Stray Fawn Community

piston

kev123thegamer12

is simple as that 

piston !!!
having such a thing could be a hole world of new concept build like a new walker desing or just a simple reacher
my idea is that piston will extract the range of the build limit aka the yello circle and have a force to it
the force is the speed of the action and have a limit gauge too

this is my suggetion for a new mechanic part

• Like 4

12 replies to this post

The behavior of springs; two paired blocks maintaining a certain distance with a stiffness to the connection that can be configured - is a good starting point to this.  Make the distance between the two blocks a variable controlled by inputs.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, ManTheMister said:

I was going to suggest this, but I decided to look through existing suggestions instead and post a comment to bring it to the top of the list.

Thank you for your effort to keep the topic-counter low 😄

I've used them before.  I made a jumper that flipped over every jump, and I once made a roller that always had one flat, (Well, flat-ish) stable surface; it didn't improve how it dealt with jagged terrain as well as I hoped, though, and if the 'wheel' tangled with surface features, it was likely to destroy itself.

I tried to make a 'puncher' with a little extra joint creativity, (mutiple joints on each section moving CW to increase speed,) and even killed a critter or two, but it was also self-destructive.

I like building more mechanical drones, and the one main piece that is lacking and stopping many of my builds from working are pistons. Springs work most of the time, but sometimes I need something that can start small and extend.

1 minute ago, pieguy56 said:

I like building more mechanical drones, and the one main piece that is lacking and stopping many of my builds from working are pistons. Springs work most of the time, but sometimes I need something that can start small and extend.

I folded you into this topic over here.

I, too, created a puncher and actually managed to make it pretty reliable with the help of magnets. It wasn't terrible at killing bugs, but collision damage, even with spikes and at high speeds, isn't comparable with weapon damage. Nests, being treated as terrain with a mass of ∞ tend to break your drone before you broke them.