Stray Fawn Community

The Deer of OakCreek Herd (Deer Challenge)

Allso

The Deer of OakCreek Herd
Challenge I'm Following: 

Information:
- Female Fawns will be born without antlers and once reaching adulthood will have a chance of growing antlers
- Male Fawns will be born with antlers and once reaching adulthood will have a chance of keeping only small antlers or growing megaloceros horns

Terms / Info:
- Doe: Female nichelings
- Buck: Adult male nichelings
- Yearlings: Female teen nichelings
- Spikes: Male teen nichelings
- Fawn: Male or female baby / child nicheling
- Bachelor Herd: A herd consisting of only male nichelings
- Herd: typically used when referring to the main herd of female nichelings
- Herd of The Stars: The herd of ancestors which fallen deer join. They may sometimes come to living deer in dreams and warn of danger, give prophecies, blessings or curse the herd if angered

Colouration and Breeds:
- There is no specific breed of deer I'm following, however, the nichelings may have colourations similar to real life deer species such as red deer, white-tailed deer, elk, moose, reindeer, muntjac, etc.

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 2

The soft murmurs of excitement fill the forest as a small band of deer have finally made their journey to a land they will soon call home. Lead by a young brown-coated lead doe known as Willow, she is the first to push through the tall grass "We need to settle somewhere, I'm sure we're all tired..." she calmly ordered to the others. Followed by a muddy-coated doe with pale stripes known as Cypress, she rolls an eye before following Willow. Finally, small Blight, an almost white young-doe prances after the two "Wait up! I'm starvinggg" she bleated, tail whirring and flicking as she could barely contain her excitement. After a short pause, a large dominant bull walked calmly, following the does hoofprints. His large and imposing rack of horns rustled the tall grass around him as his huge body moved with an elegant presence about him.

(Left to right in picture, Brechin, Willow, Blight, Cypress)
20220111112319_1.thumb.jpg.e94e7359c1caa8a6dfcb85579ca91f15.jpg

Carefully slinking through the grass, Cypress begins to lose her patience with the slow and methodical lead doe, Willow. She Bounds past and with a graceful leap, she clears the small stream and lands on the other side, nearly tumbling right into a berry bush. "Quit making so much racket! You'll lead bearyenas to us!" Willow scowled, pinning her ears at her and giving Blight a stern glare to not dare to follow in the unruly female's footsteps. Brechin offered a small chuckle before sweeping his kind and wise eyes over Willow and giving her a single nod. Willow blushed and continued over the stream with a little prance in her step.

20220111205634_1.thumb.jpg.6646638aaeb6d30cb043997825d3b2e8.jpg

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 1

Seasons change and soon the pregnant Willow and Cypress settle in a bountiful clearing to share the task of caring for fawns. "I can't wait to meet our little ones... they'll be just perfect! I know it..." The usually quiet and reserved Willow bleated excitedly to Cypress. "I'm so happy for the herd... it will be a time of celebration!" she chimed in, the two does who usually would be bickering and arguing over nonsense now sharing a moment of peace together. As the sun rose over the clearing, two male fawns were born into the herd. The first, born to Cypress who she quickly named Thistle shared his mother's grey stripes yet his father's beautiful dark red coat. The second, born to Willow who she named Hawthorne had a beautiful white mane and, again, his father's unmistakable dark red coat.

(Left to right in image, Blight, Cypress and baby Thistle, Willow and baby Hawthorne, Brechin)
20220111212607_1.thumb.jpg.a01f2213867e6b3a1400fb7ac6d9f925.jpg

∘°❉°∘∘°❉°∘∘°❉°∘

Dominant Buck

Brechin - A large russet coloured buck with a pale mane

Lead Doe
Willow - A medium-sized antlered doe with a brown pelt and fluffy tail

Does
Cypress - A medium-sized antlered doe with a mossy, pale striped pelt and large ears
Blight - A medium-sized doe with a pale, almost white pelt

Fawns/Yearlings/Spikes
Thistle - A large male fawn with a dark red coat and grey stripes and mane (Son of Cypress and Brechin)
Hawthorne - A medium-sized male fawn with a dark red coat and white mane (Son of Willow and Brechin)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

The plentiful wet season begins soon after the birth of the first generation of calfs of OakCreek Herd. "Watch little one, the purple berries from bright green bushes are safe to eat, not the bumpy ones from the dark green ones." Willow murmured to her small son, Hawthorne with a cautionary tone. Cypress cuddled her small Thistle close to her warm fur as the first drops of the wet season began to come down around them. All was peaceful in the clearing until wise Brechin from a top his vantage point raised his tail quickly in alarm. His ears perked and Willow quieted her lesson quickly as her and Cypress watched in horror as powerful Brechin began to flee north into the forest "Bearyena!" was all he could whisper to aid his horrified does he disappeared into the grass. "What do we do!?! Where is it!?! Why would he just leave us-" Cypress's questions were soon cut short as a terrified bleat was let out by Blight across the clearing "RUN!!!" she screamed as she began to flee with snorts of alarm.

20220111214143_1.thumb.jpg.98f192a052edf69d043067708d8e29a2.jpg

Cypress's horrified eyes locked with Blight's as Thistle shook with worry from under her legs...Blight gave Cypress and Thistle a single nod.... Cypress shook her head quickly "No! BLIGHT NO" she whisper yelled as she watched what she was doing... all Blight could do was flatten her ears and with tears streaming down her snout she ran in the opposite direction of the herd, leading the Bearyena away from them in a final attempt at saving the herd from certain death. Her bloodcurdling screams could be heard soon after as she soon left this world and joined the Herd of The Stars along with her ancestors...

20220111215357_1.thumb.jpg.64cc2e591b39868470d5e40fef209acf.jpg

(sOBB poor Blight never even got to have fawns of her own... with enemy damage multipliers at 16 a bearyena encounter is very deadly... 😭)

• Sad 3
  • Eek! 1

Dominant Buck

Lead Doe

Does
Cypress - A medium-sized antlered doe with a mossy, pale striped pelt and large ears

Fawns/Yearlings/Spikes
Thistle - A large male fawn with a dark red coat and grey stripes and mane (Son of Cypress and Brechin)
Hawthorne - A medium-sized male fawn with a dark red coat and white mane (Son of Willow and Brechin)

∘°❉°∘∘°❉°∘∘°❉°∘

Willow is the first to begin moving after Brechin, small Hawthorne trotting after her as he rustles his tiny antlers in the tall grass "We need to move away from this side of the island... it isn't safe anymore..." she bleated with a somber expression, nosing Hawthorne to hurry up.

Cypress stared after Willow in complete disbelief "If it wasn't for the sake of my fawn I would never look that COWARD of a buck in the eyes again. The fact that you still follow in fear's hoofprints is pitiful." Cypress spat with such venom. The usually calm and collected Willow whirled around and stared Cypress down "Blight is dead and all you can do is argue against my judgment! There is a difference between bravery and stupidity and I am now sure which one you possess." her voiced raised to a yell, stunning both Cypress and her small fawn, Hawthorne who pinned his ears. Willow's tone dropped almost to a whisper, emotion creeping in "Blight died so we could live... don't let her death be in vain Cypress..." Willow finally turned and kept following after Brechin's scent trail. 

20220111223804_1.thumb.jpg.4bb2a5bd1e9eeabe09129341f61e6a26.jpg

Cypress and Willow's fragile friendship hadn't improved by the time the wet season came to an end, shooting each other glares as the migration continued. Thistle and Hawthorne grew steadily, becoming faster and stronger which each passing day under the watchful eyes of their proud mothers. 

"Brechin!" Willow exclaimed, racing to his side and burying her snout in his large shoulder. He curled his muscular neck down to nuzzle Willow and flash a small smile at his growing sons. "My stars have you two grown!" he bellowed with a nod of approval, shaking his large rack of horns playfully at the two which shook their small antlers back. "Dad! Dad! Can you teach us how to fight!?" Thistle bleated, his tail flicking like a propellor. "DAD! Take us on one of your exploring missions! pLEASEEE" Hawthorne squealed back, nudging his half-brother Thistle out of the way. Brechin smiled to them "In due time young ones. Although you both possess the fiery courage of fierce bucks, you still need to learn a few more lessons from your mothers..." Brechin paused as his gaze met with Cypress's glare, her anger towards him still as fresh as an open wound. Willow flicked an ear at the two before turning to the energetic fawns "Thistle, Hawthorne, come I'll teach you about the Herd of the Stars..." Willow and the fawns walked into the tall grass leaving Cypress and Brechin alone.

Cypress pinned her ears and turned away "I don't want to see you right now Brechin, shouldn't you be chasing Willow or something useless?" she frowned. Brechin's wise eyes didn't leave Cypress as he walked up to her slowly "Cypress I know you haven't forgiven my absence... I wanted to apologize but you weren't ready." He affirmed softly. "I'm sorry Cypress... there was nothing any of us could have done..." Cypress began to sob, pressing her face into Brechin "She wanted to have fawns and grow old with us!" she wept, Brechin comforting her...

As the sun sank into the horizon, the small herd slept peacefully. As the sun rose for yet another day of migrating, the herd's females seemed to have more full bellies...

20220111224300_1.thumb.jpg.cf2da663fa0acb17d8d4790bad1daf31.jpg

(MMM spicy fights and letting go of long overdue grudges... also let me know if you prefer how I'm writing their story in a sort of book way or would prefer less text!)

• Like 3

The herd's migration continues, Willow and Cypress following in the dominant buck, Brechin's hoofprints. As they settled to rest their exhausted legs, Willow with her knowing eyes sees the fire in Thistle and Hawthorne's spirit... their time of learning from their mothers is over.

"Hawthorne... it is time that you and your brother Thistle must set off and become stronger and learn the ways of being a buck from your father." She nodded to Cypress who's expression was of pride but also sadness. These fawns were Willow and Cypress's first fawns and so it was difficult to say goodbye... "Thistle... Hawthorne... it is time you earn your horns before the eyes of the Herd of The Stars. Go forth and may your ancestors guide you." She spoke the traditional words that have passed down from generation to generation. Willow remembered hearing those very words be spoken to her brother... wherever he might be. 

Hawthorne and Thistle were ecstatic and soon set off to join their father in searching for a new clearing large enough for the two groups. 

20220111224410_1.thumb.jpg.e32081685eec1f67dff068b6aa43d7f7.jpg

Soon the rains of the wet season come sporadically as the two heavily pregnant does rest together in a field of berries. The first fawn to see day break is Cypress's calf, a female. Born with the unmistakable dark red coat of Brechin's lineage, Cypress names her Juniper. The second is Willow's fawn, another female. Taking after her mother's chestnut coat, Willow names her Sequoia. 

20220111233938_1.thumb.jpg.1545c82c5672b50e660796b217d02083.jpg

Thistle and Brechin watch over the new arrivals happily. Thistle and Hawthorne's training has been coming along nicely as they practice their jousting skills and learn to set up a territory. Hawthorne can't help but hope he grows a larger set of antlers... if he doesn't he may not have a chance against his larger bodied brother...

∘°❉°∘∘°❉°∘∘°❉°∘

Dominant Buck

Lead Doe

Does

Fawns/Yearlings/Spikes
Thistle - A large male spike with a dark red coat and grey stripes and mane (Son of Cypress and Brechin)
Hawthorne - A medium-sized male spike with a dark red coat and white mane (Son of Willow and Brechin)
Juniper - A medium-sized female fawn with a dark red coat (Daughter of Cypress and Brechin)
Sequoia - A medium-sized female fawn with a chestnut brown coat (Daughter of Willow and Brechin)

• Like 4

As Brechin and the two older spikes, Hawthorne and Thistle cut a path for the does, the scent of the coming rains causes more activity in the usually peaceful clearing. Once small and feeble fawns, Hawthorne and Thistle have now grown full racks of large and impressive antlers. They have both been blessed with their father's horns, however, Thistle has gotten more and more ambitious. The shrieking bugle of a challenge echoes throughout the clearing which is soon followed by the clacks of antlers grinding against antlers. Willow and Cypress's ears perk as they cannot see who is fighting beyond the tall grass, Willow's ears pinning with worry. The clacks and shuffling of hooves continue for a few more minutes before a single defeated grunt is let out. 

20220112110303_1.thumb.jpg.61570bde8d616d8a43dc30d4b28c3f68.jpg
Thistle - 40% chance of winning (Inexperienced)..... Brechin - 60% chance of winning (Experienced)......RNG Rolled... Brechin Wins. (Rolled for injuries, both received only minor injuries... 1 damage taken by both)

As the does make their way towards the source of the scuffle, it is clear that Thistle and Brechin had been fighting as Thistle had a cut on his nose and Brechin on his shoulder. Thankfully, they only received minor injuries but Cypress's pinned ears landed on his son Thistle. "You are very brave Thistle... but you are not yet ready to take on your father. You need to practice more and one day you will be the dominant buck of these lands." she spoke wisely, Thistle nodding sadly. The smaller, Hawthorne couldn't meet his mothers eyes. He felt like a coward for not even trying to fight Brechin but he was smaller and more inexperienced. Willow gave her son, Hawthorne, a nuzzle before the herd continued on their way to the new nesting grounds.... bellies more full than they were before. 

20220112111920_1.thumb.jpg.4050e5af4bdb60dfad0eb6d18306e5de.jpg

∘°❉°∘∘°❉°∘∘°❉°∘

Dominant Buck

Bucks
Thistle - A large buck with large antlers. Has a dark red coat and grey stripes and mane (Son of Cypress and Brechin)
Hawthorne - A medium-sized buck with large antlers. Has a dark red coat and white mane (Son of Willow and Brechin)

Lead Doe

Does

Fawns/Yearlings/Spikes
Juniper - A medium-sized female fawn with a dark red coat (Daughter of Cypress and Brechin)
Sequoia - A medium-sized female fawn with a chestnut brown coat (Daughter of Willow and Brechin)

• Like 3

Across the calm clearing, the mostly large bucks were tearing down the tall grass and finding berry bushes for the does to later travel to. It was Thistle’s surprised voice that broke the quietness that the bucks mostly lived under. “Hello? Who are you?…” he questioned a yellow-mottled young buck. “Rannoch… I come from the North of the forest-“ Rannoch saw as Thistle’s wide eyes looked around quickly for others “-No, just me. I left my herd’s island days ago.” Rannoch continued before looking to the two other bucks. “And you two?” He asked questioningly. “Hawthorne, I’m Thistle’s half brother. And our father Brechin.” Hawthorne introduced himself as Brechin simply and stoically gave a single ear flick to acknowledge his presence. His wise but stern seemed to bore into Rannoch’s very soul as Rannoch lowered his small-antlered head.

20220112131244_1.thumb.jpg.0e8a9b557890e5ed64fa40b012db8170.jpg

As the bachelor herd of 4 males were becoming acquainted with the new arrival, the bleats of excitement from Juniper and Sequoia could be heard from the nesting site. Now older and more mature, Sequoia had taken to exploring farther and farther away from her mother, Willow's watchful gaze. "The fawns are coming! The fawns are coming!" Juniper squealed, Sequoia now racing over and joining her half sister and the older does. "I wonder if they'll look like dad! Or maybe have stripes like mom!" Juniper bleated before a hush fell over the herd. 

20220112131505_1.thumb.jpg.f3ba3a651ec8ae81815679b496e5028d.jpg

The soft squeaks of a single female fawn came from Willow's nest first "She's... beautiful" Sequoia smiled as she looked over at her new little sister. "Her name will be Bayou... because she was born beside the great river." Willow spoke solemnly. Soon after, the stirring of a fawn.... no... fawns caused Juniper to nearly erupt in adoration. "TWO NEW SIBLINGS!!!" she squealed and her mother, Cypress smiled and hushed her. Cypress then nodded to the male fawn curled in her fur "His name will be Elowen and his little twin sister will be Ivy." She smiled with pride. 

20220112132027_1.thumb.jpg.4f597bde937f1ba42d7f8b863478bfc7.jpg

∘°❉°∘∘°❉°∘∘°❉°∘

Dominant Buck

Bucks
Thistle - A large buck with large antlers. Has a dark red coat and grey stripes and mane (Son of Cypress and Brechin)
Hawthorne - A medium-sized buck with large antlers. Has a dark red coat and white mane (Son of Willow and Brechin)
Rannoch - A medium-sized buck with small antlers. Has a yellow-mottled coat and chestnut mane

Lead Doe

Does

Fawns/Yearlings/Spikes
Juniper - A medium-sized yearling with a dark red coat (Daughter of Cypress and Brechin)
Sequoia - A medium-sized yearling with a chestnut brown coat (Daughter of Willow and Brechin)
Bayou - A medium-sized female fawn with a dark red coat (Daughter of Willow and Brechin)
Ivy - A medium-sized female fawn with a chestnut coat (Daughter of Cypress and Brechin)
Elowen - A large male fawn with a chestnut coat, gray stripes and a white mane (Son of Cypress and Brechin)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

After an exhausting day of delivering the fawns, the does had finally settled down to rest and sleep in their comfortable bedding. That night, Willow, the lead doe had been tossing and turning....

She opened her eyes and was shocked to find that she was alone in a brightly lit clearing. As she looked up to the stars she was shocked to see that although it was midnight, the thousands of stars illuminated her surrounds clearly. "Willow." An ominously loud voice called out. As Willow looked down from the stars she had been staring at, she was shocked to find a doe standing before her with gleaming starry eyes. "M-mother?" Willow choked out, almost reeling from the sight of how angelic she looked. "Willow you must listen carefully my child." She pressed her forehead against Willow's causing Willow's coat to prickle with a funny feeling. Her mother's voice was now echoing all around her as if she possessed a thousand voices. "When the trees shed their leaves only the winds of the north may restore balance to the forest."

... Willow didn't understand what she meant but knew it was extremely important. Willow's eyes shut and suddenly she was awake... it was dawn and the herd was only just starting to stir.

20220113112828_1.thumb.jpg.54113aabe5c37f7dc087d153278ee244.jpg

"Cypress- I've received a- I think it was a prophecy." Willow sputtered out quickly, locking eyes with her. "A prophecy? From who? What did they say?!" Cypress questioned with wide eyes. "My mother- When the trees shed their leaves only the winds of the north may restore balance to the forest..." Willow recalled the words. "I don't know what they mean..." Cypress pondered over them slowly. "Me neither... perhaps we should warn Brechin and the other bucks. Maybe they can help us." Willow considered. Cypress nodded.

It was decided that Sequoia and Cypress would look after the fawns as Willow traveled to warn Brechin and the bachelor herd of the prophecy. Willow trotted towards the group but pausing with a questioning look at the unknown yellow-coated male. "Rannoch... just a young buck looking for company." Brechin answered her unasked question before the males of the group even knew of her presence. They all turned to her, Hawthorne smiling at seeing his mother. "Brechin I've received a prophecy... When the trees shed their leaves only the winds of the north may restore balance to the forest... I have no idea what the Herd of The Stars mean... nor does Cypress." She quickly explained as Brechin's usually stoic expression creased in deep thought. The males all pondered quickly and soon, one by one, each looked towards Rannoch with a quizzical expression.... It seemed Rannoch would have some explaining to do.

20220113112923_1.thumb.jpg.2b2d6ecf8172148c20265e2c0562699f.jpg

(Prophecy time!!! Super excited to bring some lore into this story :D)

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

"Didn't you say that you're from the North?... It- it has to be you?" Hawthorne concluded with confusion clouding his gaze. Rannoch looked between the bucks and the Lead Doe, Willow, with an equally confused expression. "I don't understand... why would I be to one to restore balance to the forest??" Rannoch snorted, shaking his head in disbelief. "Well whatever is going on, it clearly has something to do with you." Willow uttered with uncertainty. "Regardless if the prophecy has anything to do with Rannoch, it would be best if we travel Northward and explore the rest of the forest. It's possible that the prophecy refers to something geographical..." Brechin announced.

Willow began to shake her head at him, a shiver prickling her coat. Brechin wasn't getting any younger and since travelling with the fiery young bucks, cuts and bruises could be seen on his pelt. In his prime Brechin could go breeding season after breeding season without a single scratch on his hide... but in his old age it was clear that it was getting harder to keep up with their restless antics. Willow's worried eyes locked with Brechin's and but his pride hadn't faded and with a raise of his muscled and elegant neck he looked towards to younger bucks. "We'll travel North at dawn. Willow, tell Cypress and the herd to not worry, I'm sure we'll be back before the wet season's rains." Brechin commanded the other bucks. The young bucks each looked a little more thrilled than they had been a few moments ago. The wet season meant the battles of dominance for the does would take place...

That night, as the bachelor herd slept, Rannoch had trouble falling asleep. The thought of the ominous prophecy clawed at his mind like the rakes of a buck's antlers.

SNAP..

The soft sound of a nearby twig interrupted Rannoch's thoughts. He pricked his ears and opened his eyes to slits. Was he dreaming or did he hear a giggle? "Shhh! You'll wake them" A voice whispered. Rannoch couldn't be sure of whatever else was being said due to the swaying rustle of tall grass around him... He closed his eyes to listen to the voices better "Rannoch"... the voice whispered... "Rannoch!" They yelled. Rannoch's eyes flew open and to his surprise it was dawn. "Hurry up! Brechin is going to leave you in the dust." Hawthorne urged, poking him in the side with his horns.

"oW! Alright! I'm up, I'm up." Rannoch bleated, jumping to his hooves with a stagger. "Jeez, when Brechin said dawn I didn't realize he meant the crack of dawn." He groaned, stretching slightly before he and Hawthorne trotted after Thistle and Brechin. "Don't worry, you'll get used to it" Hawthorne laughed. The search for whoever or whatever the prophecy referred to had finally begun. The more Rannoch thought about this whole situation, the more unanswered questions swirled in his mind...

20220112131505_1.jpg.ba28e109515f5e32a69e127ca43947aa.jpg

(ooo mysterious encounters!)

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

Hey, I just wanted to ask if anyone has any nice foresty/ nature related names so I can start making a list of names. Also if you guys prefer this longer writing style or would like less writing but more gameplay, lmk! 😊

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Allso said:

Hey, I just wanted to ask if anyone has any nice foresty/ nature related names so I can start making a list of names. Also if you guys prefer this longer writing style or would like less writing but more gameplay, lmk! 😊

Rosewood

Redwood 

Cane

Bramble

Marigold

Goldenrod

Beechnut 

Gooseberry

Lichen 

Moss

Spearmint 

Portobello

Mahogany

and that’s all I can do right now-

2 hours ago, Allso said:

Mint

Argan

Aloe

Pineapple

Dryad

Nymph

Satyr

Leaf

Honeydew

Passionfruit

Mandrake

1 hour ago, Bear - They Them said:

Rosewood

Redwood 

Cane

Bramble

Marigold

Goldenrod

Beechnut 

Gooseberry

Lichen 

Moss

Spearmint 

Portobello

Mahogany

Oooo yesss 🦌

The bachelor herd of bucks had been travelling for 3 days, heading Northward in search of the answer to Willow's Prophecy without any luck so far. Thistle was getting frustrated with this whole journey, eager to practice sparring with the other males. He gave a teasing shove to his younger brother, Hawthorne who pinned his ears and let out a surprised bleat as he was nearly knocked off his hooves. Being smaller than Thistle, he was usually the one who lost their little fights. "Thistle cut it out!" Hawthorne grumbled, trotting a few steps to get out of his way. "Can't you take a joke Hawthorne." Thistle moped before ducking his head and shoving him from behind with his rack of antlers. Hawthorne through a hindleg back to warn him, ears pinned but he said nothing. Brechin simply flicked an ear back, the little shake of his head the only indication of him acknowledging their fights. Rannoch rolled his eyes and kept his gaze trained on the horizon as the sun dipped down below the tall grass. 

"We'll settle here for the night. Get some rest all of you, we leave at dawn." Brechin commanded as he began to scrape away some tall grass to make his temporary bed a bit softer. Rannoch and the other younger bucks began to do the same and slowly, one by one, they all laid down to rest...

20220120171953_1.thumb.jpg.734c46923e380523603edfa6f9ab2c3a.jpg

When Rannoch opened his eyes it was nearly pitch black, the cover of trees hiding the stars above. He wasn't sure why but a feeling of unease clung to his coat like dew. He raised his head to see that Brechin was gone from his grass bedding. Rannoch quietly rose to his feet and looked around with a worried expression. He began to walk around the area, ears pricked in the darkly lit clearing. As he walked around he suddenly looked up to see Brechin walking and sniffing around... Rannoch quickly dropped his head to hide himself, watching the wise old bull carefully. Brechin sniffed around before eating some short grass. The area was filled with night-berries and even wise old Rannoch didn't want to take the risk.

Rannoch recalled his mother's words with a fond memory. "Rannoch, you mustn't eat the white-spotted night-berries." She had cautioned. "But why are they called night-berries?" His younger self questioned. "They're called night berries because once you eat them... well they'll kill you. Night night...." She explained and Rannoch shivered with unease. Rannoch left the bull to his late night snack and slowly walked back to his bedding. He laid back down and soon fell asleep...

∘°❉°∘∘°❉°∘∘°❉°∘

Dominant Buck

Bucks
Rannoch - A medium-sized buck with small antlers. Has a yellow-mottled coat and chestnut mane

Lead Doe

Does
Juniper - A medium-sized antlered doe with a dark red coat (Daughter of Cypress and Brechin)
Sequoia - A medium-sized antlered doe with a chestnut brown coat (Daughter of Willow and Brechin)

Fawns/Yearlings/Spikes
Bayou - A medium-sized female fawn with a dark red coat (Daughter of Willow and Brechin)
Ivy - A medium-sized female fawn with a chestnut coat (Daughter of Cypress and Brechin)
Elowen - A large male fawn with a chestnut coat, gray stripes and a white mane (Son of Cypress and Brechin)

• Eek! 4

On 1/19/2022 at 6:25 AM, Allso said:

On 1/19/2022 at 8:49 AM, Bear - They Them said:

Rosewood

Redwood 

Cane

Bramble

Marigold

Goldenrod

Beechnut 

Gooseberry

Lichen 

Moss

Spearmint 

Portobello

Mahogany

got more names! 

Honeysuckle 

Macadamia 

Pomegranate 

Snapdragon 

Faerie 

Phlox 

Hyacinth 

Fennel 

Goji 

Dogwood 

Gale 

Reishi 

• Eek! 1

1 hour ago, Allso said:

I’ve been brainstorming some awesome stuff for this herd. Perhaps, eventually these deer may make some cultural advancements like warrior cats but it will be unique compared to them. 

Yoooo, would you be upset if I also did the deer herd challenge for a playthrough? It would probably be a lot less writing because I'm not as creative as you, but it seems fun! You make them fun :')

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Cloudscape -Any Pronouns- said:

Yoooo, would you be upset if I also did the deer herd challenge for a playthrough? It would probably be a lot less writing because I'm not as creative as you, but it seems fun! You make them fun :')

That would be amazing! I’d love to see another person trying out this challenge. It’s literally my favourite 😊

As the Bachelor Herd's journey to solve the prophecy had dragged on for 4 days, the bucks eagerness to uncover the truth had faded. They walked in a single file line led by Brechin until noon where he laid down in the shade of a patch of tall grass. As Rannoch watched him, he noticed he was panting softly with ears flattened and mouth slightly agape. Brechin's soul piercing eyes flicked to Rannoch and Rannoch quickly averted his eyes and began to graze with the younger bucks. 

"I can't want until the wet season... I've been practicing with Brechin all dry season and I know he won't admit it, but I think he knows I'm ready." Thistle softly mentioned to the two others. Rannoch smirked to Thistle and let out a snort "Oh yes! I can just imagine it now... Thistle with his chest all puffed out, the ladies, oh! They adore him! And wait... whats this! His father takes the glory once again!" He burst out laughing. Thistle chuckled, shaking his head at him "Oh Rannoch! You've just hurt my pride." Thistle feigned sadness before they both laughed. Hawthorne didn't say much, just rolled his eyes and walked to the other edge of the clearing to graze. Brechin let out a commanding grunt to call their attention "Its time we rejoin the does again." He said sternly before beginning to walk back through the trail they had created. It was much quicker travelling back towards the herd than it was going away, much of the tall grass they had cleared out speeding up their journey back. By the time the sun dipped beneath the tall grass they were only a short distance from the herd. It would only take the next morning to finally make it back to the does' clearing.

"We'll rest here for the night." Brechin finally commanded, beginning to pull together grass for bedding. "But dad we're so close! Can't we just walk a bit more?" Thistle suddenly grumbled. Brechin's ear twitched as he craned his large muscled neck towards his son and stared at him with such a ridged gaze that Rannoch was glad it wasn't him. "Do not question my judgment." Brechin scolded as Thistle looked down at his hooves in shame. He nodded his lowered head before laying down in the short grass. Rannoch looked away and minded his own business, laying down and shutting his eyes. He fell asleep soon, legs curled around his body...

"NO! NO NO NO NO!" A voice screamed, ripping Rannoch from his sleep in an instant. His eyes shot open to see Thistle's hunched form on the edge of the clearing. Hawethorne's frozen expression looked to Rannoch, him still and unmoving. "What in the stars is going on!?" Rannoch bleated, ears flattened with a concerned expression flashing to Hawthorne. "Thistle- he- he-" Hawthorne sputtered, body shaking like a leaf. Rannoch whirled around and galloped over to Thistle to see what was happening, Thistle still yelling in anger? Pain? Rannoch wasn't sure. Rannoch slowed and nearly tripped over his hooves from the horror...

Brechin's broken body lay twisted beneath the shade of a tree... pelt torn with antler marks and wounds and clouded... lifeless eyes... and Thistle's pelt... covered in blood. 

"You MURDERER" Hawthorne spat at Thistle...

20220122173117_1.thumb.jpg.6f4c7d139f7f1531f0336e48ee3b7eff.jpg

(Brechin is dead! It's so sad losing one of the starting characters ;(. He was getting old but he deserved to die in peace)

• Sad 4
  • Eek! 1

I’m thinking of possibly doing videos of this series but am unsure. Let me know if you guys would prefer videos or to continue writing. If I did do videos I would probably have some cut scenes for important moments and also gameplay.

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

4 hours ago, Allso said:

I’m thinking of possibly doing videos of this series but am unsure. Let me know if you guys would prefer videos or to continue writing. If I did do videos I would probably have some cut scenes for important moments and also gameplay.

I much prefer writing

• Paw up 1

5 hours ago, Allso said:

Hmmm.. Maybe keep this writing, and if you do another one make it videos and keep them posted in their own little playthrough post?

• Thanks 1