Stray Fawn Community

The tribe of Tooth and Claw

Stranger

As the tribe arrived at the new island, they felt the air turn significantly colder. Another huge ice block loomed next to the ports, and Denpi and Talos immediately ran to shatter it. 

'Careful Talos!' Denpi called, as the boulder fell to the ground. A bright yellow kit lay there and Talos immediately picked it up. He plodded back over to Denpi, laying the kit in his bushy tail. 

'But I don't know how to care for a kit!' Denpi admitted. Talos shrugged and smiled, lying down beside him, warming the kit up. It was too young to speak, so Denpi named it. 

'You're name is Oighir (I-your)' he decided. 'That's an okay name, right?' he asked, turning to Talos. Talos nodded, before drifting off to sleep. 

IMG_20221024_194639.thumb.jpg.13b825794f57a9af83ee20c4035b2a34.jpg

Oighir was energetic and by the time he was a teen, he basically bounding all over the place. But Milshi had a different worry. 

'Brother can I talk to you?' she asked, plodding over to Denpi. 

'Sure?' 

'Oighir... I know you're close to him. But you do realise that he is not strong. In fact, he is very weak, even for a teen.' 

'What are you saying Milshi?' All the playfulness had dropped from Denpi's voice. 

She sighed and her expression grew serious. 'What I'm saying, is that we are already low on food. Oighir is weak, so we can't let him stay here forever. Once he grows into an adult, he will have to leave' 

'M-milshi you can't say that! We can't just throw him out!' Denpi spluttered. 

'Denpi, I'm doing what's best for the tribe. If you want to take care of him, you'll teach him everything you know about surviving, and then you'll let him go. I'm doing what's best for us.' she said softly. 

'....Alright' Denpi's voice was barely a whisper. 

Milshi nodded and walked off. But a seed of resentment was growing inside her brothers heart. 

IMG_20221024_194708.thumb.jpg.467393683b3e8ccc9b3167acfee40a6d.jpg

It started to snow, and as they were passing they found another block. Inside was a little kid called Mienta. She agreed to come along with them, but only because she was cold. The food stores were running out. It was getting colder. 

• Sad 1

IMG_20221024_182441.thumb.jpg.60efb5361fa57c5d5613765ea997626a.jpg

Talos walked over to Denpi. Denpi was cold, and his stomach hurt from the hunger. 

'Hey' he managed a weak smile. 

Talos only dropped his share of food in front of Denpi. 

'Talos I can't take this...' Denpi looked shocked. 'Its yours' 

Talos shook his head and lay down beside Denpi, refusing to take the food back. Denpi ate it gratefully, and wondered how much they would go without food before they starved. 

• Sad 1

'If only we had any source of food' Asti howled. 'At this point, I'll even take a balance bear if that means we get to eat!' 

Sadly, his wishes were granted. 

IMG_20221024_182534.thumb.jpg.9fb075939f7d0a263f3dd9817d0046fb.jpg

'We have to be clever about this' Milshi muttered. 'Take it all from different sides, alright?' 

The tribe attacked the bear. Backing it against a tree they fought fiercely. But they were hungry, and weak, and the balance bear was larger than any of them. Slowly it picked them off. First, Milshi ran after a deer that might have interrupted the battle had it come any closer. She didn't come back. Then Asti fell. Soon, only Mienta and Oighir were left. 

IMG_20221024_182654.thumb.jpg.7c9f60e5aee53b1552fbaae307a5baf9.jpg

The two cats tried to flee through the snow, but the bear was right on their heels. Mienta fell down from her wounds, and she didn't get back up. Only Oighir was left. He could hear his own ragged breathing as he ran, blinded by the snow from all sides. He whipped around, looking everywhere for the beat. Was it gone? Had he lost it? But he heard a low growl behind him. And as he turned around to face it, the last thing he saw were the bloodied jaws of the bear. 

• Sad 1

Oof the wanderer luck.... 

Everytime I find a wanderer they either have horrible genes, have decent genes but are about to die, or they disappear and I never see them again. I rarely get good wanderers. I also get mad really easily so sometimes I kill wanderers when they steal my food lol

(Tip: Check the ocean for wanderers. There's a bug where wanderers go into the water and drown themselves, so if you're not finding any wanderers, they're probably all stuck in the ocean.)

4 minutes ago, AndromedaTheGalaxyCat said:

Oof the wanderer luck.... 

Everytime I find a wanderer they either have horrible genes, have decent genes but are about to die, or they disappear and I never see them again. I rarely get good wanderers. I also get mad really easily so sometimes I kill wanderers when they steal my food lol

(Tip: Check the ocean for wanderers. There's a bug where wanderers go into the water and drown themselves, so if you're not finding any wanderers, they're probably all stuck in the ocean.)

(I know, my wanderer luck is also terrible lol. Thanks for the tip tho, I didn't know they did that) 

• Paw up 1

7 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

(Oof it was just starting to get interesting...

fighting balance bear not a good idea unless u have OP strength. Better to wait for a deer or pack of ramfoxes.

(mm, but I also had like 2 food so I was pretty desperate lol, pretty sure my hunger damage was set to five) 

• Paw up 1