Stray Fawn Community

V 0.1.8 Feedback

eukadealer

works fine so far. Because this is more for demo preperations this is much of new players/early game phase in mind.

Pro:

• nice that more stone is added to make starting buldings much easyer
  • nice looking for the new coloured onbu doc.

Con:

• still dont like it to start in a desert where collecting water isnt posiible from start.
    (air well dont work in deserts at the moment and oases need a scavenger i dont have at the start)
  • Tutorial gives me as one of the first tasks to stock up stone and wood.
    i never archive this with 40 stone because i give from the start more building tasks and build a stone cutter early for stone plates.
    would be nice if:
    • you could lower ne needed number(15-20) or
    • count also mined stones that lay around and dont have to be in a stockpile

Neutral:

• was a little confused that the new tutorial now wishes to open the elders book or so when it means the glosery. Please change the tutorial text or rename the glossery so that the people now what to open. also possible to add a hint to button c like shown on the glossery pop up could help as well

wishes for new/improve features:

Buildings:

• please add a benefit or something like that to the berry gatherer so that new bushes grow in his influence area faster/more often. 
    so after an infections the gathere can still operate. This option could be locked for research
  • would be great if you could set a mark or smal building that marks an area to be cleared from respawning ressources of my choice.
    so you could set the mark, say whitch ressources/things you want to be cleared etc and the harvesters to the rest. So i dont have to search allways for newly spawned stones on the map. they would simply collect all stones in a area. in early game without a quarry this makes the games as well less mikro management heavy.

Jobs:

• would still love when my workers transport there products to nearest stock/building in need of product when there stock is full. So they would would empty there stock and can produce more or relieve my carriers
    normal Problem that killed me the most:
    My herbalist are full, the docs are full but my stockpiles have still room for more. instead of transport these to the nearest stock my guys standing around idle.
  • would be nice if my farmers, gathers etc would destroy poisened plants in ther influence area.
    because poisened plants are the biggest danger in your village these workers should priotize these over collecting/harvest ther normal products(see nausicaa - there the hole village stops normal working after the first poisened plants are find)

UI:

• Would like to execute Orders directly from building instead of beeing forced to onbu view/level
    It is good that the onbu view collect all orders your people can execute(feeding, cure poison/hp etc). But i would feel nicer to give this orders directly on the village level from the builing itself.
    when i see that my Onbu is poisened or hungry it is my first instinct to give the order from the building.
    so the necesary buttons would be great in the building menu.
  • would still like to give Harvest and Priority Orders in one step. So please if it would possible to add a priority selection to the harvest command whis would smoth up harvest operations a lot.
  • please add a harvest order for poisened plants only. this would help handle smal infections much easyer than zoom in and mark every plant by hand
  • would be nice to see the health of my people so that i can see (when selected) how much time he have to be healed
  • still would like to see how many open jobs i have. The unemployed number only show how many free people i have. when these is 0 i dont now how many people i miss to forfill every task.

Balance:

• would be nice ic you could try to increase the number of berry bushes in the starting location for early food productions(see my arch enemy of for this - the all migthy dryland aka desert) one area with 10-15 bushes would help much.
  • please change the air well in deserts so that they can produce smal amounts of water(10-25% maybe)
    Would ease up the desert-starts or unly long running desert runs
  • would be nice if i could scavange onbu feeding spots. I see them on the route not taken and think every time to me why my scavengers arent able to go there and collect the onbu feed there.
  • would be nice if i could also collect poisen villagers via scavengers.
  • poisend people die to quickly for my taste. So i cant realy change my economy quick enough when something goes wrong. reducing the time of them dying would help alot and dont cause frustration for new players. A research that archive this would be great
  • Like 1

lots of what is written here does fit with my experience 

About the Air well, at least at night time they should work in desserts as well.

Also infection spreads to fast, I could sometimes not clear all infection before reaching the next poison spot.

And as Poisoned villagers die rather fast there need to be another way to gain more villagers.

I didn't have enough to run my decontamination while still runing my farm and other stuff I need to feed my people and heal onbu all at the same time.

Also I'd like some kind of poison overlay to make it easier/faster to find infected areas 

This sums up pretty much all my thoughts too. I found the learning curve a bit steep in the beginning. It sort of felt like the quests were rushing me to build everything, but I was running out of people and resources while trying.

On 2/17/2022 at 10:37 PM, eukadealer said:

please add a benefit or something like that to the berry gatherer so that new bushes grow in his influence area faster/more often. 
so after an infections the gathere can still operate. This option could be locked for research

I especially agree with this. Once infection hit I basically gave up. It took out my berry gatherer and expanded way faster than I could control. It would be good if the first wave of infection wasn't quite so severe, and maybe some extra info on how to handle it.

On 2/17/2022 at 10:37 PM, eukadealer said:

would be nice if i could scavange onbu feeding spots. I see them on the route not taken and think every time to me why my scavengers arent able to go there and collect the onbu feed there.

This would be awesome! I also would like more info on how the scavengers work. Initially I didn't realise I had to manually send them off to do things. 

The other thing is the research tree. It seems weird that learning the quarry and sawmill come after carpenter and stonecutter. I struggled so much with stone and wood resources because they kept taking them all. Then I had issues just building and resourcing my quarry and sawmill. 

On 2/17/2022 at 3:37 AM, eukadealer said:

wishes for new/improve features:

Buildings:

• please add a benefit or something like that to the berry gatherer so that new bushes grow in his influence area faster/more often. 

Jobs:

• would still love when my workers transport there products to nearest stock/building in need of product when there stock is full. So they would would empty there stock and can produce more or relieve my carriers
    normal Problem that killed me the most:
    My herbalist are full, the docs are full but my stockpiles have still room for more. instead of transport these to the nearest stock my guys standing around idle.
  • would be nice if my farmers, gathers etc would destroy poisened plants in ther influence area.
    because poisened plants are the biggest danger in your village these workers should priotize these over collecting/harvest ther normal products(see nausicaa - there the hole village stops normal working after the first poisened plants are find)

UI:

• please add a harvest order for poisened plants only. this would help handle smal infections much easyer than zoom in and mark every plant by hand

Balance:

• would be nice ic you could try to increase the number of berry bushes in the starting location for early food productions(see my arch enemy of for this - the all migthy dryland aka desert) one area with 10-15 bushes would help much.
  • please change the air well in deserts so that they can produce smal amounts of water(10-25% maybe)
    Would ease up the desert-starts or unly long running desert runs
  • poisend people die to quickly for my taste. So i cant realy change my economy quick enough when something goes wrong. reducing the time of them dying would help alot and dont cause frustration for new players. A research that archive this would be great

Definitely agree with all of these.

I'll add.  In all but my first try, it was poison, and lack of manning, that really killed me.  I would somewhat hold it together.  People would be hungry, but I wasn't starving.  Until a medium or larger poison cloud hit.  I would have to pull from other places to fight the spread.  I couldn't keep up.

I could run scavenge missions to get more villagers, but that happens so slow (at least for me) that I would already be at skeleton crew for a lot of places.  When I ran them, I'd get 2 guys, on average.  Once 3, and once 4.

By this time, I'm also hitting poison clouds.  One, every so often, is fine.  It takes me some time, but I can slowly deal with it.  I seem to always hit them fairly back to back.  When I'm hitting the second one, I've only got the first one controlled by about 50% (unless it's small) at best.  Anything larger, back to back, and I'm going to lose.  First the poison villagers.  Then the spread.  Then starvation, as I can barely keep a crew to work with food.  Everyone I can spare is trying to clear the poison.

I completed the demo on my 4th try.  I was well on my way to the typical slow poison land, starvation death.  Trying to harvest poison items, and clear large areas of items, was the only reason I made it that long.

So:

- Slight increase in villagers you get (or get from scavenge missions) by 1, 2 max.

- A decrease in the amount of poison clouds.  To me, half would be great.  If not decrease the amount of clouds, decrease the chance of infection, or slow its spread.  Right now, it takes a lot of manning to clear a spot that even slightly gets out of control.  That manning loss in other places, to deal with it, greatly hamstrings anything else.

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1
  • Love 1

from my latest experiences poisen clouds hits relativly late ingame.

generel helping is:

from the start set a full worker builing to harvest and clean the whole map from every plant. Ba the time the clouds hit you the most of plants should be gone and the rest can be controlled by manuel setting priority up. Decontaminators are note efficent at the moment. so dont waste reseach time, ressources and workers with them.

set up a full staffed herbalist and doctor as soon as possible. when your stockpile is full close the herbalist and us the workers elsewere

When scavengers need too long for you simply add a second building. in games where i start with a settlemend nearby i take avery settler possible.
a more satisfied village atractes more people. normaly i was able to got 40 people at the end of the demo.