Stray Fawn Community

Bioluminescent Pattern Color

Leaellynasaura

So, this would basically be a new pattern color with two possible outcomes: if a nicheling has only one copy of the gene, then their pattern glows in the other color present, and is purely aesthetic. If a nicheling has two copies of the gene, then it would glow in a random, bright color (like toxic body). Maybe having two copies would add +1 attractiveness out of water, and in water fish would come toward the bioluminescent nicheling.

• Like 17

16 replies to this post

Perhaps it could also contribute to distaste? Some animals that have luminescent markings usually use it as a warning sign saying: "HI, DON'T EAT ME I'M POISONOUS/DANGEROUS". XD Or there could be different types of Bioluminescent  markings, like how there are different pattern types for the regular fur genes. (ie. Spots, stripes, mask) There could be one that warns predatory animals away, one that attracts wanderers or rouges, and one that can make that nichling look like or bush or something and attract rabbils, or fish in the water. :D

• Like 2

Maybe it could give +1 eyesight, since it would sorta light up its surroundings, which would let the creature see better. It would also go great with the cave ideas that have been going around. 

• Like 1

On 5/13/2018 at 6:06 PM, Dinocanid said:

glow_nicheling_by_hoafan-dcbgt7o.png
I drew a mockup of a pattern I think would look nice. I based it off of fish, which is why the glowing color is blue. Nice idea btw!

I like the idea of bioluminescent nichelings, and this picture is a good representation of how it could look. It reminds me very much of the Na’vi from the movie Avatar.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bill Nye the Science Fry said:

THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDED TO THE GAME HOLY CRAPPP

Edit: What if you had a creature with the toxic body and the bioluminescent pattern?? That would be one colorful boi

What if all toxic body creatures automatically had bioluminecent patterns? Kinda like albinism overwrites pattern, color and eye color.

• Like 3

On 8/10/2019 at 5:42 AM, TundraKitsune said:

Also, this has a lot of upvotes, could it theoretically get into the game?

Seems to be in the top 20 when you don't count things that have already been added to the game

On 8/16/2018 at 11:33 PM, ChasingNyx said:

we need this
i want glowy nichelings
please
also shouldn't it give -1 camoflauge if completely glowing?
because glowing isnt exactly sneaky

and what if
it glowed the color of the eyes?

Great idea i hope this gets added and the glow color is eye color that would look so cool