Stray Fawn Community

Planets with no active control as a criteria.

Lurkily

Relatively few of them, mind; not everybody will like this.  But autonomous challenges would be nice.

Perhaps a specific arena that randomly generates missions of a particular type for autonomous runs, with hunt/kill, collection, mining, etc challenges available.

• Like 3

5 replies to this post

One way to implement this could be space stations or large wrecked spaceships that cut the connection between your mothership and your drone as soon as you enter them.

So you'll have to drop small autonomous scout drones to explore the place and find nice loot. Maybe even some traps or lasers that have to be deactivated by letting a drone press a button, or other situations where you need clever programming to succeed.

I very much like your plans, sir; requiring small ships is going to make things interesting.  Putting it in a metal ship that you can't just torch clear will also be interesting.  I've made a number of autonomous drones that can navigate planet cores and upside-down, and the challenge of this interests me.  A few challenges:

• Tunnel cruisers - navigate a windy tunnel at the highest speed possible - the more you come in under par, the bigger your bonus.  Very windy tunnels with a short-distance run, or gentle curves for a long, high-speed run.
  • Treasure hunt - a small maze, complete with locked doors, keys, switches, and etc.  This will require more logical detection, such as wide-angle detectors and directional sensors capable of locating keys or switches.   No enemies and wider corridors, since tight navigation and combat aren't the point.
  • Mining challenge.  Small planet, weak enemies dropping in from orbit.  Strip-mine every ounce of ore, and if you destroy any, you lose.
  • Boss fight - Present a boss with a unique challenge (slow turning but with an armored front, or can only be killed by pushing it into a hazard, etc.) that you have to custom-build for.

I'm sure I'll have more later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STM said:

PvE-Sumo sounds interesting!

I think we need more modules / options with logic to automate for this kind of challenge without getting a screen full of logic...

Once again, I'm reminded of the 'truth table' input/output module.