Stray Fawn Community

Wings of Fire- Fanart and other artsy stuff

Modiano Urania

Read the forum rules before posting here (remember to follow them too!)

Thread rules:

1. No swearing
  2. Read the forum rules before posting
  3. No NSFW (Not Safe For Work)
  4. No IRL stuff, this is not the right topic for it
  5. Fan Tribes are allowed
  6. If you post something you didn't make, credit the author. Same goes for bases
  7. If you want to share WoF bases, go to the Bases Thread (will add link later)

Let's hope this doesn't crash and burn

• Paw up 1

A Work-in-Progress: Escape: Execution's Story

Cover:2022_04_07_0po_Kleki.png.59558c38ae5b5921a683c64903fc80de.png

https://www.goodreads.com/story/show/2206704?chapter=1 

Chapter One:

Execution was in the middle of a training session when she was interrupted by her aunt, who was standing in the mouth of the limestone cave with a calculating expression.

"Hello." Corruption said to Execution’s trainer. "Just coming to check on how my niece's training is coming along." She narrowed her eyes at her niece. 

Her trainer frowned. He cleared his throat. "Alright Execution, from the top."

Execution nodded, then prepared to counter an attack.

“Really?" Corruption said in a skeptical, narrowing her eyes at Execution’s trainer. "Five years and that's all you've taught her?" She shuffled her talons, kicking up dust, causing Execution to sneeze.  

"I'm getting there." Her trainer grumbled. He flapped his wings, propelling the dust away. 

"Enough." Corruption snapped. "I'm taking over this pathetic excuse for a training session. Execution, kill him.“ She flicked her spear-tipped tail at the trainer, turning to glare at him. 

"That wasn't part of our deal." Her trainer hissed. This time he was the one kicking up dust. 

"Get over it." Corruption growled. She narrowed her eyes to keep the dust out. 

Execution's eyes widened. She wasn't going to do that. She stepped back, planting her talons firmly in the dirt and stayed there, wings folded neatly along her sides. "N-no." She stammered, looking slightly panicked.

"What was that?" Corruption snapped, tail lashing dangerously.

"No!" She cried, tensing. "I won't kill him." She flinched, hoping she wasn’t going to be punished. 

"Alright then, no meals for the rest of the week." Corruption hissed.

"What?" Execution cried. "That's not fair!"

But Corruption was already gone. Vanished before Execution could protest or do anything. 

Execution looked at her trainer - Was that sympathy in his eyes? - She didn't stop to decipher it. She bolted out of the door, running over to the seal. The seal was tan, with a pale green outline. It was covered in intricate patterns, and was the only beauty in this dark underground kingdom. The only not-beautiful thing about it was its purpose, trapping the changelings down here for thousands of years. 

I have to get out of this kingdom. She thought, tears glistening in her eyes. She punched the seal, as if that would do anything.

The ground began to shake, and cracks formed in the seal, right along the spiral, flowery patterns. It caved in, collapsing with a loud crash, hopefully not loud enough for anyone else to hear. 

"What..?" Execution whispered. She stepped out of the kingdom and into the bright yellow sunlight for the first time in her life, into a world—or rather a rainforest, it seemed—full of life and color.

Chapter Two: 

Execution took a breath of fresh air, feeling the warmth of the sunlight on her scales as it shone through the dew-covered treetops. 

The sky was a bright shade of blue that Execution had never seen in the darkness of her underground home. It was astonishing. Really the whole rainforest was bursting with colors she hadn’t seen. 

Suddenly Execution heard a twig snap and dove into a nearby bush to hide. 

From the bushes, she could see two dragons-RainWings. she remembered-walking through the forest. It looked like an older sister and her younger sibling. 

“I don’t understand why you wanted to come out here.” The older sister said. “There’s nothing here.”

“I heard something from over here, okay?” Said the younger one, who couldn’t be older than two years. They looked at a patch of purple flowers that Execution must’ve stepped on by accident, curious. 

The older one frowned. “Don’t eat the Nightshade flowers. I’m pretty sure they’re poisonous.” 

“I wasn’t going to.” The younger one said. They pointed to the flower patch. “See? I was right. Something was here!” They exclaimed. 

The older one sighed. “Meadow, it was probably some kind of animal. There’s nothing here.”

“But-“ Meadow stammered. “Chrysanthemum, there was an earthquake right here.”

“Let’s just go home.” Chrysanthemum said. 

Meadow sighed. “Fine…” they said dejectedly. They walked right past the bush, not noticing it. 

Execution heard their talonsteps walking away and let out a sigh of relief. She looked at the flowers. Hmm. She thought, observing their wet, darkened purple color. She shifted into a rainwing form, one that was purple, blue, and green. Nightshade… She thought curiously. That gives me an idea.

• Love 1

This is a really old drawing that I did, I'm probs gonna re do it at some point, but the SandWing is Jumble and the SkyWing is Coot. They're both male, and it's not a ship. Coot is just comforting Jumble.... and that was more aimed for YOU, BLIZZ. I SEE YOU FURIOUSLY TYPING THAT IT SHOULD BE A SHIP 😒

New Drawing (11).png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ItzFadeDaNightWing said:

This is a really old drawing that I did, I'm probs gonna re do it at some point, but the SandWing is Jumble and the SkyWing is Coot. They're both male, and it's not a ship. Coot is just comforting Jumble.... and that was more aimed for YOU, BLIZZ. I SEE YOU FURIOUSLY TYPING THAT IT SHOULD BE A SHIP 😒

New Drawing (11).png

BE QUIET ITS A SHIP

20 hours ago, ItzFadeDaNightWing said:

BUT COOT AND JUMBLE ARE LITERALLY JUST BESTIES JUMBLE ISNT G A E  AND HE LITERALLY HAS A   G F

TOO BAD HES BI AND HIS GF SMELLS WEIRD

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...