Stray Fawn Community

The Tiny Colony: A Cattails-Style Playthrough

medicine cat

yes hello i'm back again i can't stay away from this game
i finished nursing school and i'm a nurse now too

So, this playthrough is based off of @BirbMaster's Cattails playthrough! I recently played Cattails a few months back and really liked it, so I thought I'd mix Cattails and Niche together. Since it's a little hard for me to focus on more than one clan, we're going to start with one Cattails clan.

PROMINENT ROLES
Leader - Leader cats act as the guides and judges of the colony. Unlike my warriors playthrough, leaders have no special lifespan. I think that I might make this a monarchy type deal.
Guard - The frontline of defense for the clan. Guard cats are in charge of relations of outside cats with the clan. The strongest cat of the clan is usually selected by the Leader to be guard, though a cat can ask for placement as guard.
Doctor - Responsible for tending to the injured of the colony and for overseeing the birth of kittens.
Citizens - The regular cats of the clan, functioning to gather berries, hunt, and battle.
I won't be including Shopkeepers in roles, since it's harder to translate their responsibilities to Niche.

OTHER RULES
Every ten days, there is a festival in the colony. There will be no fighting on this day.
Lifespan will mimic the growth cycle of kittens in Cattails. Nichelings will be newborns for ten days, children for ten days, and adolescents for 40. Adult lifespan will be a full 100 days, and pregnancy lasts 10 days.
Damage multipliers are x5, and I have rogue males turned off.

OUR STARTING CAST AND LORE
Our cats came to form the Tiny Colony after escaping from a tyrannical rule in a faraway land called the Giant Colony. These young cats wanted to make a name for themselves as their own colony, and therefore formed the Tiny Colony- named for their tiny number and the tiny green island upon which they first set up camp.

ht6IN43HyMIRItpALg3oA-_jzHeCG7DhSYrK7S4Bsn81LlSQyOdogBSWkwvylPA9nc8bIWozdmOvBDfbArtXtHNAgEA9S2T7HA06iW-flwUC0M8uMddxQD69mIFHSQWcaN6So9lr81diaHeXmg

(From left to right: Hollow, Breeze, Bold, Dawn)

The leader of the clan is Bold, a golden tomcat with dark eyes. Bold was the original cat of the colony to suggest they move to find a new life from the Giant Colony. Bold admits that he knows very little about leading a clan or what he is doing, but in his heart, he feels that it is right. He convinced Hollow and Breeze to come along, since they are his longtime close friends. He trusts the both of them with his life, and has come to develop a new friendship with Dawn as well.

The clan’s Doctor is Hollow- an albino tom. Hollow is a very quiet cat, and is withdrawn around new people. Hollow is the oldest of the four cats, and is known for his intelligence and eloquence when he does decide to speak. Hollow had little attachment to the Giant Colony he grew up in, and decided that he couldn’t let Bold go off into the wild alone without someone there to heal him if he gets sick or wounded. When he isn’t practicing medicine for the clan, Hollow enjoys hunting.

Dawn stepped up to be the guard of the clan, to the other cats’ surprise. Though the youngest, Dawn is the strongest of the four cats, and is brave in the face of danger. She is a dark brown cat with gray spots. Her older sister, Breeze, initially didn’t approve of Dawn becoming the head guard of the colony, but Dawn wouldn’t back down. Dawn loves Breeze, but desperately wishes Breeze would stop trying to control her.

Breeze is the older sister of Dawn and is a dark brown she-cat. She followed Bold and Hollow out into the wild, hoping to start a colony with them. Breeze is a quick thinker and can be a bit impatient. Though she won’t admit it, a part of the reason why Breeze joined the new Colony is because she is in love with Hollow and didn’t want to see him go.

• Like 3
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 1

• medicine cat changed the title to The Tiny Colony: A Cattails-Style Playthrough

CHAPTER 1 - DAY 1
CURRENT SEASON: Summer, Year 1
STATUS CHECK
Leader: BOLD (Golden male with dark eyes)
Guard: DAWN (Dark brown female with gray spots and hazel eyes)
Doctor: HOLLOW (Albino male)
Citizen: BREEZE (Chocolate brown female with dark eyes)

"We need to start looking for food," declares Bold, flicking his tail.
"I've already found a berry bush to forage with," replies Hollow. He sniffs the air in hopes of finding prey, but to no avail. He sighs briefly in disappointment. "We need to find prey. Can't live on these berries forever."
Breeze purrs as the warm summer sun hits her back, padding through the tall grass behind Hollow. "I can help pick these, Hollow. It's no problem." Hollow goes to respond, but Bold hollers for the Doctor.
"Hollow? I believe I have a leech in my fur from sitting along the water."
Realizing duty calls, Hollow simply gives Breeze a nod of his thanks and goes to help Bold.

A couple days pass, and prey does begin to slowly show up around the clan. Breeze and Bold gather more berries, and Hollow feels delight as he catches a mole.
Dawn, meanwhile, is working on her colony relations, and gives nesting material to a peaceful bear.
"Don't you worry about Dawn being guard?" Breeze asks her leader, her ears flat. 
"Who else would you suggest in the clan?" Bold asks her in reply. "Dawn is young and small for now, but she already shows more strength than you or I combined. She risked a lot following you to the clan, Breeze. Have some faith in her."

The clan soon finds that they are not the only ones on the island. Dawn is doing patrol one day, and she comes across a ginger female with a large, bushy tail. Dawn goes to attack her, but is confused to find that the she-cat is even younger than Dawn is, barely an adolescent. The she-cat is terrified.
"And what do you think you're doing on colony territory?" Spits Dawn. Dawn is confident she is stronger than this she-cat, but admittedly is unsure of what to say- she has never actually acted upon her guard position before. The she-cat flattens her large ears in submission.
"Please, I don't have a colony of my own," says the she-cat. "I left my colony. My name is Squirrelmaw." Dawn is unimpressed and goes to swipe at the she-cat, but is stopped by a familiar voice.

"Give her a break, Dawn," says Hollow. "She's obviously terrified." The tall male steps between the two of them. "We need more colony members, anyway." He flicks his ears. "What's your name, she-cat?"
"Squirrelmaw," she replies. 
"Squirrelmaw. Well, Squirrelmaw, are you looking for a new colony?"
"...Yes."
"Then we will take you to our leader, Bold, to join us," replies Hollow, taking sympathy on Squirrelmaw. Dawn's ear's flatten, and she feels anger burning in her chest. Guarding her clan is HER job, not a doctor's!
image.png.38295cc9540f1458708f6eba897846f9.png
(Squirrelmaw).

Squirrelmaw and Hollow become close companions from this point onward, and Hollow begins to teach her the ways of a Doctor in the colony. Having Squirrelmaw's help allows for Hollow to have time to hunt in between treating patients.

The tenth day of the season is the summer festival, and the cats of the colony celebrate together. Breeze begins to develop a kinship with Squirrelmaw, hoping that Squirrelmaw will tell her about Hollow.
image.thumb.png.b3691c35fc529cbac3f38c964b5ebd7c.png

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 1

CHAPTER 2 - DAY 11
CURRENT SEASON: Fall & Winter, Year 1
STATUS CHECK
Leader: BOLD (Golden male with dark eyes)
Guard: DAWN (Dark brown female with gray spots and hazel eyes)
Doctor: HOLLOW (Albino male)
Citizen: BREEZE (Chocolate brown female with dark eyes)
ARRIVAL: Citizen: SQUIRRELMAW (Ginger female with bushy tail and flat muzzle)

After the summer festival, Fall begins to set in. And as the seasons change, Breeze feels compelled to finally tell Hollow how she feels.
"I think that you should tell him," purrs Squirrelmaw softly to Breeze. "I think that he gets his paws into so much work, that having someone to love will help him."
Finally, Breeze gets the courage to tell Hollow how she feels. She asks to meet him under the oak tree on the island, and catches her breath as his shimmering white pelt advances toward her.
"I've been thinking about you for a long time, Hollow," says Breeze. "I can't believe it's taken me this long to say so." Hollow tilts his head to the side, as if asking her to go on. "I want to be mates with you, Hollow."
Hollow is silent for a moment.
"I'm sorry!" she says, flattening her ears. "I know it's stupid, I-"
"I wouldn't want to be with a she-cat other than you, Breeze. I accept. Gladly." He rests his muzzle on her shoulders. "Thank you, Breeze."

"About time you stepped up," mews Dawn when Breeze tells her what happened the next morning. "I'm glad you're finally together."
"You'll have to find a mate of your own soon, too, you know." replies Breeze half-jokingly, rolling her eyes with a smile when Dawn gags in disgust. "You're almost a grown she-cat yourself."

Breeze is right about one thing- Dawn is growing quickly, and has become a skilled guard of the Tiny Colony. Dawn soon reaches her full height as Autumn comes to a close, and Dawn revels in her newfound strength. Dawn decides to showcase this strength at the Fall festival at the end of the season. As little as she likes to admit it, Dawn does indeed love her clanmates and takes great pride in protecting them.
image.png.e95b45b0f26409133b4b8d48b43a4353.png
(A full-grown Dawn.)

Fall turns to winter, and at the first snow, Breeze has news to share with the clan- she will be having a kitten with Hollow! 
"I'm admittedly nervous to be a father," Hollow confides in Squirrelmaw.
"You're the most compassionate cat in the whole clan," replies Squirrelmaw. "You saved me that day when I showed up. I think that you need to have confidence in yourself." She gently rests her tail on Hollow to show his support.

"At least Breeze will have someone else to nag besides me when her kit is born," Dawn jokes to Bold, who smiles at her. 
"She worries about you, Dawn. She cares about you. So do I." He gives her a warm smile.

Time passes, and Bold realizes that he is developing feelings for Dawn. Her confidence never ceases to amaze him, and he realizes that she would be a valuable companion as he led the colony. He decides to ask her to be his mate.
"I don't think I could tolerate anyone besides you," says Dawn, giving him a smile. "I'll be your mate, Bold."

The news of Bold and Dawn becoming mates surprises Breeze. "I never thought you'd actually give your heart to another cat," she says, nudging her sister. 
"Neither did I. But he's a great leader, and I have faith of him as both a leader and a tom," replies Dawn. "I'll give it a shot. How is the kit?" she asks, changing the subject from discussing her feelings.
"Fine," purrs Breeze. "I do miss hunting, though. You can't exactly do that much when you're pregnant."

The winter festival arrives at the end of the season, and at the festival, Dawn catches an unfamiliar scent. She finds an adolescent she-cat sneaking a berry from the gathering, and the she cat grins at her, seeming to not notice Dawn's raised hackles.
"Oh! Hello! I'm Light," purrs the she-cat.
"Were it not the day of a sacred festival, I'd challenge you," says Dawn. "What's your business here?"
"I'm a rogue she-cat looking for a new colony to join," replied the female, her fur a muddy tan color. "A festival, you say? Your colony sounds lovely! I'm Light. And you?" she blinked her bright blue  eyes up at Dawn.
"...Dawn," replied the guard. "I guess if you're looking to join our colony, today's the day to ask us. I'll take you to my mate, Bold. He's the leader of Tiny Colony."
image.png.94fde30638778eab7d93a3b74bc36d09.png

Bold approves of Light's membership to the clan, and she joins the Winter festival activities.

image.thumb.png.3385091ed6a2e5b768cb3db789c1b766.png

• Like 1
  • Eek! 2

CHAPTER 3 - DAY 31
CURRENT SEASON: Spring, Year 1
STATUS CHECK
Citizen: SQUIRRELMAW (Ginger female with bushy tail and flat muzzle)
Arrival: Citizen: LIGHT (Muddy tan female with bright blue eyes)

Light begins to show promise as a strong fighter she-cat, but shows more interest in tending to herb bushes in the colony territory. Seeing potential in her, Dawn offers to spar with her. Light happily obliges, seeing Dawn as a role model. The two become close friends.

One morning, Dawn approaches Light. "Light, I have a favor to ask you." Light tilts her ears forward, looking at the tall she-cat.
"I need you to substitute me in the guard."
"Me?! Why? I can't replace you, Dawn. You're so tough!"
"It's not forever," Dawn hisses, signaling Light to keep her voice down. "And no one needs to know yet. I'm going to be having a kit, Light, and I can't defend this colony while I'm carrying a kit. Do you understand?"
"Of course," says Light, still taking in the information. Not only was Dawn pregnant, but Light would be in charge of protecting the clan! "I'd be honored, Dawn."
"You can't tell anyone, especially my sister. She'll never leave me alone about advice to give me and things I should be doing preparing for a kit."

Dawn doesn't have too much to worry about, though, because now Breeze has enough on her paws- Breeze gives birth to a kit- a son. He has pitch-black fur and a lean build like his mother. Hollow watches the birth like a hawk, trying his best to ensure the safety of his mate and newborn kitten.

The colony gathers around the newborn kitten with great interest- he is the first birth of Tinyclan, after all. Despite his eyes having not opened yet, he hears everything around him, seeming to raise his head at every new scent that comes into the den.
"I'll call him Quick," purrs Breeze.

image.png.41375f29f071fcaad30f4659fbfcac7b.png
Quick is an easy kitten with a mild temperament, rarely ever crying out or misbehaving. Breeze seems already anxious to leave the birthing den and to get out and get back to hunting. 

Dawn's condition quickly grows more demanding, and the colony is told that she is indeed pregnant a couple weeks before she gives birth. Meanwhile, Light has taken quite the liking to her guard job, enjoying the autonomy that it brings. She becomes a fully-grown she-cat.
image.png.b57f650d2651f9080776f9785c5b93b0.png

The colony celebrates the spring festival Breeze happily resting with her new kit. Dawn, meanwhile, settles into a nest, knowing that she will be having a kit of her own soon.

image.thumb.png.d1d52b4d71cbf19a278edc8efd09da96.png

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 1

CHAPTER 4 - DAY 41
CURRENT SEASON: Summer, Year 2
STATUS CHECK
Citizen: SQUIRRELMAW (Ginger female with bushy tail and flat muzzle)
Citizen: LIGHT (Muddy tan female with bright blue eyes)
Arrival: QUICK (Pitch black male with dark eyes)

Summer returns to the island, and with summer comes the birth of a new kitten- the daughter of Dawn and Bold. She is gifted with the strong build of her mother and the facial structure of her father, and the entire colony gathers around her with great interest, for she is to be the heir to Bold's throne one day. Bold and Dawn name her Alna.
image.png.456326d9f449f511d5408fd8f9173137.png

During the commotion of a new kitten, Light brings in a new colony-less male. He states his name as Desert.
"I left my birth colony to make a name for myself elsewhere. I wish to join your colony," he asserts.
Bold's ears flatten, not trusting the new male.
"I don't like him much either," whispers Light to Bold, "But we do need more muscle in the clan. he's pretty strong."
"I suppose so," replies Bold begrudgingly.
"You don't need to be so prideful," says Desert with a smirk. "I don't bite. I could be an asset."
"...Sure." Bold squints at the male. "Just find a spot in the den."
image.png.9f63312ba18749749ab967d6848a4727.png

Meanwhile, Quick is growing. His eyes open, and he can now toddle gently behind Breeze. His personality begins to peek out, as well; he is easygoing and well-behaved, and is inquisitive about the colony members. Quick becomes close to his father, Hollow; closer than he is to his mother. Hollow begins to watch quick more so Breeze can go out and enjoy hunting again.
image.png.684b0d18fd4c80600d05bd36b991597c.png
Squirrelmaw becomes friends with Desert, who is having trouble fitting in with Bold as leader.
"I know what it's like to be a new cat in the colony," she says, giving him a warm smile. "Just give them time to accept you, Desert. You'll be okay."

Alna grows into a young kitten, her hazel eyes opening the morning of the summer festival. Bold proudly presents her to the members of the colony, and Dawn passes the responsibility of caring for her onto Bold.
"I don't know, Light," she confesses to her friend. "I don't have motherly instinct. I don't enjoy it. I want to be a guard again. Alna is so quiet and shy, she's nothing like me. I thought I'd be able to train her as she gets older, but she has no interest. And I guess it's fine, Bold loves her and takes care of her, but I just don't feel it."
Bold, meanwhile, adores Alna, and takes great pride in raising her to be a leader of the colony one day.

"Our colony is growing, Alna," he explains. "You're going to be a beautiful and wise leader of this colony one day. And I have great faith in you to lead it."
image.thumb.png.094ed2db7c80cb09bc8ace6b4c28ba65.png

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 2

CHAPTER 5 - DAY 51
CURRENT SEASON: Fall Year 2
STATUS CHECK
Leader: BOLD (Golden male with dark eves)
Doctor: HOLLOW. (Albino male)
Citizen: BREEZE (Chocolate brown female with dark eyes)
Citizen: SQUIRRELMAW (Ginger female with bushy tail and fat muzzle)
Citizen: LIGHT (Muddy tan female with bright blue eyes)
Citizen: QUICK (Pitch black male with dark eyes)
Arrival: Alna (Tan speckled female with hazel eyes)
Arrival: DESERT (Dark red male with tan speckles)

Desert finally one day approaches Squirrelmaw. "Squirrelmaw, I want to ask you something." He smiled at her. "I wish to be your mate."
"Me?" Squirrelmaw flattened her ears, looking into her reflection. "Of all the cats in the colony."
"You've been the kindest to me and the warmest to me," Desert explains. "I'm no angel, but I'll be the best mate the colony can offer you."
"I accept," she says, bowing her head.

Quick, meanwhile, is growing into a handsome adolescent cat. Living up to his name, he has become the fastest runner in the clan, being able to keep up alongside his mother. He often challenges her to races, to which she declines. Hollow entertains him and takes him hunting.
image.png.0640fdba5728cdc2386d36db663e4db5.png
"I wish there were more cats in the clan that were my age," says Quick. "I do love hanging out with you though," he says to his father.
"I understand," says Hollow. "I was lucky at your age to have Breeze and Bold as my friends."
"Mom's no fun."
"Why not try spending time with Alna?" asks Hollow. "She's young, but she'll catch up with you soon."
"I guess."

Soon, Squirrelmaw happily announces to the clan that she'll be having a kitten of her own.
"So, how do you feel about having a kitten?" Hollow asks her.
"I'm really happy," she says, beaming. "But I'll need your advice. I don't know if I'll be doing this right."
"You're going to be great, I promise," says Hollow. "You're going to be a great doctor as well."
"But that's a long way off. You're a great doctor, yourself."
Hollow doesn't respond, but he smiles at her.

The Fall Festival arrives, and the clan spends time together. Bold announces that he wishes to take the colony to a new island, to their surprise. Breeze, Dawn, and Hollow remain unsure.
"I object," says Squirrelmaw, sheepishly. "I really don't want to raise my first kit in unfamiliar territory..."
"I think it's a great idea, Squirrelmaw," says Desert, trying to reassure his mate. "This colony is getting too big for this island."
"I think we should be adventurous!" says Light. "Why not give it a shot?"
"I don't think we should..." says Quick.
"We should go!" Meows Alna, now an adolescent.

Ultimately, the colony decides to move on to their new island- even Quick and Squirrelmaw.

But in the night, Hollow and Breeze come to Bold.
"Bold, I have something very big to ask of you." Hollow's large head hangs low, and he looks unsure. 
"Yes?" Bold asks him. "Anything for you, Hollow. You never ask for anything."
"Breeze and I...."
"Want to stay behind on the island when the clan moves."
"What!?" Bold flattens his ears, shocked.
"We have lived in this colony- happily- for many moons. On this very island. And we're getting old," says Hollow. "I want you to take Quick and look after him wherever the colony chooses to move."
"You can't ask me to do this without you two. We formed the colony together!" But Hollow's somber gaze remains firm, and Bold sighs.
"You have never wronged me. I owe you this, don't I?" Bold asks. "I understand. But I will miss you both dearly."

The colony takes about half of winter to gather supplies for departure. Breeze and Dawn hold an awkward goodbye.
"I'm having another kit," Dawn tells her sister. "It's a shame you'll never get to meet them."
"I know you're angry that I'm staying behind," says Breeze. "But I couldn't be more proud of you. We don't always see eye to eye, but of all of the colony, I'll miss you most."
Dawn doesn't respond at first, but buries her muzzle in her sister's shoulder before turning to leave. After a few heart-beats of silence, she responds. "I'll protect Quick."

image.png.076974c7a4b44376079fe8b35242c06c.png

The colony says their goodbyes, and they are off to explore a new territory.

• Like 1
  • Eek! 2
  • Love 1

CHAPTER 6 - DAY 65
CURRENT SEASON: Winter Year 2
STATUS CHECK
Leader: BOLD (Golden male with dark eves)
Doctor: SQUIRRELMAW (Ginger female with bushy tail and fat muzzle)
Citizen: QUICK (Pitch black male with dark eyes)
Alna (Tan speckled female with hazel eyes)
DESERT (Dark red male with tan speckles)

DEPARTURE: Doctor: HOLLOW. (Albino male)
DEPARTURE: Citizen: BREEZE (Chocolate brown female with dark eyes)

The clan finds themselves upon a large, intimidating island with varying biomes within. It's bigger than any cat has ever seen, except for Bold and Dawn, who were there in the times of the Giant Colony.

Squirrelmaw becomes the Doctor of the colony, Desert becoming her primary emotional support with the loss of her friend Hollow. Quick, who dearly misses his family, becomes close to her since she was close friends with her father.
"I miss him," he says, lying hopelessly beside the ginger she-cat. She smiles gently.
"You're his pride, you know," she says. "He probably misses you just as much, Quick. He always spoke highly of you to me. He talked about you more than he talked about any other cat."
Quick smiles up at her. "I'm sorry to be a bother and vent to you. I just don't know what to do."
"Don't apologize," purrs Squirrelmaw in a motherly manner. "Listening to the sorrows of one's clanmates is one of the most important duties of a doctor."
"Really?" He asks, his ears pricking forward. Squirrelmaw nods. 
The two become good friends this way; they reminisce about Hollow, and Quick learns more about the responsibilities of a doctor.

Finding a proper nest for the pregnant she-cats to settle in proves hard. She finds a comfortable place to nest quite literally the day before she is to give birth, with the help of Bold hopping up on a stump to survey the area.

Squirrelmaw gives birth to a beautiful kitten- a fiery ginger male with blond stripes.
"We can call him Wayward," says Desert. "That's how I feel on this new island, anyway."
From his birth, Wayward is very attached to his mother, and the two share a close bond. Quick takes an interest in the kit, hoping that he will grow up to be his new friend.
"He sure looks like you," he says to Squirrelmaw, fascinated. "His pelt looks just like yours."
image.png.77d442462fdb61877e95d5519e6b5d01.png

The colony celebrates their Winter festival, their first festival on the new island. They're all rather nervous about being in a new place, but with two new kits being born, things are looking pretty optimistic.
image.png.df494043748cb6eef7edb27ad899b8f3.png

Light is approached by a new male, a dark brown and speckled tomcat with bright blue eyes. His name is Spirit, and he has a sunny, friendly personality.
"I request to join your clan," he states.
"I''ll make you a deal," says Bold. "If you show my clan tips on how to survive on this new island, you can live with us.
"You have a deal!" He purrs, flicking his tail.

Despite his happy and bubbly nature, Spirit is a strong cat- stronger than Dawn or Light. He proves to be helpful clearing poison bushes around the new clan territory for food, and for hunting prey quickly and efficiently.
"Why not make him the next guard?" Light suggests to Dawn with a smile. "I enjoy helping out, but I think he could be great."
Dawn flattens her ears. "He's not serious enough, Light. Don't be silly."
image.png.dc7da1b87b27c039a34729b7a8201d8e.png

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, medicine cat said:

CHAPTER 6 - DAY 65
CURRENT SEASON: Winter Year 2
STATUS CHECK
Alna (Tan speckled female with hazel eyes)
DESERT (Dark red male with tan speckles)

DEPARTURE: Doctor: HOLLOW. (Albino male)
DEPARTURE: Citizen: BREEZE (Chocolate brown female with dark eyes)

The clan finds themselves upon a large, intimidating island with varying biomes within. It's bigger than any cat has ever seen, except for Bold and Dawn, who were there in the times of the Giant Colony.

Squirrelmaw becomes the Doctor of the colony, Desert becoming her primary emotional support with the loss of her friend Hollow. Quick, who dearly misses his family, becomes close to her since she was close friends with her father.
"I miss him," he says, lying hopelessly beside the ginger she-cat. She smiles gently.
"You're his pride, you know," she says. "He probably misses you just as much, Quick. He always spoke highly of you to me. He talked about you more than he talked about any other cat."
Quick smiles up at her. "I'm sorry to be a bother and vent to you. I just don't know what to do."
"Don't apologize," purrs Squirrelmaw in a motherly manner. "Listening to the sorrows of one's clanmates is one of the most important duties of a doctor."
"Really?" He asks, his ears pricking forward. Squirrelmaw nods. 
The two become good friends this way; they reminisce about Hollow, and Quick learns more about the responsibilities of a doctor.

Finding a proper nest for the pregnant she-cats to settle in proves hard. She finds a comfortable place to nest quite literally the day before she is to give birth, with the help of Bold hopping up on a stump to survey the area.

Squirrelmaw gives birth to a beautiful kitten- a fiery ginger male with blond stripes.
"We can call him Wayward," says Desert. "That's how I feel on this new island, anyway."
From his birth, Wayward is very attached to his mother, and the two share a close bond. Quick takes an interest in the kit, hoping that he will grow up to be his new friend.
"He sure looks like you," he says to Squirrelmaw, fascinated. "His pelt looks just like yours."
image.png.77d442462fdb61877e95d5519e6b5d01.png

The colony celebrates their Winter festival, their first festival on the new island. They're all rather nervous about being in a new place, but with two new kits being born, things are looking pretty optimistic.
image.png.df494043748cb6eef7edb27ad899b8f3.png

Light is approached by a new male, a dark brown and speckled tomcat with bright blue eyes. His name is Spirit, and he has a sunny, friendly personality.
"I request to join your clan," he states.
"I''ll make you a deal," says Bold. "If you show my clan tips on how to survive on this new island, you can live with us.
"You have a deal!" He purrs, flicking his tail.

Despite his happy and bubbly nature, Spirit is a strong cat- stronger than Dawn or Light. He proves to be helpful clearing poison bushes around the new clan territory for food, and for hunting prey quickly and efficiently.
"Why not make him the next guard?" Light suggests to Dawn with a smile. "I enjoy helping out, but I think he could be great."
Dawn flattens her ears. "He's not serious enough, Light. Don't be silly."
image.png.dc7da1b87b27c039a34729b7a8201d8e.png

her eyes-

image.png.ba27ce245ff4d41801591af2281b9a54.png

• Haha 2

CHAPTER 7 - DAY 72
CURRENT SEASON: Spring Year 2, Summer Year 3
STATUS CHECK
Citizen: ALNA (Tan speckled female with hazel eyes)
Citizen: DESERT (Dark red male with tan speckles)
Arrival: WAYWARD (Bright ginger male with dark eyes)
Arrival: SPIRIT (Brown speckled male with bright blue eyes)

As the first flowers of spring begin to blossom, Squirrelmaw gives birth to another kitten- a golden she-kitten with white spots. They name her Vassie. Vassie is a loud and demanding kit, fussing if Dawn ever leaves her side. Dawn doesn't mind raising Vassie as much as she minded raising Alna, since she's been through it once before.
image.png.e6c6c4416a5f734f114e17c0ccf2164b.png

Meanwhile, Squirrelmaw's son's eyes open, and his personality begins to emerge. Wayward is a serious and quiet young kitten, and isn't that keen on socializing with others his age. He does, however, take a liking to Quick, and the two form a brotherly bond.
image.png.4ed4828bb227c11190829ff080ede2b3.png

Bold's eyesight is declining, and this is to have grave consequences for him. He selects the wrong berry- one from a poison bush- and it's enough to kill him. Squirrelmaw gives her best in trying to save the colony's leader, but he dies the morning of the spring festival. Dawn takes her anger out on Squirrelmaw, saying that she's too focused on her kit to be a doctor. Wayward sees this, and this cements in him a dislike for Dawn. The festival erupts in hisses and raised haunches. An unexpected voice raises over the colony.

"Enough!" Yells Alna, sitting atop the stump on which her father used to sit. "This is a day of peace. As your colony's new leader, I order the fighting to STOP." She glares directly into the eyes of her mother, and Dawn glares straight back at her daughter.
"I miss him too. I do," Alna goes on. "But arguing and going at each other's necks will NOT bring him back, nor is it anything that he would want." The small adolescent she-cat speaks with all the authority that Bold once did, and after a moment of tension, the festival continues on awkwardly without any more arguing.

image.png.44481388716e740a08aac0ac6d8c85b7.png

The change in leadership throws the colony out of balance for a while, but the members are almost all impressed with young Alna's leadership. Dawn resents her daughter's new sense of authority and focuses her attention on Vassie, but Light and Spirit praise Alna for her maturity. Wayward continues to distrust Alna since Dawn is her mother. Desert and Squirrelmaw also show support for Alna, but Vassie, eyes now open and personality emerging, shows a lack of respect toward her sister and does what she can to pester her.

Vassie is growing into a rebellious and mischievous young kitten. Some cats of the colony find her annoying, but Alna tries to be understanding since Vassie is growing up without Bold.
image.png.965f8e596b2098630357c2c436b721b6.png
Despite her young age, whispers are going about the clan about who Alna will make her mate- she is going to be queen, after all. Eyes shift to Quick, since the two are similar in age.

"I think you should give Quick a shot," mews Light, nudging Alna playfully. Alna winces.
"I'm just trying to figure out to run this colony right now," the young she-cat sighs. "I don't know what I'm doing."
"Which is why you need a companion!"
"I've barely ever talked to Quick!"
"Give him a shot, then! Ask him to go hunting. He's the fastest cat in the whole colony."
"I guess." After some hesitation, Alna simply approaches Quick, asking him to hunt with her.
"Sure," the dark tom replies. Soon, Alna feels less tense around Quick- he doesn't seem to be uncomfortable around her at all, and actually shows her some hunting tactics. I guess no one has mentioned us becoming mates to him, she thinks to herself.

Soon, Squirrelmaw announces that she is pregnant again. She transfers the care of young Wayward over to Desert, but it is soon realized that the two don't get along very well. Wayward doesn't like how loud his father is. Desert, meanwhile, thinks his son lacks ambition and fighting spirit.
"You're going to be a citizen in charge of helping keep this colony safe one day! Fight like a real tom," hisses Desert.
"He's just a kitten," hisses Quick, stepping in. "Let me watch him."
"Suit yourself, but he's no fun," says Desert, padding off to hunt.
"Don't listen to him," Quick says, resting a supportive paw on Wayward's shoulder. "Your dad's never been the most responsible cat. Or the most pleasant one."
"I'd rather hang out with you or Mom," says Wayward. Quick instead starts caring for Wayward more, acting like a brother for him. 

Wayward grows into a handsome adolescent tom, and begins to enjoy foraging more. He has become a fast runner training with Quick, and his speed rivals Quick's.
image.png.68e6fe99b0112361fb3a2a2d78f340f9.png

The Summer festival arrives, and the colony celebrates a prosperous summer season. Feeling the breeze brush against her muzzle, she realizes it's been a whole season since her father died, and she'd been leading the colony all of summer now. "I hope I'm making you proud, Bold."
image.png.8bafc04162a3f185acf24e9a6e7f16ce.png

• Eek! 1
  • Love 1

CHAPTER 8 - DAY 90 CURRENT SEASON: Fall Year 3
STATUS CHECK
Leader: ALNA (Tan speckled female with hazel eyes)
Doctor: SQUIRRELMAW (Ginger female with bushy tail and flat muzzle)
Citizen: LIGHT (Muddy tan female with bright blue eyes)
Citizen: QUICK (Pitch black male with dark eyes)
Citizen: DESERT (Dark red male with tan speckles)
Citizen: WAYWARD (Bright ginger male with dark eyes)
Citizen: SPIRIT (Brown speckled male with bright blue eyes)
Arrival: Citizen: VASSIE (Golden female with white spots and dark eyes)
DEATHS
Leader: BOLD (Golden male with dark eyes)

As fall sets in, the colony faces an enemy of frightening strength for the first time. A fearsome bearyena confronts the cats after springing from the tall grass, and the cats leap into action. Dawn grabs Vassie and takes her from the danger as soon as possible, and Squirrelmaw stays behind a thorn bush but is careful to watch for any cats who may be injured. Wayward performs the first blow before quickly backing from the creature, and Quick runs to get the other colony cats who are on the other side of the territory on patrol.
Spirit charges at the Bearyena and performs two blows. Knowing he can't fight the bearyena alone, Dawn shoves Vassie under some brambles and charges at the bearyena.
The bearyena strikes Dawn, raking its claws down her right flank. Hissing in pain, Dawn looks up at the creature and sees the perfect opportunity for attack. She goes straight to its throat, taking it down. Dawn is victorious and the clan is safe, but her flank is damaged. Squirrelmaw immediately rushes to her aid, assisting her back to the den where her leg can be treated.

"I don't need help," groans Dawn, despite wincing with every step.
"If you don't get it bandaged, it'll get infected," replies Squirrelmaw, flattening her ears. "I know you're not a fan of me, but let me take care of you. Please."
Begrudgingly, Dawn settles in the nest of the medicine den. Squirrelmaw begins work on her leg.
"You'll need to rest for a few days, and you'll have a nasty scar there," says Squirrelmaw, "but you'll be back to guarding in no time."
"Lovely," groans Dawn.

Quick grows into an adult tomcat, and Vassie grows into an adolescent.
image.png.5ac2ae9810920282d9c5cae615192b21.png

Vassie has began to make a name for herself as a rebel in the clan, staying out late and worrying her clanmates. It seems that there's something more to Vassie's rage than just teen angst, but Vassie refuses to open up to her clanmates.

Alna, meanwhile, has been talking more to Quick. She does admit he has grown into an attractive tom, and they enjoy their time together. 
"Why don't you ask him to be mates soon? He seems to enjoy your company," comments Light as she swipes her claws at a bird.
"I have been considering it," Alna admits.
"Then go for it!"

Squirrelmaw gives birth to the kitten she's been expecting- another tom. He is a pure ginger male with dark eyes. He's named Blazemane. Blazemane is a friendly and easy kitten.
image.png.f5426b39c4318a9b0f38033f5a090cec.png

Dawn and Light die in a drowning incident, and the colony mourns them; Spirit becomes the head guard of the colony due to his impressive strength.
Alna sits upon the coast of the island, letting the breeze rush through her fur. Quick comes to sit beside her.
"How are you feeling?"
"As good as one can feel when her mother and close friend drown, I suppose." Alna's tone is not aggressive, but Quick can sense the sadness in her.
"I know what it's like to have to leave your parents behind," Quick says. He rests his tail, softly, on hers. "It's not easy. And I'm sure you're in a lot of pain."
"I wasn't always on the best terms with my mother," says Alna, flattening her ears. "I wish I could have made that whole before..."
"You're trying to hold a whole colony together, Alna. You can't lead some perfect life."
Alna doesn't respond. Quick buries his muzzle in her shoulder. "I'm here for you, Alna."
"Thank you, quick."

Begrudgingly, Vassie one day approaches Spirit.
"I want to apprentice you in guarding the colony."
Spirit flattens his ears uncomfortably. Vassie? As guard? Of all the cats...
"Vassie, you disappear late into the night. You're barely in the colony half of the time. How could you hold a position as guard?"
"I"m young, okay?" Vassie hisses, raising her tail. "I have plenty of time to learn, you know."
Spirit sighs, looking at Vassie's frame. She's an average-sized cat, but Spirit can't see her taking on a bearyena or rival cat. "You could easily get killed, Vassie. What would Alna say if I got her sister injured in-"
"Forget about my sister," hisses Vassie. "It's none of her business what I do." After a moment, her haunches lower. "Look. Just.. give me a chance, Spirit. Please."
Spirit sighs. "We start training tomorrow, Vassie."

Vassie spends a day training with Spirit. She has work to do, but she does show promise- she's no less strong than other cats in the colony. Vassie doesn't see this, however, and easily gets frustrated when she has trouble learning a new tactic. After they finish training for the day, Spirit takes her to the lake for a drink.
"I just want to be like my mother," Vassie elaborates, looking into her reflection. "Alna's just like my dad was, or what I was told of him. All I had was my mother. And look at me!" She hisses. "I just want to be a guard, and I'll never be strong like Dawn was. And I'm not half as strong as you. I don't know why I even try."
"Who are you trying to prove yourself to?" Asks Spirit. "I think that as long as you put in the time, you'll be a great guard. You don't have to be as strong as I am- you're smart. Smarter than you want other cats to know. We may not always get along, but you do have potential. You mustn't ignore it."

Alna grows into an adult she-cat. She decides that it's time to tell Quick how she feels, and approaches him one day.

image.png.a4d47dcd07a1e99ac8880df6b1f6053d.png
"Quick, I have a question for you." She approaches him in a quiet part of camp, where other cats aren't watching.
"Go ahead," he says, bowing his head in greeting.
"I... As leader of the colony... I need someone beside me. I can't do this alone. And... and you're smart, Quick. And kind. And don't feel pressured to say yes, but... I'd love to be your mate, if you'd have me."
Quick rests his muzzle upon her forehead. "Of course, Alna."

The colony is abuzz with the fact that Alna and Quick are together now, and the cats wonder when the two will have kittens. Their marriage is celebrated at the fall festival.
image.thumb.png.16d4173661c150459d4074af3872d926.png

• Like 1
  • Love 2

CHAPTER 9 - DAY 101 CURRENT SEASON: Winter Year 3
STATUS CHECK
Leader: ALNA (Tan speckled female with hazel eyes)
Doctor: SQUIRRELMAW (Ginger female with bushy tail and flat muzzle)
Citizen: WAYWARD (Bright ginger male with dark eyes)
Citizen: SPIRIT (Brown speckled male with bright blue eyes)
Citizen: VASSIE (Golden female with white spots and dark eyes)

Spirit is patrolling one day, and orders Vassie to trace the perimeter of the territory. Vassie's patrol is going well, until she catches an unfamiliar scent and pursues it. She encounters a young male tom, even younger than her. He flattens his ears at the sight of her, backing up slowly.
"And what are you doing on Tiny Colony land?" she hisses, flattening her ears. "Who are you, anyway?"
"M-my name is Olaf," he explains, his tail hung low. "I'm just looking for a place to stay. My humans left me here, and... I don't know what I'm doing."
"Humans?" Vassie tilts her head to the side. "Not sure why you're interested in humans anyways. The good life is out here." She sits up proudly.
The two strike up a conversation about what it's like as a human's cat versus colony life, and Spirit comes up behind them.

"And what's all this?" Spirit asks. Vassie backs up, embarrassed. "Looks like you're chatting up a rogue." Olaf shrinks from Spirit, terrified, but Spirit smiles after a moment. "I think we should take him to Alna to see if we can make him a colony cat."
"I've got no hunting experience. Or fighting," Olaf admits.
"He's lived with humans," elaborates Vassie.
"He's young," says Spirit. "He can easily be taught. C'mon." Olaf is taken to Alna and made a colony member.
image.png.3eb626923d49951c0e4673f4032a198b.png

"I was going to fight him-" Vassie later explains to Spirit, trying to defend the way she was behaving with a rogue.
"I don't think you did anything wrong," Spirit interrupts her. Vassie looks shocked. "Vassie, as a guard of the colony, you protect it, but you're also the first cat rogues will see before they potentially join us. Treating a new cat with dignity is extremely important, since it can turn a potential enemy into a friend." 

Olaf begins spending time with Quick, who offers to teach him how to hunt and forage. Olaf is generally well-liked by the cats of the colony, except for Wayward, who doesn't like that Quick is hanging out with him less due to being married and training Olaf.

Blazemane's eyes open, and his personality begins to show more. He's a gentle and friendly kitten, and admires his older brother, Wayward. Since Wayward hasn't got much else to do, he spends time bonding with his brother.
image.png.861b0755e0715ac41d848e47e95838c6.png

Desert dies of old age, and the colony mourns him; especially Squirrelmaw. She finds comfort in Quick.
"I'm worried about my kittens," she admits. "Blazemane especially. He lost his father so young... And I remember how that hurt Vassie." She looks at the pitch black tom. 
"I don't think Blazemane is going to miss out," replies Quick. "He's got so many cats around him ready to love him." Quick has negative feelings about Desert, but feels that now is not the best time to bring them up.

The colony celebrates their winter festival. Spirit decides to strike up a conversation with Alna about having kittens.
"We're in a very prosperous time for the colony," he explains. "I think that you should really consider going for starting a family, Alna." He smiles, but Alna flattens her ears in discomfort.
"We're waiting for the right time," she explains. "I didn't think it would be good to prepare for kittens during winter..."
"I guess," says Spirit. "But you've got the best guard around to protect your kittens!" He smiles.

image.png.eaf6b67fb7811e8951469001529a66f1.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

CHAPTER 10 - DAY 111 CURRENT SEASON: Spring Year 3, Summer Year 4
STATUS CHECK
Guard: SPIRIT (Brown speckled male with bright blue eyes)
Citizen: WAYWARD (Bright ginger male with blond stripes and dark eyes)
ARRIVAL: Citizen: OLAF (Red male with dark eyes)
ARRIVAL: Citizen: BLAZEMANE (Bright ginger male with dark eyes)

DEATHS:

As he watches Olaf train, Spirit begins to have conflicting feelings about who he will make Guard when he dies. He knows that Vassie wants the part, but Olaf is faster on his paws and Spirit believes him to be more responsible. He consults Alna about this.
"I know Vassie's your sister, and you're not on the best terms, but I don't want to break her heart if I choose Olaf."
Alna's tale sways back and forth as she thinks. "I mean, Vassie can always still help out."
"I guess so. I just feel guilty, Alna."
"Don't feel guilty, you're doing what's best for the colony." But Alna, too, feels a sense of dread in her chest for Vassie's reaction when she one day discovers she wasn't chosen to be Guard.

Blazemane grows into an adolescent, and begins to show prowess in hunting.
image.png.2022957329a6a80911b073b61e6dd7d1.png
But another challenge faces the colony- another Bearyena confronts them. The creature, however, is immediately attacked with the teamwork of Spirit and Olaf- Vassie is on the other side of the territory patrolling. Alna also contributes to fighting off the creature. Vassie doesn't get to the Bearyena in time, and only sees the aftermath. She sees Spirit's approval of Olaf, however, and curses herself for not being there to fight the creature in time.

At the Spring festival, Alna has an exciting announcement to make.
"I know Quick and I have been asked many times about when we plan to have kits," purrs Alna. "We're happy to announce that we are expecting a kitten soon!" The colony is abuzz in interest.
image.thumb.png.43b1085c1ce86ad8f0c707b20ae81e64.png

Wayward grows into a full adult tomcat.
image.png.8be9b28220368c685135132e1e6d9542.png

At the summer festival, something special happens- Alna and Quick's son is born. To the clan's shock, he looks neither like his mother nor his father- he is a flaming red color, only having his mother's snout and his father's mane.
image.png.29c3409138fab0dd54a4d02689f007d0.png
"Just look at that pelt!" Marvels Squirrelmaw, who had helped oversee the birth. "It's beautiful. What'll you call him?"
"I think we should call him Sparkpaw," purrs Alna.
"Sparkpaw is perfect," purrs Quick.
image.thumb.png.0133cf6654039a3d296a72fdc0dec008.png

• Eek! 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, medicine cat said:

(shouldn't you list dawn and light as dead?)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, medicine cat said:

CHAPTER 10 - DAY 111 CURRENT SEASON: Spring Year 3, Summer Year 4
STATUS CHECK

DEATHS:

As he watches Olaf train, Spirit begins to have conflicting feelings about who he will make Guard when he dies. He knows that Vassie wants the part, but Olaf is faster on his paws and Spirit believes him to be more responsible. He consults Alna about this.
"I know Vassie's your sister, and you're not on the best terms, but I don't want to break her heart if I choose Olaf."
Alna's tale sways back and forth as she thinks. "I mean, Vassie can always still help out."
"I guess so. I just feel guilty, Alna."
"Don't feel guilty, you're doing what's best for the colony." But Alna, too, feels a sense of dread in her chest for Vassie's reaction when she one day discovers she wasn't chosen to be Guard.

Blazemane grows into an adolescent, and begins to show prowess in hunting.
image.png.2022957329a6a80911b073b61e6dd7d1.png
But another challenge faces the colony- another Bearyena confronts them. The creature, however, is immediately attacked with the teamwork of Spirit and Olaf- Vassie is on the other side of the territory patrolling. Alna also contributes to fighting off the creature. Vassie doesn't get to the Bearyena in time, and only sees the aftermath. She sees Spirit's approval of Olaf, however, and curses herself for not being there to fight the creature in time.

At the Spring festival, Alna has an exciting announcement to make.
"I know Quick and I have been asked many times about when we plan to have kits," purrs Alna. "We're happy to announce that we are expecting a kitten soon!" The colony is abuzz in interest.
image.thumb.png.43b1085c1ce86ad8f0c707b20ae81e64.png

Wayward grows into a full adult tomcat.
image.png.8be9b28220368c685135132e1e6d9542.png

At the summer festival, something special happens- Alna and Quick's son is born. To the clan's shock, he looks neither like his mother nor his father- he is a flaming red color, only having his mother's snout and his father's mane.
image.png.29c3409138fab0dd54a4d02689f007d0.png
"Just look at that pelt!" Marvels Squirrelmaw, who had helped oversee the birth. "It's beautiful. What'll you call him?"
"I think we should call him Sparkpaw," purrs Alna.
"Sparkpaw is perfect," purrs Quick.
image.thumb.png.0133cf6654039a3d296a72fdc0dec008.png

A neon child

• Like 1

CHAPTER 11 - DAY 131 CURRENT SEASON: Fall Year 4
STATUS CHECK
Citizen: BLAZEMANE (Bright ginger male with dark eyes)
Citizen: OLAF (Red male with dark eyes)
Arrival: Citizen: SPARKPAW (Fiery red male with blond mane)

Vassie grows into a full adult she-cat.
Spirit dies of an illness. In the days before his death, after much thought, he chooses Vassie as the guard of the colony.
"You picked me?" Vassie asks, tilting her head to one side. "Why?"
"It's your dream. I know it is." Spirit purrs weakly. "Olaf is talented, but I know how bad you've wanted this, and for how long. You'll be a great guard, Vassie."

Olaf also grows into a fully-grown cat.
image.png.f2450675625b27688564d0fa9199caa5.png

Sparkpaw's eyes open, and his personality emerges- he's a timid kitten, and sticks close by his mother, who showers him in affection like her father did her. She teaches him early the responsibilities of a colony leader.
image.png.8f368aa7c3223b8ae565779753ab89d0.png

The colony celebrates their fall festival, and winter begins. In the dead of winter, the colony is approached by a bearyena. Olaf and Wayward are the cats ti confront it first. The creature flees, and Olaf pursues and kills it. But Squirrelmaw catches another scent aside from the Bearyena's, and follows it to a rustling in the bushes. There, she finds a terrified kitten, not old enough to live without a mother. Her eyes are not even open.
"It's a kitten!" Gasps Squirrelmaw. The kitten itself is unharmed, but fresh blood is around it. "It looks like her mother died protecting her."

"I'll raise her as my own," states Alna immediately. She pulls the kitten close to her. "Quick, watch Sparkpaw, please," she says while licking the kitten. Quick nods.
image.png.32b49c4d5b07b00157516cc89c2900d7.png
Squirrelmaw dies of old age, and all of the cats of the colony mourn her loss. Quick takes his place as the Doctor of the colony. 

Blossom becomes the fascination of the colony, interested to see a kitten from another place. Alna asks that the kitten should not under any circumstances be treated like she wasn't born in the colony, when her eyes open, and should be told that she was born there.  The colony agrees. Blossom's personality begins to show, and it's that of a fierce and brave she-cat. She loves to play-fight with her clanmates, especially her older brother Sparkpaw- much to his annoyance. She's a bit disobedient, which frustrates Alna, but she loves her just the same.
"Looks like she'll grow up to be a fighter," purrs Olaf with amusement, nudging his friend Quick.
"She's going to be a handful, that's for sure," Quick responds, flicking his tail.

image.png.45eb6a8d8fcf595b05407de0203c97ce.png

The winter festival once again returns, and the cats of the colony celebrate.
image.png.67090f6c346161b1c4b63897d75c6709.png

• Eek! 1
  • Love 2

CHAPTER 12 - DAY 151 CURRENT SEASON: Spring Year 4
STATUS CHECK
Guard: VASSIE (Golden female with white spots and dark eyes)
Doctor: QUICK (Pitch black male with dark eyes)
Citizen: SPARKPAW (Fiery red male with blond mane)
Arrival: Citizen: Blossom (Brown she-cat with dark eyes)

DEATHS

Blossom grows old enough to be watched primarily by Quick, and Sparkpaw resumes his lessons on learning how to lead the colony with Alna. Blossom becomes jealous when she discovers that Sparkpaw will one day be colony leader.
"Why can't I lead the colony?" Blossom asks, glaring up at her father impatiently.
"Well, Sparkpaw's the oldest," meows Quick. "It's not anything you've done wrong, we just all have roles to do here. I'm a doctor, for instance. Your aunt Vassie is the guard. Your mother loves you just as much as she does Sparkpaw."

Blossom grows interest in Vassie, since Vassie is also the younger sister of a ruler. 
"It's no fair," grumbles the young kitten.
"I know the feeling, believe me," meows Vassie, settling down beside the kitten. "But you can beat 'em by getting your own job in the colony, and doing all you can with it." Vassie smiles proudly. "I'm the guard around here."
"What's that like?" Blossom asks curiously. Vassie elaborates on what guards in the colony do, and the two begin to form a friendship. 

Blazemane grows into a fully adult tom.
image.png.d11d1a5cc41ad60bf5e8bf3095b5cbf3.png

Alna announces that she is pregnant again, and the colony is surprised that she'll be having a third kitten- the largest amount of kittens in colony history. But the joy is cut short when a bearyena approaches the colony.

Olaf, Vassie, Wayward, and Blazemane team up to fight the creature. They manage to take it down, but before it dies, it goes straight for Wayward. It rakes its claws across the right side of his face and down his right back leg, knocking him back. Enraged, Blazemane finishes the Bearyena off and rushes his brother to Quick to tend his wounds.
"He's definitely going to be blinded," quick says solemnly to Blazemane, bandaging his wounds. "I don't think be able to fight like that ever again."

Wayward takes this news harshly when he comes back into consciousness. He walks with a limp in his back leg now, and has a scar over his right eye. He becomes withdrawn, refusing to talk to most anyone in the colony.
"Wayward, please," insists Quick. "Talk to me."
"I'll never run with you again. I can't fight, and I can barely hunt. Can you blame me for being bitter?" His ears are flat as he stares at the doctor.
"I don't blame you at all," his friend replies. "But you're still valuable to the colony." He smiles. "You know, I need an apprentice doctor..."
Wayward sighs. "I guess that's worth a shot."

Blossom grows into a teenaged cat. She begins spending more time with Vassie, and is interested in being a guard.

The colony enjoys their spring festival.
image.png.10856ef285f6a0a4698e464b5f020519.png

image.png

• Eek! 1
  • Love 1

CHAPTER 12 - DAY 161 CURRENT SEASON: Summer Year 5
STATUS CHECK
Guard: VASSIE (Golden female with white spots and dark eyes)
Doctor: QUICK (Pitch black male with dark eyes)
Citizen: SPARKPAW (Fiery red male with blond mane)
Citizen: Blossom (Brown she-cat with dark eyes)

Alna's third kit is born, this time a daughter who looks much like her father. She's a tortoiseshell cat, black with red patches. 
"We can call her Shadowslip," purrs Quick.
Shadowslip is an active kit, often crawling over Alna and Quick, and sometimes her siblings. She prefers Quick out of her two parents, being much more attached to him.
Sparkpaw finds Shadowslip rather annoying, but Blossom and Shadowslip become fast friends and bond closely almost from Shadowslip's birth. Alna finds the kitten tiring to care for due to her demands, but Blossom delights in her fiery personality at such a young age.
image.png.c85b1dd744da78d44b3607874faa8c70.png

The colony celebrates their summer festival. 

image.thumb.png.e96c727ea88790a2b07bf86452965e9b.png

At the festival, Vassie finds a curious male lurking in the bushes, watching the ceremony.
"Can I help you?" She asks firmly, her tail swishing impatiently. He bows his head respectfully.
"I was hoping to join your colony," he explains. "My name's Sandfang."
"I suppose we could give you a shot," says Vassie. He is taken to Alna and initiated into the clan.
image.png.666bc504204c16ec7d59822a72cd2e8e.png

Sandfang quickly fits into the clan, befriending Quick, Olaf, and Wayward. 
"You look like an impressive fighter," Vassie comments, looking at Sandfang's claws. "Ever thought of being a guard?"
"Maybe. I don't know if I'm a good fighter. I don't have much experience," Sandfang replies, flustered.
"Then train with me," suggests Vassie, smiling. "It's worth a shot."

Shadowslip's eyes open, and she begins to follow around Quick and Blossom, depending on her mood.
image.png.595ec17b17188da343ab9dd6ff5a9dcf.png
A bearyena approaches the colony, baring its teeth.
"Hey, Sandfang! Now's your chance!" orders Vassie firmly, charging at the bearyena. Vassie begins fighting it to distract it, and Sandfang catches his breath as he charges it. Here goes nothing!
And... with his fangs and his claws, Sandfang quickly takes the bearyena down with Vassie without the bearyena hurting anyone in the colony.
"You.... You're spectacular," says Vassie, amazed, stepping toward Sandfang. "I've never seen a cat fight like you; not once in my life." She grins, and Sandfang looks at his paws.
"It's nothing. I just want to keep my clanmates safe.." He smiles at her.

Another Bearyena attacks the colony and is taken down by Vassie and Sandfang. The creature leaves behind a friendly bearyena, and the colony offers it meat to befriend it.

The colony celebrates their fall festival.
image.png.bf044da4bcf675e42b93f0e538eba606.png

• Eek! 2
  • Love 1