Stray Fawn Community

ART DUMP/HOMETHREAD 4.0: potassium

lizardcake

worldbuilding because yes

the world doesn't even have a name yet

all names are some sort of gibberish but shh it has a meaning in an "ancient language" (help i don't know what i'm doing)

There are soul beings and mortals

All soul beings are immortal (unless exceptions.)

Soul beings:

-Ghosts (mortals that have died but not in the afterlife, they wander around the world, they can't be seen by every mortal. A spell or a special connection to ghosts/souls/etc is needed. They can become a soul anytime and vice versa)

-Souls (mortals that have died and in the afterlife. They are one of the god/demons' sources of power. They can become a ghost anytime and vice versa)

-Gods (self explanatory. They keep the land in balance)

-Demons (self explanatory. They also help to keep the land in balance, but like to mess with gods and mortals.)

-Demigod (self explanatory. Usually the child of a god and a mortal (which is forbidden, but not uncommon). Can die.)

-Demidemon (self explanatory. Usually the child of a demon and a mortal (which is forbidden, but not uncommon). Can die.)

-Degod (improvised name of the child of a demon and a god. Forbidden and also very rare.)

-Half-ghosts (Same as ghosts, but cannot go to the afterlife- pretty much a state that is neither alive nor dead.)

note: gods/demons/etc can be any species

Suggestions and things like that are appreciated

(hahshshshfghsahg that took long to write)

please don't ask questions what i'm doing i don't know either

gonna post some other things later i just wanted that done

• Love 1

11 hours ago, Lizardcake said:

worldbuilding because yes

the world doesn't even have a name yet

all names are some sort of gibberish but shh it has a meaning in an "ancient language" (help i don't know what i'm doing)

There are soul beings and mortals

All soul beings are immortal (unless exceptions.)

Soul beings:

-Ghosts (mortals that have died but not in the afterlife, they wander around the world, they can't be seen by every mortal. A spell or a special connection to ghosts/souls/etc is needed. They can become a soul anytime and vice versa)

-Souls (mortals that have died and in the afterlife. They are one of the god/demons' sources of power. They can become a ghost anytime and vice versa)

-Gods (self explanatory. They keep the land in balance)

-Demons (self explanatory. They also help to keep the land in balance, but like to mess with gods and mortals.)

-Demigod (self explanatory. Usually the child of a god and a mortal (which is forbidden, but not uncommon). Can die.)

-Demidemon (self explanatory. Usually the child of a demon and a mortal (which is forbidden, but not uncommon). Can die.)

-Degod (improvised name of the child of a demon and a god. Forbidden and also very rare.)

-Half-ghosts (Same as ghosts, but cannot go to the afterlife- pretty much a state that is neither alive nor dead.)

note: gods/demons/etc can be any species

Suggestions and things like that are appreciated

(hahshshshfghsahg that took long to write)

please don't ask questions what i'm doing i don't know either

gonna post some other things later i just wanted that done

also yes that is my excuse to make more ocs

• Haha 1

one of the sentient species: Aevians (Avians). They are mostly bird people, with usually two legs and two wings as both wings and hands, feathers, and beaks.

They are (stereotypically) very fast, weak, and their senses are very strong.

They are used to warmer climates, but can live in cold ones too.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Lizardcake said:

one of the sentient species: Aevians (Avians). They are mostly bird people, with usually two legs and two wings as both wings and hands, feathers, and beaks.

Base

aevian.thumb.png.a1288d4ae3631ba347ca6f73ac582945.png

• Love 1

There are 4 elements in the world. Most species have an element (or rarely, two) they're associated with. Magic is also associated with an element, creatures that have a strong bond with an element will more easily control that element magic. Aevians are associated with Air.

• Like 1

Dragons- no need to explain. They are not associated with any element, each one might be another element. Most common ones are Fire and Earth though.

Mothlings - Tiny dragons with moth wings and antennae. Associated with Air and sometimes other elements. Mothlings my beloveds

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lizardcake said:

Dragons- no need to explain. They are not associated with any element, each one might be another element. Most common ones are Fire and Earth though.

Mothlings - Tiny dragons with moth wings and antennae. Associated with Air and sometimes other elements. Mothlings my beloveds

How is a dragon's element chosen? Is it genetic or random?

5 hours ago, Lizardcake said:

Do the birbs have a naming system of their own? I want to make a few ocs

Just now, BorbMaster said:

Do the birbs have a naming system of their own? I want to make a few ocs

everything is mostly based around an ancient language, have some names along with meanings

The birbs usually go with short names (2-4 letters)

Abai (beak)

Fei (feather)

Huvi (wing)

Aki (wind)

Kiki (cloud)

Just now, Lizardcake said:

everything is mostly based around an ancient language, have some names along with meanings

Abai (beak)

Fei (feather)

Huvi (wing)

Aki (wind)

Kiki (cloud)

also they apparently like the letter i very much

10 minutes ago, Lizardcake said:

Abai (beak)

Fei (feather)

Huvi (wing)

Aki (wind)

Kiki (cloud)

What about the name Lavender? I know it's specific but what would it be in the languege?