Stray Fawn Community

The Tiny Colony: A Cattails-Style Playthrough

medicine cat

CHAPTER 26 - DAY 481 CURRENT SEASON: Summer Year 12
STATUS CHECK
Leader: VICTOR (Blond tom with dark eyes and sharp fangs)
Guard: BRUTE (Ginger tom with dark eyes and a crooked left front leg)
Doctor: KITRO (Tan tomcat with brown speckles)
Citizen: SHADOWTHORN (Black, scar-ridden she-cat with rough, wiry fur)
Arrival: Citizen: RUBYBEAM (Dark red she-cat with gray flecks and dark eyes)
DEATHS:
Doctor: Citizen: DUSTY (Golden she-cat with yellow eyes and a flat face)

Victor grows into a full-grown adult cat.
"Rootpaw would be proud," says Shadowthorn.

image.png.cbde77ebcc009edadcaf369153fb76d5.png
The cats of the colony enjoy a relatively peaceful summer and celebrate their Summer festival, and their Fall festival.
image.png.6cf7326abed59f761c0853ec0c381e8e.png
"I'd like to introduce new cats to the colony," Victor says at the summer festival. "I think we've got a lot to offer wild cats, and we need higher numbers!"
"I hope we can find some cats," says Brute. 

A bearyena comes to the clan, and attacks it. Brute, Victor and Rubybeam team up to fight it, but it once again, with her terrible luck, somehow attacks Shadowthorn and kills her. (Author's note: SERIOUSLY. They always attack her. WHY.) The cats of the colony are brokenhearted, especially Rubybeam, who loved her. (I PROMISE I'LL GET A SHIP FOR YOU ALL WHERE THEY DON'T DIE THIS WAS NOT INTENDED TO HAPPEN)

Enraged, Rubybeam is the one to take the bearyena down, and collapses in exhaustion besides Shadowthorn's body.
"She was a fighter her whole life," says Victor, nuzzling Rubybeam comfortingly. "She cared about you so much, Rubybeam."

Kitro also dies of old age, leaving the colony down to three cats. Rubybeam takes his place as doctor, but she is getting old herself. Victor worries for the colony's future.

"I don't know what I'm going to do, Brute," confesses Victor. "I'm scared."
"Your dad wasn't afraid of anything," says Brute. "He charged into things; without thinking, even. But he always pulled through. You're going to pull our colony through this, Victor."

Thankfully, Victor's prayers are partly answered; one day, Brute brings a lone male into camp. He has dark brown fur and black mane.
"I found someone interested in joining the colony," says Brute. 
"Wonderful!" says Victor, excitedly. He looks the male up and down- he is young and strong, a little younger than Victor. "Glad to meet you. What's your name?" 
"My name is Roughrunner," replies the male, bowing his head. His voice is soft and he's very quiet and shy, a stark contrast from his bulky, muscular build. "I was trained in a warrior colony."
"We will take any kind of cat," meows Victor. "Do you know anyone on this island who would want to join a colony?"
Roughrunner shakes his head. "This area is largely abandoned, if I'm honest. You'll want to move if you're looking for more cats."
Victor nods, looking at the ground. He'll have to consider that.
image.png.65a05f8573754e160660f8e8db76c19f.png

But the colony gets lucky, finding one more cat. Brute brings in a young, pretty she-cat with chocolate brown eyes.
"I'd like to join your colony," she says, approaching Brute and Victor first this time. "My name's Quickburst. I'm small, but a fierce hunter." She flicks her tail, sure of herself. "I also know a thing or two about medicine."
"You're welcome to join us," says Victor.
image.png.1a2dfa18746b7ff21695b92f0000b4c9.png

"Perhaps we should try to stay in the colony's current territory one more season," Victor says to Brute at the Winter festival. "We've found two more cats here."
"We can try," says Brute. "But we should move on if things aren't looking up by the end of Spring."
image.thumb.png.665d76cb1d53b079311296f1a17ff1a8.png
(Left to right: Rubybeam, Victor, Quickburst, Roughrunner, and Brute)

• Like 2

CHAPTER 27 - DAY 511 CURRENT SEASON: Spring Year 12
STATUS CHECK
Doctor: Citizen: RUBYBEAM (Dark red she-cat with gray flecks and dark eyes)
Arrival: Citizen: ROUGHRUNNER (Bulky, dark brown male with black mane)
Arrival: Citizen: QUICKBURST (Dusty tan she-cat with chocolate brown eyes)

DEATHS
Citizen: SHADOWTHORN (Black, scar-ridden she-cat with rough, wiry fur)
Doctor: KITRO (Tan tomcat with brown speckles)

The colony finds another young, adolescent cat. He has golden fur and dark eyes.
"My name is Blitz," he says, bowing respectfully to Victor. "I'm a young cat looking for a colony."
"And we're a small colony looking for cats," says Victor. "Welcome."
image.png.d6383392dc74829132c45ea34baa260c.png

"Why are you traveling out of your colony so young?" Asks Victor.
"I come from a line of nomads," says Blitz. "It's in my blood. But I wanted a permanent colony to move around with."
"Well, you could be of some help to us!" Says Victor. "I'm moving my colony after the Spring festival to a new island. I could use some advice."
"You want advice from me?" Blitz is shocked. "I'm just a teen."
"Yes, but I want all the minds I can get in on this!" says Victor. The two become like brothers; Victor appreciates Blitz's different way of looking at things, while Blitz appreciates Victor valuing his opinion.

Meanwhile, Brute approaches Victor a few nights before the colony is to move.
"Victor, I want you to make Roughrunner the new head guard and let me retire on this island," says Brute. "I was born here, and I wish to live my last seasons here."
Victor is sad to see Brute go, but understands. "Of course. It won't be the same without you, Brute."
"You've got a colony of young, smart cats you're making. Have faith in them, Victor."

Rubybeam dies of old age, and Quickburst is made the young new doctor.

Finally, the big day arrives, and Victor, Roughrunner, Quickburst, and Blitz head off for a new island. They say goodbye to Brute and head north.

"Where are we?" Asks Quickburst, confused.
"We're in an archipelago," meows Blitz.
"I've never seen a place like this before," says Victor.
"Neither have I," says Roughrunner.
image.png.4e447efd5c0a8c77a2721aae12a2c863.png

• Like 3

CHAPTER 28 - DAY 520 CURRENT SEASON: Summer Year 13
STATUS CHECK
Guard: ROUGHRUNNER (Bulky, dark brown male with black mane)
Doctor: QUICKBURST (Dusty tan she-cat with chocolate brown eyes)
Arrival: Citizen: BLITZ (Golden tom with dark eyes)

DEPARTURES
Doctor: Citizen: RUBYBEAM (Dark red she-cat with gray flecks and dark eyes)

The colony spends their summer exploring the new islands in the archipelago. Food is plentiful, and all that is really lacking is enough cats.
"Don't you need to have an heir or something?" Blitz asks Victor, who flattens his ears.
"I've been trying to get on that."
"You're a bit old to still be trying to get on that," jokes Blitz. Victor is not amused.
"I'll find someone on these islands. It's a huge place."

Summer turns to Fall, and with the arrival of fall comes the colony's first threat in the archipelago. A bearyena confronts the cats.
Roughrunner is frankly terrified. He charges at the bearyena- and misses. The creature bites his hindquarter and throws him back, clawing at his chest. Victor comes and helps take the creature down, and Quickburst takes Roughrunner back to the doctor's den.
"He'll be able to fight again," says Quickburst matter-of-factly. "He just will have scars."
Victor nods, but feels a pit in his stomach. He remembers Shadowthorn and the scars she got over and over from battling bearyenas. He hopes his new guard does not suffer the same fate.

Fall ends, and it is time for the fall festival. 
image.png.26cb002d9ea264bd833cf3b98e986c1a.png

Quickburst grows into a full adult she-cat, and the cats of the colony find her beautiful.
image.png.0f96e69a3328df27c2fde55b1b84c927.png

The colony is once again attacked by a bearyena. It ambushes Roughrunner, biting off his tail. He yowls in pain, turning around to face the creature. The bearyena is attacking Blitz, and swipes at his leg, knocking him off his feet. Roughrunner is given another burst of energy despite his pain to save his clanmate and takes down the bearyena. Quickburst patches up his wound.

Speaking of Quickburst, the cats of the colony notice that she has been uncharacteristically silent lately. The usual bold and extroverted she-cat has kept mostly to herself, and this concerns many of the cats of the colony, especially Victor.
"Do you think she's avoiding us because of something that I did?" Victor asks Blitz, flattening his ears. Blitz shakes his head.
"I don't believe so, Victor. You've been kind to her."
"I sure hope not. I feel about her a certain way, Blitz." Blitz looks up at Victor. "A way I have not felt about most she-cats. She's so intelligent, and she's brave. She's a doctor but she'll fight a bearyena right alongside the rest of us."
"Have you thought of telling her how you feel?"
"Ironically, I've never been so scared to do such a thing in my life," says Victor. "I don't know what she'd say."
"I think it'd be a good move," says Blitz. "But that's my two cents."

The colony soon finds out at the winter festival why Quickburst has been so withdrawn.
image.png.f358e43c996416d5dd3fc2c4cea2d5bd.png
"I can't hide it any longer," she says, stepping forward. "I've been keeping a secret from the colony. I'm going to be having a kitten."
"You're WHAT?" The colony is shocked. Victor feels his heart drop- does Quickburst have feelings for another cat? One in his colony?
"I had a relationship with a rogue." Quickburst says, keeping her head high and ignoring the reactions of the colony. "This relationship is now over, but I have realized I am expecting his kitten. I will be having one towards the end of Spring." (AUTHOR'S NOTE: The rogue was a friendly bearyena, if that helps)

The colony is abuzz with this information. Blitz comes to talk to victor after the festival.
"How are you feeling?" Blitz asks him.
"Happy," says Victor. "This colony has not had kittens born in it in years." But really, Victor is mostly relieved that Quickburst wasn't in love with the rogue she was having kits with.
"This doesn't change how you feel about her?" Blitz's voice is curious, but not judgemental. "You must really care about her, Victor. But I'd wait a little before asking her to be your mate. She's going through a lot right now, I bet."

• Like 3

CHAPTER 29 - DAY 551 CURRENT SEASON: Spring Year 13
STATUS CHECK
Arrival: Citizen: BLITZ (Golden tom with dark eyes)

Roughrunner brings a strange ginger she-cat to the colony. 
"She wanted to join us," he states to Victor.
"My name's Shelby," she says gently. "I'm a former pet cat. I'm looking for a place to stay." Her smile is warm.
"We'll teach you how to survive in the wild," says Victor. "Welcome to the colony. Roughrunner, teach her how to fend for herself."
Roughrunner begins teaching Shelby how to fight, and she shows interest in the art of battle. He makes her his guard apprentice.
image.png.16bdecaaf3bfbaf3d6b6c4fc3d1327dd.png

Meanwhile, Blitz grows into a full adult. 
image.png.4a1b3e57ac09fef4efae067c2df6d751.png

Finally, Victor approaches Quickburst.
"Quickburst, I have a question for you." Quickburst is sorting herbs in the doctor's den.
"I'm not in the mood to play twenty questions today, Victor," says Quickburst. Her tone is joking, but Victor can tell that she's stressed.
"What's wrong?" Victor asks.
"I.." Exasperated, she tosses down her herbs. "I don't know what I'm going to do. I have to be a doctor for this colony, but I don't know if this colony even trusts me after the stupid fling I had with that rogue. I don't know how to raise a kitten, either. I feel like I'm raising a kitten alone and it's not even here yet."
"That's part of what I wanted to come and talk about," meows Victor. He gulps and shakily steps forward. "I'm... I'm willing to help you raise that kitten, Quickburst. I've admired you for a while, and this doesn't make me view you any different from before." He stares her in the eyes. "I love you, Quickburst. And I want to be by your side through this."
Quickburst is silent at first, motionless. Victor feels his chest tighten. But Quickburst buries her head in Victor's chest, purring.
"Thank you so much, Victor. I love you too."

Spring progresses, and slowly Quickburst gets closer to giving birth. Finally, she does- she has a pitch-black kitten with sharp claws. Victor thinks that she looks like Shadowthorn did.
"I want to call her Nightlash," says Quickburst.
"That sounds perfect," purrs Victor. He wraps himself around Quickburst, warming her and their kitten up.
image.png.0d3b732831539bb5cd3ab6ac28212439.png
 Though not biologically his kitten, Victor feels great pride in Nightlash; she is the first kitten born in the colony since Spark.
Spark.
Victor always has had Spark in the back of his mind, but now that he has his kitten resting against him, memories of his lost younger sister are brought back. Victor feels great fear at the loss of losing Nightlash, and swears to himself and Quickburst that he will do whatever he need to to protect her.

The colony is interested in the new kitten at the Spring festival, and it feels like there is great hope for the future.
image.thumb.png.ff7a3243c549c0242a329cd21e794914.png

• Like 3
  • Love 1

CHAPTER 30 - DAY 561 CURRENT SEASON: Summer Year 14
STATUS CHECK
Citizen: BLITZ (Golden tom with dark eyes)
Arrival: Citizen: Shelby (Ginger she-cat with soft, silky fur)
Arrival: Citizen: Nightlash (Pitch-black she-cat with sharp claws and a muscular body)

Victor and Quickburst are settling in together as new parents. Victor and Quickburst are unsure of how to care for a kitten but they play it by ear and take things as they come.
One day, Blitz comes to Victor. "How's the kitten?" he asks.
"She's growing well," purrs Victor. "Quickburst says she's growing very strong and healthy."
"Are you going to be having another kitten soon?"
Victor thinks for a heartbeat, his whiskers twitching. "I haven't really mentioned it to Quickburst, but that's the plan. She knows we need an heir to leading the colony."
"Do you think Nightlash will be jealous if you have another kitten?"
Victor shakes his head. "My older sister Shadowthorn was never jealous of me."
"You'll have to tell her you're not your father," says Blitz. "Or else she'll wonder why she's not in line to lead." He stretches out and lays down beside Victor. "I'm considering taking a mate myself."
"With Shelby?" asks Victor.
Blitz nods. "She's a sweet cat. I wonder if she'd like an uptight tom like me."

Roughrunner dies of old age, and Shelby becomes the guard of the colony.
"Are you sure a former pet cat can be the colony's guard so soon after joining?" Quickburst asks Victor.
"I think so," Victor responds. "We have new strong cats growing to fight beside her." He looks down proudly at Nightlash.

Nightlash's eyes open, and her personality begins to emerge. She's a quiet and serious cat, always observing the conversations and interactions of cats around her.
image.png.6617db876db15e08466f717c9c2c162c.png

Blitz one day approaches Shelby.
"Shelby, I was wondering if you'd want to be mates. I think you're a really kind and relaxed cat, and I think we'd go well together." He shifts his paws nervously, avoiding eye contact.
"Of course, Blitz," purrs the ginger she-cat. "I'll be your mate."

The colony celebrates their Summer festival.

image.png.cbdfe6d2b961bb7f5f7c32cf3c652e14.png
(Left to right: Nightlash, Quickburst, Victor, Blitz, and Shelby)

In the first days of fall, Shelby is patrolling the border when she sees an unfamiliar tom.
"What're you doing here?" She asks curiously, approaching him. The tom flattens his ears and backs up.
"I don't mean to intrude!" he says. "My name is Napoleon. I was abandoned by my humans here. I was hoping for some friendly cats."
"You've come to the right place!" meows Shelby. "I was like you, actually. This colony took me in."
Napoleon is taken to Victor and made a colony member.
image.png.0968469adfd90d250b58badf80b9f482.png

Victor excitedly runs to Blitz. "Blitz! I'm going to be having another kitten! Quickburst is pregnant."
"So is Shelby! I was about to tell you the same!" says Blitz happily. "The colony is finally growing, Victor. You should be proud."

The colony celebrates their Fall festival with great hope for the future.
image.png.9ae9fd3efea2b821d49adf02d6d60d38.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

CHAPTER 31 - DAY 581 CURRENT SEASON: Winter Year 14
STATUS CHECK
Guard: Shelby (Ginger she-cat with soft, silky fur)
Citizen: Nightlash (Pitch-black she-cat with sharp claws and a muscular body)
Arrival: Citizen: Napoleon (Ginger, dappled tom with brown eyes)

DEATHS

Tragedy strikes the colony. When crossing between islands in the archipelago, the tides are especially rough, and the cold water makes Victor and Blitz fall ill. Victor dies, and the colony falls into crisis with their next heir not born and no replacements available from Victor's bloodline.
"I say let Quickburst lead until the birth of she and Victor's kitten," suggests Blitz, coughing weakly. "He would've wanted you to lead, Quickburst." The colony agrees.

"Thank you for that, Blitz," Quickburst says later when they are alone in the doctor's den. 
"Of course. I'll always fight for what Victor would have wanted. He loved you so much, Quickburst." His sentence is ended by a violent coughing fit, leaving him gasping for air. Quickburst feels pain in her heart watching him. She knows the prognosis isn't good, and she'd give anything to keep him.
"I'm so sorry for this, Blitz. That all of this is even happening."
"I just want to be present for the birth of my kitten," says Blitz. "You're doing your best, Quickburst. If you can grant me that, it will be enough." The two are silent for a bit, and then Blitz speaks again. "I'm sure you're very afraid, Quickburst."
"You're more afraid. Please worry about yourself, Blitz. Don't worry about me."
"You're leading a colony with no training, and your mate is dead. You can't lock up those feelings forever."

Quickburst sighs. "I just know I can't let Victor down. I lost him, but I can keep his colony alive. And as long as I am alive, I will make sure this kitten inside me grows to be a leader to live up to their father."

Quickburst trains Napoleon to be a doctor to take her place if the time ever comes, but remains the primary doctor of the colony.
Shelby frequently visits Blitz in the den and she and Quickburst begin to become friends. Quickburst knows that Blitz won't live long and wants to be there to support Shelby since she knows what it's like to lose a mate. 

Finally, Quickburst gives birth to Victor's kitten, the heir of the colony. The cats of the colony gather around the kitten in great interest. She looks very much like Quickburst- a dust-colored she-cat. Quickburst names her Bandi. The colony votes that Quickburst should remain leader until Bandi is older.
image.png.58f6fb437deeaf460a87cb696eeafb2f.png

"Don't worry," purrs Shelby. "I'm sure the colony will be fine."
Quickburst smiles nervously, a pang of guilt in her stomach. Does Shelby not know the prognosis of her mate? Shelby answers the question for her.
"I know Blitz doesn't have long," confesses the ginger she-cat. "But I know you've done your best, Quickburst. And we have each other to help each other through this." 
Quickburst smiles. "Thank you, Shelby."

The next day, Shelby's kitten is born- she has a beautiful daughter with golden fur, the spitting image of Blitz.
image.png.96b841fac034a65c1851ca1833007c57.png

"She's beautiful," Blitz purrs weakly. He curls himself up beside Shelby and the new kitten. "We should name her Colette."
"Colette is perfect," says Shelby.

Blitz dies in the night after the birth of Colette. Shelby tries to focus herself on her kitten to ignore her grief. Quickburst senses this and tries to distract Shelby, the two of them discussing motherhood.
"I worry about caring for this kitten by myself," admits Shelby. "I worry about the clan being properly guarded."
"Nightlash has that covered," says Quickburst. "She's the strongest cat I've ever seen- you don't need to worry about the colony's security in her paws."

One day, Napoleon approaches Quickburst.
"Quickburst.." He flattens his ears. "I'd like to become mates with you. You're a very pretty she-cat, and I'd be willing to help you raise Bandi."
Quickburst flattens her ears. "I appreciate the offer, Napoleon, but no. I'm really not interested." Shelby cringes as Napoleon walks away.
"That was uncomfortable."

The colony celebrates their winter festival. It is a solemn celebration since Victor and Blitz are gone, but there is hope with two new kittens growing.
image.thumb.png.d28c392ce6b3f1c12ccc9a50f6584962.png

• Sad 3

CHAPTER 32 - DAY 591 CURRENT SEASON: Spring Year 14
STATUS CHECK
Doctor, Temporary Leader: QUICKBURST (Dusty tan she-cat with chocolate brown eyes)
Guard: Shelby (Ginger she-cat with soft, silky fur)
Citizen: Napoleon (Ginger, dappled tom with brown eyes)
Citizen: Nightlash (Pitch-black she-cat with sharp claws and a muscular body)
Arrival: Heir: BANDI (Dusty-pelted she-cat with golden eyes)
Arrival: Citizen: COLETTE (Golden she-cat with dark eyes, the spitting image of Blitz)
DEATHS

Leader: 
VICTOR (Blond tom with dark eyes and sharp fangs)

Bandi's eyes open, and her personality begins to emerge. The colony decides to name her the leader of the colony, teaming up to raise her and show her how to run the colony. But they soon come to find that Bandi is an outspoken, brave she-cat like her mother, and it's hard to control her. She becomes rebellious from a young age.
image.png.ec9c454c8e83b1139337b967a856f3fe.png
Colette's eyes open soon after. She becomes friends with Bandi. She's also rebellious and daring, and the two often try to sneak off from their mothers to explore.
image.png.0f737faf733b2392ccb23d043eb56ae0.png

Meanwhile, Nightlash is patrolling the border and finds a young she-cat.
"What're you doing here?" Nightlash flicks her tail, preparing to swipe at her.
"I'm looking for a colony," says the sand-colored she-cat. "My name is Seiko." 

image.png.88e508b540d725ae832e2e0cecb3cda3.png
Seiko is introduced into the colony, and is taken to Bandi to be made a colony member.
The colony celebrates their spring festival. 

image.thumb.png.73f0c604dd05f6f05c8ecc30c32ebb80.png

Unexpectedly, Shelby dies of old age. This leaves Colette without parents, and Nightlash takes over as the guard of the colony. Bandi is there to support Colette.
"I'm just.. angry," the golden kitten says, plopping beside Bandi. 
"I get how you feel," says Bandi. "I feel like that about my dad, too." The two bond in their grief, and both grow into adolescent cats.

Seiko begins to hang out with the two of them.
"What're you guys' ambitions when you become adult cats?" Bandi asks curiously. "I guess I'm kind of stuck with this whole leader thing."
"I want to be a doctor," purrs Colette. "I want to prevent cats from getting sick like Bandi and I's fathers did."
"I think you'd be a great doctor," meows Seiko. "I think I just want to be your average hunter, if I'm honest."

The colony celebrates their summer festival.

• Like 3

CHAPTER 33 - DAY 611 CURRENT SEASON: Fall Year 15
STATUS CHECK
Leader: BANDI (Dusty-pelted she-cat with golden eyes)
Citizen: NIGHTLASH (Pitch-black she-cat with sharp claws and a muscular body)
Citizen: NAPOLEON (Ginger, dappled tom with brown eyes)
Citizen: COLETTE (Golden she-cat with dark eyes, the spitting image of Blitz)
Arrival: Citizen: SEIKO (Sand-colored she-cat with sleek fur)

A bearyena comes after the cats of the colony. Bandi is the first to see it and attacks it.
"All of you! Come help!" She yowls, fighting the creature. The cats team up to take it down, and enraged, it swipes a claw at Bandi. It swipes a claw at the right side of Bandi's face, knocking her backward. It then tackles napoleon, digging its claws into his neck. Napoleon yowls, terrified. Finally, Nightlash is able to take the bearyena down. Quickburst, terrified, rushes Bandi and napoleon to the doctor's den, fearing the worst.
"Thank heavens," she says. "Bandi and Napoleon will be fine, but they will have scars."

Seiko grows into a full adult cat. 
"Seiko is beautiful," Colette says to Bandi. "I want to be like her one day."
Bandi grins. "I'm sure you'll be able to. Why not tell her how you feel?"
"That takes time!" Says Colette, flattening her ears. "I don't know, Bandi. what if she says no?"
"Come on, you're the bravest cat I know," says Bandi. "Don't tell me you're afraid of rejection."

Nightlash finally grows into a full adult she-cat.
"I'm so proud of you," says Quickburst, nuzzling her daughter. "You've come so far, and you're the strongest fighter in all of the colony."
Nightlash purrs. "Thank you, Mom."
image.png.6ed8f3d268f28317a420345fd745c3b2.png

Soon after becoming a full adult member of the colony, Nightlash comes across a bulky, long-furred tomcat in colony territory. His fur is a deep red.
"What're you doing here?" she says, confronting him.
"My name is Ruik. I want to join your colony," he says, bowing his head. Nightlash takes him to Bandi and he is made a member of the colony.
image.png.bd4aa5c1c0bf377c975db7708d13bff1.png
The colony celebrates their fall festival.
image.thumb.png.6a853a1ca3ca04a92baa677659515f3c.png

Quickburst dies of old age. The colony mourns her, especially Nightlash.
"I'm here for you," Colette says to Bandi. "I know what it's like to be without your parents."

Nightlash finds another young tomcat. His name is Tawnyspike, and he shows interest in joining the colony. He is inducted into the colony, and becomes friends with Colette.
image.png.4d4bfc751f449acb8d5e99f257db1816.png

The winter festival is celebrated.
image.thumb.png.ab5f3b349a350ff65668704e74dad0eb.png

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1

1 hour ago, medicine cat said:

"Seiko is beautiful," Colette says to Bandi. "I want to be like her one day."
Bandi grins. "I'm sure you'll be able to. Why not tell her how you feel?"
"That takes time!" Says Colette, flattening her ears. "I don't know, Bandi. what if she says no?"
"Come on, you're the bravest cat I know," says Bandi. "Don't tell me you're afraid of rejection."

GAYS

• Love 1

CHAPTER 34 - DAY 631 CURRENT SEASON: Spring Year 15
STATUS CHECK
Doctor: NAPOLEON (Ginger, dappled tom with brown eyes)
GUARD: NIGHTLASH (Pitch-black she-cat with sharp claws and a muscular body)
Citizen: SEIKO (Sand-colored she-cat with sleek fur)
Arrival: Citizen: RUIK (Dark red tom with a muscular body)
Arrival: Citizen: TAWNYSPIKE (Fuzzy brown tom with reddish markings)
DEATHS

Spring passes by the colony mostly uneventfully. One day, Ruik approaches Nightlash with a flower in his jaw.
"Nightlash, you are the strongest cat in all of the colony," he purrs. "I would be honored if you would become my mate."
Nightlash smiles. "I accept, Ruik."
"I'm surprised that you took a mate," Bandi says to Nightlash. "You never seemed like the romantic type."
"I'm not, but he's a strong fighter, and this colony needs more cats." Nightlash shrugs. "He's a handsome cat, too."

Napoleon dies of old age. Colette takes his place as the new doctor of the colony.
"I knew you could do it," purrs Seiko, congratulating Colette. "You're going to be a great doctor." She nuzzles Colette proudly, and then leaves the doctor's den. Bandi smiles at Colette, who flattens her ears.
"Don't look at me like that, Bandi."
"You should really ask her out sometime," Bandi purrs. "I don't see what's holding you back."
"...Fine," says Colette. "I'll ask her in Summer. When I'm recognized as a fully mature member of the colony."
"Perfect!" says Bandi. "I'll be holding you to it."

The spring festival is celebrated, and Summer arrives.
image.thumb.png.ccf50b8ad302a817e112e2f36e00887d.png

But a new surprise has come for the colony. Nightlash brings in her jaws a small tomkit that she found abandoned on the coastline. The kitten looks barely a week old. 
"Where could he have come from?" Asks Colette, tilting her head to the side.
"I don't know, but I looked all around for any signs of a family. There was nothing. No one." Nightlash sets the kitten down at Bandi's feet. "Well, Bandi?"
"We'll need someone to raise him," Bandi says. "Anyone?"
"I can't," says Nightlash. "I'm pregnant myself. Ruik and I are preparing for a kitten already."
"I will," says Seiko.
"By yourself? Are you sure?" Tawnyspike pipes up.
"I'm more than capable, thanks." Seiko takes the kitten in her jaws. "I'll name him Oaknose."
image.png.f68304e98b21c269e78a3d528b7056da.png

Bandi and Colette become fully grown she-cats in the colony. True to her vow, Colette approaches Seiko one day.
"Seiko, I have a question for you."
Seiko's dark eyes meet Colette's, and Colette can feel her nerves getting to her. But she can't hold back any longer- she's waited seasons!
"I wish to be your mate, Seiko. I've cared a lot about you for a long time. I know it's out of the blue, but could we-"
Seiko nuzzles Colette, intertwining her tail with the golden she-cat's. "Of course, Colette. I thought you would never ask, you know."
Colette purrs, relieved, and looks down at Oaknose. "It looks like we'll be raising him together, then."
image.png.c01113d37ff2185e7d932e8ac6f06875.png

Soon, Oaknose's eyes open. He bonds with both Seiko and Colette, and befriends Tawnyspike, who he considers like a cool older brother. 
"He has beautiful brown eyes," purrs Seiko. 
Oaknose also begins to show interest in Colette's work, and Colette teaches him the basics of becoming a doctor.
image.png.11f851658f5b53a97b7dc4811b3b8496.png

The colony celebrates the summer festival, optimistic for the future.
"You know, it should be your turn soon to get a mate," Colette teases Bandi. 
image.png.80a9932ad51638230fbf91e157672272.png

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 1

CHAPTER 35 - DAY 651 CURRENT SEASON: Fall Year 16
STATUS CHECK
Doctor: COLETTE (Golden she-cat with dark eyes, the spitting image of Blitz)
Guard: NIGHTLASH (Pitch-black she-cat with sharp claws and a muscular body)
Citizen: RUIK (Dark red tom with a muscular body)
Citizen: TAWNYSPIKE (Fuzzy brown tom with reddish markings)
Arrival: Citizen: OAKNOSE (Sand-colored tom with ginger mane and brown eyes)
DEATHS

Nightlash finally gives birth to a daughter.
"She looks just like you," purrs Ruik proudly.
"We'll name her Crowclaw. She can be a guard just like her mother one day." Nightlash beams. Bandi sees a rare smile on Nightlash's face.
image.png.8c56a75a54b6f5c74a2f03706c0066e0.png

Crowclaw is the pride and joy of her parents, especially Ruik.

Tawnyspike grows into a full adult tom.
image.png.cff7456d291cd1d20dcf59a12419ea92.png

Nightlash dies of a mysterious illness, leaving Ruik to raise Crowclaw alone. He becomes fiercely protective of Crowclaw. 
"I'll be willing to be a guard in her place," says Seiko. Seiko is placed as the guard of the colony.

Meanwhile, Oaknose has grown into a teen. He is an intelligent and astute young tom and often sticks with Colette to learn about being a doctor.
image.png.4681c3bda88a34cd1ceb1dc2f2253073.png

Crowclaw's eyes open. She becomes friends with Colette and Seiko, especially Seiko.
"I knew your mother," purred Seiko. "She was a very strong and wise cat. She was the guard before i was."
"Really? That's amazing!" exclaims Crowclaw, her eyes lighting up.
Seiko can't help but smile. Crowclaw looks just like Nightlash, but her personality is so much more bubbly and extroverted.
"Tell me what it's like being a guard!" pleads Crowclaw. 
image.png.90f0e200504612ccc4b3cab16e5780b2.png

The colony has their fall festival. Here, Crowclaw meets Oaknose.
"This is my son, Oaknose," explains Seiko. Oaknose gives Crowclaw a friendly grin.
Crowclaw feels her face heat up and looks away from the tom. Seeing the interaction, Ruik glares at Oaknose. 

Ruik dies of old age, leaving Crowclaw alone.
"Do you want to stay with us?" Colette offers, tilting her head to one side. Crowclaw shakes her head.
"I'll be fine," she insists. "Bandi's taking care of me."

Crowclaw grows into a teenaged cat, and the winter festival rolls around the colony.
image.png.2776037060d6629f9c47859a3183a001.png

image.png

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, medicine cat said:

CHAPTER 34 - DAY 631 CURRENT SEASON: Spring Year 14
STATUS CHECK
GUARD: NIGHTLASH (Pitch-black she-cat with sharp claws and a muscular body)
Arrival: Citizen: RUIK (Dark red tom with a muscular body)
Arrival: Citizen: TAWNYSPIKE (Fuzzy brown tom with reddish markings)
DEATHS

Spring passes by the colony mostly uneventfully. One day, Ruik approaches Nightlash with a flower in his jaw.
"Nightlash, you are the strongest cat in all of the colony," he purrs. "I would be honored if you would become my mate."
Nightlash smiles. "I accept, Ruik."
"I'm surprised that you took a mate," Bandi says to Nightlash. "You never seemed like the romantic type."
"I'm not, but he's a strong fighter, and this colony needs more cats." Nightlash shrugs. "He's a handsome cat, too."

Napoleon dies of old age. Colette takes his place as the new doctor of the colony.
"I knew you could do it," purrs Seiko, congratulating Colette. "You're going to be a great doctor." She nuzzles Colette proudly, and then leaves the doctor's den. Bandi smiles at Colette, who flattens her ears.
"Don't look at me like that, Bandi."
"You should really ask her out sometime," Bandi purrs. "I don't see what's holding you back."
"...Fine," says Colette. "I'll ask her in Summer. When I'm recognized as a fully mature member of the colony."
"Perfect!" says Bandi. "I'll be holding you to it."

The spring festival is celebrated, and Summer arrives.
image.thumb.png.ccf50b8ad302a817e112e2f36e00887d.png

But a new surprise has come for the colony. Nightlash brings in her jaws a small tomkit that she found abandoned on the coastline. The kitten looks barely a week old. 
"Where could he have come from?" Asks Colette, tilting her head to the side.
"I don't know, but I looked all around for any signs of a family. There was nothing. No one." Nightlash sets the kitten down at Bandi's feet. "Well, Bandi?"
"We'll need someone to raise him," Bandi says. "Anyone?"
"I can't," says Nightlash. "I'm pregnant myself. Ruik and I are preparing for a kitten already."
"I will," says Seiko.
"By yourself? Are you sure?" Tawnyspike pipes up.
"I'm more than capable, thanks." Seiko takes the kitten in her jaws. "I'll name him Oaknose."
image.png.f68304e98b21c269e78a3d528b7056da.png

Bandi and Colette become fully grown she-cats in the colony. True to her vow, Colette approaches Seiko one day.
"Seiko, I have a question for you."
Seiko's dark eyes meet Colette's, and Colette can feel her nerves getting to her. But she can't hold back any longer- she's waited seasons!
"I wish to be your mate, Seiko. I've cared a lot about you for a long time. I know it's out of the blue, but could we-"
Seiko nuzzles Colette, intertwining her tail with the golden she-cat's. "Of course, Colette. I thought you would never ask, you know."
Colette purrs, relieved, and looks down at Oaknose. "It looks like we'll be raising him together, then."
image.png.c01113d37ff2185e7d932e8ac6f06875.png

Soon, Oaknose's eyes open. He bonds with both Seiko and Colette, and befriends Tawnyspike, who he considers like a cool older brother. 
"He has beautiful brown eyes," purrs Seiko. 
Oaknose also begins to show interest in Colette's work, and Colette teaches him the basics of becoming a doctor.
image.png.11f851658f5b53a97b7dc4811b3b8496.png

The colony celebrates the summer festival, optimistic for the future.
"You know, it should be your turn soon to get a mate," Colette teases Bandi. 
image.png.80a9932ad51638230fbf91e157672272.png

THE GAYS ARE MARRIED AND HAVE A CHILD YES FINALLY

11 minutes ago, medicine cat said:

Ruik glares at Oaknose. 

Ruik dies of old age

Oaknose, don't murder people 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

CHAPTER 36 - DAY 671 CURRENT SEASON: Spring Year 16
STATUS CHECK
Guard: SEIKO (Sand-colored she-cat with sleek fur)
Arrival: Citizen: OAKNOSE (Sand-colored tom with ginger mane and brown eyes)
Arrival: Citizen: CROWCLAW (Pitch-black she-cat with sharp claws and a muscular body, spitting image of Nightlash)
DEATHS

Guard: NIGHTLASH (Pitch-black she-cat with sharp claws and a muscular body)
Citizen: RUIK (Dark red tom with a muscular body)

Crowclaw and Oaknose begin spending more time together.
"I knew your mother, you know," meows Oaknose. "When I was younger. She was friends with my moms. They said she was the strongest guard that ever lived."
"I hope I can live up to her one day," Crowclaw says dreamily, looking up at the sky. "I don't have the training like she does, but I can sure try my best!"
Oaknose smiles. "I want to be a doctor, like my mom."
"I think you'd be an amazing doctor," purrs Crowclaw. She looks shyly down at her paws. "You're a really smart cat."
"Thank you," hums Oaknose. "That does mean a lot, Crowclaw." He smiles in a friendly manner. Crowclaw feels her heartbeat quicken- if only he knew how she felt.

One day, Seiko stumbles across a strange teenaged tomcat on colony territory. He is a tan color, and has a single red left front paw. Seiko challenges him and he shrinks back despite visibly being stronger than Seiko.
"I'm sorry," he says. "I'm just looking for a colony to join. My name is Bloodpaw."
"You don't look like a Bloodpaw," says Seiko, tilting her head to the side. "Too tough of a name for you."
"I know. But I promise I have things to offer your colony," he asserts. Seiko takes him to Bandi, and he is made a colony member.
image.png.56651b282097b4fd33f824524dbf822a.png'

The Spring festival is celebrated.
image.thumb.png.2b3f1b447fbb2adddaf18b0b0e9d4c67.png

Bloodpaw quickly comes to admire Crowclaw, and tries to spend more time with the beautiful she-cat. But Crowclaw has other plans.
One day Crowclaw comes to Colette. 
"Colette, I want your help with something- and please don't tell Oaknose! You're just the only one I thought to ask, since you're one of the only cats in the colony with a mate..." Crowclaw flicks her tail anxiously, and Colette comes forward.
"Of course, Crowclaw. What's happening?"
"I... I really like Oaknose." Crowclaw dramatically flings herself upon the floor of the doctor's den. "I don't know what I'm gonna do. I've liked him forever, but... He's so reserved. I don't know how he feels, and I'm scared if I tell him he'll say no because we're young. But I'm scared another she-cat will join the colony and he'll fall in love with her if I don't act and-"
Colette smiles as Crowclaw goes on and on. The feelings that Crowclaw conveys are all too familiar to Colette. Colette sets down her herbs and sits beside Crowclaw.
"I'll tell you from experience, Crowclaw." Colette's whiskers twitch as she considers how to put what she's going to say. "I waited seasons to tell Seiko how I felt. I waited until I was a fully grown she-cat. And were I to do it again? I wouldn't have waited." Colette flicks her tail. "If I were you, I'd tell Oaknose how you feel now. You're a beautiful she-cat, and I don't see why he wouldn't care for you, too."

Finally, Crowclaw approaches Oaknose one day. "Oaknose, I want to tell you something really important."
"Of course," says Oaknose. "What's up?"
"I... I love you, Oaknose. I always have. I want to be with you."
Oaknose smiles, nuzzling Crowclaw. "I'd be happy to be yours, Crowclaw."

Watching from the bushes, Bloodpaw flattens his ears, dismayed. He hopes to one day win Crowclaw's heart with or without Oaknose in the way.

• Like 3

CHAPTER 37 - DAY 681 CURRENT SEASON: Summer year 17
STATUS CHECK
Citizen: OAKNOSE (Sand-colored tom with ginger mane and brown eyes)
Citizen: CROWCLAW (Pitch-black she-cat with sharp claws and a muscular body, spitting image of Nightlash)
Citizen: Bloodpaw (Tan tomcat with a dark red left front paw)

The summer passes by peacefully, and the summer festival is celebrated. 

But in the fall, a plague hits the colony; Seiko dies first, leaving Colette and Oaknose grief-stricken. Crowclaw takes over Seiko's place as the guard of the colony. She spends most of this time as the new guard comforting Oaknose. Bandi, who is also sick, comforts Colette in the doctor's den.
"She was so happy with you," purrs Bandi weakly. "I know that you miss her, but you will be with her again." She nuzzles Colette.
"I know she'd want me to be strong, but I can't help but be mad," says Colette. "I'm grateful that I had her- we had something many cats in the colony don't get- but I can't just... forget her and do my job. It's so hard. I'm getting older, too, Bandi. I don't know how long I can keep at this."

Oaknose grows into a full adult. 
image.png.92c61cc2d8a314b46cb47e2d58085d09.png

Bandi is the next to die of the plague a couple of weeks later, at the tail end of fall. This sends the colony into a panic as to who will take over the throne. The bloodline of Bold that has ran for six generations has been suddenly cut off, and there is no direct relative to Bandi to take her place.

The cats of the colony argue who is to take Bandi's place as the new leader. Colette, as the oldest cat in the colony, speaks up.
"As a member of the Tiny Colony, we need a cat who is young enough to lead for a long time." She eyes directly at Bloodpaw, Crowclaw, and Oaknose. "But I think that we need a cat who was born in the colony." She steps closer, fixing her gaze upon Crowclaw and Oaknose. "And I know that you two have been recently married."
"Yes!" meows Crowclaw.
"So I think that it would be fair to make the two of you the leaders of the colony. We don't have to narrow it down to one cat, especially since the two of you love each other already." Colette's whiskers twitch. "But this needs to be considered by the other cats in the colony as well." 

"I think it's a great idea." Old Tawnyspike is the first to speak. "I think these two could do great things together." He smiles at Colette.
"I think that's a great idea!" says Crowclaw.
Bloodpaw takes a long, hard look at the two cats. He is jealous of Crowclaw being with another cat, but he sees the happiness in her eyes. "...I agree." He looks down.
"You can be our guard, Bloodpaw! You're strong!" Crowclaw grins at him, and Bloodpaw feels his face heat up.
"I'm a bit unsure," confesses Oaknose. "Me? Leading a colony? It's really not in my blood.."
"We'll have each other to help us through," purrs Crowclaw excitedly. "Come on, Oaknose! We can do this!"
Oaknose is unsure, but with Crowclaw beside him, he thinks he can do it. "...Alright."

Oaknose and Crowclaw are crowned the leaders of the colony. Colette dies soon after. The winter festival arrives, and miraculously, the fall plague dies out.
image.thumb.png.ebeefe80493d09b5a6de74980c775d8e.png
(Bloodpaw, Tawnyspike, Oaknose, and Crowclaw)

• Like 3

CHAPTER 38 - DAY 701 CURRENT SEASON: Winter year 17
STATUS CHECK
LEADER: OAKNOSE (Sand-colored tom with ginger mane and brown eyes)
LEADER: CROWCLAW (Pitch-black she-cat with sharp claws and a muscular body, spitting image of Nightlash)
DOCTOR: TAWNYSPIKE (Fuzzy brown tom with reddish markings)
GUARD: BLOODPAW (Tan tomcat with a dark red left front paw)
DEATHS

Winter passes through the colony, and Crowclaw and Oaknose spend more time together.
"I know we were mates before, but it feels different now that we're ruling the colony," Oaknose says, resting his head on Crowclaw. "Like we're real adult cats."
"I know," says Crowclaw. "But aren't you excited? It's a whole new dynasty," purrs Crowclaw. "And it starts with us!"

Crowclaw grows into a full adult she-cat. She is taller than all the other members of the colony and is by far the strongest. Oaknose hopes that their kittens take after her, since she is the stronger of the two.
image.png.ede6dee8b84ddd44548e1ce3296c4878.png

A bearyena attacks the colony in the middle of a winter storm. All of the cats team up to attack it. Crowclaw is at the head of battle since she is the strongest in the colony. But the bearyena knocks her back at an opportune moment. The creature raises its claw to strike and Crowclaw shields herself, but instead of feeling pain, she hears the wince of Bloodpaw, who jumped in front of her to protect her. He looks back at her to make sure she's alright, blood trickling down his left jaw. This gives Crowclaw an opportunity to spring forward and attack the bearyena. The ferocious creature finally falls, and the colony is safe once more.

"He'll be fine," says Tawnyspike. "He just needs time to heal. He will have a scar on his face, however." Crowclaw is left thinking about what Bloodpaw did. He easily could have died from the bearyena's attack and yet he jumped in front of her to save her. But why?

The winter festival is celebrated and spring arrives.

Tawnyspike dies of old age, and the colony is left without a doctor. After careful consideration, Oaknose approaches Crowclaw.
"Crowclaw, I want you to take over leading the colony. I will still help, but this colony needs a doctor, and it was always what I wanted to be when I was young."
Crowclaw smiles, nuzzling her mate. "Of course, Oaknose. Whatever you are happy with."

Crowclaw runs into Oaknose's medicine den one day excitedly. "Oaknose! We're going to be having a kitten! Finally!" She purrs, nuzzling her head into Oaknose's neck. Oaknose is overjoyed.
"I can't wait!" purrs Oaknose. "I can't wait to raise a happy family of kittens with you."

The colony celebrates their spring festival.image.png.2519561912cc55827438205b78d2ccdd.png

• Like 3

CHAPTER 39 - DAY 721 CURRENT SEASON: Summer Year 18
STATUS CHECK
LEADER: CROWCLAW (Pitch-black she-cat with sharp claws and a muscular body, spitting image of Nightlash)
DOCTOR: OAKNOSE (Sand-colored tom with ginger mane and brown eyes)

DEATHS

Crowclaw progresses through her pregnancy through the summer and gives birth to a son. She names him Xander. 
image.png.43c17f536cc911bebce1d351c220d83e.png
Xander is a quiet kitten, sleeping most of the time. Crowclaw feels uncomfortable in being the position of a mother, but Oaknose's presence helps her a lot.
"I think you're going to be a great mother," purrs Oaknose. "If you can lead a colony, you can raise a kitten."
Meanwhile, Bloodpaw can't help but feel envy looking at the family. He still loves Crowclaw, but knows how happy she is. He can't help but be bitter that she's not happy with him.

Bloodpaw isolates himself at the summer festival, sulking under an oak tree.
image.png.6284925b2a74860a153e748aac6903a7.png

Oaknose dies of a disease, leaving Crowclaw lost and heartbroken. She is inconsolable, and refuses to talk to Bloodpaw.
"Please, Crowclaw- I'd be willing to be there for you."
"I'm not interested," Crowclaw hisses coldly, looking down at her son. She loves Xander, but has no idea how to handle a kitten without Oaknose. Oaknose was the source of consistency in her life, and now she is missing it.

A solemn fall festival is celebrated, with Bloodpaw, Crowclaw, and Xander. Xander's eyes have opened now- they are a pitch black color. Xander is a quiet and observant kitten, and Crowclaw doesn't extend much affection to him out of being unsure how to. She anxiously spends most of her time teaching him how to rule a colony in fear she will die too and leave him unsure of how to lead.

image.png.0b77e66d7bb7aa5913d382ed1e798efe.png

Crowclaw dies of a disease as well, leaving the colony to be just Xander and Bloodpaw. Bloodpaw, who doesn't like Xander but refuses to let him die alone, names himself the new leader of the colony and appoints Xander to be guard in training.
"I don't know anything about being a guard," Xander says quietly.
"You'll learn. Your mom was a great fighter. Come on."

A couple seasons pass, and Bloodpaw drowns in a river training Xander. Trained to survive but not to bond with others, Xander is alone.

Or is he?

Enter Lina, a reddish-brown she-cat a little older than Xander.
"You're alone too?" She asks, emerging from the bushes. 
Xander crouches low to the ground, ready to fight.
"I'm not going to hurt you, I don't have any cats around me either," says the she-cat. "I'm Lina. And you are?"
"...Xander."
"What are you doing by yourself, Xander?" The she-cat advances closer, and Xander flinches for a moment but lets her approach- she seems friendly enough.
"My colony died in disaster. I'm the last heir of the Tiny colony." His voice is robotic, almost, as if he was trained to say this.
"Gee..." Lina responds.
"What about you?"
"I ran away," she says quickly. "...Differences with my old clan." 
"Well, you can come with me," says Xander.
The two form a friendship.

• Like 3

Aaaand with that i tried to make a new chapter but actually closed the tab and lost the data for it at the very end, so I'm putting this story on hiatus because that frustrated me 🤪
I've been wanting to do a new warriorcats story based off of this generator someone made as well as my own old one, so expect that soon!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, medicine cat said:

CHAPTER 39 - DAY 721 CURRENT SEASON: Summer Year 18
STATUS CHECK
DOCTOR: OAKNOSE (Sand-colored tom with ginger mane and brown eyes)

DEATHS

Crowclaw progresses through her pregnancy through the summer and gives birth to a son. She names him Xander. 
image.png.43c17f536cc911bebce1d351c220d83e.png
Xander is a quiet kitten, sleeping most of the time. Crowclaw feels uncomfortable in being the position of a mother, but Oaknose's presence helps her a lot.
"I think you're going to be a great mother," purrs Oaknose. "If you can lead a colony, you can raise a kitten."
Meanwhile, Bloodpaw can't help but feel envy looking at the family. He still loves Crowclaw, but knows how happy she is. He can't help but be bitter that she's not happy with him.

Bloodpaw isolates himself at the summer festival, sulking under an oak tree.
image.png.6284925b2a74860a153e748aac6903a7.png

Oaknose dies of a disease, leaving Crowclaw lost and heartbroken. She is inconsolable, and refuses to talk to Bloodpaw.
"Please, Crowclaw- I'd be willing to be there for you."
"I'm not interested," Crowclaw hisses coldly, looking down at her son. She loves Xander, but has no idea how to handle a kitten without Oaknose. Oaknose was the source of consistency in her life, and now she is missing it.

A solemn fall festival is celebrated, with Bloodpaw, Crowclaw, and Xander. Xander's eyes have opened now- they are a pitch black color. Xander is a quiet and observant kitten, and Crowclaw doesn't extend much affection to him out of being unsure how to. She anxiously spends most of her time teaching him how to rule a colony in fear she will die too and leave him unsure of how to lead.

image.png.0b77e66d7bb7aa5913d382ed1e798efe.png

Crowclaw dies of a disease as well, leaving the colony to be just Xander and Bloodpaw. Bloodpaw, who doesn't like Xander but refuses to let him die alone, names himself the new leader of the colony and appoints Xander to be guard in training.
"I don't know anything about being a guard," Xander says quietly.
"You'll learn. Your mom was a great fighter. Come on."

A couple seasons pass, and Bloodpaw drowns in a river training Xander. Trained to survive but not to bond with others, Xander is alone.

Or is he?

Enter Lina, a reddish-brown she-cat a little older than Xander.
"You're alone too?" She asks, emerging from the bushes. 
Xander crouches low to the ground, ready to fight.
"I'm not going to hurt you, I don't have any cats around me either," says the she-cat. "I'm Lina. And you are?"
"...Xander."
"What are you doing by yourself, Xander?" The she-cat advances closer, and Xander flinches for a moment but lets her approach- she seems friendly enough.
"My colony died in disaster. I'm the last heir of the Tiny colony." His voice is robotic, almost, as if he was trained to say this.
"Gee..." Lina responds.
"What about you?"
"I ran away," she says quickly. "...Differences with my old clan." 
"Well, you can come with me," says Xander.
The two form a friendship.

I think the random generator tried to kill everyone 

• Like 1

(Author's note: Ok i lied I'm too lazy to create a new story I have COVID and my brain is fried, I'm continuing this one. The only thing really missed was a new colony member joined so)

CHAPTER 40 - DAY 771 CURRENT SEASON: Fall Year 19
STATUS CHECK
Leader: XANDER (Tan tomcat with dark eyes and ginger mane)
Doctor: LINA (Dark red she-cat with dark eyes and smooth fur)
Guard: OLIVIA (Snow-white she-cat with brown eyes)

.Xander is settling into his new life with two other colony members, and for the first time in forever, he feels like he has his own colony again. He is still awkward and has trouble trusting cats from losing his parents and dealing with Bloodpaw, but he is slowly learning to trust other cats. They spend fall together and celebrate the fall festival.

image.png.e7dd6b6e42e31ebc0a49fffb409a368e.png

Xander grows into a full adult tomcat.
image.png.e040eaec5a9257157a9b79e882bb623c.png

"Do you think that Xander's really gonna lead this colony?" Lina asks Olivia one day.
The white she-cat nervously shifts her paws. "I don't know. He's told us the history of it all the way from the first ruler up until him, but he seems to almost... resent it."
"I agree," says Lina. "He's a great cat and a great friend, but I think we're gonna have to work together too if we want to keep this whole legacy thing alive for him. He's our friend."

Winter ends, and spring begins. Spring is relatively peaceful until a bearyena attacks the colony. It bites Lina's head, and she yowls in fear. Xander and Olivia team up to help her, and luckily she's saved aside from now having a scar across the right side of her face.

The spring festival is celebrated, marking 20 years since the beginning of the colony.
"It hardly feels like a colony," confesses Xander. "I don't know what I'm doing."
"Though we're small, we're still a colony," meows Lina. "We're your friends, Xander. And we're going to carry on this colony with you til the end."

• Like 3

CHAPTER 41 - DAY 801 CURRENT SEASON: Spring Year 20
STATUS CHECK
Leader: XANDER (Tan tomcat with dark eyes and ginger mane)
Doctor: LINA (Dark red she-cat with dark eyes and smooth fur)
Guard: OLIVIA (Snow-white she-cat with brown eyes)

Xander falls ill, and dies of an illness.
"What're we going to do now?" Olivia asks, flattening her ears.
"I promised him we'd carry on this colony," says Lina. "I'm going to become the new leader of the Tiny Colony. And we're going to find more members."

Lina and Olivia begin searching the Archipelago for other cats. They celebrate their spring festival together.
image.png.40206045fbf9ed0327629e85abbe3101.png

After seasons of searching for other cats, Lina dies of an illness, and Olivia catches it too and dies.

Meanwhile, on another part of the island (AKA I found her just before Olivia died lol), a snow-white she-cat has a dream where a golden tom visits her. Her chest rises and falls in the spring breeze.
image.png.8cfb956494811dcb20ed7cf25a1d8be5.png
"Hello, Flowerheart," purrs the golden tom. "I have a favor to ask of you."
"Who are you?" asks the she-cat, her green eyes wide in confusion.
"My name is Bold. You're a smart young she-cat, and My family has been watching you from the stars." He smiles at her. "We are the Tiny Colony- Well, we were. And We need a smart cat like you to restore it. We were wiped out by plague and misfortune, and you are without a colony, are you not?"
"I am," she responds. 
"We want you to carry on our legacy for us, Flowerheart," says Bold. "We're going to be counting on you. But leave this archipelago. We've lost too many of our colony here. Go North. Start a new life."

Bold fades away, and Flowerheart awakens with a jump. What kind of a dream was that? She shakes her head. But the scent of the cat in the dream is present with her in the waking world, and something tells her that the dream was real. 
What do I have to lose, anyway? Flowerheart asks herself. The she-cat lost her old colony in a fire, and she deems it reasonable to make her own new one. She looks to the north, where the archipelago ends, and makes her way there.

Flowerheart finds herself on a thick, swampy island, scattered with thorns and brambles.
"Bold, you better be leading me the right way," she says, looking up at the stars. "Don't do me wrong."
image.png.b6e99023f64cef9133dd833ff0f52b6c.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

CHAPTER 42 - DAY 850 CURRENT SEASON: Fall Year 22
STATUS CHECK
Leader: Flowerheart (Pure white she-cat with brown eyes and a thin build)

Flowerheart explores her new island alone. She finally stumbles across a young male tomcat. He approaches her curiously.
"What're you doing out here by yourself?" He asks her, flicking his tail. 
"I'm trying to start up a colony," meows the she-cat. "Well, I'm trying to restart one. My name is Flowerheart."
"I'm Imp," he responds. He is a fuzzy adolescent cat, nearing adulthood.
"Are you looking for a colony, Imp?" Flowerheart asks.
"I am! I'll be happy to join you, if you'll take me."
"Then we should celebrate our new group," says Flowerheart. "Let's have a summer festival."
image.png.1187b30ccd10f4c43b1597bff9986bab.png

Fall arrives, and through the fall season, Flowerheart and Imp become like brother and sister. Flowerheart names Imp the doctor of the colony.
"Now we just need a guard," says Flowerheart. "I'm not quite sure where we'll get one."

To Flowerheart's surprise, Imp brings home a rogue tomcat.
"What's this about?" Flowerheart asks. She looks at the rogue nervously; he is tall and muscular.
"I don't mean any harm." the tom speaks, and his voice is surprisingly gentle. "My name is Topaz. I'm looking for a colony. I'm willing to be your guard; Imp here said you needed one."
"W-we do. Thank you." Flowerheart dips her head gratefully. "Welcome to the colony, Topaz."
image.png.06d8d2e01d4a35a950f0d5aba2640d08.png

The colony celebrates their fall festival together. There's an air of optimism about the cats. Flowerheart hopes that Bold, wherever he is, approves of her.

One day, Topaz brings Flowerheart a piece of fresh meat.
"I'd like to make you my mate," he confesses.
"I'd be happy to." Flowerheart smiles.

A bearyena attacks the colony, and Topaz and Imp team up to fight it. The bearyena slashes Topaz's flank, and he yowls in pain but continues to fight the creature. The creature bites Topaz's leg and scars his face, knocking him back. Imp is able to take the creature down and takes him back ot the doctor's den.

"Topaz won't be able to be a guard anymore," Imp says to Flowerheart after looking over Topaz's wounds. Topaz is disappointed by this.
"It's okay," reassures Flowerheart. "You're still just as important to the colony." She nuzzles him gently.

Lucky for the clan cats, a new guard is about to join the colony. A curious she-cat wanders into colony territory and approaches Flowerheart.
"I'd like to join your colony," she says forwardly. "My name is Foxteeth. I've built a nest on colony borders. I'd make a great guard!"
"Well, we are looking for a guard," says Flowerheart. "Welcome to the colony."

Foxteeth shows interest in Topaz, but Topaz isn't interested since he's already mates with Flowerheart. This causes Foxteeth to be jealous of Flowerheart.

image.png.a08379dfbb58b02585cb6c565f1588dc.png

The cats celebrate a spring festival.
image.png.34d078e31cfa6f8db996f5372f3b3292.png

• Like 3

CHAPTER 43 - DAY 880 CURRENT SEASON: Summer Year 23
STATUS CHECK
Leader: FLOWERHEART (Pure white she-cat with brown eyes and a thin build)
Doctor: IMP (Dusty brown tomcat with a fuzzy pelt)
Guard: FOXTEETH (Brown speckled she-cat with sharp fangs)
Citizen: TOPAZ (Ginger tomcat with a muscular build)

A young tomcat is approaching the colony one day and is confronted by Foxteeth.
"What're you doing in colony territory?" She asks, advancing towards him. He shies away from her.
"I'm sorry, I'm just looking for a colony," he says. "My name is Deerpelt."
"I'll take you to our leader," says Foxteeth. "You look like you'd be a good fighter, too. What do you say about becoming a guard one day?"
"That sounds great!" He meows.
image.png.c652edfbbc11ad633943f7f2df3edaaf.png

But the colony's growth isn't done- a young she-cat soon joins the colony. Her name is Juno, and she's a former pet cat looking for a group to help her survive in the wild.
image.png.4f56261546e98180ba8f77d232eb1cbb.png
Flowerheart takes pity on Juno's situation, and becomes friends with her. 

Flowerheart announces that she and Topaz will be having a kitten. The colony celebrates their first birth in years- except for Foxteeth, who withdraws herself from the group.
"Flowerheart is a fool," she says to Deerpelt. "I don't know what Topaz sees in her. This colony will be doomed with her leading."
"I think she's okay," confesses Deerpelt.
"I just work so hard, Deerpelt. I don't know why I don't get the recognition that she does."
"...I recognize you," Deerpelt meows.
Foxteeth sighs, trying to muster a smile. "Thanks, Deerpelt."

Deerpelt grows into a full adult tom.
image.png.c345df087f92903081dbc9ece76456ed.png

The colony celebrates the Summer festival.

As fall sets in, Deerpelt approaches Foxteeth.
"Foxteeth, you're the strongest cat in the colony and I want you to be my mate," he confesses. "I think you're... Well... Beautiful."
Foxteeth is shocked but is flattered. "Thank you, Foxteeth. I'll be your mate."

Yet another young she-cat joins the colony. Her name is Harpy, and she is a snarky and sarcastic adolescent she-cat. She asks to become a doctor's apprentice, and Imp accepts despite finding her a bit annoying.
image.png.b4d7e4ab2dacbe22f12a17380c17ecd2.png

Bold comes to Flowerheart again in her sleep.
"You're doing very well," he meows. "You're getting so many colony members. Lead them well, Flowerheart."
"Thank you," Flowerheart says. "I'm just worried about being a good mother to this kit I'm going to have."
"He'll be lucky to have you as his mother," purrs Bold. 

Flowerheart gives birth to her son- a light ginger tomcat with a torn right ear. She names him Rippedear after this birthmark.
image.png.66f1f3b1e88c670914075fa5e2c49572.png

Another bearyena attacks the colony. It bites Imp's right back leg and the other colony cats rush to help him. It also turns to Deerpelt, tearing off his ear when he goes to protect Imp. The colony cats manage to take the creature down, but not without it leaving nasty scars on Deerpelt and Imp.

Another teenaged tomcat joins the colony- his name is Wayde, and he is a former pet cat. He becomes friends with Foxteeth and Deerpelt, who are expecting a kitten now as well.
image.png.bfd6090585c04bae04eee0ece7f01339.png

The colony celebrates their Fall festival. Flowerheart can't help but feel at least a little proud looking over her colony- it has grown quickly, and she can confidently think to herself that she's helped restore the Tiny Colony to what it used to be.
image.thumb.png.caf78399e4da98c2c651061c1e3d09fe.png

• Like 3