Stray Fawn Community

The Elementalists (RP) (8/8 Spots Filled [FULL])

Star Starless

On 5/31/2023 at 10:00 PM, Heather Chandler said:

Otto didn't even fight when he was led to a lifeboat and told to sit down. The water on the top level was up to his ankles, so anyone on the lower levels was definitely dead. Otto wanted to cry. He wanted to throw up. He wanted to scream. He wanted to punch everyone, but mainly Kamado. But instead, he just sat there in silence, staring out at the endless horizon, thoughts empty.

(bump)

On 5/31/2023 at 10:00 PM, Heather Chandler said:

Otto didn't even fight when he was led to a lifeboat and told to sit down. The water on the top level was up to his ankles, so anyone on the lower levels was definitely dead. Otto wanted to cry. He wanted to throw up. He wanted to scream. He wanted to punch everyone, but mainly Kamado. But instead, he just sat there in silence, staring out at the endless horizon, thoughts empty.

Cedar sat next to him, his head full and tears streaming from his eyes. He wanted to help, all he wanted was to help... And this is how it ended, huh?.. Nobody was happy, nobody was helped here.

10 hours ago, Artificer -Green- said:

Cedar sat next to him, his head full and tears streaming from his eyes. He wanted to help, all he wanted was to help... And this is how it ended, huh?.. Nobody was happy, nobody was helped here.

A guard turned to Cedar and Otto. "Stop crying. He was a criminal. He murdered people with the help of a god. His death was just and deserved."

Otto looked at the guard in disbelief. Even if he did kill people, he still deserved a fair trial, and a chance to explain himself. Instead, Kamado just killed him. And I stood by and watched.

48 minutes ago, Heather Chandler said:

A guard turned to Cedar and Otto. "Stop crying. He was a criminal. He murdered people with the help of a god. His death was just and deserved."

Otto looked at the guard in disbelief. Even if he did kill people, he still deserved a fair trial, and a chance to explain himself. Instead, Kamado just killed him. And I stood by and watched.

"Shut the HELL up" Cedar snapped back, his face still red from the tears. "You don't know who he was at all! nobody did! not even.. me.." He trailed off and fell silent again, staring at the floor.

On 5/26/2023 at 10:33 PM, Heather Chandler said:

Iris was to stunned to speak.

My father? No, my dad wasn't a god. Mom had pictures of him before she died. Us all together, before they- No. This isn't adding up.

Iris just let out a weak laugh. "My father? Uh, my father wasn't a god. He died during a Fire Kingdom attack when I was two. I had pictures of him and my mother in my old house. Sorry, but I think you've got the wrong kid, man."

A wave of sadness passed over Nekros's face. "No, Iris, I swear, you're my son. Your mother, Echo, married another man after I, um, couldn't be with her. She raised you to believe that he was your father, but I am."

Iris raised an eyebrow. "Got any proof? And if I really am your son, why all of a sudden are you so interested in being a part of my life? Why now do you care if I'm your son, or if you had a son at all?"

Nekros sighed. "This is going to hurt." He reached out his hand and pressed his thumb to Iris's forehead. The same white-hot pain that he had felt before he died filled his body again. He winced and grabbed at Nekros's hand, but he didn't budge. A second later, the pain stopped, and Iris looked up at Nekros.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR!?" Iris exclaimed.

"Well you asked me to prove that you were my son so-"

"DID YOU HAVE TO BURN MY BODY IN ORDER TO PROVE IT!?!" Iris yelled.

"I mean, sort of. The pain is a sad side effect, and no one has been able to find another way to claim a child of theirs, mainly because not many gods have demigod children." Nekros shrugged.

"Sad side effect?" Iris exclaimed. "Sir, I have had my body burned, drowned, found out I died, and then was led here by the creepiest thing I have ever seen. And you go and burn me again." Iris stated. "So if you don't have a good reason for doing whatever you just did, I swear."

Nekros chuckled. "I see you got your mom's spirit. Look, this probably isn't going to make a ton of sense b-"

"Not much these days makes sense." Iris pointed out.

"True, true." Nekros said. "So, whenever a demigod is born, we perform this kind of ceremony called a Marking. Basically a god sends a bit of their power into the baby's body. When the proper godly parent sends their power into the child, it causes their godly parent's powers to be awaken inside them. This also results in the god's crest being branded onto the back of their neck. People in the mortal world refer to it as a "tattoo". Since I already know you're my son, I could perform this ceremony with no other gods required to be present, which is quite a relief considering... certain situations."

Iris raised an eyebrow, and Nekros chuckled nervously. He snapped his fingers and two small mirrors appeared in Nekros's hands. He held one in front of Iris and one behind him near his neck. Iris was baffled. On the back of his neck was a small black skull with a crown, which most certainly wasn't there before. Nekros smiled and snapped agaon, causing the mirrors to dissapear.

"Told you." He smiled.

(I feel bad for typing all of this. Feel free to do lore with stuff happening on the ship.)

Iris was in shock.

"Look man, I don't know what kind of creepy dead god guy tricks your playing on me, but can you stop trying to gaslight me? I'm sorry you lost your son, but I'm not the guy you're looking for. My parents are dead." That seemed to get Nekros's attention. His expressionless face was filled with a look of sadness.

"Echo's... dead?"

Iris nodded. "I thought the god of the dead would know that. Don't you keep track of dead souls or something?"

Nekros shook his head. "It's more complicated than that. I used to keep track of every soul that passed through here. But as the Underworld kept expanding and more and more souls traveled through, I couldn't keep up with it. Those faceless souls? They're my assistants. They deal with the tedious jobs of counting souls and keeping track of where everyone goes. Since I never told anyone about your mother, they would have no need to inform me of her death." His face was etched with dismay.

Iris wanted to go up to him and give him a hug, but considering the fact that he was a god, and the one of dead people no less, he decided against it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2023 at 8:39 PM, Heather Chandler said:

(not much. iris died and has daddy issues)

( nuuuuuu not IRIS....  Also sorry my reply is so late. I have rl issues rn.