Stray Fawn Community

The Wildberry Tribe

Andromeda_

As per @YourLocalStranger's request, I made a playthrough. 

I will be following the rules of the Wildberry Challenge. You can find the rules in the challenge section.

Here are our starters and their personalities! 

Marilyn- A quiet and shy nicheling who would much prefer to spend her life on a small, isolated, quiet island, where she can pick stinky fruits in peace. 

Damian- A playful and energetic nicheling who loves to crack jokes. He is the only one who can make Marilyn laugh. However, he can be a bit rude or rash sometimes. 

Venom- He looks and sounds like a rough and tough nicheling who can take down bearyenas with ease. In reality, Venom is very emotional and cowardly, and was bullied for not being able to pick berries or crack nuts. Damian heavily dislikes him, and he often feels like an outcast. 

I'll get to playing tommorow

16681190184066282639670997528205.jpg

16681192086095449800659373308931.jpg

16681196621838749891023487398648.jpg

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

(I accidentally lost the save file so Venom looks a little different) 

Damian padded onto the island first. He bumped right into a berry bush "Looks like we got some free food already." He smirked as he grabbed a berry off the bush and popped it into his mouth. "Venom, could you destroy that rock?" 

"I don't want t-" Venom responded, but was interrupted by Damian "YOU DO WHAT I SAY." Venom reluctantly destroyed the rock. 

"Damian! Don't be so mean." Marilyn frowned. "I can boss him however I want." Damian muttered under his breath, not knowing Marilyn could hear him. 

The next day, Marilyn wasn't nearby, so Damian and Venom checked around the island, only to find out she had been pummeled by a coconut. "What do we do??? WHat do we do!?!!" Damian panicked. "We should just wait for her to wake up." Venom said quietly. "And why should I listen to you?" Damian frowned. 'Well I don't care what you're doing, I'm staying to watch her." Venom said, puffing up his chest. 

(Sorry for the crappy photo quality)

IMG_20221111_152223.jpg

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

The next day, Marilyn was up again. "What....happened..." She said, still drowsy. "Not much." Damian responded. "We need to find a healing fruit for the damage you took from the coconut. This is a half jungle island, so I'm sure we could find one up north!" He said. 

On their way up north, Damian noticed some berries were disappearing from a nearby berry bush. He caught the thief red-handed: A pale creature with a twisted snout, a sharp claw, and frog-like hind legs. "Stop right there!" He yelled. The thief immediately ran, but Damian easily caught up due to the other creature's slow webbed feet. "Why were you stealing our food." Damian growled. The creature explained that she had been thrown into the ocean by her previous tribe for her hideous snout and webbed feet. She had washed up on this island and was starving, so she just had to eat some of the delicious berries. Damian felt a pang of sympathy after hearing this creature's story. "You know what?" Damian said. "You can join this tribe. We won't betray you like your old one did. What's your name?" "Amanda." She responded. "Well, welcome to The Wildberry Tribe, Amanda."

16681991567229038425475703051483.jpg

16681992110161424563919062299041.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Eventually, the small tribe stumbled upon a healing fruit. Marilyn immediately ran over to it and gobbled it up. "Delicious." She smiled. The group soon discovered that there was also a permanent nest in this area. "I suggest we stay here." Amanda suggested. "It's always good to make a camp around a permanent nest, in case you can't scrounge up enough nesting material to make your own." 

And so it was settled. This was the tribe's main camp for now.

1668199710909359325544562254991.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

i will continue this playthrough today. im so sorry for not updating before im too addicted to pokemon violet haha. i just have to get through my homework first. if i dont continue this today you have a valid reason to despise me

• Paw up 1

Yet another day passed, and Amanda smelled a stranger next to her berry bush. She was much too slow and big to try to sneak up on the berry thief, so Damian had to help. Damian jumped behind the creature, startling them as they dropped the berries in their paws. "Who are you and why are you stealing from the tribe." Damian grumbled. He was about to send this thief packing when suddenly Amanda stopped him. "Stop! I know her! She's one of my cousins from my old tribe. What are you doing here, Honeydew?" "I was thrown off the island as well." She explained. "Who's this new friend you've got, Amanda?" "This is Damian, leader of the Wildberry Tribe. Do you want to join? It'd be safer." Amanda suggested. "Sure! Honeydew smiled happily. 

(They both have F immunity and derp snout so it would make sense they're related lol)

16696762880797253814112035594118.jpg

16696763801252258358779272289687.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The next day, Damian walked up to Marilyn holding a flower with his trunk. "Hey Marilyn." He said coolly. "Could we talk in private for a sec?" "...Sure." Marilyn said, her heart almost skipping a beat. After they slipped into the grasses, Damian confessed. "Well, Marilyn, what I wanted to say was that I.....love you." His fur turned redder than it already was. Suddenly, Marilyn tackled him to the ground. "I love you too, Damian!" She buried her head into his body, purring loudly. Damian smiled and wrapped his tail around her in a warm embrace. 

(Sorry if I suck at writing romance. Also I'm planning for Damian to apologize for treating Venom the way he did, and to give more backstory for them. Should I do that now or later on?)

16696769951678173620497690930285.jpg

• Like 2

After a long drought, finally there was rain. Berry bushes regrew, and the tribe had an amazing harvest. Suddenly, Amanda sensed yet another thief chomping berries vigorously. "We just can't catch a break from these thieves." She thought to herself as she went over to the wanderer, ready to chase them off. However, she bumped right into yet another relative from her previous island! "Uncle Duke!? What are you doing here!?" She gasped in surprise. Duke whipped around to look at her. While Duke was up there in the years, he was still certainly quick. "Amanda!? What are YOU doing here!?" He shot back. "I thought there were only strangers in this area." He smiled. "It's nice to see someone I can trust instead of all these dangerous strangers. "Uncle Duke, you can trust the nichelings here. They took me under my wing. They'll certainly do the same for you. How about you join the tribe?" "Fine." He grumbled. "You better not be lying."

16696777434196960741822520804657.jpg

16696778816702776987311568532066.jpg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AndromedaTheGalaxyCat said:

GUYS I ACCIDENTALLY BRED AMANDA AND DUKE WHEN I WAS TRYING TO DIG UP A ROOT THAT WAS UNDER HIM 

THEY BOTH HAVE F IMMUNITY 

WHAT DO I DOOOOOOO

(The baby was born, and he's actually not sick and has decent genes, so I'm just gonna keep him and say that he was also a creature thrown into the sea by Amanda's previous tribe.)

16696783212176389010785464725308.jpg

• Paw up 1

One day, Amanda approached the tribe with a newborn nicheling in her jaws. "I found this little one by the beach, he also seems to have been thrown away by our previous tribe. It's a miracle he survived." She laid him down in a nearby nest that Marilyn had woven. "He looks like a walrus deer with that coloring and those antlers. How about I call him...Stag." She wrapped her tail around him. "I'll raise him like my own son."

16696787066696567845268796598145.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, AndromedaTheGalaxyCat said:

Also I'm planning for Damian to apologize for treating Venom the way he did, and to give more backstory for them. Should I do that now or later on?)

Maybe once the tribe has properly settled in? I don't really know

• Paw up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Soon enough, Marilyn became pregnant with Damian's child. The whole tribe gathered to see the birth of one of the tribe's potential heirs. "I don't have much time left, but I might as well help a new life arrive in this world." Duke said as he came to help Marilyn's birthing process. The next day, the first death occurred in the tribe as Duke passed away, but a new one was born in the form of Marilyn's new child. "He's perfect" she purred happily. "How about I name him...Storm." Everyone came to look at the baby, even Venom, but he hesitated. "You can see him." Damian smiled. "...Thank you, Damian." Venom responded as he continued. 

1670537581335855560624556719728.jpg

16705377024067306228249678680002.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Honeydew crawled onto the stump. She let out loud mating calls, hoping to attract a mate for herself. Suddenly, a ball of spiky reddish brown fur tumbled through the grass and landed right in front of her. The creature looked up at her. "What happened!? I heard someone calling for help, so I just HAD to come save them!" She said. "I wasn't calling for help." Honeydew frowned. "I was letting out mating calls to try and attract new creatures to my tribe." "Oops! Sorry! I guess I'll leave!" The creature responded. "Man, I'll never be a hero." She muttered under her breath. "Wait!" Honeydew called. The creature turned. "You can join my tribe. We desperately need new blood." The creature paused. "Sure!" She responded cheerily. "My name's Mochi!"

(God dang it why do all the wanderers ive found so far have f immunity!?!?! Damian and Marilyn are the only compatible pair bc Venom has f immunity too)

16705389057125339425704941614515.jpg

1670539000129729215288743161399.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Amanda was strolling along the beach when she heard a heavy panting sound. She looked around the corner and saw a black gilled creature with a pink mane and antlers. He had a huge scratch across his face that blinded him and he was missing a leg, fresh blood still dripping from it. Amanda immediately rushed towards the stranger. "What happened to you!?" She asked. The creature turned and stretched his good leg towards Amanda to feel her and "see" who she was, as he was blinded, before answering "....A killer bearyena attacked my tribe on my previous island. I was the weakest member. Everyone was killed except me. I managed to escape to this island through water, but not before the bearyena blinded me and ripped off one of my legs." A tear rolled down his cheek. "I miss everyone..." Amanda felt waves of sympathy for this poor creature. "You know what?" Amanda said. The creature turned. "You can join my tribe. We'll help you. I promise. What's your name?" The creature hesitated, before responding "Abyss." 

(I forgor to take a pic of him before I invited him. also finally a wanderer without f immunity!!!)

16705398315366639451749708765771.jpg

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

On 12/8/2022 at 8:30 PM, AndromedaTheGalaxyCat said:

i just realized this topic has no followers T^T

(I had been reading this some just not officially following. I am following it now!)

This tribe is mainly made up of people rejected by their tribes with very tragic backstories who wound up in the ocean. 

I guess it makes sense as a reason they invite in all wanderers! 

14 hours ago, AndromedaTheGalaxyCat said:

its the rules of the challenge to invite all wanderers but i guess you could say thats why

(Yeah I know that's the rules of challenge, but I like there to be a cannon/story reason for everything too lol)

Damian held a tribe meeting. "I'd like to announce something." He said as he sat atop the stump regally. "I would like the tribe to start expanding to the west, where the oak tree is, as it would supply us with lots of food." "On it!" Mochi yelled, racing towards the tree. Honeydew sighed. "She's an adult now, she needs to learn to be less impulsive..."

16711458890758620493280509049140.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Storm followed Mochi towards the tree. "Hey there." He said, trying to look cool. "What'cha doing?" "Nothing." She replied. "Just going towards the tree!" "Mind if I come with you?" "Sure!" She smiled. 

(Pretend there's not a huge gap between them. Also sorry its sideways)

16711461769368097343014438374151.jpg

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1