Stray Fawn Community

The Deadly Isle

Stranger

(you know me, time for another playthrough where I put in a lot of work for the story but I die halfway through) 

The goal for this playthrough is to start on the Deadly hills, and survive for 500 days. If I do, I'll say that the tribe finally managed to leave the island, and I'll probably end the story there. 

TW: Death, Violence (like fighting and stuff)

These are the starters. 

scren.thumb.png.62e89e7268c4c71ccdb8070f1906c6f4.png

Talian is the leader. He is strong and brave, and he puts his tribe above everything. He has one daughter, named Rain, who will lead the tribe after he dies. Rain isn't very close to him because Talien does not show emotion or love to his daughter very often, and he shows it even less after his mate died. 

s.thumb.png.af3cec22e5480503a81d809d2f498bcc.png

Rain is Taliens daughter. Her mother died to a bearyena, which makes her despise them. She has a short temper, and is usually suspicious of strangers, but she remembers how it was for her emotions to be ignored by her father, so she does her best to be kind to those she cares about. 

t.thumb.png.3c40901d037e10f85ab66cb4db3fed9b.png

y.thumb.png.286607dba11e976a6ffebc2399f2a666.png

Momo and Mimi are identical twins. They don't have any back story because they were brought to the island before they even opened their eyes. 

i.thumb.png.ff85e7ac763c97be312691977ddf0614.png

Kevi is the twins father. He is kind and gentle, and doesn't really handle confrontations well. He is extremely protective of his daughters and loves them very much, which sparks some jealousy within Rain. 

j.thumb.png.9bd0ee6f17693ccab4eac748039147bc.png

Filan is quick, sneaky and clever. He is suspicious of nearly everyone and isn't close to anyone except Visio. The truth is that he's very lonely, but was betrayed by his siater at a young age, leading him to not trust anyone. He can be rude at times, but only as a defence mechanism. He cares for Visio because of his promise to Visios mother, when Visio and Filan were both just children. 

v.thumb.png.2cd7cf5a2ea955db966606d67f90c076.png

Visio is quiet and keeps to herself. Nearly all the time her head is up in the clouds, and she doesn't register what's in front of her. She knows she can trust Filan but that's about it. She is almost childlike in the way she acts, and doesn't understand much of the world. When she was a teen she witnessed her family being burned to death in the savanah, leading her to locking herself away in her mind. She met Filan when her mother was still alive, and remembers that her mothers dying wish was for her to stay with him, and to stay safe. 

h.thumb.png.dbd0f3d889eda21d6c00b552eae8b826.png

They arrive at the island. 

Edited by YourLocalStranger
Decided to add trigger warnings just in case
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

(I'm going to continue this in a couple of hours because of school but I forgot to say this yesterday

I FINALLY learned how to transfer screenshots from my computer to my phone you ONIONS I AM UNSTOPPABLE HAHAHHAA-) 

• Eek! 1

'Rain, its your job to lead a scouting party out to find us a den, can you handle that?' Talien said as the last of the tribe got off the stepping stones. 

Rain immediately jumped at the opportunity of impressing her father. 'Yes! I can handle it!' she smiled proudly. But her smile quickly turned into a frown. 'What's that scent?'

A young bearyena jumped out of the bushes. It had patchy fur and its teeth weren't fully grown. It gave a growl and tried to attack. 

fs.thumb.png.b44e5a5ec25a41e9f7d4b0af061877b2.png

Talien defeated it in a single blow with his mighty claws. 

'Well Rain? Aren't you going to go find us a den?' Talien said impatiently. 

'R-right' Rain was slightly shocked that the Island threw a bearyena at them the moment they arrived, but shook it off. Im going to be a leader soon, I can't be scared by things like a young bearyena. 

She asked Falin and Visio to come with her, and they set out to look for a den. 

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

As the rest of the tribe scouted for a den, Kevi was left with his two twin daughters, whose personalities began to emerge. Momo was quiet and acted a bit like an older sister to Mimi, who had limitless curiosity. Mimi would sometimes go bounding off into the grasses for the purpose of 'exploration' and her father always had to bring her back. 

'Can't catch me!' Mimi laughed, hopping from stone to stone. 

'Come back, you don't know if we can even eat that!' Momo yelled after her. 

'Watch me!' came the reply, as Mimi tried to pry open the rocklike shape. At that moment she tripped, and went tumbling into the water. 

Someone pulled her up my the scruff of her neck, and she gazed up into the not-too-happy face of her father. 

'I just wanted to see what it was?' she said sheepishly. 

'And now you're furs all soaking' replied Kevi. 'I hope you learned your lesson' 

'To not fall into the water? Okay, got it!' she smiled broadly. 

Kevi only sighed and picked up the 'rock' she was holding. 'Its a clam. You can eat it, if that's what you were wondering' he pried it oped for her, just as Momo caught up. 

'Dad, she wasn't listening to me!' Momo complained. 

Kevi sighed, and prepared himself for a long day. 

fh.thumb.png.1339d513789d6f0faafe57d38a6bbfbc.png

Meanwhile the scouting team found a healing fruit. 

'Father will be so proud!' Rain said, puffing up her chest in pride. 

'It doesn't look poisonous' Fipan mused, looking down at the strange fruit. 

'I'm telling you, they're edible' Rain insisted. 

fr.thumb.png.f4a9c52eb8bf2a1fc98f74309708ff04.png

A bearyena jumped out of the bushes the moment Filan leaned in to take a closer look. Rain jumped at it, and took it down quickly. 

'Now he'll be even more proud!' 

'Do you always only think about making your father happy?' sighed Filan,shaking from the fact he almost died. 

A frown crossed Rains face, and the scouting continued. 

hy.png

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1
  • Paw up 1

Visio was lying in the grass, feeling the breeze in her fur. A tall tree towered nearby. She was about to drift off into a peaceful sleep, when Filan crashed into the small clearing, a relieved look on his face. That look slowly turned into a scowl. 

'There you are! I almost died by a bearyena! You could have been killed!' he said, obviously annoyed. 'Where even were you?' 

Visio stared confusedly around the clearing. There were no bad things here. Why would Filan be hurt? 

'okay, whatever. We're going back to the rest of the pack anyway. Haven't found anything useful' Filan grumbled, glancing back at where Rain was, near the dead bearyena. Visio slowly shook her head, and pointed in the direction of the tree. 

'what is it now?' 

But Visio insisted. Filan sighed and followed her to the tree. His face broke into a broad grin when he saw what was there. The tree had a comfortable nest of leaves and foliage beneath it, there was another healing plant, and a large rock stood between the nest and the clearing nearby, protecting it from bearyena attacks. 

'This is great Visio! Well done!' Filan grinned, giving her a gentle pat on the back. 

Visio herself had forgotten why she, Filan, and.... That other girl went out here in the first place, but she like seeing her friend happy, so she smiled back. 

tsrh.thumb.png.6956a16251b0b744666eb12f2b682aa3.png

The rest of the tribe was on their way to the new den. Momo and Mimi had grown considerably, but they definately hadn't matured mentally. Mimi, as always was racing ahead, her sister and her father rushing after her, making sure she didn't get herself into trouble. 

gt.thumb.png.17db4838dc261edf020fba1305b8a279.png

Suddenly, a strange male emerged from the bushes. His eyes were glossy, and seemed almost brain dead. Both of his paws were gone, and his snout was crooked. As he approached, he let out a small cough every few seconds. 

'Hello! Who are you?' Mimi smiled, even if she was kind of scared. After all, she had to be polite to strangers. But be careful as well. 

The male didn't reply. Mimi took a step back, banging into her sister. 

Kevi came out of the grasses, a smile on his face, until he noticed the stranger. His face fell and he started yelling. 

'Get away from my daughters, I'm warning you!' 

The twins ran to Kevi and hid behind him. The stranger only looked at Kevi once, and kept advancing. 

'I warned you!' Kevi growled and raised his paw, hitting the stranger across the back. The male hissed in pain and bounded off into the grass, finally getting the message. 

'And don't come back!' Kevi said as fiercely as he could, considering his paw felt like it was about to drop off. 

'What's going on?' Filan came out of the bushes. He took one look at Kevi's paw. 

'Alright you're coming with me' he said, spinning around back to the healing fruit they found earlier. 

Kevi only nodded and followed, the twins at his heels. 

'Please be more careful' Kevi sighed. He looked over the two, making sure they weren't hurt. 

'Dad who was that?' Momo whispered. 

'I don't know. But anyone with dead eyes like those likely isn't a good creature. Promise me you'll stay away from any more strangers?'

The two nodded, and followed their father. 

• Like 2

Rain was sitting near the tree, bored out of her mind. Mimi bounded forward, a large grin on her face. 

'Hey Rain!' 

'What do you want?' Rain replied, glad that she had someone to talk to but still slightly annoyed that Mimi would be so casual with her when she was the daughter of the leader. 

'Uh, I was wondering if you wanted to go with me and Momo to look for more Berry bushes' 

'Me? I'm supposed to stay here and learn.... Leader stuff' Rain said unhappily, knowing her father wouldn't have time for that today and that she'd sit here being bored for the rest of the day. 

'Suit yourself' Mimi shrugged, turning around to find her sister. 

Rain watched her go with a pang of regret, before swallowing her pride and calling after Mimi. 

'Wait, changed my mind! I'm coming with you!' 

'I knew you would' Mimi smiled, and the two went off to find Momo. 

When they came back the two sister immediately bounded over to the nest beside the healing fruit to show their dad what they found, with Rain following reluctantly behind. 

'Dad! Look!' Mimi cried, holding up the largest Berry anyone had ever seen. 'And I found it all by myself!' 

'No you didn't' Momo interrupted. 'Rain found it' 

'Yeah but I helped, so I should get at least three quarters of it' grumbled Mimi. 

'No, we're splitting it equal' Momo said sternly, and the two immediately started arguing. 

'Well done Rain!' Kevi smiled, looking at the huge berry. 'Where did you find it?' 

Encouraged by the fact that Kevi actually wanted to hear what she had to say she started talking. 

'It was nearby that small stream, just at the top of it!' 

'Here, could you split it into equal parts? I can't exactly do that because..' Kevi held up his paw, still broken. 

Rain nodded eagerly. She sliced the berry up with her claws, leaving four slices. 

'Four? But there's only three of you?' Kevi asked. 

'But if you want that paw to heal you're going to have to eat something other than nuts and meat' Rain smiled, pushing the fourth piece over to him. 

'Well then, thank you Rain' he laughed taking the piece. Momo and Mimi had stopped fighting and went over to measure which piece was the biggest out of the two that were left. Rain smiled at her new friends, and started to eat her piece of the sweet berry. 

(Im sorry I forgot to take screenshots of this :(() 

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

trsg.thumb.png.aa14be2f3bbe78d50d456575aaa82013.png

Morning dawned onto the camp. Rain felt a third gem in her fur and stood up to get a better look at it. She hadn't even fully stood up, when a bearyena, silent as a mouse and scentless like a fish, barreled into her. It clawed across her side and she gave a cry of pain, before leaping forward onto its back and scratching its back with her sharp claws. 

The bearyena roared as Talian joined in on the fight, and the two knocked the bearyena over, killing it. Rain panted, blood still leaking down her side. Falun immediately ran over and led her gently over to the nest with the healing fruit. 

'Rain, are you hurt badly?' Talian wasn't concerned. At least he didn't sound concerned. 

'Nope! I'm fine!' Rain tried to act brave, and she straightened up, but she winced with the pain and curled back into herself. 

'Be more careful next time, he sighed, leaving the den to scout for more bearyenas. 

Rain only sighed. ' I did alright with that bearyena, didn't I? '

'You did great' Falin tried to sound reassuring, but that was never his strong point. 'If that was me I would have just flopped over and died' he joked. 

Rain chuckled slightly, but winced again. 

yrds.thumb.png.752f4515488553a40e61293a7528709c.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Filan plodded over to Kevi, who was sitting over by the tree, happily cracking open nuts and putting them into a small pile. 

'So how does your paw feel?' Filan asked, sitting down beside Kevi. He acted as if he didn't really care for the answer. 

Kevi saw right through him. 

'It feels great, thanks to you!' he smiled. 'you should become our healer, I'm sure you'd be great at it' 

'Ah, don't joke like that. It was just a broken paw anyone could heal that.' Filan said, slightly flattening his ears.

'But you were the one who did it for me. Anyone else could do it but you were the one who actually did it.' Kevi rolled one of the open nuts towards his friend. 

Filan smiled, which was pretty rare, before turning away from slight embarrassment. 

'I'll consider it' he said quietly, the small smile still on his face. 

oui.thumb.png.a036b9a7cc38146ef7e526035192149b.png

Suddenly, they heard a rustling in the bushes. Filan jumped up and ran towards the sound, ready to fight. 

'Filan wait!' Kevi whisper-yelled before following after him. 

A spotted creature was waiting by a rabbit hole. Just as a rabbit emerged, she quietly stalked closer. Almost. A small creature crashed through the bushes, scaring the rabbit back into its burrow. He whipped around, as if searching for something. She hissed and jumped at him, pinning him to the ground. 

'You scared away my dinner!' she growled in his face. 

Another creature, black as night, barreled into her and knocked her of the first one. 

'Who are you?! You're on tribe territory!' the black one hissed. 

There were two of them. This was bad. 

'I was only hunting' she said calmly, trying to placate them. 

'Well you're on our territory, so leave!' he growled. 

'Wait.' said the smaller one. 'My names Filan, and this is Kevi. Are you travelling alone?' 

The spotted creature thought for a moment before answering. 

'My names Rama. I am travelling alone.'

'You could join our pack if the leaders okay with it. We need new members' 

'Alright.' Rama shrugged. She had been a wanderer for far too long anyways. Maybe she'd find someone to be her mate in that tribe. She had always wanted a kit of her own. 

The three of them walked back to the tribe. 

jtu.thumb.png.12cbd38b450e90a794682c03530eab16.png

rt.thumb.png.6d66ccadea9b47efac19e98d02d821b5.png

(ignore the kid thats later on in the playthrough ok?) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just saying, sometimes I make the order of events a little different than what actually happened in the game, so that's why some screenshots have day 22 on them and then in the next post it says day 11

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

Rama had been in the tribe for a little while now, and she had realized that she wasn't getting any younger. She had always wanted kits, but if she had them, they had to be strong. She thought for a little while before coming to a decision. 

'Talian may I speak to you?' she plodded over. 

'Of course, what do you want?' Talian was just heading out to scout for bearyenas but he decided he could spend some time talking. 

'I would like to be your mate' Rama didn't feel nervous asking this. She didn't really love him after all. And besides she was older than most of the others in the tribe and was too experienced to be worried about things like this. 

Talian looked slightly surprised. He thought for a minute before deciding. 

'I think it's time I took on another mate. Alright Rama.' He nodded. 

uiy.thumb.png.6b827b4f8ba58ab00f7204607bd75b3d.png

Someone wandered into the camp the next day. Momo was the first to notice, but kept her distance. The creature had a beak and claw and would look intimidating if they didn't look as old as time. Their once yellow fur was almost completely gray, their bones seemed to crackle with every step. 

ifj.thumb.png.bc4674692ed4431a561e493eb4128690.png

'This place is mine!' he yelled weakly. 'Intruders! Aggressors!' 

'He looks.... Slightly insane' whispered Mimi, keeping her distance. 

Even though the creature was old, he was still quick. He ran straight to the healing plant, as if he knew the place off by heart. Rain ran towards him. 

'Hey!' she growled fiercely. 'Get out of here!' 

He ignored her and grabbed the fruit, before running back into the bushes, mumbling something about this being his home, and that the tribe had no right to be there. 

'Let him go rain' Kevi called. 'He's too quick' 

Rain grumbled, but let him run off. 

The twins gained their third gems the night after. 

hij.thumb.png.0eb25aced06184220095141ecd5f82ad.png

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

6 minutes ago, YourLocalStranger said:

Rama had been in the tribe for a little while now, and she had realized that she wasn't getting any younger. She had always wanted kits, but if she had them, they had to be strong. She thought for a little while before coming to a decision. 

'Talian may I speak to you?' she plodded over. 

'Of course, what do you want?' Talian was just heading out to scout for bearyenas but he decided he could spend some time talking. 

'I would like to be your mate' Rama didn't feel nervous asking this. She didn't really love him after all. And besides she was older than most of the others in the tribe and was too experienced to be worried about things like this. 

Talian looked slightly surprised. He thought for a minute before deciding. 

'I think it's time I took on another mate. Alright Rama.' He nodded. 

uiy.thumb.png.6b827b4f8ba58ab00f7204607bd75b3d.png

Someone wandered into the camp the next day. Momo was the first to notice, but kept her distance. The creature had a beak and claw and would look intimidating if they didn't look as old as time. Their once yellow fur was almost completely gray, their bones seemed to crackle with every step. 

ifj.thumb.png.bc4674692ed4431a561e493eb4128690.png

'This place is mine!' he yelled weakly. 'Intruders! Aggressors!' 

'He looks.... Slightly insane' whispered Mimi, keeping her distance. 

Even though the creature was old, he was still quick. He ran straight to the healing plant, as if he knew the place off by heart. Rain ran towards him. 

'Hey!' she growled fiercely. 'Get out of here!' 

He ignored her and grabbed the fruit, before running back into the bushes, mumbling something about this being his home, and that the tribe had no right to be there. 

'Let him go rain' Kevi called. 'He's too quick' 

Rain grumbled, but let him run off. 

The twins gained their third gems the night after. 

hij.thumb.png.0eb25aced06184220095141ecd5f82ad.png

grrr i hate thieving wanderers lol. idc if you have good genes, don't steal my stuff!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AndromedaTheGalaxyCat said:

grrr i hate thieving wanderers lol. idc if you have good genes, don't steal my stuff!

Lol yeah, and it was also bad because he was literally going to die in 2 days so I couldn't invite him or anything 

• Paw up 1

Filan had been out looking for more healing plants. That old wanderer took their healing fruit so until it grew back it would be handy to have another one. As he was walking he bumped into something. Probably a rock. Looking up in irritation, he saw a great black shape towering over him, growling loudly. 

pof.thumb.png.846f2a2419938979ac5a2b65ca2d7279.png

He yelped loudly and jumped out of the way just as it brought its claws down on where he was 5 seconds ago. 

'Bearyena!' he screamed as he ran back to camp, unharmed but scared out of his mind. 

Rain and Talian, who were close immediately went over, just as the bearyena crashed through the bushes. They attacked it, but Rain was hit on the side of her leg, and hissed.

fosiu.thumb.png.513c0161b7164421312312fc73ad767d.png

They took it down quickly but when Filan took Rain back to the healing plant, he realized he had forgotten that the wanderer had stolen the fruit. 

'You'll have to wait a few days until the fruit grows back' Filan swished his tail anxiously. 'Think you can handle that?' 

'I'll be fine' Rain nodded. Maybe then, her father, who hadn't even come to check up on her this time, would be prou-  no. If he hadn't come to see if his daughter was even alright... 

'Besides, I made myself proud didn't I? The wound doesn't hurt that much, I'll be fine' Rain tried to smile. 

Filan smiled back. 

'Thank you Rain, for saving me. Again.' 

The next day Momo walked up to Visio. 

'Visio, me and Mimi want to go exploring, want to come with us?' 

Visio flicked her tail in thought for a moment, and looked out at the grasses that marked the end of the tribes territory. She finally nodded, a small smile on her face. Momo grinned. 

'Great! Lets go!' 

Mimi went up to them. 

'I told dad where we were going just in case we were eaten by bearyenas, but he said it was dangerous to go just by ourselves, even though we literally have 3 gems, and that we have to have someone with us and-' Mimi glanced behind Momo at the large shape in the grass. 'Hey Visio' she grinned. 

The three set off, and not long after, they found a pile of bones. 

'We LITERALLY just left camp' Momo frowned, keeping her distance. 

'But what if its...' Mimi leaned in closer nad found a rotten healing fruit near the paws of the bones. He hadn't even eaten it, just held onto it until he died. He really must have been mad. 

'The wanderer! That stole our fruit a couple of days ago! It's him!' Mimi exclaimed. 

Visio nudged the twins to move on, her ears flattened against her head. They left the wanderer there, his bones among the grasses. 

zoaji.thumb.png.c768e64f94f2953d7a0299cf27863b38.png

The same night in camp, Rains half sister was born. 

'She is beautiful' purred Rama. 'We should name her.. Giya' 

Talian nodded. 'Then her name shall be Giya' 

gsu.thumb.png.ce5e5f3cf7ad39eea90280741b4714e2.png

Rain sat beside the nest, looking at her half-sister and her stepmother caring for her. She felt a pang of sadness she had not felt in a long while, as she remembered her own mother. That night she decided that she wanted Giya's childhood to be a happy one, not like Rain's was. She would treat Giya as her little sister, no matter what. 

hiys.thumb.png.7673ffe8a7a6860a122e944adee444f5.png

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, AndromedaTheGalaxyCat said:

you're making me want to continue my own playthrough even though i have no motivation to right now- 

i promise i will get back to it someday don't hate me

Only continue it if you actually have the motivation. No point doing something youre supposed to enjoy if you dont enjoy it

• Like 2

'Come on guys, you're as slow as a peaceful bear' Mimi joked as she pushed through the grasses, her sister and Visio trailing behind her. 

'Ugh, I can't believe her' Momo complained as the third branch today had just whipped across her face. 

Visio walked a bit in front of Momo, looking back every few seconds to make sure Momo was still there and hadn't fallen behind, to shield her from the thorns that Momo wasn't used to navigating. Not like Mimi. Mimi had always loved to explore, and the only reason Momo even agreed to come along was because she had to make sure Mimi didn't do anything stupid. 

They emerged into a place where the grass wasn't as thick, and a lot of those sour tasting berries were around. A creature with earth brown fur, a large build, and only one paw was struggling near the bank of a river, sticking her good paw into the water and out again as she cursed under her breath. 

foh.thumb.png.26030250979cad417046d37d394da895.png

Visio walked over, seemingly not caring that this was a stranger that could potentially hurt her. She put her clawed paw into the water and pulled out a huge black and orange fish that the stranger must have been trying to catch. She immediately shoved it into her mouth, munching happily. 

'Hey! That was mine!' the stranger hissed at Visio. 

Visio looked down at the fish, frowned, and gave what was left of it to the stranger. Only the tail was left and the stranger looked as if she was going to kill someone. Suddenly, she burst out laughing. 

'Okay, keep the fish you oaf' she grinned, nudging Visio. 'I wasn't that hungry anyway, I could catch another if I wanted to!' 

'Let's see it then. Catch another' Momo teased, knowing that the stranger was lying. 

'Not right now.' she said hurriedly. 'Are you guys a pack or something?'

'Yeah! Do you wanna join?' Mimi said happily. 'My names Mimi, this is Momo and that's Visio' 

'Huh, and I thought I was seeing double. I'm Uvi.' Uvi grinned. She seemed to almost never stop smiling. 'Like, I could do things on my own, but I guess I could join your pack. To help you guys out' 

Momo scoffed, but let Uvi come along back to the territory. 

htz.thumb.png.1859cd4b0ce7f09fc066db2e3cf85cb1.png

Giya had been exploring for a little while, Rain right beside her. She had found a tree stump. 

'This is my base now! I'm going to lead the whole tribe from here!' 

'Sure you are' Rain said with a hint of teasing. 

'I am! Mom told me that I would be leader one day! She didn't tell you?' Giya questioned. 

Rain went pale. 

'R-right. I'll go talk to Rama later tonight then' she said quietly. 

'Rain? Are you okay?' Giya frowned. 

'Yup. Fine!' Rain forced a smile. But deep down she knew something was wrong. 

sg.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Also this week I'm having my November assessments so I won't be posting until Friday or maybe Saturday. I might have a very small update on Wednesday though, because the tests we're having on that day are easy. 

• Paw up 1