Stray Fawn Community

I'm alive! (and back)

Chiyanna

Since I've been gone so long it seemed fitting to write one of these. I also don't have a homethread (unless I made one I pretty much never used and then forgot) so this seems the best place to write this. My sudden departure from the forums was without warning and driven by multiple factors, a perfect storm you could say. 

The main factor was that my family was evicted and had to pack quite rapidly and move. This real life event took precedence over everything else. And then I haven't had the time or place to play Niche (or much else) ever since. I still could've gotten on the forums from time to time, but among other things I was always busy and didn't really have the time to devote.

And then after several months of being offline, I decided to just see what was happening. But I found I had forgotten my password. So I started to lurk on the forums, trying different passwords every now and then to see if I could get in. I read several interesting playthroughs, including @medicine cat 's Tiny Colony Cattails playthrough, but I mainly stayed in the playthroughs section not being able to interact with anyone. Just yesterday I realized I could reset my password, and when I got the email and it called me 'Beautiful Birb' I was kicking myself, because I could've gotten the password but I put the wrong username the whole time! 

So now I'm back. Won't be as active as I used to be but I'll try and be pretty active today. Forgive any slow responses cause I am on mobile data rn. I haven't even checked my 160-something notifications yet to see what I've missed but if you guys wanna fill me in on something that's alright. Also please let me know ur old user from the time I was online so I know who you are. I recognise some users but I assume other people have changed theirs! I really did miss you guys and the stories we made together on this platform, and am glad to be back.

Speaking of stories, I will try to continue my old playthroughs when I can. I have a hard time letting go of a good plot and characters I love so you can count on me doing it at some point if possible! Unfortunately I lost my flashdrive with all my saves aggregated and sorted in the move. Thankfully I had misplaced it and so had started new save folders on my computers and maybe another flashdrive, but I only have my laptop with me atm. I also had played some of the playthroughs beyond where they were updated, and had screenshots and planed story for them, but unsure which pc they were saved on and may have forgotten some story points. So I will try my best, but some of the playthroughs may not be restarted for a while, and some may not ever be.

• Eek! 11
  • Love 1

• Chiyanna changed the title to I'm alive! (and back)
17 minutes ago, takoyamaaaS said:

welcome back!! 

Thank you! Good to be back

13 minutes ago, BirbMaster said:

OMG WELCOME BACK! Thanks for sharing why you were gone, I totally understand!

Thanks for understanding, your enthusiasm means a lot to me!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, polly said:

welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, The One Who Turned Pale said:

Welcome back!!! I haven;t had much interaction w/ you but welcome back!!!

21 minutes ago, Pancake said:

Welcome back !!

Thanks for welcoming me back everyone!

5 minutes ago, birthday cake said:

an object show (basically sentient objects in a competition)

i got forced to watch it so you shall suffer the same fate

I'm using mobile data so can't watch video rn. Will later if I remember... That sounds...interesting (and cringe)

14 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

Thanks! Btw, I don't recognize your user, did u have another user before or are u new?

I joined during your hiatus. Right towards the ends of january/ start of february.

• Paw up 1