling their mortal lives for the 5th time would just be exhausting)

a lot of it is based off of greek mythology so. yknow (besides the incest. there is as little of that as possible) (zeus's family had issues man 😧)

uhhh the stories probably wont be in any cohesive order, just whatever i feel like telling because ive got a lot. a LOT

• Like 1
  • Eek! 5

as a little lore gremlin with insomnia and adhd that hyperfixates on the weirdest things and has dumped so many hours into figuring out your mythology aND IS STILL CONFUSED:  

GIVE ME THE LORE. I THIRST FOR ANSWERS. WHO THE HELL ARE  TODAYS PARENTS? WHY CAN HE SEE SOMETIMES? DOES TETHER EXIST?  WHAT HAPPENED IN THE JUNGLE FIRE? WHY DO NINE NICHELINGS KEEP RANDOMLY APPEARING ON  ISLANDS? WH-

• Haha 1

On 1/9/2022 at 6:27 PM, Bear - TheyThem said:

as a little lore gremlin with insomnia and adhd that hyperfixates on the weirdest things and has dumped so many hours into figuring out your mythology aND IS STILL CONFUSED:  

GIVE ME THE LORE. I THIRST FOR ANSWERS. WHO THE HELL ARE  TODAYS PARENTS? WHY CAN HE SEE SOMETIMES? DOES TETHER EXIST?  WHAT HAPPENED IN THE JUNGLE FIRE? WHY DO NINE NICHELINGS KEEP RANDOMLY APPEARING ON  ISLANDS? WH-

*scared breathing* 😰

(okay but, im actually flattered youre so invested-and most of those questions will be answered soon!! a lot of ties into my mythology and a lot it is just. stuff that happens)

• Haha 1
  • Eek! 1

Beginning Today

I. Creature of Flames

image.png.039c2766c72b7741d6568b642f362843.png

Shyla ruled the savannahs. 

She cared for the trees and the fields and the deadly fires. She had never known anything else in her life as a mortal, and still, she chose to stay.

Goddess of the savannahs, they called her.

The drylands.

Even deities get lonely.

Nobody she knew wanted to stay. 'We have more pleasant spaces to attend', they would always tell her. Few mortals ever came this way, into her deserts.

She was alone as she could be.

And so, she created someone. A child, for herself. Her own.

With this child came an affection, a warmth that could rival the sun's heat on her back.

"Yesterday, I will name you." She said. "For with you, the feelings of bitter isolation I felt in the past are no more. You will mark a new era for me, my ray."

image.thumb.png.3c6b4351f74d7e174480405a45999de7.png

Yesterday was a bright child.

Loved by his mother and the warmth that enveloped them.

Raised by her side, taught about the beauty of the land they protected, so he would grow to love it just as she had; and he did.

He cared for every bit of the land every of its inhabitants, from the towering trees to the termites who sheltered in the mounds.

Shyla loved him, truly, with all her heart. She never had children as a mortal, and she never had any now as a goddess-but Yesterday was enough for her. She raised him and created him, and that meant more to her than any biological tie ever could.

"Never forget that I love you, my ray." She said to him, nose pressed against his forehead and a gentle smile gracing her face.

He smiled back at her, bright as the sun.

image.thumb.png.7036ffc396326efc63f8e7bfade4c373.png

Though he thought the savannahs were beautiful, he knew they were dangerous.

Many couldn't handle the heat. The cactuses were dangerous to pick from. Fires weren't an uncommon thing.

But never had he seen one so terrible.

There was a fire, spreading rapidly, from end to end on one of the islands. Many had perished already.

Troubled and distraught by the sight, Yesterday visited one who he thought could help.

"Fenax," He said. "Will you not help?"

"This is what you ask of me? I have better, more important things to care for. Your drylands and their people do not concern me." The black and white god replied, tail feathers fanning out in a beautiful display behind him.

"My people are dying!" Yesterday pleaded. "They cannot survive without your rain!"

"I do not take orders from a being lower than the rabbils we hunt." Fenax hissed back. "You are not even real, boy-a figment is what you are. A figment created by a lunatic. This is the way it must happen, or it would not have happened at all."

image.png.c8ce2874322386b2a3e732b3765b4d0d.png

Having been refused by Fenax, Yesterday took it upon himself. He would not sit back and watch.

As the tribe were frantic and disappearing in the flames one by one, he visited them, clearing a way through the danger and leading them to the nearest port. 

The flames could not harm him. 

As he turned back, searching for anyone who might have gotten lost, something wet landed upon his nose.

A drop soaked his pelt. And then another. And another.

He looked up.

A crack split the air.

Shyla discovered him, limp in the ashes of the now distinguished fire with rain dripping down his red fur.

"He should have listened." An enraged voice said from behind her. 

Fenax stepped forward, eyes narrowed and tail feathers curled over his back. 

Yesterday had been struck down by the god, having been enraged at the male for disrupting the natural order of things.

"Let this be a lesson to you, Shyla." He continued. "Do not spend your time on illusions. They do not sense."

Shyla sat there by Yesterday's body, heart broken in two. She felt an icyness that could rival the rain against her skin.

She wondered, idly, where he would be going.

And then she realized-nowhere.

Yesterday had no soul. She had created him herself. There was no place for her son.

She leaned down and pressed her nose to his forehead, voice gentle and soft as the drizzle that echoed her sorrows.

"Rest well, my ray."

image.thumb.png.b1c81da3b5e7eee9d4345fa566f54309.png

image.png.b8dee4c9f3532b214042cad56cc820cd.png

• Sad 5
  • Eek! 2

15 hours ago, Katumai said:

Beginning Today

I. Creature of Flames

image.png.039c2766c72b7741d6568b642f362843.png

Shyla ruled the savannahs. 

She cared for the trees and the fields and the deadly fires. She had never known anything else in her life as a mortal, and still, she chose to stay.

Goddess of the savannahs, they called her.

The drylands.

Even deities get lonely.

Nobody she knew wanted to stay. 'We have more pleasant spaces to attend', they would always tell her. Few mortals ever came this way, into her deserts.

She was alone as she could be.

And so, she created someone. A child, for herself. Her own.

With this child came an affection, a warmth that could rival the sun's heat on her back.

"Yesterday, I will name you." She said. "For with you, the feelings of bitter isolation I felt in the past are no more. You will mark a new era for me, my ray."

image.thumb.png.3c6b4351f74d7e174480405a45999de7.png

Yesterday was a bright child.

Loved by his mother and the warmth that enveloped them.

Raised by her side, taught about the beauty of the land they protected, so he would grow to love it just as she had; and he did.

He cared for every bit of the land every of its inhabitants, from the towering trees to the termites who sheltered in the mounds.

Shyla loved him, truly, with all her heart. She never had children as a mortal, and she never had any now as a goddess-but Yesterday was enough for her. She raised him and created him, and that meant more to her than any biological tie ever could.

"Never forget that I love you, my ray." She said to him, nose pressed against his forehead and a gentle smile gracing her face.

He smiled back at her, bright as the sun.

image.thumb.png.7036ffc396326efc63f8e7bfade4c373.png

Though he thought the savannahs were beautiful, he knew they were dangerous.

Many couldn't handle the heat. The cactuses were dangerous to pick from. Fires weren't an uncommon thing.

But never had he seen one so terrible.

There was a fire, spreading rapidly, from end to end on one of the islands. Many had perished already.

Troubled and distraught by the sight, Yesterday visited one who he thought could help.

"Fenax," He said. "Will you not help?"

"This is what you ask of me? I have better, more important things to care for. Your drylands and their people do not concern me." The black and white god replied, tail feathers fanning out in a beautiful display behind him.

"My people are dying!" Yesterday pleaded. "They cannot survive without your rain!"

"I do not take orders from a being lower than the rabbils we hunt." Fenax hissed back. "You are not even real, boy-a figment is what you are. A figment created by a lunatic. This is the way it must happen, or it would not have happened at all."

image.png.c8ce2874322386b2a3e732b3765b4d0d.png

Having been refused by Fenax, Yesterday took it upon himself. He would not sit back and watch.

As the tribe were frantic and disappearing in the flames one by one, he visited them, clearing a way through the danger and leading them to the nearest port. 

The flames could not harm him. 

As he turned back, searching for anyone who might have gotten lost, something wet landed upon his nose.

A drop soaked his pelt. And then another. And another.

He looked up.

A crack split the air.

Shyla discovered him, limp in the ashes of the now distinguished fire with rain dripping down his red fur.

"He should have listened." An enraged voice said from behind her. 

Fenax stepped forward, eyes narrowed and tail feathers curled over his back. 

Yesterday had been struck down by the god, having been enraged at the male for disrupting the natural order of things.

"Let this be a lesson to you, Shyla." He continued. "Do not spend your time on illusions. They do not sense."

Shyla sat there by Yesterday's body, heart broken in two. She felt an icyness that could rival the rain against her skin.

She wondered, idly, where he would be going.

And then she realized-nowhere.

Yesterday had no soul. She had created him herself. There was no place for her son.

She leaned down and pressed her nose to his forehead, voice gentle and soft as the drizzle that echoed her sorrows.

"Rest well, my ray."

image.thumb.png.b1c81da3b5e7eee9d4345fa566f54309.png

image.png.b8dee4c9f3532b214042cad56cc820cd.png

Poor babie 💔
He protecc, but he get a lil smacc 😔

• Like 1