Stray Fawn Community

The Hunted - A Nicheling Murder Mystery RP (CANCELED)

ChangingSparks

It was an ordinary day on your island. You were doing what you enjoyed most and were having a good time with your friends and family. Perhaps you were trying to survive for the sake of your tribe, perhaps you already had an established community and civilization. Whatever the case is, you suddenly find a strange letter. It may have been in a tree or in your nest, but it was there, and when you read it, you see it written in a strange script.

Congratulations, (your name).

You have been chosen to enter the Portal of Roots, the mystical entrance that leads from your island to the island of Greenline, a place full of not only all the food you can eat, but also fun activities such as a dance floor and a fishing spot. I chose you specifically because I felt that you hold great talent and A wonderful personality. I hope to see you at Greenline soon and to enjoy your company.

Signed, Feronia.

That was all that is written. A letter inviting you to a strange island known as Greenline. It was up to you if you wanted to go there, but you see the portal in front of you and start to think to yourself. What will you find here? Is it all that’s its cracked up to be, or some kind of lure by an unknown figure? It’s up to you to find out.

The Rules

1. This RP is only allowed to be entered by those who are thirteen years or older. It contains dark themes such as character death and body horror.

2. You can only have one character in The Hunted, and only ten nichelings have been invited. Choose your character wisely.

3. Your character must be at least two gems old. No children allowed.

4. You are not allowed to godmod or control other people’s characters. You can only control your character. Your character can also not have superpowers.

5. This is a serious RP. I expect you to create a serious, well-developed character with both strengths and flaws. You must enter three strengths and three flaws in your character profile.

6. Please treat each other with kindness and keep discussions civil. Your characters may get aggressive, argumentative, or even violent with each other, but I want the people playing them to have good spirits.

7. Do not flame or troll other players.

The Game

The Hunted is a murder mystery-based RP similar to Among Us or Gnosia. It consists of nine regular nichelings and one is infected by an entity only known as ‘Tulip’. Tulip is a strange entity that has been mysteriously implanted in your body. It compels you to not only murder, but to murder gruesomely. Because of this, every three days, you must kill one of your fellow nichelings. If you do not kill a nicheling in the three day timespan, Tulip will throw you into agonizing pain and make you even more compelled to kill. The nicheling that is infected by Tulip is known only by them (and me). It is randomly determined. You do not have to kill exactly the third day, but you have to kill every three days (I’ll remind you when you killed).

As for the day system. There will be multiple days within Greenline. Time will pass by as you roleplay and perform activities, and you will be notified when morning, day, and night comes. This time will be felt by your characters, as well. Sleeping and eating is recommended, especially since there’s free food and free nests (ten each). 

When a nicheling is killed, you must notify when you kill them (on a private Discord server) and what location you and the nicheling are at. It is recommended that you kill while you are alone, otherwise, somebody might catch you. I will also notify where each of you are at the moment in Greenline, so you don’t get lost. Your characters will not have a complete knowledge on the map, however. As for reporting a body, when your nicheling discovers a body. You can report the body by typing ‘report’ in brackets in the RP. When you do this, you will report to the rest of the nichelings that the body is dead. Be careful, however, for the killer can report their own body if they so choose. The only question is, are you willing to the take the risk of being suspected?

After the body is reported, you must have a discussion on who the killer is and who to execute. After all, it is too risky to have the possible killer around. There is a catch, however. Not only do you have a limited time, but once you execute who you think is the killer, there’s no going back. So choose your votes wisely and keep yourself on your toes. 

The Die

When a check is performed, roll a die (or random number generator) between 1 and 20. The higher the number, the more successful your action is. 1 is a fail, 2-5 is poorly performed, 6-13 is averagely performed, 14-18 is well-performed, and 20 is a critical success.

• Strength - Use your strength to kill a nicheling or defend yourself. The median strength is 2, with nichelings with 0-1 strength having a debuff. Nichelings with ten strength or higher gain the Super Strength Booster.

• 0 - You lose out a chance for a critical success. Your strength dice is 1-2 for a fail, 3-7 for a poor performance, 8-13 for a average performance, and 14-18 for a well-performance.

• 1 - You lose out on a chance for a critical success. Your strength dice is 1-19.

• 2 - No changes.

• 3 - +1 to strength. Your well-performance is now 14-19.

• 4 - +2 to strength. Your well-performance is now 14-20 and a critical success of 21. Your die is now 1-21.

• 5 - +3 to strength. Your well-performance is now 14-21 and a critical success of 22. Your die is now 1-22.

• Agility - How fast you can run towards or away from your opposition. The median agility is 2, with 1 agility nichelings unable to critical succeed.

• 1 - You lose out on a chance for a critical success. Your strength dice is 1-19.

• 2 - No changes.

• 3 - +1 to agility. Your well-performance is now 14-19.

• 4 - +2 to agility. Your well-performance is now 14-20 and you have a critical success of 21. Your die is now 1-21.

• 5 - +3 to agility. Your well-performance is now 14-21 and you have a critical success of 22. Your die is now 1-22.

• 6 - +4 to agility. Your well-performance is now 14-22 and you have a critical success of 23. Your dice is now 1-23.

• Swimming - How fast your nicheling can swim. The median swimming is 2, with 1 swimming nichelings being unable to critical succeed.

• 2 - No changes.

Boosters

• Killer Instinct - You have a mysterious, murderous entity inside of you. Boosts your strength by +1. Your well-performance is now 14-19.

The Map

Your character does not know this at first

Greenline is a small, forestal island that is surrounded by a large mansion. It consists of not only grassy terrain, but also a variety of activities for the nichelings to do. It can roughly be divided into six rooms. Each of which have their own unique layout and activities.

The Entrance - The Entrance is the area where you start at. It is a lovely-looking clearing consisting of beautiful flowers and grass. It is decorated with watercolor paintings and  it has two doors on either side. These doors lead to The Game Room and The Meadow.

The Game Room - The Game Room is a place where nichelings of all kinds can have. It is a large room that has a colorful purple-and-pink wallpaper. It has a small wooden table to the left of it with a light blue radio on it, and a rounded purple table to the right that has four lavender oval-shaped beanbag-like chairs. South of these tables and chairs is the dance floor, which is padded with brightly-colored squares that have flowers of all kinds. The dance floor is 6x6 with a pattern of orange, green, purple, and red squares. The rest of the flooring is made of soft reddish-pink padding. Next to the dance floor is a plush rabbil. There is a door on the northern side that leads to The Bedroom.

Here is the floor’s dance pattern.

Orange -> Green -> Purple -> Red

Green -> Purple -> Red -> Orange

Purple -> Red -> Orange -> Green

Red -> Orange -> Green -> Purple

Orange -> Green -> Purple -> Red

Green -> Purple -> Red -> Orange

The Meadow - The Meadow is a green landscape that consists of two sets of rounded tables. Both tables are light blue in coloration and have baby blue chairs that are similar to the ones in the game room. The tables and the chairs are located on the southern side of the room. The northern part of the room consists of mostly grassy landscape, with a small collection of watercolor paintings on the walls. The eastern side of The Meadow has two black windows that show the ocean of the island outside. There is also a small opening in The Meadow that leads to the bathroom, the left side being for males, and the right side being for females. There is a door on the northern side that leads to The Kitchen.

The Bedroom - The Bedroom is unusual amongst the rooms in Greenline. Not only does it not have foliage of any kind, but it is also covered in a soft green-and-purple carpet floor. This carpet floor leads directly into the bedrooms, which there are ten of. All ten bedrooms are identical in shape and size, being arranged into a hall that is vertical in direction. These bedrooms each consist of a single bed with white-and-green covers and pillows, a small wooden table on the left side of the room, and a collection of watercolor paintings. The floor in these bedrooms is the same kind of carpet as on the outside, except white-and-green in coloration. Finally, there are bathrooms at the end of the Bedroom Hall, which are the same as the ones in The Meadows. The eastern side leads to the The Wellspring.

The Kitchen - The Kitchen is a beautiful room that has a wooden light brown floor. It consists of a marble countertop to the right, a collection of dark brown wooden tables to the left, and a metallic sink in the center. There are two large wooden tables in the room, each of which have five chairs the same colors as the table. There is also a vase of flowers in the middle of each table. Finally, there is a large tree that grows south of the marble countertop. It holds a variety of berry species in it and grows fruit every four days. The fruit that is grown is enough to supply ten nichelings for four days, each for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The western side leads to The Wellspring.

The Wellspring - The Wellspring is the most naturalistic area in all of Greenline. It consists of a grassy floor with a variety of flower species growing in it. Around the room, there is wallpaper that resembles the sky. There is also a small collection of trees to the northern side of the room and a large clear pool in the center. This pool contains multiple fish species that the nichelings can hunt for. There are five fishing poles for the nichelings that are unable to swim or otherwise catch fish. These poles are dark brown in coloration with blue flowers on them. Next to the large pool is a smaller pool. This pool has a metallic shower above it and a collection of soaps. This serves as the bathtub for the nicheling and it drains every four hours. The water is then replenished with clean water for the next nicheling to bathe in. The western side leads to The Bedrooms and the eastern side leads to The Kitchen.

The Discord Server

There will be a Discord server for The Hunted. This will serve as not only the place where the killer will make their moves, but also the area where you will be roleplaying. I will be making two different servers where you will be able to post. 

Hunted-Greenline - The main server of the RP, where you will be roleplaying. This will have each of the locations as well as the main bulk of The Hunted. This (and the Niche Forums) will also be where the announcements are.

Hunted-Private - The secondary server of the RP and a private server. This will be reserved for the killer chat and the last words of their victims. It will also mark the progress of the killer and will be where you are notified of your infection. If you are not privately notified, then you are an ordinary nicheling.

The Sign-Up

If you are willing to join, this is what you have to sign in.

Name: What is your nicheling’s name? Do they use their real name, or do they have a nickname. If they have a nickname, place the nickname in “brackets”.

Gender: What pronouns does your nicheling use? Pronouns do not necessarily have to match birth sex, and you can list whether your character is transgender or not.

Appearance: What does your nicheling look like? You can type in their description, add a screenshot, or draw a picture of them.

Personality: How does your nicheling act? You can either put down a complex list of their personality or simply do three strengths and three flaws. Strengths are the strong and good points of the character, while flaws are their issues and problems.

History: What was your nicheling like before Greenline? This is optional, but highly recommended in order for me to get a better look at your nicheling character.

Other: Anything you forgot to mention?

Discord Username: What is your Discord username? I need to know, so I can let you enter the RP. Mine is the same as my Niche forum name.

With that out of the way, create your characters and get ready to roleplay them. I will not be starting the roleplay until there are ten characters, and will not be assigning roles until those ten characters are selected. Once the ten characters are chosen to enter Greenline, then nobody else can join the RP. This is an exclusive club!

Edit: I'm afraid this is canceled. I have to go to college very soon and I can't run an RP group at the same time.

• ChangingSparks changed the title to The Hunted - A Nicheling Murder Mystery RP (OPEN for sign-ups, 0/10)

Name: Dukrota

Appearance: this is in-game, but i interpret him as having a more lion-like build

image.jpeg.445488a815a514b2f02ada880a48de25.jpeg

Personality: Dukrota is incredibly aloof and quiet. He avoids large crowds and nichelings in general. His hobbies include harvesting food and staring at water. His preference for inaction combined with everything else about him has gained him a reputation of being incredibly boring in his old tribe, and that reputation may very well extend to Greenline. However, there is something about him that many would consider unusual.

Dukrota has very strong opinions on balance and the natural order and believes that everything happens for a reason, to the point where he is indifferent to dying and will only fight for his life if a greedy nicheling is attempting to kill him rather than a hungry predator. His thoughts on balance extend to other nichelings, which may lead to him interfering in their lives if he believes it is not for a greater cause.

History: Dukrota was born into a fairly standard tribe. He worked as a gatherer and because of the negative stigma in his tribe against his role, he was usually ignored when he tried to voice his own opinions. His older brother, his role-model, left when Dukrota was a teen (two gems) to try and cull the entire bearyena population (it's a whole thing in my lore lol). After that, there were many power struggles, assassinations and other messy events in his tribe.

One of those 'messy events' was when an exiled ex-leader went on a killing spree because the tribe's current leader refused to let him enter the 'nesting space', resulting in the death of what little remained of his friends and family. After that, the messy events continued until the current leader's longest reign. This was when the portal and invite appeared.

Dukrota had two primary motivations for entering the portal: a) From what he managed to read, Greenline seemed like the perfect, peaceful place where he could live out his remaining years without the constant fear that there was going to be another assassination or whatever and b) The current leader's reign was the longest and most uneventful yet and his tribemates were constantly wondering if that peace would last. As one of the oldest living nichelings in his tribe, many asked for his guidance to assist them. To avoid this responsibility and avoid the difficult task of voicing his own thoughts, Dukrota entered the portal.

Other: When he meets someone new, Dukrota will look for any apparent weaknesses they may have. He will passively continue searching for flaws in any future interactions.

Discord Username: MEATYPOLTERGEIST69#7412

• Like 1

• ChangingSparks changed the title to The Hunted - A Nicheling Murder Mystery RP (OPEN for sign-ups, 1/10)
On 4/20/2022 at 9:08 PM, Sparklepop said:

Name: REAL NAME UNKNOWN {Memory}

Appearance: Mostly black with white ears and white and black spotted paws.

Personality: Brave, kind and smart. Forgetful, doesnt think before he acts, sometimes says stupid things.

History: N/A

Other: haha hes gay

Discord Username: Blizzard!#3331 (i think. let me know if it doesnt work <3)

• Like 1

• ChangingSparks changed the title to The Hunted - A Nicheling Murder Mystery RP (OPEN for sign-ups, 2/10)

Name: Quaillin

Appearance:  A, big, niche ling, with black on his arms, and brown for his base coat. fluffy tail.

Personality: Despite, being shy, and cowardly, they have self-love and confidence for themselves. distancing from others, and being lonely is their daily hobbies. they don't feel left out or hurt when being lonely. they feel perfectly fine and mostly hangs around niche lings, that are close to him.   their quote: "I, never saw, what my future looked like.. until now. its been hard.. y'know? "

History: // Learn in rp!//

Other: He has horns

Discord Username: i forgot, imma go see rq

• Like 2

• ChangingSparks changed the title to The Hunted - A Nicheling Murder Mystery RP (OPEN for sign-ups, 3/10)

Name: Elke "Fawn"

Appearance: Screenshot

Personality: Elke is a modest, articulated young soul. She has a love of nature, and she can stay calm through most scenarios. Though, she can be seen as rude or cold, blunt, and over-bearing. She can also be very judgemental, shunning anything she doesn't see as 'normal'.

History: Can reveal in DMs, if you'd like.

Other: In my little niche worlds, she's considered a demi-goddess, though, in others I tend to make that VERY optional. Like in this one! She probably wouldn't be because that's probably OP. (She was the demi-goddess of Nature, taking after Forest's skills. (Helping to grow plants, and speaking to animals.)

Discord Username: PA_Cloudscape#0520

1530258497_2022-04-05(3).thumb.png.3b268dccb2eb7d502820c3fb9c134652.png

• Like 1

• ChangingSparks changed the title to The Hunted - A Nicheling Murder Mystery RP (OPEN for sign-ups, 4/10)

Name: Dimitrios (Demi for short)

Appearance: A small, nimble, cat-like Nicheling. Has large ears and is covered in spots. Has strong back legs that make her an excellent runner and jumper, and sharp claws. Has black fur and white spots. Also has horns and a large bushy tail.

Personality: A small, nimble creature, Demi is not quick to judge. This can make her ignorant in some cases, but her love of nature and her underlying intense knowledge of the world around her is quick to back her up if someone does anything questionable. Not usually a fighter, Demi would prefer to work her problems out by communication, not fighting. However, if someone did itch for a fight, the most likely would not leave alive.

History: Revealing in RP, can be DMed to you if needed.

Other: Like I said before, Dimitrios is not quick to judge and believes in second chances most of the time. However, she also forms deep emotional bonds with the Nichelings she trust, meaning that if someone betrays her friend(s), she will be quick to turn on the Nichelings that betray her friends.

Discord Username: Will pm you because I don't want random people having my discord. No offense to anyone.

**Please note that I do not play Niche, I just have an interest in the series. In advance, sorry if some things don't match up**

• Like 1

• ChangingSparks changed the title to The Hunted - A Nicheling Murder Mystery RP (OPEN for sign-ups, 5/10)
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’m gonna do something different from my usual characters.

Name: Nonerovan (called “despicable nicheling” by his tribe)

Appearance: Yellow fur, 2 runner legs, normal body, long nose, normal hind legs, fluffy tail, normal ears.

Strengths:

- He’s very cautious with everything so he can notice sus stuff. 

-He’s good at building and crafting stuff which can be useful.

-Is pretty loyal to friends

Weaknesses:

-He’s very kind, which I guess can be bad in a survival game.

-Kinda weak and shy

-He falls in love easily and makes him behave stupidly.

History: Will be revealed over time, can be sent in DM.

Other: Gay boi

Discord Username: mt26#6377

• Like 1

• ChangingSparks changed the title to The Hunted - A Nicheling Murder Mystery RP (OPEN for sign-ups, 6/10)
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Iono said:

This looks. Interesting. I’ll join tomorrow when I’ve took my meds. 

Name: Gooseberry 

Appearance: image.jpeg.a4fe66058d1b86521b6656c0c2a11abc.jpeg

History: Abandoned/kicked out(a curse, some prophecies, it’s a long story) as a sickly newborn in the burning savanna alongside a sickly young teen named Flicker. From that point on, Flicker, despite being a kid herself, pretty much raised Gooseberry. Even if her childhood was snatched away by basically becoming a parent at age fourteen she still tried to give Gooseberry a good childhood. If she could raise Gooseberry well, then all her sacrifice was worth something. That all her pain would have meaning.

So she hid how awful things were, how awful her mental health was. But Flicker’s resentment of the life she had been given, even if she bottled it up, still effected things in other ways. She lashed out for perceived slights, so tense that the smallest things would lead to screaming matches. Or she would spiral. So exhausted and depressed she would sleep for days. 

And Gooseberry, who had no idea how much she was struggling to keep them alive, would think that Flicker was doing it on purpose and be an ungrateful rebellious brat. They harbored a lot of unspoken resentment towards each other. Fights were common. 

As Gooseberry grew older Flicker’s anger settled into bitter depression. The anger was still there, but not as hot. Gooseberry began to realize how lucky he was, how hard Flicker had been trying. So his behavior drastically changed. He became overly optimistic and cheerful, afraid to share any negative opinions. It didn’t really work and just gave Gooseberry a crippling fear of being a burden. Also WOW this boy’s story is so angsty he won’t be angsty in the rp.

Personality: Overly cheerful/hopeful, which can come off as fake. Especially if he opens up after befriending someone and they then they are pissed that they only befriended the idea of him. Really worried abt being a burden. Not very good social skills for obvious reasons, either awkwardly quiet or overshares. Just physically weak, being sickly and all. Naive, dense. Gentle and good with kids. Resourceful/adaptable, can make the best of bad situations. Forgiving and tries to see both sides of the argument. Good listener, though he’s not super at giving advice. Knows a good bit of first aid, but squeamish around large amounts blood/gore. He’ll still try to help even if he’s freaking the hell out. Good with change. Really afraid of being alone. Follower rather than leader, very indecisive. Stubborn, but not an insane amount. Will (verbally) fight for what he believes in but it takes a bit for him to snap. Pacifist at heart but will fight back… which considering his one point of strength probably won’t work.

Other: Weaves lavender into his mane/tail. Has a couple of slightly darker pink speckles but they’re not large enough or dense enough to be considered spots.

Username: ion#3946

3 minutes ago, Iono said:

Name: Gooseberry 

Appearance: image.jpeg.a4fe66058d1b86521b6656c0c2a11abc.jpeg

History: Abandoned/kicked out(a curse, some prophecies, it’s a long story) as a sickly newborn in the burning savanna alongside a sickly young teen named Flicker. From that point on, Flicker, despite being a kid herself, pretty much raised Gooseberry. Even if her childhood was snatched away by basically becoming a parent at age fourteen she still tried to give Gooseberry a good childhood. If she could raise Gooseberry well, then all her sacrifice was worth something. That all her pain would have meaning.

So she hid how awful things were, how awful her mental health was. But Flicker’s resentment of the life she had been given, even if she bottled it up, still effected things in other ways. She lashed out for perceived slights, so tense that the smallest things would lead to screaming matches. Or she would spiral. So exhausted and depressed she would sleep for days. 

And Gooseberry, who had no idea how much she was struggling to keep them alive, would think that Flicker was doing it on purpose and be an ungrateful rebellious brat. They harbored a lot of unspoken resentment towards each other. Fights were common. 

As Gooseberry grew older Flicker’s anger settled into bitter depression. The anger was still there, but not as hot. Gooseberry began to realize how lucky he was, how hard Flicker had been trying. So his behavior drastically changed. He became overly optimistic and cheerful, afraid to share any negative opinions. It didn’t really work and just gave Gooseberry a crippling fear of being a burden. Also WOW this boy’s story is so angsty he won’t be angsty in the rp.

Personality: Overly cheerful/hopeful, which can come off as fake. Especially if he opens up after befriending someone and they then they are pissed that they only befriended the idea of him. Really worried abt being a burden. Not very good social skills for obvious reasons, either awkwardly quiet or overshares. Just physically weak, being sickly and all. Naive, dense. Gentle and good with kids. Resourceful/adaptable, can make the best of bad situations. Forgiving and tries to see both sides of the argument. Good listener, though he’s not super at giving advice. Knows a good bit of first aid, but squeamish around large amounts blood/gore. He’ll still try to help even if he’s freaking the hell out. Good with change. Really afraid of being alone. Follower rather than leader, very indecisive. Not stubborn/very little pride. Pacifist at heart but will fight back… which considering his one point of strength probably won’t work. You have to really wear him down, but he will snap eventually.

Other: Weaves lavender into his mane/tail. Has a couple of slightly darker pink speckles but they’re not large enough or dense enough to be considered spots.

Username: ion#3946

Also I barely ever use discord so sorry if I need help doing something/im slow