Stray Fawn Community

Latest build suggestions

Geawiel

So, I had a few suggestions from my latest play (just now)

- 3 berry gathering buildings, manned with at least 2 villagers (65% efficiency, 60% efficiency, and 72%).  Yet, starvation was still an issue.  There are a few thoughts on this. 

• First, 2 berries per bush seemed low. 
  • I know it's 3 to make a dish at the cook.  However, even with those harvesters, I was still not getting enough to feed everyone once my pop went up above around 25. 
  • A farm alone is the same issue, and even a farm with 2 gatherers had the same issues.
  • Berry gatherers, to me, shouldn't ever be starving.  They're picking units of berries!  I can see hungry, but not starving.

- I noticed poisoned villagers, when a doc was dispatched, just stood there.  Seems like this definitely wouldn't happen.  Suggestions:

• If a doc is dispatched, they should continue to work until the doc gets there.
  • If their health is low enough (half maybe) they should walk to meet the doc, then go back to what they were doing.
  • I don't know the doc's current health priority ai, but they should be prioritizing by health
  • Doc buildings could possibly have health pacs built in them (maybe research item).  Doc's, in the down time, when no one is poisoned, could build them at a 3 to 5 herb to one pack, rate.  When a poisoned villager gets near, they pick up a pack.  This could take the load off of docs when things get heavy.

- Workers harvesting poisoned plants/items should prioritize by percent to spread, when heading out to pick which poison item they're harvesting.

- Could we get a message of some type, for when we've left a spore cloud?  Either an event text, or maybe change the terrain type while we're in it, then back when we're out?  I've been sprinting through it, when I can, but would be nice to get an exit indicator so I can start hunting down infected items.  It can sometimes get hard to tell if you are actually through the cloud (at least for me), especially at in game night.  "Ubantu sighs with relief, as it leaves the spore cloud."

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Geawiel said:

- Could we get a message of some type, for when we've left a spore cloud?  Either an event text, or maybe change the terrain type while we're in it, then back when we're out?  I've been sprinting through it, when I can, but would be nice to get an exit indicator so I can start hunting down infected items.  It can sometimes get hard to tell if you are actually through the cloud (at least for me), especially at in game night.  "Ubantu sighs with relief, as it leaves the spore cloud."

the visual notification should be good. when you dont see any visual rest of the storm than you are out.
Problem is that after a storm onbus poisen level rises. when his level is higher poisen plants can spread/grow without a storm needed. So waiting to an storms end

So you should pause the game and hund as soon the cloud issnt visible anymore.

Other good thing i would like to have constantly. as part of the tutorial there is a counter that shows how many poisen plants are there.
Would be great if we could have this everytime when an infection is active. at the moment i noticed this only the first time as part of tutorial.

- Workers harvesting poisoned plants/items should prioritize by percent to spread, when heading out to pick which poison item they're harvesting.

Dont think that would be good. % is chacning constantly. 
better is in my mind 2 steps:
1. Priority. Which plants has the highest priority. when there are multiple ones
2.Distance from worker. So the worker would allways harvest the nearest plant with the highest prioriry. 
any other calculation could lead to the problem that the worker run wild around from one point of the map to an other through maybe infected land.

- 3 berry gathering buildings, manned with at least 2 villagers (65% efficiency, 60% efficiency, and 72%).  Yet, starvation was still an issue.  There are a few thoughts on this. 

with so low % numbers i would sugegst to close the gatherer and use the workers as scavers to hunt food from ruined settkements or use them as farmers. with 2 full farms and water you should be able to feed your people. with a full kitchen there shouldnt be any problems up to 40 villagers 

13 hours ago, eukadealer said:

the visual notification should be good. when you dont see any visual rest of the storm than you are out.
Problem is that after a storm onbus poisen level rises. when his level is higher poisen plants can spread/grow without a storm needed. So waiting to an storms end

So you should pause the game and hund as soon the cloud issnt visible anymore.

Other good thing i would like to have constantly. as part of the tutorial there is a counter that shows how many poisen plants are there.
Would be great if we could have this everytime when an infection is active. at the moment i noticed this only the first time as part of tutorial.

Problem I'm having is, the visual indication is hard to tell.  There is the heavy one, which clears up, but is that the end?  There is some lingering, lighter green after the heavy.  Is the poison chance still there with the lighter green?  If the chance is still there, it can be hard to tell when the lighter green is over in some situations.

I can't find anything to indicate if the lighter is still toxic.

On plants, maybe it should go:

Distance

Closest to spread timer

Using workers to scavenge is fine, but it comes later.  Even if I go straight for it, getting everything in line is still a bit.  Then building it, then finding enough places to get food (I get almost nothing for food on scavenging each play through.)

Those numbers were the best I could find on the map I was given.  Best I've had is high 70's, and 3 will somewhat keep up.

Farms are hit or miss.  I started going for berries, because they're a better bet than farms.  Especially when it comes to variations in humidity, and worker lag in transporting water to farms.  You've also got 3 different farms (minimum) to deal with, if you use radish.  Shrooms, Herbs and radish.  3 to 5 water gatherers can sometimes keep up.  Then, I have to worry about transport.  Even a hut set to transport can't seem to do it fast enough.  It seems that transport is not as much as issue with berries.  I seem to get a lot of desert maps though, so water gathering and farming has me a bit jaded towards them.

9 hours ago, Geawiel said:

Problem I'm having is, the visual indication is hard to tell. 

The visual presentation is not importent if there is any spreading.
the only point this is relevant is if you see the plants or not. when the storm anymoation with clouds is still on you simply cant see all parts of your map. As soon as you notice the storm you wait until you can see the map total clear.

As Indicator i would suggest the onbu paison circle.
ther is an up/down symbol. more arrow mean stronger influence. When in storm there will be more arrows showing up. 
when the storm is endet there should be only 1 arrow up.

as soon as you can see your map again pause the game and hunt the plants down with high priority harvesting.

good for you: when a allready priotized poisent plant spread the new plant will allready be markes as well with the same level as the first one.

I tend to harvest all my plants so that there is nearly now chance to catch the infection.
so simply look every few minutes arount if new plants are grown or old one have spread and repead the sicle if necesary with pause and marking.

5 hours ago, eukadealer said:

The visual presentation is not importent if there is any spreading.
the only point this is relevant is if you see the plants or not. when the storm anymoation with clouds is still on you simply cant see all parts of your map. As soon as you notice the storm you wait until you can see the map total clear.

As Indicator i would suggest the onbu paison circle.
ther is an up/down symbol. more arrow mean stronger influence. When in storm there will be more arrows showing up. 
when the storm is endet there should be only 1 arrow up.

as soon as you can see your map again pause the game and hunt the plants down with high priority harvesting.

good for you: when a allready priotized poisent plant spread the new plant will allready be markes as well with the same level as the first one.

I tend to harvest all my plants so that there is nearly now chance to catch the infection.
so simply look every few minutes arount if new plants are grown or old one have spread and repead the sicle if necesary with pause and marking.

Didn't even think of Onbu cycle!  I'll keep an eye on that one next run.

I was able to harvest a good portion on one map, but I started with trees that were clustered pretty well, and I planted my village right in the middle.  I put my storage and mill right there too.  By the time my first cloud was hit, I had harvest most of the clustered stuff.  It was the only play through, so far, where I think I could have easily held my own past the demo end.