Stray Fawn Community

Warriors: Growth of Meadowclan

medicine cat

Feel free to comment/ask questions! :3

A new warrior cats playthrough! I really liked my long Cattails playthrough, but I missed Warriors, and I found a new generator to build a clan off of! Yay!
Cats will be pregnant for three days, babies for 2, children for 6, teens for 12, and adults for 100. I think we'll have "gatherings" every 25 days, to keep things simple- having festivals every 10 days got pretty tiring before. Damage and healing of all sorts are x5. We start off with 0 nesting and 0 food. 
Leaders will have 9 lives, meaning they're given back a randomly generated number of 0-100 days per life.
We're starting off in peaceful meadow today.

Here's what the clan generator gave me:
unknown.png
And what Niche gave me/what I chose out of the 9 default nichelings:
image.png.7a12b0a3ebc5a9a54d3fea4cec16b853.png

So, here's our cast.
Meadowclan's leader is DEERSTAR. Deerstar has a short, bristly coat- hardened by experience and age- and a chocolate-colored pelt. He has dark ginger spots and green eyes. Deerstar is the oldest cat in the clan, and is a strong warrior who never complains. He is close friends with Hemlockstorm, who is around his age. Deerstar was made leader many moons ago by the founder of the clan, Meadowstar. His small but loyal band of warriors looks up to him, and he is highly respected. He has six lives remaining, the other three lost in battle. Deerstar is secretly a rather self-critical cat, and is unsure if he is doing the right thing for the clan.

BRIARCLAW is Deerstar's loyal deputy. She is a chocolate-colored she-cat with tabby stripes and short fur. She is not the best fighter, but she is quick. Briarclaw is a determined and outspoken cat, and the cats of the colony either lover her or hate her for this. She is named for her sharp tongue and temper. Briarclaw idolizes Deerstar- Deerstar took care of her when her father ran out of the clan to be a kittypet, and Briarclaw has viewed him as a role model ever since. 

HEMLOCKSTORM grew up with Deerstar and was apprenticed beside him- only Hemlockstorm is a medicine cat. He has short, white fur.  Hemlockstorm is serious and quiet, and has the quickest feet of any cat in the clan- Deerstar always jokes with him that it's a shame that he was never a warrior, since he would have been the fastest one on the battlefield. Briarclaw thinks he is a boring old tom, and he thinks that her temper would make her a bad leader. Hemlockstorm is an inteligent cat, but a bit arrogant; he considers himself smarter than some of the other cats in the clan.

FOXCLAW is a fresh warrior in the clan, having just received her warrior name alongside Cypresspelt. Foxclaw is a red spotted she-cat with short fur. She is a quick-witted and sarcastic she-cat. She gets along with a lot of cats in the clan, but she has a strong dislike for Cypresspelt, who she was often in competition with as an apprentice. The two share a bitter rivalry, Foxclaw envying Cypresspelt's beauty. Foxclaw is the strongest warrior in the colony alongside Deerpelt, and cats in the clan talk about her upcoming potential as a great Meadowclan fighter. She was apprenticed by Deerstar.

CYPRESSPELT is Foxclaw's rival and peer. She is a light chocolate-colored she-cat with light speckles. She has short fur and long, lithe limbs. Cypresspelt was mentored by Briarclaw, and is good friends with her. She holds envy and vitriol towards Foxclaw for being the strongest fighter in the clan. 

Last but not least, NIGHTPAW is the colony's current apprentice. He's apprenticing with Hemlockstorm. He has a short, black pelt with beautiful yellow eyes. He's not a good fighter, but he is skilled at identifying herbs, which made Hemlockstorm pick him as his apprentice.

Some picrews of them to start us :)
Deerstar, Briarclaw, and Hemlockstorm:
image.png.da4ab1d65dafd03d66d9f5e12f84d722.pngimage.png.24a336a2c5b7e8a234737abbe5c55c5e.pngimage.png.1cf8a291693d93ded1b0d511d3deb7b1.png

Foxclaw, Cypresspelt, and Nightpaw:
image.png.5c0d7fdf5f36e9b93c4e76dffcacf50e.pngimage.png.a9585557a492dc6805a7c8209f1f9afa.pngimage.png.1fb21747bd186900cf5adc1bbf64836e.png

• Like 3
  • Love 1

DAY 1 - CHAPTER 1
LEADER: DEERSTAR (A short haired, chocolate spotted tom with ginger mane, bristly fur and green eyes)
DEPUTY: BRIARCLAW (A chocolate tabby she-cat with short fur and green eyes)
MEDICINE CAT: HEMLOCKSTORM (A white tom with short fur, broad shoulders, and green eyes)
WARRIORS:
FOXCLAW (A red spotted she-cat with short fur and brown eyes)
CYPRESSPELT (A chocolate she-cat with short fur and brown eyes)
APPRENTICES:
NIGHTPAW (A black tomcat with yellow eyes and short fur)

The first thing that the clan does in their new territory is scramble for food.
"Hemlockstorm, can you gather berries?" Asks Deerstar. "I can catch some fish for us."
"On it," responds the white tom.
"I found a shell to eat," meows Nightpaw.
The clan gathers enough food for a few days, and it's time for the cats to rest for a bit. Hemlockstorm settles beside Deerstar as Deerstar digs into some prey.
"Have you heard any word from Starclan?" The chocolate tom asks his medicine cat. 
Hemlockstorm shrugs. "I have been told to expect new cats for the clan. That's all."
"I hope they're good warriors," meows Foxclaw, overhearing the exchange. "That's what we need right now."

A bearyena attacks the clan, marking the first challenge. Foxclaw is the first warrior to see the beast and unsheathes her claws. "Bearyena!" she calls out a warning to her clanmates, who run to assist her.
Deerstar makes it to her side first, batting his powerful claws at the bearyena. The two manage to take down the creature together, and the clan yowls in their victory.

Over the first few moons of being in the new territory, Cypresspelt gets the courage to ask Deerstar to be her mate.
"You're the prettiest she-cat in the whole clan," meows Briarclaw matter-of-factly, licking her paw. "I don't see why Deerstar wouldn't say yes."
"Because he's leader," mumbles Cypresspelt. "And he's so... serious."
"He just needs a cat who will bring out his softer side," suggests Briarclaw. "I'd say ask him."

Cypresspelt approaches Deerstar carefully.
"Deerstar, I'd like to speak with you in private," says the she-cat nervously.
"Of course. Come into my den, Cypresspelt." Deerstar leads the brown she-cat into his leader's den- a comfortable burrow with a crudely put together nest. Cypresspelt gulps- the two of them are alone.
"Is there a concern you have about the clan?" Deerstar sits, tilting his head to the side patiently. Even in casual conversation, he looks proud and noble. Cypresspelt sighs.
"No, Deerstar. It's not that." She sighs. "I... I'd like to be your mate. I know I'm an inexperienced warrior, but I think you're an honorable cat and would be a wonderful mate." She stammers out the end of her sentence, waiting for him to coldly reject her. But the rejection doesn't come.
"I'll be your mate, Cypresspelt," says Deerstar. "I would be honored, though I know very little about love."
Cypresspelt smiles, entwining her tail with Deerstar's.

Meanwhile, Hemlock's word from Starclan turns out to be true. He is gathering berries one day when a dark red tom is seen creeping near Meadowclan's border. He sneaks through the brush cautiously, and his fur bristles in surprise when he sees Hemlockstorm.
"I'm not going to hurt you," sighs Hemlockstorm. "I'm a medicine cat, you know. But I would like to know why you're on my clan's territory." He sighs once more and continues picking berries. The strange male is large and could easily take Hemlockstorm in a fight, but looks too scared to challenge him.
"I'm Cardinalfur," says the tom quietly. "I'm... Looking for a clan, actually." He shifts his paws. "Twolegs took my old land."
"You'll want to take that up with Deerstar," says Hemlock. "I'll show you to camp."
Deerstar looks Cardinalfur up and down. "And you want to join my clan, you said?"
Cardinalfur nods quietly.
"You can stay for a moon. Let my cats get a feel for you. Then we can talk," says Deerstar. His voice is not rude, but remains neutral.
"Don't worry, meows Briarclaw with a smile. "I'll show you around." The chocolate tabby signals Cardinalfur to follow her with her tail, and the male obliges. 
image.png.bcc9d3a962352495e958585b99eada57.png

The red tomcat is impressed with the clan's fair share of pretty she-cats, though he wonders how he'll ever get the nerve to talk to the warriors. He feels nervous getting too close to any cat.
"Is Deerstar always like that?" he asks Briarclaw when they are far enough out of earshot. 
"That's how he always is," responds the tabby. "You get used to it. He's a highly respected cat. No one here has anything bad to say about him. He was like my father."

Soon enough, the first ceremony of the clan happens- Hemlockstorm determines that Nightpaw has received enough experience to receive his medicine cat ceremony. He takes Nightpaw alone into the night to speak with Starclan.
"Where are we going, Hemlockstorm?" The young black tom pads behind his mentor.
"You're receiving your full name as a medicine cat," Hemlockstorm says as if it's no big deal. Nightpaw nearly trips over a root at Hemlockstorm's words.
"Really? I- I'm honored, Hemlockstorm," stutters Nightpaw. "Thank you."
The two cats arrive at the island's Moonpool. 
"I name you Nightpelt," says Hemlockstorm. "Starclan honors your patience and dedication, and we welcome you as a full medicine cat of Meadowclan."
BTrmh8mL0vPI.png

• Like 3

DAY 12 - CHAPTER 2
LEADER: DEERSTAR (A short haired, chocolate spotted tom with ginger mane, bristly fur and green eyes)
DEPUTY: BRIARCLAW (A chocolate tabby she-cat with short fur and green eyes)
MEDICINE CAT: HEMLOCKSTORM (A white tom with short fur, broad shoulders, and green eyes)
NIGHTPAW (A black tomcat with yellow eyes and short fur)
FOXCLAW (A red spotted she-cat with short fur and brown eyes)
WARRIORS:
CYPRESSPELT (A chocolate she-cat with short fur and brown eyes)
CARDINALFUR (A Red tomcat with light mane and bristly fur)

"Do you think you and Cypresspelt will be having kits soon?" Briarclaw asks Deerstar curiously.
Deerstar thinks on this. "I'd like to, but we haven't really explicitly mentioned it. 
"I think this would be a good time to do so," shrugs Briarclaw. "We have enough warriors to mentor a whole litter, if you ask me."
"Why don't you have kits?" Deerstar asks the she-cat jokingly. "I mean, Cardinalfur is single."
"Hey!" Briarclaw laughs, playfully batting Deerstar. "Leave me be. I have... deputy things to attend to."

But Deerstar is right- one day Cardinalfur approaches Briarclaw with prey in his jaws. He sets it down timidly before her.
"Briarclaw, I'd like to be your mate," says the tom. "I think you're really brave. And pretty. And you were really kind to me when I joined." He speaks like an apprentice babbling to his crush. Briarclaw laughs and stops him.
"I'll be your mate, Cardinalfur. I'm deputy, so I can't always hang out, but I'd love to." she smiles.

One day, Cypresspelt comes into the medicine den, complaining of sickness. Nightpelt looks her over but finds no sign of ailment.
"We can wait until Hemlockstorm gets back," says the dark-pelted tom. "He'll know what to do.
"Good, because I sure don't," mumbles Cypresspelt quietly. "I've felt really good lately, so I can't imagine that I'm sick."
Hemlockstorm arrives in the medicine den later and takes one look at Cypresspelt. He is unimpressed with Nightpelt's description of how "complex" her ailment is.
"It's simple." the white tom interrupts Nightpelt. "She's expecting kits."
"Really?" Cypresspelt is shocked. "Kits haven't been born in the colony in moons! Not since Nightpelt was born!"
"Congratulations," says Hemlockstorm flatly and drops his herbs on the floor of the den to mix them. "Have a nice day.

Cypresspelt runs to tell Deerstar, who for once looks nervous.
"What's wrong?" she asks him. "Aren't you happy?"
"No, of course!" Deerstar says quickly. "I'm just nervous. I don't know if I'm going to be a good father."
"You're going to be a great father," purrs Cypresspelt, nuzzling into Deerstar's side. Foxclaw rolls her eyes at the other side of the clearing.

Cypresspelt moves into the queens' den and settles in there. Briarclaw comes to visit her.
"I wonder who will mentor my kit," meows Cypresspelt excitedly. 
"All the cats in the clan haven't mentored in a while," says Briarclaw. "I think you'll have your pick depending on who's most compatible with your kit's personality."
"I just hope it's not Foxclaw," Cypresspelt mumbles, looking at her paws. "Deerstar says she's a great warrior, but I don't trust her around my kit."
"The kit is Deerstar's too," says Briarclaw. "Foxclaw wouldn't lay a paw on the leader's child."
"I suppose so," sighs Cypresspelt.

Briefly after Cypresspelt joins the nursery, a bearyena attacks the clan. Deerstar, Foxclaw and Briarclaw take down the beast without difficulty, and throw some food to the rogue bearyena that came with it some food instead of killing it. The creature bounds away and lets them be.

It's a rainy day when Cypresspelt gives birth to her kit. The birth is rough, and Hemlockstorm at first worries wether or not the kitten is going to survive. But he pulls through, and he finally is able to present him to Cypresspelt. He is a small, lean kitten with brown, muddy speckled fur. She names him Flykit in hopes he'll grow up to run fast like her. She proudly presents the kit to the clan members who enter the den to see him.
image.png.6f28929ff9a0bbdc90bf0bc39c9c328a.png

"Looks like he's going to be a strong warrior," meows Briarclaw, touching her nose to the kit. Seeing Flykit makes Briarclaw wonder if she'll have time to have kits of her own. She hopes so.

image.png.537d9762e849aec3efd204f4eec437aa.png

• Like 3
  • Love 1

DAY 20 - CHAPTER 3
LEADER: DEERSTAR (A short haired, chocolate spotted tom with ginger mane, bristly fur and green eyes)
MEDICINE CAT: HEMLOCKSTORM (A white tom with short fur, broad shoulders, and green eyes)
WARRIORS:
CARDINALFUR (A Red tomcat with light mane and bristly fur)
KITS:
FLYKIT (Brown speckled tom with dark eyes)

Flykit grows into apprenticing age. Cypresspelt approaches Deerstar about who will mentor him.
"Deerstar, who are you going to choose for Flykit to be apprenticed by?" She twitches her whiskers nervously, flicking her tail. She feels her chest tighten at Deerstar's answer.
"I'm thinking that I'll choose Foxclaw," says Deerstar matter of factly.
"Deerstar, you know how I feel about Foxclaw," states the she-cat anxiously. "I've never gotten along with her. It's been like this since we've been apprentices."

Deerstar looks at the she-cat. "Foxclaw is the strongest warrior in the colony, Cypresspelt," says the tom. "I'm sure that Foxclaw is willing to put aside a rivalry with you to train a strong warrior."
Cypresspelt sighs, her ears flattening. "Why not Briarclaw? She's a strong warrior."
"Briarclaw has to focus on being a deputy," says Deerstar. "She might have kits of her own soon since she's become mates with Cardinalfur. I know that it's hard, but trust my judgement on this, Cypresspelt."

Exasperated, Cypresspelt leaves Deerstar's den in a huff, going to sit by Briarclaw. Briarclaw is sunning herself.
"What's wrong?" the tabby asks her. Cypresspelt rolls her eyes.
"You'll never guess who Deerstar is making Flykit's mentor." 
"Foxclaw?" Briarclaw cringes.
"Yep. Even though I asked him specifically not to. I'd even mentor Flykit myself if I had to."

Despite Cypresspelt's opinion, Deerstar holds the apprentice's ceremony.
"Flykit, from now on you will be known as Flypaw," says Deerstar. "I assign you to Foxclaw as your mentor. May she teach you everything that she knows."
"Flykit! Flykit!" cheer the cats of the clan.
image.png.782a481cd31f97156d9f6dd95ce2ae4b.png

Cypress watches, her tail tensing as Flypaw goes to touch noses with Foxclaw. Foxclaw does not look up at Cypresspelt, but instead focuses on Flypaw. 

The clan holds their first gathering, and Flypaw is allowed to attend since he's a new apprentice.
"I believe that the clan is thriving," meows Deerstar. "We have ample food and a growing warrior."
"And a kit arriving," meows Briarclaw proudly, her paw on her belly. "I'm going to be having a kitten." The cats of the clan meow in a congratulatory manner. 
"What's the word from Starclan?" Deerstar asks Hemlockstorm.
The white tom shrugs. "The stars have been silent, but silence is good, in my opinion." Nightpelt sits nervously, since he hasn't received any word from Starclan before.

Flypaw begins training with Foxclaw, and Cypresspelt watches from afar. Flypaw timidly is listening to Foxclaw speak.
"You know, you don't gotta be scared," meows Foxclaw to the young tom. "If you don't understand something, speak up. I'm happy to help." she smiles at the apprentice. "Before you know it, you're going to be one of the clan's best fighters." She swipes a paw at him playfully, and he leaps back. "Almost got ya!" she laughs, and Flypaw smiles. 
Cypresspelt flattens her ears, jealousy flickering in her. Would Foxclaw turn her son against her?

image.png.5ade1c5fa4019d7d8fe4471825c00a3b.png

• Like 4

DAY 26 - CHAPTER 4
WARRIORS:
APPRENTICES:
FLYPAW (Brown speckled tom with dark eyes)

Another bearyena attacks Meadowclan.
"Flypaw!" Yells Foxclaw. The timid brown tom looks up at his mentor, and she smiles.
"It's time to prove yourself in your first battle.
Flypaw feels a lump form in his throat. is Foxclaw sure? He looks at the wild dog at the edge of the camp clearing as it foams from its jaws. He sees the other cats in the clan rallying to fight it, and he knows it's his turn to fight, too. He charges the creature and leaps at its face, dragging a claw across it. The creature howls in rage, and Flypaw feels pride along with the terror in his chest- he hit his enemy! 
The cats of the clan manage to take down the wild bearyena dog without anyone getting hurt.
"That was spectacular, Flypaw." Foxclaw places a paw on the young tomcat's back, and he feels himself brimming with pride.

Briarclaw moves into the queens' den. Cypresspelt comes to visit her.
"How are you feeling about having a kitten?" she asks.
"Fine," says Briarclaw. "But I know the life of a queen's probably not for me. I'm already anxious to get back out to being a deputy again."
"I actually really like being a queen," says Cypresspelt, licking her paws. "I'd like to have more kits soon."
"We could use more warriors," meows Briarclaw in response. "I saw Flypaw in battle the other day. He's very talented, you know."

Hemlockstorm dies of old age, marking the clan's first loss. Deerstar is especially affected by his death.
"He watches us from Starclan," Nightpelt says gently to the old leader.
Deerstar hangs his head low, pressing his nose to Hemlockstorm's body. "I'm sure you're mourning too, Nightpelt... How are you holding up?"
"I'm fine." Nightpelt smiles. "Thank you. I'm just nervous. I haven't heard anything from Starclan yet. They've not said a word to me."
Deerstar's whiskers twitch. "You're a new medicine cat, Nightpelt. You can't expect Starclan to reveal everything to you as soon as you earn your title."
"I suppose you're right," says Nightpelt. "Thank you, Deerstar."

A few moons pass, and Briarclaw gives birth to her kit. He is born not breathing, and Nightpelt feels fear strike his heart. He licks the kit to help it begin breathing as Hemlockstorm taught him, and for a heartbeat he feels like he's lost the kit. But the kit begins breathing, and he breathes a sigh of relief and pride. For once, he feels like a prepared medicine cat. He thanks Starclan for the healthy kit, and pulls back so he and Briarclaw can get a good look at it. Briarclaw is surprised when he sees the kit.
"His fur is snow white," she meows in surprise. Nightpelt is impressed- Briarclaw is a brown tabby, and Cardinalfur's pelt is red. This kit's pelt reminds him of Hemlockstorm's. He smiles at the familiar looking face.
"I'll name him Condorkit," purrs Briarclaw proudly.
Cardinalfur makes his way into the nursery, beaming proudly at his new son.
"He's perfect," meows the dark red tom, giving the kit an affectionate lick. "His mane looks like mine." 
image.png.42cc1d0597ec29c94332febd4782c215.png

Condorkit's eyes soon open, brown like his father's. He is a relaxed and friendly kit. Cardfinalfur comes into the nursery often to tell his son stories, especially stories about when he was a rogue. Condorkit is impressed, and enjoys spending time listening to his father. 
"Want to practice hunting?" Briarclaw offers, raising her tail for Condorkit to pounce on. Condorkit shakes his head. "I'd like to listen to more stories, please!"
Condorkit's not very strong but he is very quick- he enjoys chasing visitors to the nursery.

The clan is shocked when Foxclaw makes an announcement; she, too, is going to be having a kit. 
"Having a kit with who?" Cypresspelt meows, flattening her ears. "You don't have a mate here."
"I don't have to disclose that," says Foxclaw, flattening her ears. "That's the warrior code, Cypresspelt."
Cypresspelt flattens her ears. "But you're mentoring Flypaw."
"I'm willing to continue mentoring him until it's time for me to move into the nursery," meows Foxclaw. "I'm not going to sit pretty in the nursery my entire pregnancy like you did."
"That's enough," hisses Deerstar. "Both of you. We should be celebrating the coming birth of a warrior, not getting into petty fights."

Flypaw approaches Foxclaw after the news.
"You're... You ARE still going to mentor me, right?" His ears flatten, unsure. "If I'm bothering you, I'm sure dad won't mind training me." Foxclaw's tense expression softens. He thinks of the bitter words Foxclaw exchanged with Cypresspelt.
"Of course I'll continue mentoring you, Flypaw." she smiles. "I'll be honest with you, kid." she licks her paw and grooms herself as she talks. "I've never gotten along with your mother, ever since we were younger than you are now. Ever since we were Condorkit's age, really. But that doesn't change that I think you're going to be a great warrior. You're talented, Flypaw, and I want to be part of training you into all that you can be."
Flypaw smiles. "Thank you, Foxclaw."

Condorkit grows old enough to become an apprentice. 
"Briarclaw, I was thinking I would mentor Condorkit."
"Really, Deerstar?" Briarclaw perks up her ears with interest. "But you're a busy cat!"
"I figured I should take on another apprentice of my own."
"I really appreciate it," purrs the tabby she-cat. "You're a great mentor, Deerstar. I think that Condorkit could learn a lot from you. I worry about most other cats teaching him since he's a bit too easygoing..." she shifts her paws. "He needs a strong paw to teach him."

Deerstar calls a clan meeting and calls the cats' attention to Condorkit.
"Condorkit, from this day on you will be known as Condorpaw," says the powerful tom. "I myself will mentor you. I will do my best to pass down everything I know onto you."
"Condorpaw! Condorpaw!" the cats of the clan cheer.
image.png.f500ce56de514459daf7aeaabd4c63d3.png

image.png

• Like 3
  • Eek! 1

DAY 34 - CHAPTER 5

MEDICINE CAT: NIGHTPAW (A black tomcat with yellow eyes and short fur)
WARRIORS:
APPRENTICES:
FLYPAW (Brown speckled tom with dark eyes)

CONDORPAW (White tomcat with brown eyes and messy fur)

Foxclaw gives birth to a strong and healthy she-kit. The kit lets out a loud, energized cry as Nightpelt hands her to her mother.
"She's got the spirit of a warrior," meows Foxclaw with pride. "I'll name her Dragonkit. Like a Dragonfly."
Nightpelt smiles. "Another strong warrior for Meadowclan."
image.png.d172a4e554b437270c067a9d8ac08fa9.png
Over the next few moons, Briarpelt suspiciously looks the kitten over.
"She doesn't quite look like many toms in the clan," hisses the she-cat to Cypresspelt. "She looks TOO much like Cardinalfur for me to be comfortable. I know Foxclaw used to find interest in Cardinalfur."
Briarclaw confronts Cardinalfur about this, to which the tom looks very hurt.
"The kit has your nose. Your claws. Your ears. Your pelt."
"I've barely talked to Foxclaw in moons, Briarclaw." Cardinalfur flattens his ears, his quiet voice cold and shaky. "The fact you'd accuse me of loving another cat... That hurts. A lot. I would never."
"Look at her!" asserts Briarclaw. "Don't act like she doesn't look like you." She glares across the clearing where the kitten is playing.
Cardinalfur shuts his eyes. "You're fighting me over a kitten I had nothing to do with, Briarclaw. I know you and Cypresspelt don't like Foxclaw, but don't bring me into petty moons-old grudges." He pads away from her.
Briarclaw can tell from his voice that the tom is being honest. "Cardinalfur, wait." Cardinalfur doesn't answer. "Say something, Cardinalfur!" The tabby she-cat growls and pads off to hunt. Alone.

Having reached his full size and with Foxclaw now moving into the nursery, it is determined that Flypaw is ready to become a warrior. Deerstar calls a clan meeting.
"Flypaw, you have proved yourself worthy to be a warrior. You've fought wild dogs, loyally patrolled, and hunted for our clan. With this, I name you Flywhisker. Starclan honors your gentleness and intelligence, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Meadowclan."
"Flywhisker! Flywhisker!" cheer the cats of the clan.

image.png.6b4296a26bd184e050d7c6e0c8da12ab.png

Flywhisker comes to visit Foxclaw in the nursery and to properly meet Dragonkit. Dragonkit is friendly and relaxed around him.
"My mom says you're a warrior," says Dragonkit. "Let me challenge you to battle!" She crouches low to the ground, as if she's going to pounce. 
Flywhisker laughs. "Alright." He bats a playful paw at her, and she leaps on it, biting it. 
"Looks like she's going to be a strong fighter like her mother," laughs the tom, shaking her off of him.

Deerstar is patrolling with Cardinalfur and Condorpaw one day when he sees a young she-cat, a little above the age of an apprentice, wandering through the meadow. He stops her.
"What're you doing here? This is Meadowclan territory." His claws remain sheathed, but the she-cat is still frightened.
"I-I was dropped here by twolegs," mumbles the she-cat. "M-my name is Dawn. I don't know where I'm going."
"You're going to get killed walking through the wild alone like this," says Deerstar gravely. "And you have no one?"
"N-no." The she-cat shivers. "I'm alone."
"You're too young to have no one. You can join Meadowclan." Deerstar's voice speaks almost like a command rather than a suggestion. "I can't watch a young cat get hurt."
"T-thank you," the she-cat stutters out.
"Your name now is going to be Dawnpaw. I'm going to introduce you to the clan."

Deerstar calls a clan meeting. 
"This is Dawnpaw," says the tom. "She was taken and dropped in the wild by twolegs. I want respect to be shown to her, and I want her trained as a warrior."
"A kittypet?" Cypresspelt asks. Deerstar nods.
"She is a kittypet no more. I am assigning Cardinalfur to be her mentor. She will be trained to live and fight like us."
Dawnpaw touches noses with Cardinalfur.

"Don't worry about not being from this clan," Cardinalfur says to Dawnpaw when they are training a little while later. "I was taken into this clan, too. You'll learn to fit in; I promise."
image.png.465fc7cc4f0aa2be55868556076482b6.png

Dragonkit grows old enough to become an apprentice. Deerstar holds a clan meeting, calling the cats of the clan together.
"Dragonkit, it is time for you to be apprenticed," says the brown tomcat. "I have assigned you to a fine young warrior, and you will be his first apprentice. Flywhisker, step forward."
Flywhisker perks up his ears- his very own apprentice to mentor! 
"I trust Flywhisker to pass everything he knows down to you. From this day forth, you will be known as Dragonpaw."
"Dragonpaw! Dragonpaw!" Cheer the warriors.
image.png.322ade6c64b4fd3c52b92ee83ce8638b.png
Dragonpaw makes friends with Condorpaw. The two of them often spend time together when they're not training. She comes to admire the more experienced apprentice.

Cypresspelt announces that she's going to be having another kit, and the clan congratulates her. With all the new kits and apprentices, the clan's outlook is optimistic.
"I'll admit, I'm jealous of you having another kit," Briarclaw says to Cypresspelt. "I miss Cardinalfur a lot."
"Are you two still not talking?" asks Cypresspelt. She looks at her paws. "I think he'd be fine if you apologized, Briarclaw."
"But I don't know how my suspicions weren't unreasonable!" meows the tabby. "You don't like Foxclaw either. You can't tell me that Dragonpaw looking like him wasn't suspicious."
"Come on, Briarclaw." Cypresspelt smiles gently. "I think he has a right to be hurt."
"...Fine," hisses Briarclaw. "I'll do it for the sake of peace in Meadowclan."
"You're doing it because you miss him."
"...I do."
image.png.cc04ca6e22f7a6d0ca9853ba4dacfc7e.png

• Like 3
  • Eek! 1

DAY 42 - CHAPTER 6

MEDICINE CAT: NIGHTPELT (A black tomcat with yellow eyes and short fur)
WARRIORS:
FLYWHISKER (Brown speckled tom with dark eyes)
APPRENTICES:

CONDORPAW (White tomcat with brown eyes and messy fur)
DAWNPAW (Golden she-cat with dark eyes and soft fur)
DRAGONPAW (Chocolate she-cat with sharp claws and a muscular body)

Cypresspelt has an uncomplicated pregnancy, and gives birth to a chocolate-colored she-kit. The kit is small, but is healthy and nuzzles up close to her mother.
"I'll name her Dotkit," meows Cypresspelt. "She's so tiny. Do you think she'll grow, Nightpelt?"
"Sure she will," meows the black tomcat, his yellow eyes examining her closely.
image.png.825adf6b42248af6abcfa369e371cf62.png

Flywhisker comes into the nursery, eager to see his young sister.
"She's perfect," meows Flywhisker proudly. "You know, she looks a lot like me!"
"That she does," meows Cypresspelt. She licks her kit, and pulls Dotkit close when the three clan apprentices come poking into the nursery.
"She's beautiful, Cypresspelt!" Dawnpaw smiles. She leans forward to sniff the kit curiously, but Cypresspelt shields the kit.
"I don't want her getting sick."
"Oh. Sorry." Dawnpaw pulls back.

Soon, Dotkit's eyes open, and they are a beautiful green like Deerstar's. She is a calm and well behaved kit and makes friends with most everyone in Meadowclan. She especially enjoys playing with Flywhisker and practicing hunting with him.

At the same time, Condorpaw has grown old enough to become a warrior. Deerstar calls a clan meeting.
"Cats of Meadowclan, we gather tonight to introduce a new warrior to our ranks. I have trained Condorpaw myself, and I have seen him grow into a fine young warrior. From now on, he will be known as Condorflight. Starclan honors his courage and speed, and we welcome him as a full warrior of Meadowclan."
"Condorflight! Condorflight!" cheer the warriors.
"I'm really proud of you, Condorflight," meows Dragonpaw. "I hope I can be a great warrior like you one day." He nuzzles her gratefully, and goes off to start his vigil guarding the camp. Dragonpaw feels her heartbeat quicken as she watches the warrior take his post.
image.png.f75fe04c3f41d2e1ce58b1cee03c57ad.png
(Also first randomly generated prophecy that made sense to add to the story yay)

Deerstar steps down from the ledge upon which he was speaking and sees a stunned Nightpelt. 
"What is it, Nightpelt?" He tilts his head at the young medicine cat. "It's not often I've seen you with a look like that on your face."
The tomcat's yellow eyes are wide, and he's looking at the stars. "It's Starclan! I heard from Starclan! After fifteen moons, I-" Nightpelt laughs. "I heard from them, Deerstar."
"Well? What did they say?" The old tomcat smiles at the young medicine cat.
"Well..." Nightpelt's voice is shaky as if he fears missing any details or messing something up. "I... I saw a huge bird, soaring amongst the stars." Nightpelt looks up into the sky as if he can see it as clear as day. "It's Condorflight. He has the blessing of Starclan. For what, I don't know, but Starclan smiles upon him. I'll go tell him!"
Nightpelt goes to tell Condorflight, but Deerstar places a paw on his side, stopping him. "We should wait, Nightpelt. We don't know what kind of fortune Starclan has for Condorflight, but given he's such a young warrior, I do not want this to make him cocky. He's a levelheaded young cat- a prophecy can mess with your ego when you're so young, even if you have a good heart."
"I understand," says NIghtpelt. He smiles, happy that he finally heard something from Starclan.

It's now been almost one year since Briarclaw's fight with Cardinalfur. Her tail between her legs, Briarclaw approaches Cardinalfur. "Cardinalfur."
The red tom is picking his fresh-kill from the clan's pile. He is quiet, but he tilts an ear back to listen to Briarclaw. "Hey, Briarclaw."
"I..." the she-cat sighs. "I wanted to apologize, Cardinalfur. For doubting you. And for accusing you of things you didn't deserve. It wasn't fair." Her voice is strained and awkward- Briarclaw is not used to apologizing. "I really do care about you, and I... I really want to be mates with you still."
Cardinalfur looks at Briarclaw. "...Really? You're... sorry?" Cardinalfur has never heard Briarclaw apologize.
"I am." Briarclaw dips her head. She stares at her paws. "I don't want to lose you, Cardinalfur. I'm willing to fight for you."
Cardinalfur doesn't speak for a moment. He places his paw on Briarclaw's. "I accept your apology, Briarclaw. Thank you. We.. We can be mates again."
The two press their heads into each other's shoulders affectionately.

Cardinalfur approaches Deerstar one day.
"Deerstar, I believe that Dawnpaw has trained under the warrior code sufficiently. I think that she deserves to be a warrior."
"I trust your word, Cardinalfur," says Deerstar. He calls a clan meeting.
"Dawnpaw, you have worked hard to train under the warrior code and to become a full warrior of the clan. You started out knowing nothing of battle or even of hunting and you have become a strong warrior. From this day forth, you will be known as Dawnstream. Starclan honors your openness and resilience, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Meadowclan.
"Dawnstream! Dawnstream!" cheer the cats.

image.png.690e13943ece4434cef29cf03b89665e.png

Around the same time, it is determined that Dotkit is old enough to be apprenticed. Cypresspelt approaches Deerstar.
"Deerstar, I really would like Dotkit to be apprenticed by Briarclaw," says the she-cat. "I feel like it's my turn to choose."
"So be it," says Deerstar. "Briarclaw can apprentice Dotkit."
Deerstar calls a clan meeting, and renames Dotkit as Dotpaw. Dotpaw is assigned to Briarclaw as an apprentice.
"I hope we get apprentices soon," meows Dawnstream to Condorflight. "Maybe more kits will be born with newleaf."
dApDm2meOyaK.png.d64670001ed3a15eef672242251bd18d.png

• Like 3
  • Eek! 1

DAY 50 - CHAPTER 7

WARRIORS:

CONDORFLIGHT (White tomcat with brown eyes and messy fur)
DAWNSTREAM (Golden she-cat with dark eyes and soft fur)
APPRENTICES:
DRAGONPAW (Chocolate she-cat with sharp claws and a muscular body)
DOTPAW (Lithe brown she-cat with green eyes)

The clan holds a gathering (Since we do this every 25 days/moons i'm too lazy to make this a daily thing).
Deerstar leaps upon the high rock in the clan territory and looks down at his warriors.
"I'm proud of this clan," he announces. "But I want us to stock up on food in the coming moons. We are growing, and with that we need to ramp up our hunting skill."
"I'll lead more hunts," says Briarclaw.
Nightpelt dips his head. "I'll pick more berries."
"I can dig for more food," meows Cardinalfur.
"Nightpelt, have you heard anything new from Starclan since you and I last spoke?" asks Deerstar.
Nightpelt shakes his head. "No. But what I have heard has all been good things for Meadowclan."

Dragonpaw grows old enough and strong enough to be a warrior. She gathers food for the clan with her impressive hunting skills. Deerstar determines that this service for the clan is worthy of a warrior's ceremony. He calls a clan meeting.
"Cats of Meadowclan, we are adding yet another warrior to our ranks tonight." He looks at the brown she-cat. "Dragonpaw, step forward."
Dragonpaw walks past the other cats to Deerstar. She has become muscular and strong. Her strength rivals that of her mother and Deerstar.
"From this day on, you shall be called Dragonleap," says Deerstar. "Starclan honors your strength and loyalty, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Meadowclan.
"Dragonleap! Dragonleap!" Yell the warriors of the clan.
image.png.f579abccc5cc571185a9710cd20a00dc.png

A few nights after Dragonleap's ceremony, she approaches Condorflight.
"Condorflight, I'd like to talk to you about something important."
The male lazes on a rock, and he smiles at Dragonleap when she approaches. "Sure, Dragonleap. What's up?"
"I've liked you for a long time, Condorflight. Ever since we were apprentices. And.. I want to know if you feel the same."
The white tom flashes a large smile, beaming in the moonlight. "I do, Dragonleap. I've been waiting for this for moons." The two become mates.

Briarclaw is upset at the prospect of her son becoming mates with Dragonleap. She confronts him about this when the two are on a walk.
"Condorflight, we need to talk." the she-cat swishes her tail tensely. "I don't approve of you becoming mates with Dragonleap."
"And why not?" the white tom looks at his mother incredulously.
"Dragonleap isn't of pure clan blood. And the clan blood that she has is that of Foxclaw. Foxclaw and I have never gotten along, and she's never gotten along with Cypresspelt, either."
"I don't think you know Dragonleap," says Condorflight. "I think that you're making a big deal out of nothing.
"It's a big deal to me," Briarclaw asserts, stepping in front of her son. 
"I'm sorry, Mom, but you're going to have to deal with it," says Condorflight, shrugging. He doesn't get angry, but he doesn't budge at Briarclaw's suggestions.
"....You're going to have to come to a decision, Condorflight. It's me or your mate."
"I'm choosing Dragonleap." Condorflight doesn't even hesitate, but he flattens his ears. "I'm not dealing with this. I remember when you fought with Dad. And I'm not letting you be bitter towards me for moons like you were towards him." He side-steps his mother and heads back towards camp. 

Exasperated, Briarclaw goes to Deerstar.
"Condorflight is his own warrior, Briarclaw." Deerstar looks at his deputy. "I don't see why you hold such animosity towards Dragonleap."
"She's half-clan! She has to be!" the deputy stomps a paw at Deerstar. "How can you not see that? Foxclaw had no mates from this clan. She had to have had Dragonleap with a rogue. Why else wouldn't she tell us-"
"It's a queen's right to not name the father of her kits," meows Deerstar, interrupting Briarclaw. "Briarclaw, I think that you should focus on actual breakings of the warrior code. You can not hold petty grudges with your clanmates if you are to lead the clan one day." The tom pauses to scratch his ear. "I trained Condorflight myself, Briarclaw. He is a noble and honorable warrior with a good heart. I trust him to make his own decisions, and I advise you to do the same. I know you are his mother, but all you are doing is pushing your son away."
Deerstar's voice is not angry, but he is serious. Briarclaw knows that there is nothing she can say to argue against him. But this doesn't mean she will apologize to Condorflight.
"...Yes, Deerstar."

Briarclaw announces to the clan that she is going to be having another kit with Cardinalfur.
"Aren't you excited to have a sibling?" Dragonleap meows at Condorflight. Condorflight smiles at her, but he feels a pit of dread in his stomach- will his mother raise his sibling to resent him? Condorflight realizes Dragonleap has little to no idea of Briarclaw's resentment towards her.
"I hope I get to mentor the kit," says Dragonleap. "Think about it! I'd be mentoring your kin!"
I hope not for your sake, Condorflight thinks to himself.

Meanwhile, Dawnstream has been spending time with Flywhisker.
"I think I should ask him out," meows the golden she-cat to Dotpaw. "I don't know."
"It's up to you," meows Dotpaw casually. "My brother's a good cat, but you should look around and see what really makes you happy. Everyone's in a rush to get a mate these days."

Dawnstream decides in favor of asking Flywhisker to be her mate.
"Of course I'll be your mate," the tomcat stammers out. "I think you're a beautiful cat, Dawnstream."

It is decided that Dotpaw is strong enough to be declared a warrior, and Deerstar calls another clan meeting.
"Dotpaw, you have worked hard to train in the warrior code and prove yourself. For this, you will no longer be known as Dotpaw. You will be called Dotflower. Starclan honors your humor and honesty, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Meadowclan."
"Dotflower! Dotflower!" the cats cheer.

image.png.8f58a0c2d8586138e16d455d0f5ae44d.png

• Like 4

DAY 63 - CHAPTER 8

WARRIORS:

CONDORFLIGHT (White tomcat with brown eyes and messy fur)
DAWNSTREAM (Golden she-cat with dark eyes and soft fur)
DRAGONLEAP (Chocolate she-cat with sharp claws and a muscular body)
DOTFLOWER (Lithe brown she-cat with green eyes)

Nightpelt is preparing Briarclaw to give birth in the coming days in the den when he is hit with a vision. He steps back, terrified. 
"What is it? What's wrong?" Briarclaw demands.
"Word from Starclan," stammers out Nightpelt. "Regarding your kit."
Briarclaw places an urgent paw on the sleek medicine cat. "Nightpelt! Tell me!"
"Beware of the danger from the cat with green eyes." (thanks prophecy generator)
"What?!" Briarclaw asks. She feels her heart drop- does this prophecy mean that her kit will cause destruction to Meadowclan? Thoughts of different actions she could take race through her head. She can't lose another child like she lost Condorflight when he became mates with Dragonleap. But she can't raise a cat that will cause the clan chaos.

The stress gets to Briarclaw, and she soon gives birth to she and Cardinalfur's kit. She has her first daughter- a flame-colored she-cat. The kit is born relatively healthy, her eyes still shut tight. Was this the kit that would bring destruction to the clan? 
"I'll name her Firekit," says Briarclaw softly. She decides then and there that she's going to protect her kit and do everything she can to keep her from turning into a dangerous cat, and everything she can to keep her from distancing herself like Condorflight did.

"I'm not sure how she's ever going to socialize," Foxclaw says to Flywhisker as she licks her paw. "Briarclaw is cutting her off from most everybody."
"Hopefully she'll get to socialize more as an apprentice," meows Flywhisker. "I wonder what's got Briarclaw acting like this. She didn't treat Condorflight this way when she was raising him."

Cypresspelt, meanwhile, announces that she is pregnant again and excitedly moves into the nursery with Briarclaw.

Briarclaw continues to meditate on the prophecy Starclan had about her kit. But to Briarclaw's shock and confusion, her kit's eyes open. And they are not green.
Firekit's eyes are brown.
image.png.01804538f319b63979dc83dae00861a9.png

Briarclaw feels a rush of relief run over her, and she thanks Starclan. But then a new wave of fear rushes over her. If Firekit is not the cat to fear, then a different cat in the clan is a threat to Firekit. A cat with green eyes. 
Who in the clan has green eyes? Briarclaw thinks to herself. Deerstar does. Dotflower does. SHE does.
Briarclaw knows that she can't possibly somehow be the green-eyed threat toward her kit. She highly doubts that the threat is Deerstar, the cat who has been like a father to her for years. Could the cat be Dotflower?
Briarclaw isn't taking any chances. She isolates Firekit not only from Condorflight, but from all other cats and stays tucked away in the nursery. Her only companions are Cypresspelt and Nightpelt.
Firekit, meanwhile, is a shy kit who stays close to Briarclaw anyway and does not make much of an effort to talk to other cats. 

One day, Dragonleap approaches Condorflight. Her expression is wide and beaming. "Condorflight! Guess what?"
"Hm?" The white tom smiles at his mate.
"You're going to be a father," she purrs. "I'm going to be having a kit!"
"That's amazing!" meows Condorflight, nuzzling her close. 
"Yep! I'm about to move into the nursery," she meows. "I'll get to meet your younger sister!" 
Condorflight's stomach drops at the idea. He remembers that his mother, Briarclaw, is still in the nursery.
"...Ah... yeah!" Condorflight's face is a nervous one. Dragonleap tilts her head to the side.
"What's wrong, Condorflight? I thought you'd be happy."
"I am happy! It's just... It's my mother." Condorflight sighs. "She's... really difficult, and became more difficult when I became mates with you. she's really not happy about it."
"What? Why's that?"
"She's had a long-standing grudge with your mother. I guess her dislike for Foxclaw extended to you." Condorflight sighs.
"Sounds like this will make for an awkward time in the nursery," sighs Dragonleap. Condorflight is saddened to see Dragonleap's disappointment, but is at the same time relieved she took it so well.

Briarclaw and Cypresspelt largely ostracize Dragonleap, moving to the other end of the nursery. Nightpelt notices this and befriends the she-cat. 

Cypresspelt has another son- another tomcat that looks like Flywhisker, but with green eyes. She names him Groundkit. Firekit takes interest in the kit, happy to find someone her age to play with- and someone to play with at all, really. But Briarclaw's eyes widen in horror when Firekit wakes her up one morning. "Mom, look! Groundkit's eyes oepened!" Groundkit's eyes are green.

image.png.4d1186b2f75f883c47a054912dbb0baf.png
Briarclaw tries to keep Groundkit away from Firekit, to the point of hissing at the little brown kitten.
"What's the matter with you lately, Briarclaw?" Cypresspelt asks her longtime friend. "Don't hiss at my son!"

Nightpelt hears the arguement and comes into the nursery.
"What's the matter?" asks Nightpelt. 
"The prophecy!" yells Briarclaw, standing in front of Firekit protectively. "The cat with green eyes! Beware of the cat with the green eyes being around my kit!"
"What on earth are you talking about!?" yells Cypresspelt. The two continue arguing, and Groundkit and Firekit huddle together, confused.
Nightpelt flattens his ears in frustration, and then an epiphany hits him. 
"Briarclaw!" Nightpelt growls harshly, with anger no cat in the clan had ever heard from him before. Briarclaw and Cypresspelt turn to him, shocked. "Briarclaw, YOU are the cat endangering Firekit!"
"What!?" Briarclaw asks. 
"It's you! All you've done since she was born is hide her away from other cats. She has barely gotten to meet anyone besides me, Cypresspelt, and Cardinalfur. Now that she's made a friend, you're chasing them away! What kind of good do you think that will do for your daughter?"

Briarclaw begins to hiss something out, but stops and considers what Nightpelt said. She sighs and lowers her head.
"...You... You're correct."

"What's the meaning of these yowls?" Deerstar asks, stepping into the nursery. Nightpelt explains the situation, and Briarclaw sits beside Firekit, embarrassed. Deerstar sighs and is silent for a long moment.
"Briarclaw. I believe it would be best if we renamed the clan deputy to be someone else," Deerstar confesses.
Briarpelt feels her stomach drop. "Deerstar?"
"You're a brave fighter, and a strong warrior. But you let your emotions get to you far too often, Briarclaw. It hurts other cats."

Deerstar calls a clan meeting. "It is time we appointed a new deputy," confesses the tom. "Briarclaw has other priorities, and while she has served well, I believe Starclan is calling me to make a new choice." The cats of the clan are shocked and listen closely to who Deerstar will select. "I say these words before the spirits of Starclan so that they may hear and approve of my choice. The new deputy of Meadowclan is Flywhisker."
The cats of the clan cheer at Deerstar's choice, though some cats are surprised he chose his own son. 
image.png.65c82a5c1fe7912535a301d8a568e310.png

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 1

DAY 68 - CHAPTER 9

DEPUTY: FLYWHISKER (Brown speckled tom with dark eyes)(Mentored by: Foxclaw)
MEDICINE CAT: NIGHTPELT (A black tomcat with yellow eyes and short fur)(Mentored by: Hemlockstorm)
WARRIORS:

CONDORFLIGHT (White tomcat with brown eyes and messy fur)(Mentored by: Deerstar)
DAWNSTREAM (Golden she-cat with dark eyes and soft fur)(Mentored by: Cardinalfur)
DRAGONLEAP (Chocolate she-cat with sharp claws and a muscular body)(Mentored by: Flywhisker)
DOTFLOWER (Lithe brown she-cat with green eyes) (Mentored by: Briarclaw)
BRIARCLAW (A chocolate tabby she-cat with short fur and green eyes) (Mentored by: Deerstar)
KITS:
FIREKIT (Flaming red she-cat with brown eyes)
GROUNDKIT (Brown tomkit with long legs and piercing green eyes)

There is a tense air in the nursery after Briarclaw is demoted to a regular warrior. Even so, she is at least a bit less hostile towards Dragonleap after Deerstar's reprimand of her. Dragonleap is relieved when her kit is finally born and she has something to focus on rather than her denmates. Dragonleap has a healthy daughter- a muddy brown she-kit with brown eyes. She is large for a kit, with long legs and a big head.
"I want to name her Longkit," meows Dragonleap. "I've never seen a kit this big."
image.png.d72dde03f202374cd8976150adc79d40.png 

Dawnstream approaches Flywhisker one day.
"You know, Flywhisker, I'd really like to have a kit too. I'm one of the only she-cat warriors who hasn't- I think we'd have a lovely family if we did."
"That's perfectly fine by me," meows the tom. Dawnstream soon discovers she is pregnant after this discussion, and she moves to the nursery to be with the other she-cats.
"The nursery is sure getting crowded," meows Firekit. "I miss when it was just me and Mom and Cypresspelt and Groundkit."
"You'll be moving to the apprentice's den soon," says Briarclaw. "You're almost big enough to be trained to be a warrior now."

Meanwhile, Nightpelt is visited by Hemlockstorm in a dream. He is shocked to see his old mentor, and runs up excitedly to the white tomcat.
"Hemlockstorm! I finally heard from Starclan! I've been receiving prophecies!" 
"I... I can tell," says Hemlockstorm awkwardly. "I mean.. you are speaking with a Starclan cat right now."
"Oh. Right." Nightpelt awkwardly backs up. "Either way, it's so good to see you. Meadowclan is thriving."
"I've come to bring you more word from Starclan," continues Hemlockstorm. 
"I hope it's a good prophecy this time. The last one caused trouble with Briarclaw..." Nightpelt mutters. 
"Briarclaw needed to be taken from her deputy position," meows Hemlockstorm firmly. "She's no fit for leader."
"I know that, believe me..." mutters Nightpelt. "What do you have to share with me, Hemlockstorm?"
"Starclan has selected with our own paws, Groundkit to become the next medicine cat. The stars are close to him," Hemlockstorm says. Hemlockstorm begins to fade, and Nightpelt awakens in the medicine cat den with the old familiar scent of Hemlockstorm fading from him.

"Selected by Starclan's own paws..." Nightpelt mutters to himself. He looks across the clearing, where Groundkit is playing with Firekit in front of the nursery. The first cat he thinks to mention this to is Deerstar.
"Deerstar, Starclan has spoken to me. They have chosen who they want as Meadowclan's next medicine cat."
"The next medicine cat?" Deerstar is intrigued. "But you're still a young cat, Nightpelt."
"I suppose it's never too early to train an apprentice. They want your son, Deerstar. They want Groundkit."
"Groundkit?" Deerstar is surprised. "It's an honor for my son to be selected by Starclan. He will have to be spoken to about this when he reaches apprenticing age."

Meanwhile, Nightpelt speaks to Cypresspelt about the prophecy.
"Really? A medicine cat?" Cypresspelt looks enthralled. "That's amazing! One of my sons will be a medicine cat one day, and my other son is a deputy! I'm so proud, Nightpelt!" she meows. Nightpelt is relieved at Cypresspelt's reaction, having been worried that she would be disappointed at her son being destined for a medicine cat's path.

Firekit grows old enough to become an apprentice. Deerstar holds a clan meeting.
"Firekit, it's time that you are apprenticed," meows Deerstar. "From this day on, you will be known as Firepaw. Your mentor will be Dotflower- may she pass everything she knows down to you."
"Firepaw! Firepaw!" cheer the clan cats. 
image.png.4b9ac3198f24ef585aa0e19ff8378d1e.png

Dotflower finds Firepaw rather awkward, and has issues trying to get to know her.

Dawnstream's kit is born, but it dies shortly after being born. Dawnstream is heartbroken, as is Flywhisker. Dawnstream finds herself bitter towards the other she-cats who have had kits recently, and she grows to resent Cypresspelt, Dragonleap and Briarclaw.

Meanwhile, Groundkit approaches Nightpelt.
"Nightpelt, I'd really like to train to be a medicine cat with you. My mom's mentioned it before, and I don't quite want to be a warrior. I think I could do a lot as a medicine cat," he meows. "I want to learn to speak with Starclan."
"That takes a lot of time," Nightpelt admits. "But I'll be happy to show you how to be a medicine cat." he smiles.

Deerstar soon after holds Groundkit's apprenticing ceremony.
"Tonight is a special night," begins the old tom. "Groundkit is the first cat of Meadowclan to be apprenticed as a medicine cat in years. I am very excited to rename him as Groundpaw tonight, and assigning Nightpelt to him as a mentor. May Nightpelt teach you everything he knows, Groundpaw."
"Groundpaw! Groundpaw!" meow the cats of the clan.
"I will take you to the Moonpool at the next half moon," meows Nightpelt in Groundpaw's ear. Groundpaw feels excitement rush through him.

image.png.4aa15942d698dc3da1d9d036e1acba9a.png

"Just because you're a medicine cat apprentice doesn't mean you won't practice fighting with me, right?" Firepaw asks shyly. "I really enjoy hanging out with you, Groundpaw.
"Of course!" meows the brown tomcat. "But you'll quickly become better at fighting than I am. My sister's a pretty good fighter; you're lucky that she's teaching you."

Longkit grows strong enough to be an apprentice, and Deerstar calls a clan meeting for her.
"It is time for Longkit to be apprenticed," announces Deerstar. "Longkit, from this day on you will be called Longpaw. I assign to you Dawnstream as your mentor- may she pass down everything that she knows down to you."
image.png.3f8913ba5971fb5efe0fe80174694305.png

Dawnstream feels a tinge of jealousy initially as she spends time with Longpaw- she can't help but thinking of the kit that she lost, and how it should be an apprentice by now. Even so, Longpaw slowly grows on Dawnstream. Longpaw is a quick and intelligent cat.
"You're going to be a great asset to Meadowclan, the golden she-cat tells her apprentice.

• Like 2
  • Eek! 2

5 hours ago, medicine cat said:

DAY 68 - CHAPTER 9

MEDICINE CAT: NIGHTPELT (A black tomcat with yellow eyes and short fur)(Mentored by: Hemlockstorm)
WARRIORS:

CONDORFLIGHT (White tomcat with brown eyes and messy fur)(Mentored by: Deerstar)
DAWNSTREAM (Golden she-cat with dark eyes and soft fur)(Mentored by: Cardinalfur)
DRAGONLEAP (Chocolate she-cat with sharp claws and a muscular body)(Mentored by: Flywhisker)
BRIARCLAW (A chocolate tabby she-cat with short fur and green eyes) (Mentored by: Deerstar)
KITS:
FIREKIT (Flaming red she-cat with brown eyes)
GROUNDKIT (Brown tomkit with long legs and piercing green eyes)

There is a tense air in the nursery after Briarclaw is demoted to a regular warrior. Even so, she is at least a bit less hostile towards Dragonleap after Deerstar's reprimand of her. Dragonleap is relieved when her kit is finally born and she has something to focus on rather than her denmates. Dragonleap has a healthy daughter- a muddy brown she-kit with brown eyes. She is large for a kit, with long legs and a big head.
"I want to name her Longkit," meows Dragonleap. "I've never seen a kit this big."
image.png.d72dde03f202374cd8976150adc79d40.png 

Dawnstream approaches Flywhisker one day.
"You know, Flywhisker, I'd really like to have a kit too. I'm one of the only she-cat warriors who hasn't- I think we'd have a lovely family if we did."
"That's perfectly fine by me," meows the tom. Dawnstream soon discovers she is pregnant after this discussion, and she moves to the nursery to be with the other she-cats.
"The nursery is sure getting crowded," meows Firekit. "I miss when it was just me and Mom and Cypresspelt and Groundkit."
"You'll be moving to the apprentice's den soon," says Briarclaw. "You're almost big enough to be trained to be a warrior now."

Meanwhile, Nightpelt is visited by Hemlockstorm in a dream. He is shocked to see his old mentor, and runs up excitedly to the white tomcat.
"Hemlockstorm! I finally heard from Starclan! I've been receiving prophecies!" 
"I... I can tell," says Hemlockstorm awkwardly. "I mean.. you are speaking with a Starclan cat right now."
"Oh. Right." Nightpelt awkwardly backs up. "Either way, it's so good to see you. Meadowclan is thriving."
"I've come to bring you more word from Starclan," continues Hemlockstorm. 
"I hope it's a good prophecy this time. The last one caused trouble with Briarclaw..." Nightpelt mutters. 
"Briarclaw needed to be taken from her deputy position," meows Hemlockstorm firmly. "She's no fit for leader."
"I know that, believe me..." mutters Nightpelt. "What do you have to share with me, Hemlockstorm?"
"Starclan has selected with our own paws, Groundkit to become the next medicine cat. The stars are close to him," Hemlockstorm says. Hemlockstorm begins to fade, and Nightpelt awakens in the medicine cat den with the old familiar scent of Hemlockstorm fading from him.

"Selected by Starclan's own paws..." Nightpelt mutters to himself. He looks across the clearing, where Groundkit is playing with Firekit in front of the nursery. The first cat he thinks to mention this to is Deerstar.
"Deerstar, Starclan has spoken to me. They have chosen who they want as Meadowclan's next medicine cat."
"The next medicine cat?" Deerstar is intrigued. "But you're still a young cat, Nightpelt."
"I suppose it's never too early to train an apprentice. They want your son, Deerstar. They want Groundkit."
"Groundkit?" Deerstar is surprised. "It's an honor for my son to be selected by Starclan. He will have to be spoken to about this when he reaches apprenticing age."

Meanwhile, Nightpelt speaks to Cypresspelt about the prophecy.
"Really? A medicine cat?" Cypresspelt looks enthralled. "That's amazing! One of my sons will be a medicine cat one day, and my other son is a deputy! I'm so proud, Nightpelt!" she meows. Nightpelt is relieved at Cypresspelt's reaction, having been worried that she would be disappointed at her son being destined for a medicine cat's path.

Firekit grows old enough to become an apprentice. Deerstar holds a clan meeting.
"Firekit, it's time that you are apprenticed," meows Deerstar. "From this day on, you will be known as Firepaw. Your mentor will be Dotflower- may she pass everything she knows down to you."
"Firepaw! Firepaw!" cheer the clan cats. 
image.png.4b9ac3198f24ef585aa0e19ff8378d1e.png

Dotflower finds Firepaw rather awkward, and has issues trying to get to know her.

Dawnstream's kit is born, but it dies shortly after being born. Dawnstream is heartbroken, as is Flywhisker. Dawnstream finds herself bitter towards the other she-cats who have had kits recently, and she grows to resent Cypresspelt, Dragonleap and Briarclaw.

Meanwhile, Groundkit approaches Nightpelt.
"Nightpelt, I'd really like to train to be a medicine cat with you. My mom's mentioned it before, and I don't quite want to be a warrior. I think I could do a lot as a medicine cat," he meows. "I want to learn to speak with Starclan."
"That takes a lot of time," Nightpelt admits. "But I'll be happy to show you how to be a medicine cat." he smiles.

Deerstar soon after holds Groundkit's apprenticing ceremony.
"Tonight is a special night," begins the old tom. "Groundkit is the first cat of Meadowclan to be apprenticed as a medicine cat in years. I am very excited to rename him as Groundpaw tonight, and assigning Nightpelt to him as a mentor. May Nightpelt teach you everything he knows, Groundpaw."
"Groundpaw! Groundpaw!" meow the cats of the clan.
"I will take you to the Moonpool at the next half moon," meows Nightpelt in Groundpaw's ear. Groundpaw feels excitement rush through him.

image.png.4aa15942d698dc3da1d9d036e1acba9a.png

"Just because you're a medicine cat apprentice doesn't mean you won't practice fighting with me, right?" Firepaw asks shyly. "I really enjoy hanging out with you, Groundpaw.
"Of course!" meows the brown tomcat. "But you'll quickly become better at fighting than I am. My sister's a pretty good fighter; you're lucky that she's teaching you."

Longkit grows strong enough to be an apprentice, and Deerstar calls a clan meeting for her.
"It is time for Longkit to be apprenticed," announces Deerstar. "Longkit, from this day on you will be called Longpaw. I assign to you Dawnstream as your mentor- may she pass down everything that she knows down to you."
image.png.3f8913ba5971fb5efe0fe80174694305.png

Dawnstream feels a tinge of jealousy initially as she spends time with Longpaw- she can't help but thinking of the kit that she lost, and how it should be an apprentice by now. Even so, Longpaw slowly grows on Dawnstream. Longpaw is a quick and intelligent cat.
"You're going to be a great asset to Meadowclan, the golden she-cat tells her apprentice.

Condorflight is called Cypresspelt in the image 

DAY 74 - CHAPTER 10

WARRIORS:

APPRENTICES:
FIREPAW (Flaming red she-cat with brown eyes)(Mentored by: Dotflower)
GROUNDPAW (Brown tom with long legs and piercing green eyes)(Mentored by: Nightpelt)
LONGPAW (Muddy brown she-cat with brown eyes and a large frame)(Mentored by: Dawnstream)

The clan holds a gathering.
"We've had more cats in Meadowclan than ever before," Deerstar says proudly as he addresses his clan. "We now boast eight warriors, and have two more apprentices joining them. We also have a medicine cat apprentice for the first time in many moons." He smiles at Groundpaw, who puffs his chest up proudly at the mention of his apprenticeship.

The clan amps up their food collection once more in order to compensate for the increasing population.

Almost an entire year after Dawnstream lost her first kit, she is hit with news that makes her heart leap- she is to have another kit. She runs to tell Flywhisker the news.
"Flywhisker... Starclan has answered us," she meows. "I'm going to be having a kit!"
"Dawnstream!" meows Flywhisker excitedly. He nuzzles her close, but feels a pit of anxiety in his stomach. What if she loses a kit again? He worries that his mate may be unable to take another loss like that. He prays to Starclan for a healthy and easy birth for Dawnstream. 
Longpaw, meanwhile, is worried about her warrior training. She approaches Dawnstream one day with sad eyes after the announcement. 
"Dawnstream, who's going to apprentice me when you move to the nursery?" she asks. Dawnstream feels a pang of guilt looking at the sad apprentice.
"You'll still be apprenticed, Longpaw. I promise. Talk to Deerstar; I'm sure he'll give you a great cat to mentor you in my place. I'm really sorry, though; I've just been.. I've been waiting for kits for a long time." she smiles.
"I understand," meows Longpaw. She approaches Deerstar.
"Who will mentor me now that Dawnstream is having a kit?" asks Longpaw. Deerstar thinks for a moment, surveying his eyes over his warriors. 
"How about Cypresspelt?" he asks.
"That works for me." 

Longpaw cautiously approaches Cypresspelt, the older brown she-cat licking her paw in the sun.
"Deerstar wants you to apprentice me while Dawnstream is in the nursery expecting her kit." She averts her gaze from the she-cat.
"Of course," meows Cypresspelt, rising to her paws. "Anything to ensure my grandchild is born healthy. Dawnstream needs to rest." Though Cypresspelt isn't particularly a fan of Dawnstream, her heart hurt for her when she lost her first kit. "We can go hunting together."

Cardinalfur dies of old age. The cats of Meadowclan are left to mourn him. Deerstar, Foxclaw, Briarclaw, Briarclaw, Cypresspelt, Condorflight, and Firepaw sit vigil for the old warrior. When morning comes, Firepaw rises to her paws.
"I want to be the one to bury him." The cats look at her. "Please."
"Are you sure? That's a big task to do by yourself," Condorflight tells her. But Firepaw is already taking the body of the old tomcat away to be buried properly. 
"It's a big deal that she chose to do that," Briarclaw states to the cats around her. "She's taken his death very hard."
"I'm going to make her a warrior tonight," Deerstar tells Briarclaw. "She's earned it. She need something to focus on aside from grief and grief alone."

"Firepaw, tonight you will be made a warrior," he announces. The flaming orange she-cat looks up at him in surprirse. "You have proven that you are willing to serve your clanmates. From this night onward, you will be called Firenose. Starclan honors your dedication and integrity, and we welcome you as a full member of Meadowclan."
"Firenose! Firenose!" Cheer the warriors.
image.png.3e7b7cba3dce4e11d230ece70cb166d6.png

A couple of nights later, Firenose sneaks out of camp to meet Groundpaw in the meadow's tall grass. She finds the brown tomcat lying on a rock. The two have been meeting like this for quite some time.
"So you're a warrior now," meows Groundpaw, approaching the she-cat. "How's it feel?"
"A relief," says Firenose. "You should have an idea of the feeling. You're almost a full medicine cat, after all."
"It's a bit hard to be medicine cat like this," admits the tom, gesturing his tail towards her. "I know Starclan has called me to be a healer, but the whole 'no mates' thing? Not a fan." He approaches the bright ginger cat and nuzzles her. She emits a soft purr.
"I missed you when I was keeping warrior's vigil the other night," admits the she-cat. "I much prefer coming to meet with you." She's silent for a heartbeat. "I wonder how we're going to do this once you're a medicine cat. Keep this up, you know."
"I think the stars will find a way," meows Groundpaw. "Warrior code or no, it's impossible for me to believe I'm going against Starclan if I feel so drawn to you." 
Firenose licks his cheek affectionately. "I couldn't see myself liking anyone else."

Dawnstream gives birth to her kit. Flywhisker stays glued to her side during the birthing process to make sure nothing goes wrong. She gives birth to Birdkit, a golden she-cat with brown speckles. The cats of the clan breathe a sigh of relief at the kit being born healthy.
"She's beautiful," comments Cypresspelt adoringly. Deerstar is very pleased with his new grandchild and licks her affectionately. Flywhisker curls himself around Dawnstream and Birdkit affectionately, taking in the moment of them all being together.
image.png.b14c63c6a687ecfd194eb593d24a2406.png

Meanwhile, Groundpaw is made into a medicine cat that same night. Nightpelt takes his apprentice to the Moonpool.
"I name you Groundstorm," Nightpelt says, naming the brown tomcat after his old mentor. "Starclan honors your bravery and your energy, and we welcome you as a medicine cat for Meadowclan."

Dragonleap also announces that she will be having another kit with Condorflight. 
image.png.3cee62a0757f8f2e1e9dd3835ddeede9.png

• Like 2
  • Eek! 2

DAY 84 - CHAPTER 11

WARRIORS:
FIRENOSE (Flaming red she-cat with brown eyes)(Mentored by: Dotflower)
GROUNDSTORM (Brown tom with long legs and piercing green eyes)(Mentored by: Nightpelt)
APPRENTICES:
LONGPAW (Muddy brown she-cat with brown eyes and a large frame)(Mentored by: Dawnstream)
KITS:
BIRDKIT: (Golden she-cat with brown speckles)

Birdkit's eyes open to be dark. She is doted on heavily by Flywhisker, Deerstar, and Cypresspelt.
"She's the most important cat in the world to me," Flywhisker meows as he nuzzles his kit close. "I'll do anything to protect her."
"Soon, we'll get to watch her be apprenticed," meows Dawnstream. "I can't wait to see what kind of warrior she turns into one day."

Longpaw grows strong enough to be a warrior. Deerstar calls a clan meeting for her.
"Longpaw, it has been determined that you have grown strong as a warrior and have learned and honored the warrior code. From this day on, you will be called Longlegs for your speed. Starclan honors your agility and your wit, and we welcome you as a full member of Meadowclan."
"Longlegs! Longlegs!" cheer the Meadowclan cats.
"Congratulations, Longlegs," meows Dawnstream the next day. She smiles at her old apprentice. "I'm sorry that I wasn't there to mentor you at the end."
"It's fine," Longlegs says, bowing her head respectfully. 

Dragonleap goes to have her kit, but it dies during the birthing process. Dawnstream comforts the she-cat.
"I know what it's like," the golden she-cat meows softly. "I'm here for you, Dragonleap."
"Thank you, Dawnstream," Dragonleap responds softly. "I'm just glad I still have Longlegs. I'm so proud of her."

Birdkit grows old enough to become an apprentice. Deerstar calls a clan meeting. 
"Birdkit, it is time you are mentored. From this day on, you will be known as Birdpaw. I have decided to make your mentor Firenose; I trust Firenose to pass down all that she knows on to you."
"Birdpaw! Birdpaw!" cheer the cats. Deerstar smiles proudly at his grandchild, and Cypresspelt cheers for her loudly.
image.png.a88b877f56262dd3704e8c32a7bf5382.png

Some moons pass, and Birdpaw continues to train with Firenose. The two develop a close friendship. Birdpaw is much better at talking to other cats, and Firenose teaches Birdpaw how to fish.

Condorflight and Dragonleap, meanwhile, try again to have another kit. Dragonleap announces that she is pregnant to Meadowclan. She gives birth to a healthy tom. The kit is a light brown color.
"I want to name him Fastkit," purrs Dragonleap. Quietly, she thanks Starclan for her healthy son. The kit bats a paw at his mother, pressing it into her side.
image.png.f1543eacb4f082edc5aadb724e37749b.png

Meanwhile, an illness hits the clan. Nightpelt and Groundstorm work their hardest to heal their clan members, but the elderly Briarclaw, Cypresspelt and Foxclaw die. The clan mourns their fallen warriors. Flywhisker takes the loss especially hard, losing both his mother and his mentor. Deerstar works to bury his clanmates alongside Nightpelt.
"Looks like it's just you and me still here from when we moved to this island," Deerstar tells the dark pelted tom. "I hope I'm leaving a good legacy, Nightpelt."
"You are," meows the medicine cat. "Look at your children. Your grandchild. They're happy, Deerstar."

Birdpaw also helps significantly with assisting in clan cat burial, and Deerstar decides to promote her into a warrior. He calls a clan meeting for her.
"Birdpaw, it is time that you are made into a warrior. With these recent deaths comes great grief, but we should still celebrate the fact that a new quick warrior is joining us. Your new name will be Birdgale. Starclan honors your intelligence and hard work, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Meadowclan."

Meadowclan holds another gathering. Deerstar informs the clan that he is pleased with the recent increase in food supply.
image.png.64b2b539096396bc062e8f156ff5929f.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

DAY 100 - CHAPTER 12

WARRIORS:
GROUNDSTORM (Brown tom with long legs and piercing green eyes)(Mentored by: Nightpelt)
LONGLEGS (Muddy brown she-cat with brown eyes and a large frame)(Mentored by: Dawnstream)
BIRDGALE (Golden she-cat with brown speckles)(Mentored by: Firenose)
KITS
FASTKIT (Tan tomcat with dark eyes and long fur)

Fastkit's eyes open and his personality emerges, and he becomes a rebellious and rather difficult kit. He often slips out of Dragonleap's sight and wanders through camp, and he has to be brought back to the nursery by his father or another warrior.
"I think he's going to need a firm cat to be his mentor," Dragonleap says to Condorflight one day. "He needs to learn his place in the clan."

Fastkit grows into apprenticing age. Deerstar calls a clan meeting for his ceremony. Fastkit pays little attention as Deerstar speaks, and Condorflight nudges him.
"Fastkit, you are to be trained to be a warrior. From this day forth, you will be known as Fastpaw. I have assigned Birdgale to be your mentor; may she pass everything she knows onto you."
image.png.ea704d9162c158e365d5d00351407efe.png

After many moons of peace, the clan is caught off guard to be approached by a wild bearyena dog. The creature stalks Nightpelt, and the old dark-furred tom yowls for help when he sees it. Longlegs is the first to hear him and leaps into action to fight the creature. Dragonleap, Flywhisker, and Dotflower follow. They quickly and efficiently take the bearyena down.
"That's how you fight in battle," Birdgale explains to Fastpaw. "See how Dotflower dodged the creature and then went for his neck?" 
"I don't think I could fight something like that by myself. I'd probably run." Fastpaw shrugs.
"That's why we fight as a unit," Birdgale explains. "Your responsibility is to protect your clan, even at the cost of your life."

One day, Firenose approaches Groundstorm.
"I need to speak with you, Groundstorm." there is desperation in the flame-colored she-cat's voice, and the tom knows deep in his bones that something is wrong.
"What's wrong?" he asks. Firenose gestures to him with her tail, and the two walk into the meadow away from camp.  Her voice is shaky and tense, and it takes her a moment to let out what she has to say.
"I'm expecting a kit, Groundstorm."
Groundstorm feels his chest tighten with anxiety. He nods slowly. "I see."
"I don't know what I'm going to do," continues Firenose. "I don't know the first thing about kits, really. And you- medicine cats aren't allowed to have kits. If anyone finds out, it'll be the end to your path as a medicine cat."

Groundstorm sighs and paces back and forth in thought. "I'll find a way to help you with this kit, Firenose. I still love you."
"But I've gotten you into such a mess."
Groundstorm smiles. "I have just as much of a part of this as you. And we're going to give this kit a good life somehow, Firenose."

The clan is surprised when Firenose settles into the nursery, but no one says any judgemental words to Firenose about it. Groundstorm is determined to make sure his kit is born healthy and that Firenose is comfortable.

Dawnstream also announces that she is pregnant again. She moves into the nursery with Firenose. Firenose wishes with all of her heart that the kit will look nothing like Groundstorm.

Firenose has her kit, but it dies. Luckily, the kit looks nothing like Groundstorm
"I'm sorry, Firenose," Dawnstream meows gently. 
"It's fine," Firenose says bitterly.

Groundstorm is more upset about the loss than Firenose is. Though he knew he wouldn't be able to care for the kit like a regular warrior father would, he still wanted a kit with Firenose.
"That's what we get from Starclan for breaking warrior code," hisses Firenose to the tom. 
"I told you before and I will tell you again. If this wasn't meant to be, I wouldn't feel the way that I do about you. I refuse to believe Starclan is punishing me for loving you." The brown tom flattens his ears. "I'm still yours, Firenose."

Meanwhile, Dawnstream has another healthy kit. He is a golden-colored tom with dark brown mane.
"I will call him Cheetahkit," meows Dawnstream.
Fastpaw takes interest in the kit, happy to see a younger cat closer to his age. 
"I wonder if I can mentor your brother one day," says Fastpaw to Birdgale.
Birdgale shrugs. "They'll probably let one of your parents mentor him. About time Deerstar lets one of them mentor an apprentice, anyway."
image.png.5c0f9d828336ddc6ed3553cf65a8fd1a.png
Nightpelt dies of old age, and the cats of Meadowclan mourn the old tom. A vigil is held for him. Deerstar and Groundstorm go to bury the medicine cat after his vigil, and Birdgale takes Fastpaw with her to join them in the burial.
"Why do we have to bury an old cat?" Fastpaw flattens his ears, dismayed.
"If you're respectful, you just might earn your warrior name helping out in a burial," hisses Birdgale. "Keep your mouth shut, Fastpaw."

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

DAY 113 - CHAPTER 13

MEDICINE CAT:  GROUNDSTORM (Brown tom with long legs and piercing green eyes)(Mentored by: Nightpelt)
WARRIORS:
LONGLEGS (Muddy brown she-cat with brown eyes and a large frame)(Mentored by: Dawnstream)
APPRENTICES
FASTPAW (Tan tomcat with dark eyes and long fur)
KITS
CHEETAHKIT (Golden tomcat with brown eyes and dark brown mane)

Deerstar is visited by Nightpelt in his dreams.
"Hello, old friend," meows the yellow-eyed tom.
"Nightpelt!" Deerstar exclaims. "You look so young again. You are missed terribly."
Nightpelt smiles. "Changes are happening in Meadowclan, Deerstar. It's time for you to move on to a new place."
"I'm fine to move on to Starclan," says Deerstar. "I've served my clan. I'm ready to go."
"No," NIghtpelt laughs. "Not you, Deerstar. The whole clan must move to a new territory."
"What? But why?" Deerstar questions. "Meadowclan has lived in the meadow territory for many seasons- nearly a decade, Nightpelt. Why would we do this?"
"Ready the clan," asserts Nightpelt. "In a year's time, the clan should make their way to a new land."
Nightpelt fades, and Deerstar wakes up in the leader's den.
"One year..." the old spotted tom mumbles to himself. He peeks his head out of the den and looks into the early morning mist of Newleaf. The camp is near empty, with only a few cats having woken up yet. Does he have to give up his home? He decides not to tell the clan yet- one year is far away- and instead instructs them to gather more food.

Fastpaw trains for long enough that it is deemed that he is fit to be a warrior. Deerstar calls a clan meeting for him. He wonders if this is the last ceremony he will perform on this territory, but tries to ignore the feeling and clears his throat.
"From this day on, Fastpaw, you will be known as Fastfang. Starclan honors your speed and outspokenness, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Meadowclan."
"Fastfang! Fastfang!" cheer the warriors.
image.png.4634b8af0f3708d20389e9f5852a2200.png

Fastfang begins to be attracted to Dotflower. He admires her impressive strength and hunting skill. 
"Is your sister looking for a mate?" he asks Flywhisker. Flywhisker shrugs.
"I'd ask her if I were you," says the tom.

Meanwhile, Cheetahkit grows old enough to become an apprentice. Deerstar calls a clan meeting for him.
"Cheetahkit, it is time for you to be apprenticed," declares Deerstar. "From this day onward, you will be known as Cheetahpaw. I have assigned your mentor to be Dragonleap; may she teach you everything that she knows."
Dragonleap lifts her head proudly, glad to finally have the opportunity to mentor an apprentice.
image.png.355aa6a30d0309ff5e8fc125e90294b0.png

Meanwhile, Fastfang is disappointed because he wanted to mentor Cheetahpaw. He approaches Deerstar later to complain.
"Deerstar, I'm a young warrior." the tan tom flattens his ears. "I think that I should have the opportunity to mentor an apprentice. I can't learn how to mentor if I never get the opportunity."
"Fastfang, Dragonleap has been waiting to mentor an apprentice for a long time," says Deerstar. "I've finally found one that she's compatible with and not kin to that she can mentor. Your time will come."
Fastfang leaves the leader's den, frustrated. Deerstar sighs.

Fastfang later asks Dotflower to be his mate. He brings her a piece of fresh-kill.
"This is for you, Dotflower," says the tom. "I think you're a beautiful she-cat, and I would like to be mates with you."
Dotflower smiles and bows her head. "I accept, Fastfang. Thank you."

Deerstar realizes it's been nearly a year since Nightpelt came to him, announcing that it was time for the clans to move. He realizes that he can hold it in from his clan no longer, and he announces the move at the gathering.
"Moons ago, I received word from Starclan to prepare for a move," says Deerstar. "this is why I have been encouraging the increased hunting of food lately. We need to decide where we are going, and then move swiftly."
Some of the younger warriors mumble amongst themselves in disapproval, worrying if their skills will help them survive in the new land.
"I believe in our capability to thrive in a new land," says Deerstar, looking at the warriors. "We need to team up and work together to decide the direction we take, however."
After some discussion, the clan decides to head north. 
image.png.7ac598b0dec57acfe741b3fa42fe3e4c.png

• Like 3
  • Eek! 1

DAY 126 - CHAPTER 14

MEDICINE CAT:  GROUNDSTORM (Brown tom with long legs and piercing green eyes)(Mentored by: Nightpelt)
WARRIORS:
FASTFANG (Tan tomcat with dark eyes and long fur)(Mentored by: Birdgale)
APPRENTICES
CHEETAHPAW (Golden tomcat with brown eyes and dark brown mane)

Flywhisker approaches his father Deerstar reluctantly one day.
"Deerstar... we need to talk." His ears are flat, and his head is low.
"Of course, Flywhisker," says Deerstar."
"Condorflight, Dawnstream, Dragonleap.... we're not going to the new territory."
"What?" Deerstar asks. "Why? You're my deputy, Flywhisker."
"We're older, Deerstar. You have nine lives. But the four of us have few moons left." The tom hangs his head low. "I'm sorry, but Dawnstream isn't comfortable leaving the land she was born on. And I would like to stay with her."
Deerstar flattens his ears; he feels as if he is losing all of his oldest clan members he has left.
"But Dragonleap," continues the tom. "She's mentoring Cheetahpaw."
"Assign him to Fastfang," responds Flywhisker. "He was upset about not being given him as an apprentice, remember?"

Deerstar finally sighs, giving up. "I am disappointed, but I understand, Flywhisker. May your last moons with your friends be prosperous ones." He turns to the rest of the camp, where the other cats are. "Fastfang! Cheetahkit!" 
Fastfang trots over, and the golden young tom follows.
"The two of you are going to be apprentice and mentor from now on. Dragonleap is not accompanying us when we leave the territory.
Fastfang raises his head proudly. "Thank you, Deerstar." 

"Since we are leaving the territory without our current deputy, I am here to assign a new deputy," declares Deerstar. "I have chosen my deputy to be Birdgale. I make this choice before my ancestors and before Flywhisker so they may hear and approve of my choice."
The cats chatter amongst themselves about the new choice, and Birdgale puffs up her chest proudly. Groundstorm is shocked that D would choose a younger warrior such as Birdgale, but he hopes her time as a warrior has made her more mature and ready to be a deputy.

Meadowclan arrives on a diverse and strange new territory.
image.png.f0f97215776849deb3b2b6f379052557.png

Fastfang helps Cheetahpaw complete his warrior training, and Deerstar calls a clan meeting to make him a warrior.
"Cheetahpaw, you have trained in a hard time to be an apprentice. You had to switch mentors and learn how to be a warrior in a completely new territory, and I respect that. From this day on, you will be known as Cheetahtail. Starclan honors your agility and your determination, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Meadowclan."
"Cheetahtail! Cheetahtail!" cheer the warriors.

Birdgale approaches Cheetahtail the next day, smiling at her younger brother.
"I'm proud of you for becoming a warrior," says the she-cat. "I know it's likely hard without Mom and Dad here to watch you become one."
Cheetahtail nods. "It's rough, but at least I have you to look up to."

Fastfang proudly announces to the clan that he is going to be a father, and that Dotflower's kit with him will be the first cat born on the new territory. 

Two seasons after their settlement in the new territory, wild dog (just calling Bearyenas this now for brevity) attacks the clan. It strikes while Fastfang and Cheetahtail are out on patrol.
"Go back to camp and get help!" Barks fastfang to Cheetahtail sharply, and Cheetahtail runs with all his might to get assistance from his clanmates. Deerstar and Longlegs arrive on the scene and assist Fastfang in battle.

Deerstar claws at the bearyena, but it knocks him against a rock and takes away his final life. Enraged, Longlegs takes down the bearyena. But Deerstar cannot be saved, and the clan mourns him. Birdgale and Dotflower mourn him especially, and Birdgale accompanies Firenose and Groundstorm to bury him after his vigil.

It is then time for Birdgale to be taken to the Moonpool and be given her nine lives. Groundstorm takes her to the Moonpool, and there is a tense silence between the two of them as they walk.
Birdgale finally speaks up. "Groundstorm, I appreciate you taking me to the Moonpool."
Groundstorm raises a confused brow. "I mean, it is a medicine cat's duty."
"But still. It's nice to have someone here. I...." she hesitates. "All of my confidence and ego was from the view my family had of me. Deerstar. Flywhisker. Dawnstream. Even Cypresspelt when I was young. and now that they're gone, I feel lost. All I've got is Cheetahtail, and I have to watch him since he's my younger brother."
Groundstorm sees a softer side of Birdgale that he hasn't seen before. Perhaps the losses of her clanmates has changed and humbled her. "I understand, Birdgale. Deerstar was my father. Losing him has been.. rough, to say the least. But I'm here for you."

The two arrive at the Moonpool, and Birdgale lays down to be visited by Starclan in her dreams. She awakens in a beautiful starlit field. 
She is given lives first by a cats she does not recognize, but has heard of- Hemlockstorm and Cardinalfur. The next lives she receives are those from Deerstar, Briarclaw, Nightpelt, Foxclaw, and Cardinalfur. Finally, two familiar cats step forward last- Flywhisker and Dawnstream. The two smile at her, and she feels herself overcome with emotion to see them again.
After receiving her lives, Deerstar speaks once more.
"I hail you by your new name, Birdstar. Your old life is no more. You have now received the nine lives of a leader, and Starclan grants you the leadership of Meadowclan. Defend it well; care for young and old; honor your ancestors and the traditions of the warrior code; live each life with pride and dignity."
The cats of Starclan cheer all around Birdstar. "Birdstar! Birdstar! Birdstar!"
Birdstar awakens with a shock at the Moonpool, and she and Groundstorm go home.

Groundstorm goes to sleep that night, and he is approached by Nightpelt in his dreams.
"Hello, Groundstorm," purrs the old tom.
"Nightpelt, it's you!" exclaims Groundstorm. 
Nightpelt bows his head in greeting. "I have word for you, Groundstorm. Look for the kit coming from Dotflower. She holds promise as a medicine cat."

And indeed, as Groundstorm walks into the nursery next morning, Dotflower is lying peacefully with her new kit- a small female with a tan pelt like her father's. 
"I've decided to call her Thistlekit," meows Dotflower.
image.png.7683948946da065de74fd2608cd9a671.png

Meanwhile, Firenose approaches Groundstorm.
"Groundstorm, I.. I'm expecting kits again."
"Again?" Groundstorm is shocked, but can't help but feel himself get a bit happy. He regretted the loss of he and Firenose's first kit, and deems this an opportunity. "I'm... honestly kind of happy, Firenose."
"I don't want to lose a kit again. I'm scared," confesses Firenose.
"You're not going to lose another kit," purrs Groundstorm comfortingly. "I'm going to help take care of you the whole time, Firenose."

• Like 4
  • Eek! 1

15 minutes ago, medicine cat said:

DAY 126 - CHAPTER 14

WARRIORS:
APPRENTICES
CHEETAHPAW (Golden tomcat with brown eyes and dark brown mane)

Flywhisker approaches his father Deerstar reluctantly one day.
"Deerstar... we need to talk." His ears are flat, and his head is low.
"Of course, Flywhisker," says Deerstar."
"Condorflight, Dawnstream, Dragonleap.... we're not going to the new territory."
"What?" Deerstar asks. "Why? You're my deputy, Flywhisker."
"We're older, Deerstar. You have nine lives. But the four of us have few moons left." The tom hangs his head low. "I'm sorry, but Dawnstream isn't comfortable leaving the land she was born on. And I would like to stay with her."
Deerstar flattens his ears; he feels as if he is losing all of his oldest clan members he has left.
"But Dragonleap," continues the tom. "She's mentoring Cheetahpaw."
"Assign him to Fastfang," responds Flywhisker. "He was upset about not being given him as an apprentice, remember?"

Deerstar finally sighs, giving up. "I am disappointed, but I understand, Flywhisker. May your last moons with your friends be prosperous ones." He turns to the rest of the camp, where the other cats are. "Fastfang! Cheetahkit!" 
Fastfang trots over, and the golden young tom follows.
"The two of you are going to be apprentice and mentor from now on. Dragonleap is not accompanying us when we leave the territory.
Fastfang raises his head proudly. "Thank you, Deerstar." 

"Since we are leaving the territory without our current deputy, I am here to assign a new deputy," declares Deerstar. "I have chosen my deputy to be Birdgale. I make this choice before my ancestors and before Flywhisker so they may hear and approve of my choice."
The cats chatter amongst themselves about the new choice, and Birdgale puffs up her chest proudly. Groundstorm is shocked that D would choose a younger warrior such as Birdgale, but he hopes her time as a warrior has made her more mature and ready to be a deputy.

Meadowclan arrives on a diverse and strange new territory.
image.png.f0f97215776849deb3b2b6f379052557.png

Fastfang helps Cheetahpaw complete his warrior training, and Deerstar calls a clan meeting to make him a warrior.
"Cheetahpaw, you have trained in a hard time to be an apprentice. You had to switch mentors and learn how to be a warrior in a completely new territory, and I respect that. From this day on, you will be known as Cheetahtail. Starclan honors your agility and your determination, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Meadowclan."
"Cheetahtail! Cheetahtail!" cheer the warriors.

Birdgale approaches Cheetahtail the next day, smiling at her younger brother.
"I'm proud of you for becoming a warrior," says the she-cat. "I know it's likely hard without Mom and Dad here to watch you become one."
Cheetahtail nods. "It's rough, but at least I have you to look up to."

Fastfang proudly announces to the clan that he is going to be a father, and that Dotflower's kit with him will be the first cat born on the new territory. 

Two seasons after their settlement in the new territory, wild dog (just calling Bearyenas this now for brevity) attacks the clan. It strikes while Fastfang and Cheetahtail are out on patrol.
"Go back to camp and get help!" Barks fastfang to Cheetahtail sharply, and Cheetahtail runs with all his might to get assistance from his clanmates. Deerstar and Longlegs arrive on the scene and assist Fastfang in battle.

Deerstar claws at the bearyena, but it knocks him against a rock and takes away his final life. Enraged, Longlegs takes down the bearyena. But Deerstar cannot be saved, and the clan mourns him. Birdgale and Dotflower mourn him especially, and Birdgale accompanies Firenose and Groundstorm to bury him after his vigil.

It is then time for Birdgale to be taken to the Moonpool and be given her nine lives. Groundstorm takes her to the Moonpool, and there is a tense silence between the two of them as they walk.
Birdgale finally speaks up. "Groundstorm, I appreciate you taking me to the Moonpool."
Groundstorm raises a confused brow. "I mean, it is a medicine cat's duty."
"But still. It's nice to have someone here. I...." she hesitates. "All of my confidence and ego was from the view my family had of me. Deerstar. Flywhisker. Dawnstream. Even Cypresspelt when I was young. and now that they're gone, I feel lost. All I've got is Cheetahtail, and I have to watch him since he's my younger brother."
Groundstorm sees a softer side of Birdgale that he hasn't seen before. Perhaps the losses of her clanmates has changed and humbled her. "I understand, Birdgale. Deerstar was my father. Losing him has been.. rough, to say the least. But I'm here for you."

The two arrive at the Moonpool, and Birdgale lays down to be visited by Starclan in her dreams. She awakens in a beautiful starlit field. 
She is given lives first by a cats she does not recognize, but has heard of- Hemlockstorm and Cardinalfur. The next lives she receives are those from Deerstar, Briarclaw, Nightpelt, Foxclaw, and Cardinalfur. Finally, two familiar cats step forward last- Flywhisker and Dawnstream. The two smile at her, and she feels herself overcome with emotion to see them again.
After receiving her lives, Deerstar speaks once more.
"I hail you by your new name, Birdstar. Your old life is no more. You have now received the nine lives of a leader, and Starclan grants you the leadership of Meadowclan. Defend it well; care for young and old; honor your ancestors and the traditions of the warrior code; live each life with pride and dignity."
The cats of Starclan cheer all around Birdstar. "Birdstar! Birdstar! Birdstar!"
Birdstar awakens with a shock at the Moonpool, and she and Groundstorm go home.

Groundstorm goes to sleep that night, and he is approached by Nightpelt in his dreams.
"Hello, Groundstorm," purrs the old tom.
"Nightpelt, it's you!" exclaims Groundstorm. 
Nightpelt bows his head in greeting. "I have word for you, Groundstorm. Look for the kit coming from Dotflower. She holds promise as a medicine cat."

And indeed, as Groundstorm walks into the nursery next morning, Dotflower is lying peacefully with her new kit- a small female with a tan pelt like her father's. 
"I've decided to call her Thistlekit," meows Dotflower.
image.png.7683948946da065de74fd2608cd9a671.png

Meanwhile, Firenose approaches Groundstorm.
"Groundstorm, I.. I'm expecting kits again."
"Again?" Groundstorm is shocked, but can't help but feel himself get a bit happy. He regretted the loss of he and Firenose's first kit, and deems this an opportunity. "I'm... honestly kind of happy, Firenose."
"I don't want to lose a kit again. I'm scared," confesses Firenose.
"You're not going to lose another kit," purrs Groundstorm comfortingly. "I'm going to help take care of you the whole time, Firenose."

Did you put bearyena claw in Thistlekit's parents' mutation menus or is she not Fastfang's?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Apricot said:

Did you put bearyena claw in Thistlekit's parents' mutation menus or is she not Fastfang's?

Bearyena claw is in Fastfang's mutation menus!! :D Though the alternative would have been an interesting plotline... 🤔

• Paw up 1

DAY 136 - CHAPTER 15

LEADER: BIRDSTAR (Golden she-cat with brown speckles)(Mentored by: Firenose)
DEPUTY: FIRENOSE (Flaming red she-cat with brown eyes)(Mentored by: Dotflower)
WARRIORS:
CHEETAHTAIL (Golden tomcat with brown eyes and dark brown mane)
KITS
THISTLEKIT (Tan she-cat with dark eyes and sharp claws)

Birdstar has to select her deputy, so she leaps upon the highrock and calls to her warriors.
"I have selected my deputy to be Firenose," asserts the spotted she-cat. "I say this before my warrior ancestors so that they may hear and approve of my choice."
"But she's going to be having a kit," says Dotflower. "Should she be deputy while expecting kits?"
"I'm confident in Firenose's ability," asserts Birdstar, glaring at Dotflower. The rest of the cats approve of the placement, and congratulate Firenose.
Firenose graciously accepts the deputy position, but can't help but feel sick to her stomach at being placed as deputy. She places a paw on her belly. Would her clanmates still be supportive of her being clan deputy if they knew that she was having a kit with the clan's medicine cat?

Meanwhile, Thistlekit begins to show interest in becoming a medicine cat. She follows Groundstorm curiously, often toddling into the medicine cat's den behind him. Dotflower comes to get her.
"I apologize for her interrupting you," she tells Groundstorm. The brown medicine cat smiles.
"Don't worry, Dotflower. I think she'd make a fine medicine cat one day." He smiles.

Firenose gives birth to her kit the next moon- the kit is born sickly, and she and Groundstorm fear that they will lose the kit like they lost their first kit. Groundstorm tirelessly works to keep the kit alive and stands beside Firenose the whole night to make sure that she stays healthy, too. Finally, after hours of watching, the two cats feel as if the kit is safe.
Dotflower watches her brother work from the other end of the nursery. "You're a really hardworking medicine cat, Groundstorm." she smiles.
"Haha... thanks," Groundstorm says nervously. "I just... I really care about my job."
"I want to be like you one day!" says Thistlekit.
Finally, the cats in the nursery get to take a look at the newborn kit, now resting peacefully. Firenose licks the kit affectionately, and Groundstorm wishes he could curl up beside her and celebrate the kit's birth as its father.
The newborn kit is a beautiful golden color, with barely visible cream patches. "I want to name her Marigoldkit," meows Firenose. She thanks the stars that the kit is not recognizable as Groundstorm's.
image.png.8d1572ce3ccf5804b5f4b259638d470d.png

Thistlekit grows old enough to become an apprentice. Groundstorm talks to Birdstar about making her a medicine cat apprentice.
"We always need more medicine cats," meows the spotted she-cat. "I'll hold a clan meeting for her." She leaps upon the stump that night.
"Thistlekit, it's about time that you are apprenticed," meows the leader. "I understand that you wish to be a medicine cat?"
Thistlekit nods shyly.
"Then from this day on, you will be known as Thistlepaw. I assign your mentor to be Groundstorm. May he teach you all that he knows."
"Thistlepaw! Thistlepaw!" cheer the cats.

Groundstorm approaches Thistlepaw the next night. "Are you ready to be named a real, live medicine cat apprentice?" he asks.
Thistlepaw nods. "But I thought I already did with Birdstar."
"There's a medicine cat apprentice initiation, too," meows Groundstorm. "Come on, I'll show you."
The two trail off into the night together, and Groundstorm takes her to a gleaming pond of water.
"This looks like the place Starclan will want for the new territory's Moonpool," he meows. He sits down at the edge of the water, his back turned to Thistlepaw.
"Thistlepaw, is it your wish to enter the mysteries of Starclan as a medicine cat?"
Thistlepaw feels her heartbeat quicken. She felt nervous when Birdstar named her an apprentice, but this felt different- even more important, somehow. Her voice quivers. "It is."
"Then come forward." Groundstorm motions Thistlepaw forward with his tail, and she steps forward, the edges of her paws getting damp in the pond.
"Warriors of Starclan, I present you with this apprentice. She has chosen the path of a medicine cat. Grant her your wisdom so that she may understand your ways and heal Meadowclan in accordance with your will." He smiles at his apprentice, and Thistlepaw smiles back at him. He sees Dotflower, his sister, in Thistlepaw.
image.png.67f9b21620006d5b277032cefef90eec.png
Marigoldkit also grows old enough to become an apprentice a few moons later. Birdstar calls a clan meeting for her.
"Marigoldkit, it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, you will be known as Marigoldpaw. Your mentor will be Cheetahtail; may he pass down everything he knows onto you."
image.png.f683ff8b4f61df12d28686362a7fc5a5.png
Marigoldpaw becomes friends with Thistlepaw.
"What makes you want to be a medicine cat?" Marigoldpaw asks. "You've got really sharp claws; I think that you'd be a great warrior."
Thistlepaw shrugs. "I just feel drawn to being a medicine cat, you know? I don't have the heart for battle, Marigoldpaw. I want to help sick cats get better. Plus, Groundstorm is a really good mentor."
"I like Groundstorm too," meows Marigoldpaw. "He's always been really nice to me."

"Do you think that we should tell her?" Groundstorm asks Firenose one day regarding Marigoldpaw. "I feel like she has the right to know who I am, Firenose." 
"No," asserts Firenose. "She's happy, Groundstorm. I don't want her to have to carry a secret like that on her heart."
"But she has to at least wonder." The tom flattens his ears. 
"If she was curious, it'd be a different story. She's never asked, Groundstorm. Leave it be." The she-cat flattens her ears.
Groundstorm sighs. "Whatever makes you happy, Firenose. But you can't keep me from loving my daughter."

• Like 4

DAY 141 - CHAPTER 16

WARRIORS:
CHEETAHTAIL (Golden tomcat with brown eyes and dark brown mane)
APPRENTICES
THISTLEPAW (Tan she-cat with dark eyes and sharp claws)
MARIGOLDPAW (Golden she-cat with cream patches and dark eyes)

In the early days of Newleaf, a wild dog attacks Meadowclan Thistlepaw and Marigoldpaw freeze, having never seen such a horrifying creature before.
"Marigoldpaw! Come on! We have to protect the clan!" yells Cheetahtail. He nudges his apprentice and dashes towards the dog. Marigoldpaw takes one last look at Thistlepaw, worried if she'll get to look at her friend again, before dashing off behind her mentor towards the threat.
Dotflower, Fastfang, and Longlegs are already fighting the wild dog. Marigoldpaw slashes the dog's back, clinigng onto it for dear life as the dog throws its head back and attempts to snap its jaws at her. But Dotflower goes for its neck while its head is turned and the wild dog is defeated.
"Well done, Marigoldpaw," meows Cheetahtail.
"That was amazing," Thistlepaw says quietly, padding up to Marigoldpaw. "You're going to be a great warrior, Marigoldpaw."

Longlegs brings a flower to Cheetahtail one day.
"Cheetahtail, I think you're very handsome and an honorable warrior," says the she-cat. "I'd really like to be your mate."
Longlegs smiles. "Of course, Cheetahtail. I'll become mates with you."

Thistlepaw also grows into an intelligent and kind medicine cat apprentice. Groundstorm determines that she is fit to be given her medicine cat name. Groundstorm takes her back to the Moonpool.
"From this day on, I name you Thistlefern. Starclan honors your patience and your gentleness, and you are welcomed as a full medicine cat of Meadowclan."
image.png.c70006153e9358920cb94dfe464f63d6.png
"You're going to be a spectacular medicine cat," purrs Marigoldpaw to her friend. "I'm really happy for you, Thistlefern."

Meanwhile, the clan holds another gathering. Birdstar sits upon a high rock and addresses her clan.
"Meadowclan is successful and food is plentiful," Birdstar begins. "But I think that we need more warriors. I think the arrival of more kits would do Meadowclan good."
"Do you think you'll find a mate when you're a warrior? And have kits?" Thistlefern asks Marigoldpaw curiously, and Marigoldpaw shakes her head. "Not my kind of thing."
image.png.ca5102403b94988b74cff9a9bf929f32.png

Another wild dog attacks the clan, and the warriors spring into action. Longlegs, Dotflower, Fastfang, and Marigoldpaw attack it, and it slashes Longleg's flank, but the warriors still take it down. Thistlefern cares for her wounds.
"You'll be fine, but you will still have a scar, where you were struck," says the medicine cat. "You'll have to relax for a few days."

Firenose becomes pregnant once more with Groundstorm. Birdstar is happy with this development, not knowing who the father of Firenose's kit is.
"We need new warriors," meows Birdstar. "I'm glad that you're mothering new warriors for the sake of Meadowclan, Firenose."
Firenose smiles nervously. "Thank you, Birdstar."

Marigoldpaw is determined fit to be a warrior after fighting off the bearyena. 
"You have fought well in multiple battles to protect your clan," says Birdstar. "From this day on you will be known as Marigoldnose. Starclan honors your bravery and your fighting skill, and we welcome you as a full member of Meadowclan."
"Marigoldnose! Marigoldnose!" cheer the warriors.
image.png.829d3bd17519ced1e022a2c724627f4b.png

• Like 3
  • Eek! 1

DAY 154 - CHAPTER 17

THISTLEFERN (Tan she-cat with dark eyes and sharp claws)(Mentored by: Groundstorm)
WARRIORS:
CHEETAHTAIL (Golden tomcat with brown eyes and dark brown mane)(Mentored by: Dragonleap)
MARIGOLDNOSE (Golden she-cat with cream patches and dark eyes)(Mentored by: Cheetahtail)

Firenose gives birth to her second kit with Groundstorm- this kit is a tiny cream tom, with bristly fur like Groundstorm's.
"What'll you name him?" Groundstorm asks the ginger she-cat. The two of them are alone in the nursery.
"You name him," Firenose says gently to her mate. "While we're alone. I got to name Marigoldnose."
Groundstorm smiles. "How about Leafkit?" 
"That's perfect," responds Firenose.
image.png.48b8b085eac0329e5caac595de36b311.png

Groundstorm is sleeping that night when he sees Deerstar in his dreams. He pads towards the tom happily.
"Father! It's good to see you," says the tom.
But Deerstar doesn't speak, and his eyes are sad. A roaring, rushing sound rumbles from behind him. Groundstorm feels a shudder ripple down his back. 
A roaring, violent torrent of water comes from behind Deerstar. The water sweeps up Groundstorm and knocks him off his feet, and he grits his teeth in the freezing water. He opens his eyes and can see nothing in the dark water but Deerstar's glowing green eyes.
"A flood is coming, Groundstorm. To wash away secrets." The water's roars soon overcome Deerstar's voice, and Groundstorm feels like he is about to lose his breath.
Groundstorm wakes in terror in his nest. His jump awake startles Thistlefern.
"What's wrong?" Thistlefern asks. "You look like you've seen a dark forest cat."
"No. Worse." Groundstorm's ears are flat. "A flood is coming."
"A flood?" Thistlefern is taken aback. "We'll have to tell Birdstar so we can prepare."
Groundstorm sighs. "I'll handle it. Watch over the nursery and make sure Firenose and Leafkit don't need anything."
"Understood," says Thistlefern, padding over to the nursery.
Groundstorm sighs. A flood to wash away secrets? What kind of secrets?

He approaches Birdstar in her den, pacing back and forth. "Birdstar, I have been warned of a flood to hit the clan."
"A flood?" the speckled she-cat tilts her head curiously. "For what reason?"
Groundstorm explains to Birdstar what he saw.
"Well, there's nothing I can do about a flood. I don't know what Starclan expects us to do besides sit here and dread it. Until they give me reasons for this flood besides using secrets as an excuse, I'm not doing anything."
"But warriors could die!" Groundstorm asserts. "What on earth are you thinking?"
"Starclan is not going to intimidate me because of some 'secrets' I know nothing about," hisses Birdstar. "We are not moving territories. We only arrived here two years ago. I see no need to make my warriors panic for heavy rain. We will be fine."
"You're a fool," hisses Groundstorm. 
"And you should demand answers from Starclan," retorts Birdstar. Groundstorm flattens his ears- Birdstar still had her ego after many moons as leader.

A bearyena attacks Meadowclan, but is efficiently taken down by Marigoldnose, Longlegs, Dotflower, and Fastfang. Groundstorm watches his warrior daughter proudly. He feels a pang of anxiety as he watches her, hoping whatever happens in the flood doesn't hurt her. He curses Birdstar under his breath for not heeding Starclan's warnings.

Leafkit grows old enough to become an apprentice- he is now a handsome young tom, with bright orange eyes that no cat in the clan has ever seen anything like before.
Birdstar calls a clan meeting for the young tom. "Leafkit, it is time for you to be apprenticed," says the spotted she-cat. "From now on, you will be known as Leafpaw. I have assigned your mentor to be Longlegs; may she teach you everything that she knows."
Longlegs smiles, approaching Leafpaw. "Hello Leafpaw. You're going to become a great warrior, I just know it."
image.png.02e88746e6b3bf08c5cf5b5d5450ed61.png

The dreaded flood hits Meadowclan, raining down upon the cats one evening. 
"Find high ground!" Yells Longlegs, guiding the other warriors.
Birdstar feels regret wash over her as the water rises in camp, and she knows she should have heeded Groundstorm's warnings.
"Help!" she hears a raspy, terrified voice. Looking down into the stream by the flooding camp, she sees a drowning Leafpaw.
"Leafpaw!" yells Marigoldnose, horrified. 
Without thinking, Birdstar dives into the water where Leafpaw is stuck, clinging onto a floating branch for dear life. Birdstar grabs Leafpaw by the scruff of his neck, carrying his apprentice through the cold torrent. She places him on a high rock where the rest of the clan is sitting safely and takes a breath.
"Birdstar, watch out" yells Firenose. Birdstar looks to her side to see a wave rushing towards her. She cannot climb out of the water in time and is sent propelling through the water, slamming her head against large, sharp branches stuck midstream.
"Birdstar!" yells Cheetahtail. Cheetahtail runs downstream to rescue her, managing to drag her out of the water before she is carried away in the current. 

Birdstar is still for a moment- dead. Groundstorm looks at the she-cat in horror. He was frustrated with her ego, but he never wanted something like this to happen to her. To his relief, Birdstar begins moving once more- coughing and writhing before slowly rising to her feet. Groundstorm remembers that Starclan has given her nine lives, and he thanks them under his breath. But when Birdstar turns around, he feels his stomach twist once more- when she struck the branches in the water, they had blinded her. 
"Birdstar-"
"I'm just grateful to be alive," hisses the leader, cutting off the medicine cat. "I know, Groundstorm. I've learned my lesson."
"That's not what I was going to say," says the tom. "I-"
"Wait, where's Dotflower?" Thistlefern asks in a panic. 

Dotflower is lost in the flood, and Birdstar remains blinded.
"I'm not going to give up my position as leader," says the leader after the flood. "We're going to hold a vigil for Dotflower, and we're rebuilding our camp."

Leafkit, Longlegs, and Fastfang work together to bury Dotflower after the vigil. Groundstorm looks across the clearing and watches Firenose comfort Leafpaw. He then remembers the prophecy that Deerstar gave him before the flood began- "A flood is coming to wash away secrets."
Groundstorm remembers the secrets that he's been keeping about his kits for far too long. It's time to come clean about his mate.
But then Groundstorm realizes that if he told the clan that he and Firenose were mates, that it would get her in trouble and possibly remove her from her deputy position. He knows that he doesn't want to get her in trouble too, so he does the only thing that he can think to do. He meets Firenose in the night.

"Firenose, we can't be mates anymore," says the tom reluctantly.
"What? Why?" the orange she-cat asks. 
"It's... It's not honest. You're deputy. I'm medicine cat."
"You're doing this after we've had three kits together? After I've raised two of your kits?" she asks.
"They don't even know they're my kits!" retorts Groundstorm. "You wouldn't let me tell them." Firenose flattens her ears and turns her back on the tom. "Please, Firenose. I don't want to do this. I'm only doing it because I feel like I'm following what Starclan wants."
Firenose sighs. "Whatever makes you happy, Groundstorm." She pads off into the night.
Groundstorm wants to tell her what the prophecy before the flood was so she would understand, but he doesn't want her to feel responsible for what happened to Birdstar and Dotflower. He hangs his head and feels resentment within him rising towards Starclan. 

But not all in the clan is grief. Marigoldnose approaches Thistlefern a few evenings after the flood. 
"I'm really glad you're okay, Thistlefern," says Marigoldnose. "I was so scared during the flood that something might happen to you."
Thistlefern smiles. "You don't have to worry about me, Marigoldnose. I'm tough."
"Tough or not, I want to be around to protect you," says the golden warrior. She rests her head on Thistlefern. "Thistlefern, I know this kind of thing is frowned upon with medicine cats, but..." she flattens her ears. "If you ever did want a mate, I would be happy to take on the job."
The tan she-cat smiles at Marigoldnose. "I never thought you'd finally say it, Marigoldnose." She intertwines her tail with Marigoldnose's. "I'm yours."
image.png.fa762e77e06ea4a3a7f911c525706cf1.png

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1