Stray Fawn Community

Dragon people (OUTDATED)

BirbMonster

ALL DESIGNS ARE OUTDATED! NEW TOPIC COMING SOON!

A species I made a while ago. I've been constantly updating their lore and culture for like 2 years now, and it literally started with a daydream about having cool wings.

Anyways, here are all the basics about Dragon People. (the name is unoriginal sorry) you can make an oc if you like, but credit me.

They're kinda a dragon-human mix. A human, with the wings, tail, powers, ect of a dragon.

Elements

There are 10 dfferent elemental dragon people- Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Dark, Light, Electric, Poison, Plant, and Ice (hybrids exist).

They each have a unique type of wings and tail. (more refs coming soon, they will have placeholder descriptions)

Fire

Fireref.thumb.png.6d537d43acf905aba8803791e5cac10c.png

Water

Waterref.thumb.png.6f8127ba8a28cb14cfc8d2df103a8103.png

Air

Airref.thumb.png.11a4858fe83137b009d1faafdfe9d952.png

Earth

Earthref.thumb.png.745241db5c4769f94cc93f6c32d8ec0b.png

Dark

DarkBase.thumb.png.24529713bec0467a9c5ff00b27ca8396.png

Light

Lightbase.thumb.png.697dd124d4b50956a0bd6b71f33a81bb.png

Electric

Lightningref.thumb.png.e0ff5be5fc714bdc22c0c08765343794.png

Poison

Poisonref.thumb.png.e1cac82d3c979c0e1632ea3981947a16.png

Plant placeholder- (Wings look like branches with large leaves across them like the wing membrane, almost looking man-made. Their tails look like vines. Rather obviously, brown and green)

Ice placeholder- (hard to describe.... main wing structure looks like it's made of solid ice. Membranes are transparent, but always covered in frost making them more visible. Wing has a snowflake-shaped structure in the central point. Tail is normal but with a snowflake-shaped club. Colours are obvious: light blues and whites, can still have purple hues as long as the purple is really pale)

Like I said, refs like the ice and water ones will come for the other elements.

Social structure

All dragon people live on an island called Harakuu, each one in it's own biome- volcano for fire, lake for water, forest for plant, ect. There are about 200 living individuals of each species. They have 3 ranks- Omegas, Betas, and Alphas. Omegas are normal members. Betas are like a higher class- more respected, with more privalages. Alphas are leaders. Usually, the Alpha's child claims the throne after the alpha dies, but if a member of the same element beats the alpha in combat (NOT to the death) their family becomes the royal family. Omegas can challenge betas for the Beta role, or can be advanced to the role by an alpha if they seem skilled enough.

Usually, there are conflicts over resources between groups, but in each year there are 2 religious events where there is only peace (more on that later!)

Names

Names are 2-part with no changes during life. The first part of the name is something to do with the element, like 'Rain' for water dragon people, 'Shadow' for dark dragon people, 'Sting' for Poison dragon people, ect. The second half is stuff like 'wing', 'claw', 'step', ect.

Thats actually it for now. More in the replies, since I don't exactly have time rn :)

• Like 2

Religion 

Though beliefs may vary, all dragon people follow a religion centred around the sun and moon, which are believed to be gods.

In midsummer at midday when the sun is highest, a sun-dedicated festival is held- Soleor. 
In the full moon closest to midwinter, a moon-dedicated festival is held- Lunara.

Parasites, like leeches, that kind of thing, are seen as demons. This is because they suck the ‘life force’ out of beings, and the founder of the religion was killed by an infected wound… from a leech.

• Like 2

Time to show ya'll the first dragon person oc I ever made, when this whole thing first started (edgy because when I made her I thought it was all super cool. However I did change things up a little)

Element: Dark

Name: Shadowfang

Appearence: Slim and tall, sleek hair, red eyes. She wears a wolfskin cloak and a golden snake bracelet.

Stuff about her: She's very harsh and strict, and was 16 when she had to be made alpha. She had to be 18 to fully take on the role, but the most respected betas helped her for 2 years. 

She also has VERY distant poison dragon person roots... but because of how distant they are, she only has slightly longer fangs and an extra tail barb, but no venom/poison elemental powers at all.

• Like 1

Island

Dragon people live on an undiscovered island called Harakuu. Well, it's sort of discovered. There's still a small population of humans whose technology has hardly advanced in the 900 years since they landed on Harakuu. 

Harakuu was once just a normal forest island. But, in a very ancient time, a wizard experimented on it, causing it to be unrealistically split into biomes: Forest, savannah, plains, mountains, tundra, and some other wasteland biomes, positioned in a way they shouldn't with geography.

• Like 1

Element: Air-Ice

Name: Snowtalon

Stuff about him: He was exiled from the ice biome where he was born for being a hybrid (he has blue feathery wings instead of icy ones, and has a purple snowflake club.) and traveled to the air biome where he lives alone as an Omega. Also he's gay bc yes.

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

1 minute ago, Bl_ said:

Stuff about him: He was exiled from the ice biome where he was born for being a hybrid (he has blue feathery wings instead of icy ones, and has a purple snowflake club.) and traveled to the air biome where he lives alone as an Omega. Also he's gay bc yes.

nice

6 minutes ago, Bl_ said:

Also the biome where air dragon people have their camp is the mountains, right next to the tundra. And it's not exactly terriorotory, they have camps but it's fine to cross into a different biome because sizes, and food amounts. For example the forest is more plentiful in food, and just because plant dragon people live there, doesn't mean they own it.

• Like 1

Omg non binary Earthboi oc 

596B12F6-7281-4A21-B1F2-F092C49963A1.thumb.jpeg.871ce54360c1f4814e7e9b89fa747735.jpeg

Name: Stonetail

Element: Earth

Rank: Beta ig (however xey don’t have all the beta privileges yet, since xey recently got the rank by being ranked up with no battle)

Other: Xey like spending time with xeir friends, Sandclaw and Avalanchestrike, xey’re an extrovert. Stonetail also doesn’t like fighting much. 

Sexuality: panronantic asexual 

• Like 1

On 2/27/2022 at 1:03 PM, BirbMaster said:

A species I made a while ago. I've been constantly updating their lore and culture for like 2 years now, and it literally started with a daydream about having cool wings.

Anyways, here are all the basics about Dragon People. (the name is unoriginal sorry) you can make an oc if you like, but credit me.

They're kinda a dragon-human mix. A human, with the wings, tail, powers, ect of a dragon.

Elements

There are 10 dfferent elemental dragon people- Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Dark, Light, Electric, Poison, Plant, and Ice (hybrids exist).

They each have a unique type of wings and tail. (more refs coming soon, they will have placeholder descriptions)

Fireref.thumb.png.6d537d43acf905aba8803791e5cac10c.png

Waterref.thumb.png.6f8127ba8a28cb14cfc8d2df103a8103.png

Air

Airref.thumb.png.11a4858fe83137b009d1faafdfe9d952.png

Earth

Earthref.thumb.png.745241db5c4769f94cc93f6c32d8ec0b.png

Dark placeholder- (Like fire dragon person wings, but more spiky, tattered, sharp edges, ect. Tail looks like it's covered in thorns. Colours are all black, but can be shades of really dark grey or have a tint of blue or red)

Light placeholder- (More 'angelic' dragon wings, with a soft shape and slight feathering. Tailtip is kind of sun-shaped. Colours are white with yellow and pink hues)

Electric placeholder- (four lightning-blot shaped wings. Extremley vibrant yellow shades, can be (rareley) an equally vibrant blue. Simmiliarly the tail has a lightning bolt tip)

Poison placeholder- (Insect wings and a scorpion-like tail that contains venom. Various shades of purple)

Plant placeholder- (Wings look like branches with large leaves across them like the wing membrane, almost looking man-made. Their tails look like vines. Rather obviously, brown and green)

Ice placeholder- (hard to describe.... main wing structure looks like it's made of solid ice. Membranes are transparent, but always covered in frost making them more visible. Wing has a snowflake-shaped structure in the central point. Tail is normal but with a snowflake-shaped club. Colours are obvious: light blues and whites, can still have purple hues as long as the purple is really pale)

Like I said, refs like the ice and water ones will come for the other elements.

Social structure

All dragon people live on an island called Harakuu, each one in it's own biome- volcano for fire, lake for water, forest for plant, ect. There are about 200 living individuals of each species. They have 3 ranks- Omegas, Betas, and Alphas. Omegas are normal members. Betas are like a higher class- more respected, with more privalages. Alphas are leaders. Usually, the Alpha's child claims the throne after the alpha dies, but if a member of the same element beats the alpha in combat (NOT to the death) their family becomes the royal family. Omegas can challenge betas for the Beta role, or can be advanced to the role by an alpha if they seem skilled enough.

Usually, there are conflicts over resources between groups, but in each year there are 2 religious events where there is only peace (more on that later!)

Names

Names are 2-part with no changes during life. The first part of the name is something to do with the element, like 'Rain' for water dragon people, 'Shadow' for dark dragon people, 'Sting' for Poison dragon people, ect. The second half is stuff like 'wing', 'claw', 'step', ect.

Thats actually it for now. More in the replies, since I don't exactly have time rn :)

On 2/28/2022 at 10:10 AM, BirbMaster said:

Time to show ya'll the first dragon person oc I ever made, when this whole thing first started (edgy because when I made her I thought it was all super cool. However I did change things up a little)

Element: Dark

Name: Shadowfang

Appearence: Slim and tall, sleek hair, red eyes. She wears a wolfskin cloak and a golden snake bracelet.

Stuff about her: She's very harsh and strict, and was 16 when she had to be made alpha. She had to be 18 to fully take on the role, but the most respected betas helped her for 2 years. 

She also has VERY distant poison dragon person roots... but because of how distant they are, she only has slightly longer fangs and an extra tail barb, but no venom/poison elemental powers at all.

4 hours ago, BirbMaster said:

Island

Dragon people live on an undiscovered island called Harakuu. Well, it's sort of discovered. There's still a small population of humans whose technology has hardly advanced in the 900 years since they landed on Harakuu. 

Harakuu was once just a normal forest island. But, in a very ancient time, a wizard experimented on it, causing it to be unrealistically split into biomes: Forest, savannah, plains, mountains, tundra, and some other wasteland biomes, positioned in a way they shouldn't with geography.

1 hour ago, BirbMaster said:

Also the biome where air dragon people have their camp is the mountains, right next to the tundra. And it's not exactly terriorotory, they have camps but it's fine to cross into a different biome because sizes, and food amounts. For example the forest is more plentiful in food, and just because plant dragon people live there, doesn't mean they own it.

15 minutes ago, BirbAlt said:

Omg non binary Earthboi oc 

596B12F6-7281-4A21-B1F2-F092C49963A1.thumb.jpeg.871ce54360c1f4814e7e9b89fa747735.jpeg

Name: Stonetail

Element: Earth

Rank: Beta ig (however xey don’t have all the beta privileges yet, since xey recently got the rank by being ranked up with no battle)

Other: Xey like spending time with xeir friends, Sandclaw and Avalanchestrike, xey’re an extrovert. Stonetail also doesn’t like fighting much. 

Sexuality: panronantic asexual 

hghsfsfhshgghhgsg why is this amazing. Now I need all my friends to make OCs and also make a rp like n o w.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lizaca said:

i know mostly basic things so uh

Me too. I want to know how you make something that only generates when a different thing generates. Like, you generate fire dragon person, it'll generate fire dragon person names and colours.

10 minutes ago, BirbMaster said:

Me too. I want to know how you make something that only generates when a different thing generates. Like, you generate fire dragon person, it'll generate fire dragon person names and colours.

i would just do a separate output for each type lol

there's def a better way to do this but i'm stupid

Herbalists

Each element has several herbalists in the group. They use medicines made of various plants to cure and heal the sick and injured. Anyone can choose to be a herbalist, but they’ll need years of training before being trusted alone to heal someone, before that, they need help, and start by simply helping and doing minor tasks, like foraging for the right plants.

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

19 minutes ago, BirbAlt said:

Herbalists

Each element has several herbalists in the group. They use medicines made of various plants to cure and heal the sick and injured. Anyone can choose to be a herbalist, but they’ll need years of training before being trusted alone to heal someone, before that, they need help, and start by simply helping and doing minor tasks, like foraging for the right plants.

Did you finish the generator?

also please dont abandon the rp. *sobs*

1 hour ago, B E A N S said:

Did you finish the generator?

also please dont abandon the rp. *sobs*

I didn’t and probably won’t for a while. Perchance is a hard website to use and I’m still learning it. As for the rp I’m trying to think of what to reply with.

31 minutes ago, BirbAlt said:

I didn’t and probably won’t for a while. Perchance is a hard website to use and I’m still learning it. As for the rp I’m trying to think of what to reply with.

omg ive experienced perchance and its r l l y confusing. but I'm sure you'll figure it out! ^^