Stray Fawn Community

1000 nichelings

jaxpsylla

update: im currently at 1690 nichelings and entering phase 2 of my plan: basically, ive filled up the ocean, so now im filling the island itself with nichelings now. its gonna be a slow process but im determined to finish this !!

• Eek! 3
  • Paw up 1

21 minutes ago, AndromedaTheGalaxyCat said:

Doing this challenge 

20221023_182209.jpg

good luck!

for max efficiency id recommend clearing the whole island, cheating in food, and making sure all of your nichelings have high speed/swimming (just in my experience, if you want to do it a different way go ahead!)

• Like 1

Just now, AndromedaTheGalaxyCat said:

I turned off everything in world menu except perma nests and turned all damage multipliers to 0 so I don't have to worry about damage

ohh it looks like youre on switch version or... something NOT pc version, i dont think you can access cheats so ignore me 😅

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndromedaTheGalaxyCat said:

Bruh my game crashed while i was in the middle of loading a new day bc so many babies were born

lol yeah i almost crashed opening my save once... i also almost crashed when i opened the family tree at 1000 nichelings 

• Paw up 1

I think I broke niche.... I started a new AHVHC save after playing on the 1000 nichelings save. When I put my creature on a grassy tile, I couldn't see them anymore. It kept saying there were toxic berry bushes blocking my way even though visually there was nothing on the tile. My last creature died bc I accidentally picked from the invisible toxic berries while chasing down a cool wanderer. After she died, I tried to exit the save but the screen just went black so I had to reopen the whole game...

• Sad 3

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Fox leaf said:

Did it block out some numbers or something?

image.png.efa0a30bd578308bb42bbf42dbe2bd22.png

using sandbox and cheats, no, that is how many days we spent on that island. im just very fast :D

1 hour ago, Fox leaf said:

The amount of food you have...

also a cheat. i didnt collect that much lol 😅

• Paw up 1

On 12/12/2022 at 6:01 PM, Fox leaf said:

TELL ME EVERY DETAIL 

I assume you mean for how I pulled this off? well,

I made my nichelings completely prepared for the island. heat body, swimming genes, speed genes, and some cosmetics just for fun. I should have given them a normal tail instead of swimming for an extra heat resistance because the frost lands can get too cold, even for these fellas.

I then made a male and a female. I should have made multiple couples to start the island off right, but whatever. it works regardless.

I turned off all damage, removed all animals and (most) plants, turned down every age slider except for adulthood, which I extended, so we would have nichelings for as long as we could. so they can move around the island and not be harmed by anything.

once I opened the game, I used cheats to give us as much food as we could. going to high can cause the food to go in the negatives and can cause a lot of problems, so to be save I just input 'BerryCount 123456789'. although they cant starve to death, this prevents a lot of lag. the one thing I cant really prevent is illness, however.

next, to start breeding, I put a single male in a circle surrounded by other females, and have them breed every day. once the children are born they can immediately move out of the nest and I can breed again. once old enough, I can send them to fill up the ocean first. once the ocean is full, I can start filling the whole island. (what I'm doing right now)

I haven't finished, but its been working well so far, so I suppose this is the best strategy. once I'm done I'm going to attempt the archipelago, as I believe its bigger than the frost lands.

(The random genes you see everywhere are because my friend, during a call, suggested I give each area a different gene, like horns or fur color or snouts.)

(Also also, some times I changed the weather to get rid of snow. This caused a little glitch in the day counter that said we had more days on the island than we actually did, but it didn't effect the game so I ignored it.)

• 5 months later...