Stray Fawn Community

The Elementalists (RP) (8/8 Spots Filled [FULL])

Star Starless

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2022 at 11:49 PM, Spooky Star Starless said:

(I'll continue sometime tomorrow. It's late and I'm tired. I do have a plan though. One more post after this and we'll be back)

(haha im a liar)

On 9/20/2022 at 11:49 PM, Spooky Star Starless said:

Iris - Iris sighed and took a deep breath. Nothing like sneaking onto an enemy ship with your best friends who also happen to all have betrayed you in some way to kick off a Saturday afternoon. He poked his head out of the door, and saw Lockwood sneaking towards the door, followed by Otto and Cedar. They all slipped into the closet and closed the door behind them.

Otto - "Cedar and I need to head back. We have posts to cover. Plus, if no one has seen us in a while, Kamado might get suspicious and send troops out. We'll meet back here at 6:00 sharp and figure out what to do next. Sound good?" Otto said. Everyone nodded. Soon, Cedar and Otto disappeared through the door again, and their footsteps faded.

Iris - "Well. This is going to be a fun three hours." He sat down on the floor and rested his head against a box behind him. With nothing better to do, Iris turned towards the boxes and lifted up the sheet covering them. The room immediately filled up with a warm golden light. Iris faltered. "What the heck is this stuff?" Lockwood shuffled over and shrugged. Beats me. he wrote. Iris rubbed his temples. Fotia? Helloooooo? Anyone home? He asked. No response. Typical. She always shows up whenever she wants but never when Iris actually needs her. Iris sighed and covered the vials again. What is that stuff? And why does Kamado have a gazillion bottles of it?

Lockwood - Ichor. He recognized it's color the second he saw it. Artificially made god blood that causes a huge spike in the user's elemental powers. So powerful, that they can sometimes even use a second element. He remembered eavesdropping on an important meeting once, and hearing something about a golden superhuman liquid being produced. The fact that Kamado had this many vials of it though is what concerned him. And the fact that one small spill can puncture steel and a thousand gallons of it was being transported over the water was also concerning.

Iris - Lockwood was lost in thought. It was etched on his face. But, thinking back on their conversation earlier, it's clear he didn't want to talk. Iris was about to start sketching on his arm, when a chorus of voices erupted from outside the door. "He said to grab the new shipment. Something about a new group needing enhancement." a voice said. "When will it be our turn?" another voice replied. Iris bolted up. "Quick! Hide!" he hissed. Lockwood dove behind a stack of boxes and Iris ducked behind the box he was sitting against just as the door opened. He heard the shuffle of feet, and before he knew it, the box he was hiding behind was gone, and four very annoyed, very confused Fire Kingdom guards were looking at him. Iris waved awkwardly. "Hey there..."

"Kid, what are you doing here?" a bald guard asked. "This closet isn't a good place for newbies like you." Iris sighed with relief. He stood up. "I'm terribly sorry, good soldiers. I just got a little lost. Simple misunderstanding!.

"Then why were you hiding behind the boxes if you were just lost?" another guard asked. Iris chuckled. "Uh, I was, um... cleaning the floor? You see, I'm the new janitor and I-"
"Save it!" A very tall and very scary looking woman barked. "I know exactly who you are, Iris Narelle. You're not going anywhere."

"Oh shi-" Iris said.

"GUARDS!" the woman screamed.

"LOCKWOOD, RUN!" Iris yelled, flinging a fireball at the group of guards. Lockwood jumped out from behind the boxes, and rushed out of the room, only adding to the guard's surprise.

"Isn't that-"

"What the?"

Iris smirked. "What? Never seen a kid play with fire before?" He summoned another flame and held it in his palm.

"Hey! You're that fire elementalist kid we're all looking for!" the bald guard said. The tall woman slapped her palm to her forehead. "Yes! You idiot. Keep up!" She turned towards Iris. "Kamado's already on his way to collect his grandson and your life. Have fun!" Iris realized he was surrounded. The only way out was through the guards. He turned towards the vials inside the storeroom.
"I really hope these were something important." Iris said as he reached towards a box and grabbed a handful of bottles. The guard's faces were immediately replaced with looks of fear. "Kid, wait. You have no clue what you're holding-" Iris smiled. "All I know is that it's important, so I'm gonna take it and destroy it. Bye!" Iris threw a vial towards the guards feet, and it exploded in a golden mess. The metal at the guards feet began to sizzle and melt, much to Iris's surprise.

"You guys keep liquid that can melt metal on a ship?!" He yelled as he raced down the hallway.

(I'll continue sometime tomorrow. It's late and I'm tired. I do have a plan though. One more post after this and we'll be back)

(**NOTE** There was some lore that went on between Otto, Cedar, and Kamado that is what will cause them to act more hostile down below. I will not put down what happened so the actual people who play the characters can take part in that in a flashback.)

Iris - The alarms were still blaring as Iris dashed down corridors and hallways. Iris needed to find Lockwood and everyone else before the ship sank. Or they somehow patched the 5 foot hole that he had created in the hull and every guard on the ship now knew he was there. Iris turned corner after corner with no luck. They all looked the same. He went to turn back when a shrill bell erupted in between alarm blares, and the collected voice of Kamado came across the intercom. "Soldiers and all personnel aboard this ship. There has been a hull breach outside the sector E supply closet. A mysterious substance seems to have melted right through our titanium ship, and is now rapidly filling with water. Please make your way to the closets lifeboat asap. Thank you."

"Well this is just swell." Iris said as he dashed down another hallway. He tried to turn another corner back towards the supply closet, but was blocked by a hallway full of seawater. He turned around and dashed up a set of stairs, and ran into the last thing he wanted to see. Otto and Cedar, next to emperor Kamado. Iris stopped dead in his tracks.

"Hello there, Iris." Kamado said coldly. Iris noticed that Cedar and Otto were standing commandingly in front of a horde of soldiers.

"Cedar? Otto? What's going on?" Iris asked. He knew that they had to play along that they weren't helping him, but the whole army behind them thing seemed a little too extreme to be a joke.

"Oh, you mean they didn't tell you? You've been duped. This whole thing was a setup. You really think that Cedar would go back to you all after you left him for dead? Ha!" Kamado said. Cedar lowered his head a little bit.

"We thought he was dead!" Iris argued.

"Well, its not his fault his elemental powers were weak. But no worries, we fixed that, didn't we Cedar?" Kamado smirked. Iris's eyes grew wide, and he thought back to Fotia.

Ichor. Blood of the gods. It can strengthen the users's elemental powers, but comes at a great cost if you use too much. Iris reached into his satchel and felt the vials of golden liquid.

"Cedar... you didn't... no... this isn't like you.." Iris began. Otto stopped him.

"He wanted to be helpful! You other elementalists always left him behind because he wasn't strong enough, so he felt like he needed to be stronger to get your recognition! And even now, you're still yelling at him! You don't get to boss everyone around just because you want to play hero, Iris." Otto yelled. "If you think that we're going back with you, you're insane. Guards!" The soldiers behind Otto and Cedar began to move towards Iris.

"Cedar! Otto!" Iris yelled.

Kamado just smirked. "Fly away, hibou noir." (for those wondering, that means black owl in French. A black owl symbolizes the transition between life and death, which is a huge hint at Iris's character lore and what Kamado knows.")

The guards were getting closer. With no choice, Iris smashed his fist into the ground and a wall of fire erupted between him and the guards. Iris flew down the stairs and almost collided with Lockwood, soaked from the water now trickling up the stairs.

"Lockwood!" Iris exclaimed. He tried to pull him into a hug, but Lockwood refused, pointing at the rising water. Iris nodded. "Right. We could drown." Iris looked around, but the sudden wave of realization washed over him. They couldn't go through the water, they would probably drown before they reached a lifeboat. But the top of the stairs was home to Kamado, Cedar, and Otto. All who which were not fans of Iris currently. "S***!" he exclaimed. He knew his wall wouldn't hold off the guards for long. Lockwood looked confused, so Iris tried to explain it as fast as he could. "Your grandpa really wants to kill us again, and he's at the top of the stairs, trapping us right here." Lockwood pressed his palm to his forehead, and flicked his wrist. Iris looked over at the water, expecting it to part and feel like an idiot for not thinking of that, but the water stayed still. A look of fear appeared in Lockwood's eyes, and he tried again.

"Tsk tsk tsk, didn't you learn anything from your magical properties class, Lockwood?" Kamado said. The boys whirled around and Kamado was standing in the stairwell. Kamado crossed his arms. "Since ichor caused the breach in the hull, all the water that's passing in here has been coated in some of the excess ichor. Elements containing more ichor than currently in the bloodstream of the elementalist can't be moved." Kamado shrugged. Lockwood balled his fists. Iris began to think. Kamado doesn't know I have water powers, and I definetley have more ichor than what's in the water in my blood. But if I use water, Kamado will only want to kill me more, and I don't even know how to use my water powers properly. I can't use them. I can only do the next best thing to get us out of here. Kamado was just staring at the boys, and Iris's eyes drifted up. A glowing sign was illuminated above the stairs. Floor 5, Hall D. The chances of there being a deck outside were probable, and, without a better idea, this idea seemed the most reasonable.

"So, what are you going to do? Fireball me?" Kamado asked. Iris reached into his satchel and pulled out the remaining vials he had of the golden liquid (about 7). Kamado's eyes grew wide. "What are you going to do with that?" Iris shrugged. "This." He threw the vials at the wall to his left, and the liquid exploded over the wall. He heard hissing and fizzing, and smoke filled the hall. Next thing Iris knew, there was an ominous creak, a loud thud, and a voice that said "Hey, I can talk now!"

When the smoke cleared, Iris wasn't ready to meet what he saw. Standing in Lockwood's place was a very much alive and well Lynx. He waved. "Hi Iris!" Iris rubbed his eyes. "I died, didn't I."

(Since Lynx is back and im tired I will stop here! Time to bring this back! Let the rp resume! Also, If i made your character act any way they normally wouldn't [disregarding the Otto/Iris/Cedar/Kamado showdown] just ignore what I said and make them act how they normally would.)

• Eek! 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, GreenTheCrowFox said:

(I swear cedar's gonna have a meltdown lmao

I'll write more stuff at work today!!!

also ypu kept your promise woooo)

(I did. it just took a while and 2 hillards chocolate bars)

(FLASHBACK CONTAINING CEDAR, OTTO, AND KAMADO. ILL LET EVERYONE KNOW WHEN ITS OVER SO THEY HAVE CONTEXT)

Otto left the storage closet and began walking towards his usual post with Cedar. However, as he turned a corner towards a staircase, he came face-to-face with Kamado. Otto immediatley dropped to a bow. "E-emperor Kamado. I'm terribly sorry. I was just headi-"

"To your post? No need. You and Cedar need to follow me. I have some news about your friend Iris that must be discussed now. Follow me." Kamado waved his hand towards a meeting room to Otto's left. He gupled nervously and followed Kamado inside the room.

9 minutes ago, Spooky Star Starless said:

(FLASHBACK CONTAINING CEDAR, OTTO, AND KAMADO. ILL LET EVERYONE KNOW WHEN ITS OVER SO THEY HAVE CONTEXT)

Otto left the storage closet and began walking towards his usual post with Cedar. However, as he turned a corner towards a staircase, he came face-to-face with Kamado. Otto immediatley dropped to a bow. "E-emperor Kamado. I'm terribly sorry. I was just headi-"

"To your post? No need. You and Cedar need to follow me. I have some news about your friend Iris that must be discussed now. Follow me." Kamado waved his hand towards a meeting room to Otto's left. He gupled nervously and followed Kamado inside the room.

Cedar hesitated a bit, Iris? Did he know he met him again and snuck his friend onto the ship? No no no, he couldn't know, right? It's fine, it'll be fine! He followed, still a bit cautious. 

48 minutes ago, GreenTheCrowFox said:

Cedar hesitated a bit, Iris? Did he know he met him again and snuck his friend onto the ship? No no no, he couldn't know, right? It's fine, it'll be fine! He followed, still a bit cautious. 

Otto took a seat at the table inside the room, next to Kamado.

What does any of this have to do with Iris? He seemed okay after we calmed him down.

Just now, Spooky Star Starless said:

Otto took a seat at the table inside the room, next to Kamado.

What does any of this have to do with Iris? He seemed okay after we calmed him down.

And Cedar sat next to Otto. He felt more comfortable this way.

On 10/3/2022 at 10:06 AM, SPOOKYSNOWSTORM said:

Lynx half-waved at Iris. "It's... been a while since I've been able to talk to anyone."

Iris stopped. "Lynx? Did I die? Is this how I can see you? No. You're dead. You're dead..."

15 hours ago, Spooky Star Starless said:

Iris stopped. "Lynx? Did I die? Is this how I can see you? No. You're dead. You're dead..."

"I... think so? Being dead is probably the only way you'd be able to talk to me."

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2022 at 8:57 AM, SPOOKYSNOWSTORM said:

"I... think so? Being dead is probably the only way you'd be able to talk to me."

Iris rubbed his temples. "This doesn't make any sense, because he's here too!" Iris pointed to Kamado standing dramatically in the stairwell.

On 10/2/2022 at 6:42 PM, GreenTheCrowFox said:

And Cedar sat next to Otto. He felt more comfortable this way.

Kamado cleared his throat. "Gentlemen, I have some news about Iris. Some news that is not too pleasant, and one that you probably don't want to hear."

2 minutes ago, Spooky Star Starless said:

Kamado cleared his throat. "Gentlemen, I have some news about Iris. Some news that is not too pleasant, and one that you probably don't want to hear."

"What do you mean?" Had Kamado found out his friend was on the ship? That they had snuck Iris on. Why specifically now?..

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2022 at 10:27 PM, GreenTheCrowFox said:

"What do you mean?" Had Kamado found out his friend was on the ship? That they had snuck Iris on. Why specifically now?..

"Let's rewind for a minute. Has Iris ever told you about Fotia or who his parents were?" Kamado asked. Otto shook his head. Oh no... he though.

(ITS BACKKKKK)

Kamado chuckled. "I figured as much. So, let me tell you two a little story."

"A long time ago, gods roamed this world with humans. The gods each had different powers, and they even had kinds and rulers. However, one day, the goddess of fire, Fotia, got jealous of how her brother, the king of the gods, had all the power. So, she killed him and dumped his body in the ocean." Kamado gestured out the porthole to the shimmering sea. "The only reason the gods were different from humans was because of this substance called ichor. This magical substance flowed through all god's veins, and gave them powers. When the king of the gods died, his ichor seeped into the mortal world, and every living thing around it became affected by its power. People figured out how to harness this power, and the elementalists were born. Now, after this event, Fotia took over, and the gods haven't been heard from since then. Or so I thought. Although they've gone silent, the gods still very much exist. In fact, before their retreat, there were elementalists called the "Gods Eye", people chosen to act as the sort of voice of a god. The god could influence their thoughts and control their body if they pleased. Now, if someone was possessed by a god, they could eliminate every normal elementalist we have. So, in an attempt to prevent this takeover, my father saw the only logical option being to kill all non-loyal elementalists. Originally, others objected this idea, including myself, until we heard news of this woman named Echo Narelle." Kamado paused to make sure Otto and Cedar were still following.

2 minutes ago, Spooky Star Starless said:

"A long time ago, gods roamed this world with humans. The gods each had different powers, and they even had kinds and rulers. However, one day, the goddess of fire, Fotia, got jealous of how her brother, the king of the gods, had all the power. So, she killed him and dumped his body in the ocean." Kamado gestured out the porthole to the shimmering sea. "The only reason the gods were different from humans was because of this substance called ichor. This magical substance flowed through all god's veins, and gave them powers. When the king of the gods died, his ichor seeped into the mortal world, and every living thing around it became affected by its power. People figured out how to harness this power, and the elementalists were born. Now, after this event, Fotia took over, and the gods haven't been heard from since then. Or so I thought. Although they've gone silent, the gods still very much exist. In fact, before their retreat, there were elementalists called the "Gods Eye", people chosen to act as the sort of voice of a god. The god could influence their thoughts and control their body if they pleased. Now, if someone was possessed by a god, they could eliminate every normal elementalist we have. So, in an attempt to prevent this takeover, my father saw the only logical option being to kill all non-loyal elementalists. Originally, others objected this idea, including myself, until we heard news of this woman named Echo Narelle." Kamado paused to make sure Otto and Cedar were still following.

Cedar stared almost absently, but he was still paying attention.

What did this have to do with Iris? Gods and possession and stuff?

"Now, Echo had an interesting tale. She hailed from the Water Kingdom, and was not an elementalist. Not being of any special note, it came as a shock to everyone when she became pregnant and gave birth to a baby boy at the drop of a hat. She had never been seen by the village people with a husband, so everyone wondered how she had managed to have a child. The townsfolk began to follow Echo and keep tabs on her, and noticed that every night she would sneak off to the ocean, and would meet a mysterious man. The townsfolk were obsessed with figuring out who this man was, but one day, when Echo snuck out, the man wasn't there. The next day, her child was born. That night, the sky illuminated with a blinding red flash, and Echo was never seen again. Her son was left as an orphan. The townsfolk were convinced that her child was the spawn of a horrible man, so they sent the baby off to the Capitol. The baby was found by the members of the Academy, and was taken in as a student. The boy excelled in water magic, and was the head of his class. The boy, however, fell victim to the massacre at the Academy, the spark of the war. Iris Narelle was killed that day. And I know, because I was the one who killed him."  Otto's mouth fell open in a gasp.

"Now, Echo had an interesting tale. She hailed from the Water Kingdom, and was not an elementalist. Not being of any special note, it came as a shock to everyone when she became pregnant and gave birth to a baby boy at the drop of a hat. She had never been seen by the village people with a husband, so everyone wondered how she had managed to have a child. The townsfolk began to follow Echo and keep tabs on her, and noticed that every night she would sneak off to the ocean, and would meet a mysterious man. The townsfolk were obsessed with figuring out who this man was, but one day, when Echo snuck out, the man wasn't there. The next day, her child was born. That night, the sky illuminated with a blinding red flash, and Echo was never seen again. Her son was left as an orphan. The townsfolk were convinced that her child was the spawn of a horrible man, so they sent the baby off to the Capitol. The baby was found by the members of the Academy, and was taken in as a student. The boy excelled in water magic, and was the head of his class. The boy, however, fell victim to the massacre at the Academy, the spark of the war. Iris Narelle was killed that day. And I know, because I was the one who killed him."  Otto's mouth fell open in a gasp.

"You're lying!" he exclaimed. "Iris is alive!" Kamado motioned for Otto to be quiet. "Yes, Iris is very much still alive, which brings me to the point in my story about how he lied to all of you. Now, riddle me this. Iris is the son of a Water Kingdom woman, and studied powerful water magic at the academy. Now, how is it that he can no longer use that power, and is instead a fire elementalist?" Otto gulped nervously and shook his head.