Stray Fawn Community

The Tiny Colony: A Cattails-Style Playthrough

medicine cat

CHAPTER 64 - DAY 1331 CURRENT SEASON: Fall year 34
STATUS CHECK
Leader: EAGLESIGHT (Brown she-cat with beautiful green eyes and sharp claws)
Doctor: SQUIRRELFIRE (Blazing ginger she-cat with a bushy tail)
Citizen: MELLIE (Light brown she-cat with a twisted front right leg)
Arrival: Citizen: RAINTUFT (Dusty tan tomcat with light ginger mane)
Arrival: Citizen: CHOCOLATE (Calico she-cat with brown patches)
Arrival: Citizen: FLASHSTEP (Dark tabby tomcat with a bushy tail and brown eyes)
DEATHS

Guard: LACEPELT (Small dusty gray she-cat with tan patches and soft fur)
Doctor: BURNINGFACE (Gray tomcat with ginger patches and brown eyes)

The cats of the colony realize that they need a guard.
"I'll be the guard," says Mellie.

A bearyena attacks the colony, leaving a scar on Eaglesight's right shoulder.

While Eaglesight is recovering, Squirrelfire whispers in Flashstep's ear: "Now's your chance. Spend some time with her."
Flashstep settles down beside Eaglesight in the doctor's den.
"Thought I'd keep you company while you're recovering," meows Flashstep. He drops some herbs in front of Eaglesight. "It'll help your wound heal."
The two spend some time talking, and finally Flashstep takes a deep breath. "I'm gonna cut to the chase." He places a paw on Eaglesight's. "I like you, Eaglesight. "I'd really like to be your mate. You're welcome to say no, but I think we'd make the best team out of any two cats in this colony."
Eaglesight smiles. "I'd love to be your mate, Flashstep."

The colony celebrates their fall festival, and winter arrives.

In the winter, Eaglesight grows into a full adult she-cat.
image.png.28efb8e88220604edfbd1885d57d59fd.png

Chocolate grows into a teenaged she-cat, and begins to hang out with Squirrelfire.
Mellie dies of old age. Chocolate mourns her mother and approaches Eaglesight.
"I'd like to be guard," says the young she-cat. "I'm the strongest in the colony, and I want to be like my mother."
Eaglesight nods in approval. "You can be the guard, Chocolate."

image.png.779ed192be5f1acb8b1d94f4cf90c290.png

Flashstep grows into an adult tomcat. He approaches Eaglesight one day.
"Eaglesight, what do you think about having kittens?" he asks, his whiskers twitching nervously.
Eaglesight thinks about it. "I want to, I just..." She sighs. "I'm scared of raising them like my mother raised me."
"I think you'd be a great mother," purrs Flashstep, nuzzling his mate. "If you're nervous, I understand. But I'll help you raise them."
"..We can have kittens soon," says Eaglesight. "I do want them. And I think I'll overcome my nerves with you with me."
image.png.bf78597a7889741c3ae0127272efff7d.png
The colony celebrates their Winter festival.

image.thumb.png.f7a4872305a26b5f1f7a5fea4b7692c0.png

• Like 3
  • Love 1

CHAPTER 65 - DAY 1351 CURRENT SEASON: Spring year 34
STATUS CHECK
Guard: Citizen: CHOCOLATE (Calico she-cat with brown patches)
 Citizen: RAINTUFT (Dusty tan tomcat with light ginger mane)
Citizen: FLASHSTEP (Dark tabby tomcat with a bushy tail and brown eyes)
DEATHS

Citizen: MELLIE (Light brown she-cat with a twisted front right leg)

Eaglesight has an announcement for the colony.
"Flashstep and I will be having a kitten," she meows. The colony meows excitedly, happy that the next generation of royalty may be secure.

Eaglesight begins to have thoughts about moving the colony to a new island. She brings up these thoughts to Flashstep.
"I think it could be beneficial," says Flashstep. "But maybe we should wait until out kitten is able to walk and follow us along on the journey." He places a paw gently on Eaglesight's side. 
Eaglesight nods. "But we can start planning now. I think I should at least bring it up at the next colony festival."

And this is what Eaglesight does at the spring festival.
"I think it would be beneficial for us to branch out in a new environment," says the she-cat. "We've been in the jungle a while- since I was born. I think we could benefit from a change in scenery- a new challenge."
The cats in the colony chatter amongst themselves.
"I think it's a good idea, says Chocolate. "I want to get out of here."
"I'm not sure," says Raintuft softly. "I think we could run into trouble that we're not expecting."
Squirrelfire shrugs. "I'm in support."
image.thumb.png.a7c7b437011fb711d33d00ddbf7a2e7b.png

The colony votes to head east, and Eaglesight decides to go before her kitten is born instead of after.
"Are you sure that's a good idea?" asks Flashstep. "I don't think we should be going when you're so close to having your kitten.
"It'll be fine, meows Eaglesight. "Have faith in me, Flashstep."
Flashstep looks uneasy. "I don't like this, Eaglesight." But before he can object further, Squirrelfire approaches the she-cat.
"I'm going to hang back on this island," says the ginger she-cat.
"What? Why?" Eaglesight meows. "Squirrelfire-"
"I'm old," says the ginger she-cat. "And I was born here. I... I want to stay, Eaglesight. I'm sorry."
"You're our doctor!" Eaglesight tries to convince her friend. "Please."
"Let her go," says Flashstep, placing his paw on Eaglesight's. "She's made up her mind, Eaglesight."
Eaglesight sighs. "...Goodbye, Squirrelfire."

The colony lands on an unfamiliar, threatening looking island with the coast laced with bones. Flashstep's pelt raises in alert, standing close to Eaglesight as she makes her nest to give birth.
image.png.ca08cc515d662599884fcaffe47a7265.png

• Like 4

CHAPTER 66 - DAY 1361 CURRENT SEASON: Summer year 35
STATUS CHECK
Doctor: FLASHSTEP (Dark tabby tomcat with a bushy tail and brown eyes)
DEPARTURES

Eaglesight gives birth to a daughter. She names the dark ginger she-cat Redflight. Redflight is an easygoing kitten, sticking close to her mother and rarely crying. Eaglesight makes sure to be affectionate to Redflight and stays attentive to the kitten's needs, vowing to make sure she doesn't make the kitten feel how her Lacepelt made Eaglesight feel.
image.png.f86a1c4e9bae333fc06a59ea56e5c5c0.png

Raintuft grows into a full adult tomcat.
image.png.7a66c81660b6b078bf31bf13d3ecd2ba.png

The colony celebrates their summer festival, with the summer having been relatively quiet and peaceful. 
"I'm surprised we haven't run into any trouble," says Flashstep. "Especially considering the skeletons we saw when we arrived."

Redflight's eyes open, and she is an easygoing and friendly kitten.
image.png.e5ac6cbcd92c86e53a4ce784370e380b.png

Eaglesight tells Flashstep that she is going to be having another kitten, and Flashstep is overjoyed.

A bearyena attacks the colony, approaching the pregnant Eaglesight. She lets out a terrified yowl, and Flashstep comes running to help her. Raintuft and Chocolate join to help.
The bearyena claws at Raintuft's head and leaving a scar down the right side of his face down to his jaw, but with teamwork, the creature is taken down.

The fall festival is celebrated. Redflight grows into a teenaged she-cat.

image.png.4fe0d68f68b73f8d1de46917b30c77b3.png

Another bearyena attacks the colony, but no one is harmed before the cats defeat it.

Eaglesight has another kitten- a son with chocolate brown fur like hers. He has ginger mane, and she names him Hawksnout.
image.png.3b5b1b81815d73dadfdc709dc4e0d4cb.png

The colony is also joined by a golden adolescent tomcat named Suncrash. He becomes friends with Chocolate.
image.png.0d448d8273e250ae8ae2b582656aba78.png

Yet another she-cat joins the colony, too- she is a golden she-cat with bristled fur named Brightthorn.
image.png.4d29afef72ff9dbe7731cce98c73e717.png

...And another named Oakpelt. Help.
image.png.274dbe60b1e38cdfd8287ef556c2693a.png

The colony holds a suddenly very crowded winter festival.
image.png.9cb729fa7ccf17aaa1111b6418333b7e.png

• Haha 3
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, medicine cat said:

CHAPTER 66 - DAY 1361 CURRENT SEASON: Summer year 35
STATUS CHECK
Doctor: FLASHSTEP (Dark tabby tomcat with a bushy tail and brown eyes)
DEPARTURES

Eaglesight gives birth to a daughter. She names the dark ginger she-cat Redflight. Redflight is an easygoing kitten, sticking close to her mother and rarely crying. Eaglesight makes sure to be affectionate to Redflight and stays attentive to the kitten's needs, vowing to make sure she doesn't make the kitten feel how her Lacepelt made Eaglesight feel.
image.png.f86a1c4e9bae333fc06a59ea56e5c5c0.png

Raintuft grows into a full adult tomcat.
image.png.7a66c81660b6b078bf31bf13d3ecd2ba.png

The colony celebrates their summer festival, with the summer having been relatively quiet and peaceful. 
"I'm surprised we haven't run into any trouble," says Flashstep. "Especially considering the skeletons we saw when we arrived."

Redflight's eyes open, and she is an easygoing and friendly kitten.
image.png.e5ac6cbcd92c86e53a4ce784370e380b.png

Eaglesight tells Flashstep that she is going to be having another kitten, and Flashstep is overjoyed.

A bearyena attacks the colony, approaching the pregnant Eaglesight. She lets out a terrified yowl, and Flashstep comes running to help her. Raintuft and Chocolate join to help.
The bearyena claws at Raintuft's head and leaving a scar down the right side of his face down to his jaw, but with teamwork, the creature is taken down.

The fall festival is celebrated. Redflight grows into a teenaged she-cat.

image.png.4fe0d68f68b73f8d1de46917b30c77b3.png

Another bearyena attacks the colony, but no one is harmed before the cats defeat it.

Eaglesight has another kitten- a son with chocolate brown fur like hers. He has ginger mane, and she names him Hawksnout.
image.png.3b5b1b81815d73dadfdc709dc4e0d4cb.png

The colony is also joined by a golden adolescent tomcat named Suncrash. He becomes friends with Chocolate.
image.png.0d448d8273e250ae8ae2b582656aba78.png

Yet another she-cat joins the colony, too- she is a golden she-cat with bristled fur named Brightthorn.
image.png.4d29afef72ff9dbe7731cce98c73e717.png

...And another named Oakpelt. Help.
image.png.274dbe60b1e38cdfd8287ef556c2693a.png

The colony holds a suddenly very crowded winter festival.
image.png.9cb729fa7ccf17aaa1111b6418333b7e.png

Mh... Is that Grass Mingle?

CHAPTER 67 - DAY 1391 / END
STATUS CHECK

A killer bearyena comes and attacks the colony- a bearyena the size no cat has ever seen. It attacks and wipes out the colony in a matter of about two seasons.

(Okay, but on a serious note, I really enjoyed this playthrough and I'm going to be starting a new one tonight; this one is going to be a warrior cats one tonight hopefully with the same type of vibe as this!
Thank you guys for following along on this story! I'm kind of bummed the colony died, but I'm glad I got to survive so long. I really liked this story and am excited to make a new one!
Also the killer island is hard. Help.)

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

• 2 months later...
On 7/11/2022 at 8:26 PM, medicine cat said:

CHAPTER 67 - DAY 1391 / END
STATUS CHECK

A killer bearyena comes and attacks the colony- a bearyena the size no cat has ever seen. It attacks and wipes out the colony in a matter of about two seasons.

(Okay, but on a serious note, I really enjoyed this playthrough and I'm going to be starting a new one tonight; this one is going to be a warrior cats one tonight hopefully with the same type of vibe as this!
Thank you guys for following along on this story! I'm kind of bummed the colony died, but I'm glad I got to survive so long. I really liked this story and am excited to make a new one!
Also the killer island is hard. Help.)

(it was going well...too well for deadly hills... RIP Tiny Colony. U did survive pretty long considering that the colony nearly died a few times. I really enjoyed reading through this playthrough! It is my first playthrough read through since returning to the forums)

• 3 months later...