Stray Fawn Community

I educate people on Greek mythology

Star Starless

I was going to make this a YouTube video but i lost motivation. So instead, I'm going to educate people on the Greek gods (THIS IS FOR FUN, NOT FOR A RELIGIOUS INTENT. I FIND GREEK MYTHOLOGY INTERESTING AND WANT TO EDUCATE OTHERS AND DISPEL COMMON MYTHS ABOUT MOST OF THE GODS, TITANS, AND THEIR CHILDREN.) With that out of the way, let's get this started. 

NOTICE: I will be talking about death and possibly disturbing subjects. I will censor anything that needs to be and put warnings to keep this as G as possible. This will mainly focus on talking about dead people and/or things, however.

****Please do not read this if you are upset by that*****

I will post either a myth, a story, or info about a god or goddess every day. Hope you enjoy this!

Now, with that out of the way, lets begin.

I'm going to start off with talking about Hades' role. Most people think that he's the god of death because he's the ruler of the Underworld. This is actually not true. Hades is the god of the dead, as in dead people, but not of death itself. He does not control death and cannot decide when people die. Thanatos, a minor god, is the god of death, and decides when people die. Not Hades. Hades is actually the god of wealth, believe it or not.

Let me know if you're interested in learning more about stuff! I can do a different god every day or every other day or every week if you want me to!

• Like 2
  • Eek! 3

2 minutes ago, Gaylord Star Starless said:

I was going to make this a YouTube video but i lost motivation. So instead, I'm going to educate people on the Greek gods (THIS IS FOR FUN, NOT FOR A RELIGIOUS INTENT. I FIND GREEK MYTHOLOGY INTERESTING AND WANT TO EDUCATE OTHERS AND DISPEL COMMON MYTHS ABOUT MOST OF THE GODS, TITANS, AND THEIR CHILDREN.) With that out of the way, let's get this started. 

NOTICE: I will be talking about death and possibly disturbing subjects. I will censor anything that needs to be and put warnings to keep this as G as possible. This will mainly focus on talking about dead people and/or things, however.

****Please do not read this if you are upset by that*****

Now, with that out of the way, lets begin.

I'm going to start off with talking about Hades' role. Most people think that he's the god of death because he's the ruler of the Underworld. This is actually not true. Hades is the god of the dead, as in dead people, but not of death itself. He does not control death and cannot decide when people die. Thanatos, a minor god, is the god of death, and decides when people die. Not Hades. Hades is actually the god of wealth, believe it or not.

Let me know if you're interested in learning more about stuff! I can do a different god every day or every other day or every week if you want me to!

I actually know a fair amount of Greek mythology- but they never told me that Hades was the God of wealth. 

I now have faith in this, keep it up!

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

Just now, eebee said:

Do one every hour if you want, I’m interested.

I'd do that but i do need sleep. Besides, I don't want to overload people with Greek knowledge. I'll do a myth/god/story every day if you all want me to!

• Like 1

Just now, Gaylord Star Starless said:

I'd do that but i do need sleep. Besides, I don't want to overload people with Greek knowledge. I'll do a myth/god/story every day if you all want me to!

Sure, get some sleep if you need it, and I want to know more.

Just now, eebee said:

Sure, get some sleep if you need it, and I want to know more.

Ok! I'll be sure to update you all. Tomorrow will probably be either the myth of Eros and Psyche, or a rant about the titans

• Eek! 1

Myth time! I'm going to tell you all the story of Eros and Psyche because it's one of my favorites!

Tw// Talks about m*rder, attempted M*rder

Psyche was a beautiful mortal woman, who caught the eye of many men. They all fell in love with her and wanted to marry her, but Aphrodite, goddess of beauty, got jealous of Psyche. She cursed any man who fell in love with her to be turned bitter. This turned Psyche away from most of her suitors and resulted in her staying unmarried for a while.  Her parents were so distraught that she was so beautiful and unmarried that they went to an oracle. However, Psyche hadn't just caught the eyes of mortals, but the god of love, Eros, as well. Eros was so in love with Psyche that he went to Apollo and asked for him to make the oracle say that Psyche would marry a hideous man that she never saw the face of and that she met on a hill. Psyche's parents were distraught but decided to not try and go against the oracle's prophecy. Eros then went to thus hill and covered his face with a helmet. Psyche met Eros there, and soon they were engaged. Despite Eros pretending to be hideous, he truly cared for Psyche's feelings, which resulted in her loving him back. However, Psyche's sisters did not think the same about Eros. They were convinced that Eros was actually a hideous monster and was pretending to love Psyche so that way he could kill her. Psyche didn't want to believe them, but her sisters gave her a knife and told her to kill Eros that night. Psyche didn't want to do it, but she loved her sisters too and decided to trust them. She snuck into Eros's room that night with a candle and the dagger in her hand. However, she accidentally tripped, and some hot candle wax fell on Eros. He woke up, (without the helmet on) and Psyche saw that he wasn't a monster, and instead the god of love. He saw the dagger in her hand and was so distraught that he flew out the window. Aphrodite then put Eros under house arrest (Aphrodite is Eros's mom, so I guess she grounded him?). Psyche was so mad at herself that she went to Aphrodite and asked where Eros was. Aphrodite gave Psyche 3 impossible tasks, and said that when she completed them, that she could see Eros again. Psyche completed two of the tasks effortlessly, but the 3rd task was to take a box to Hades. Aphrodite gave Psyche explicit instructions to not open the box. However, Psyche's curiosity got the best of her, and she opened the box, unleashing a demon of sleep, which put Psyche into a long slumber in the underworld. Eros heard news of this and was so concerned that he said, "Screw house arrest." and went to the underworld immediately. He got Psyche and begged for Zeus to wake her up and save her. Zeus was so impressed by their love that he not only saved Psyche, but also made her immortal so she and Eros could be together forever.

• Eek! 2
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Gaylord Star Starless said:

Myth time! I'm going to tell you all the story of Eros and Psyche because it's one of my favorites!

Psyche was a beautiful mortal woman, who caught the eye of many men. They all fell in love with her and wanted to marry her, but Aphrodite, goddess of beauty, got jealous of Psyche. She cursed any man who fell in love with her to be turned bitter. This turned Psyche away from most of her suitors and resulted in her staying unmarried for a while.  Her parents were so distraught that she was so beautiful and unmarried that they went to an oracle. However, Psyche hadn't just caught the eyes of mortals, but the god of love, Eros, as well. Eros was so in love with Psyche that he went to Apollo and asked for him to make the oracle say that Psyche would marry a hideous man that she never saw the face of and that she met on a hill. Psyche's parents were distraught but decided to not try and go against the oracle's prophecy. Eros then went to thus hill and covered his face with a helmet. Psyche met Eros there, and soon they were engaged. Despite Eros pretending to be hideous, he truly cared for Psyche's feelings, which resulted in her loving him back. However, Psyche's sisters did not think the same about Eros. They were convinced that Eros was actually a hideous monster and was pretending to love Psyche so that way he could kill her. Psyche didn't want to believe them, but her sisters gave her a knife and told her to kill Eros that night. Psyche didn't want to do it, but she loved her sisters too and decided to trust them. She snuck into Eros's room that night with a candle and the dagger in her hand. However, she accidentally tripped, and some hot candle wax fell on Eros. He woke up, (without the helmet on) and Psyche saw that he wasn't a monster, and instead the god of love. He saw the dagger in her hand and was so distraught that he flew out the window. Aphrodite then put Eros under house arrest (Aphrodite is Eros's mom, so I guess she grounded him?). Psyche was so mad at herself that she went to Aphrodite and asked where Eros was. Aphrodite gave Psyche 3 impossible tasks, and said that when she completed them, that she could see Eros again. Psyche completed two of the tasks effortlessly, but the 3rd task was to take a box to Hades. Aphrodite gave Psyche explicit instructions to not open the box. However, Psyche's curiosity got the best of her, and she opened the box, unleashing a demon of sleep, which put Psyche into a long slumber in the underworld. Eros heard news of this and was so concerned that he said, "Screw house arrest." and went to the underworld immediately. He got Psyche and begged for Zeus to wake her up and save her. Zeus was so impressed by their love that he not only saved Psyche, but also made her immortal so she and Eros could be together forever.

aaaand now its one of my favorites

16 hours ago, Gaylord Star Starless said:

Niiiice

I think I'm going to alternate between a myth one day and info on a god/goddess the other day. So today, I'll be explaining the god Zeus (ignore my status while you read this, I have personal bias.)

TW// Potentially triggering subjects such as c*nnibalism and m*rder

Zeus is one of many children of the titan Kronos and his wife Rhea. Kronos was given a prophecy that one day, one of his children would dethrone him. So, instead of just not having children, Kronos decided that the more logical answer would be to just eat his kids. His wife (and sister) Rhea was distraught by this. So, when baby Zeus was born, instead of handing him over to Kronos, she fed Kronos a rock disguised as Zeus and hid the baby in the caves of a mountain. Baby Zeus was raised by the nymph/female goat Amalthaea, and was guarded by the Curetes, who clashed their swords loudly to disguise the baby's cries. When Zeus grew up, he learned of how his father had eaten his siblings. He forced Kronos to puke up his brothers and sisters, who were now fully grown gods, and led a revolution against Kronos and the Titans. Zeus and his siblings won and banished Kronos and the Titans to the depths of Tartarus (the deepest part of the underworld) where he would spend his life for eternity. Zeus and his two brothers, Poseidon and Hades, each decided to become kings of something. Zeus, being the god of the sky and thunder, decided that he would rule the sky/heavens. He also decided that since he saved all of them, he would become the king of all the gods as well. Poseidon decided to rule the seas, and Hades decided to rule the dead in the Underworld. Zeus married his sister, Hera. However, Zeus was not a loyal husband and had countless affairs, which led to many gods and demigods being born.

There's a lot more, but it all ties into other myths and whatnot, so that will be saved for another day.

• Like 3

Myth time! Time for the story of the kidnapping of Persephone.

TW//kidnapping

Persephone was Demeter and Zeus’s daughter, and the goddess of spring. She was young and very beautiful, and she caught the eye of Hades, god of the Underworld. He wanted to marry her, so he went to her father (and his brother) Zeus for permission. Zeus agreed to let Hades marry Persephone. (WITHOUT PERSEPHONE’S OWN CONSENT MIND YOU. HADES, ASK PERMISSION FROM THE BRIDE FIRST. JEEZ.) Persephone was picking flowers with her friends one day when Hades popped up from the Underworld and took Persephone back there with him. Persephone, ticked off, married Hades and was forced to stay in the underworld. Demeter had no clue what happened to her daughter, so she went to the sun god Helios to see if he knew what happened. He told Demeter that Hades had kidnapped her, and Demeter became very sad. She hid away and refused it do her job as the goddess of the harvest. This resulted in major famine around the world. The other gods agreed that Persephone had to come back so Demeter would do her job again, so they took Persephone back from Hades. However, the gods didn’t know that Hades had fed Persephone the seeds of a pomegranate, which meant that she was bound to the Underworld. Demeter and Hades fought over where Persephone would stay, and Zeus decided that Persephone had to spend 1/3 of the year in the underworld with Hades, and the other 2/3rds of the year with her mother. This was a great agreement, except for when Persephone is gone for a third of the year, Demeter gets sad. She refuses to do her work and the weather becomes cold and harsh, and winter happens.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blizzard Starless said:

OML EROS AND PSYCHE

YES!!! Also I’m extremely tired rn so I’m sorry but no myth/god today. I’ll definitely do it tomorrow, look forward to info on Poseidon. 

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

Sorry, this is super late!

Poseidon was one of the children of Kronos and Rhea and was unfortunately one of the kids that was eaten by Kronos. After he was puked up and the gods defeated the titans, Poseidon decided to become the king of the seas. Poseidon is the god of the seas, earthquakes, and horses. Poseidon's main weapon is a trident, that, like Zeus's lightning bolt and Hades's helmet, was forged by 3 cyclopes. Poseidon is the father of most horses and has many ties to the land as well as the sea due to him also being the god of earthquakes. Poseidon is married to Amphitrite.

(Sorry that this is short, myth tomorrow I promise! Might do the story of Achilles.)

• Like 1
  • Eek! 2
  • Love 1

Sorry it’s been a while! I’ve been busy and sick sadly 😔

sorry that this isn’t a big thing today, but due to most conception in the media of the Greek gods, I felt the need to say this. (Plus I just like Hades in general.)

Hades is NOT the bad guy in Greek mythology. In fact, he is one of the only nice and reasonable gods. Despite the kidnapping of Persephone, Hades is actually a kind god. He and Persephone actually did love each other, and Persephone always willingly returned to him after her time on Earth (read the kindnapping of Persephone story farther up if you’re confused!) However, the media has led most people to believe otherwise. Since Hades is the god of the underworld, modern culture look at him and what he rules and think “Cool, perfect villain material.” And make him the bad guy in everything. If anything, Zeus is the bad guy. Zeus has cheated on Hera so many times meanwhile Hades will only ever love Persephone. (If you couldn’t tell, most of this is going to end up me defending Hades and blaming al the real issues on Zeus because they’re all mostly his fault)

• Like 2

On 6/16/2022 at 4:05 AM, Star Starless said:

Sorry, this is super late!

Poseidon was one of the children of Kronos and Rhea and was unfortunately one of the kids that was eaten by Kronos. After he was puked up and the gods defeated the titans, Poseidon decided to become the king of the seas. Poseidon is the god of the seas, earthquakes, and horses. Poseidon's main weapon is a trident, that, like Zeus's lightning bolt and Hades's helmet, was forged by 3 cyclopes. Poseidon is the father of most horses and has many ties to the land as well as the sea due to him also being the god of earthquakes. Poseidon is married to Amphitrite.

(Sorry that this is short, myth tomorrow I promise! Might do the story of Achilles.)

Wow, I always knew he was the god of the sea, but I never knew he was also god of earthquakes and horses!