Stray Fawn Community

The Tale of Adam

Cloude

2022-03-28.thumb.png.3a8270750fd21330342ced91c320efa5.png

Fearful..

Alone.

Nobody around,

He let out shaky breaths, slowly moving his gaze to look around the area.

Still nobody around.

He slowly curled up, taking shelter under the nearby bush.

• Like 2

989350680_2022-03-28(1).thumb.png.d09c7f1db45b4f3d5dae335cc6d068d0.png

Adam, that’s what he called himself.

Adam the great. Adam the powerful! Adam the..

Alone..

He thought, shrinking back into himself, catching glimpse of the bush beside him.

He stared at it for a few moments, before clawing at it. He needed food, and he needed frustrations out, so what better thing to do?

• Like 2

1117119597_2022-04-02(14).png.a8c569b9dc9cf87a826efea16307c8fc.png

As soon as he felt strength, he rushed into the grasses, stumbling upon some ports, with a large, pointy rock at the end, of which he contributed his claw mark to before beginning to hop the stones.

Home, he reminded himself, that’s where he needed to go.

• Like 2

1740746771_2022-04-02(15).thumb.png.fe7318661586a73e99b9dd3548123ffa.png

He had arrived late at night, and slept. By dawn’s creeping, he had awoken to the sound of rustling, followed by the sight of light blue fur running at him.

He had startled, quickly rising to his paws and letting out a low hiss, though the female quickly halted and backed down.

“Apologies!” She pleaded, “I can just hardly keep my excitement bound by me! Oh a sight, a sight you are! Another nicheling to come by, and male, at that!”

Adam looked shocked, before clearing his throat and giving a smile. “Well, who do we have here? A mistress so alone, as to come immediately worship my step?”

She cracked a wide smile at that, beginning to laugh. “Oh my, speaking weirdly DOES wear off! Wow, you’re so strange already!”

“I like that.”

• Like 3

597071440_2022-04-02(16).thumb.png.aec8915fd12b5cde4da06e1de1145950.png

The next morning, the two welcomed a large young cub. Adam just stared at the cub while Eve was busy cleaning them.

“Elm.”

“Hm?” Eve lifted her soft gaze up to Adam, joy obvious on her face as she gave a big smile.

He was a little caught off guard by how happy she was- It was just a female cub.

Nevertheless, he put his mind back on it’s tracks. “Elm tree. That’s who she’ll be.”

“But, what about what I wanted to name her?” Eve’s expression grew a tinge of sadness, spoiling her gleeful smile and twinkle-filled eyes.

“That matters little. Her name is Elm.”

Why is she so sad now?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

138716721_2022-04-02(17).thumb.png.efeda407b57d8f29826deb77e3567998.png

Eve looked away this time, as Elm peered over her at the new cub. Elm looked up to Adam as he grew to speak.

“Acacia. Acacia tree.” He said, before tossing a berry for the cub to eat. Acacia ate it right up before yawning and retreating her face into her mother’s fur.

Elm was confused. Why did this new baby not look at her? “Hey! Acacia, look! I’m a bird!”

Elm let out a loud caw, which snagged the attention of her father, who scowled.

“Quiet, as the birds might mistake you for their young.”

• Like 2

2073617501_2022-04-02(18).thumb.png.ce8253e9b316435daa830771cd2dba14.png

Cherry, as the last child on this island, would of course bring with bright fur, likely carried from her mother.

Elm had been picking on her younger sister, Acacia, as Acacia tried to get as close to Eve as she could.

“Elm, stop! I don’t want to play!” She barked, which only made Elm more aggressive.

Elm pushed her sister’s head down as she tried to rush by, stopping her from getting close. “You stop! Mom’s watchin’ the baby, leave her alone!” 

Though, their father quickly stepped in to scold them. “Hey, no fights! You’ll bring us strife if pain greets you.” His words only seemed to confuse the two, but it was enough to get them to stop.

• Like 2