Stray Fawn Community

The Tiny Colony: A Cattails-Style Playthrough

medicine cat

CHAPTER 44 - DAY 901 CURRENT SEASON: Winter Year 23
STATUS CHECK
Leader: FLOWERHEART (Pure white she-cat with brown eyes and a thin build)
Doctor: IMP (Dusty brown tomcat with a fuzzy pelt)
Guard: FOXTEETH (Brown speckled she-cat with sharp fangs)
Citizen: TOPAZ (Ginger tomcat with a muscular build)
Arrival: Citizen: DEERPELT (Brown speckled tom with dark eyes)
Arrival: Citizen: JUNO (Short gray she-cat with soft fur)
Arrival: Citizen: HARPY (Gray she-cat with dark gray patches)
Arrival: Citizen: WAYDE (Tan tomcat with dark brown mane)
Arrival: Citizen: RIPPEDEAR (Light ginger tomcat with torn right ear)

Rippedear's eyes open, and his personality emerges. Flowerheart begins to teach him about the ways of a colony leader. Though young, Rippedear proves to be a good listener. He makes friends with Wayde, who is the male closest to him in age. He also befriends Deerpelt.
image.png.8f0b9a55115f97b4b7ae3830704681c1.png
"I know you're not a fan Flowerheart as colony leader, but Rippedear is a good kid." Deerpelt says to Foxteeth.

The colony celebrates their winter festival, and Foxteeth settles in to give birth to her kitten. She has a son on the first day of spring.
"We'll call him Staghorn," she meows.

image.png.489ff0f945bcddc964ac4b722f69df25.png

A bearyena attacks the colony. It sneaks up on Topaz, who is sunbathing and descends upon him. 
"Deerpelt!" Yells Foxteeth. "Go protect your clanmate!" Deerpelt rushes to defend Topaz, and Wayde and Imp join him. Imp is also taken down. By the time the bearyena has been killed Topaz has still not moved. It is obvious to the cats of the colony that Topaz is dead, and so is Imp..

Rippedear arrives on the scene. He is silent. Wayde sees him and quickly runs over to him.
"Rippedear." He tries to put himself between the light ginger tom and Topaz, but Rippedear nudges past him and goes to where Topaz lays.
"I'm so sorry, Rippedear." Wayde's usual carefree voice is weighted down with mourning. "I'm.. I'm here for you."
"Thank you, Wayde. I know you tried to protect him."
Even Foxteeth shows a soft side approaching Rippedear. The she-cat nuzzles him in a motherly manner.

image.png.953c67e0fd0972a20dffd692f34b0dc8.png

Not long after the death, Deerpelt comes across a teenaged she-cat on colony territory.
"What're you doing here?" Deerpelt asks.
"I'm looking for a colony!" The ginger she-cat says cheerfully. "My name's Gingerdash."
Gingerdash is welcomed into the colony and named a colony member.

image.png.2c5edef60d68831bc85fd967e8de6333.png

Gingerdash takes up interest in Wayde, who is around her age. Rippedear notices this.
"What's your thoughts on the new she-cat?" he asks Wayde. "I think that she likes you."
"Me?" Wayde flattens his ears. "I don't know, Rippedear. I'm kind of an awkward tom. I think she's beautiful, but there's no way I'm getting my hopes up.
Rippedear shrugs. "I think you two would be good together, is all."

Foxteeth dies of old age, and Deerpelt is left to raise Staghorn alone.
"I don't know what I'm going to do, Rippedear," Deerpelt confesses to his friend. "I don't really know much about raising a son."
"Just give him all the love you can," says Rippedear. "That's what got me through when I lost my dad."

The colony celebrates their spring festival.
image.thumb.png.f78e3b7694cf8214fc5a94172b36fd28.png
(Left to right: Juno, Flowerheart, Gingerdash, Harpy, Rippedear, Deerpelt, Staghorn, Wayde)

• Like 2

CHAPTER 45 - DAY 921 CURRENT SEASON: Summer Year 24
STATUS CHECK
Guard: DEERPELT (Brown speckled tom with dark eyes)
Doctor: HARPY (Gray she-cat with dark gray patches)
Citizen: JUNO (Short gray she-cat with soft fur)
Citizen: WAYDE (Tan tomcat with dark brown mane)
Citizen: RIPPEDEAR (Light ginger tomcat with torn right ear)
Arrival: Citizen: STAGHORN (Brown speckled tomcat with a fuzzy pelt)
Arrival: Citizen: GINGERDASH (Pretty ginger she-cat with long legs)
DEATHS

Doctor: IMP (Dusty brown tomcat with a fuzzy pelt)
Guard: FOXTEETH (Brown speckled she-cat with sharp fangs)
Citizen: TOPAZ (Ginger tomcat with a muscular build)

Staghorn's eyes open, and he is a sarcastic kitten with a snarky personality. He becomes friends with Gingerdash.
"I grew up without a mother, too," she tells him. "It's nothing to feel bad about."
image.png.38a23bd8a9c0963f9abea5601633ae62.png

Wayde grows into an adult tomcat.
image.png.d0885329de590633e85e914fd347fa85.png

Meanwhile, Topaz visits Rippedear in a dream.
"Rippedear."
"Dad?" Rippedear advances quickly towards the voice and sees Topaz's ginger pelt shimmering in an enchanting light. "Dad!" He runs up to the bulky tom and nuzzles him. Topaz no longer has the injuries he had in life and looks whole and happy.
"I've come to bring you news from the first Tiny Colony, Rippedear. I have good news and I have bad news. Soon, you will be leading the colony."
"Leading the colony? But that means-"
"...Your mother will be joining me soon," Topaz finishes. "It's going to be hard for you to adjust. But with this change comes a bright future for you, too. I want you to bring up moving the colony to a new island to the next gathering."
Rippedear feels unsure. He was born here on this island, after all. But if Topaz came to visit him and tell him to leave, there had to be good reason for it.
"...I will," says Rippedear. "I'll follow what you say and what Bold says."
"I'm so proud of you," says Topaz, resting his head on his son's. "I miss you terribly, but you have a great life ahead of you, Rippedear. Go without fear." Topaz fades, and Rippedear awakens in his den. He wonders if he should tell his mother of his dream.
No, he thinks to himself. If he tells his mother, he could worry her. After all, Topaz said she was going to be joining him soon.

Finally, Gingerdash approaches Wayde one day with a flower in her jaw.
"Wayde, I want to be your mate," she asserts. "I've liked you for a long time, and I want to be by your side.
Wayde feels his face heat up, and he averts her gaze. "I.. I like you too, Gingerdash. I'd love to be your mate."

Flowerheart finally dies of old age, and Rippedear takes her place as the ruler of the colony.

The Summer festival takes place, and Rippedear shares his dream with the colony.
image.thumb.png.ea4075f78a248592401cbb2cde0f6448.png
(Left to right: Juno, Gingerdash, Wayde, Rippedear, Staghorn, Harpy, and Deerpelt)

"I propose that we move to a new island," he asserts. "This island has treated us well, but we are often plagued with sleeping sickness, thorns, and leeches. I think we can find a better life elsewhere."
"I had enough trouble adjusting to this island," says Juno. "But I'm used to it now. Why move elsewhere?"
"I think it's a good idea," says Wayde. "This swamp is depressing. I think we deserve a change of scenery."
"I think it's a good idea, too," adds Staghorn. "The food around here stinks. I want something new."
"I want something new," says Harpy. "I've lived in this old place all my life."
"I'm good either way," says Gingerdash.
"I don't want to go," says Deerpelt, "But if you all go, I will."

The colony decides to go and debates on the direction in which they will move. They decide to head east, towards a lush looking path.

Gingerdash grows into a full adult she-cat.
image.png.64c6493ccc38c51b19ac13dcb458561a.png

Gingerdash later announces that she is pregnant.
"I'm excited to have our new kitten in a new land," she purrs to Wayde. 
"Me too," Wayde agrees. "We're going to have a lovely family there."
The colony lands in the new island shortly after the festival- they are in a lush, rich jungle.
image.png.ccf37c8db0f24e57f439d0bc9beb9234.png

• Like 3

CHAPTER 45 - DAY 931 CURRENT SEASON: Fall Year 24
STATUS CHECK
Leader: RIPPEDEAR (Light ginger tomcat with torn right ear)
Arrival: Citizen: STAGHORN (Brown speckled tomcat with a fuzzy pelt)
Arrival: Citizen: GINGERDASH (Pretty ginger she-cat with long legs)
DEATHS

"This place is beautiful," Wayde says to Rippedear. "You made a great choice."
"I only did as I was told," purrs Rippedear. "Are you excited for Gingerdash to have the kitten?"
"I am," meows Wayde. "I want to give my kitten a better life than most cats get to have. I'll do anything to protect Gingerdash and our kitten." Wayde puffs up his chest proudly and then looks to Rippedear. "You know, you need to find a mate, too. There's plenty of pretty she-cats in the colony!"
"I have plenty of time to decide," shrugs Rippedear. "I want to focus on leading the colony into this new land right now."

The fall festival is celebrated.

Gingerdash gives birth to a bright red she-cat kitten. 
"We can call her Redfur," says Wayde. "For her beautiful pelt."
image.png.9007eb885e7bda1d784f7598dca9bccb.png

Meanwhile, Deerpelt is patrolling the colony one day when he hears meowing. In the brush he finds an abandoned kitten with a beautiful blue pelt.
"I'll take him as my kitten," says Harpy. "I've always wanted one of my own. I'll name him Riverback."
Riverback immediately bonds to Harpy and considers her his mother.
image.png.42250527e68bcd8c6e1613f6915fbf05.png

Riverback's eyes later open, and he is a friendly and relaxed tomcat. He enjoys playing with his mother and with Redfur since she's close to him in age.
"Be careful with her," meows Wayde, putting himself between Redfur and Riverback.

Another uniquely colored kitten is taken into the colony.
"This place sure has a lot of kittens lying around," mumbles Gingerdash, surprised.
"I'll take her in," says Deerpelt. "She needs someone to look after her. I'll name her Earthgrove."
image.png.55dde9fe5dd433a8cb370eb5a9c86fbb.png

The colony celebrates their winter festival. Rippedear looks proudly over his diverse and multiplying colony.
image.thumb.png.d6528d5521ca4de003ed673a5010131d.png

• Like 3

CHAPTER 46 - DAY 951 CURRENT SEASON: Spring Year 24
STATUS CHECK
Citizen: STAGHORN (Brown speckled tomcat with a fuzzy pelt)
Citizen: GINGERDASH (Pretty ginger she-cat with long legs)
Arrival: Citizen: RIVERBACK (Blue tomcat with a sleek build)
Arrival: Citizen: EARTHGROVE (Uniquely colored she-cat with a shimmering pelt)
Arrival: Citizen: REDFUR (Deep red she-cat with a sleek build)

Rippedear grows into a full adult cat. 
"Have you made your choice?" Wayde asks him curiously, flicking his tail.
"Choice of what?"
"Your mate. Who you'll ask." Wayde waves a paw at the other side of the clearing, where Juno and Harpy are talking.
Rippedear shrugs. "They're both pretty she-cats."

image.png.8ff83406b62450653430423d171531c5.png

Rippedear doesn't decide who gets to be his mate- his mate chooses him. Juno comes to Rippedear one evening, laying beside him.
"I'd really like to be your mate, Rippedear," says the gray she-cat. "I think we could raise some lovely kittens together."
"I agree," says Rippedear. He feels awkward, but he is flattered- Juno is beautiful. "I'll be your mate, Juno."

One day, Deerpelt is patrolling the borders when he comes across a golden tomcat with dark brown mane. The male dips his head politely.
"I see you've got a pretty big colony," he says. "My name is Goldenwing. I'd like to join your colony."
"We're always looking for new members," says Deerpelt. "Let me introduce you to our leader."
Rippedear makes Goldenwing a colony member.

image.png.a3fed9096284a95d34c66492f5cb12b5.png

Riverback grows into a teenaged cat. He becomes good friends with Staghorn.
image.png.9308263b8b471f9c51c9eef6f097d67c.png

The colony is soon joined by yet another cat- a dark ginger tom with tan speckles. His name is Spottedfang. Spottedfang is inducted as a colony member, and he begins training under Harpy as a Doctor's apprentice. Juno also becomes friends with him.
image.png.843ac290cc4feb8c7564eb729f3cc2b1.png

The colony celebrates their spring festival. (And the author apologizes for the lack of detail in writing I am just having trouble keeping up with all of these cats)

image.thumb.png.23f102e83d63c34fead347a0109bd93d.png

(Left to right: Wayde, Harpy, Rippedear, Spottedfang, Juno, Goldenwing, Staghorn, Riverback, Gingerdash, Deerpelt, Redfur, and Earthgrove)

• Like 3

CHAPTER 47 - DAY 961 CURRENT SEASON: Summer Year 25
STATUS CHECK
Leader: RIPPEDEAR (Light ginger tomcat with torn right ear)
Guard: DEERPELT (Brown speckled tom with dark eyes)
Doctor: HARPY (Gray she-cat with dark gray patches)
Citizen: JUNO (Short gray she-cat with soft fur)
Citizen: WAYDE (Tan tomcat with dark brown mane)
Citizen: STAGHORN (Brown speckled tomcat with a fuzzy pelt)
Citizen: GINGERDASH (Pretty ginger she-cat with long legs)
Citizen: RIVERBACK (Blue tomcat with a sleek build)
Citizen: EARTHGROVE (Uniquely colored she-cat with a shimmering pelt)
Citizen: REDFUR (Deep red she-cat with a sleek build)
Arrival: Citizen: Goldenwing (Golden tomcat with dark brown mane)
Arrival: Citizen: Spottedfang (Handsome dark ginger tomcat with tan speckles)

Redfur grows into a teenaged she-cat.
"She's no longer a kitten," Wayde meows to Gingerdash. "We've raised her well, but I'll miss having a kitten around."
"Well, we're going to be having another, soon," purrs Gingerdash proudly.
"Really?" Wayde smiles.
Gingerdash nods. "Due in the fall.

Wayde excitedly runs to tell Rippedear.
"I'm going to be having a kitten with Juno too," purrs Rippedear proudly.

The summer festival begins, and Staghorn grows into an adult cat.

In the early fall, Gingerdash and Juno have their kittens. The colony gathers around Juno and Rippedear's kitten with great interest. Every cat wants to see their future leader. He is a healthy-looking kitten with a shiny silver pelt. His dark brown mane shimmers in the morning sun. The kitten clings closely to Juno.
"We'll name him Silverstar," says Rippedear. "I've never seen a cat's pelt glimmer like that."
image.png.c32719e2693e776b2575f0974510fd61.png

Also in the doctor's den, Gingerdash gives birth to another kitten- this time, a son named Firethorn. Redfur, especially, is proud of her younger brother and curls up next to her mother to care for him.
"I want to help look after him," she says proudly to Gingerdash and Wayde.
image.png.42ac698cc7e36b9f5ef5505da71dcdce.png
"The colony is at fourteen members with these new kittens," Staghorn meows proudly. "We're the largest we've ever been."
"I hope our food supplies stay sustainable with all of these cats," Deerpelt meows to his son.

A bearyena attacks the colony in the middle of a fall storm, but the cats of the colony take it down before it reaches the doctor's den where the newborn kittens are resting.

The fall festival arrives.
image.thumb.png.d10516dac1461a212447d95c7c76ce87.png

• Like 3
  • Love 1

CHAPTER 48 - DAY 981 CURRENT SEASON: Winter Year 25
STATUS CHECK
Doctor: HARPY (Gray she-cat with dark gray patches)
Citizen: JUNO (Short gray she-cat with soft fur)
Citizen: WAYDE (Tan tomcat with dark brown mane)
Citizen: GINGERDASH (Pretty ginger she-cat with long legs)
Citizen: RIVERBACK (Blue tomcat with a sleek build)
Citizen: EARTHGROVE (Uniquely colored she-cat with a shimmering pelt)
Citizen: REDFUR (Deep red she-cat with a sleek build)
Citizen: Goldenwing (Golden tomcat with dark brown mane)
Citizen: Spottedfang (Handsome dark ginger tomcat with tan speckles)
Arrival: Citizen: Silverstar (Silver tomcat with brown mane)
Arrival: Citizen: Firethorn (Fire red tomcat with blazing brown eyes)

Firethorn and Silverstar's eyes open, and from when their personalities first emerge, they become good friends. SIlverstar is a quiet and watchful tomkit, doing a lot of thinking before he goes into things, while Firethorn is a bold and daring tomcat who often gets Silverstar into trouble. 
Silverstar is especially close to his mother, Juno, and adores her. 
"I don't approve of Silverstar being so close to Firethorn," says Rippedear to Juno. "He gets Silverstar into all kinds of trouble. I can't say anything to him because he's Wayde's son."
"Give Firethorn a break, Rippedear," laughs Juno. "They're just kittens."

image.thumb.png.3419999698698c633f4d9c4fcbb6a969.png

One day, Riverback approaches Redfur with a flower in his jaw.
"Redfur, I've been thinking," the blue tom says, twitching one of his ears. "I'd like for us to be mates when we're older. You're a beautiful and clever she-cat. So would you be my mate?"
Uncomfortably, Redfur shifts on her paws. "I... I view you as my friend, Riverback. I really don't like you that way."
Riverback flattens his ears. "...Ah. Sorry about that, then." He mumbles, and pads off towards the rest of the colony.
"Riverback, wait!" Redfur says. But Riverback has no interest in being friends with Redfur any longer.

Deerpelt dies of old age, the first loss the colony has experienced in a long time. The colony mourns his loss.
Gingerdash approaches Rippedear. "Rippedear, I would like to be promoted as the guard of the colony. I'm the strongest cat in the colony, and I want to be able to protect my kittens."
"That sounds good to me," purrs Rippedear. "You're a quick-thinking cat. You'll make a good guard, Gingerdash."
Staghorn, who hears the conversation, flattens his ears in jealousy- he wanted to take his father's place as the guard. 
"Then I'll be your apprentice," he asserts coldly, his chest puffed up. 
"...Alright," Gingerdash nods slowly. "That's... fine, I guess." 

On the day of the winter festival, a pretty tan she-cat approaches Gingerdash.
"Be careful treading in colony territory," says Gingerdash. "Were it not the day of the winter festival, I'd challenge you."
"I came on this day because I'm interested in joining you," says the she-cat. "My name is Kebuma. I'm without a colony, and yours seems large and plentiful."
"We are," says Gingerdash. "I'll introduce you to Rippedear."
Kebuma is made a member of the colony. She becomes friends with Gingerdash as Gingerdash shows her around the winter festival.
"I was new to the colony once, too," says Spottedfang, approaching her and bowing his head. "I'd like to introduce myself to you. I'm Spottedfang."
"Nice to meet you, Spottedfang," says Kebuma. She can feel her face heating up. 
Spottedfang walks away, and Gingerdash smiles at Kebuma. "You're a pretty young she-cat, you know. Plenty of tomcats here are looking for mates."
"Really?" asks Kebuma. "I like him a lot."
"Get to know him," suggests Gingerdash casually. "He's a sweet and easygoing cat."
"Rippedear is pretty handsome too," says Kebuma. "Does he have a mate?"
"He's mates with Juno," says Gingerdash.
Kebuma flattens her ears. "Oh."
image.png.15a3c35f1bebb9d90b38d7941aad6156.png

The rest of the winter festival goes well.

image.thumb.png.a567d25d2b04ff2783535d487ae59850.png

• Like 3

CHAPTER 49 - DAY 991 CURRENT SEASON: Spring Year 25
STATUS CHECK
Guard: GINGERDASH (Pretty ginger she-cat with long legs)
Citizen: GOLDENWING (Golden tomcat with dark brown mane)
Citizen: SPOTTEDFANG (Handsome dark ginger tomcat with tan speckles)
Citizen: SILVERSTAR (Silver tomcat with brown mane)
Citizen: FIRETHORN (Fire red tomcat with blazing brown eyes)
Arrival: Citizen: KEBUMA (Pretty light tan she-cat with beautiful green eyes)
DEATHS

Silverstar and Firethorn grow into teenagers.

Harpy is trapped within a carnivorous jungle plant and dies; the cats of the colony do not get to her quick enough to help her. Spottedfang becomes the doctor of the colony as her replacement. Riverback becomes his apprentice.

Staghorn approaches Kebuma one day and asks her to be his mate.
"I'm... really not interested, Staghorn. I'm sorry."
Staghorn is surprisingly not offended and takes the rejection with stride. "That's okay, Kebuma. There's a ton of tomcats in the colony, I can understand if your eyes are on another." He smiles politely.

Gingerdash announces that she is once again pregnant.
"I can't wait to have another sibling," Redfur purrs happily.

However, the joy is short lived- Gingerdash is also eaten by a carnivorous jungle plant, leaving Wayde, her kits, and Kebuma to mourn her. Juno dies of an illness the same day, and Wayde and Rippedear mourn their mates together.

"We've made it through everything together," Wayde says to Rippedear. "We'll figure out a way through this, Rippedear. There's plenty of pretty she-cats in the colony who I'm sure would love to date you."
Rippedear looks over at Wayde. "You're looking for another mate?"
Wayde shakes his head. "Nah, Gingerdash is the only one for me. But you're younger than me, Rippedear. I think you deserve to be happy with another she-cat."
Rippedear thinks about this, resting his head on his paws. "Hm."

Staghorn, meanwhile, becomes the guard of the colony to replace Gingerdash.
Firethorn approaches Staghorn in the days after Gingerdash's death.
"Staghorn," the young red tomcat says firmly. "I want to become your apprentice. I want to protect the colony from this happening again. What happened to my mother and what happened to Harpy."
Staghorn looks at the young tom and smiles. "Sounds like we've got a future guard on our hands. I'll make sure you're the next guard, Firethorn."

One day, Kebuma approaches Spottedfang.
"Spottedfang, you've been kind to me since I joined the colony," she says. "I would like for you to be my mate."
The ginger tomcat purrs and nods. "Of course, Kebuma."
image.thumb.png.2e5d4e37d56e637738ef98004f224b7a.png
(Left to right: Firethorn, Kebuma, Spottedfang, Goldenwing, Earthgrove, Redfur, Riverback, Staghorn, Rippedear, Silverstar, and Wayde)

At the spring festival, Rippedear confronts the colony.
"It's been 25 years since the Tiny Colony was founded," says Rippedear, "And four years since my mother recreated it as the New Tiny Colony. I think this is something worth celebration." The cats of the colony chatter in agreement.
"But I have a new idea. I think that, while this island has treated us well, it is time for us to move on."
"Move on?" We've been here for only a year and a half," says Staghorn. "What's the point?"
"In this past spring, we have lost three cats, and two of those deaths are from accidents related to the fauna that live here." Rippedear's eyes are downcast as he remembers Gingerdash and Juno. "We need a new place if we expect a home where we can raise a new generation of kittens."

"I think a new place sounds fun," says Kebuma. Spottedfang nods in agreement.
"I'm not sure," says Earthgrove. "I was raised here. I like it here."
Redfur agrees with Earthgrove. "It would be a lot on us to move."
"I think we shouldn't be afraid of change," Riverfang says, side-eyeing Redfur sadly. "We should move."
"I support Rippedear," says Wayde. "We should go."

After discussion, the colony decides to move islands.

• Like 3

CHAPTER 50 - DAY 1001 CURRENT SEASON: Summer Year 26
STATUS CHECK
Guard: STAGHORN (Brown speckled tomcat with a fuzzy pelt)
Doctor: SPOTTEDFANG (Handsome dark ginger tomcat with tan speckles)
Citizen: KEBUMA (Pretty light tan she-cat with beautiful green eyes)
DEATHS

Guard: GINGERDASH (Pretty ginger she-cat with long legs)

One day, Wayde approaches Rippedear. Wayde's usual happy expression is one of worry and almost guilt.
"Rippedear, I have something important to talk to you about."
"Of course," Rippedear says to Wayde. "What is it?"
"I'm not going to the new island."
"But I thought you supported the decision," Rippedear says. "Did I make the wrong one?"
"No," says Wayde. "I said I supported you and your decision. But I can't come, Rippedear. I'm getting older, and I want to remain where Gingerdash was. Where I first met her."
"Wayde..." Rippedear shuts his eyes and sighs. "...I understand, Wayde. You are my friend, and you will remain my friend no matter where I go. I will always remember you."
"Goldenwing wanted me to tell you he's staying too," says Wayde. "So don't worry. I won't be alone."

The colony votes to head east.

While preparing to leave the island, Staghorn encounters a dark ginger she-cat with brown eyes.
"I'm looking for a colony," she says casually. 
"Well, if you want a colony, you'd better talk to our leader soon," says Staghorn. We're leaving the jungle. What's your name?"
"I'm Summerbranch," she says. Summerbranch is introduced to the colony and becomes friends with Redfur, Firebranch, Silverstar, and Riverback. Silverstar develops a crush on Summerbranch, thinking her beautiful.

image.png.7921b755988bc8cca9c276c3b4821b1c.png

Kebuma proudly tells Spottedfang during the preparation for the move that she is expecting a kitten, and Spottedfang is overjoyed.

It takes a whole season for the colony to prepare to leave the island. When they do finally leave, it is the day of the summer festival, and Rippedear gives the island one last look before he leaves. Wayde stands at the coast of the island, seeing his clanmates off. They lock eyes as Rippedear moves forward, and Wayde slowly fades into the fog.

The cats find themselves on a moving island, one unlike they've ever been on before.
image.png.d10e105bb0ba9f37d4dc754f4e01ba25.png

"This sure is a strange place," says Redfur. "Nothing like the jungle, that's for sure."
"I'm excited to see what's around!" Meows Firethorn.

Finally, Summerbranch approaches Rippedear one day.
"Rippedear, I'd like to be your mate," she says. "I think we could go well together, and I really appreciate you welcoming me into the colony. I think we've become good friends, and I want to advance that."
Rippedear is shocked. Summerbranch is beautiful, but he hasn't really thought about any she-cats since Juno died. But he remembers what Wayde told him seasons ago.
Be happy.
"I accept, Summerbranch," says Rippedear, smiling. "Thank you."

Chatter spreads throughout the colony about Rippedear taking up a new mate- no cat has ever done that before, let alone a colony leader. Most cats are supportive, but there are a few dissenting voices.
"I know I could never love another cat after taking up a mate," says Earthgrove. She squints across the clearing at Rippedear and Summerbranch.
Spottedfang nods. "I don't see why he needs to have two mates. I mean, he and Juno had a kitten together. How does Silverstar feel?"
"Silverstar is fine. Leave Rippedear alone," asserts Redfur. "I know what my dad was like when my mother died. Rippedear has to have been lonely; why can't we be happy for him?"

Kebuma's kitten is born- she is another flaming red cat. Kebuma names her Hera. Hera stays close to her mother, her eyes shut tight. Kebuma and Hera form a close bond of mother and kitten.

The colony celebrates their Fall festival.
image.thumb.png.60ef2680ed40cdff547e7a8ddda515df.png

• Like 3
  • Love 1

CHAPTER 51 - DAY 1021 CURRENT SEASON: Winter Year 26
STATUS CHECK
Citizen: KEBUMA (Pretty light tan she-cat with beautiful green eyes)
Arrival: Citizen: HERA (Bright red she-cat with dark eyes and short messy fur)
DEPARTURES

Earthgrove approaches Riverback one day.
"Riverback." Her voice is quiet but a little shaky. Riverback looks at her, alert.
"We've been gatheting berries together lately and..." she pauses. "I know you like Redfur, but I like you, Riverback. I like you a lot. And I'd like to be your mate." She flattens her ears shyly. 

"Really?" Riverback asks. "I'd... I'd like to be your mate, too, Earthgrove. I think we have a lot in common." The two become mates.

A bearyena attacks the colony. It sneaks to where Kebuma is nesting, and she yowls in terror. Hearing the noise, Spottedfang runs quickly to the doctor's den where Kebuma and Hera are. He swipes his claws at the creature. "Help!" he yells.
Earthgrove is closest by. The purple she-cat runs toward the bearyena, fighting it. The other cats can't reach the bearyena in time. The creature swipes a powerful claw at Spottedfang's head and knocks him back against a rock.
Kebuma lets out another terrified yowl. She rushes to Spottedfang's side, trying desperately to shake him awake.
Silverstar and Summerbranch hear the commotion and arrive to fight the bearyena alongside Earthgrove. They manage to kill the creature. 

Earthgrove is damaged from the battle, a new scar forming over her right eye. Riverback rushes to her side, examining her wounds and thanking the heavens when he sees she'll be okay aside from the scar. But his stomach drops when he looks over and sees Spottedfang's body. Kebuma is still trying to wake him up.
"Kebuma..." Riverback starts. "He's gone, Kebuma." Riverbranch takes over Spottedfang's position as lead doctor.

Kebuma looks up at Riverback in silence before burying her face in his shoulder. "He died protecting me," she says into his blue fur. "He died protecting our kitten."

Summerbranch announces that she'll be having a kitten soon, and Rippedear is overjoyed.

Hera's eyes open, and Kebuma throws herself into caring for her. The mother and kitten grow very close in the absence of Spottedfang, and Kebuma tells Hera stories of how Spottedfang gave his life saving them.

The colony celebrates their winter festival. It is a solemn celebration with the recent loss of Spottedfang.
image.thumb.png.15aeeb3293edd4d7df9f16a546ef2596.png
Kebuma approaches Riverback during the festival with Hera in her jaws. She sets the small red she-kitten down in front of Riverback.
"Riverback..." Kebuma begins, taking a deep breath. "I want you to teach Hera how to be a doctor. Hera backs away from Riverback shyly.
"Are you sure?" Riverback asks. 
"I want her to carry on Spottedfang's legacy," asserts Kebuma. "She's a smart kitten. She's got doctor in her blood. Please, Riverback."
"...I can try," says the tom. "We'll have to start when she's an adolescent, though."
"Thank you, Riverback," says Kebuma. Hera looks away from Riverback shyly as Kebuma carries her away.

Silverstar grows into a full adult cat. He is one of the fastest cats in the colony.
image.png.647847be2fbbb21a992d354af7f91efd.png

Riverback announces to the colony that Earthgrove is going to be having a kitten.

Summerbranch has she and Rippedear's kitten. She has a bright red tomkitten, who she names Sunsprout. Sunsprout is a quiet kitten, sticking close to his mother and avoiding other cats.
image.png.f0c75e0af9ada3c7ba90fb14fd6108c3.png

At the spring festival, Silverstar approaches Kabuma.
"Kabuma, I know you've been through a lot." Silverstar nervously shuffles his paws. "But I'd like to be your mate. I want to make you happy, Kabuma. You're a beautiful she-cat with a brave heart."
Kabuma thinks about this for a minute. "...Yes, Silverstar. I'll be your mate."
image.thumb.png.d4d09bc65eab69bb118e864595f82c13.png

• Like 4

CHAPTER 52 - DAY 1041 CURRENT SEASON: Summer Year 27
STATUS CHECK
Doctor: RIVERBACK (Blue tomcat with a sleek build)
Citizen: HERA (Bright red she-cat with dark eyes and short messy fur)
Arrival: Citizen: SUNSPROUT (Dark ginger tomcat with ginger mane and brown eyes)
DEATHS

Earthgrove has her kitten- a she-cat who is nearly a carbon copy of her. She names the kitten Oasis. Oasis adores her mother and follows her around as much as a kitten can. Earthgrove is happy with her kitten, but remembers the days when she was younger and Riverback loved Redfur. Though Riverback has no feelings towards Redfur now, Earthgrove is still suspicious and instructs her kitten not to trust Redfur.
image.png.3c082ef93165996a5c1db5e0be1d736a.png

Sunsprout's eyes open and he is a shy kitten who sticks close to Rippedear. Summerbranch isn't used to raising kittens, so she tends to distance herself from him.

The summer festival is celebrated.

A bearyena attacks Rippedear one day when he is out on colony borders with the young Sunsprout. Rippedear feels fear rush through him. He's an old cat now. He knows one hit from this bearyena will kill him. But he's the only thing standing between his son and the bearyena. The last thing he wants is to run from a battle, but he can't let Sunsprout watch him die. He looks at Sunsprout.
"Run. Go get help."
"I-I can't!" Sunsprout yelps, flattening his ears. 
"Go to the colony!" Hisses Rippedear. Rippedear yowls for help, raising his hackles at the bearyena. Sunsprout tries to listen to Rippedear, but he can't move. He can't leave his father's side. The bearyena barrels past Rippedear, charging towards Sunsprout. The bearyena descends upon the ginger kitten. 
Yowling with rage, Rippedear leaps upon the bearyena's back. But the creature throws Rippedear off of him. Summerbranch claws and bites at the bearyena in a fury in a futile attempt to rip the creature off of Sunsprout.

Summerbranch lands the final blow on the creature, but it is too late. Sunsprout is gone. Upon seeing this, Summerbranch is sent into a fury, continuing to attack the bearyena's body. Riverback pulls her off of the body, and enraged, she turns to him. He has clawmarks streaming down his face from the battle- scars that he'd be keeping.

The colony mourns Sunsprout's death- especially Rippedear. 
"I couldn't protect him." His voice is quiet and somber.
"There wasn't anything you could have done," Silverstar pleads with his father. "You did everything to protect him that you could."
"And he's still dead," Rippedear hisses bitterly. He refuses to eat, and falls ill.

Summerbranch and Silverstar watch Rippedear deteriorate, and he dies on a windy day in the middle of fall. Silverstar takes his place as leader. Despite the sad circumstances, Firethorn and Riverback celebrate with Silverstar to help him cheer up.
"You're going to be one of the colony's best leaders," says Firethorn confidently. "And one day, I'll be your best guard. I've always been your best friend, Silverstar. And I ain't stopping now that you're some king."

Another bearyena attacks the colony- it goes after a terrified Oasis, whose eyes have recently opened.
Determined to not let her daughter die like Sunsprout did, Earthgrove leaps in front of her kitten. The bearyena attacks her, quickly killing her. Kebuma charges the beast, but it gnashes her leg in its teeth. It is about to kill her, but Summerbranch charges at the creature, taking it down almost singlehandedly in her rage.
"No more of these... demons," Summerbranch says between pants, staring into Silverstar's eyes. "Never again. I'll fight every last one of them for the rest of my life."

Riverback examines Kebuma, and approaches Silverstar.
"It's not good. Her front left leg is broken- she'll never be able to fight again."
Silverstar feels a hatred burn through him. The bearyena takes his brother, and now it's almost killed his mate.

Riverback is traumatized by the death of Earthgrove, and becomes wildly protective of Oasis. He becomes increasingly strict when teaching Hera how to be a colony doctor.

Kebuma is downtrodden by her injury, but a week or so later, she has happier news for Silverstar.
"We're going to be having a kitten," she purrs.
"It's about time we have some good news," says Silverstar.

The fall festival is celebrated.

image.thumb.png.0631616bf2fd4a34315924325df49192.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

CHAPTER 53 - DAY 1061 CURRENT SEASON: Winter Year 27
STATUS CHECK
Leader: SILVERSTAR (Silver tomcat with brown mane)
Citizen: SUMMERBRANCH (Tall dark ginger she-cat)
Citizen: HERA (Bright red she-cat with dark eyes and short messy fur)
Arrival: Citizen: OASIS (Purple she-cat with brown eyes, spitting image of Earthgrove)
DEATHS

Arrival: Citizen: SUNSPROUT (Dark ginger tomcat with ginger mane and brown eyes)

Kebuma gives birth to a kitten, but she and the kitten contract an illness and die soon after birth. Silverstar's friends come to him to support him.
"I'm here for you, Silverstar," says Redfur, pressing her muzzle into his shoulder.
"Thanks, Redfur," meows the silver tom. "I really appreciate you."

Another bearyena attacks the colony, and all of the cats band together to fight it to avenge the cats they'd lost to other bearyenas. The creature scars Firethorn on each shoulder, but he leads the fight in taking down the creature.

Staghorn is dying of old age, and the cats of the colony surround him.
"Firethorn, come forward," he says. The red tom steps toward him.
"You've served as an amazing apprentice for many seasons. May you live long as a guard of this colony." Staghorn dies with these words, and Firethorn is made guard.

"I'd like to be a guard too, Oasis says to Firethorn some days after. Firethorn raises his eyebrows, looking at the small purple she-cat.
"Are you sure?"
"Bearyenas took my mother," says Oasis. "I... I want to learn how to protect those I love. I want to keep that from happening to any other cat."
Firethorn shuts his eyes, but he nods. "I'll teach you, Oasis."

The colony celebrates their winter festival, and there, Silverstar makes a proposition.
"When the old island was threatening cats of the colony, my father moved us to a new place," begins Silverstar. "This is why I propose that we move once more. To a new island."
But the colony members oppose, fearing adapting to a new place. The only cat to approve is Redfur. She comes to Silverstar after the meeting.
"Ask them at the Spring festival," purrs Redfur. "They may be more open to move when summer is here and food has been plentiful."
"I just hope we last long enough without losing any more cats until then," says Silverstar, resting his head on Redfur's.
image.thumb.png.97f53857d370aa96827c7fbb6dc8a122.png

Redfur one day approaches Silverstar.
"Silverstar," she begins, "I want to be your mate. You've been through so much, and you need a strong she-cat to stand beside you. I hope I can be that she-cat."
"Of course," purrs Silverstar, nuzzling Redfur. "I'd love to."

Firethorn and Riverback die of a disease, leaving Oasis to be the guard and Hera to be doctor. Silverstar mourns the loss of his old friends, and begins to wonder if he's even doing the right thing and if these deaths are somehow punishment for him.
"You didn't do anything wrong," says Redfur. "You've fought so hard, Silverstar. We're going to make it through this."

The spring festival arrives. Silverstar once again brings his idea of moving islands to the colony.
"I implore you to consider this," says Silverstar. "We can't survive here much longer."
"I agree with him," says Redfur. "We can't stay here forever."
Reluctantly, the cats of the colony agree to move.
image.thumb.png.ece755135f12f0b5b83e0b76aaeba0e6.png

• Like 3
  • Eek! 1

CHAPTER 54 - DAY 1081 CURRENT SEASON: Summer Year 28
STATUS CHECK
Doctor: HERA (Bright red she-cat with dark eyes and short messy fur)
Guard: OASIS (Purple she-cat with brown eyes, spitting image of Earthgrove)
Citizen: SUMMERBRANCH (Tall dark ginger she-cat)
DEATHS

The colony is faced with an overwhelming amount of options and many diverging paths when they go to leave the island. After some bickering, they decide to take a path towards a hot grassland. (Thanks, RNG. 😭)
image.png.60531c55149e30d0eb803f2426467290.png

A bearyena attacks the colony. The cats of the colony team up to fight it- except Redfur, who stands back. The bearyena tears off Oasis's right ear, and leaves a notch in the other. Even so, she survives. The creature is taken down.
"Why didn't you help her?" Hera flattens her ears, hissing at Redfur. "All of us were fighting except you."
"Because..." Redfur hesitates. "I'm going to be having a kitten. I wanted to be safe."
"Really!?" Silverstar yowls excitedly, running over to Redfur. Redfur nods and smiles. The colony celebrates this at their summer festival.

Silverstar is happy at the prospect of having a kitten, but he fears it being born unhealthy like his kitten with Kebuma's was. He is relieved when Redfur gives birth to a healthy son- and a unique looking son at that. She has a snow-white tomkit with a plump and healthy build. Silverstar praises heaven for this. He names his son Moontooth.
Redfur beams upon her son with pride, but develops an infection and dies soon after having Moontooth. Miraculously, the kitten is unharmed and remains healthy.
image.png.dda9455006560bd482071a9b638a303f.png

Except a bearyena comes (OH COME ON) and eats Moontooth. This leaves Silverstar, Hera, and Oasis.

Meanwhile, Oasis announces she will be having a kitten.
"With who!?" Asks Silverstar, shocked- and frankly, resentful, since he just lost his kitten and mate.
"A rogue," says Oasis casually. "I just think we need to expand the colony."

Silverstar dies of old age, and it's left up to Hera and Oasis.
"I think you should be leader," suggests Hera. "After all, you're going to be having an heir. I will remain your guard."
Oasis bows her head gratefully. "Thank you, Hera."

So a new dynasty began. And soon after this dynasty began came a new tomcat to join the colony. His name is Demon, and he's a serious stray cat who went into the wild to create a name for himself. Despite his scary name, he is more quiet and intimidating than anything. He sees Hera and Oasis alone without anyone else in their colony, and he offers the two of them protection.
"Sure, if you can be our doctor, too," says Oasis.
Confused but willing, Demon accepts.
image.png.412f3fdb8f938ac72757064d4f476453.png

The small colony of three celebrates their Spring festival together.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

CHAPTER 55 - DAY 1121 CURRENT SEASON: Summer Year 29
STATUS CHECK
Leader: OASIS (Purple she-cat with brown eyes, spitting image of Earthgrove)
Doctor: HERA (Bright red she-cat with dark eyes and short messy fur)
Arrival: Doctor: DEMON (Black tabby cat with ginger mane and sharp claws)
DEATHS
Citizen: SUMMERBRANCH (Tall dark ginger she-cat)

Oasis has her daughter. She is a golden tan she-cat who sticks close to her mother. Oasis names her Jaguarfur, in hopes she will grow up to be fierce.
image.png.0bd4843b46aba9279f01481373fbbc00.png

Another bearyena attacks the colony. It kills Oasis and Hera before it dies, leaving Demon to raise Jaguarfur. Luckily, Demon is not alone, for he encounters a young tomcat named Boarpaw. Boarpaw is friendly and used to living in the savanna, and is happy to help Demon and Jaguarfur. Demon names him guard of the colony.
image.png.ff9a287d56eb27142a26d14216c346e7.png

Meanwhile, Jaguarfur's eyes open. She is a timid she-cat who is unsure about being ruler of a colony.
"It's your responsibility," Demon says bluntly. "You're carrying on the legacy of a colony here. You can't just quit because you don't want to do it."
"You're gonna be a great leader," says Boarpaw reassuringly. "I believe in you."

A bearyena attacks the colony, leaving scars on Boarpaw's back. But they manage to take the creature down together.

Jaguarfur grows into a teenager, and she begins to develop feelings for Boarpaw.
The three cats celebrate their winter festival.
"I don't know how I'll ever live up to being a leader," confesses Jaguarfur.
"You have to take it day by day," says Demon. "I can't guarantee how long we'll be around, but you have to keep fighting. It's the only way we'll survive."
image.png.9a51308a58144e9145a5a31dd2faa5b3.png

• Like 4

CHAPTER 56 - DAY 1151 CURRENT SEASON: Spring Year 29
STATUS CHECK
Arrival: Leader: JAGUARFUR (Golden she-cat with a muscular body)
Arrival: Guard: BOARPAW (Muddy brown tomcat with blue eyes)
Doctor: DEMON (Black tabby cat with ginger mane and sharp claws)
DEATHS

Leader: OASIS (Purple she-cat with brown eyes, spitting image of Earthgrove)
Doctor: HERA
 (Bright red she-cat with dark eyes and short messy fur)

One day, Boarpaw is patrolling the borders when he finds a young dusty gray she-cat. She's around the same age as Jaguarfur. Desperate for more colony members, Boarpaw calls her over.
"What're you doing by yourself?" Boarpaw asks politely, approaching the she-cat.
"I'm looking for a colony," she says. "Mine was lost to famine."
"Our colony has plenty of food," says the brown tom. "I'm Boarpaw. What's your name?"
"Whistletail," the she-cat says quietly.
Whistletail is introduced to the colony and made a colony member by Jaguarfur.
image.png.d707247bc6488765dfc1e6db9bb9fc3c.png
"I don't really trust her," Jaguarfur says to Boarpaw. "She's too quiet."
"I don't like her much either, but we need more colony members," insists Boarpaw. "Demon seems to be getting along with her, though."
Demon is across the clearing, showing Whistletail different doctor's herbs.
"Maybe we have our next doctor," continues Boarpaw.

One day, Jaguarfur approaches Boarpaw.
"Boarpaw, I'd like you to be my mate," she says." Boarpaw flattens his ears.
"Jaguarfur, you're my best friend," says Boarpaw. "But I.. I don't feel that way. I'm sorry."
Jaguarfur nods in understanding. It hurts, but she'd rather keep Boarpaw as her friend than not have him at all. "I understand, Boarpaw."

The colony celebrates the spring festival. Jaguarfur flattens her ears in the sweltering heat.
"How has the colony always survived in a place like this?" Jaguarfur asks.
"Your ancestors lived on other islands," explains Demon. "You weren't bred for this kind of weather."
"I hope to one day get us out of here," mumbles Jaguarfur.
"I like it here," says Whistletail, basking in the sun. "It's ideal for me." Jaguarfur rolls her eyes.
image.png.6823c40e501509bc8c80d564679b9b72.png

Summer begins. In the summer's heat, a bearyena stalks the cats and attacks Whistletail. She is injured, but recovers with the help of Demon.

Summer and fall pass, and at the fall festival, a now fully-grown Whistletail announces that she and Demon are mates.
image.png.ed5cf2141957d42139521973808c6ffa.png

• Like 3
  • Eek! 1

CHAPTER 57 - DAY 1181 CURRENT SEASON: Winter year 30
STATUS CHECK
Leader: JAGUARFUR (Golden she-cat with a muscular body)
Guard: BOARPAW (Muddy brown tomcat with blue eyes)
Arrival: Citizen: WHISTLETAIL (Dusty gray she-cat with big ears)

The winter festival arrives, and Whistletail announces that she will be having a kitten with Demon. But Demon dies of an illness, and Whistletail will be raising the kitten on her own. She isolates herself from Jaguarfur and Boarpaw, not wanting to socialize with them after the loss.
"Whistletail, I've been through loss, too. Let us help you-"
"I don't want to talk, Jaguarfur," Whistletail hisses coldly in her nest in the doctor's den. "Leave me be." 

Whistletail spends her spring in isolation and gives birth the day of the spring festival. Then, she finally comes out and socializes with the colony, bringing her new kitten for the others to see. She is a dusty gray kitten with tan patches.
"I'll name her Lacepelt," says Whistletail. Whistletail is still mourning the loss of Demon, however, and neglects her kitten unintentionally.
image.png.91f5d44ac6466ca7ec6a87f3906fc05d.png
"I can watch her for a while," Jaguarfur offers to Whistletail. Jaguarfur feels sorry for Lacepelt.
"Why?" Whistletail flattens her ears, staring at Jaguarfur.
"You seem... tired," says Jaguarfur. "I'm happy to give you a break."
Reluctantly, Whistletail lets Jaguarfur watch Lacepelt, and Jaguarfur gives the kitten attention.

A bearyena attacks the colony.
"Bearyena!" yells Boarpaw, running toward Jaguarfur. Jaguarfur leaps onto her feet and charges the creature. 
The bearyena growls a low, bellowing growl at her, swiping a claw at her. Boarpaw claws into the side of the creature, and Jaguarfur tackles it with a powerful leap. The bearyena is taken down successfully without getting anyone hurt.
"You're amazing!" says Boarpaw. "If only I was as strong of a guard as you are a leader."

Lacepelt's eyes open, and they are a beautiful green. She has interest in becoming a colony guard, and Boarpaw plans to mentor her. She is a quiet and shy kitten, however, and Boarpaw worries if she'll make for a brave guard.
"She's a kitten," says Jaguarfur. "She has time to grow." Jaguarfur becomes close friends with Lacepelt, spending time with her since Whistletail tends to not play with her much.

image.png.8efb02dfa5e16741a1c17a7fac297b18.png

The summer festival is celebrated.

• Like 4

CHAPTER 58 - DAY 1211 CURRENT SEASON: Fall year 31
STATUS CHECK
Doctor: WHISTLETAIL (Dusty gray she-cat with big ears)
Arrival: Citizen: LACEPELT (Small dusty gray she-cat with tan patches and soft fur)
DEATHS

A bearyena attacks the colony and injures Jaguarfur'e leg, but she heals. 

The fall passes by relatively slow aside from that, and then winter begins- which doesn't mean much anyway for the cats, since it's still hot.
One day, Jaguarfur comes and sits beside Boarpaw.
"Boarpaw, I'm tired of this place." Jaguarfur sighs. "I think we need to get off this island."
"Where do you think we'd go?" The tom twitches his whiskers. "I'm all for it, but I was born here. I don't know anywhere else."
"I was born here too," says Jaguarfur. "I don't know what lies beyond for us. But Demon said my ancestors lived in other places. Maybe there's a place better fitting for me. For the colony."
"Bring it up at the fall festival," says Boarpaw. "I think it's a good idea."

Lacepelt grows into an adolescent she-cat. 
image.png.cc6a683a88b1f029395ffcf73d74543e.png

Boarpaw dies unexpectedly of an illness soon after, and Lacepelt is left to become the guard of the colony. 
"I don't know what I'm doing," she says quietly to Jaguarfur. "I'm scared."
"That's how I felt when I was young and they told me I was going to be leader," says Jaguarfur, pressing her muzzle comfortingly against Lacepelt's. "But my clanmates believed in me. And I believe in you, Lacepelt. You're just as strong as Boarpaw was." Jaguarfur smiles sadly as she remembers Boarpaw. She still loved him.

At the fall festival, Jaguarfur tells the colony her idea of moving to a new island. 
"I think that we need a change of scenery," says Jaguarfur. "I know that the both of you were born here, but there is little to offer us- there is little food, few new cats, and many predators. The heat is unbearable for me."
"I'm in support," says Lacepelt. "I'd like us to be somewhere safer.
To her surprise, Whistletail is supportive too. "I think we need out of this land."
image.png.7266840e7b2ea38603a20a80af7a76c2.png

The colony votes to head east, towards a jungle path.

While preparing to leave the island, Lacepelt stumbles across a brown tomcat with white patches. He has chocolate brown eyes and a mischievous grin.
"Hello there," says the tom, flicking his tail. Where are you and your friends headed?" he asks, looking at Jaguarfur and Whistletail.
"We're headed off this island," says Jaguarfur. "We're the Tiny Colony."
"I'm looking for a colony myself," he says with agrin. "Care if I join?"
"If you're not going to smirk like that the whole time," mumbles Whistletail. "It's weird."
image.png.d19c6755c4ba3bd4d8af12626c81183e.png
The cats leave the island and find themselves in a jungle. Jaguarfur lets out a sigh of relief to finally have the old island behind her.
image.png.fd5f71e5c5e94a5c053d9e91f4e0c0d1.png

• Like 3
  • Eek! 1

CHAPTER 59 - DAY 1241 CURRENT SEASON: Summer year 32 
STATUS CHECK
Guard: Citizen: LACEPELT (Small dusty gray she-cat with tan patches and soft fur)
Arrival: Citizen: GHOSTSPOTS (Brown tomcat with white patches and chocolate brown eyes)
DEATHS

"This place is beautiful," purrs Jaguarfur. "I can spend the rest of my days content here."
Soon after arriving on the island, they are approached by a blond tomcat.
"I've never seen your kind around here," he says curiously. "What are you all doing here?"
"We're the Tiny Colony," says Jaguarfur. "We're looking for new members, if you want to join us."
The male seems interested. "Sure! I'm Seabristle." Something in the male's friendly nature reminds Jaguarfur of Boarpaw, and she warms up to him quickly. Seabristle becomes fast friends with Ghostspots and Lacepelt, as well. Whistletail is not impressed.
image.png.a6a8f7a5ecfb27b2459c4c9a4c6b2c56.png

The colony celebrates the summer festival together, enjoying the much more plentiful food offered here than on the old island.
image.thumb.png.1d7f6cf82913fa24f5495ba74db41619.png

Lacepelt is travelling through the brush when she finds Burningface, a gray tom with a bright ginger face. She invites him into the colony and he accepts, thinking her beautiful.
image.png.9c7f3d9e01e85ae4d49818938c434e24.png

Lacepelt grows into an adult she-cat, and she announces that she has become mates with Seabristle. This disappoints Burningface.
The colony celebrates their fall festival.
image.png.7ca3669f723ea7e811bcc8f078e46c07.png

• Like 4

CHAPTER 60 - DAY 1261 CURRENT SEASON: Winter year 32 
STATUS CHECK
Guard: Citizen: LACEPELT (Small dusty gray she-cat with tan patches and soft fur)
Citizen: GHOSTSPOTS (Brown tomcat with white patches and chocolate brown eyes)
Arrival: Citizen: SEABRISTLE (Blond tomcat with brown eyes)
Arrival: Citizen: BURNINGFACE (Gray tomcat with ginger patches and brown eyes)

One day, Lacepelt encounters a fiery-orange she-cat tracing the colony's borders. She approaches the she-cat and confronts her.
"What're you doing here?" Lacepelt asks politely.
"I'm looking for a colony," says the young she-cat. "My name is Squirrelfire."
Lacepelt introduces her to Jaguarfur, and Squirrelfire is made into a colony cat. Squirrelfire becomes friends with Burningface, who has recently become an adult tomcat.
image.png.cbb83021bec2220d8d810b8b51f69c80.png

The colony celebrates their winter festival.
One day, Burningface approaches Whistletail.
"Whistletail, I want to be the next doctor," the young tomcat asserts. "I think I would make a good one, and that I would serve the colony well.
"Very well," says the old gray she-cat. "I'll teach you."

Lacepelt announces to the colony that she's going to be having a kitten with Seabristle. Jaguarfur smiles, proud of the young she-cat she's watched grow.

Whistletail dies of old age, leaving Lacepelt with some conflicting feelings.
"I don't know, Jaguarfur," she says to the old she-cat. "I love her, but I was never close to my mother. It's hard to mourn her. I feel like I should be feeling something... more."
"It's okay that you don't," says Jaguarfur, her golden pelt rippling in the jungle's sun. "What matters is the cats you grow close to, not the cats you were born from."

Ghostspots is eaten by a carnivorous jungle plant, and the colony mourns him.

The spring festival occurs.
image.png.7be642a8735b61afe6f0ccb4e349e617.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

CHAPTER 61 - DAY 1281 CURRENT SEASON: Summer year 33
STATUS CHECK
Guard: LACEPELT (Small dusty gray she-cat with tan patches and soft fur)
Doctor: BURNINGFACE (Gray tomcat with ginger patches and brown eyes)
Citizen: SEABRISTLE (Blond tomcat with brown eyes)
Arrival: Citizen: SQUIRRELFIRE (Blazing ginger she-cat with a bushy tail)
DEATHS

Citizen: GHOSTSPOTS (Brown tomcat with white patches and chocolate brown eyes)

Jaguarfur dies of old age, leaving the cats in the colony scrambling to determine who the new leader should be.
"I think that Seabristle should be the leader of the colony," says Burningface casually. "He's the oldest out of all of us, and he knows the jungle."
"I think that's a decent idea," says Squirrelfire."

"Seabristle would make a great leader," meows Lacepelt. Lacepelt feels her heartbeat quicken at the thought of her mate becoming the new leader of the colony; could the kitten she's about to have be the colony's next leader?
The colony agrees on making Seabristle leader, and Seabristle comes to visit Lacepelt in her nest as the awaits the arrival of her kitten.
"How do you feel about becoming leader?" Lacepelt asks her mate, resting her head against him.
"I've never wanted to be a leader, if I'm honest." Seabristle smiles. "Never felt like a title I deserved."
"We all thought you'd be a great leader. Of course you deserve it," says Lacepelt quietly. "Why didn't you tell us if you didn't want to be leader?"
"I want to be leader," says Seabristle. "It guarantees a good life for our kitten. And for you, when I'm gone."

Squirrelfire approaches Burningface.
"I want to be trained how to be a doctor." She looks up hopefully at the gray tom. 
"I'd be happy to," says Burningface. "I need some help around this doctor's den anyway." 
Burningface and Squirrelfire become good friends, like brother and sister.

Lacepelt's daughter is born- a chocolate brown she-cat with sharp little claws. She's active, feeling around 
"We can name her Eaglesight," says Lacepelt. But Lacepelt realizes as she raises the kitten that she knows little about raising one- the best treatment she got when she was young was from Jaguarfur, and her mother never really was warm towards her. Lacepelt awkwardly avoids her daughter, unsure of what to do with her.
image.png.95c975219f282842ebeefd4373c9d7e2.png

The colony celebrates their Summer festival.
image.thumb.png.43065f83f47f85b8b3ef5da30d628201.png

Eaglesight's eyes open soon after the summer festival, and she has beautiful green eyes. Her personality soon emerges- she is loud, outspoken, and daring. Lacepelt gets frustrated trying to keep the kitten out of trouble.
"You're never going to be a good leader for the colony if you can't keep yourself out of danger," sighs the she-cat.
image.png.46518bde7df7abf4d038dd17892da3db.png

One day, Seabristle encounters a light brown she-cat. The she-cat cowers from the male, terrified.
"I'm not going to hurt you," says Seabristle gently. "What's your name?"
"Mellie," the she-cat says quietly. "I was left here by humans... I don't have a place to stay or any prey to take. Please let me be."
"I can give you a place to stay," says Seabristle. "You can join my colony."
image.png.f8d388f47ca14909a00af9d1e4d45927.png
Mellie has trouble fitting in with the other cats in the colony, who are confused by her strange mannerisms from being a pet cat. She dislikes the more confident Lacepelt and Squirrelfire, and Seabristle finds her hard to talk to. Eaglesight, however, takes interest in the she-cat and befriends her.
"What's it like living around humans?" Eaglesight asks her, eyes wide.
"It's nothing special, really," says Mellie. "I miss having a warm bed, however."
"The den's warm," offers Eaglesight. "On cold nights, the colony cats curl up together. You should join us!"
Mellie smiles at the friendly kitten. "Thank you, Eaglesight."

Lacepelt approaches Seabristle and has an announcement for him.
"We're going to be having another kitten," says Lacepelt. Seabristle smiles excitedly.
"That's great!" says Seabristle.
"I suppose so." Lacepelt shifts her paws in the dirt. "I don't know much about kittens, if I'm honest. It's been hard working with Eaglesight."
"Let me take care of her for a bit," purrs Seabristle. Seabristle calls Eaglesight over. "You'll be coming with me today, Eaglesight. I need to teach you about becoming a colony leader."

One day, Burningface approaches Mellie.
"Mellie, I'd like to be your mate," says Burningface. "I know it's been hard adjusting to being a colony cat, but I'm really glad you're with us."
Mellie smiles gratefully. "Thank you, Burningface. I'll be your mate."

The colony celebrates their fall festival.
image.thumb.png.c37a8842159b97a173a054395fa8346c.png
(Left to right: Eaglesight, Lacepelt, Squirrelfire, Mellie, Seabristle, Burningface)

• Like 3
  • Eek! 1

CHAPTER 62 - DAY 1301 CURRENT SEASON: Winter year 33
STATUS CHECK
Leader: SEABRISTLE (Blond tomcat with brown eyes)
Citizen: SQUIRRELFIRE (Blazing ginger she-cat with a bushy tail)
Arrival: Citizen: EAGLESIGHT (Brown she-cat with beautiful green eyes and sharp claws)
Arrival: Citizen: MELLIE (Light brown she-cat with a twisted front right leg)
DEATHS

Eaglesight grows into a teenaged she-cat.
image.png.85e9daf146d2dfa023983296a6db0826.png

Seabristle dies of old age, leaving Eaglesight to take over as the leader of the colony while she mourns her father. Lacepelt isolates herself from the other cats, waiting for she and Seabristle's kitten to arrive.
"Are you okay?" Squirrelfire comes to sit beside Eaglesight, resting her bushy tail on Eaglesight's.
"I'll manage," says Eaglesight. "I need to lead the colony like my dad taught me."
"For what it's worth, I think you're gonna be a great leader." Squirrelfire smiles. "You're a determined young cat, Eaglesight. This colony needs a leader like you."
"Thank you, Squirrelfire," says Eaglesight. "You're a good friend."

Lacepelt has she and Seabristle's second kitten- a dusty tan tomcat. She names him Raintuft. 
"He looks just like Seabristle to me," purrs Lacepelt happily. She dotes on the kitten, considering him the last piece of Seabristle she has left. Eaglesight feels a pang of jealousy watching the two of them- why didn't Lacepelt treat her this way when she was a kitten?
image.png.c9e7bc8a8d20ca626c95026967a11d21.png
"I don't get her." Eaglesight plops down beside Squirrelfire.
"Get who?" The ginger she cat looks over at her friend between sorting herbs.
"My mother!" Says Eaglesight, her brown pelt bristling with aggravation. "She treats my brother like he hung the stars, but I couldn't even get her attention when I was a kitten."
"Raintuft reminds your mother of Seabristle, I think," says Squirrelfire. "But I don't get her. I think she's a pretty sorry mother. I'm glad that you had your father there for you."

The colony celebrates their winter festival.
image.thumb.png.a765ae06f475dda7419fdef8e7c9ffd4.png
(Left to right: Mellie, Squirrelfire, Eaglesight, Raintuft, Lacepelt, Burningface)
A bearyena attacks the colony. It descends upon Squirrelfire, driving a claw against the right side of her face. Squirrelfire yowls, and Eaglesight runs to help her. Mellie joins the fight. 
They manage to take the bearyena down, but Squirrelfire has lost her eye. 
"I'm just glad you're alive," says Burningface, giving Squirrelfire some herbs for her pain.

Mellie announces to the colony that she'll be having a kitten with Burningface.

The spring festival is celebrated.

• Like 3

CHAPTER 63 - DAY 1321 CURRENT SEASON: Summer year 34
STATUS CHECK
Leader: EAGLESIGHT (Brown she-cat with beautiful green eyes and sharp claws)
Citizen: SQUIRRELFIRE (Blazing ginger she-cat with a bushy tail)
Citizen: MELLIE (Light brown she-cat with a twisted front right leg)
Arrival: Citizen: RAINTUFT (Dusty tan tomcat with light ginger mane)
DEATHS

Leader: SEABRISTLE (Blond tomcat with brown eyes)

Raintuft's eyes open, and he has beautiful green eyes. His personality is much like that of Seabristle's.
"You're just like your father," purrs Lacepelt proudly. 

One day while taking Raintuft out through the colony territory, Lacepelt stumbles across an adolescent tomcat with dark and bushy fur.
"Who are you?" Lacepelt asks protectively, standing between the tom and Raintuft.
"My name is Flashstep," says the tomcat. "I'm looking for a colony."
Lacepelt is not impressed, but she knows the colony needs more cats. "...Alright, I'll introduce you to our leader."
Flashstep is enamored with Eaglesight.
image.png.e647d5dee5d84b4a8c97d4be4a590061.png
"It's a pleasure to meet you," says the tomcat, bowing his head. "It's really impressive you're leading a colony so young."
Eaglesight smiles. "Thank you so much. That means a lot; it's nice to meet you as well, Flashstep." She feels her heart quicken around the young tom. They have a conversation, and then Flashstep goes off to meet the rest of the colony.
"I like him!" Says Squirrelfire, smiling at Eaglesight. "I think he'd be a good mate for you."
Eaglesight smiles. "I really like him."

Mellie has she and Burningface's kitten- a calico she-cat with brown patches.
"We can call her Chocolate," purrs Mellie.
"Chocolate?" Burningface asks with a laugh. "It's cute. I like it."

image.png.ff227b821a15633d3796ff784b9151e6.png

Raintuft turns into an adolescent tom. He becomes friends with Burningface.
image.png.0b1d1257a1a271c3a76f843b3ad2de0a.png

The summer festival is celebrated, but Lacepelt falls into a carnivorous plant and dies.
"Lacepelt!" yells Burningface. He tries to save the she-cat, but is killed as well. The colony mourns the two members.
Raintuft mourns his mother, feeling angry that he was unable to save her. Mellie feels lost without her mate to raise her kitten with, and Squirrelfire has to become the new doctor.
"Squirrelfire and I will help you raise your kitten," meows Eaglesight, placing a supportive paw on Mellie. "You're going to be fine. I promise."

"I'm sorry about your mother," says Flashstep. He sits beside Eaglesight and wraps his large, fuzzy tail around her. 
"It's alright," says Eaglesight. She looks at her paws. "I... I wasn't really close with her. I was a lot closer with my father."
"From what you've said, your father sounds like a great cat," says Flashstep. "I'm glad that you had him."
Eaglesight smiles. "Me, too."

Flashstep approaches Squirrelfire. 
"I'd like to be a doctor," he says. "I want to learn from you."
"Sure," says Squirrelfire, handing him some herbs. "I'll tell you what these do." The two cats become friends.
Squirrelfire thinks for a bit before opening her mouth to Flashstep. "You know, what are your thoughts on Eaglesight?" Her ear twitches.
Flashstep flicks his tail. "I really like her, actually. I don't want her to think I like her just because she's leader, because I don't. But I want to be her mate one day."
"I think you should go on and ask her," says Squirrelfire. "She really likes you, too."
"Really?" He smiles. "I guess I'll have to ask her soon."

• Like 3
  • Love 1