Stray Fawn Community

Adventures of Alarm and Awe

CosmicChaos21

I know I said I was back in june and then never posted anything and I apologize for that but I think I've finally started a niche save file I'd be interested in continuing!

-

A pair of nichelings who are expecting pups finally arrived on a new island, away from their old home with the hope to find a better life here.

Soon the two had their first pup, who they decided to name Magma.

“I can’t wait to take our pup to pick berries when they get older, I’ll teach them everything I can” Wildfire, a light brown nicheling with orange spots, said fondly as he looked at the tiny pup.

“As will I” Scarlet simply said with a slight smile at her pup.

2.png.265e2aa7b950ad07e5fb02b82968d7bb.png

Magma had quickly grown into a teen and her parents had another pup who they named Stinger for his tail.

“I wouldn’t have expected our pups to have fangs” Wildfire said as he curiously tilted his head at his new pup.

“It was probably from my great grandmother” Scarlet said as cleared some grass around the nest.

“Well maybe the tail was from my family?” Wildfire responded as he casually cleared some more grass before going back to check on their new pup.

Meanwhile Magma just scoffed at the way her dad was acting like a mother dodmingo(Listen they don’t have chickens and I wanted to use that phrase-) toward her younger brother.

‘It’s not like he’ll die if you take your eyes off him for a second’ She thought before one of those blue birds screech reminded her of their presence. ‘Okay nevermind than, I guess it’s justified’ Magma thought, slightly embarrassed she didn’t notice it earlier. She decided that since her parents were occupied they wouldn’t notice her explore further than she was supposed to right? Agreeing with her thoughts she turned around and went into the tall grass.

3.png.9692fe3b0b6ac346f6c1d227ecb16dd9.png

At first it was…kinda boring if she was honest. Just more rocks and grass that tickled her paws as she walked, much to her irritation. She had half a mind to rip it out but that would reveal where she went and she really didn’t want to deal with a scolding from her father again.

Then she smelled it, a bitter smell that made her scrunch up her nose in disgust.

‘Ew’ was the only thought she had but she was also to curious to ignore the smell of something different, something new. So she followed her nose, minding her senses, and ended up in front of a plant with large leaves and an odd fruit. It was yellow with a red inside making her more curious, she debated trying it until she decided against trying a random fruit she found. She did also acknowledge the mound next to it, it smelled of what did her dad call them?…Rabills, yeah it smelled like those and she did smell them occasionally though they never hunted them.

Almost as if fate was listening as a rabill popped out and before it could hide again she pounced on it and hunted it with a quick bite to the neck.

‘I didn’t even have to think to hunt it, instinct maybe?’ She thought as she decided to take a bite, I mean she might as well not waste it right? It tasted amazing, she was so used to the taste of berries that this new flavor made her want more and although she was going to give the rest to her family before she knew it she had devoured the whole thing.

‘Oh uh oops?’ She thought, a bit embarased she hadn’t left any for her family. She then bumped into something causing her to look up and feel the blood drain from her face.

It was a huge creature that could break her bones with a single swipe, before she could panic though the large being simply turned away and walked off without a single ounce of aggression much to her confusion.

‘I might’ve gotten lucky this time but I should go’ She thought but then remembered the odd fruit and rabbill mound. So she quickly rubbed her cheek and neck on a nearby rock so she could find it later. She then turned around and went home.

4.png.1c7424e533c8dd9f2504e13414425a38.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

‘Just as I thought, they didn’t notice a thing’ Magma thought as she saw her parents watching over Stinger. As she stepped into view Wildfire looked over at her.

“Magma could you get some more berries for Stinger, he’s a really hungry pup” He said causing Magma’s ears to flick in irritation.

“Sure” She gave a clipped response as she walked over to the berry bush and plucked some before walking over and dropping them in front of Stinger. Before anyone could say anything she turned around and walked to the edge of their small territory and laid down with a huff.

‘Not getting noticed is what I wanted right? Well still I didn’t want a chore to do the second I got back, but of course Stinger is sooo important’ She thought bitterly before slowly closing her tired eyes for a nap.

(I kinda forgot to get a screenshot for this so whoops)

-

The days had blurred together a bit for Magma just her usual routine, exploring, sleeping, eating, remarking that scent post so she didn’t lose it. And before she knew it not only was there a new pup, Prince, but Stinger was a teen and allowed to explore with Magma, much to her annoyance.

“This is so boring! There’s only sand, grass, and rocks” Stinger complained as he dragged his paws along the ground.

“If it’s so boring than go back home” Magma replied as she continued forward through the sandy shore.

“But our parents only care about Prince now, they spend all their time watching him” Stinger huffed as he kicked a pebble with his paw, watching it splash into the water. Magma almost said ‘How does it feel’ but held her tongue as she sniffed the air for something new.

Magma’s ears perked up as she smelled something odd and new. Stinger spluttered out some complaints as she darted off toward the scent without even looking at her younger brother making him bolt after her.

“What could’ve possibly made you-” Stinger started before seeing what Magma was staring at. “What is that thing?” He asked as he pushed past his sister to investigate which made Magma grumble and push him back before going first.

“I don’t know, but it smells fine” Magma said after sniffing the odd thing near the tree. Magma used her paw and ended up opening the thing and it smelled better. Stinger perked up and ran over to the thing…before eating whatever was inside without hesitation making Magma stare at him in shock.

“What? It smelled good, and it tastes even better!” Stinger said confused as to why Magma was looking at him like he was challenging a bearyena to a fight.

“If you die I take no responsibility” Magma said as she wondered if they were poisonous.

“Wow what a kind sister you are” Stinger deadpanned as he grumpily continued eating, I mean if it was bad he might as well enjoy his last moments eating something that tastes good.

“That doesn’t mean keep eating it!” Magma said as she batted the thing away from him making it fall into the ocean.

“HEY! That was a waste of food” Stinger said as he sadly looked over at the thing that was now floating off.

“We should ask mom and dad what it is” Magma said as she turned around and started walking.

“I guess” Stinger grumbled as he followed his sister with his paws dragging again.

1293382336_Screenshot(64).thumb.png.29fd66154142fe63c4930763dd53a0e7.png

On their 6th or 7th exploring trip together Magma and Stinger found yet another interesting thing.

“What’s that?” Stinger asked he curiously circled the plant with odd berries on it.

“I’m not sure” Magma simply replied as she sniffed at the plant. Stinger just shrugged and popped a few of the berries into his mouth. “WHA- WHY DO YOU JUST EAT WHATEVER WE FIND WITHOUT A SINGLE SHRED OF CAUTION?!” Magma yelped as she watched her brother eat the berries.

“Well we can’t figure out if they’re edible any other way, and besides they taste fine to me” Stinger said as he ate another. Magma waited for a bit before nibbling one herself, that was a bad choice as she immediately spat it back out.

“Those taste horrific, how are you still eating them??” Magma said as she gulped some nearby water to wash away the taste.

“What do you mean? They taste good” Stinger said with confusion.

“Guess my stomach just doesn’t agree with them” Magma responded as she sniffed out some normal berries.

“Well more for me!” Stinger said as he continued devouring them, with Magma carefully keeping an eye on him in case something did happen. When nothing did she relaxed some and they ate in peace until it started to get dark.

“We should go home, our parents might get worried” Magma said as she looked around.

“No, they would’ve been looking for us if they were” Stinger mumbled as he ate.

“Still, I’d rather not deal with a lecture” Magma said as she got up.

“Okay, we should mark this place though” Stinger said causing Magma to nod before they scent marked the place for later adventures then headed back home.

621714404_Screenshot(65).thumb.png.2176f91b739532b378b6cab4b318a654.png

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1

At this point it was habit for Magma and Stinger to explore outside the territory every few days so they had become used to each other’s company as they poked around the large island they lived on.

“Oh it’s that weird fruit” Magma said before walking in the direction of the bitter scent.

“Huh? What fruit?” Stinger asked as he followed behind her curiously before smelling the air. “Ugh it’s so bitter” He said as he scrunched up his nose.

The two quickly arrived where the fruit was sitting.

“Is it edible?” Stinger asked as he approached it.

“I’m not sure” Magma said as she tried to block her brother from eating it without hesitation. Sadly it was for nothing as the second she wasn’t looking at him he snuck around her and had already taken a bite of the fruit.

“It’s really bitter” Stinger said as his face scrunched up.

“Are you always going to do that?” Magma asked with a defeated sigh.

“Yep. Also it might’ve tasted bitter but the scrapes I got earlier feel much better” Stinger said as he walked around to test it.

“Huh, a healing fruit?” Magma asked as she inspected the rest of the fruit and against her better judgement took a bite of it as well. As he said the scratches she got from some sharp rocks she stepped on earlier felt much better and were in almost no pain at all. “Wow you eating everything we find was pretty helpful” She said with some surprise.

“See it can be a good thing!” Stinger said as he proudly puffed his chest.

“That’s not encouragement” Magma quickly replied to make sure he didn’t take that as a challenge. Stinger deflated with a grumble making Magma snicker as the two continued exploring.

(I forgot a screenshot for this one too wow)

-

At this point they were almost never in their home territory anymore as they enjoyed exploring much more. As Magma and Stinger went back to the bitter healing fruit they encountered something they had only heard about but never seen with their own eyes.

“Is that a bearyena?” Stinger whispered which caught the attention of the large beast and made it turn around and notice the pair which were still frozen in terror. Magma yelped as the beast quickly slammed it’s paw into her side making her fly a few feet away onto the ground.

“HEY!” Stinger growled and launched himself at the beast, stinging it with his tail more out of instinct than anything else. The beast roared in pain and desperately tried to claw at the furious nicheling on its back. In it’s panic it didn’t notice Magma had recovered from being winded and attacked it as well making it snarl and bat at her but she was able to dodge out of the way in time.

After some time playing this ‘game’ the bearyena decided it wasn’t worth it and ran off making Stinger jump off and check on Magma.

“Are you okay??” Stinger asked as he walked up to Magma.

“I’m fine, just got winded nothing serious” Magma said before speaking again “What about you? You were literally on it’s back”

“It only nicked me thankfully” Stinger said making her squint her eyes for a second before sighing and nodding.

“Maybe relaxing in our territory wouldn’t hurt” Magma said as she stretched with a wince.

“Yeah, I wanna take a nap anyways” Stinger agreed before the two went back home to rest.

5.png.f9060b653732d7c09d0080f995b14efe.png

“Where have you two been? We haven’t seen you all day!” Wildfire said as he spotted Magma and Stinger making them look over in surprise.

“Nothing serious just got attacked by a bearyena” Stinger said bitterly, with both him and Magma wondering why they suddenly care now.

“A BEARYENA?! But there hasn’t been a single scent of it on our territory, how did it sneak by?” Wildfire said as Scarlet simply gave them a stern stare.

“They must’ve sneaked off of our territory than” Scarlet spoke up making Magma scoff. ‘So they didn’t notice or care before, wow’ She thought bitterly.

“You just noticed that?! Do you not care about us at all?!” Stinger growled causing Wildfire to look down in shame while Prince snickered.

“Well I’m the youngest, they probably thought you could take care of yourselves but I guess not huh?” Prince said making Stinger bristle and Magma just blankly stare at him.

“I don’t want to hear it when all you do is sit around and eat berries!” Stinger growled making Prince bitter.

“No! I help clear grass and make sure the territory stays strong!” He replied as he took a step towards Stinger.

“There’s no need to fight like pups, you’re all teens now” Scarlet said making the three siblings look at her with varying degrees of irritation.

“Didn’t you fight with your siblings too?” Stinger huffed.

“I didn’t have siblings” Scarlet simply responded.

“Well than you wouldn’t know about it” Magma responded bitterly.

“But I’m your mother so I expect you three to get along, siblings are supposed to be close right?” Scarlet said more like a statement than an actual question.

‘I get along with Magma just fine, I don’t need to get along with all my siblings’ Stinger thought as he simply turned away from Prince and wandered toward a berry bush. Magma simply rolled her eyes and followed Stinger, not wanting to be around Prince if she didn’t need to.

6.png.4fdaaa091f9d6a9df7bfee570e122de5.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

“We did focus too much on our newest pup” Wildfire said after their pups had wandered off to their respective activities. Scarlet just looked up at her mate before speaking.

“Well of course we needed to keep an eye on the younger ones, the older one’s can handle themselves” Scarlet said simply making Wildfire look over in surprise.

“Even after seeing what happened today? We should spend more time with Stinger and especially Magma, we haven’t spent any real time with her since she was a pup” He said as he felt guilt settle in his chest.

“They have each other’s company, they’ll be fine as long as they be more careful next time” Scarlet said making the usually peaceful Wildfire start to bristle.

“They’re obviously not! Young nichelings, even teen nichelings, need their parents company sometimes even if they seem like they don’t need it!” He responded with irritation lacing his tone.

“Oh and you’re the expert? You’ve done the exact same thing I did” Scarlet said as she narrowed her eyes at him.

“I never said I was, but at least I realize that what I’ve done is wrong and is hurting them. You’re acting like they’re making a scene over a small thorn in their paw when they’ve been…neglected by us, of course they’re angry with us!” Wildfire started to growl as his mate seemed to not be remorseful at all.

“They’ll get over it, I mean Magma’s almost an adult by now so she’ll see reason” Scarlet said making Wildfire extremely angry before sighing in defeat.

“We’re no longer mates” Wildfire gave a monotone reply which finally got a reaction as Scarlet whipped her head to look at him in shock.

“What? But we’ve been through so much together, don’t you remember why we came here?!” She snarled making Wildfire scoff.

“Of course, but I don’t think I can be mates with someone who thinks our pups will ‘get over’ us neglecting them. I thought you were better than them” Wildfire said with feelings of guilt, pain, and sadness all turning in his chest making him almost feel ill.

“So what, you’re gonna kick me out of the territory to fend for myself?!” Scarlet continued in disbelief. ‘After all we’ve been through’ she thought to herself in shock.

“No, you can stay. But we’re no longer mates, just packmates now” Wildfire said simply before turning around and walking away before his emotions made him run back to the mate he’s had since he was a teen.

Scarlet just stared after Wildfire with a blank expression, still feeling like this was just a nightmare. ‘I thought you said you’d never leave me, what a pathetic promise’ She thought with irritation.

7.png.e32cf7361449ca5c4bec9a287a05d667.png

To say things were tense in the pack would be an understatement, it felt suffocating. Like one wrong word would start an argument type of suffocating. Magma and Stinger didn’t exactly stick around and went exploring even more than usual, which is an impressive feat considering they were almost never in their home territory before.

Prince was extremely bitter about the whole thing.

‘Why did they have to come back only to start a fight. Everything was amazing before they started yelling at our parents. Now everything is so tense, why did those two troublemakers have to ruin everything!?’ He thought to himself as he looked at the crabbit that skittered away from him.

‘Now I have to deal with the fallout of this whole thing while they prance away on an adventure without any responsibilities’ He continued his thoughts as he started to rip some tall grass to expand their territory a little as he felt more room to breathe would make this slightly more bearable.

‘I’m sure they’ll get their karma soon enough, for not leaving it alone when it was fine’ He finished his spiral of thoughts as his paw scraped a sharp rock in the sand making him let out a hiss of pain. Prince just sighed and decided to sleep off his stress to ignore it another day.

8.png.978eabddcae473f7082774be0fa6b4ba.png

Magma and Stinger decided to live as loners for now as living in their pack was anxiety inducing and stressful.

“How do we even live as loners, we’ve always been in a pack” Stinger asked as the two walked aimlessly through the tall grasses.

“In case you haven’ noticed we’ve basically already been living as loners with how much we left the territory” Magma pointed out.

“I guess but we’ve always had somewhere to go back to” Stinger said while walking over a rabill burrow.

“Well maybe we could find a place to make a small territory if it makes you feel better” Magma responded as she smelled for a berry bush.

“Loners can have territory?” Stinger asked with a tilt of his head.

“I’m not exactly sure but as long as we aren’t encroaching on another pack’s territory I don’t see why not” Magma said as she found that berry bush. “Maybe somewhere near this, for a nearby foot source” She said as she looked over at Stinger.

“Sounds good to me!” Stinger said so the two started to clear grass nearby to start a small territory.

After spending most of the day doing that Magma stiffened. “Do you smell that?” She asked as she looked around. Curiously Stinger sniffed the air too and became tense.

“That’s another nicheling” Stinger simply replied before the two tracked down the scent and came face to face with another nicheling.

“Who are you?” Magma asked suspiciously as she stared at the nicheling.

“No need to be so tense, I’m Porcupine. What are two pack nichelings doing out here?” The nicheling responded though their body languge implied they were more afraid then they let on.

“We just left our pack, we’re gonna be loners!” Stinger said being curious about this new nicheling, I mean the only nichelings he saw before were from his family.

“Oh well maybe I could help, I’ve been a loner my whole life” Porcupine said as she watched the two former pack nichelings.

“No offense but we just met you we’ll be fi-” Magma started but Stinger interrupted.

“Oh c’mon we need help with this whole loner thing! And besides strength in numbers and all that” He said causing Magma to sigh.

“Fine” She said with defeat while Porcupine perked up, happy they didn’t automatically run her off or something.

“Well thank you! Let’s start with a few basics. So first of all if you’re a loner be wary of pack nichelings, they can be nice but a lot of them will run you off or worse” Porcupine instructed making the two just nod and continue listening.

“Second keep your territory small unless you have more numbers, a big loner territory with few loners will be taken by packs especially if they have things like lots of food or nests” She continued as the two nodded and made mental notes of what she was saying, Magma may be suspicious of this nicheling but things like that sound true enough to not brush off.

“And third be wary of what loners you let in your group because while we have a tendency to be nicer to each other there will always be rotten berries” Porcupine said making Magma squint at her. “I know I’m a new nicheling and a random loner but I see no point in trying anything, especially seeing how big you are and how you have a scorpion tail and fangs” Porcupine said as she looked at Magma and Stinger respectively with some fear at what they could do if they wanted to try and hurt her.

“That’s the basic stuff. Oh by the way I never got your names?” Porcupine asked slightly shrinking under Magma’s gaze.

“Oh I’m Stinger!” Stinger spoke up without any issue as Porcupine hadn’t done anything bad.

“Magma” Was all Magma said as she didn’t really trust this nicheling.

“You have some nice names” Porcupine said. “Um would it be alright if I stayed with you two for a little bit, I haven’t had company for a while” She continued as she pointedly looked away from Magma.

“We can’t invite a random nicheling to stay with us while we sleep” Magma said.

“Oh c’mon it’ll be fine, besides we can fight if we need to” Stinger replied.

“Fine” Was the clipped response Magma gave. Stinger beamed in excitement and Porcupine deflated in relief at the thought of company. The three spent the night talking and collecting berries.

9.png.0bce3f0ddd8f24b50340a6f3253685d3.png

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1

“Who’s that?” Prince asked as Scarlet approached him with a stranger nicheling.

“This is Crow. I actually talked to the other pack and mentioned you and how you were my pup and apparently a lot of the girls there jumped at the chance to find a mate in another pack. I chose Crow because she is very knowledgeable and would be amazing at helping you run the pack when we’re gone, I mean we are getting older” Scarlet said making Prince feel a pang of hurt at the fact she chose his mate for him but he trusted his mother’s judgement so he shoved it down in favor of greeting the new nicheling.

“Hello Crow, I’m Prince and I can’t wait to get to know you” Prince spoke with a smile, excited to get to know a new nicheling that isn’t family.

“Greetings, it’s a pleasure to meet you as well” Crow said in a completely formal manner, she didn’t know this nicheling and even if she would be his mate it would be for his position as heir, making Prince deflate slightly before perking back up at his mother’s words.

“Why don’t you show her around the territory? She’ll be staying here after all” Scarlet said making Prince nod.

“Of course! C’mon I’ll show you where everything is so you’ll feel home in no time!” Prince said happily as he got up and started to walk to show her the best spots first.

“Sounds good to me” Crow replied as she felt irritation at how overly happy Prince was, weren’t pack heirs supposed to act more mature and serious? But she didn’t let it show on her face as she followed him around for the tour, knowing this would be a long day.

10.png.fab322556fdf2702ed9c7f02ba5a9d2d.png

After some time Magma had started to relax more around Porcupine, to the point where she decided she could leave her and Stinger alone without worrying she would hurt him. Which led to Porcupine and Stinger talking by themselves for once.

“Your sister is quite the nicheling isn’t she?” Porcupine asked making Stinger sigh.

“Sorry about her, we’ve never met nichelings outside of our family but I didn’t think she’d be that suspicious of a new nicheling” He said as he plucked at the tall grass.

“Well I did just randomly join you guys, I wouldn’t be thrilled at a random nicheling trying to join my group without knowing anything about them” Porcupine said with a shrug.

“Well since she went off to get food maybe we could talk about you, like were you born a loner?” Stinger asked making Porcupine wince as a flood of memories washed over her.

“Ah no, I was kicked out of my old pack” Porcupine said causing Stinger to feel embarrassed asking such a personal question.

“Oh sorry, I didn’t know” He said, hoping it wouldn’t ruin his chances of a friendship with her.

“It’s fine, it was a long time ago anyway” Porcupine dismissed easily.

“Well me and my sister left our pack because of some…family problems” Stinger spoke up.

“You don’t have to tell me” Porcupine said as she worried if he felt forced.

“Don’t worry I want to. Basically our parents always focused on the newest pup and completely ignored the last, me and Magma only started getting along because our younger brother was born and took all their attention. This ended up causing our parents to fight as our dad felt really bad about it, but them breaking up and sharing the same territory meant it started to feel really tense to the point we couldn’t stay there anymore” Stinger explained.

“Oh, well I hope the loner life will be better for you two” Porcupine said. ‘So that’s probably why Magma is so cold and constantly exploring isn’t it?’ She thought before Stinger spoke again.

“Well so far it’s so much better! I mean we even met you and it’s great to meet a new nicheling” Stinger said making Porcupine feel slightly sheepish because he was so excited over meeting someone as plain as her.

“Well I’m happy to show you two the ropes, you’re both pretty sweet nichelings” Porcupine said bashfully.

“Thank you! Though I don’t know what Magma would think of being called sweet. Don’t worry I won’t actually tell her” Stinger said noticing Porcupine’s nervous body language.

“You two are sweet though, even loners would probably not let a random nicheling join their group so easily” Porcupine spoke honestly, being accepted by these two felt…nice.

“Oh, maybe you could tell me a funny memory you’ve had as a loner?” Stinger asked making Porcupine perk up.

“Oh yeah! There was this loner I traveled with for a bit and one time he tried to stick his head in a rabill burrow and got stuck, I laughed so hard and it took till the next morning to pull his head out of it” Porcupine said with a snicker meanwhile Stinger started laughing really hard.

“Really? That’s so funny I would’ve loved to see that” Stinger said, pushing down his questions of who this loner was.

The rest of the day was spent making jokes and sharing stories until Magma returned with food.

15.png.8088db239fe35134aa9700d70749ce7a.png

“May I ask where we’re going?” Crow asked as Prince led her somewhere. Prince’s trot stuttered a little at her phrasing but he continued onward.

“Of course, we’re going somewhere nice. I mean I know we’re already mates but we should know each other more” He said as he happily continued toward the spot he chose for them to enjoy each other’s company.

“I see” Crow simply responded, suspicious and wondering if he had ulterior motives with this. Prince’s ears slightly lowered at the still formal tone of his mate.

They soon arrived at the edge of their territory, a sandy shore and a place to see the sea for miles.

“I planned it so we could watch the sunset together” Prince smiled as he looked at his mate with burning excitement at seeing something so pretty together, only for it to be doused by the indifferent look on her face.

“Oh, it’s very nice” Crow said, though it would be a lie to say she hated such a pretty sight along with her mate being so sweet to plan this for them. She didn’t expect this from a pack heir at all.

“Of course, my mate deserves everything. Also may I say your fur is very pretty in this lighting” Prince said as he admired the way the pink and yellow light reflected on Crow’s pelt.

“Oh um thank you, you look p- nice too” Crow said a little less formal as she stopped herself from calling him pretty, not knowing if that would signal her being really close to him.

“Well thank you too. Also if you wouldn’t mind I wanted to ask…what was your birth pack like?” Prince asked and immediately regretted it as he watched Crow straighten back up and speak completely formally again.

“It was good” Was the only thing she said but she knew that was a lie, but she didn’t exactly know if that would change Prince’s opinion of her. ‘When do I care what he thinks? I’m only here to get the power that comes with being the leader’s mate’ Crow thought though even she didn’t know if that was completely honest.

“Oh, Okay” Prince said deciding to drop it. “Why don’t we enjoy the view while we can?” he continued which made Crow slightly relax at him not pushing the subject.

“Sounds good” Crow replied as she looked at the setting sun, feeling almost…peaceful for once. ‘Maybe this won’t be as bad as I thought’ she thought to herself.

The two spent time watching the sunset before they left to sleep for the night.

12.png.5f726de289bdc18f36c608f0b704bff6.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Some more time had passed and Magma was starting to be genuinely relaxed around Porcupine.

“Do we really need to patrol again? I mean if nothing has happened yet I don’t think it will” Stinger grumbled as him and Porcupine followed Magma around to patrol their territory again.

Instead of answering Magma simply stood straight up before walking in a certain direction. When Stinger sniffed the air he noticed why as the scent of a strange nicheling reached his nose and made him follow after Magma. Porcupine followed nervously, knowing the nicheling that scent belonged to and knowing that them and Magma might not mix well.

“Who are you and what are you doing on our territory” Magma growled at the nicheling making them blink in slight shock before regaining their composure.

“Wow, calm down. I’m Pebble and there’s no need to be so prickly” The nicheling said as they observed the three nichelings before their eyes landed on Porcupine. “Oh hey Porcupine, why are you hanging out with someone so hostile?” Pebble said making Magma flick an ear toward Porcupine while Porcupine shrunk a little bit at the question.

“Magma’s not that hostile unless she doesn’t know you” Porcupine quietly spoke as she refused to look at Stinger and Magma.

“You know Porcupine?!” Stinger asked as he looked between the two.

“Yeah, we used to travel together before splitting because we wanted to explore different places. It was a lot of fun, didn’t expect her to settle somewhere though” Pebble replied with a casual shrug.

“I haven’t settled down” Porcupine responded defensively, not really believing that herself as she didn’t exactly feel like leaving.

“Oh ok, well I wanna take a break anyways so would y’all mind if I stayed here for a bit?” Pebble asked.

“Why would we let a random nicheling, that we don’t even know anything about, stay in our territory?” Magma asked coldly as she scanned the nicheling.

“Oh! Well my favorite food is rabills and I love sleeping in the sun, now you know some stuff about me” Pebble said with an easygoing smile which just served to irritate Magma further.

“How could we trust you to not kill us in our sleep?” Magma asked making Pebble give out an exasperated sigh.

“You are quite a paranoid nicheling aren’t you? Why would I do that if I have a place to sleep and some food?” Pebble replied as they looked at Magma, wondering why she was so suspicious.

“To take our territory” Magma simply responded as she tried to stare down this new nicheling.

“If I did that would also mean less protection from bearyena, that would be a horrific choice on my end” Pebble said honestly making Magma squint but nod.

“Fine, but don’t try anything” Magma finally spoke with defeat.

“Now we have another nicheling in our group!” Stinger said with a grin as he realized this loner thing could be much more fun than he originally thought.

“I suppose it’s nice to be able to chat with you again” Porcupine said with a slight smile at her old friend.

“Agreed, it’s been too long I have to know what adventures you’ve gone on without me” Pebble said as they sauntered over to Porcupine.

With that the group finished their patrol before returning to the heart of their territory to relax.

13.png.d942e50616d117086f32134e16bd17f2.png

If Crow had learned anything about Prince it was that he wasn’t forceful, at least in the way of forcing her to do anything. He didn’t try to force her to come with him if she didn’t want to, he didn’t force her to spend every second with him, and he never tried to pressure her into having pups if she wasn’t ready. It was odd to her when in her pack the pack’s heirs were forceful and got what they wanted whenever they wanted.

“-llo are you listening?” Prince asked with concern as he noticed Crow mindlessly walking after him.

“Yes I’m fine” Crow said as her voice slightly cracked from nervousness at being caught zoning out.

“Oh well that’s fine! I was wondering if you wanted to come with me on a hunt” Prince responded as he tilted his head at his mate.

“Sure, rabill sounds good anyways” Crow replied.

“Great! I know a good spot to find them” Prince chirped before turning around and leading Crow to the spot.

‘Maybe…maybe I do genuinely love him’ Crow thought letting herself have a small smile as Prince looked ahead.

14.png.a947ae0dc3061d130e661300a20e9cbe.png

“Listen I know I haven’t been here really long but it’s so obvious you have a crush on Stinger” Pebble said casually making Porcupine heat up as she turned to Pebble.

“SHHH, what if he hears you??” Porcupine said which just made Pebble smirk.

“So you do~ Why don’t you just confess? The worst he can do is reject you” Pebble responded with a shrug, not really understanding how this could be such a big deal, making Porcupine sigh.

“It’s not that simple! I can’t just confess, and besides they could kick me out” She replied as she looked at the ground.

“Hey, how about this? If they kick you out we could travel together like old times, and what if he accepts?” Pebble asked as they looked at Porcupine, trying to comfort her.

“Fine, if this goes wrong I’m blaming you though” Porcupine sighed making Pebble smile.

“Fair enough” They replied before Porcupine slipped away to find Stinger.

Porcupine took a deep breathe as she approached Stinger.

“Hi Porcupine, need something?” He asked as he turned towards her.

“I…I might uh love you and want to be mates with you?” Porcupine squeaked out, mentally hitting herself for just blurting it without thinking.

“…You do?” Stinger asked, wondering if she was being serious. ‘Could she really share my feelings?’ He thought hopefully.

“Yes” Porcupine forced out, refusing to look Stinger in the eye.

“I feel the same way! I was worried you wouldn’t so I didn’t say anything” Stinger said with a nervous laugh making Porcupine’s eyes widen in shock.

“Um I love you” Porcupine said.

“I love you too” Stinger said with a smile.

15.png.3ede81919e0d1dafc682cfaccf39990d.png

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Prince had finally reached the spot that he was leading to and he was right, there were rabill everywhere here.

“Look that one’s really close” Prince said in barely a whisper as he gestured to a nearby rabill. Crow nodded before stalking towards it and when she got close she pounced and bit it in the neck. Crow had startled some other rabill in the process so Prince ran up to one on the other side of the place and quickly killed it as well.

They both noticed a rabill was trying to limp away so they both ran after it before noticing the other and trying to stop themselves from running into each other. They did stop before hitting each other but it did lead to them accidentally bumping snouts with each other.

Prince froze in shock and embarrassment and ended up staring at Crow while Crow had froze as well and felt her fur rapidly heat up at the realization. The two sprang away from each other like they were burned, though their skin certainly felt like fire.

“I’m s-so sorry I-” “Didn’t notice you th-” They both spoke at the same time before looking at each other.

“Um it’s fine, I wasn’t paying attention to my surroundings” Prince said with a sheepish smile.

“I wasn’t either” Crow said as she looked at the ground.

“…We should bring all this food back home” Prince said as a subject change, which made Crow feel relived, as he tried to not think about what just happened. ‘I’m her mate, that shouldn’t be so embarrassing’ He thought to himself as he picked up his rabill.

“You’re right, it would be a shame to let this food go to waste” Crow agreed as she picked up hers and followed Prince back to their territory.

After getting home and relaxing for a while the two laid down to sleep.

“Goodnight, love you” Crow said with a rare casual tone, being too tired to think about what she said. But Prince definitely did as he felt his fur heat up again. Before he could ask he noticed she was asleep.

“I love you too” He simply said with a love struck smile before laying his head down to sleep, content and peaceful.

16.png.2ebc19bcfeae1c0f50222a4ffc55e6f8.png

Instead of being the happy time it would usually be, Porcupine and Stinger having two pups was terrifying as it was only a few hours later when a bearyena showed up right by the nest.

“How did it even sneak past us?!” Stinger said as he launched himself at the bearyena and stung it to protect his pups. Porcupine and Stinger felt like their world slowed down as instead of running away the bearyena made a beeline for the nest.

Porcupine froze in fear and Pebble was too far away but thankfully Magma stepped in and started helping fight the bearyena away from the nest, which thankfully worked.

Pebble realized they couldn’t see Porcupine and Stinger’s second pup but was relieved to find them cowering in the grass, safe and sound.

At first it was going great, the bearyena was backing up and looking like it was going to leave but then something happened. The bearyena managed to get to Stinger, who on it’s back, and threw him which caused him to slam his head into a rock making Magma pause.

Porcupine ran to check on him and felt like her blood had turned to ice as she saw a lot of blood leaking out of his head. She panicked and started dragging him to the healing fruit he’d told her about before but sadly it was too late when she got there, he was already gone.

‘Magma’s probably going to kill me’ Porcupine thought in terror as she realized there really was no way to bring Stinger back, and she would have to raise the pups without him. She gulped and mentally prepared to face Magma as she started walking back.

17.png.927f86043892de3687b81cfd9128053b.png

Crow had been extremely embarrassed about her confession for a little bit but she decided to accept it and even thought about their future, and decided that she wanted a future with Prince.

“So where are we going now?” Crow asked with a little amusement in her tone.

“To see the sunset again. I mean it was really nice last time and you seemed fine with it” Prince replied as he happily trotted toward their destination.

“Oh, I’d like that” Crow said as she wondered if it’s be the exact same place.

It was in fact the same place as last time. Crow worked up the courage to say what she wanted to as she took a deep breathe.

“I wanted to tell you something” She said making Prince look over at her.

“Oh? What is it?” He asked.

“I um, I’ve decided that if you want pups I would be good with it” Crow forced out feeling oddly nervous.

“…Really?!” Prince asked excitedly, happy both because of what she said and also that it wasn’t the break up talk he was worried it’d be.

“Y–yeah” Crow said with a sheepish smile.

“Oh I can’t wait! I have so many names for them, they’ll be so amazing and we can show them all the best berries and-” Prince excitedly rambled making Crow smile a bit bigger.

‘I’m happy I chose to be this pack heir’s mate’ She thought as Prince continued to ramble.

18.png.7c1c25b5ca1849b5352e769d873681fa.png

• Like 3

After returning to the territory Porcupine went to talk to Magma but she just wordlessly turned around and stalked off into the tall grasses.

“Don’t look so down, she’s just grieving” Pebble said as they saw Porcupine’s pained expression.

“She probably hates me though, I mean if I hadn’t froze up…” She said as she stared into the distance.

“If she really truly hated you she probably would’ve yelled or something when she saw you, or kicked you out of the territory” Pebble responded as an attempt to reassure their friend.

“That might just be because of the pups though, they are all that’s left of Stinger” Porcupine said as her thoughts turned more anxious.

“Even if that is true at least it gives her time to calm down and you could talk it out with her” Pebble replied trying to snap Porcupine out of her thoughts.

“I guess…I guess you’re right” She said with a deep breathe.

“See it’ll be fine! And even if something does happen we’ll travel together again so you have an extra set of paws with those pups of yours” Pebble continued as they looked toward said pups, with Mouse chasing Ram around with a berry bush branch.

“Thank you, I’ll hold you to that” Porcupine said with relief at having a back up plan just in case.

19.png.5223dfb10b85d2ca8f548f7a14a7ec95.png

Crow and Prince had their pups and ended up with three, which was unexpected but they did their best.

“Rust stop biting Cardinal’s ear, and Cardinal stop trying to take extra berries from your siblings!” Crow scolded making the two pups grumble but separate and do what they’re told.

“Why am I in trouble? I was protecting my food!” Rust defended himself.

“Yes but you shouldn’t bite each other” Prince spoke up making Rust huff but not argue anymore. Meanwhile Royal sighed at her brother’s antics, just wanting to eat in peace for once.

“It’s time to sleep” Crow spoke after the pups ate their berries.

“But I’m not tired, I wanna play” Rust whined, wondering why he couldn’t play longer.

“It’s dangerous when it gets dark, you could get hurt” Crow continued hoping Rust would give up easily for once.

“I’ll be careful, and I’m super strong so I’d beat em up before they could touch me!” Rust said proudly as he swiped at the air to try and prove his point.

“They’re really strong even me and your mom can’t beat them alone” Prince said trying to help convince Rust.

“Well maybe I can!” Rust insisted.

“Well they might go after us instead, and you should stay here to keep us safe” Prince said trying to see if playing along would help convince him.

“Hmm…you’re right!”  Rust said agreeing with that, much to Crow and Prince’s relief.

“Alright, come on then” Crow said as she led them to their nests before all of them slept for the night.

20.png.860a2752ca7a61587b57adbac5816ba3.png

Porcupine felt she nearly had a heart attack as she watched Magma stumble through the heart of the territory with some bad claw marks and blood. She quickly told Pebble to watch the pups before following after Magma, she might be afraid but she doesn’t want Magma to die either.

“Shouldn’t you rest with those injuries?” Porcupine asked as she matched her pace with Magma’s.

“I will after I eat some of that healing fruit” Magma said as she continued stumbling towards her goal, just wanting to be alone.

“How did you even get those injuries? You seemed fine after the fight” Porcupine’s mouth moved faster than she could think which she internally winced at.

“…Took care of that bearyena” Was the simple response Magma gave but it was enough for Porcupine to figure out what happened.

“Well I’ll come with you just to make sure you’re okay” Porcupine said, not exactly trusting Magma to make it with the blood that was leaking from her wounds.

“I’m not weak” Magma growled a little as she tried to push herself to go faster, which made her trip and fall with a groan of pain.

“A-are you okay?!” Porcupine asked as she went to help but Magma swatted her away.

“I’m fine” Magma replied as she got back up and continued on her journey.

The two eventually reached the fruit so Magma took a few bites and sighed in relief as the wounds started to heal pretty fast.

“That stuff works pretty well huh?” Porcupine asked in wonder.

“Yeah, it works well” Magma said before turning around and walking back to the territory.

The two went back home to watch the pups play and keep an eye on them.

21.png.3bfc9be6eeb03e550c7389b772eb0448.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

“Oh are these your pups?” Prince’s ears perked up at that voice making him look over and see his mom.

“Yes they are, why didn’t you visit sooner? Or dad?” Prince asked as she walked over to Scarlet.

“I was busy and Wildfire died” Scarlet said casually with news that felt like it hit Prince in the chest with the force of a bearyena.

“WHAT?! I-” Prince then stopped and remembered something. “Would you take the pups to play in the field?” He asked as he looked at his mate.

“Of course” Crow said before herding the pups away.

“When were you going to tell me that?!” Prince exclaimed when the pups were out of earshot.

“He’s not my mate so he isn’t my concern anymore” Scarlet said with a painfully casual shrug.

“But he’s my dad! Why didn’t you think to tell me?!” Prince asked trying to shove down the way his sibling’s words rang in his ears. ‘Do you not care about us at all?!’ Stinger’s words rang through his ears again and again, how were his siblings anyway? They were all teens when they last saw each other.

“You could’ve looked for him yourself if you were that concerned” Scarlet responded as she looked at her son with indifference.

“You know what? They were right! Magma and Stinger were right! YOU DON’T CARE ABOUT ANY OF US, YOU NEVER HAVE HAVE YOU?!” Prince yelled, feeling betrayal and agony settle in his heart with the weight of a boulder.

“Of course I care! I took care of you all, and I’ve been nothing but kind to you!” Scarlet snarled which just made Prince angrier.

“I WISH I LEFT WITH THEM! Now I see why they hated you…” Prince said with exhaustion as he left to find his mate and pups, tuning out his mother’s arguments.

22.png.7f91fc33ffd9cff9cb3c476dc5e92dc7.png

“We really shouldn’t be sneaking out the territory by ourselves, it’s dangerous” Ram said as she regretted following her sister.

“C’mon it’ll be fun! Besides something as big a bearyena couldn’t be quiet enough to sneak up on us” Mouse said as she pressed onward, excited by the thought of being able to find something new.

“Well what do we do if we find one?” Ram asked as she resigned herself to her fate.

“I can fight em! And besides you have those horns, those would be great for battling” Mouse replied as she continued pushing through the tall grass.

“I don’t want to fight though. I wanna stay home and relax” Ram said as she nervously scanned around her, as much as she could with the tall grasses anyway.

“Well even if you stay home you’ll have to fight someday so it’s better we learn now!” Mouse explained as she felt slight irritation at the lack of anything exciting on their journey.

“If we keep the territory well marked I think we’ll be fine” Ram said while feeling her nerves rise with every small noise in the grasses.

“Better to be prepared” Mouse huffed as she continued forward.

“Mouse! Ram!” The two froze in place as they heard their names called in a familiar voice.

“That’s mom, we’re gonna be in trouble” Ram said as she recognized the voice.

“Not if we don’t get caught” Mouse said as she started to bolt in a random direction before colliding with a wall of fur.

“What were you two thinking going off without telling anyone?!” Magma slightly growled making the two freeze up.

“We were just exploring, we were being careful” Mouse said with a nervous grin at being caught.

“There you two are! We were worried sick!” Porcupine said as she finally found the three nichelings.

“I just wanted to explore” Mouse huffed while Ram just silently looked at everyone.

“If you asked me or your aunt would’ve gone with you” Porcupine said as she checked the two for injuries.

“Let’s go home before it gets dark” Magma said, feeling more relief than her face or tone would suggest, before turning around and walking.

The four went home for the night.

23.png.85d042d6ec129a5cecb4a140f34f5814.png

Royal and Cardinal were patrolling the territory, with nothing exciting happening, until they found an unknown nicheling.

“What are you doing on pack territory?” Royal asked with a calm and cold tone, which served to make the nicheling nervous.

“I-I didn’t mean to be on pack territory, I was just looking for food and smelled berries” The nicheling said as they carefully observed the pack nichelings.

“And you could smell berries but not the scent marking around the territory?” Cardinal asked as he puffed himself up to look bigger.

“I was too f-focused on the berries to pay attention” The nicheling said, hoping they wouldn’t try to kill them for this.

“What a stupid exscuse, we should make an example out of you” Cardinal said as he raised his stinger making the nicheling yelp and shrink as small as they could before Royal spoke up.

“Maybe they’re being honest. And besides wouldn’t a new pack member be good?” She asked making Cardinal stop.

“You’re right, they don’t smell like a pack nicheling and no one else seems to be around. Do you have a pack?” He asked seeming much calmer, which confused the new nicheling.

“N-no I d-don’t have a pack” The nicheling spoke, wondering if everyone in that pack was like this.

“Then you could be part of ours, I know Cardinal was cruel” Royal spoke, sending Cardinal a glare which he just grinned at. “But if you join the pack you won’t be a threat anymore and you’d have things like food and protection” Royal continued as she waited for this new nicheling’s answer.

“Well I-if you guys won’t attack me I-I guess?” The nicheling spoke.

“Great! Well your new home’s this way” Cardinal said before turning around and leading the two back to the territory.

24.png.2f8c8539cde13487787ca359dc31a876.png

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1

(Sorry y'all! I didn't mean to not update this for a bit there)

“Are you sure you don’t need help?” Pebble asked as they watched Magma drag herself along.

“I’m fine! Just a bit more tired than usual” She said as she felt exhaustion wash over her even more.

“You have been for the past moon!” Pebble snapped in irritation at Magma’s stubborn nature.(Yes I’m using the warrior cat term becuase I feel they wouldn’t know what a month is-)

“…I guess you can help if you want” Magma replied, bitter about seeming weaker than before.

“Thank you” Pebble said, knowing this is the closest they were gonna get to Magma asking for help. Pebble then let Magma lean on them to help Magma walk.

“I just don’t know what happened” Magma said making Pebble look over in curiosity. “I was fine then I kept getting weaker and weaker, even the healing fruit won’t help anymore” She continued with a sigh.

“Maybe all the injuries you got are catching up to you?” Pebble said and internally winced at the fact that came out harsher than they meant it to.

“Ha maybe you’re right” Magma said with a bitter laugh as she considered the possibility.

It was silent until they got to Magma’s nest so she could sleep.

“Thank you” Magma said making Pebble blink and look over. “I know I’m not the nicest nicheling or the easiest to get along with so…thank you for still helping me, you’re kind” Magma finished her thoughts with a slight wheeze.

“…You’re welcome, I know you just miss him” Pebble said with some shock at Magma’s words.

“Yeah, I never realized how much I relied on his company until…” Magma trailed off but they both knew what she meant.

“That’s how it usually goes” Pebble says making Magma almost speak but decide to hold her tongue.

“Goodnight” Magma said making Pebble nod before going to their own nest.

(I forgot to screenshot for this oops)

-

“Who is this?” Crow asked as she looked at the young, cream colored nicheling in front of her.

“I-I’m Lemon” The nicheling spoke quietly as he observed the pack nichelings warily.

“Lemon wanted to join the pack, I mean there were no other nichelings around them either” Royal said making Prince perk up.

“Well a bigger pack would be great!” He chirped excitedly wondering if this would help make their pack even better.

“Well they don’t seem like a threat so it’s fine with me” Crow said as she looked at Lemon.

“W-wait is inviting a random nicheling into the pack such a good idea?” Rust asked as he looked at the new nicheling judgmentally, making Lemon shrink under his gaze.

“They don’t seem like a very threatening nicheling to me. Also I’m sure they’re smart enough to know how badly betraying us would go when they’re completely alone” Cardinal replied as a thinly veiled threat.

“Don’t be rude Cardinal” Crow warned making Cardinal grumble but not refute her statement.

“Well it seems like you’re part of the pack now, so go eat some berries since you were hungry earlier” Royal said as she went to lay down.

Everyone went to do their usual activities as Lemon went to eat some of those berries.

25.png.a3858698eb9e227a6c009fff9860264f.png

Porcupine knew something was wrong when she heard Magma growl.

“Who are you and what are you doing in our territory?” Magma did the same thing she did to Porcupine and Pebble when they first arrived but Pebble noticed that it was…weaker. It wasn’t that she looked pathetic or anything but it looked less intimidating than when they got the same treatment.

‘I guess that exhaustion or sickness or whatever it is is really taking a toll on her huh?’ Pebble thought with sadness as they watched the interaction unfold.

“I’m Smoke, I didn’t mean to intrude” The nicheling replied with surrendering tone.

“Are you alone?” Porcupine found herself asking faster than she could think about it.

“Well I do travel alone, why?” The nicheling asked not feeling unnerved but curious, and perhaps having a bit of love at first sight with this group loner nicheling.

“I-I didn’t smell any pack scent or any other nicheling scent on you” Porcupine said.

“Maye we could invite this nicheling into our group” Pebble said making Magma’s head snap towards them.

“Absolutely not. We don’t know their intentions, they could be a spy or could kill us in our sleep” Magma said as she went to take a threatening step towards Smoke but ended up falling on the ground because of the fatigue she felt all over making her fur burn with embarrassment.

“Are you alright?” Smoke asked with genuine concern but that just made Magma more irritated.

“I’m fine! I guess we could invite them in but one wrong move and they’re out” Magma just agreed as she wanted out of this embarrassing situation as fast as she could.

“Oh, thank you?” Smoke said as he blinked in confusion at Magma’s quickly retreating figure.

“Don’t mind her she’s a bit…territorial” Pebble said as they approached the new nicheling.

“I can tell” Smoke said.

“I could show you some good berry spots” Porcupine said making Smoke feel a giddy feeling rise in his chest.

“Sure, lead the way” Smoke replied as they went to tour the territory.

26.png.b8405a17310f374cca8ea85b3a7f9e58.png

• Like 3

(With the way my motivation crashed and burned I think I'll change the upload schedule to every other day so I don't over do it)

Rust huffed in irritation as he saw Lemon approach him while he was trying to take a nap.

“Hey uh Rust?” Lemon asked as he walked over to him.

“What do you want?” Rust asked with a sigh.

“Prince said that me and you should do a patrol to make sure everything is as usual” Lemon said nervous as he knew Rust didn’t exactly love his company, but he also wasn’t willing to ignore doing things that the leaders of the pack asked him to do.

“Alright, let’s go” Rust said as he got up, grumpy that he wouldn’t get that nap after all.

The two set off to patrol the territory and sniff around for anything strange.

“I smell some rabills, shouldn’t we hunt them?” Lemon asked as he sniffed the air.

“We have our berries, we don’t need anymore than that” Rust simply replied as he kept an eye and ear out for anything out of place.

“Oh, I guess packs do that differently” Lemon said as he took in that information.

“What do you mean, do loners do something different?” Rust asked with genuine curiosity.

“Yeah, loners always have some extra food on paw in case something happens to our usual food source. Me and my family always buried some rabills in the ground in case the berries were affected by a drought” Lemon explained, happy to talk about his life as a loner.

“I suppose that wouldn’t be a bad idea if bad things happen to your food sources, though in this pack our food sources have never failed us” Rust replied as it made him have a few questions. “Though you mentioned your family, why aren’t you with them?” He asked as he didn’t really think before asking it.

“…Not all of us have the offensive traits to fight off bearyena” Was all Lemon said but it was enough. It made Rust wince a little as he didn’t mean to ask something that personal, he may not be best friends with Lemon or anything but even he knows that was a bit much.

“I see” Rust replied before deciding that he should try and comfort Lemon as he was the one to bring it up. “Um at least you don’t have to worry about that here” Rust continued as he cleared a patch of grass. Lemon looked at Rust with surprise before speaking.

“You guys do seem pretty strong, so I guess I won’t” Lemon said with a smile, wondering if this meant that Rust would be less wary of him now.

“Maybe hunting a few rabill wouldn’t hurt” Rust said as he walked towards the scent, making Lemon follow behind with a slightly bigger smile.

27.png.681c8510de2db5a7e77214116f175b2c.png

“I don’t trust him” Mouse huffed as she looked at Smoke.

“Why not? He’s been nothing but kind while he’s been here” Porcupine said with a sigh as she realistically knew her chances of convincing Mouse were slim to none.

“I just feel like something bad’s gonna happen because of him” Mouse replied as she side-eyed Smoke.

“I promise I won’t bring any trouble” Smoke said with a roll of his eyes, wishing this pup wouldn’t be so suspicious of him.

“It’s probably just being nervous of a new pack member” Porcupine tried to reassure Mouse.

“Whatever” Mouse grumbled as she walked off with Ram behind her.

“You feel it too don’t you?” Mouse asked once she was out of earshot of the rest of the pack.

“…I’m always nervous though” Ram said, not exactly being able to deny it.

“So you do feel it! I just know something’s wrong, even if he seems kind” Mouse said as she stared at the sky in thought.

“I guess we’ll see?” Ram responded as she looked over at Mouse.

“I just wanna do something before anything bad happens, but we have no proof” Mouse sighed.

“I know but if we don’t have any proof it won’t go well” Ram agreed sadly.

“But I guess we’ll wait, for now” Mouse said as she ripped up some grass.

28.png.1aa65a8a21696fd28d1a24263df3f5f8.png

“You’re tired again?” Royal asked as she looked at Cardinal.

“Yeah, what about it?” Cardinal asked as he laid down with a yawn.

“You’re getting tired extremely quick, and very often. I don’t think that’s normal, especially for you” Royal said in a calm manner, but she was pretty concerned about him.

“It’s fine, I just need to sleep more” Cardinal dismissed as he felt the need to sleep get stronger.

“Fine, but if you don’t get better within a moon I’m telling mom and dad” Royal responded with a sigh.

Cardinal was already passed out making Royal sigh once more before deciding to keep an eye on him.

29.png.aaa8c3ab02f08bca1261594136feeb7a.png

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Something was wrong, Ram could feel it in her heart. At first she brushed off the feeling as her usual anxiety about well everything but as it persisted and nipped at her more she couldn’t really take it anymore and deciding to get up from her warm nest to calm herself down by checking on everything.

First she sniffed around the territory, everything was fine no bearyena or strange nichelings.

Then she checked their food sources, rabills and berries were good and fine.

Next, she checked on her packmates. It all seemed fine until she went to check on Magma.

At first she just looked at her, but noticed she didn’t seem to move a muscle. No ear twitching, no leg movements, no tail movements, and most unnerving, no sign of breathing.

At first she decided to test if she was just weird by carefully poking her snout…nothing.

Then she called her name. “Magma. Magma” She whispered but once again nothing.

Then she shook her with her paws…no response. At this point Ram knew something was wrong causing her to run off to where the rest of the pack was sleeping, Magma always liked her space, and yelled for once.

“SOMETHING’S WRONG WITH MAGMA! She won’t move or respond or-or do anything!” Ram yelled waking the pack up quickly.

“She what?” Porcupine said with concern, while Pebble looked completely terrified.

“I’ll check on her” Pebble said as they quickly stood up and ran off to Magma’s nest.

Everyone rushed after her, concerned after hearing what Ram said.

“…She’s dead” Pebble whispered which cut through the silent pack.

“She’s dead?! What even happened?!” Porcupine yelped.

“She was getting tired but I thought she just needed more rest, I should’ve done more” Pebble said to herself as she looked at Magma’s still body.

“I wasn’t here very long but she seemed very caring to her pack” Smoke said as he dipped his head in respect, while he didn’t know her well she was obviously a nicheling who took care of her pack well.

‘We’re not a pack’ Mouse almost replied but decided this wasn’t exactly the time.

Mouse and Ram were silent, this was their aunt and Magma helped care for them a lot when they were younger so they were close but they were more in shock than anything.

The pack sat in silence the rest of the night.

30.png.51035c8c0ebd2ffc14f8df1acebda81f.png

It had been a moon and they had been late teens so now they were adults, still didn’t stop Cardinal from whining like a pup though.

“C’mon it’ll be fine. It’ll sort itself out” Cardinal grumbled as Royal all but pulled him towards their parents.

Cardinal huffed but knew he wasn’t going to win this one.

“Cardinal has been sleeping a lot lately and he can’t seem to be rested even if he sleeps most of the day” Royal said after dragging Cardinal to their parents.

“He’s probably sick than. Is there anything that could heal him?” Crow asked as she remembered Prince mentioning that his siblings explored a lot.

“I’m…not sure. We could give him more food to help him heal?” Prince said as Magma and Stinger didn’t like him and he couldn’t entirely blame them because of how he acted at that age.

“I suppose, and perhaps doing something would help? Maybe you two could go on a hunt” Crow suggested making Royal nod.

“Alright, let’s go than” Royal said before leaving making Cardinal follow. The two hunted for most of the day to try and keep Cardinal awake.

31.png.5426c6bcfb01dfe730471a50452cff46.png

Three moons. Smoke had been here three moons and he knew if he hid his feelings for Porcupine any longer it would eat him alive so he decided to push away any bits of anxiety he had and get it done and over with.

“Hey Porcupine?” Smoke asked as he approached her, making her turn towards him.

“Yes?” She asked simply.

“…I have fallen for your sweet personality and soft heart, would you like to be my mate?” Smoke said with a nervous grin.

“…Yeah, that sounds nice. And such kind words too” Porcupine said, relieved at the thought of not having to confess first twice, once was more than enough.

“Thank you! I’ll be the best mate you could ever ask for” Smoke purred, excited that this had actually worked and went in his favor.

“I hope to be at least half as good” Porcupine said with a smile, making Smoke’s heart melt even more.

“Why don’t we pick some berries?” Smoke said as he turned toward them.

“Sure” Porcupine said causing him to smile once more before heading off.

32.png.d3a45e4084adc2ba88f8d70b517eff4b.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

As Rust and Lemon were patrolling Lemon froze up as a smell hit his nose.

“There’s a bearyena” Was all he said as he looked ready to bolt.

“…You’re right” Rust said after smelling the air himself, and smelling the scent of one of those beasts.

Then, almost as if to answer them, the bearyena charged at them unexpectedly. It had caught them off guard so it ended up knocking Lemon to the ground, with no major injuries or bleeding but he had still gotten winded making him wheeze.

Rust snarled at the bearyena before lunging at it while it was focused on Lemon, leaving a perfect opening to jump on it’s back where it had a harder time swiping at or biting him. He dug the claws on his digging paw into the beast making it roar in pain and focused on shaking him off or trying to swipe at him.

Lemon had gotten over being winded and saw how Rust was fighting the bearyena but was losing his grip. Lemon decided that he had to try a little so he slashed at the bearyena’s back leg which made it howl in pain and swipe at him, giving him a cut that wasn’t horrific but still bleeding.

“I’ll get help!” Lemon said before running of despite Rust’s protests of him leaving.

‘I act noble but I know I’m a coward, this is just a way I can run away and I know it. This is why my older sister died, because I was too afraid to help fight that bearyena’ Lemon thought as he ran toward the heart of the territory.

“There’s a bearyena and Rust is fighting it!” Lemon yelled as he got to the rest of the pack making them all shoot up in what he assumes is alarm.

“Lets go then!” Cardinal hissed, seeming more awake then Lemon has seen him be lately. The other agreed and Lemon led them to where Rust was fighting.

Once they arrived they saw something horrible, Rust was alive but barely. There was a lot of blood and some pretty bad wounds. Lemon could practically feel the bad memories of his sister’s death hiss at him for doing it again making him slightly bristle.

The rest of the pack launched themselves at the bearyena without a hint of hesitation and the beast was quickly overwhelmed and killed.

“We have to get him home quick, these wounds are bad” Crow said as she inspected her son, worried he wouldn’t make it but trying to be calm for everyone else’s sake. “Help me carry him” Crow said looking right as Lemon which confused him.

“Me? I- ok” He resigned himself as he did abandon Rust to fight a bearyena by himself.

They took him back home to try an help him.

33.png.b9028dda562e534bb88ab27630189aa4.png

While something bad was happening in one part of the island something amazing had happened in the other…right?

“Huh, I’ve never seen teeth like that before” Smoke said as he looked at their pup curiously.

Instead of responding Porcupine just looked at the pup with a blank expression as many emotions fought within her. Confusion over where that snout came from, happiness the pup survived, and sorrow over the fact that the snout this pup had reminded her almost painfully of Stinger. It made her almost feel as if she was cheating on her dead mate.

‘Why? Why did he have to resemble him? Why couldn’t I be left alone after I was sure I’d moved on?’ She thought as she stared at the pup before Smoke’s voice finally filtered through her foggy mind.

“-ine? Porcupine!” Smoke said with concern.

“Huh? What?” Porcupine said as she tore her eyes away from the pup.

“I asked what we should name him” Smoke said wanting to ask but deciding against it.

“Fang” Porcupine replied without thinking as those fangs were all she could think about.

“That’s a great name! Fang it is” Smoke said as he looked at the pup with love and fondness.

“I’m gonna take a walk”  Porcupine said as she got up before vanishing into the tall grasses making Smoke blink in shock.

“Well I guess I’ll be watching you for now pup” Smoke said as he curled around the pup to keep him warm.

34.png.9740ccb7c4a1f9497821f3d609f87f52.png

“Hopefully he survives but the extent of these injuries is really bad” Crow said as she stared at her injured pup with fear.

“Why didn’t you help?!” Cardinal hissed in anger at Lemon, making him cower.

“Two nichelings can’t fight a bearyena alone, I had to get help or else he would’ve died” Lemon desperately tried to justify as that is what he’s been taught as a loner.

“Should’ve guessed a loner would abandon someone when they see fit” Cardinal spat causing Lemon to flinch as that was somewhat similar to what he was taught, he was taught to value his life and the lives of those related to him over anyone else’s. It was to ensure he would survive if anything went badly.

Royal had just gave a blank stare to Lemon before huffing and continuing to watch her brother.

“Why don’t you go hunt something while we watch over Rust?” Prince asked Lemon but Lemon felt it was a way to tell him to go away so he quickly left to hunt for the rest of the day.

35.png.903b3c539a65de19a6c352e72d9340b2.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

(who's ready for an extremely long update/two updates(depending on if I can upload all these screenshots in one) because I got way more inspiration than usual today?)

“So we have a younger brother now?” Mouse asked as she looked at the small bundle of fur.

“Yes, his name is Fang” Smoke said, happy to have his own pup now, even if he was concerned for where Porcupine went.

“I wonder if he’ll go exploring with us when he’s older!” Mouse said excitedly, already being impatient for him to grow into a teen.

“Maybe, he might not want to though” Smoke responded with a slight chuckle at Mouse’s excitement.

“Why wouldn’t he? Staying in one place is so boring!” Mouse said with confusion.

“Some nichelings feel safer staying in one place” Smoke explained as he had met some like that on his travels.

“Makes sense to me” Ram said as she felt the same way but was worried for her sister’s safety so she followed her adventures.

“I guess” Mouse grumbled. “Well I’m gonna go hunt!” Mouse said as she ran off.

36.png.be41330bb86621e341d6c4ccdd83a755.png

On one paw Rust had survived and was getting better! But on another…

“He’s not breathing!” Royal said after checking on Cardinal, causing the other pack members to rush over.

“…She’s right” Crow said after checking once more. Crow was hurt, one of her pups were gone now.

“Why did that sickness have to take him?” Prince said sadly as he looked at his, now dead, pup.

“…” Rust was quiet, they didn’t get along but he had hoped Cardinal would get over that sickness and pester him another day.

The pack stayed there the rest of the day, mourning their lost family member.

37.png.35520eee233ae14cc547ac7b3fdff669.png

One day while patrolling the territory Ram runs into a nicheling she’s never seen before.

They both jumped away from each other due to being startled.

“Who are you?” Ram asked the nicheling, more out of curiosity than anything malicious.

“I-I’m Lemon, I didn’t mean to intrude” Lemon said nervously as he was hoping to not see any nichelings while he ran from the pack he joined before, feeling guilty he ran off when Rust was fighting the bearyena.

“You’re not, maybe you could join our group?” Ram asked as she also wanted to have a new group member. Lemon was VERY tempted to say no after what happened with the other pack. But this would give food and protection, and maybe this one will be better?

“…Um if you want me to?” Lemon replied, making Ram perk up.

“Okay, let’s go to the group than” Ram said as she led Lemon to the heart of the territory.

It went better than Lemon expected they all liked him! Except Smoke, who dislikes him for reasons unknown to Lemon but everyone else liked him.

38.png.18c6c9101ba56f261c343d8651a659e3.png

It’s funny, sometimes it seems like destiny for things to happen. As if a push to do something at the same time…

On one part of the island…everyone in the pack was startled awake by a scream that quickly cut off.

Royal got there first and froze, a bearyena was in the ehart of their territory and it held her mom’s lifeless body in it’s jaw. Prince arrived with Rust in tow and saw what happened as well.

‘How could you, how could life be so cruel as to take away the one I love!’ Prince thought before launching himself at the bearyena, enraged by the death of his mate. The two younger nichelings froze for a second as their dad was always kind and peaceful but this was completely different. They shook off their shock and attacked the bearyena as well.

It was going well, they were doing some decent damage but then the bearyena charged at Prince causing the younger nicheling to double their efforts to take down the bearyena but it was no use, the bearyena got to him and clamped it’s strong jaws around Prince’s neck and bit down making a sickening noise that caused Royal and Rust to back away out of shock and perhaps some fear.

They tried to attack again but it slashes across Royal’s shoulder that made every movement cause a burning sensation that made her slightly growl in pain. Rust noticed and decided something.

“We’re leaving” Rust said as he distracted the bearyena.

“What?!” Royal said confused.

“The bearyena knows where we sleep, dad just died to it, and Cardinal died of sickness not that long ago, this place is bad luck” Rust said and Royal couldn’t exactly disagree so they started walking around the island.

39.png.0fbf7393b29283361966208fbd03ff71.png

On the other side of the island…

“C’mon wake up” Ram slightly growled in sadness as Mouse, the most adventurous and lively nicheling she had ever known was completely still in the grass without a breath going in or out of her.

“I’m sorry you lost her but, I don’t understand…she seemed fine” Lemon said confused as he looked at Mouse’s still body.

“…She was sick but refused to tell anyone but me” Ram simply answered as she stared blankly.

“Maybe we could leave” Lemon said making Ram look at him with confusion. “It could help you to get away from the place you have all the memories of her if remembering will hurt” Lemon finished explaining as Ram thought about it before simply nodding in agreement. Mouse would be happy if she decided to go on an adventure of her own.

“We should ask if anyone else wants to join though” Ram said and though Lemon was hesitant, this was her group so he just followed her.

“Thank you for the offer but nah” Pebble said, to the confusion of Ram as they had talked alot about how fun their adventures were. “I’m getting old and besides, your mom might appreciate the company of an old friend” Pebble explained after seeing Ram’s confusion.

Ram deflated slightly but nodded, it seemed only Lemon wanted to go…then she had an idea!

“You want to take Fang? But he doesn’t really like exploring” Smoke said right as, a now teen aged, Fang approached.

“No I want to go this time” He said to the shock of everyone as he never explored, but Ram was happy as one family member would be going.

“But-” Smoke cut himself off at the glare Fang gave him, Smoke was a very controlling parent and though exploring unnerved him Fang wanted out and he just got handed a perfect opportunity.

“Well when are we going?” Fang asked hoping it was soon.

“At sunrise” Lemon replied as Ram had already explained it to him.

“Great!” Fang chirped in excitement.

40.png.881a21b670de0f1b9362312074391ec7.png

The two groups just kinda stared at each other for a bit as they reached the ports.

“What are you doing here?” Royal asked suspiciously at the mostly unknown nichelings.

“Where did you run off too?!” Rust slightly hissed at Lemon making him shrink.

“I thought I wasn’t wanted so I left” Lemon softly spoke while Ram and Fang watched with confusion.

“Well we’re here to get off this island” Fang simply said, deciding to not reveal the full reasons.

“We are too, so perhaps we could form an alliance?” Royal asked as she looked at the other group.

Ram just nodded, feeling that more nichelings would be better in a brand new environment none of them may have any experience with.

“Than let’s go” Rust said as he hopped on one of the stones leading all the others to follow to a new land, a new life, and a new start.

41.png.1493c390a83faa5f765d52c9ac2ed167.png

(Also if you’re wondering, how did they move so fast? I used console commands soooo yeah)

That first island they travelled to was interesting but it didn’t exactly feel…right? So the only interesting thing that happened was Lemon running into a bunch of thorns.

“A-are you alright?” Royal asked with a snicker as lemon was dislodging all the thorns from his pelt.

“I’ll be fine” Lemon grumbled in embarrassment.

The second island also didn’t feel like home but at least there was lots of food, and the nichelings learned how to open clams.

“No you can’t just claw it that won’t work, you have to split it apart” Royal said with a sigh as she showed them.

“Oh I guess that makes more sense, more food!” Fang said with a grin before taking the clan and eating it himself.

“Rude” Rust huffed at the teen nicheling causing Fang to snicker.

42.png.b47c5fb5b7bf0736dc1360bba38d9acb.png

The third island, though they felt colder than ever here, felt right, like their new home.

“Here” Ram simply spoke, feeling in her heart this is where they should be.

“I have to agree, it’s pretty cold but it feels right” Rust agreed as he looked at the island, being nothing like the others they’ve seen.

“There’s no grass here so we can see everything!” Fang said excitedly, thrilled at not having to push through grass after grass.

“It does feel right but the lack of hiding spots makes me nervous” Lemon said, shifting his paws nervously, hiding was how he lived to adulthood.

“Well don’t worry! We’re strong enough to fight a bearyena if all 5 of us attack it” Fang said with a grin as he felt ready to run off himself if they didn’t move soon.

“Well we should explore our new home” Royal said as she led the group, though they stayed pretty close for warmth.

43.png.3af329491dc234741184707692378b21.png

(I forgot a screenshot for this one :()

The nichelings stopped at they came across an ice block.

Ram tilted her head curiously as she inspected it.

“There’s something in it” Fang said and before anyone could stop him he knocked it over causing it to break and reveal…a nicheling!

“A nicheling?! They have to be dead from being in there” Rust said as looked at this new nicheling.

“Alive” Ram said after pressing her head against the nicheling’s chest and hearing a slow heartbeat.

“Then maybe we could warm them up?” Lemon said as he looked around nervously for any danger.

“Another group member wouldn’t hurt” Rust hummed before all the nichelings laid around the nicheling to try and warm them up, they were tired anyway from traveling so they all passed out.

When Fang awoke the new nicheling was staring at him with alarm and confusion.

“Hello, what’s your name?” Fang asked as he approached the nicheling.

“Bat” Bat said as she kept her eyes on Fang’s well fangs, remembering her parents warnings of poisonous nichelings who killed without mercy.

“Calm down we’re not gonna eat you or something” Fang said, finding a little amusement in how terrified Bat looked.

“But you have the fangs” Bat said as she backed up a step.

“Okay?” Fang said very confused.

“Poisonous nichelings from the reeds are bloodthirsty creatures who kill without mercy” Bat simply said.

“That sounds like a kinda rude assumption, and besides I’m not from the reeds! I lived in a place with lots of tall, green grass” Fang said.

“Green grass?” Bat said with confusion.

“Yeah, why are you so confused? Oh wait you probably lived here your whole life huh?” Fang asked while Bat still felt nervous about Fang. “I mean next you’re gonna say you’ve never eaten nuts or berries!” He said with a snicker before noticing Bat was confused, again. “What do you even eat around here??” Fang said as he looked around and saw the lack of plants.

“Meat, rabills and other creatures” Bat explained casually.

“I have to hunt my food now?” Fang said which just puzzled Bat even more.

‘How does a nicheling survive without hunting?’ Bat thought, wondering if all these new nichelings had no hunting skills.

“I may not trust you but I don’t want anyone to starve. So later, if your pack is okay with it, I could teach you to hunt?” Bat offer as she was being honest, letting someone starve when she could’ve helped makes her stomach churn, even if she was usually pretty lazy and only hunted when she needed to.

“You would?! I’m sure the pack could use another member anyway” Fang said as he was also excited to have a pack member his age.

“You think I’d be allowed to join your pack?” Bat said, as much as she didn’t trust him having a pack makes living in the snow much easier and this was a free chance.

“Of course! And besides you’ve lived here your whole life right? And we just got here so your knowledge would be really helpful so they’d be the dumbest nichelings alive to say no” Fang said as he wasn’t lying, Bat’s help would be invaluable in a brand new place.

Bat thought about asking why they came here but quickly realized there might be a personal reason and asking could, at best give her answers and be chill, or it could make him angry and maybe even kill her so she shot that idea down quickly.

Fang turned around and almost felt his heart leave his body at seeing Ram’s eyes open and looking at the two teen nichelings.

“Oh, is anyone else awake?” Fang asked which Ram shook her head as an answer. “Will they wake up soon?” Fang asked which just earned a shrug after Ram got up. “Did you hear all that?” Fang asked to which Ram nodded again, as she had been woken up by Fang’s voice.

“Um I wanted to teach him to hunt, would that be okay?” Bat asked nervously which Ram excitedly nodded at, it would give him a better chance around here. But Ram also walked up to them and tilted her head.

“Can she come with? It’s cold around here” Fang asked making Bat think about it and agree.

“Sure” Bat said before leading them to find something to hunt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

As Bat led them she smelled something, something good for them. She knows she promised to teach Fang to hunt but learning to fight, and fight for food was just as, if not more important, of a skill to learn in this harsh land.

“I’ve decided to show you how to get more food without chasing it down, requires some fighting skill” Bat such which caused the two nichelings following to be curious and confused.

Bat bolted making the two scramble after but Bat could see her target now.

She got up into the fact of the ram fox and roared causing it to yelp and jump away from it’s catch, exactly what she wanted. But she knew what would happen as two others approached agressively after getting their meal stolen.

“What are those?!” Fang yelped as he saw these creatures. Ram was extremely confused even with all their exploring her and Mouse never saw these things.

“Arctic ram foxes, they come in packs but aren’t that strong. Stealing food from them is the way I’ve survived so long alone, but the more aggressive ones have to be killed too.  And that gives us more food to survive” Bat explained before rushing in and biting down on the head of the one in front of her causing it to make a scared noise of terror before quickly dying, Fang noted she seemed to be experienced in dealing with an killing these creatures.

Fang yelped as one scratched him and turned around and bit into it with his fangs causing the creature to shriek in pain, probably not used to anything venomous in this island. Having no immunity it quickly succumbed to the venom. Bat and Fang then turned to the, now terrified, their ram fox and quickly dispatched it without injury.

“So much food!  Won’t it go bad though?” Fang spoke through the ram fox he was dragging back to the pack with the other two doing the same.

“The snow makes it last longer” Bat replied.

44.png.618f3d24e77b1651ee93fe19166f722d.png

The pack was shocked as they saw all the meat the three had brought back but also…

“Do you know how much you scared us?!” Royal hissed as the three had left without telling them anything.

“Sorry, I was teaching them to get food” Bat said but didn’t regret it as she hadn’t had this much food at once since…she was a pup with her parents out hunting while she was kept in a snow den to hide her scent from those wretched bears.

“Well you brought back so much food I can’t be too mad” Royal grumbled with a sigh.

“Oh! Also Bat wanted to be a member of our pack!” Fang said after setting down the ram fox.

“Well helped bring back lots of food and seems to know the place so sure” Royal said with a shrug as she thought this would be good for them.

“See, I told you they’d be fine with it” Fang chirped making Bat give a small smile.

The pack ate the food they needed and stored the rest under some snow.

45.png.fbe1c365857d69cbfaabf1d5bb263496.png

(I wrote this all in three hours lol-)

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1

“What are those?” Fang said as he looked at the holes filled with bubbling water.

“They’re hot springs, they’re good for keeping you warm if you have to travel alone” Bat explained, remembering all the times she barely made it to a hot spring in time.

“Oh! So you could survive without a pack if you needed?” Fang asked as he jumped into the hot spring, splashing Bat with water.

“Yes” Bat simply said as the water made her cold so she sighed and got into the hot spring next to Fang.

“Does it ever warm up here?” Fang asked, because as fun as it was he missed lying in the sun on a warm rock.

“I stops snowing sometimes but it never really warms up” Bat said as she looked out as the vast white snow of her home.

“Oh, so no more laying in the sun on a warm rock” Fang sighed as he relaxed into the got spring, letting his mind drift back to his old home.

Meanwhile, Lemon was digging though the snow, though his paw loudly protested, and revealed some roots buried in the ground.

“I found another way to get food” Lemon said to the other adult nichelings causing them to turn and look at him. He gave all of them food, though Rust hesitated, still bitter about him running off to leave him fend for himself, before taking it.

“Here” Lemon said as he presented the last of the roots to Ram causing her to smile before taking and eating them. “I know they don’t taste as good as berries or meat but it’s extra food” Lemon said as he had survived off of roots when he was younger, as berry bushes and rabill burrows were usually guarded and claimed by other nichelings.

Ram cuddled next to Lemon as he got out of the hot spring causing his fur to slightly warm from something other than Ram’s fluffy fur. But he just smiled and cuddled back before yawning and falling asleep.

Ram smiled again and purred before drifting off herself.

1.png.d353c0f379f8c0f7b723b95e5a4fad20.png

A few moons had passed and both Fang and Ram had grown into adults, Fang was getting used to this! At least he thought he was…then a huge snowstorm appeared and made the usual cold feel warm and pleasant.

“I-it’s so cold, does it get cold like this often?” Lemon asked as the group all huddled into a big pile of fur to keep warm, Lemon wrapping his fluffy tail around Ram which made her slightly smile before another breeze made her feel like the cold was reaching into her skin.

“Not often, but it does on occasion” Bat felt panic wrap her heart as this was how she got frozen solid before. ‘You have a pack, they’ll keep you warm this time’ She reminded herself as she was alone when she got frozen by this type of a snowstorm before.

“A-are you okay?” Fang asked, though he was shivering from the cold.

“This is how I got stuck in an ice block before” Bat said, as she had decided if this nicheling was going to kill her he would’ve by now.

“Oh, w-well we’re here to make sure we stay warm enough” Fang tried to reassure even as the cold made him tear up.

“You’re right” Bat agreed as he huddled closer.

Lemon decided this might be their end if it was continuing this cold so he decided to confess now.

“R-ram?” He asked causing her to open her eyes and look at him curiously. “I love you, y-you’re very kind and a-amazing” Lemon said causing Ram to completely open her eyes in shock before wincing at the cold.

“Yes, love you too” Ram spoke quietly as she nuzzled him making Lemon’s heart soar as he nuzzled back.

2.png.ba6728202067f51863eaa76e1f3d9fd8.png

As much as she loved it here with all the hot springs, Bat knew they had to move somewhere else on the island.

“Why? The hot springs keep us warm” Rust asked, confused.

“Smell the air and use your ears, there’s nothing left to hunt and the meat we had has all been eaten” Bat said causing the pack to all to what she said and confirm there was nothing around.

“You’re right, we would starve and that would make all the effort of getting here useless” Royal agreed as she stepped out of the hot spring into the biting cold air of this island.

So off they went.

“Shhh” Bat slightly growled before slowly walking towards something. She got closer then pounced making rabill let out a shriek before falling limp. She offered it to Lemon as he had been refusing to eat much.

“Shouldn’t you give it to someone else? Or well you could you hunted i-” She growled making him cower and take the rabill before eating it causing Ram to laugh a little which caused him to huff as he ate.

“There’s hot springs up here, only three but that’s better than none” Bat said as they approached the spot. They all stopped as they stared at one hot spring.

“Um who are all you?” The nicheling asked, narrowing her eyes at the nichelings, knowing nichelings usually fight over hot springs and she was severely outnumbered here.

The nichelings introduced themselves before Bat spoke.

“We’re not going to challenge you as long as we can all take turns sharing the hot springs, and you can stay” Bat spoke before freezing as she remembered that was the leader’s decision causing her to turn to Royal.

“Or you could join our group” Bat was completely shocked, they already had 5 mouths to feed in this cold wasteland they didn’t need another, but she decided that speaking up against the leader wasn’t on her agenda today.

“But you already have so many to feed, I’m Chirp by the way” Chirp said as she realized she never said her name.

“More nichelings may mean more food but also more warmth from the snowstorms” Royal said with a shiver and Chirp couldn’t disagree, she barely survived by being in this hot spring.

“Well if you’re offering than I’d be stupid to say no” Chirp said as she wasn’t going to say no to a free chance at survival in this place.

“Alright welcome to the group” Royal said as the group settled into their new temporary home.

3.png.676d3eadab1a892e6a6c93857c0e7387.png

Lemon yelped as something walked through the tall snow.

“What is that?!” Lemon said as he looked at the weird creature.

“That’s a walrus deer” Chirp said as Bat got ready to explain making her deflate and huff, which Fang noticed.

“What jealous you can’t be the only source of knowledge now?” He asked with a smirk which made Bat slightly shove him.

“Shush” She grumbled causing Fang to snicker before paying attention to Chirp.

“They can be hunted but you need more than one or two nichelings to take it down, so we could try if you want lots of food” Chirp said making them all perk up and agree.

The pack gave chase for some time and did some damage before deciding it wasn’t worth the energy being put in.

“But I thought they could be hunted?” Royal asked, tired.

“They can but it’s pretty tough” Chirp shrugged making Royal  groan before crawling into a hot spring.

4.png.4ed639ca81e610ef34535bb33fc05374.png

Ram and Lemon got everyone’s attention, Lemon managing to look MORE nervous than usual.

“We have an announcement to m-make” Lemon said causing the nichelings who weren’t really listening to actually pay attention…

“Me and Ram are going to have a pup!” Lemon said with excitement and nervousness and the nichelings were silent for a few seconds before there were cheers, and he swore he heard a ‘finally’ from someone.

“Ya got any names yet?” Fang asked with a grin, excited to potentially have a niece or nephew.

“M-maybe Citrus, Flower, or even Mountain” Lemon listed the names the two had come up with so far.

“Cool, but make sure you have at least 2 nichelings curled around them, the cold holds no mercy” Chirp said, kinda ruining the happy mood but honestly trying to help.

“Right” Bat said, remembering how her parents finally told her shortly before she was frozen how she had a twin brother but he got too cold and froze to death.

5.png.4f32ee996f8c5e67969f28ae37cc07c6.png

“You’re kinda rude you know, couldn’t you let them be happy?” Rust said causing Chirp to crack open an eye.

“You’re pretty rude to Lemon too though, so I don’t think you have much room to judge” Chirp said making Rust irritated but knew she wasn’t wrong. “And besides, I ruined the ‘happy mood’ to make sure their pup had a future as more than a frozen carcass in the snow” She continued, genuinely just wanting to help, though other nichelings got mad at her attempts to help too.

“I guess I can’t entirely argue with that. Why aren’t you with anyone else anyways?” Rust asked to decide to give this nicheling a chance.

“…Why did you and your group come to this island?” Chirp shot back, deciding a personal question would be fitting for another.

“Me and Royal’s brother and our parents died within a short time so we wanted to get away from it, don’t know about the rest of the group though” Rust said, the memories stung but not as much anymore, he had more important things like staying warm and eating to worry about now.

“My family died to bears so I was left alone” Chirp responded as she wasn’t one to not hold up her end of a deal.

“I see” Rust said before the two simply sat in silence, just wanting to stay warm and not talk anymore.

6.png.a1c9af264bc0eddfb8f72d172cd9104b.png

Ram, Lemon, and all the group except Chirp honestly, were staring in shock as not one, but two bundles of fur were squeaking in the nest.

“We had twins?!” Lemon said, equal parts excited and terrified.

Ram was exhausted but happy about having two instead of one.

“I don’t feel like the names we picked fit them” Lemon said which Ram nodded at. “Unless…how about Acorn and Chestnut?” He asked causing Ram to nod in agreement. “They’re wonderful” He said as he looked at the tiny pups.

“Wow two more mouths to feed” Chirp said outloud causing most of the group to send a glare towards her making her notice. “Sorry, not being rude” She said with surrender while Rust just sighed.

7.png.aa690290958d544ac01fa99132e4b442.png

Fang made sure everyone else was asleep before gently poking Bat, who was awake anyways.

“What?” She asked.

“Wanna be mates?” Bat think she almost choked on air at the casual way he asked that as her fur heated up.

“I mean if you mean it then yes, I’ve kinda grown up by your side so you’re the only one I’d really give a chance” Bat replied with a slight smile.

“Great!” Fang said as he went to nuzzle Bat, which she returned. She was kind and showed him so much and he had a lot of fun being around her so that must have meant he loved her and wanted to be mates…right?

8.png.2d138f1af26624dbf1b81b112bd32ed1.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

“We should go to a different part of the island, food is getting scarce and the food we’ve stored in the snow is almost gone” Royal said making the nichelings look over at her.

“She’s right, the prey that was here has been hunted by us so moving would be for the best” Bat said, and she also had another reason than her own survival to move now…

“But we’ve been eating fine!” A now teen Acorn huffed, not wanting to leave the place he’s been growing up while Chestnut just kinda stared at the birds circling overhead.

‘They have really pretty feathers, didn’t dad mention something about nichelings with feathers? I wonder if I’ll meet a nicheling like that, maybe they’d tell me what it’s like from the skies. Are the skies prettier from above the clouds? I wonder if anything lives up there, maybe-’ Chestnut was interrupted from his thoughts by a gentle shove from his mom.

“Where we going?” Chestnut asked with a tilt of his head, as he wasn’t really listening.

“We’re going to a different part of the island, food is getting scarce here” Lemon said as they continued through the deep snow.

“Oh ok” Chestnut said before letting his mind wander again.

Traveling was tough as the snow had piled as high if not higher than the height of a nicheling. And to make it worse there were no hot springs in sight, it was hard but the nichelings pushed through, determined to survive and get more food.

It was worth is though as after days of traveling they had found a rabill burrow teeming with rabills out and about.

Bat went first, to show the youngest nichelings how to hunt so they could survive here. She shushed them before slowly stalking towards one that was alone. Once she got close enough she pounced and quickly killed it. She then gestured to the teen nichelings to let them try.

Acorn eagerly went first, but sadly his crouch wasn’t right so it created a crunch that scared the rabill off, making Acorn huffy but kept quiet so someone else could hunt.

Chestnut took i poke to the side to awaken him from his daydream but he agreed to try.  Everyone was shocked when not only did he catch it but he crouched almost perfectly and didn’t alert the rabill to his presence until it was too late for it.

Acorn was bitter and jealous so he decided to try again, so he could be better. Acorn tried to crouch but made a crunch again causing the rabill to run but instead of quitting he chased after it for a while, which Chirp found extremely amusing, and eventually tired it out enough to easily grab and kill it.

After everyone hunted what they needed and could they started talking again.

“I caught it without having to be sneaky, so I didn’t have to even use that strategy” Acorn said as he puffed up his chest with pride.

“Tiring it out is a decent method, just one I never picked up, but nice to see it worked for you” Bat said as she laid down exhausted, maybe hunting so much while pregnant wasn’t a good idea. Fang laid down beside her to check on her.

“I’m just happy I got one” Chestnut said as he took another bite of the rabill he caught.

“What’s that?” Acorn said as he saw something in the distance.

9.png.ae39625431393090f9c72291f4a271bc.png

Acorn curiously approached the ice block, with Rust in tow.

“Oh that’s an ice block, might have a nicheling. That’s how we found Bat anyways” Rust said as he looked at it. Acorn nodded and knocked it over to reveal a nicheling, just like Rust said.

Even Rust thought the nicheling was a bit odd, the horns they had were bigger than any he’d ever seen.

“What’s your name?” Rust asked as he looked at the interesting teen nicheling.

“Moose” The nicheling responded but his fur bristled in aggression, who are these nichelings? Did they want something from him? They weren’t his old pack members, where were they, where was his family?

“No need to be so jumpy, I’m Acorn” Acorn said causing Moose to glare at him.

“I could kill you easily, with my horns or my fangs” Moose growled causing Acorn to back up and Rust to slightly bristle.

“Do not threaten my packmates” Rust said as he narrowed his eyes at the younger nicheling, which just made the nicheling glare back without backing down an inch.

“Well we can’t let em freeze out here with no one around” Acorn said making Rust grumble but agree.

“Come on, we’ll see what Royal thinks” Rust said as he beckoned the younger nicheling but he wouldn’t move an inch.

“We’ll give you food” Acorn said making Rust splutter but it did make Moose start following them so Rust just shut his mouth.

“So you’ve been rude, but I’d still like to offer you a chance to join. I don’t exactly enjoy the thought of a nicheling freezing to death alone” Royal said, the image unnerved her. Moose thought about it, these nichelings were untrustworthy but since there was no scent or sight of them his pack must be gone and he does want a chance at survival so…

“Fine” Moose simply said causing Royal to nod.

“Than welcome to the group Moose” Royal said which made Moose shrug before turning around and going to lay down.

10.png.f34d06fa1adb5add8dc550cb366eb210.png

Bat finally had her and Fang’s pup.

“I want to name him Midnight” Bat said as look smiled at the pup, who had gotten his grandmother’s snout, which slightly irritated Fang but he wasn’t about to take it out on his innocent son.

“Sounds like a good name for him” Fang said instead as those green eyes looked at him before the pup made a squeak noise at him. ‘I’m should be happier to have a pup shouldn’t I?’ He thought to himself as he stared at the tiny pup with conflicted feelings.

“What are you thinking about?” Bat said noticing his thoughtful expression.

“He has his grandmother’s snout” Fang bitterly replied as he watched the pup curl up and start to drift off to sleep.

“You don’t sound happy about that” Bat noted as she looked at Fang’s face.

“My mom basically abandoned me at birth because I reminded her of her old mate, Ram’s dad” Fang said angrily as he stared at the ground, hurt by how his mom didn’t even try a thing to raise him.

“You’re not going to do that to Midnight are you?” Bat asked, nervous about raising the pup without him.

“Of course not! I’d never make him go through that pain” Fang said though he had considered it for a bit there.

“Oh good, I love you” Bat said as she nuzzled Fang.

“I love you too” Fang said as he returned it thought that doubt from when he first confessed wiggled it’s way into his mind again.

‘I might love her but is it as a mate? Or just a friend?“ It whispered as Fang laid down with Bat and Midnight. ‘Quiet’ He thought to himself bitterly but he knew it held some truth, perhaps more than he’d be willing to admit to himself.

11.png.a955682e3ad65d5844d834fee22e8742.png

• Like 3

Sorry I missed a day, hilariously I had stuff written but was like 'eh I'll post it later' then forgot to)

“So I wanted to ask you something” Chirp said as she and Rust were standing on the stumps to watch over the place and make sure nothing was coming to attack them.

“What is it?” Rust said curious and a bit concerned over what it would be.

“Do you wanna have a pup?” Rust stared in shock and confusion.

“Are you asking to be my mate?” Rust asked wondering what round about way this was of asking that.

“I mean, if you want to. I just wanted a pup someday and the other guys are either taken or are still pups themselves” Chirp said as she scanned the clearing once more.

“What if I didn’t want to raise a pup?” That was a lie, Rust had a feeling the second he saw them he’d get attached but it was more so a question to see how Chirp would react.

“You don’t have to, I’ll raise them myself if I need to” Chirp said with a shrug, it didn’t bother her any I mean some pups have to raise themselves so one parent can’t be so bad. Rust took a deep breath in and out before deciding.

“Sure, I’ll probably end up helping” Rust said causing Chirp to look over with shock, not really expecting him to agree but happy nonetheless.

“Oh alright” Chirp said as she scanned the clearing once more before trading her spot on the stump with Lemon and Rust trading with Bat.

12.png.320f2e7543582b3c7a5eabe08beb530d.png

It wasn’t long until Chirp had the baby, a little orange derp snout with a fluffy tail.

“I’ll name her Scorch” Chirp said as she looked at the squeaking bundle of fur.

“It fits, I wonder if she’ll be as fiery as her name or fur” Rust said causing Chirp to slightly snicker.

“If she is she would be quite the pawful to raise” Chirp said before curling around the tiny pup. Rust huddled close to keep the pup warm. “I just hope she makes it, this place can be cruel” Chirp said as she stared into the distance.

“We haven’t seen any of those bears though, only the ram foxes” Rust tried to reassure but that seemed to make it worse.

“That’s exactly why I’m worried, it’s weird” Chirp said confused.

“Well I’ll help protect Scorch” Rust said making Chirp nod as she continued scanning for any threats.

13.png.f75fcdb3a690b87a79540f309922c4f0.png

Scorch and Midnight were teens! Which should have been a happy thing, it really should’ve. But that was of course the day a balance bear(is that the right name?) attacked causing panic after seeing the two experts, Bat and Chirp, freeze from something other than the cold.

But they launched themselves at the bear because they both had a pup to protect. The rest of the adult nichelings followed soon after, clawing, biting, poisoning, whatever they could to try and bring down the beast but it continued with a roar and started charging towards the pups causing more anger. But Bat knew what had to happen, even if she wanted to watch her pup grow she refused to be selfish.

“PUPS, GO TO THE STONES! CROSS THEM AND GO TO A DIFFERENT ISLAND” The pups were shocked, leave the island? And without their parents?

“But I don’t wanna leave you!” Midnight squeaked as he felt terror at the mere thought. The other pups were also saying that to their own parents.

“You have to! Please listen to us, I promise we’ll always be with you” Lemon said causing the pups to, very very very, reluctantly go to the stones.

They all took one last look before they started to leap across, stone by stone farther and farther from their home, their parents, and everything they’ve ever known.

14.png.da8a148bc45a6d00d75bd9c2af3ef685.png

They arrived on the stones onto an odd island, but they didn’t really feel like staying here.

“It’s too quiet” And while Midnight was usually nervous about everything nobody could exactly disagree the only sound was the grasses and waves lapping against the shore.

“There’s more stones over there” Moose spoke up for once as he gestured somewhere not too far from where they already were.

“Shouldn’t we hunt first though?” Acorn asked which made the other nichelings agree.

Though they tried to grasses kept messing up their hunts.

“I think we should just go, we aren’t having any luck here” Acorn said causing them to leave for a different island, hoping for some better luck this time.

The second island seemed like a decent choice other than the thorns so they decided to sleep there. Well until swarms of bugs swarmed them over and over causing them to change their minds pretty quickly.

“Why are there so many?!” Acorn growled as they ran for the next set of stones.

“I don’t know but I don’t like it” Scorch said as she and the other nichelings finally reached the stones. Even Chestnut was bothered due to the bugs.

(I remade the save file after this cuz I realized that the settings I used had a bunch of the dangerous and fun stuff turned off so if anyone looks different shush, Chestnut I love you but finding your pattern when I had blind gene mode on is not a fun time)

The third island, though it looked somewhat similar to the first felt like a much better choice.

“I can hear some rabill so why don’t we try to hunt something?”Acorn said and the other nichelings quickly set off, still though they still got beat by not knowing how to hunt in the grass. It wasn’t all bad though as the found something interesting.

“What’s that smell?” Scorch asked causing the other nicheling to smell the air too.

“It smells kind of odd” Midnight said as the nichelings followed their nose to a berry bush.

“What are those?” Moose asked as he looked at the berries suspiciously.

“Dad and mom said they were uh, berry? Said that they lived off of them alot when they were younger” Chestnut spoke up as he approached the berry bush and popped one in his mouth, to the alarm of the other nichelings.

“What if they aren’t edible?!” Midnight said with panic right before Chestnut spat it back out.

“Alright so not great, how did mom and dad eat these all the time?” Chestnut said confused.

“Oh wait didn’t they mention that there were two types? One was bad” Acorn said as he recalled something they said once.

“This must be the bad, but there must be the good ones are here somewhere” Chestnut said as he tried to ignore the horrific taste in his mouth.

“I’m too tired to keep jumping anyways” Scorch said, the constant traveling made her, and the other nichelings honestly, exhausted so they felt they had no choice.

15.png.b8ae90b781949d5b0f8ad37e92971cd6.png

After a few days they found a termite hill and seeing as they had no food they were desperate for any food at this point.

First Moose swung at it with his claws causing it to break and reveal a bunch of termites which while Midnight had the easiest time catching them, he made sure everyone got some so they all had a little food in their stomachs, enough to last the day anyways.

Their somewhat peaceful sleep was interrupted by a growl causing Moose to launch himself at the beast first and doing a lot of damage. It snarled but before it could hit him the other nichelings started swarming it and although it was overwhelmed it managed to get a good hit on both Scorch and Acorn causing the others to growl and fight until the beast fell.

“Are you alright?” Chestnut asked the two injured nichelings.

“Fine” Acorn said as he slowly got up, though he winced as he did. Meanwhile Scorch just laid there because she wasn’t as stubborn as Acorn.

“Rest” Moose simply said before patrolling around to check for any other potential threats.

Midnight just looked at the injured nichelings nervously, hoping they would be okay.

The rest of the day was tense and anxious.

16.png.ed2428fad7f463a90f133eae3cecc9c8.png

After a few more days of traveling they found a place without grass.

“This looks like it’d be a great place to settle!” Acorn said as he looked around.

“Except for those” Moose said as he looked at a pinkish red plant, the other nichelings didn’t like to look of it either honestly.

“Well as long as we don’t go to close we’ll probably be fine?” Scorch said, a bit unnerved as well.

“There’s even a stump so we can keep an eye on things” Chestnut said as he looked over at the stumps. Moose nodded in agreement before sniffing around curiously.

“Hey there’s some weird looking fruit over here!” Scorch said making a few nichelings investigate.

“It might be like the berry” Chestnut said, the flavor still fresh in his mind.

“Well we can’t run on some termites we ate a few days ago and there doesn’t seem to be much else” Acorn said which Chestnut couldn’t disagree with.

“It smells bad but it tastes good” Acorn said after eating one causing Scorch and Acorn to pluck some before giving it to the other nichelings.

They ate good due to that.

17.png.51d7fe46ef112ede7c658da695ee877a.png

Life had a bit of routine now so everyone was starting to get comfortable, too comfortable apparently.

One day Acorn was running over to help Scorch pick some of the stinky fruit so they had something to eat but Scorch noticed something a little to late to stop him.

“ACORN WAIT-” It was too late as Acorn felt something wrap around his leg and drag him into the maw of one of those horrific plants before it shut its ‘mouth’ and started to try and digest him. “ACORN GOT EATEN BY ONE OF THOSE PLANTS!” Scorch said before clawing at the plant with all she had.

But her yell caught the whole pack’s attention as they ran over and with their combined effort they got him out though Acorn was hurt so he had to rest the rest of the day.

“I thought I was the one who never paid attention” Chestnut tried to joke and lighten the mood.

“Maybe we switched personalities for the day” Acorn joked back making Chestnut relieved he wasn’t too hurt to joke around at least.

“Do you think it’ll come back?” Acorn asked as he stared off into the distance.

“I hope not but I’m not sure” Chestnut said with a nervous edge to his voice.

“…Right” Was all Acorn responded with.

(Guess who forgot another screenshot-)

-

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

Sorry for the lack of updates, my motivation kinda sucks right now so it's a short update(Though the fact I don't have a good grasp on these current nichelings yet aren't doing any favors-) but I hope I'll be motivated again soon!)

Chestnut tilted his head over curiously to where he heard a noise, mildly concerned about what it could be.

He didn’t expect two nichelings to pop out and walk over to him though.

“Hi, I’m Flower and this is Splotch” The red and white nicheling said as she gestured to a yellow nicheling with brown spots.

“I’m Chestnut, is there any reason you’re here?” Chestnut asked curiously.

“Well we saw you had a decent sized group and wanted to join” Flower said, mostly asking because if there were any apes her and Splotch couldn’t take them by themselves.

“I don’t mind but you’d have to ask the rest of the group, I can lead you to them” Chestnut said as he got down from the stump.

“Well lead the way than” Flower said as Splotch just stared, no nicheling would show a stranger where their pack lives unless it was a trap.

‘Can’t leave Flower by herself though’ He thought to himself as he followed the two silently.

“Who are they?” Scorch asked as she looked at the new nichelings, a bit nervous because they’re new.

“This is Flower and Splotch, they want to join our group but I decided to make sure every else was fine with it” Chestnut said with a yawn, he’d been watching from the stump for a while.

“I don’t mind” Scorch said with a small smile, hoping they would get along with mostly everyone.

“Sounds good to me” Acorn said, he wasn’t going to turn down a chance to expand their group.

“Um sure” Midnight said, seeing as he was outnumbered in who wanted them in, he was a bit paranoid about if the new nichelings had bad intentions though.

Moose just glared at the two making Splotch narrow his eyes at him.

“No need to be hostile Moose, I don’t think they’d try anything if they’re outnumbered” Scorch tried to reassure which just made him huff but turn down the glaring a bit.

“Well than welcome to the group” Acorn said with a smile causing Flower to smile back and Splotch to nod before the two decided to lay down, constant traveling from place to place was tiring.

18.png.d465c35032a937c6a0b3b8856caedbc7.png

“I don’t have any scars but II’m still sore from almost being digested by that stupid plant” Acorn said as he stretched.

“…Do you remember that plant mom told us about?” Chestnut asked making Acorn look over at him “Said it healed pain and injuries, it was yellow and red I think” Chestnut finished explaining making Acorn light up.

“You’re right, and I think I saw one not too long ago!” Acorn said excitedly as he got up before leaving to eat some of it.

Acorn grinned as he found the plant.

‘Perfect, this’ll cure my soreness and make everything better’ He thought to himself as he ran over but felt like his life left his body as he felt the familiar feeling of something wrapping around his leg. He snarled and tried to claw at it to no avail. So he used the small time he had before the plant shut to shout.

“HELP!” He yelled before being shut into another plant.

Almost the whole pack was not that far so they ran over to help him out and quickly started attacking with all they had. It took a bit but he was finally out.

“Are you alright?” Chestnut said which just caused a scoff from Acorn.

“What do you think?” He said causing Chestnut to just stay silent.

“What happened?” Scorch asked, wondering how he got caught by another one of those plants.

“I was trying to reach that healing fruit” He gestured to said fruit. “But since it was in the grasses I didn’t see the plant until it grabbed me” Acorn explained as he glared at the now dead plant.

“Might as well take that healing fruit than since it’s down for now” Splotch said making Acorn nod before going over to the plant and eating it.

‘It does work’ Acorn thought as he felt most of the soreness and pain leave his body.

“Will he be alright?” Flower asked with concern after the group got back to their home.

“He’ll be fine now, that plant helps a lot apparently” Chestnut said as he scanned the clearing again from the stump.

“No offense but your group doesn’t seem very good at handling those plants” Flower said a bit nervous.

“No, it’s only our second time dealing with them” Chestnut said causing Flower’s head to snap up.

“Only twice in your life you’ve had to deal with that? You’re pretty lucky than” Flower said wondering how they avoided them so well.

“Oh no, we weren’t born here” Chestnut laughed causing Flower to stare in confusion.

“What do you mean?” Flower asked.

“We traveled on stones across the ocean for a while to get here, we got here only about 2 moons ago” Chestnut said making Flower’s eyes widen.

“You jumped across the stones to here?” She asked with shock.

“Yes, why do you look so surprised?” Chestnut asked confused.

“Most nichelings use the stones to leave, not come here” Flower said making Chestnut wince.

“We did only really stay here because we were too tired to continue after hopping across stones three times” Chestnut admitted feeling a little bad about it but knowing it was true.

“I guess that makes sense, will your group be moving across the stones again?” Flower asked making Chestnut hum in thought.

“Probably, I mean we were talking about it before but after what happened earlier even I want to leave before my brother gets eaten and doesn’t come out alive” Chestnut said making Flower wince in sympathy.

“If you’re having issues with them I couldn’t blame you. What type of island were your group from anyways?” Flower said making Chestnut perk up.

“It was really cold but we knew how to navigate and live on it, we didn’t eat anything but meat as there weren’t any plants except for some dead bushes” Chestnut replied making Flower tilt her head.

“No plants? Didn’t you guys go hungry a lot than?” Flower asked wondering how a group of nichelings could survive on that.

“If we kept moving we would be fine” Chestnut shrugged as moving around was just how they lived.

“If you were so used to it why did you leave?” Flower regretted her words the second they came out of her mouth and especially as she saw Chestnut wince.

“There was a huge bear, it was white and gray with spots. Even with our group we couldn’t overpower it so our parents and the other nichelings told us to leave and search for somewhere better. We were only teens at the time” Chestnut hurt to think about it, wondering what life would be like it that bear hadn’t ruined their group.

“I’m sorry about that” Flower said.

“Can’t really do anything about it anymore” Chestnut tried to shrug off the subject and Flower got the hint.

“Well why don’t we eat? You’ve been out here a while” Flower said making Chestnut relieved at an out for that conversation.

“Sounds good to me” Chestnut said as he jumped down from the stump before the two went back to their home.

19.png.0323ceb6b1efd46495470c46bb7036fe.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

Sorry for the lack of updates, my motivation kinda sucks right now so it's a short update(Though the fact I don't have a good grasp on these current nichelings yet aren't doing any favors-) but I hope I'll be motivated again soon!)

Chestnut tilted his head over curiously to where he heard a noise, mildly concerned about what it could be.

He didn’t expect two nichelings to pop out and walk over to him though.

“Hi, I’m Flower and this is Splotch” The red and white nicheling said as she gestured to a yellow nicheling with brown spots.

“I’m Chestnut, is there any reason you’re here?” Chestnut asked curiously.

“Well we saw you had a decent sized group and wanted to join” Flower said, mostly asking because if there were any apes her and Splotch couldn’t take them by themselves.

“I don’t mind but you’d have to ask the rest of the group, I can lead you to them” Chestnut said as he got down from the stump.

“Well lead the way than” Flower said as Splotch just stared, no nicheling would show a stranger where their pack lives unless it was a trap.

‘Can’t leave Flower by herself though’ He thought to himself as he followed the two silently.

“Who are they?” Scorch asked as she looked at the new nichelings, a bit nervous because they’re new.

“This is Flower and Splotch, they want to join our group but I decided to make sure every else was fine with it” Chestnut said with a yawn, he’d been watching from the stump for a while.

“I don’t mind” Scorch said with a small smile, hoping they would get along with mostly everyone.

“Sounds good to me” Acorn said, he wasn’t going to turn down a chance to expand their group.

“Um sure” Midnight said, seeing as he was outnumbered in who wanted them in, he was a bit paranoid about if the new nichelings had bad intentions though.

Moose just glared at the two making Splotch narrow his eyes at him.

“No need to be hostile Moose, I don’t think they’d try anything if they’re outnumbered” Scorch tried to reassure which just made him huff but turn down the glaring a bit.

“Well than welcome to the group” Acorn said with a smile causing Flower to smile back and Splotch to nod before the two decided to lay down, constant traveling from place to place was tiring.

18.png.d465c35032a937c6a0b3b8856caedbc7.png

“I don’t have any scars but II’m still sore from almost being digested by that stupid plant” Acorn said as he stretched.

“…Do you remember that plant mom told us about?” Chestnut asked making Acorn look over at him “Said it healed pain and injuries, it was yellow and red I think” Chestnut finished explaining making Acorn light up.

“You’re right, and I think I saw one not too long ago!” Acorn said excitedly as he got up before leaving to eat some of it.

Acorn grinned as he found the plant.

‘Perfect, this’ll cure my soreness and make everything better’ He thought to himself as he ran over but felt like his life left his body as he felt the familiar feeling of something wrapping around his leg. He snarled and tried to claw at it to no avail. So he used the small time he had before the plant shut to shout.

“HELP!” He yelled before being shut into another plant.

Almost the whole pack was not that far so they ran over to help him out and quickly started attacking with all they had. It took a bit but he was finally out.

“Are you alright?” Chestnut said which just caused a scoff from Acorn.

“What do you think?” He said causing Chestnut to just stay silent.

“What happened?” Scorch asked, wondering how he got caught by another one of those plants.

“I was trying to reach that healing fruit” He gestured to said fruit. “But since it was in the grasses I didn’t see the plant until it grabbed me” Acorn explained as he glared at the now dead plant.

“Might as well take that healing fruit than since it’s down for now” Splotch said making Acorn nod before going over to the plant and eating it.

‘It does work’ Acorn thought as he felt most of the soreness and pain leave his body.

“Will he be alright?” Flower asked with concern after the group got back to their home.

“He’ll be fine now, that plant helps a lot apparently” Chestnut said as he scanned the clearing again from the stump.

“No offense but your group doesn’t seem very good at handling those plants” Flower said a bit nervous.

“No, it’s only our second time dealing with them” Chestnut said causing Flower’s head to snap up.

“Only twice in your life you’ve had to deal with that? You’re pretty lucky than” Flower said wondering how they avoided them so well.

“Oh no, we weren’t born here” Chestnut laughed causing Flower to stare in confusion.

“What do you mean?” Flower asked.

“We traveled on stones across the ocean for a while to get here, we got here only about 2 moons ago” Chestnut said making Flower’s eyes widen.

“You jumped across the stones to here?” She asked with shock.

“Yes, why do you look so surprised?” Chestnut asked confused.

“Most nichelings use the stones to leave, not come here” Flower said making Chestnut wince.

“We did only really stay here because we were too tired to continue after hopping across stones three times” Chestnut admitted feeling a little bad about it but knowing it was true.

“I guess that makes sense, will your group be moving across the stones again?” Flower asked making Chestnut hum in thought.

“Probably, I mean we were talking about it before but after what happened earlier even I want to leave before my brother gets eaten and doesn’t come out alive” Chestnut said making Flower wince in sympathy.

“If you’re having issues with them I couldn’t blame you. What type of island were your group from anyways?” Flower said making Chestnut perk up.

“It was really cold but we knew how to navigate and live on it, we didn’t eat anything but meat as there weren’t any plants except for some dead bushes” Chestnut replied making Flower tilt her head.

“No plants? Didn’t you guys go hungry a lot than?” Flower asked wondering how a group of nichelings could survive on that.

“If we kept moving we would be fine” Chestnut shrugged as moving around was just how they lived.

“If you were so used to it why did you leave?” Flower regretted her words the second they came out of her mouth and especially as she saw Chestnut wince.

“There was a huge bear, it was white and gray with spots. Even with our group we couldn’t overpower it so our parents and the other nichelings told us to leave and search for somewhere better. We were only teens at the time” Chestnut hurt to think about it, wondering what life would be like it that bear hadn’t ruined their group.

“I’m sorry about that” Flower said.

“Can’t really do anything about it anymore” Chestnut tried to shrug off the subject and Flower got the hint.

“Well why don’t we eat? You’ve been out here a while” Flower said making Chestnut relieved at an out for that conversation.

“Sounds good to me” Chestnut said as he jumped down from the stump before the two went back to their home.

19.png.0323ceb6b1efd46495470c46bb7036fe.png

I ship it! Flower X Chestnut

“I think we should leave this island” That statement caused the whole pack to look at him. “First off those plants are horrific, and second the only food we can find are those smelly fruits and that isn’t going to last us much longer with a pack this big, I hate to say it only three moons after we’ve moved here but I don’t think we should stay here any longer” Acorn finished what he was saying.

“I have to agree, this island isn’t a great choice for our group” Moose spoke up for once as he looked around at the island.

“And we have to watch our every step now” Scorch said as she side eyed a distant pink plant.

“…Where’s Midnight?” Acorn asked, confused as to why he hasn’t heard a word from him. This made the group start looking everywhere for the nervous nicheling until Splotch yelled.

“I found em!” Splotch’s words caused the pack to flock over and see a horrific sight.

Midnight’s still body was laying in the grass without any movement, not even a single breath.

“What happened?!” Acorn said, alarmed and confused as he was fine before they all went to sleep.

“He doesn’t even smell sick” Splotch said, confused as well. It wasn’t normal for nichelings to die without blood or sickness unless they were old and no one here is.

“That feels like an omen” Moose scoffed, though he did feel bad seeing as he was one of the more familiar nichelings to him.

“I guess you’re right, the sooner we leave this island the better” Acorn said as he looked at Midnight’s still body.

“But should we really leave our home?” Flower asked nervously, though that felt directed at Splotch more than anyone else.

“We don’t have to but the apes aren’t pleasant and I wouldn’t mind some better smelling food to eat” Splotch said, though he continued “I’ll go wherever you choose though” he finished as he looked at her.

“…I can’t deny being curious about what other islands have” Flower agreed after some thought making Chestnut smile, relieved as he didn’t want to really say goodbye to Flower but his loyalty was to follow wherever his brother went, the thought of being separated from him hurts too much to think about.

“Well we should get going than” Acorn said before leading the nichelings to the port and instructing Flower and Splotch on how to safely cross so they didn’t fall in and drown.

(I CAN’T BELIEVE I TOOK THIS SCREENSHOT AND DIDN’T AT ALL NOTICE I FORGOT MIDNIGHT UNTIL AFTER I LEFT THE ISLAND- Because right after I took the screenshot I did the travel thing and realized who I forgot the SECOND I hit the travel button, whoops)

20.png.b73f20bd6a56f91148865a14ba4058e7.png

The nichelings almost collapsed in relief as they reached the next island.

Well Flower and Splotch were relaxed anyways…

“NOT THIS ISLAND AGAIN!” Acorn snarled as he saw the reeds, confusing the two newest nichelings.

“What’s so bad about this place” Splotch said suspiciously but before Acorn could even open his mouth a huge swarm of bugs descended on them.

“WHAT ARE THESE THINGS?!” Splotch said as he swatted at the swarm.

“I don’t know but they make you tired” Chestnut answered as he tried to run around to keep them away from him.

Most of the nichelings were able to get away, except Scorch who got a bunch of them making her extremely tired right before they got to the stones.

“Scorch!” Moose said with more concern than usual as he ran towards her, getting stung in the process.

They decided to stay a bit but after a few days Scorch said something that shocked them.

“Leave without me” Moose immediately got up with alarm.

“We’re not going without you” He said as he looked at her.

“I won’t be strong enough to cross the stones” Scorch said sadly, knowing it was true.

“Than I’m staying too” Moose said as he sat next to her causing her to look over in shock, then smile.

“You will?” She asked hopefully, Moose just gave a tiny smile as nuzzled her.

“I’ll stay with you forever” Moose said.

“This is not how I expected a confession to go” Scorch gave a slight laugh while the rest of the group just kinda stared, not really knowing what to say.

“Are you sure you want to stay? We’ll wait if you need to” Acorn said, nervous at the thought of the group growing even smaller.

“I’m sure” With those words, after some heavy hesitation, the rest of the group left, now two members smaller.

The nichelings felt like their legs were going to simply fall off as they all but collapsed on the shore of the next island.

“This place looks really nice!” Flower said as she looked around and smelled some new scents.

“Not the worst” Splotch said, the closest he would get to a kind comment honestly. He was worried though, Acorn had told him about these bearyena creatures and they didn’t sound AS bad as apes but still.

“Looks kinda like how mom described her home island” Chestnut hummed, catching the attention of Flower, as he looked around.

“Yeah, smells much better than being around those fruits all the time” Acorn said before thinking of something. “No offense” He said to the two swamp nichelings.

“Eh none taken” Splotch answered as Flower decided to follow Chestnut, who was wandering off to sniff around.

“Your brother has his head in the clouds a lot huh?” Splotch asked as he and Acorn started clearing some grasses.

“Yeah, he’s always been like that honestly. Smarter than you might think though” Acorn said as he still remembered how effortlessly he caught that rabill when Bat showed them.

“I can tell, his eyes are both focused and unfocused” Splotch agreed, he wasn’t dumb enough to assume that a nicheling was dumb just because they weren’t flaunting their intelligence.

“Might be a bit sudden but how exactly do you know Flower?” Acorn asked, as he was curious how they met.

“She’s like a sister I never had” Splotch said, not really wanting to talk about how they met.

“I meant how you two met” Acorn said as he looked over at Splotch.

“Not important” Splotch said making Acorn huff but not push it.

“Alright well how did you survive so long on that island? It seems cruel” Acorn changed the subject as he didn’t want Splotch to snap at him or something.

“Being careful and sneaky, even a small mistake could cost you. Though I’m sure you of all nichelings are aware of that” Splotch said as he wondered how Acorn survived the plant twice, most don’t even survive once.

“I guess you’re right on that” Acorn said, and seeing as they couldn’t think of anything they just silently continued sniffing around.

Meanwhile…

“You said it was like your mom’s home island?” Flower asked as she trotted next to Chestnut.

“Yes, she said it has tall bright green grass and the smell of rabill was strong” Chestnut confirmed as he looked around, sadly that ended up making him collide with a tree.

“Are you okay?”  Flower asked with concern as she walked over to Chestnut.

“Yeah, guess I wasn’t paying attention” Chestnut said with a chuckle as he slowly got up and shook his pelt of sand.

“You’re sure?” Flower said to make sure he wasn’t trying to refuse help.

“I’m fine, honest!” Chestnut confirmed with a smile before the two kept walking. “So uh right, my mom’s home island. She also said it had non poisonous berries that any nicheling could eat” He continued and though Flower was still a bit worried she shrugged it off for now.

“Sounds amazing” Flower said with a smile, this island sounded pretty nice.

“Well we should probably go back, I did wander off without telling Acorn” Chestnut said, hoping Acorn wasn’t too worried.

“Yeah, Splotch is probably worried” Flower said with a nod before the two turned around and walked back.

21.png.e27ae3c4cdc7b20df270128433485587.png

“What are you two doing?” Chestnut asked as he approached Acorn and Splotch.

“Well he looked like he was about to die of panic after I ate one of these” Splotch gestured the the poisonous berry bush. “But my pack had traits that let them eat them and I was explaining that I wouldn’t just fall over and die” He said with a sigh.

“Oh neat” Chestnut simply said as he laid down on the ground before looking at the sky and proceeding to zone out.

“Yeah he’s fine! He’s eaten a bunch of those and hasn’t even gotten sick from them” Flower reassured Acorn causing him to sigh and look away from Splotch.

“Well if both of you are saying that I guess you’ll be fine” Acorn finally agreed.

“Finally” Splotch said earning a glare from Acorn.

“Well maybe we should all rest, we’ve traveled for a while” Flower suggested to stop their staring contest.

“Yeah, I’m pretty exhausted” Acorn agreed as he laid down.

“Fine” Splotch grumbled before laying down as well.

The pack passed out for the night.

22.png.c582d87cae38861b066d1f8b8dcf0217.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

“I think we should leave this island” That statement caused the whole pack to look at him. “First off those plants are horrific, and second the only food we can find are those smelly fruits and that isn’t going to last us much longer with a pack this big, I hate to say it only three moons after we’ve moved here but I don’t think we should stay here any longer” Acorn finished what he was saying.

“I have to agree, this island isn’t a great choice for our group” Moose spoke up for once as he looked around at the island.

“And we have to watch our every step now” Scorch said as she side eyed a distant pink plant.

“…Where’s Midnight?” Acorn asked, confused as to why he hasn’t heard a word from him. This made the group start looking everywhere for the nervous nicheling until Splotch yelled.

“I found em!” Splotch’s words caused the pack to flock over and see a horrific sight.

Midnight’s still body was laying in the grass without any movement, not even a single breath.

“What happened?!” Acorn said, alarmed and confused as he was fine before they all went to sleep.

“He doesn’t even smell sick” Splotch said, confused as well. It wasn’t normal for nichelings to die without blood or sickness unless they were old and no one here is.

“That feels like an omen” Moose scoffed, though he did feel bad seeing as he was one of the more familiar nichelings to him.

“I guess you’re right, the sooner we leave this island the better” Acorn said as he looked at Midnight’s still body.

“But should we really leave our home?” Flower asked nervously, though that felt directed at Splotch more than anyone else.

“We don’t have to but the apes aren’t pleasant and I wouldn’t mind some better smelling food to eat” Splotch said, though he continued “I’ll go wherever you choose though” he finished as he looked at her.

“…I can’t deny being curious about what other islands have” Flower agreed after some thought making Chestnut smile, relieved as he didn’t want to really say goodbye to Flower but his loyalty was to follow wherever his brother went, the thought of being separated from him hurts too much to think about.

“Well we should get going than” Acorn said before leading the nichelings to the port and instructing Flower and Splotch on how to safely cross so they didn’t fall in and drown.

(I CAN’T BELIEVE I TOOK THIS SCREENSHOT AND DIDN’T AT ALL NOTICE I FORGOT MIDNIGHT UNTIL AFTER I LEFT THE ISLAND- Because right after I took the screenshot I did the travel thing and realized who I forgot the SECOND I hit the travel button, whoops)

20.png.b73f20bd6a56f91148865a14ba4058e7.png

The nichelings almost collapsed in relief as they reached the next island.

Well Flower and Splotch were relaxed anyways…

“NOT THIS ISLAND AGAIN!” Acorn snarled as he saw the reeds, confusing the two newest nichelings.

“What’s so bad about this place” Splotch said suspiciously but before Acorn could even open his mouth a huge swarm of bugs descended on them.

“WHAT ARE THESE THINGS?!” Splotch said as he swatted at the swarm.

“I don’t know but they make you tired” Chestnut answered as he tried to run around to keep them away from him.

Most of the nichelings were able to get away, except Scorch who got a bunch of them making her extremely tired right before they got to the stones.

“Scorch!” Moose said with more concern than usual as he ran towards her, getting stung in the process.

They decided to stay a bit but after a few days Scorch said something that shocked them.

“Leave without me” Moose immediately got up with alarm.

“We’re not going without you” He said as he looked at her.

“I won’t be strong enough to cross the stones” Scorch said sadly, knowing it was true.

“Than I’m staying too” Moose said as he sat next to her causing her to look over in shock, then smile.

“You will?” She asked hopefully, Moose just gave a tiny smile as nuzzled her.

“I’ll stay with you forever” Moose said.

“This is not how I expected a confession to go” Scorch gave a slight laugh while the rest of the group just kinda stared, not really knowing what to say.

“Are you sure you want to stay? We’ll wait if you need to” Acorn said, nervous at the thought of the group growing even smaller.

“I’m sure” With those words, after some heavy hesitation, the rest of the group left, now two members smaller.

The nichelings felt like their legs were going to simply fall off as they all but collapsed on the shore of the next island.

“This place looks really nice!” Flower said as she looked around and smelled some new scents.

“Not the worst” Splotch said, the closest he would get to a kind comment honestly. He was worried though, Acorn had told him about these bearyena creatures and they didn’t sound AS bad as apes but still.

“Looks kinda like how mom described her home island” Chestnut hummed, catching the attention of Flower, as he looked around.

“Yeah, smells much better than being around those fruits all the time” Acorn said before thinking of something. “No offense” He said to the two swamp nichelings.

“Eh none taken” Splotch answered as Flower decided to follow Chestnut, who was wandering off to sniff around.

“Your brother has his head in the clouds a lot huh?” Splotch asked as he and Acorn started clearing some grasses.

“Yeah, he’s always been like that honestly. Smarter than you might think though” Acorn said as he still remembered how effortlessly he caught that rabill when Bat showed them.

“I can tell, his eyes are both focused and unfocused” Splotch agreed, he wasn’t dumb enough to assume that a nicheling was dumb just because they weren’t flaunting their intelligence.

“Might be a bit sudden but how exactly do you know Flower?” Acorn asked, as he was curious how they met.

“She’s like a sister I never had” Splotch said, not really wanting to talk about how they met.

“I meant how you two met” Acorn said as he looked over at Splotch.

“Not important” Splotch said making Acorn huff but not push it.

“Alright well how did you survive so long on that island? It seems cruel” Acorn changed the subject as he didn’t want Splotch to snap at him or something.

“Being careful and sneaky, even a small mistake could cost you. Though I’m sure you of all nichelings are aware of that” Splotch said as he wondered how Acorn survived the plant twice, most don’t even survive once.

“I guess you’re right on that” Acorn said, and seeing as they couldn’t think of anything they just silently continued sniffing around.

Meanwhile…

“You said it was like your mom’s home island?” Flower asked as she trotted next to Chestnut.

“Yes, she said it has tall bright green grass and the smell of rabill was strong” Chestnut confirmed as he looked around, sadly that ended up making him collide with a tree.

“Are you okay?”  Flower asked with concern as she walked over to Chestnut.

“Yeah, guess I wasn’t paying attention” Chestnut said with a chuckle as he slowly got up and shook his pelt of sand.

“You’re sure?” Flower said to make sure he wasn’t trying to refuse help.

“I’m fine, honest!” Chestnut confirmed with a smile before the two kept walking. “So uh right, my mom’s home island. She also said it had non poisonous berries that any nicheling could eat” He continued and though Flower was still a bit worried she shrugged it off for now.

“Sounds amazing” Flower said with a smile, this island sounded pretty nice.

“Well we should probably go back, I did wander off without telling Acorn” Chestnut said, hoping Acorn wasn’t too worried.

“Yeah, Splotch is probably worried” Flower said with a nod before the two turned around and walked back.

21.png.e27ae3c4cdc7b20df270128433485587.png

“What are you two doing?” Chestnut asked as he approached Acorn and Splotch.

“Well he looked like he was about to die of panic after I ate one of these” Splotch gestured the the poisonous berry bush. “But my pack had traits that let them eat them and I was explaining that I wouldn’t just fall over and die” He said with a sigh.

“Oh neat” Chestnut simply said as he laid down on the ground before looking at the sky and proceeding to zone out.

“Yeah he’s fine! He’s eaten a bunch of those and hasn’t even gotten sick from them” Flower reassured Acorn causing him to sigh and look away from Splotch.

“Well if both of you are saying that I guess you’ll be fine” Acorn finally agreed.

“Finally” Splotch said earning a glare from Acorn.

“Well maybe we should all rest, we’ve traveled for a while” Flower suggested to stop their staring contest.

“Yeah, I’m pretty exhausted” Acorn agreed as he laid down.

“Fine” Splotch grumbled before laying down as well.

The pack passed out for the night.

22.png.c582d87cae38861b066d1f8b8dcf0217.png

NOOOOO Midnight :( one of my favorite characters is canonically dead. That sucks you forgot him cause u ended up with an extra spot after Scorch and Moose were left behind...oh well. Hopefully the four that are left will be able to rebuild the tribe. Only 2 members are actually even related to the starters if I'm correct.