Stray Fawn Community

Warriors: Flameclan Rising

medicine cat

Yet another warriors playthrough! Introducing.. Flameclan!
Forged together after a wildfire struck their old home, the cats of Flameclan value red and orange pelts with the occasional black pelt. They are a clan of honor and vow to never strike first on cats weaker than themselves unless trespassed upon. They were brought together after a fire destroyed their old clans and came together as the survivors. Starclan resurrected Flamestar from the ashes and named her leader of the clan.
image.png.177c6bb7b5f7f4930dd54128ed19caae.png
(Left to right: Crowstorm, Skipperfang, Beestone, Flamestar, Petalblossom, and Embercoat)

Flamestar is the clever, hot-tempered leader of Flameclan. She is fiercely proud of her title as leader, and is fiercely proud of her clan becoming a group of strong warriors. She wants to protect her clan, but this often makes her harsh and strict upon her warriors to ensure that they are prepared enough to protect the territory if needed. She is closest with Crowstorm out of all of the cats in the clan. She is a tall she-cat with a busy tail and thick coat.

Crowstorm is Flamestar's deputy and trusted confidante. Crowstorm originally wanted to be a medicine cat in his youth, but found himself unable to remember herb names and found himself too queasy dealing with wounds. Crowstorm is a gentle and kind cat and is skilled with diplomacy with outsiders. He is considered the most attractive tom in Flameclan.

Skipperfang is the medicine cat of Flameclan. He is a relaxed and easygoing medicine cat, enjoying getting to know all of the members of Flameclan and becoming their friend. Flamestar considers him not serious enough. He is a slim ginger tom and is known in the clan for being considered handsome.

Embercoat is a bright red tom with flaming amber eyes. He recently became mates with Beestone, and he hopes to have kits with her soon. Embercoat is the strongest warrior in Flameclan and is famous for his sharp claws. He has a secret dislike for Crowstorm and thinks that he is too soft of a warrior to be clan deputy.

Beestone is a tabby she-cat with a tall build and copper eyes. She is a relaxed she-cat with a keen sense of smell, making her a great hunter. 

Finally, there is Petalblossom- a dark furred she-cat with a bushy tail. She has dreams of becoming a mother to kits one day- she has recently began courting with Crowstorm in hopes of becoming his mate and starting a family.

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 1

DAY 0 - CHAPTER 1

The cats of Flameclan settle upon a small island together. Skipperfang takes a deep breath and feels the wind in his fur. 
"This seems like the perfect spot. Any word from Starclan, Skipperfang?" Flamestar sits down, stretching her aching paws. Skipperfang shakes his head.
"No word, Flamestar. But I say it's perfect to set up a camp here." He flops down on his side. "I'm gonna start looking for herbs around here later."
"We ought to get some food before we settle down," says Beestone. "Would you like to come hunting with me, Embercoat?" she smiles at her mate, and the red tom trots over to her to follow.

The first few moons are slow ones, spent hunting and gathering materials to build proper dens and nests. After a few moons in the new territory, Beestone is happy to announce that she and Embercoat will be having a kit soon.
"I envy you, Beestone," purrs Petalblossom when she visits Beestone in the den one day. Petalblossom curls her fluffy tail around herself and sighs.
"Don't worry, Petalblossom," meows Beestone. "I think Crowstorm will ask you to be his mate soon enough!"
"I sure hope so." Petalblossom sighs. "I don't have the nerve to ask him myself."
"That could be a part of your problem," says Beestone with a smile. "I had to ask Embercoat to be my mate, you know."
Petalblossom shifts uncomfortably and changes the subject. "What do you think your kit will be like?"
"I hope they have Embercoat's beautiful pelt," beams Beestone. "I always loved his red fur."

Beestone has a son, and to her surprise, the kit looks nothing like her or Embercoat. He is a brown kit with golden eyes and striking silver mane and stripes. She names the kit Graykit for his markings.
Graykit is a rambunctious kit, often enjoying chasing his mother's tail. The kit takes a particular liking to Skipperfang, watching him sort herbs and enjoying listening to his stories.
image.png.2e343be3106a120b545690982fa8b329.png

The day of Graykit's birth, the clan is struck with a challenge. They are attacked by a wild dog. The combined efforts of Petalblossom, Flamestar, Crowstorm, and Embercoat manage to fight it off, but not without injuring Flamestar badly. Her right shoulder is badly broken, making her walk with a limp from this point onward. She loses a life.

Crowstorm spends more time with Flamestar in her recovery, helping her stretch and get back to health- Flamestar won't ever be able to run like she once did, but with Crowstorm's help, she is still able to fight and hunt.
"I'm so glad you're okay, Flamestar," Crowstorm says quietly. He rests his head on the she-cat's fluffy shoulder.
Flamestar smiles. "I care about you dearly, Crowstorm. I would spend my life by your side, if you'd let me."
"Do... Do you mean that?"  Crowstorm asks. Flamestar nods.
"Be my mate, Crowstorm; we can start a life together."
Crowstorm agrees, and they announce to the clan soon after that they are mates. Petalblossom is quiet and Beestone places a paw on hers. 
khTvkDbKpRQI.png.cb73c18c9bca566b76bebe38dfc19f4e.png

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1

11 hours ago, medicine cat said:

DAY 0 - CHAPTER 1

The cats of Flameclan settle upon a small island together. Skipperfang takes a deep breath and feels the wind in his fur. 
"This seems like the perfect spot. Any word from Starclan, Skipperfang?" Flamestar sits down, stretching her aching paws. Skipperfang shakes his head.
"No word, Flamestar. But I say it's perfect to set up a camp here." He flops down on his side. "I'm gonna start looking for herbs around here later."
"We ought to get some food before we settle down," says Beestone. "Would you like to come hunting with me, Embercoat?" she smiles at her mate, and the red tom trots over to her to follow.

The first few moons are slow ones, spent hunting and gathering materials to build proper dens and nests. After a few moons in the new territory, Beestone is happy to announce that she and Embercoat will be having a kit soon.
"I envy you, Beestone," purrs Petalblossom when she visits Beestone in the den one day. Petalblossom curls her fluffy tail around herself and sighs.
"Don't worry, Petalblossom," meows Beestone. "I think Crowstorm will ask you to be his mate soon enough!"
"I sure hope so." Petalblossom sighs. "I don't have the nerve to ask him myself."
"That could be a part of your problem," says Beestone with a smile. "I had to ask Embercoat to be my mate, you know."
Petalblossom shifts uncomfortably and changes the subject. "What do you think your kit will be like?"
"I hope they have Embercoat's beautiful pelt," beams Beestone. "I always loved his red fur."

Beestone has a son, and to her surprise, the kit looks nothing like her or Embercoat. He is a brown kit with golden eyes and striking silver mane and stripes. She names the kit Graykit for his markings.
Graykit is a rambunctious kit, often enjoying chasing his mother's tail. The kit takes a particular liking to Skipperfang, watching him sort herbs and enjoying listening to his stories.
image.png.2e343be3106a120b545690982fa8b329.png

The day of Graykit's birth, the clan is struck with a challenge. They are attacked by a wild dog. The combined efforts of Petalblossom, Flamestar, Crowstorm, and Embercoat manage to fight it off, but not without injuring Flamestar badly. Her right shoulder is badly broken, making her walk with a limp from this point onward. She loses a life.

Crowstorm spends more time with Flamestar in her recovery, helping her stretch and get back to health- Flamestar won't ever be able to run like she once did, but with Crowstorm's help, she is still able to fight and hunt.
"I'm so glad you're okay, Flamestar," Crowstorm says quietly. He rests his head on the she-cat's fluffy shoulder.
Flamestar smiles. "I care about you dearly, Crowstorm. I would spend my life by your side, if you'd let me."
"Do... Do you mean that?"  Crowstorm asks. Flamestar nods.
"Be my mate, Crowstorm; we can start a life together."
Crowstorm agrees, and they announce to the clan soon after that they are mates. Petalblossom is quiet and Beestone places a paw on hers. 
khTvkDbKpRQI.png.cb73c18c9bca566b76bebe38dfc19f4e.png

(Hello it is I, Mod Modiano Modiane Avokiddo. On my alt because my main doesn't let me inn)

Petalblossom, you need no man to raise a kid, just ask someone for help with the pregnancy part or adopt!

Great as always!

Lmao Graykit

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry helo I had surgery

DAY 10 - CHAPTER 2

Graykit pads up to Skipperfang one day in the medicine den.
"Graykit? You should be in the nursery." Skipperfang purrs with amusement.
"Well, I'll be an apprentice soon enough!" Graykit puffs up his chest proudly. "The nursery is for babies."
"I suppose so," says Skipperfang. "What brings you here?"
"I want to be your apprentice when I get older. Mom said to ask you." He flicks his tail curiously. "Can I?"

Skipperfang sits down beside the kit. "Well, being a medicine cat takes a lot of responsibility. And you won't be able to fight in big battles like your parents do. Is that okay?"
"We have plenty of warriors already. Being a warrior would be boring."
"Well, if Starclan wills it, I'd love to teach you to be a fine medicine cat." He is interrupted by Beestone appearing in the medicine den. 

"Is he bothering you, Skipperfang? Come here, Graykit. Leave him be."
"He was discussing being a medicine cat one day," says Skipperfang. "I'd find him a good addition to the clan's ranks."
"If you think he's fit, I'd be honored." Beestone looks at her son and smiles.

In the early days of leaf-fall, a wild dog attacks the clan. The warriors spring into action, with Embercoat leaping at the creature first. His impressive claws manage to take down the creature without assistance, and the cats of the clan applaud him.

Graykit grows old enough to become an apprentice, and he is renamed as Graypaw. 
"I assign you to work under Skipperfang as a medicine cat apprentice," says Flamestar. "Serve Flameclan well."

Graykit and Skipperfang forge a close, brotherly bond together.
"So when do we hear from Starclan?" Graykit asks him one day.
"When they believe the time is right. I haven't heard from them in a few moons, but they are always present," meows the ginger tom.

Meanwhile, Flamestar announces that she is pregnant at the beginning of Leafbare. Crowstorm sits proudly beside her.
"Crowstorm will take on the responsibilities of leaderhip while I am in the nursery with my kit," meows Flamestar. "Respect his orders as you would respect mine."

Flamestar's kit is soon born- she names her Lizardkit. The kit is born healthy, curling up close to her mother. Lizardkit becomes the pride and joy of her father, and Crowstorm vows to protect her from all harm. Petalblossom watches from outside the nursery and feels envy burning within her.
image.png.1e86b6e7383f292db36aa0122c4da4b3.png

At the gathering, Crowstorm looks over his clan cats.
"Lizardkit is doing well, and Flamestar is healthy. I believe Lizardkit will grow to be a strong warrior. Our food is plentiful, too." Crowstorm looks over at Skipperfang and Graypaw. "Do you have any words from Starclan, Skipperfang?"

Skipperfang dips his head. "I do." His voice is not relaxed and friendly as it usually is- it is stifled and tense. "A sickness is coming, and life will be lost."
Crowstorm flattens his ears- illness is the one thing he can't protect his kit from. "Then no one is to visit the nursery to see my kit save for the medicine cats. Flamestar and Lizardkit need to be kept healthy and safe."
image.thumb.png.e0e9ba1fd2d7ff5deec950cacb746c30.png

• Like 3

DAY 20 - CHAPTER 3

A breakout of greencough hits the clan, as the medicine cats prophesied. Petalblossom is the first cat to catch the disease. Crowstorm addresses Flamestar from the nursery.
"Crowstorm, you can't keep me from seeing you," hisses Flamestar. "I'm still clan leader."
"I promise I'm doing this to keep you safe," says Crowstorm. "I can't risk you being killed by this disease, and I can't risk Lizardkit being hurt either. Please understand, Flamestar. Stay safe in here. I promise I'll have the medicine cats bring you the best of the fresh kill every day."

Flamestar avoids her mate's gaze, her eyes staying fixed on Lizardkit sleeping at her side. She sighs.

But Crowstorm catches the illness next. Petalblossom lives, but Crowstorm is taken quickly by the disease and dies.

"We have to tell Flamestar," Skipperfang says to Graypaw, shaking his head as he can't feel a pulse with his paw. "She knows how sick Crowstorm was, but nobody knows he's dead yet."
Graypaw feels a lump form in his throat, wondering how he's going to break that kind of news. But luckily Skipperfang takes the lead in telling Flamestar. Lizardkit sleeps beside her, and Graypaw watches her expression harden as her hope is taken from her.

"...Then I have to go back and lead the clan." She rises to her paws, Lizardkit still sleeping soundly.  
"But what about-" Graypaw looks at Lizardkit, and then looks at Flamestar. 
"You're the medicine cat. You should know what to do. You take care of her." Flamestar's voice is cold, and Graypaw flinches at her gaze. She pads out of the nursery, her tail lashing.
Graypaw looks up at Skipperfang. The ginger tom's dark eyes twinkle with rage. "How could she just do that, Skipperfang?"
"Cats respond to grief in different ways. They'll cut others off because they don't know what to do with themselves. Flamestar's always been hardened, so she doesn't know how to show grief." Skipperfang looks at Lizardkit, the chocolate she-cat's body rising and falling softly. "Pity that she has to hurt others in the process. It's pathetic, if you ask me. I don't know anything about raising a kit. Medicine cats don't do that."

Graypaw goes over to sit beside Lizardkit. He's quiet for a minute, then he springs to his paws. "Wait, Skipperfang. We don't have to raise a kit- I know a she-cat who would love more than anything to have a kit."
Skipperfang raises an eyebrow, and Graypaw goes on. "Petalblossom has always wanted kits. We should ask her!"
Skipperfang thinks for a moment, and upon further consideration, nods. "That could do. You stay here, and I'll go find her."

The ginger tom pads back out into camp, and the warriors are all discussing the death of Crowstorm and the sudden return of Flamestar. 
"I wonder who will be chosen as deputy," Embercoat says. Skipperfang comes up behind Petalblossom. 
"Petalblossom, may I speak to you?" 
The dark-furred she-cat's eyes widen, and her fluffy tail swishes curiously. "Um. Sure, Skipperfang." She follows the tom to a quiet side of camp.
"It's about Lizardkit. Flamestar.. Well.. She's not seeming to want to raise kits after Crowstorm's death. I think it's grief. But Graypaw mentioned you've always wanted kits. And we're desperate here. I ask that you consider raising-"
"I'd be honored, Skipperfang," Petalblossom cuts him off. Her eyes are glittering with excitement, as if a dream for many moons has come true. "I'll raise her as my own."

Petalblossom quietly pokes her head into the nursery, where Lizardkit is sleeping. She wraps her tail around the kit, and Lizardkit curls up happily in the warm fur. Graypaw sees a smile on her face like he'd never seen on her before.
"She'll remember Petalblossom as her only mother she ever had soon," says Skipperfang to Graypaw. "Kits that age have very short memories."
"I still can't believe Flamestar just.. dropped her."
"Flamestar was very close to Crowstorm. Some cats just go cold under pressure. Maybe she'll realize her mistake in leaving her kit, maybe not." Skipperfang inwardly doubts that she'll be humble enough to ever admit it.

Flamestar later leaps upon highrock and calls to her cats. "Before Starclan and before the spirit of Crowstorm, I select Embercoat as my deputy. You're a strong fighter and I hope you continue to serve us well." Her voice seems dry and insincere, but the cats of the clan smile and nudge Embercoat in congratulations.

Lizardkit grows up happily in the nursery with Petalblossom, and Petalblossom beams proudly when it's time for Lizardkit's apprentice ceremony. Graypaw watches curiously at the ceremony to see if Flamestar will mention anything about Lizardkit being her daughter. Graypaw watches Flamestar stare directly at the young she-cat seemingly without shame or remorse.

"Lizardkit, you will be now called Lizardpaw," asserts the ginger she-cat. "You will be mentored by Embercoat. May he train you to be a strong warrior."
"Lizardpaw! Lizardpaw!" cheer the cats.

image.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eek! 1

Oooo another warrior cats playthrough!

I'll be following this. Very interesting. It is a bit similair to RemnantClan, (with the cats having survived a great disaster that wiped the rest of them out). I've enjoyed that storyline and it's an easy way to explain having so few statting members of a clan.

Poor Lizardkit...and I'm actually kinda sympathetic toward Flamestar. Losing a mate like that while raising a kit has to be difficult.

Glad to hear your surgery went well, btw.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

Oooo another warrior cats playthrough!

I'll be following this. Very interesting. It is a bit similair to RemnantClan, (with the cats having survived a great disaster that wiped the rest of them out). I've enjoyed that storyline and it's an easy way to explain having so few statting members of a clan.

Poor Lizardkit...and I'm actually kinda sympathetic toward Flamestar. Losing a mate like that while raising a kit has to be difficult.

Glad to hear your surgery went well, btw.

Thank you so much! And ooh, I'll have to check RemnantClan out!! :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, medicine cat said:

Thank you so much! And ooh, I'll have to check RemnantClan out!! :D

(Thanks! It's a bit of a long thread (6 pages), don't feel you have to read it all at once. Also the mate of one of my queens died of greencough shortly after she gave birth too??

The WC Challenge apparently likes to do that </3 

Also are you using the Ultimate Warrior Cats challenge, a different one, your own, or a mix?

On 10/20/2022 at 11:13 PM, Chiyanna said:

(Thanks! It's a bit of a long thread (6 pages), don't feel you have to read it all at once. Also the mate of one of my queens died of greencough shortly after she gave birth too??

The WC Challenge apparently likes to do that 💔

Also are you using the Ultimate Warrior Cats challenge, a different one, your own, or a mix?

I'm using a mix of challenge rules and gens I made up, and it's kind of evolved over time to how I form stories! Here, I'll show you what I use. It involves a lot of random generation and Pokemon. It's a little convoluted I have OCD so I make these things way too specific, so if you have any questions feel free to ask me!

Most of the gens are negotiable, so if I really don't like what is generated, I'll bend the story a little. I have a clan generator I found, and then I've made an injury generator, a personality generator, and a prophecy generator.
BASIS
My basis for my rules was this thread I made back in 2018. The rules I use now are the same (except for the rogues, I just decide whether I want them in my clan or not now). 

CLAN GEN
Now when I play, I use a mix of my own perchance random generators and premade ones by other people. My starting clan is named based off of this Clan Generator I found. From there, I name cats either what I want or based off of a name from this gen.

THE PERSONALITY GEN  (AKA my backbone)
I originally had a lot of trouble coming up with personalities for every generated cat, so I made this generator. This one is the magic behind my playthroughs/stories I write. It's used for a lot of things since it's easier to just press "randomize" than make six extra gens!! 
Cat personalities, gem colors, aspirations, and (loosely) mutation genes are chosen by this gen and by Pokemon natures. So for example:
image.png.ff27efe501103225b9d11f87526d004e.png
"Lonely Nature" refers to the cat's personality, based off the Pokemon natures.

The gem color in this example is pink; this is important for the generated personality since the Pokemon natures have different likes/dislikes. If the pokemon nature LIKES the corresponding color to the cat's gem, the cats are more likely to be friends, and then if they DISLIKE it, they're more likely to be enemies. The gem colors aren't an end-all, be-all; story events or things like jealousy can make cats hate each other anyway.

You'll see "pattern b, velvet paw, or poison fangs"; The generator gives me three possible mutations to give to cats when they're born or inducted into the clan; I try to stick to them, but if I'm given genes that won't help the clan, I will go against the rules and give the cat a better one that fits the situation.

Next, you'll see "Warrior"; this is the cat's aspiration in life. Possible choices are Warrior, Parent, Medcat, Leader, or Loner, with "Warrior" and "Parent" more likely to be chosen by the generator than the others. This is a newer feature that I added to add more conflict and depth to the stories, since in the books you'll often see cats called to be a medicine cat when they wanted to be a warrior or vice versa. This is why Petalblossom wanted to be a mom so much!

The "Maybe" refers to "Yes/No/Maybe"; this is used for clan voting as well as for when cats ask other cats to be their mates or to have kits.

The star is a generation of 1-4 stars, and it's used when cats get sick, injured, or, more recently, when they give birth. One star means bad things happen to the cat. Four stars means good things. It goes like this:
image.png.e63da2c32256770c83521f07f3d5e50a.png
Occurences with one star when they happen to a leader cause the leader to lose one or more of their nine lives.

The numbers at the end of the generation are simply used for when a leader loses a life. When a clan leader gets to around 70 days old, I hit the generator and subtract a randomly generated 1-50 days from their life span. I used to have it so I completely reset leaders' ages to young adult one day from their death, but I found it made leaders' lives impractically long and also made it so I'd forget to reset them and they'd die.

THE GOOGLE DOC 
So for instance, this is the google doc I've got going for the clan. It's short and sweet and keeps track of living cats' personalities as well as leader lives left so I can deem who's socially compatible when a new cat arrives. 
image.png.6e7685cd4b09817089872ef745f8f726.png

So for example, since Flamestar was generated an "Impish" personality, she's more drawn to cats with yellow gems and dislikes blue gemmed cats.
Lizardkit's "Likes" is white because her personality was generated as Bashful. The pokemon natures chart doesn't have any color likes or dislikes for Bashful, so cats without likes or dislike colors are set to be drawn to other cats without preferences and set to dislike cats in the section that they're in in the natures chart. Bashful is in the blue section of the natures chart, so she dislikes cats with blue gems.

You'll also notice that I have the active couple, Embercoat and Beestone, listed a second time with one heart. Every day in-story I hit the personality gen for a yes/no/maybe. Every day I get a yes (or a maybe if the cats haven't had kits before) I add to the hearts, and once it hits five hearts the couple has a kit. The hearts reset after a kit is born and the cycle continues.

THE INJURY GEN
When a cat is injured by a bearyena/wild dog, I use this gen to determine where the injury took place on the cat.

THE PROPHECY GEN
Another relatively newer one in my last few playthroughs, I've made it so my medicine cats can get prophecies! I tried to come up with as many prophecy prompts as I could with this generator. I generate a new prophecy every gathering, every half moon (aka ten days), and every time a new kit is born or becomes a warrior. Since a lot of the prophecies are hyper-specific, only a few prophecies generated actually make sense and get fit into the story.
This is how illnesses come about, and how Crowstorm died of greencough; the prophecies that inspired this one I believe were "Misfortune comes for the brown-eyed cat" and "Beware of the bushy-tailed cat". I originally planned this to mean Crowstorm (who has brown eyes) was to be killed by Petalblossom (who has a bushy tail), but I really like Petalblossom and I didn't think it would fit her timid personality. I instead made it so that Petalblossom would spread a disease to Crowstorm which killed him. This also brought misfortune to the clan's OTHER brown-eyed cat, Flamestar.

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1
  • Paw up 2

6 hours ago, medicine cat said:

I'm using a mix of challenge rules and gens I made up, and it's kind of evolved over time to how I form stories! Here, I'll show you what I use. It involves a lot of random generation and Pokemon. It's a little convoluted I have OCD so I make these things way too specific, so if you have any questions feel free to ask me!

Most of the gens are negotiable, so if I really don't like what is generated, I'll bend the story a little. I have a clan generator I found, and then I've made an injury generator, a personality generator, and a prophecy generator.
BASIS
My basis for my rules was this thread I made back in 2018. The rules I use now are the same (except for the rogues, I just decide whether I want them in my clan or not now). 

CLAN GEN
Now when I play, I use a mix of my own perchance random generators and premade ones by other people. My starting clan is named based off of this Clan Generator I found. From there, I name cats either what I want or based off of a name from this gen.

THE PERSONALITY GEN  (AKA my backbone)
I originally had a lot of trouble coming up with personalities for every generated cat, so I made this generator. This one is the magic behind my playthroughs/stories I write. It's used for a lot of things since it's easier to just press "randomize" than make six extra gens!! 
Cat personalities, gem colors, aspirations, and (loosely) mutation genes are chosen by this gen and by Pokemon natures. So for example:
image.png.ff27efe501103225b9d11f87526d004e.png
"Lonely Nature" refers to the cat's personality, based off the Pokemon natures.

The gem color in this example is pink; this is important for the generated personality since the Pokemon natures have different likes/dislikes. If the pokemon nature LIKES the corresponding color to the cat's gem, the cats are more likely to be friends, and then if they DISLIKE it, they're more likely to be enemies. The gem colors aren't an end-all, be-all; story events or things like jealousy can make cats hate each other anyway.

You'll see "pattern b, velvet paw, or poison fangs"; The generator gives me three possible mutations to give to cats when they're born or inducted into the clan; I try to stick to them, but if I'm given genes that won't help the clan, I will go against the rules and give the cat a better one that fits the situation.

Next, you'll see "Warrior"; this is the cat's aspiration in life. Possible choices are Warrior, Parent, Medcat, Leader, or Loner, with "Warrior" and "Parent" more likely to be chosen by the generator than the others. This is a newer feature that I added to add more conflict and depth to the stories, since in the books you'll often see cats called to be a medicine cat when they wanted to be a warrior or vice versa. This is why Petalblossom wanted to be a mom so much!

The "Maybe" refers to "Yes/No/Maybe"; this is used for clan voting as well as for when cats ask other cats to be their mates or to have kits.

The star is a generation of 1-4 stars, and it's used when cats get sick, injured, or, more recently, when they give birth. One star means bad things happen to the cat. Four stars means good things. It goes like this:
image.png.e63da2c32256770c83521f07f3d5e50a.png
Occurences with one star when they happen to a leader cause the leader to lose one or more of their nine lives.

The numbers at the end of the generation are simply used for when a leader loses a life. When a clan leader gets to around 70 days old, I hit the generator and subtract a randomly generated 1-50 days from their life span. I used to have it so I completely reset leaders' ages to young adult one day from their death, but I found it made leaders' lives impractically long and also made it so I'd forget to reset them and they'd die.

THE GOOGLE DOC 
So for instance, this is the google doc I've got going for the clan. It's short and sweet and keeps track of living cats' personalities as well as leader lives left so I can deem who's socially compatible when a new cat arrives. 
image.png.6e7685cd4b09817089872ef745f8f726.png

So for example, since Flamestar was generated an "Impish" personality, she's more drawn to cats with yellow gems and dislikes blue gemmed cats.
Lizardkit's "Likes" is white because her personality was generated as Bashful. The pokemon natures chart doesn't have any color likes or dislikes for Bashful, so cats without likes or dislike colors are set to be drawn to other cats without preferences and set to dislike cats in the section that they're in in the natures chart. Bashful is in the blue section of the natures chart, so she dislikes cats with blue gems.

You'll also notice that I have the active couple, Embercoat and Beestone, listed a second time with one heart. Every day in-story I hit the personality gen for a yes/no/maybe. Every day I get a yes (or a maybe if the cats haven't had kits before) I add to the hearts, and once it hits five hearts the couple has a kit. The hearts reset after a kit is born and the cycle continues.

THE INJURY GEN
When a cat is injured by a bearyena/wild dog, I use this gen to determine where the injury took place on the cat.

THE PROPHECY GEN
Another relatively newer one in my last few playthroughs, I've made it so my medicine cats can get prophecies! I tried to come up with as many prophecy prompts as I could with this generator. I generate a new prophecy every gathering, every half moon (aka ten days), and every time a new kit is born or becomes a warrior. Since a lot of the prophecies are hyper-specific, only a few prophecies generated actually make sense and get fit into the story.
This is how illnesses come about, and how Crowstorm died of greencough; the prophecies that inspired this one I believe were "Misfortune comes for the brown-eyed cat" and "Beware of the bushy-tailed cat". I originally planned this to mean Crowstorm (who has brown eyes) was to be killed by Petalblossom (who has a bushy tail), but I really like Petalblossom and I didn't think it would fit her timid personality. I instead made it so that Petalblossom would spread a disease to Crowstorm which killed him. This also brought misfortune to the clan's OTHER brown-eyed cat, Flamestar.

(Ooo interesting! My rules are probably even more complicated so I don't mind long and complicated. I've been working on putting them on here. What I have so far can be found at this link:

• Eek! 1

CHAPTER 4 - DAY 26

Lizardpaw grows as a warrior apprentice under Embercoat's direction. She becomes a decent fighter, and she has a keen sense of hearing. She brings a decent amount of prey to camp after hunting almost every time. She sees Flamestar staring at her, and bows her head shyly. But to her surprise, the leader smiles at her.
"You're becoming an impressive warrior," Flamestar says to her. "Your mother must be proud of you." Flamestar looks over at Petalblossom.
Lizardpaw shifts her paws, flattered. "...Thank you, Flamestar." 
"But you're so shy," says Flamestar. "You have the makings of a great warrior. Have some pride in yourself." Flamestar puffs out her chest, looking at the apprentice. Lizardpaw tries to emulate the pose. "A great start." Flamestar smiles.
Skipperfang watches from across the clearing beside Graypaw.
"She's never told her she's her daughter," Graypaw says aloud.
"I don't think she has the right to call herself her mother," comments Skipperfang between grooming his own fur. "She forfeited that when she left Lizardpaw."
"You can tell she cares, though," Graypaw says. "She's easier on Lizardpaw than all the cats in the clan."

When the half-moon arrives, Skipperfang takes Graypaw to the Moonpool to receive his name as a full medicine cat.
"Graypaw, you have long served as a noble medicine cat and as a wise member of Flameclan. Long have you stood beside me as a loyal apprentice, and it is therefore my honor to give you your true name as a medicine cat- Graymane."
image.png.191583e6a84a3e4aad82cc9a8ad8b393.png

Shortly after Graymane is given his name, Beestone announces she is pregnant again. She gives birth to a healthy son with a dark brown pelt and sharp claws. She gives birth to another kit, but the kit dies in birth, so she names her son Twinkit in honor of the twin that she lost.
image.png.4af78aff35e12470d0eb24933feaf2ec.png

Twinkit is a rowdy and rambunctious kit from the start, often disobeying his mother often.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, medicine cat said:

Graymane

THE BEST BLACKSMITH IN ALL OF SKYRIM

19 hours ago, medicine cat said:

Twinkit is a rowdy and rambunctious kit from the start, often disobeying his mother often.

Yeah, that's what happens when you name someone after their dead sibling 

• Haha 3

CHAPTER 5- DAY 36

image.thumb.png.430da4e79ff4205ce5a8d1f67292957c.png
(Left to right: Peralblossom, Embercoat, Lizardpaw, Flamestar, Graymane, Skipperfang, Beestone, Twinkit)

Lizardpaw grows old enough and skilled enough to become a warrior, and Flamestar calls a clan meeting on her behalf.
"Lizardpaw, I think you have the makings to become one of the greatest warriors in Flameclan. You are brave, you are noble, and you are a skilled hunter. I hereby rename you as Lizardpounce."
"Lizardpounce! Lizardpounce!" Cheer the cats of the clan. Lizardpounce shuffles her paws shyly as all eyes are on her, but Flamestar smiles at her.
image.png.cccbf7b0418a1cc41f737ab46eab0e51.png

Twinkit is still rather disrespectful and abrasive toward his parents, rarely listening.
"I worry about Twinkit being apprenticed," says Embercoat to Flamestar. "He's got such a wild streak in him. I don't get it- he's nothing like me or his mother. Beestone thinks he'll just grow out of it, but I'm not so sure. He needs a firm warrior to lead him, Flamestar."
"If anything, I think he shows promise," says Flamestar. "We should encourage that fire in him and direct it into battle."
"Yes, but he needs a firm paw to control him. I mean, he almost managed to leave camp by himself the other day! I think I should mentor him, at least."
"I think as clan leader I'm more than capable of choosing a mentor," says Flamestar, flicking her tail. 
Embercoat flattens his ears and goes to say something, but doesn't. He pads away, sighing.

As Embercoat's anxiety rises, Twinkit's apprenticeship ceremony arrives quickly. 
Flamestar leaps upon the highrock and calls Twinkit forward. "Twinkit, I will be placing you as an apprentice under myself. You will be renamed as Twinpaw from now on, and together I aim to train you to be a great warrior."
"Twinpaw! Twinpaw!" cheer the warriors of the clan. Except Embercoat. She watches Flamestar touch noses with his son, and feels a pit of dread in his stomach. Is Flamestar going to rein in Twinpaw, or is she going to encourage his aggression for the sake of strength in battle?

image.png.065d81dea33de4eece61bd9a6a2a343e.png

Flamestar is delighted to have a new apprentice. Twinpaw reminds her of herself, and the two quickly bond. Surprisingly, Twinpaw is eager to listen to her despite Embercoat's descriptions. Flamestar guesses this could be his pride in being trained by the clan leader herself.

One day while patrolling with Twinkit, Flamestar encounters an enormous, speckled male with dark eyes. Withdrawing her claws, she signals Twinpaw to be alert and approaches the intruder.
"You realize that you're trespassing on warrior territory, correct?" Flamestar lashes her fluffy tail, raising her hackles. "State your business, stranger, or my apprentice and I will tear you apart."
The tom twitches his ears, backing up slightly. "I mean no harm- I'm a warrior myself. Looking for a clan after my old clan left the area. I decided to stay behind. My name is Mottledfang." he bows his head respectfully. "You must be Flamestar. I have heard good things about Flameclan- that it's a powerful one."
Flamestar backs up, and Twinpaw looks up at her expectantly. "And you have interest in joining us? We do need new warriors," the she-cat says. "Come back to camp with me."

image.png.3432dcf9e092f8b550ea28fba1700951.png

Mottledfang quickly blends in with the other warriors- specifically with Lizardpounce, who thinks he's handsome.

The gathering occurs.
image.thumb.png.0e6fab8269e172f53d22126a09b716bb.png

"Flameclan is thriving with new warriors," says Flamestar. "We have two new warriors- Mottledfang and Lizardpounce- as well as a quick-thinking apprentice. I'm looking forward to the future of Flameclan."

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, AndromedaTheGalaxyCat said:

Wth how do you have such good wanderer luck 

All the wanderers I get either have bad genes, good genes but they are sick or about to die, or they run away before they can be invited

I only invite the pretty healthy ones LOLOLOL
I see my fair share of wanderers, but only pick ones I like

• Paw up 1

2 hours ago, AndromedaTheGalaxyCat said:

Wth how do you have such good wanderer luck 

All the wanderers I get either have bad genes, good genes but they are sick or about to die, or they run away before they can be invited

(Well I once found a wanderer that was going to die in a day or two that had good genes (purr snout) so I bred like 5 females with him.)