Stray Fawn Community

Multiplayer Mode

sinichka

Hi sinichka

I just quickly want to say that while this might be a cool addition in any way - we most likely won't have multiplayer in any form, at least for a very long time. So please don't expect any multiplayer functionality :) For now all our attention goes into making a good singleplayer experience ^^

But please feel free to discuss a dream multiplayer version here - we just won't promise anything or can't comment on it :) 

Cheers,

Markus

• Like 1

I just quickly want to say that while this might be a cool addition in any way - we most likely won't have multiplayer in any form, at least for a very long time.

Good to hear honestly. Focus on gameplay & story improvements, and have fun with it! This looks like a very successful launch for you guys!

Hello, I would like to see a multiplayer mode. What do you think?

I mean (theoretically of course) - what would multiplayer look like in Wandering Village? Co-op campaign, each on our own Onbus? I think that 2 people on the same Onbu would get cramped very fast. But even if we get our own Onbu.. what do we do together? Trade, I guess? 

Idk.. I find that multiplayer rarely enhances any game with a strong story, and often cheapens the experience. And Wandering Village has a very strong theme working for it.

I remember playing co-op with my brother on Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom. But it was frustrating because we never used the Pause button at the same frequency, so the game would randomly speed up to catch up. And it honestly didn't add much to the experience anyway.

• Like 1

no. There would be different Onbu on the map, players could fight and trade. If you don't want to fight, then turn on the passive mode. Also, players could exchange messages, but according to a new system that I have never met. You need to build a pigeon mail building, then meet the player and send him a message.  Later (after about 2 minutes), you can send a request for information about the players with whom he corresponded. if he agrees, then it will be possible to write to these players, and later send them requests about players. In this way we will come to realism. By sending a request, we are asking for the coordinates of other He bu. I hope you understand as I wrote with a translator.

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/23/2022 at 1:22 PM, sinichka said:

no. There would be different Onbu on the map, players could fight and trade. If you don't want to fight, then turn on the passive mode. Also, players could exchange messages, but according to a new system that I have never met. You need to build a pigeon mail building, then meet the player and send him a message.  Later (after about 2 minutes), you can send a request for information about the players with whom he corresponded. if he agrees, then it will be possible to write to these players, and later send them requests about players. In this way we will come to realism. By sending a request, we are asking for the coordinates of other He bu. I hope you understand as I wrote with a translator.

This actually sounds like a really good idea! An open world with several Onbu where you could choose to meet up with another player if you want, but otherwise would just be doing your own thing unless you happen to run into another player.